Home

How long has the snake got left

Posted By: Philip_Lombardo

How long has the snake got left - 10/16/13 09:40 PM

Has the old man Persicio been suffering from any illnesses as of recently? Something that would imply death isn't far away? He recently turned 80 a cautious age for most elderly people especially in jail, how long do you reckon he has left? I give it 7 at max
Posted By: F_white

Re: How long has the snake got left - 10/16/13 09:53 PM

The snake is Immortal. lol lol lol lol
Posted By: LaLouisiane

Re: How long has the snake got left - 10/16/13 09:56 PM

Out of curiosity, at 80, Is he still locked up in a 8x10 cage or transferred to a prison hospital? LCN boss aside, I doubt he will be trying to jump any prison walls or assault any guards. The government should realize that they have won, they broke him, he is no longer a threat to our society. By all means I'm not saying cut him loose but transfer him to a prison that's not a war zone every day (If he isn't already, I currently don't know where hes serving).
Posted By: Snakes

Re: How long has the snake got left - 10/17/13 12:05 AM

He's in Butner, which is where Madoff is also being held. It's a low to medium-level security prison with the largest medical facility in the entire prison system.

It's right up the road from where I stay and it's probably one of the "better" places to be locked up at in the system. It's actually a nice-looking complex once one gets over the fact that it's a federal prison.

Posted By: Giancarlo

Re: How long has the snake got left - 10/17/13 12:19 AM

Both Persico and Scarfo Sr are at that Butner Med I FCI

Persico is 80 and Little Nicky is 84
Posted By: southend

Re: How long has the snake got left - 10/17/13 12:24 PM

Damn that place is nice The top picture atleast.

Re: How long has the snake got left - 10/17/13 02:02 PM

Originally Posted By: southend

If you have to do fed time Butner is one of the nicer places and their hospital is one of the better ones in the fed system. Butner has 2 medium security facilities and a low security unit. The low security is where you want to go.

The best/nicest/easiest fed facilities are the Federal Prison Camps. If you have to do fed time the prison camps are the place to do it. Some of them don't even have a fence, you could just walk away but you'd be crazy to because when you get caught you'll go to a medium security place at the least and possibly a max prison.

Forbes Magazine did a piece on fed prisons and said for men The Federal Prison Camp at Pensacola, Fla is supposed to be the "cushiest" and for women they list the Federal Prison Camp at Alderson W Va as the best to do your time at.

I forget which prison the newspapers years ago used to call Club Fed...where they used to send politicians and rich guys that had enough clout to get in. Anyone remember which prison that was?
Posted By: SgWaue86

Re: How long has the snake got left - 10/17/13 02:20 PM

I think for the most part doing time in the fed system is 100% better than doing state time. Also are there any cases of a person convicted in fed court and sent to state prison?
Posted By: azguy

Re: How long has the snake got left - 10/17/13 03:10 PM

anyway to see a recent picture of either of them..?
Posted By: GaryH

Re: How long has the snake got left - 10/17/13 05:02 PM

Isnt Joey Testa at Butner?
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: How long has the snake got left - 10/17/13 05:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Giancarlo
Originally Posted By: southend

If you have to do fed time Butner is one of the nicer places and their hospital is one of the better ones in the fed system. Butner has 2 medium security facilities and a low security unit. The low security is where you want to go.

The best/nicest/easiest fed facilities are the Federal Prison Camps. If you have to do fed time the prison camps are the place to do it. Some of them don't even have a fence, you could just walk away but you'd be crazy to because when you get caught you'll go to a medium security place at the least and possibly a max prison.

Forbes Magazine did a piece on fed prisons and said for men The Federal Prison Camp at Pensacola, Fla is supposed to be the "cushiest" and for women they list the Federal Prison Camp at Alderson W Va as the best to do your time at.

I forget which prison the newspapers years ago used to call Club Fed...where they used to send politicians and rich guys that had enough clout to get in. Anyone remember which prison that was?

I think the one you listed in Pensacola was the Club Fed. I think our current mayor ended up there in the late 90's early 2000's. Played golf every day.
Posted By: LittleMan

Re: How long has the snake got left - 10/17/13 05:34 PM

How effectively can a mob boss run his family from prison these days? The Snake has been off the street for over 25 years.

Chin relayed messages through his son, Andrew, and apparently, they were recorded and prosecuted for that. Was Chin in a higher security prison compared to the Snake? I figure that the feds could easily eavesdrop and record his conversations and would eventually be able to decipher his code.

How can the Snake run things from behind bars, unless he is just a figurehead with no real power?
Posted By: littlemango

Re: How long has the snake got left - 10/17/13 08:36 PM

having lunch in there with persico and scarfo would make for one hell of a book
Posted By: cookcounty

Re: How long has the snake got left - 10/17/13 10:40 PM

so steal 18 billion dollars and get sent to a resort (that aint' hard time)

break into a house when nobody is home and get sent to a fucking gladiator cage
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: How long has the snake got left - 10/18/13 07:29 AM

Originally Posted By: LittleMan
How effectively can a mob boss run his family from prison these days? The Snake has been off the street for over 25 years.

Chin relayed messages through his son, Andrew, and apparently, they were recorded and prosecuted for that. Was Chin in a higher security prison compared to the Snake? I figure that the feds could easily eavesdrop and record his conversations and would eventually be able to decipher his code.

How can the Snake run things from behind bars, unless he is just a figurehead with no real power?

Persico can also meet with his lawyers. And the fact that he still has so many family and friends on the street is a big reason why he's remained boss for so long.
Posted By: LittleMan

Re: How long has the snake got left - 10/18/13 04:51 PM

Thanks, Ivy. I figured all of his appeals have been long exhausted and as a result, the feds eavesdropped on his conversations, like they did with the Chin. I guess not.

I know it has been discussed in other threads here, but I find Sonny Franzese fascinating. Here was the rising star of the family, who couldn't stay out of jail- even when he was released on parole. However, according to his son Michael in his autobiography, Quitting The Mob.....Sonny was double crossed by Colombo family leaders to return to jail on parole violations, out of fear of his power and influence. Reminds me of a real life Feech LaManna situation from the Sopranos.

If Sonny wasn't double crossed by Colombo family leaders, then he lacked street smarts in some ways. He couldn't understand government surveillance as he got nabbed more than once for parole violations for meeting with known criminals. And at 89-93 years of age, he was arrested/convicted of home invasions and extorting a pizza parlor-WTF?!

Regarding the burglaries and extortion convictions....does anyone know if Sonny was nailed via RICO from receiving some payoffs being kicked up? Or was this elderly gent actually putting on fake police uniforms and robbing homes? And was this old man actually going up to mom and pop pizza parlors, demanding protection money?!
Posted By: tenpin477

Re: How long has the snake got left - 10/19/13 02:49 AM

The feds have no reason to keep Persico out of power. Look at what his rule has done for the Columbos.
Posted By: Serpiente

Re: How long has the snake got left - 10/19/13 01:35 PM

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: LittleMan

Persico can also meet with his lawyers. And the fact that he still has so many family and friends on the street is a big reason why he's remained boss for so long.
Also each year there is a trip some will golf and go to the beach, some will fish some go to strip joints,some just eat and drink. Boating is big and someone has a very nice one that they use.They go to a popular town in carolinas.
Then certain ones break off and go see him.

Also there is a front boss that no one talks about, he makes most of the decisions for the family.
He will only talk to blood,
Also it is easy to get messages to him(snake) hard to get them out.

See the chart is partly wrong...

Re: How long has the snake got left - 10/19/13 03:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Serpiente
Also there is a front boss that no one talks about, he makes most of the decisions for the family.
He will only talk to blood,
Also it is easy to get messages to him(snake) hard to get them out.

See the chart is partly wrong...

Not sure who you're talking about when you say "front boss." Andy Russo was acting boss before he was indicted and may be again. But all that has been revealed by the feds is Persico being the imprisoned boss, Sonny Franzese the imprisoned underboss, Donny Montemerano the acting underboss, and Ritchie Fusco the consigliere. I would assume somebody is acting boss at the moment but don't know who.

Re: How long has the snake got left - 10/19/13 03:28 PM

Fusco died in sept. Any idea who replaced him as the family consigliere?

Re: How long has the snake got left - 10/19/13 03:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Giancarlo
Fusco died in sept. Any idea who replaced him as the family consigliere?

Sorry, the acting consigliere is/was Tom "Mix" Farese.
Posted By: JCB1977

Re: How long has the snake got left - 10/19/13 05:32 PM

FCI Morgantown, WV has always been known to be a "pretty easy" sentence. Lots of organized crime members and politicians have done their time there.
Posted By: TheChickenMan

Re: How long has the snake got left - 10/19/13 09:50 PM

http://boingboing.net/2012/10/23/former-inmates-description-o.html i think you guys would be interested in this. victor conte, the guy who ran BALCO which had the whole steroid ordeal with barry bonds and mark mcgwire and all them discusses his time at a minimum security jail in california, and it was a federal lock up i think.. i havent read the article in a while... what i do remember about it was that he said he almost would rather be in there than on the outside, which is pretty crazy.
Posted By: TheChickenMan

Re: How long has the snake got left - 10/19/13 09:52 PM

"I looked over I saw the rec center. And I walked over to that and looked in and there were six pool tables, six foosball tables, six ping-pong tables."

sounds more like a freakin club than a prison... what a joke! i remember i made a thread about how much time would one do in jail for a million, id do 10 years there no problem, hell he said you can even leave and come back!! no fences.
Posted By: southend

Re: How long has the snake got left - 10/21/13 01:23 PM

a friend of mine is @ Butner medical, he eats ben&jerry's fuckin ice cream, before he was at USP Canaan, which he'll probably go back to I assume and the difference between the two he says is like different worlds
Posted By: SilentPartnerz

Re: How long has the snake got left - 10/23/13 06:16 PM

Danbury, Ct where Martha Stewart was at is called Camp Cupcake. Supposedly easy time.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET