Home

What mobster should......

Posted By: xs0u1x

What mobster should...... - 10/04/13 12:42 PM

get the movie treatment that hasnt had it already?

to the best of my knowledge I don't think gaspipe has gotten the movie treatment yet, I think he would be deserving of one.

Carlo gambino should have a movie made about him too.
Posted By: southend

Re: What mobster should...... - 10/04/13 02:05 PM

Tony Accardo
Posted By: JCB1977

Re: What mobster should...... - 10/04/13 02:34 PM

Joe Batters would be ideal...we actually agree on something Southend. Would love to see Santo Traficante, Russell Bufalino or Raymond Patriarca
Posted By: Philip_Lombardo

Re: What mobster should...... - 10/04/13 04:26 PM

Vincent Gigante, although the last part's of the film would be him pissing himself walking around in a dressing gown
Posted By: bigboy

Re: What mobster should...... - 10/04/13 09:04 PM

The Gemini crew for sure
Posted By: JoeP

Re: What mobster should...... - 10/04/13 09:30 PM

A Movie should be made based on Murder Machine for sure.
Posted By: Tony_Pro

Re: What mobster should...... - 10/04/13 10:55 PM

Ditto on the Demeo crew. Also Crazy Joe Gallo (though there was an Italian film made about him in the '70s) and Greg Scarpa Sr.

Even though The Departed was based on him, I'm surprised no one has made a film strictly about Bulger.
Posted By: Dellacroce

Re: What mobster should...... - 10/04/13 11:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Tony_Pro
Ditto on the Demeo crew. Also Crazy Joe Gallo (though there was an Italian film made about him in the '70s) and Greg Scarpa Sr.

Even though The Departed was based on him, I'm surprised no one has made a film strictly about Bulger.

The gallo movie was called "the gang that couldn't shoot straight". The guy that played the character that was based on Gallo was jerry orbach(from law and order) and the movie also had a young deniro, one of his first films.
Posted By: Scalish

Re: What mobster should...... - 10/05/13 01:21 AM

There was another movie about him called crazy Joe (1974).

Peter Boyle the father from everybody loves Ray played Joe.

It was a little more serious then the other one.
Posted By: xs0u1x

Re: What mobster should...... - 10/07/13 12:57 PM

Originally Posted By: bigboy
The Gemini crew for sure

agreed!
Posted By: southend

Re: What mobster should...... - 10/07/13 01:36 PM

I'd like to see a movie about the 116th crew. With the right director/writers/producer this would make for an awesome movie provided it'd have the right actors playing the right roles. I already know you all agree with me on this one...
Posted By: JoeP

Re: What mobster should...... - 10/07/13 01:42 PM

Ben Affleck & Matt damon are making a movie about Whitey..DAmon is to play Whitey, guy from Boardwalk Empire is writing the script.
There is another called Black Mass being made about Bulger, Johnny Depp was going to play Whitey but recently backed out.
Posted By: Revis_Knicks

Re: What mobster should...... - 10/26/13 07:04 PM

Bath ave crew. I'd love to see a movie about them. Among others as well.
Posted By: paddy78

Re: What mobster should...... - 10/26/13 09:08 PM

THERES ALSO AN OLD MOVIE LOOSELY BASED ON WHITEYS CREW IN THE 70'S, at the time he wasnt on top it might be about the boston irish gang wars, peter boyle is in it too, from everyone loves raymond, youll have to google the name of it for more info
Posted By: paddy78

Re: What mobster should...... - 10/26/13 09:09 PM

The friends of eddie coyle i did it!
Posted By: Extortion

Re: What mobster should...... - 10/27/13 03:13 AM

Gemini crew
Vincent Teresa
Casso
Carnine Galante?
Colombo war w orena?
Posted By: Extortion

Re: What mobster should...... - 10/27/13 03:15 AM

End of bruno into scarfo era
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: What mobster should...... - 10/27/13 04:39 AM

Michael Shannon to Play Gigante.

DeNiro as Salerno.
Posted By: mulberry

Re: What mobster should...... - 10/27/13 04:56 AM

Deniro would have to lose a few inches and add a hundred pounds to play fat tony
Posted By: GaryH

Re: What mobster should...... - 10/27/13 10:55 AM

Demeo
Posted By: Lou_Para

Re: What mobster should...... - 10/27/13 02:14 PM

Gambino would be a great subject for a well researched biopic. He is the gold standard as far as Mafia Bosses go,and he was part of much of the early history of the modern day Mob.In addition to building the Gambino Family into a major powerhouse,he had a lot of involvement in the intrigue and politics of some of the other Families. He was a cunning,ruthless, backstabbing,greedy,criminal genius.In his prime,he was arguably the most powerful individual Mafiosi in history.
Just please don't give us Frank Vincent with a prosthetic nose.
Posted By: cookcounty

Re: What mobster should...... - 10/27/13 02:14 PM

paul ricca, jeff fort, or larry hoover
Posted By: F_white

Re: What mobster should...... - 10/27/13 09:06 PM

Stefano Magaddino
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: What mobster should...... - 10/28/13 12:10 AM

Originally Posted By: Lou_Para
Gambino would be a great subject for a well researched biopic. He is the gold standard as far as Mafia Bosses go,and he was part of much of the early history of the modern day Mob.In addition to building the Gambino Family into a major powerhouse,he had a lot of involvement in the intrigue and politics of some of the other Families. He was a cunning,ruthless, backstabbing,greedy,criminal genius.In his prime,he was arguably the most powerful individual Mafiosi in history.

There was a guy that played in The Maverick with Mel Gibson that would be a good Gambino. I never got his name though and it's been a while since I seen him, he might not even favor him anymore.
Posted By: LittleMan

Re: What mobster should...... - 10/28/13 12:11 AM

I believe that a bio about Carlo would be great. But there may not be enough info about him to make an exciting movie. At that point, we'll get directors/screen writers putting complete BS into the script, similar to what we got with The Iceman and Gangster Squad.

My choice is Frank Costello. His life would include stories with Lucky, Vito, Lansky, Copacabana, La Guardia, Carlos Marcello/Huey Long; his hand ballet at the Kefauver hearings, his involvement with setting up Vito Genovese with a fake drug bust, getting shot by the Chin, his nearly unsurpassed skill with bribing politicians and cops, appointing judges, his lavish lifestyle, final years in comfortable retirement, his mausoleum getting blown up by Galante, etc...
Posted By: Revis_Knicks

Re: What mobster should...... - 11/02/13 02:01 AM

Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
Michael Shannon to Play Gigante.

DeNiro as Salerno.

Wait is this official or are you just saying this as your fantasy? Because I love Michael Shannon. De Niro too. Idk how much I would like him as Salerno because I don't think he's fat enough to be honest lol. It's one if those performances where he can either just be average as fat tony or he will be oscar worthy.
Posted By: FrankMazola

Re: What mobster should...... - 11/02/13 05:02 PM

Originally Posted By: dixiemafia

There was a guy that played in The Maverick with Mel Gibson that would be a good Gambino. I never got his name though and it's been a while since I seen him, he might not even favor him anymore.

"That guy" is James Garner.
Posted By: Giancarlo

Re: What mobster should...... - 11/02/13 05:06 PM

Originally Posted By: FrankMazola
Originally Posted By: dixiemafia

"That guy" is James Garner.

aka Jim Rockford. cool Good show.
Posted By: PP

Re: What mobster should...... - 11/02/13 05:36 PM

Mad Sam - Michael Shannon

Joey Lombardo - ????
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET