Home

Help with this picture appreciated

Posted By: LCN1987

Help with this picture appreciated - 09/26/13 01:15 PM

I guess some of you have seen these pictures of Carmine Galante from the documentary on The Bonannos on NatGeo.

Starts at 08.06.

Now over to the question. Does anyone know where this footage is from? Seems like that dude talking to Galante is a cop? Imagine having that whole footage in full audio with Galante speaking as he is clearly seen doing in the video. That would trump the Casso interview by a mile! NatGeo always get the best footage.

Re: Help with this picture appreciated - 09/27/13 01:25 PM

Any input would be appreciated. Doesn't matter if you don't know where this footage is from. Maybe it's possible to acquire it like the Casso interview was acquired through CBS. Sourcing it is the real challenge.
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: Help with this picture appreciated - 09/27/13 05:39 PM

It might help to slow-mo the credit at the end of the show if you can find them. That might help.
Posted By: Tony_Pro

Re: Help with this picture appreciated - 09/27/13 10:19 PM

Galante was on parole from 1974-1978 when it was revoked for consorting with known felons, the revocation was overturned by a judge in February of '79, he was killed later that July. Perhaps it's from the time his case was under appeal, that's why he's standing a cop? Maybe the guy is a lawyer?

Galante would have been 65 to 69 years-old in that time period, he looks that age here.
Posted By: Giancarlo

Re: Help with this picture appreciated - 09/27/13 11:14 PM

Originally Posted By: dixiemafia
It might help to slow-mo the credit at the end of the show if you can find them. That might help.

Here are the image/video credits at the end. They don't specifically say where each video came from but i
would start with a search on the ABC News Video Source site. http://www.abcnewsvsource.com

Re: Help with this picture appreciated - 09/28/13 02:07 PM

Thanks for the replies guys! Much appreciated smile Couldn't find anything from your link Giancarlo but there is one 8 minute video there outside joe and mary's restaurant.

I think getting footage on Galante is interesting because there isn't much footage of him and he's certainly an interesting mob figure.
Posted By: viper

Re: Help with this picture appreciated - 09/28/13 03:18 PM

it looks like his lawyer Roy Cohen

Re: Help with this picture appreciated - 09/28/13 03:33 PM

Originally Posted By: viper
it looks like his lawyer Roy Cohen

I think your right. I see something on the NBC Archive site about a grand jury where Galante refused to testify. His lawyer was Roy Cohen.

http://www.nbcuniversalarchives.com/nbcuni/clip/5112502408_s05.do

No preview of the clip though...looks like you have to pay to see it.
Posted By: Snakes

Re: Help with this picture appreciated - 09/28/13 03:37 PM

That is Roy Cohn. Good pick up.

Re: Help with this picture appreciated - 09/28/13 03:53 PM

I think that NBC clip i posted the link to is mostly Roy Cohen. It says sketches of Galante and a still of him.

Oh well.

Long Description:

CARMINE GALANTE REFUSES TO ANSWER FEDERAL GRAND JURY QUESTIONS ABOUT ORGANIZED CRIME
SKETCHES DEPICT CRIME BOSS CARMINE GALANTE REFUSING TO ANSWER GRAND JURY QUESTIONS. GALANTE LAWYER ROY COHN CALLS HEARINGS A PUBLICITY STUNT; INSISTS GOVERNMENT HAS NOTHING ON HIS CLIENT. STILL OF GALANTE INCLUDED.

Re: Help with this picture appreciated - 09/28/13 04:21 PM

We're getting closer, though. Good investigative work from all of you. I managed to find the John Gotti bail hearing, all 30 minutes of it on abc. Interesting stuff, and Cutler makes an excellent point when he says that Gotti poses no risk of flight as he is under surveilance, every day, night and day lol. lol
Posted By: EddieLeeway

Re: Help with this picture appreciated - 10/02/13 12:08 AM

It is Roy Cohn....I had to take a second look myself

I never saw this documentary so I'm putting it on my to-do list
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET