Home

Venero Mangano

Posted By: Caramela77

Venero Mangano - 10/01/13 07:20 AM

Does anyone know the actual birthplace of Venero benny eggs Mangano?
Posted By: southend

Re: Venero Mangano - 10/01/13 11:41 AM

Brooklyn probably I know he got the nickname because of his mother's old egg store or something...maybe Harlem even
Posted By: Snakes

Re: Venero Mangano - 10/01/13 01:48 PM

Pretty sure he is from Manhattan.
Posted By: AntonioRotolo

Re: Venero Mangano - 10/03/13 11:13 PM

Yeah Bronx Harlem area
Posted By: Feech_La_Manna85

Re: Venero Mangano - 10/03/13 11:40 PM

What kinda roll, if any do you think he plays in family business??
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: Venero Mangano - 10/04/13 08:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Caramela77
Does anyone know the actual birthplace of Venero benny eggs Mangano?

I don´t know where he was born, but his base was in Lower Manhattan. His social club was located at 101 Thompson street, just a few blocks south of Gigante´s club. I believe that´s in the SoHo section. He was probably born and raised on Thompson street, once a thriving Neopolitan community.
Posted By: Dellacroce

Re: Venero Mangano - 10/04/13 09:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Feech_La_Manna85

i might be wrong, but i think he still holds the offcial position of underboss, but most likely hes retired. maybe he gets consulted with for certain things.
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: Venero Mangano - 10/06/13 03:02 AM

Who's got more pull? Bellemo or Danny Leo?

Current Genovese panel? Rotating Cirillo, Bellamo, Leo, Mangano, Dentico, Muscarella?
Am I missing anyone?
Posted By: Skinny

Re: Venero Mangano - 10/06/13 04:10 AM

^ Barney.

Very similar guys when u think about it, but barney was in the same spot twenty yrs before leo was as well

Re: Venero Mangano - 10/06/13 06:46 PM

Good point.

Thx Skin.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Venero Mangano - 10/06/13 07:19 PM

Benny is closing in on a hundred. He's almost fully blind, and the truth is, his faculties aren't all there any more. There's no act or conspiracy to make the feds think that he's incompetent when he's not. The guy is retired.

Listen to me, don't listen to me. What do I care? lol
Posted By: TheIsland

Re: Venero Mangano - 10/06/13 07:50 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Benny is closing in on a hundred. He's almost fully blind, and the truth is, his faculties aren't all there any more. There's no act or conspiracy to make the feds think that he's incompetent when he's not. The guy is retired.

Listen to me, don't listen to me. What do I care? lol

Have you ever seen the guy in real life?
Posted By: Camarel

Re: Venero Mangano - 10/06/13 08:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Dellacroce
Originally Posted By: Feech_La_Manna85

i might be wrong, but i think he still holds the offcial position of underboss, but most likely hes retired. maybe he gets consulted with for certain things.

I've always thought that the FBI just keep people in their last identified position, until it's either been confirmed that they've been replaced or that they died. It's possible that the Genovese may never have an official boss,ub or consig again, or maybe they have all 3 currently and it's just not known yet. It's not as if any of these positions are that attractive nowadays even compared to the 90's, that's why i was surprised when Crea and Cefalu were identified as bosses.
Posted By: Caramela77

Re: Venero Mangano - 10/07/13 06:20 AM

Is it me or it's just not that important where he was born? It's funny all the articles and even a wiki bio written on him but no one knows if he was born in Italy or the US. Just wondering how this is overlooked when people write about him.
Posted By: Camarel

Re: Venero Mangano - 10/07/13 11:43 AM

Originally Posted By: Caramela77
Is it me or it's just not that important where he was born? It's funny all the articles and even a wiki bio written on him but no one knows if he was born in Italy or the US. Just wondering how this is overlooked when people write about him.

I think Mangano was born in the US, i'm not certain of course because i've never read where he's born, but i've also never heard anything that indicates he was born in Italy. No it doesn't really matter, since he became underboss in the 80's and was born in the 20's, he must've been in NY from the 50's/40/s at least if he wasn't born there.

Re: Venero Mangano - 10/07/13 05:13 PM

I'd agree 80% with you PB.

It just always nags with yours a little when it comes to these Westside guys. You can never really be 1000% certain till they fall of their chairs.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET