Home

DiCarlo: Buffalo's first family of crime

Posted By: faffy444

DiCarlo: Buffalo's first family of crime - 07/31/13 10:24 PM

this is a great new book that's recently been released in 2 part's, and is now available on Amazon.com. Each part is $12.99. it's the best history of the Buffalo crime family to date. it's been written by Thomas P. Hunt, and Michael A. Tona. over 1000 pages in the 2 volumes. Some great pictures as well. It's well worth it !
Posted By: bigboy

Re: DiCarlo: Buffalo's first family of crime - 08/01/13 12:16 AM

I just read the first book. Didn't know there was a second. Had I not lived in Buffalo I probably would not have liked it so much. Read about a few of my old friends in there
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: DiCarlo: Buffalo's first family of crime - 08/01/13 05:31 PM

The book definitely looks interesting. Putting it on my "to do list".

http://buffalomob.com/

I "kinda" know Thomas Hunt. I know for sure that he is extremely picky when it comes to Mafia books. He loves to question things. So there is no doubt that he (and the co-author Mike Tona) did a thoroughly work on the research part and pushed the writing to perfection.
Posted By: Faithful1

Re: DiCarlo: Buffalo's first family of crime - 08/01/13 05:34 PM

I highly recommend it too.
Posted By: SharpieOne

Re: DiCarlo: Buffalo's first family of crime - 08/01/13 06:56 PM

What years does it cover?
Posted By: Camarel

Re: DiCarlo: Buffalo's first family of crime - 08/01/13 07:14 PM

Originally Posted By: SharpieOne

Volume 2 covers 1938 to 1984 according to it's amazon page http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E8GNXQK

I couldn't find an Amazon page for volume 1.
Posted By: Camarel

Re: DiCarlo: Buffalo's first family of crime - 08/01/13 07:16 PM

Originally Posted By: SharpieOne

Just looked over Hairys link that contains a chapter summary that says it covers 1906 to 1981.
Posted By: ScottD

Re: DiCarlo: Buffalo's first family of crime - 08/01/13 11:37 PM

I read the full manuscript covering both books. Easily one of the most in-depth and best mob bios out there.
Posted By: frankg2469

Re: DiCarlo: Buffalo's first family of crime - 12/01/13 06:34 AM

I'm definitely going to get both books soon.I was born and raised on the West Side of Buffalo and will surely enjoy reading them.Gangsters and Organized Crime in Buffalo(Rizzo)is decent,but doesn't focus solely on "The Arm",as we native Buffalonians call it.I did learn a few surprising things in it though----like reading about Pretty Boy Floyd hanging out in the apartment building that my father grew up in---and a few other previously unknown facts about my city.The only other book I have that gets into Cosa Nostra activities in Buffalo is Mob Nemesis by retired FBI agent Joe Griffin----it's so-so-.The Buffalo Police Department(of all things) actually has a decent,very detailed section on their website about the history of "The Arm" that I'd recommend to anyone interested in Buffalo Cosa Nostra history.
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: DiCarlo: Buffalo's first family of crime - 12/02/13 09:22 AM

Volume one is great. Thomas Hunt is known to be a picky prick when it comes to information, which is why he is one of the best investigators out there, cause he digs deep into the documents and reports. I recommend this book to anyone who is interested in the Buffalo crime family. I plan on getting volume 2 asap.
Posted By: frankg2469

Re: DiCarlo: Buffalo's first family of crime - 12/03/13 03:29 AM

I've heard the same about Hunt----I'm definitely gonna get both !!!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET