Home

Bowat Baratta still active?

Posted By: mulberry

Bowat Baratta still active? - 08/08/13 02:56 AM

He was heavily involved in the babania and did around 20 years. Just got released last year. I would imagine that most of the people from his crew in the early 1990's are dead or doing life.
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: Bowat Baratta still active? - 08/08/13 03:16 AM

Great question.

Keen to know as well. Anyone have any info on his current status?
Posted By: Skinny

Re: Bowat Baratta still active? - 08/08/13 03:26 AM

Very
Posted By: ovation32

Re: Bowat Baratta still active? - 10/07/13 09:59 PM

As in "Very" active? And how about Lastorino and Avellino?
Posted By: Louiebynochi

Re: Bowat Baratta still active? - 10/07/13 10:35 PM

Originally Posted By: mulberry
He was heavily involved in the babania and did around 20 years. Just got released last year. I would imagine that most of the people from his crew in the early 1990's are dead or doing life.

Both baratta and lastorino are in the administration of the family
Posted By: ovation32

Re: Bowat Baratta still active? - 10/07/13 10:39 PM

Currently? That is obvioiusly shocking for an array of reasons. Who has which position?
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: Bowat Baratta still active? - 10/08/13 11:14 AM

Can't see Crea putting Lastorino in the administration.

Boss-Steven Crea

Underboss-Dominic Truscello

Consigliere- Joseph Caridi
Posted By: AntonioRotolo

Re: Bowat Baratta still active? - 10/10/13 04:41 PM

Bowat Baratta was talked about quite a bit in D'Arco's new book. He says how he was a big time heroin dealer, he ate in all the best restaurants, and how D'Arco, Crea, and Daidone were planning to kill Bowat and Casso. D'Arco definitely has it out for Bowat and he incessantly during the book goes out of his way to insult him. Bowat's favorite restaurant apparently is Sandro's on the Upper East Side....I've never ate there.
Funny how things turn around because later on it would be Lastorino, Zappola, and Conte who wanted to kill Crea.
Bowat also had a big amount of sit downs with Crea about a table at Rao's while they all were in prison.....pretty ridiculous.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Bowat Baratta still active? - 10/10/13 04:55 PM

Originally Posted By: AntonioRotolo
Bowat also had a big amount of sit downs with Crea about a table at Rao's while they all were in prison.....pretty ridiculous.

Absurd is more like it. Greg DePalma actually wanted to KILL Nicky LaSorsa---a guy he knew for half his life---in a similar beef rolleyes.

And I've posted this before, but I've eaten at Rao's twice in my life, and the food ain't all that special. It's the same family style, NY Italian that you'll find in Bamonte's in Williamsburg or Dominick's in the Bronx or Don Pepe's in Queens. The food in those places is just as good without any of the phony pretension and celebrity bullshit. True story smile.

Re: Bowat Baratta still active? - 10/10/13 07:00 PM

George Zappola and George Conte both get out next year followed by Frank Papagni in 2015.

Coupled with Bowat and Lastorino I wonder if these changes will affect the landscape at all.

Should make for interesting viewing.
Posted By: GerryLang

Re: Bowat Baratta still active? - 10/11/13 07:42 PM

Originally Posted By: AntonioRotolo
Bowat Baratta was talked about quite a bit in D'Arco's new book. He says how he was a big time heroin dealer, he ate in all the best restaurants, and how D'Arco, Crea, and Daidone were planning to kill Bowat and Casso. D'Arco definitely has it out for Bowat and he incessantly during the book goes out of his way to insult him. Bowat's favorite restaurant apparently is Sandro's on the Upper East Side....I've never ate there.
Funny how things turn around because later on it would be Lastorino, Zappola, and Conte who wanted to kill Crea.

Baratta has heroin related arrest going back something like 50 years, he's one of them guys very lucky to not be in prison for life. I think he was evev caught in prison setting up heroin deals. I've never heard of him doing hits for casso and amuso though.
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Bowat Baratta still active? - 06/12/14 12:25 PM

Baratta was instrumental in setting up and planning the hit on Kubecka and Barstow.

What kind of stuff does D'Arco say about Baratta in his book?

Was D'Arco Daidone's Capo back in the day?
Posted By: Serpiente

Re: Bowat Baratta still active? - 09/01/14 10:04 AM

Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
George Zappola and George Conte both get out next year followed by Frank Papagni in 2015.

Coupled with Bowat and Lastorino I wonder if these changes will affect the landscape at all.

Should make for interesting viewing.

Were all these guys skippers in Brooklyn ?

Also is this the crew that is supposed to change the landscape in the Lucchese family.
And if so i am sure that they have been in contact with Amuso through many that plot behind Crea's back.
I am sure that most are happy with all being quiet, and making money,there are always the guys in this life that love the turmoil.

Does anyone have any inside word from BK ,It has to be the the talk at the local Ginmill.....
Posted By: domwoods74

Re: Bowat Baratta still active? - 09/01/14 12:30 PM

I can't see crea choosing anyone from the Brooklyn faction as his underboss especially wen they were convicted of plotting to kill him , my bet is there counting there lucky stars there not dead and they haven't been shelved

Re: Bowat Baratta still active? - 09/01/14 12:35 PM

Originally Posted By: domwoods74
I can't see crea choosing anyone from the Brooklyn faction as his underboss especially wen they were convicted of plotting to kill him , my bet is there counting there lucky stars there not dead and they haven't been shelved

By the same token, Amuso overlooked Crea conspiring to kill him - probably because Crea is so enterprising.

Re: Bowat Baratta still active? - 09/01/14 01:03 PM

Yeah, we're still waiting for Brooklyn to make their play, aren't we? I mean, a few of them have been home awhile now. I'll bet they're gonna wait twenty years to make their move. Sicilian style! lol

Never fucking happen.

Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
By the same token, Amuso overlooked Crea conspiring to kill him - probably because Crea is so enterprising.

What else could Amuso do but overlook it? Unless you're buying into that Capeci article from last month. And I'm not judging you if you are. That's your right. But I stand by my own opinion that the only thing Vic is ordering from prison is Snickers bars from his commissary account.
Posted By: alexandarns

Re: Bowat Baratta still active? - 09/01/14 01:18 PM

I agree pb,i think he calls no shots what so ever.the genoveses are making good money with crea and thats what matters.I saw somebody changed wikipedia page about the lucchese's.it says that crea is street boss to amuso.i mean come on,who can belive that.Maybe dom cefalu is just a street boss for junio gotti,why not smile smile wink

Re: Bowat Baratta still active? - 09/01/14 01:28 PM

Originally Posted By: alexandarns
I agree pb

I'll sleep better tonight knowing that, Alex tongue grin.

Re: Bowat Baratta still active? - 09/01/14 01:33 PM

If sarcasm was a reason to get whacked PB , you would be the first one to be found in the trunk of a car lol whistle

Re: Bowat Baratta still active? - 09/01/14 01:35 PM

If sarcasm was a reason to get whacked PB , you would be the first one to be found in the trunk of a car lol whistle

But I'm lovable. Like Don Rickles whistle.
Posted By: alexandarns

Re: Bowat Baratta still active? - 09/01/14 01:36 PM

Why?you don't sleep as good when i don't agree with you. I agree with you all the time pb ,you know that pb wink wink grin
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: Bowat Baratta still active? - 09/01/14 01:38 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

But I'm lovable. Like Don Rickles whistle.

Don Rickles.... the name kinda escapes me right now. Wasn´t he the head of the LA Mafia?

Re: Bowat Baratta still active? - 09/01/14 01:42 PM

No hairy , he is the current underboss of the outfit

Re: Bowat Baratta still active? - 09/01/14 01:43 PM

Ok getting the thread back on track from the above childishness:

Word on the street is it was Cefalu who stabbed Junior outside the 7/11.
The greaseball was holding back his full kick and Don Steroid abuse wasn't happy.
Sneaking Sicilian had a butter knife in his cane.

Amuso's holding the sit down in the shoe...
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: Bowat Baratta still active? - 09/01/14 02:03 PM

No hairy , he is the current underboss of the outfit

lol

Re: Bowat Baratta still active? - 09/01/14 02:29 PM

I think i am getting this. All but one is out .

The rest were told to "sit" and they are doing what they were told...

They are not shelved ,and are still in the family, making money.

Man it must be a be rough knowing that at any min one or some of these guys could make a move and bring that family right back to 1990 .
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Bowat Baratta still active? - 09/01/14 02:35 PM

Crea is not demanding much from Brooklyn. I think his thinking live and let live at the moment. Lot of these guys remembers what happened in the 80's and 90's and do not want a repeat of it, which would weaken the families if that started up again. I believe Baratta is still active but only as a soldier. We won't know unless someone flips who knows what is going on in the Lucchese crime family.

Re: Bowat Baratta still active? - 09/01/14 02:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari
Crea is not demanding much from Brooklyn. I think his thinking live and let live at the moment. Lot of these guys remembers what happened in the 80's and 90's and do not want a repeat of it, which would weaken the families if that started up again.

That's true enough, but it's not just that. Brooklyn just doesn't have the horses. Period. Stevie has the complete support of the Westside because of their construction partnerships and all the money they whacked up through 282. Everyone from QD to Louie D to Barney himself loves the guy. That can not be understated.

Re: Bowat Baratta still active? - 09/01/14 02:48 PM

Giacomo - PB : Clear, many thanks
Posted By: Sal_Bronte

Re: Bowat Baratta still active? - 09/01/14 09:58 PM

how are we so sure Amuso likes Snickers? he always struck me as more of an M&M's guy.........

that'd make for a great thread subject lol

"what are mobsters favorite snacks?"

Re: Bowat Baratta still active? - 09/01/14 10:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Sal_Bronte

Please, don't give some of these kids any ideas lol.
Posted By: Red_63

Re: Bowat Baratta still active? - 09/01/14 10:15 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: Sal_Bronte

Please, don't give some of these kids any ideas lol.

"Ahh Do Mobsters Coach little league team" Apparently they did when I was a young kid "

Re: Bowat Baratta still active? - 09/09/14 03:52 PM

Who was the Bonanno capo that Bowat had a beef with over Long Island topless bars in the 80's?

Re: Bowat Baratta still active? - 10/02/14 07:53 PM

http://www.leagle.com/decision/1968612397F2d215_1559.xml/UNITED%20STATES%20v.%20BARATTA

http://leagle.com/decision/1973872360FSupp512_1775.xml/UNITED%20STATES%20v.%20BARATTA

I take it this is Bowat's father?

Re: Bowat Baratta still active? - 10/02/14 07:55 PM

Yup.
Posted By: SC

Re: Bowat Baratta still active? - 10/02/14 08:00 PM

Posted By: DB

Re: Bowat Baratta still active? - 10/02/14 09:18 PM

Surprised this wasn't posted but as PB said if anyone touches Crea they are dead

Some of these guys must be really killing it with the recent real estate boom in NYC and Hoboken / JC area , and both families still have a very big presence in NJ garbage / recycling / transportation .

http://bitterqueen.typepad.com/friends_o...ed-mobster.html

http://nypost.com/2014/09/23/man-killed-by-falling-concrete/
Posted By: njcapo35

Re: Bowat Baratta still active? - 10/02/14 09:23 PM

Originally Posted By: DB
and both families still have a very big presence in NJ garbage / recycling / transportation

I agree with you there...The feds have been trying to break that stranglehold for years now, since the 60's.

Re: Bowat Baratta still active? - 10/02/14 09:25 PM

Terrible way to go. Hopefully the poor guy didn't feel a thing.

Slightly off topic, the Cavas are all from Harlem. There were a bunch of them in the funeral business.

Re: Bowat Baratta still active? - 10/02/14 09:45 PM

As many have been saying here , they have evolved and figured out no murders means no headlines and no heat . Sure some beating and talk of violence by some scary dudes but not much more than that . If you stuff a guy , they just black ball you and you lose access to credit .

You got the blue collar with gambling , loans , extortion and maybe some titty bars and restaurants and the white collar in construction , real estate and garbage. Much more business like I suppose and in all honesty Wall Street crimes by the big investment banks and hedge funds are doing more to F the average guy than CN these days and without the murders , I even think most Americans believe this . RICO really needs to be used vs the big financial service companies , I work on Wall Street and its pretty scary what this industry is allowed to get away with over and over again, but with their presence in govt and lobbyist it's sad to say the game will likely be rigged forever unless some smart prosecutor starts using RICO more frequently vs these big firms like they did with CN in the 80s, that's really the only hope . I had hoped the CFPB would change things but they are just to entrenched in govt and political donations .

I read something very interesting recently in that if TARP and other credit crisis give ways to financial institutions was given directly to the people , every family would receive $58,000.

Anyway after my pointless rant I'm sure Associates are whacked here and there but they don't get the headlines.

Re: Bowat Baratta still active? - 10/02/14 09:49 PM

Good little nugget of info PB . Anyway some of these guys are just very savy when it comes to construction , real estate and garbage , you might knock em down for a but but it's pretty hard to knock em out . Just look at that recycling company in Hudson county
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: Bowat Baratta still active? - 10/02/14 09:51 PM

Originally Posted By: DB
As many have been saying here , they have evolved and figured out no murders means no headlines and no heat . Sure some beating and talk of violence by some scary dudes but not much more than that . If you stuff a guy , they just black ball you and you lose access to credit .

You got the blue collar with gambling , loans , extortion and maybe some titty bars and restaurants and the white collar in construction , real estate and garbage. Much more business like I suppose and in all honesty Wall Street crimes by the big investment banks and hedge funds are doing more to F the average guy than CN these days and without the murders , I even think most Americans believe this . RICO really needs to be used vs the big financial service companies , I work on Wall Street and its pretty scary what this industry is allowed to get away with over and over again, but with their presence in govt and lobbyist it's sad to say the game will likely be rigged forever unless some smart prosecutor starts using RICO more frequently vs these big firms like they did with CN in the 80s, that's really the only hope . I had hoped the CFPB would change things but they are just to entrenched in govt and political donations .

I read something very interesting recently in that if TARP and other credit crisis give ways to financial institutions was given directly to the people , every family would receive $58,000.

Anyway after my pointless rant I'm sure Associates are whacked here and there but they don't get the headlines.

That's a good point, bet half the associates that get took out don't even get mentioned as LCN related.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET