Home

Question about Capeci, Anastasia, etc.

Posted By: ovation32

Question about Capeci, Anastasia, etc. - 08/12/13 03:03 PM

I understand that these guys are and have always been heavily respected by people who follow LCN news and perhaps by a number of underworld figures themselves.

My question is why they don't ever seem to fear for their own lives. Reporting a news story about an arrest or an indictment is one thing. But reporting about who the Underboss is (and the like) is another. I'm not talking about situations where the Feds have already provided this information. But in situations where Capecia/Anastasia report info they have gathered through their own connections and word of mouth, why don't any people hit them?

Basically, what is the dynamic at work there?
Posted By: bobbytran

Re: Question about Capeci, Anastasia, etc. - 08/12/13 03:06 PM

John Stanfa wanted to have Anastsia killed, but he was talked out of it. The reasoning is that this is different than sicily, their would be alot more heat if you killed a news reporter.
Posted By: Caemine718

Re: Question about Capeci, Anastasia, etc. - 08/12/13 03:21 PM

Originally Posted By: bobbytran
John Stanfa wanted to have Anastsia killed, but he was talked out of it. The reasoning is that this is different than sicily, their would be alot more heat if you killed a news reporter.

Well both of these reporters have contacts on both sides. Mobsters know these guys play both sides and get info from law enforcement. I'm sure there cautious when going to meet any OC Figure and make sure someone is watching there back.
Posted By: Iceman999

Re: Question about Capeci, Anastasia, etc. - 08/12/13 07:11 PM

Originally Posted By: bobbytran

I guess Anastasia was lucky he didn't run afoul of Galante then. wink
Posted By: LittleMan

Re: Question about Capeci, Anastasia, etc. - 08/12/13 08:07 PM

On the other hand, maybe some guys want to see their names reported as rising up in the family. The articles could feed their egos and legitimize them in the underworld. Gotti probably loved when the press announced him as the new boss and being on the cover of Time.

I know it's just television, but remember the episode from The Sopranos, when Chris Moltisanti was upset that the news coverage didn't include him as a gangster? His dream was to be publicly acknowledged as being with the mob. He felt so slighted that he flipped out in the bakery when the worker didn't treat him as someone special.
Posted By: Ted

Re: Question about Capeci, Anastasia, etc. - 08/13/13 12:37 AM

There's nothing the Mafia can do. They face so much heat from gangland murders. If they kill a civilian, law enforcement will be ruthless in investigating them.
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Question about Capeci, Anastasia, etc. - 08/13/13 03:36 AM

There's been journalists covering the mob for decades. I think the mob realizes they, like the cops who investigate them, are just doing their job.
Posted By: Louiebynochi

Re: Question about Capeci, Anastasia, etc. - 08/13/13 05:30 AM

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
There's been journalists covering the mob for decades. I think the mob realizes they, like the cops who investigate them, are just doing their job.

Carneglia wanted to get capeci and was stopped by junior gotti
Stanfa ordered battalglia to throw a grenade through Anastasia's window
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Question about Capeci, Anastasia, etc. - 08/13/13 05:43 AM

Originally Posted By: Louiebynochi

True but these examples are obviously the exception to the rule.
Posted By: SonnyL

Re: Question about Capeci, Anastasia, etc. - 08/13/13 09:23 AM

Originally Posted By: Louiebynochi
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

Besides wanting to hit Anastasia I think Stanfa wanted to kill another reporter too he wanted his guys to ride by on a motorcycle and shoot him and I think it was horsehead who said something like this isn't Sicily you can't do that in America or at least he claims that happened
Posted By: azguy

Re: Question about Capeci, Anastasia, etc. - 08/13/13 02:26 PM

Capeci is great !!
Posted By: ninogaggi

Re: Question about Capeci, Anastasia, etc. - 08/13/13 07:12 PM

the carneglia bros look like some mean dudes
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET