Home

Good video about Tokyo Joe

Posted By: mulberry

Good video about Tokyo Joe - 10/06/13 02:23 AM

Ken Eto, the highest ranking Asian in the Outfit. There's some info from his family, associates, FBI agents, and testimony from Vince Solano. It seems like he was pretty powerful and the Outfit made a big mistake in trying to kill him. He seemed like a stand up guy and hard core gangster. He had a pretty nice life after WPP. The FBI gave him a nice payoff and he retired to Hawaii.

Ken Eto
Posted By: ChiTown

Re: Good video about Tokyo Joe - 10/07/13 08:19 PM

This was very interesting--great find Mulberry. Very interesting to hear former FBI Agents talk about bribes and the connection between the Outfit and Illinois Governor Ryan (who later went to prison on something unrelated.)

Vincent Solano is probably one of the more powerful mafiosi of his time (not just in Chicago either) who managed to stay so far under the radar that there are barely any pictures of him to be found. The footage of him testifying is phenomenal.
Posted By: funkster

Re: Good video about Tokyo Joe - 10/08/13 12:13 AM

Woah there's footage of Solano in this? Thanks will definitely check it out.
Posted By: HuronSocialAthletic

Re: Good video about Tokyo Joe - 10/08/13 12:33 AM

One of the better mob docs ever produced. The focus on the feds training regiment dragged a bit. Other than that, top notch.
Posted By: Ivan

Re: Good video about Tokyo Joe - 10/08/13 10:51 AM

Conner Yates got this from me, actually - I hunted it down on the Japanese version of Amazon, imported it so I could share it with all the mob buffs on the net who had trouble finding it, and then sent it to Yates, who put it on YouTube for me.

Are you grateful? lol
Posted By: jonnynonos

Re: Good video about Tokyo Joe - 10/08/13 02:17 PM

Been looking for this forever. Thanks. Can't wait to watch.
Posted By: SilentPartnerz

Re: Good video about Tokyo Joe - 10/08/13 02:23 PM

Thanks Ivan and Yates. Appreciated as always.
Posted By: Ivan

Re: Good video about Tokyo Joe - 10/09/13 04:24 AM

You know I haven't even got around to watching this one yet. I've got the DVD sitting right here on my desk, and I managed to have someone get it to YouTube, but I haven't actually sat through the whole thing yet. ohwell
Posted By: HuronSocialAthletic

Re: Good video about Tokyo Joe - 10/09/13 05:02 AM

Solano was an enigmatic guy. Had the city by the balls.
Posted By: jonnynonos

Re: Good video about Tokyo Joe - 01/12/14 09:08 PM

Cool doc. I found the background information on him and why he became a gangster pretty interesting--seems like he came by it naturally. His background was pretty rough.

The building he lived in on Deleware is still there though it looks pretty run down these days.

It's no wonder the two guys who botched the hit got killed themselves. After that Eto sang like a bird and put everyone away.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET