Home

Hogan Family Chicago/Outfit Connections

Posted By: SEAN_SOUTH

Hogan Family Chicago/Outfit Connections - 08/16/13 06:21 PM

William Hogan, Jr. Hogan and his family controlled Teamster's Local 714. In fact the Hogan dynasty had control of this union since the great depression and faced a constant barrage of alleged ties to organized crime, corruption in the movie industry and ties to businesses owned by the Outfit.

How influential were the Hogans? yeah they probly abused their power but and they simply big cos the Irish held political control of Chicago for so long or did they have more than a semi-legit connection to organized crime in the city.

Give us what you got Chicago seems the Hogans had a pretty good run.

http://www.ipsn.org/movies.php
Posted By: ChicagoGalewood

Re: Hogan Family Chicago/Outfit Connections - 08/16/13 06:34 PM

Hogans were very BIG! my brother is very close to Billy. I use to work down there in high school and a little but after. my sibling is still down there working, he is with one of the exhibit companies. he started in 1980 in Rosemont then went down there about 4 years later after a falling out with Nick Bosc.
Posted By: SEAN_SOUTH

Re: Hogan Family Chicago/Outfit Connections - 08/16/13 06:41 PM

Talk about quick out the block lol . Weren't expecting someone who knew them well to post back soquick. Great info Galewood.

Re: Hogan Family Chicago/Outfit Connections - 08/16/13 06:48 PM

first time ever commenting....just have been watching..have had to bite my tongue some LOL. yeah, they controlled it all. I remember leaving class ( JR/SR ) year to work down there..when UPS went on strike in mid 90's I was paid to check in all the packages for the shows. was making over 20 an hour, at 17. good stuff

Hogan, Nalan, forgot some of other high up guys that my bro is really close to. I will remember at some point
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Hogan Family Chicago/Outfit Connections - 08/16/13 06:50 PM

The Hogans were mentioned a few places in the 2002 The Teamsters: Perception and Reality report.

After William was given the boot, Local 714 was put under trusteeship in 2008 due to Robert and James maintaining contact with barred individuals, maintaining least 5 "sham" contracts involving non-union workers, nepotism.

Re: Hogan Family Chicago/Outfit Connections - 08/16/13 06:56 PM

Carey took it over and he was also ousted because he was a crook as well. Carey took over after Hogan I believe. it has been a while and I do not have the time to look it up.BUT, Carey was found to been a crook in his own right and then it went into trusteeship....I could be wrong.

Re: Hogan Family Chicago/Outfit Connections - 08/16/13 07:02 PM

I will be talking to my brother later this evening. I will get some info from him. Ivy, in that report from 2002, my brother is in there. obviously, I cannot tell you who he is, but I am sure I can get some good stories/info
Posted By: 12thStreet

Re: Hogan Family Chicago/Outfit Connections - 08/16/13 08:16 PM

That's the local that was on Roosevelt and Oak Park in Berwyn, correct ?

Re: Hogan Family Chicago/Outfit Connections - 08/17/13 06:40 AM

SR held the top spot for 40 years...then JR took over....Billy Hogan Jr was Sec of treasure,Hardy was Steward until he had to step down....they were all connected, Nallon, Hardy. Hell, Dale Torri, who was a SGT or LT in Rosemont, had a cleaning business down there, which was under his wifes maiden name......Hogan made the calls, but he was the puppet for many possible people, Solano, Potatoes, I am not sure where Nick Bosc feel into the mix, but he was involved.

Re: Hogan Family Chicago/Outfit Connections - 08/17/13 06:47 AM

Dale's wife was either a Hogan or Nallon......i think. he was connected through marriage...Dale, when i knew him was a great guy, he was on the force with one of my other brothers
Posted By: TonyG

Re: Hogan Family Chicago/Outfit Connections - 08/18/13 04:18 AM

My Mom is a Hogan, and those guys are her cousins. The old man was tight with Murray Humphries. I don't know who they worked with after the Hump died.

My Mom is also related to Edward J. "Jellyroll" Hogan, who was a bootlegger and corrupt politician in St Louis in the first half of the 1900's. He was also involved in bottler's union.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET