Home

Today's Outfit

Posted By: 12thStreet

Today's Outfit - 07/15/13 10:15 PM

Jimmy Inendino aka Jimmy I,...Thoughts? I think he is the most interesting and enigmatic character in today's Chicago Outfit. VERY low-profile. He came up on Taylor Street, was probably made into the 26th St Crew and has to be the #1 in the Cicero faction nowadays. Has done long stretches of time and is respected by everyone including Elmwood Park. I would love to be a fly on the wall during a private conversation between Jimmy I and Johnny DiFronzo discussing today's Outfit...
Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/15/13 10:44 PM

Him and Solly D are definitely the top guys in Cicero today.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/16/13 12:05 AM

Most definitely, Nicky...They have been for sometime regardless of what the FBI and the media said about Sarno in that bombing trial.
Posted By: Logomassini

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/16/13 12:08 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if Jimmy I is DiFronzos #2 guy and like you said he's probably on top of Cicero
Posted By: thebigfella

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/16/13 01:30 AM

So I guess jimmy I and solly d is the top 2 outfit bosses today, but can jimmy I make people if he wanted to? And who appointed them to thier positions johny or jimmy?

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/16/13 01:33 AM

I would say No Nose and The Builder are the only ones able to open the books. But maybe Jimmy I too, but I don't think so

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/16/13 02:06 AM

Here's the thing, either johny and his pals are retired or thier not, if thier retired how can they tell elmwood not to make anyone, when marcello was on the streets he had the power to make guys and I was wondering if jimmy I had the same power if he was chosen to take his place

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/16/13 02:26 AM

You might actually be right. With Jimmy I's current status and clout these days in the Outfit he may just have the power to make somebody. If he does, I'm sure he still has to get a yes vote from John and Andriarcchi.
Posted By: Chicago

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/16/13 04:43 AM

No, He does not need a vote from DiFronzo or Andriacchi to make anybody. DiFronzo and Andriacchi rereated from the Outfit's street rackets years ago.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/16/13 04:49 AM

The Big Fella, You've now got the right idea. DiFronzo and Andriacchi are retired from the street rackets. Jimmy I can make who he feels is worthy. Solly D is a high level Advisor.

DiFronzo doesn't care who they make as long as they don't involve him or his few high level guys that retreated with him several years ago.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/16/13 07:02 AM

So the powerbase is 26th st and cicero

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/16/13 07:14 AM

I would say it in this way:

Cicero is the Dominant Crew.
26th St. is partnered with Cicero.
Posted By: HuronSocialAthletic

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/16/13 07:58 AM

Chicago, I'd like you to break down Jimmy I's story for everyone. Where he began, where he ended up after he did his stint (13 years was it?), how he ended up in Cicero, street boss of the entire Outfit, and how people STILL don't know his name, despite all of this. He's still, even with where he's at right now, an unknown name to most casuals. How has he maintained such a low profile, managed to stay out of the headlines & public eye (minus the hired truck & Loren Maltese fiascos), & risen to the top so quietly. Did he take advantage of all the heat Jimmy Light was getting, and use it to quietly get the street rackets back on track? Why does Elmwood still take all of the heat for him & Cicero in the press?

Definitely the most fascinating Outfit figure of modern times. Interested to hear your take & what you know about the man himself.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/16/13 08:01 AM

Also, break down the Melrose Park situation: a lot of people drop the "Melrose Park crew" as if it's one of the crews. Was there ever a Melrose park crew & what does it Melrose park mean today?
Posted By: TheKillingJoke

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/16/13 08:40 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82kHZwONXGU

From 6:50 you can hear Jimmy I make a threatening phone call to a victim of loansharking. Pretty brutal.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/16/13 08:44 AM

Years ago, Melrose Park and most of the West Suburbs were controlled by the Taylor St Crew.
The Capo within the extended Taylor St Crew that handled the West Suburbs was Sam Battaglia.
Battaglia was headquartered in Melrose Park. He would hold Court there with delinquent juice victims and show them the errors in their ways of not paying their juice loans on time.
This is where it started.
Over the last 25 years, Melrose Park Street rackets have been controlled by the Cicero Crew.
Sometimes they have been referred to as the Cicero/Melrose Park Crew. It's the same thing.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/16/13 08:58 AM

So I take it you're not willing to talk about JI? Not a big deal, by the way

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/16/13 08:58 AM

The Outfit generally rewards loyalty.

Jimmy I & Solly D. are very capable Outfit men who have done a lot of time in prison and remained loyal.

Jimmy Inendino, Solly DeLaurentis, Sal Cataudella and Frank Caruso (26th St.) are your 4 top men in the Dominent (Cicero) and Sub Dominent (26Th St) Crews in the Outfit. They are the Southern Groups.

There has been a lot of attrition based upon prison.
Jimmy Marcello would have been the Top Boss in the Outfit, but he is never coming back.

Elmwood Park & Grand Ave get mentioned because of John DiFronzo and Joey Lombardo (who is now gone in prison and will never return).

Those two guys retreated from the Outfit years ago. It is their reputation that gets Elmwood Park and Grand Ave mentioned, nothing more.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/16/13 09:20 AM

HuronSocialAthletic, I talked a little about Jimmy Inendino. I can talk about him more, but I actually have a couple of questions myself that I want to check out first.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/16/13 01:39 PM

I read a story that jimmy I and his buddies was washing money for accardo, and accardo had so much money stashed in his home that he had money going back to the capone days
Posted By: ChiTown

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/16/13 02:45 PM

Jimmy I was not 26th Street originally. He was a Taylor Street guy who grew up with Harry Aleman, Lenny Foresta and others. He came up under Turk Torello and worked for Butch Petrocelli. Jimmy I worked for the Spano's and Rocky Infelise in Cicero in the 1990s. He lives in Darien and is also very close to Caruso brothers.
Posted By: cookcounty

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/16/13 03:30 PM

how are the Caruso's viewed on the southside?

they're is a lot of crooked bullshit you can get into on the southside/nw indiana
Posted By: ovation32

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/16/13 04:34 PM

I do not know a ton about The Outfit, but this thread has been more revealing and educational than any other Chicago-oriented thread I have read on here in a couple of years.

If my understanding is correct, it seems as though DiFronzo genuinely has no role anymore in Outfit affairs. Clearly, he holds the clout to insert himself in what is going on if he wants based upon his power, wealth and history. My question is this: Do you guys think that the true Outfit players (those actually involved in illegal activity) pay DiFronzo any tribute at all? If not, then it seems as though the Cicero crew is really what we all understand as the Outfit. If this is the case, who is at the top of the Outfit. Which of those people mentioned (in prison or out) is the actual boss?
Posted By: jonnynonos

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/16/13 05:03 PM

Originally Posted By: ovation32
I do not know a ton about The Outfit, but this thread has been more revealing and educational than any other Chicago-oriented thread I have read on here in a couple of years.

If my understanding is correct, it seems as though DiFronzo genuinely has no role anymore in Outfit affairs. Clearly, he holds the clout to insert himself in what is going on if he wants based upon his power, wealth and history. My question is this: Do you guys think that the true Outfit players (those actually involved in illegal activity) pay DiFronzo any tribute at all? If not, then it seems as though the Cicero crew is really what we all understand as the Outfit. If this is the case, who is at the top of the Outfit. Which of those people mentioned (in prison or out) is the actual boss?

I don't have a great answer for you, but one result of virtually zero Outfit related arrests let alone large scale prosecutions in recent years is a cloak of anonymity descending over the Outfit.

It's been about five years since Family Secrets now. No one really learned that much at the Sarno trial.

With each year that passes and we move further away from any big arrests or prosecutions that reveal substantial revelatory information, people have to speculate more and more.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/16/13 05:36 PM

Difronzo is retired from day to day operations, u can say jimmy I is acting boss in the same manner marcello was, with that being said difronzo is semi retired keeping the title of actual boss, and as long as he got that title the outfit have to kickup, unless he dies then jimmy I will become the real boss

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/16/13 05:47 PM

I would assume the DiFronzo brothers are still taking tribute from all active Outfit crews--from Grand Ave which they control to Cicero and 26th Street. They certainly get tribute from video poker rackets that the Caruso's own via Casey S and that is perhaps the largest racket in Chicago.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/16/13 05:51 PM

Szaflarski is in the joint.

I have serious doubts as to how lucrative the whole video poker thing is these days.

As I noted before, people familiar with such rackets on this site have seen the takes on those taken all the way back from Family Secrets and said they were on the very low end.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/16/13 05:52 PM

Jimmy I indeed started as a Taylor Street guy along with Harry Aleman. Allegedly it was the LaPietra brothers who made him into the 26th St Crew after one of his many stints in the joint...My guess is DiFronzo doesn't give a shit what the Cicero/26th Street guys do and it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't get much of anything from them- Part of the reason Johnny is still around after all these years is that he never stands in their way from making money. Why would they want him out?? ( Apart from those dry snitch rumors )

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/16/13 05:55 PM

Originally Posted By: thebigfella
Difronzo is retired from day to day operations, u can say jimmy I is acting boss in the same manner marcello was, with that being said difronzo is semi retired keeping the title of actual boss, and as long as he got that title the outfit have to kickup, unless he dies then jimmy I will become the real boss
I agree with you, The Big Fella. When Johnny is gone, that's it for his brother, also. Andriacchi wouldn't stand in the way because he probably doesn't care. He's rich enough and in ill health.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/16/13 06:07 PM

When johny pass where do u see d'amico?
Posted By: ovation32

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/16/13 06:10 PM

Does anyone have a photo of Inendino?

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/16/13 06:30 PM

http://s296.photobucket.com/user/geesix/media/chicago%20outfit/jamesinendino.jpg.html
Posted By: GaryMartin

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/16/13 08:28 PM

Here's a Tribune story that involves Inendino.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1996-01-15/news/9601150156_1_launder-bosses-mob

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/16/13 09:10 PM

Is anyone even gonna care about this crap once DiFronzo is gone?

The only living gangsters I find remotely interesting are Lumbo, DiFronzo and Marcello.

Most of the rest strike me as third rate clowns who wouldn't be changing tires on work cars in the old days and have no real meaningful connection to the powerful entity that once existed.

As far as I can tell, for me, personally, once the above three guys are gone I probably won't be any more interested in the present Outfit than I am, say, organized crime in Cleveland, which is to say not at all.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/16/13 09:28 PM

Well I'm sure all the current powerbrokers in the Outfit from Solly D to Jimmy I will be upset to learn you are no longer a fan.

Jimmy I is a multimillionaire who lives comfortably and stays out of the limelight like most Chicago mobsters. He's been around since the 1950s and has worked with everyone from Joe B to Harry Aleman to Turk to Frank Calabrese.
Posted By: F_white

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/16/13 09:28 PM

A far cry from the old days

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/16/13 09:44 PM

Lumbo, difronzo, & marcello are undoubtedly three of the very least interesting characters regarding the Outfit. Marcello is the only one out of the three you stated that is worth any interest these days whatsoever. What the hell are you even insinuating? That Jimmy fucking Inendino & Solly D are nobodies? I don't even... .....

The Outfit isn't going anywhere. It never went anywhere. They're doing the same thing they did to the 1st Ward to the western/southwestern suburbs.

The big thing that people don't understand is That the Chicago Outfit still functions as a SECRET SOCIETY. In Philly & NY it is well known in the press, in popular culture, guys let their nuts hang out like idiots. Apart from a few major hiccups (the calabrese clowns, etc), the Outfit is still largely shrouded in mystery. This doesn't mean that they're gone, it means these guys are great at What They do & show Chicago heart & loyalty.

Stay on topic.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/16/13 09:45 PM

Originally Posted By: ChiTown
Well I'm sure all the current powerbrokers in the Outfit from Solly D to Jimmy I will be upset to learn you are no longer a fan.

Jimmy I is a multimillionaire who lives comfortably and stays out of the limelight like most Chicago mobsters. He's been around since the 1950s and has worked with everyone from Joe B to Harry Aleman to Turk to Frank Calabrese.

Never been a fan.

Yeah, those guys have done a real bang up job.

The Outfit at one time was an extremely powerful organization, preposterously powerful, really. It may have been vile but it was undeniably powerful.

Today it's basically the equivalent of a bunch of fifth rate hubcap thieves.

So saying the above people are "power brokers" is like saying the manager of a fried chicken stand is a "mover and shaker" in the restaurant industry by comparison.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/16/13 09:46 PM

Originally Posted By: HuronSocialAthletic
Lumbo, difronzo, & marcello are undoubtedly three of the very least interesting characters regarding the Outfit. Marcello is the only one out of the three you stated that is worth any interest these days whatsoever. What the hell are you even insinuating? That Jimmy fucking Inendino & Solly D are nobodies? I don't even... .....

The Outfit isn't going anywhere. It never went anywhere. They're doing the same thing they did to the 1st Ward to the western/southwestern suburbs.

The big thing that people don't understand is That the Chicago Outfit still functions as a SECRET SOCIETY. In Philly & NY it is well known in the press, in popular culture, guys let their nuts hang out like idiots. Apart from a few major hiccups (the calabrese clowns, etc), the Outfit is still largely shrouded in mystery. This doesn't mean that they're gone, it means these guys are great at What They do & show Chicago heart & loyalty.

Stay on topic.

You are delusional. And I would bet 10-1 you are a poster who has previously been banned from this board under a different name.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/16/13 09:47 PM

Originally Posted By: ChiTown

Everything This guy said.

JI is absolutely devastated that some pedestrian forum poster isn't a "fan" of his lol.

Difronzo was never half the gangster that Jimmy I & Solly D were, by the way.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/16/13 09:49 PM

"Fifth rate hubcap thieves" "never been a fan"

I didn't think trolls were allowed to post on thus board.

Fosco, is That you??

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/16/13 09:58 PM

Originally Posted By: jonnynonos
Is anyone even gonna care about this crap once DiFronzo is gone?

The only living gangsters I find remotely interesting are Lumbo, DiFronzo and Marcello.

Most of the rest strike me as third rate clowns who wouldn't be changing tires on work cars in the old days and have no real meaningful connection to the powerful entity that once existed. Jimmy I may be many things -- an extortionist, a murderer, a killer - but he is no clown. The Outfit is a shadow of its former self and I think Ivy League is pretty well on point with his posts on this site - but Inendino has MUCH respect on the street and is smart enough to keep himself behind the scenes while people like Joe Fosco and Chuck Goudie go on and on about BOSS JOHN DIFRONZO. Mike Sarno was never a boss -- he is a frightening human being lol but is just a made guy who had a crew of associates working for him. He was never the Boss of Cicero, Chicago, or anything for that matter...These Outfit postings will get pretty interesting when DiFronzo is no longer around though. I think things will change and some muscle flexing may occur on the streets --not to the level of places like Philly in the 90's, but The Outfit won't go quietly into that good night

As far as I can tell, for me, personally, once the above three guys are gone I probably won't be any more interested in the present Outfit than I am, say, organized crime in Cleveland, which is to say not at all.
DiFronzo most definitely makes things intriguing. Never before has a sitting boss retreated as he has and never has one BEEN able to retreat as he has. Correctly, knowledgeable posters like Ivy and Chicago will tell you this is part due to weakness and the inability of Cicero/26th St to do much of anything about it. Even if they did, though, it wouldn't be a smart move whether or not DiFronzo is a dry snitch. The Outfit has spent so many years trying to hide in the shadows again the last 20 years but a move on DiFronzo but put them right back in the crosshairs of the Federal Government. It does make for an interesting discussion, though...:)

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/16/13 10:03 PM

Fosco, is That you??

Relax Riccobene's.

You are free to stare longingly at your 8 x 10s of Solly D in his nylon union jacket and $8 haircut and writes sonnets to his masculanity if you want.

My point is, I am only really interested in the people who are genuinely connected to what the Outfit once was because, unilke you, I think it is basically a joke these days.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/16/13 10:08 PM

No one is saying the Outfit is as powerful as it once was. But difronzo is not all that interesting of a character. Cicero & Chinatown don't have anything against him, Jimmy & Solly love the DiFronzos & Marco, There is no bad blood there. Maybe from some of the bone headed younger guys, but none from the southside brass. Why would They want to harm anyone from elmwood? Difronzo more or less handed the Outfit street rackets over to them & gave him his blessing. Guys from elmwood, grand, Chinatown, AND Cicero are seen at parties & banquets together frequently, there is no hatred or ill will there. Jimmy I is close with Marco & Johnny & vice versa. Elmwood just doesn't want to be associated with street rackets anymore. And why would they? Look what they're doing with the food industry, etc. They graduated.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/16/13 10:12 PM

Fosco, is That you??

Relax Riccobene's.

You are free to stare longingly at your 8 x 10s of Solly D in his nylon union jacket and $8 haircut and writes sonnets to his masculanity if you want.

My point is, I am only really interested in the people who are genuinely connected to what the Outfit once was because, unilke you, I think it is basically a joke these days.

Ricobenes the restaurant? I don't get it....

Jimmy I is like 6 years younger than Johnny. What's your point? He's been more active than Johnny & ran with a tougher, more lucrative crew during the heydey. The infelice crew was pulling in $25 million cash a year off their rigged casinos & bookmaking interests alone, and That was in 1993. Jimmy I & solly d ran that crew. Once again, your point? You're just mentioning names that have been glorified in the papers & on television.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/16/13 10:26 PM

Are you a made guy? With your deep insider knowledge, it's a wonder the FBI doesn't have you on speed dial.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/16/13 10:36 PM

Fosco, is That you??

Relax Riccobene's.

Jimmy I is like 6 years younger than Johnny. What's your point? He's been more active than Johnny & ran with a tougher, more lucrative crew during the heydey. The infelice crew was pulling in $25 million cash a year off their rigged casinos & bookmaking interests alone, and That was in 1993. Jimmy I & solly d ran that crew. Once again, your point? You're just mentioning names that have been glorified in the papers & on television.
Inendino is roughly 15 years younger than DiFronzo-not just 6 years. Yes the Southside brass may not have any bad blood NOW, but don't you feel it's quite possible that when Johnny dies that they will try to arm his family for pieces of all those legit businesses and the profits from the offshore casinos??? GREED is what rules in that world-nothing else. Ricca's son got ripped off and Angelo LaPietra's house was about to be burglarized do you REALLY feel that the ill-gotten gains of John Difronzo will be safe????

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/16/13 10:46 PM

Originally Posted By: 12thStreet

Fosco, is That you??

Relax Riccobene's.

Inendino is roughly 15 years younger than DiFronzo-not just 6 years. Yes the Southside brass may not have any bad blood NOW, but don't you feel it's quite possible that when Johnny dies that they will try to arm his family for pieces of all those legit businesses and the profits from the offshore casinos??? GREED is what rules in that world-nothing else. Ricca's son got ripped off and Angelo LaPietra's house was about to be burglarized do you REALLY feel that the ill-gotten gains of John Difronzo will be safe????

The difronzos & co Are constructing their legitimate empire in a way Where arming it up will not be So easy. Also, don't think They don't have people in line to take over interests once they're gone.

Also, you cannot compare some old has been farts with nothing to lose trying to rob a dead guy's house with what the difronzos have built. I doubt Cicero would just walk into marianos/TFF/D&P headquarters & just announce that ownership has changed hands LOL. You never know, but it would be a lot more elaborate than that.

The point is, there is no present beef between EP & Cicero. Everyone gets along just fine & congregates together like they always have.

This was a great thread on Jimmy I & modern Cicero that got unfortunately got derailed. Lets get back on track, I'm curious to hear Chicago contribute more on JI.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/16/13 10:53 PM

And yes, you're correct on JI only being 70 years old. That Was my mistake. Regardless, he was from (roughly) the same era as guys older than him. And the guy was partners with Harry Aleman, to refer to Jimmy I as a nobody or "hubcap thief" is ignorant & preposterous to say the least.
Posted By: mulberry

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/17/13 12:00 AM

Hate to burst your bubble, but DiFronzo is already gone. He's been retired for years, living off his legit money. The old mob is gone, replaced by a new generation. The same happened in New york. Gigante, Gambino, Salerno, Corallo and the rest are gone. Nobody lives forever, except Sonny Franzese

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/17/13 12:28 AM

Jimmy I is the real deal, he goe's back to the wild bunch, harry aleman and jimmy I done alot of work together, there is alot of interesting guys in chicago, just because u don't read about them dose'nt mean thier not there
Posted By: FriedRavioliFarts

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/17/13 01:22 AM

I don't think hubcap thieves have houses in Burr Ridge, Oak Brook, Barrington, Lake Geneva, and Marco Island. How did Jimmy I. fit into the Butchie/Bors beef?

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/17/13 01:44 AM

Originally Posted By: FriedRavioliFarts

I don't think hubcap thieves have houses in Burr Ridge, Oak Brook, Barrington, Lake Geneva, and Marco Island. How did Jimmy I. fit into the Butchie/Bors beef?
I dunno if he did fit in Fried Ravioli Farts ( feels weird addressing somebody by that name - lol ) I think that beef was in the late 70's while Jimmy was in the joint..Maybe Chicago or another poster could answer that.
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/17/13 02:00 AM

Originally Posted By: ovation32

Unless law enforcement and/or a turncoat talked specifically on the issue, there's obviously no way we could know. But I wouldn't be surprised if DiFronzo doesn't take anything from anyone other than the close guy immediately around him. He's already got plenty of money anyway. So why take the risk of accepting tribute from the other crews?

And you hit on something I've mentioned before. Back in 2007, the FBI said the Outfit was being run in "northern and southern sections." In 2011, the FBI said the Outfit was "down to two or three crews." In hindsight, this all makes sense. The northern section is obviously DiFronzo's Elmwood Park crew - which is basically legit and quasi-legit now. The southern section appears to be the Melrose Park and South Side crews, which are more what many think of when it comes to the Chicago mob. Grand Avenue appears to be defunct. I think I recall Chicago saying what was left of it was absorbed by Elmwood Park.

Mike Sarno was never a boss -- he is a frightening human being lol but is just a made guy who had a crew of associates working for him. He was never the Boss of Cicero, Chicago, or anything for that matter...These Outfit postings will get pretty interesting when DiFronzo is no longer around though.

If you mean official boss, no. But Sarno was the acting boss, just like Marcello was before him.

Yeah, those guys have done a real bang up job.

The Outfit at one time was an extremely powerful organization, preposterously powerful, really. It may have been vile but it was undeniably powerful.

Today it's basically the equivalent of a bunch of fifth rate hubcap thieves.

While you're wise to see through ChiTown's rah rah propaganda, the Outfit is still considered a viable family. It's just one of the few remaining smaller families outside New York, i.e. more on par with New England or Philadelphia.
Posted By: Skinny

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/17/13 02:05 AM

how do the chicago books run their sheets out there?

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/17/13 02:28 AM

Sarno was a front boss. He was a "beard" for Jimmy Inendino. Respect your posts much, Ivy but respectfully disagree. Now we can debate "acting boss" vs "front boss" etc. but in no way would I put Sarno in Marcello's category. Marcello was a true threat capable of solidifying things in what's left of the Outfit. Sarno was a "dem,dese, and dose" kinda guy only known for his brutality and not for his brains. Am curious to hear your take on Inendino though, Ivy. Am amused by some of the rah rah bullshit though on some posts and am shaking my head. We're talking about MURDERERS, all, not a f*cking football team...

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/17/13 02:43 AM

Has anyone who posts on this forum been to Melrose Park in the last few years. It is about Italian as Guadalajara.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/17/13 02:49 AM

Sarno was a front boss. He was a "beard" for Jimmy Inendino. Respect your posts much, Ivy but respectfully disagree. Now we can debate "acting boss" vs "front boss" etc. but in no way would I put Sarno in Marcello's category. Marcello was a true threat capable of solidifying things in what's left of the Outfit. Sarno was a "dem,dese, and dose" kinda guy only known for his brutality and not for his brains. Am curious to hear your take on Inendino though, Ivy. Am amused by some of the rah rah bullshit though on some posts and am shaking my head. We're talking about MURDERERS, all, not a f*cking football team...

Well, the FBI considered Sarno the acting boss. Whether he was a front for Inendino or anyone else, I don't know. All I know about Inendino, at least as far as recent years go, is his involvement back in the 2001 Cicero insurance case and a news piece they did a while back about him operating out of a local currency exchange.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/17/13 04:15 AM

Melrose Park and Cicero Hispanics are everywhere out there.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/17/13 04:41 AM

Melrose is probably 20 to 25 percent Italian and the rest is Mexican. It's a shame, another good neighborhood that changed. And grave ave is not defunct, still many active guys around.
Posted By: DA13

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/17/13 04:47 AM

Meeting with mob enforcer
Posted By: BarrettM

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/17/13 05:35 AM

Was Joey Lombardo ever the boss of the Outfit? What kind of a guy was he? Who did he take over for when he became capo at such a young age.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/17/13 06:15 AM

Joey Lombardo originally belonged to the Taylor St. Crew even though he was born and raised on Grand Ave.

Joey was with Phil Alderisio and then when got made, he ran his own franchise like all made guys.

After the 'Changing of the Guard', Auippa/Cerone made him a Capo and gave him the Grand Ave area. This happened around 1969. Some of the left over Taylor St men were now under him and they were known as the Grand Ave Crew.

After Lombardo got out of prison, He was more like a retired Advisor. He had to be careful not to be seen with anyone or they would have sent him back to prison.

He would mostly confer with Joe Andriacchi who is his cousin.
That way he could claim he was talking to a relative.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/17/13 07:50 AM

Looks like the Boys went at it today arguing about the Current status of the Outfit.

1) Nobody ever said there was any current animosity between Elmwood Park and Cicero.
2) Elmwood Park Retreated years ago.
3) DiFronzo doesn't have anything to do with the street rackets.
4) DiFronzo does not receive any tribute from the street rackets. This isn't New York.
5) After DiFronzo dies, it's anybody's guess as to what will happen with Elmwood Park and Grand Ave
6) Most probably, Relatives of these men will be running legitimate businesses and own property through inheritance.
7) Will all the businesses be owned in part by a 'Parent Company so it is like a White Collar Outfit? Possibly. May be in place right now?
8) The old First Ward that the Outfit controlled was broken up years ago and is different.
9) The Outfit is alive, but only a shadow of itself.
10) Jimmy Inendino and Solly DeLaurentis are respected guys and are connected to the Southern Blue Collar Outfit. They are the real deal. They did a lot of time and were loyal.
11) DiFronzo would not be seen meeting with those guys. There is no reason for it. They are free to pursue Poker Machines, Bookmaking and Loan Sharking. They can make anybody they wish to run franchises. He doesn't care.
12) John DiFronzo, Pete DiFronzo, Marco D'Amico, Joey Lombardo (Before he went to prison for a murder he commited in 1974) and his cousin, Joe Andriacchi don't care about the Old Blue Collar Outfit. If anything, they MAY HAVE ESTABLISHED a White Collar Outfit that could continue after they are dead and gone.

However, if push comes to shove, I doubt it. What they own is already in other relatives names and is really not an 'Outfit' anymore. It's more like shady white collar businessmen who are partners in legitimate things with some white collar crime attached to it.
Can you still call this the Outfit? I don't think so. What are you going to call it when their relatives inherit it? They are not Outfit people.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/17/13 09:03 AM

Skinny, the way it used to run in Chicago was like this:

1) There was an Office in a particular area.
2) The Office was supervised by usually one, sometimes two made guys in charge of the Franchise. They would be partnered with a Boss/Capo.
3) In the Office would be Soldier/Associates who belonged to the Crew and took the action over the phone.
4) The Bettors would call in using code names to be associated with the Street Agents/Associates who were 25% Partners with the Crew. The Players would have a set Credit Limit predetermined. The Street Agents would be informed of their players outcome daily by calling in if so desired. A weekly summary would be provided at the end of the week.
5) The Agents would be responsible to pay off and collect from their Players each week. The Soldier/Associates would meet with the Street Agents once a week.
6) If there was a problem, someone from the CREW would step in and make the player see the error in his ways for not paying his Street Agent. Sometimes the Street Agent would be forced to sell the debt to the Loan Sharking Franchise Boss.
7) There was always another made guy running a Loan Sharking Franchise who would be involved with the Bookmaking Franchise.
8) This guy would also have a crew of soldier/associates who worked under him full time as collectors.
9) The Bookmaking Franchise would lay off bets to the main Office,IF THEY WANTED TO, so their action would be as even as possible.
However, the action was rarely even on both sides, so if it was not more than 10 or 20% difference, they usually didn't lay off. Laying off is not all good and not all bad. It just depends.
10) The Main Office was with the Dominent Crew that had the Top Boss of the Outfit.

Note: the Franchise also had some big bettors who bet direct without a street agent.

What else do you want to know about it? LOL.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/17/13 01:42 PM

Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1
Melrose is probably 20 to 25 percent Italian and the rest is Mexican. It's a shame, another good neighborhood that changed. And grave ave is not defunct, still many active guys around.

As of 2010 it was only 22 percent non Hispanic white total, which means probably even less now.

And usually when a city or neighborhood changes like that and only a few whites are left, it is almost all old people who stay.

Walk down 19th Street, the old "main drag." It is a hellhole. You'll see virtually no Caucasians whatsoever. I went to the Mt Caramael feast this year and it is pretty much dead as a celebration of Italian American culture.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/17/13 04:01 PM

@Chicago

what do you know about the Caruso's and their southside crew?

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/17/13 04:26 PM

Originally Posted By: cookcounty
@Chicago

You know how it was his kid who beat that poor black kid half to death years ago, right? A lot of people surprisingly don't know that.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/17/13 04:56 PM

@Chicago

You know how it was his kid who beat that poor black kid half to death years ago, right? A lot of people surprisingly don't know that.
YEP!!! And then his old man donated a shitload of $$$ to black churches on the South Side so that they would not come out publicly against his son. He bought Lenard Clark's family a house and there is a pic somewhere of Lenard Clark visiting Frank, Jr in the joint.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/17/13 04:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Chicago
Looks like the Boys went at it today arguing about the Current status of the Outfit.

1) Nobody ever said there was any current animosity between Elmwood Park and Cicero.
2) Elmwood Park Retreated years ago.
3) DiFronzo doesn't have anything to do with the street rackets.
4) DiFronzo does not receive any tribute from the street rackets. This isn't New York.
5) After DiFronzo dies, it's anybody's guess as to what will happen with Elmwood Park and Grand Ave
6) Most probably, Relatives of these men will be running legitimate businesses and own property through inheritance.
7) Will all the businesses be owned in part by a 'Parent Company so it is like a White Collar Outfit? Possibly. May be in place right now?
8) The old First Ward that the Outfit controlled was broken up years ago and is different.
9) The Outfit is alive, but only a shadow of itself.
10) Jimmy Inendino and Solly DeLaurentis are respected guys and are connected to the Southern Blue Collar Outfit. They are the real deal. They did a lot of time and were loyal.
11) DiFronzo would not be seen meeting with those guys. There is no reason for it. They are free to pursue Poker Machines, Bookmaking and Loan Sharking. They can make anybody they wish to run franchises. He doesn't care.
12) John DiFronzo, Pete DiFronzo, Marco D'Amico, Joey Lombardo (Before he went to prison for a murder he commited in 1974) and his cousin, Joe Andriacchi don't care about the Old Blue Collar Outfit. If anything, they MAY HAVE ESTABLISHED a White Collar Outfit that could continue after they are dead and gone.

However, if push comes to shove, I doubt it. What they own is already in other relatives names and is really not an 'Outfit' anymore. It's more like shady white collar businessmen who are partners in legitimate things with some white collar crime attached to it.
Can you still call this the Outfit? I don't think so. What are you going to call it when their relatives inherit it? They are not Outfit people.
Well done Chicago..;) May be the most informative and straight-forward post I've seen from a Chicago guy about the Outfit. Well-done and makes perfect sense.
Posted By: DA13

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/17/13 05:06 PM

Leonard Clark, Attacker Reportedly Now Friends

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/17/13 05:11 PM

@Chicago

of course I know

just like I know he paid the stones or mc's for protection for his kid in jail

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/17/13 05:16 PM

@Chicago

YEP!!! And then his old man donated a shitload of $$$ to black churches on the South Side so that they would not come out publicly against his son. He bought Lenard Clark's family a house and there is a pic somewhere of Lenard Clark visiting Frank, Jr in the joint.

Yep and Lenard never recovered and still has brain damage.

Real tough guy, Caruso Jr. Lenard was 13 and Caruso Jr. was 18.

Too bad he didn't get shived in the joint.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/17/13 07:10 PM

No one ever thought Mike Sarno was ever the boss of anything outside of his own crew, what a ridiculous statement.

No one in lockup would ever think of fucking with Frank, Jr., he was fine & was subsequently jumped into Chinatown after his stint.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/17/13 07:21 PM

No one ever thought Mike Sarno was ever the boss of anything outside of his own crew, what a ridiculous statement.

No one in lockup would ever think of fucking with Frank, Jr., he was fine & was subsequently jumped into Chinatown after his stint.

Phbhbhbhbhbhb... someone beat the crap out of John Gotti in prison.

Teflon Toots Jr. is lucky he doesn't walk like a cowboy to this day.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/17/13 07:21 PM

The feds were carrying Sarno as the acting boss.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/17/13 07:35 PM

Phbhbhbhbhbhb... someone beat the crap out of John Gotti in prison.

Teflon Toots Jr. is lucky he doesn't walk like a cowboy to this day.

No one beat the crap out of gotti. What an exaggeration. He got into a scuffle with someone he had been bullying for some time.

Strange.....because Frank Jr. came out of the situation unscathed....whether Sr. paid for his protection or not.

You got an inferiority complex towards these scumbags or what, kid? Christ, relax.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/17/13 07:40 PM

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

The feds were carrying Sarno as the acting boss.

Again, a ridiculous statement. The feds have never been correct on anything regarding the Outfit, or very, very little.

JI & Solly D would never, ever be so naive/idiotic as to put that fat shit in charge of anything outside of his own crew of flunkies.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/17/13 07:42 PM

Yes I have an inferiority complex toward a murderous troglodyte.

I responded to your post because I found your statement "No one would in lock up would ever think of fucking with Frank Jr." fawning and undignified.

How would you know anyway. Hang out with him at the bar?

Cousin is a friend of a friend who knows?

I have news for you, just because you go to the same barber as someone doesn't mean they are spilling their guts to your mutual acquantince about the inner workings of the mob and every personal detail of their lives.
Posted By: AllDay27

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/17/13 07:45 PM

"No one beat the crap out of gotti. What an exaggeration. He got into a scuffle with someone he had been bullying for some time."

Gotti absolutely got badly beaten for balking at the Aryan Brotherhood. He ordered them to kill someone and they literally took his money and refused to carry out the hit. The AB were his bodyguards in prison up until they day they were finished extorting him for the final $100,000. Read the story, look at the pictures from the prison hospital, they split his head open. Calling it a scuffle was the exaggeration, had he not watched what he said and how he acted directly after the incident the AB would have killed him much sooner than the cancer.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/17/13 07:46 PM

Largely shrouded in mystery? I've replied to this kind of nonsense more times than I can count. The Outfit has suffered the same fate from attrition, prosecutions, etc. as the other families have, especially the smaller ones outside New York. It's gone from 6 crews down to 2 or 3 crews. It has less than half the membership it did in the late 1990's; losing nearly 20 made members since 2000. It has nowhere near the scope and diversity of activity it once did, nor does it have more than a fraction of it's old political clout.

Again, a ridiculous statement. The feds have never been correct on anything regarding the Outfit, or very, very little.

JI & Solly D would never, ever be so naive/idiotic as to put that fat shit in charge of anything outside of his own crew of flunkies.

Says who? You? What puts you in a position to know more than the feds on Sarno specifically or the Outfit in general?

You may not be aware of this but, before you came along, these forums already had one Outfit cheerleader after another come along, pretending to have the real scoop on things, including claiming they know more than the feds.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/17/13 07:53 PM

Cook County, Caruso is the Boss of 26th St. They are involved in the usual things: Bookmaking, Poker machines and Loan Sharking. His two relatives are involved in union activity, Bruno and Leo. They are partnered with Cicero who is the Dominent Crew.
They lay off bets to Cicero in Bookmaking and they get their Poker machines from Cicero. They then place the machines in bars in their area.
Posted By: SgWaue86

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/17/13 07:54 PM

Yeah those guys don't give a fuck about the mob if they wanted to it wouldn't have made a difference who's kid he is. You rally think the Italian American oc in Chicago is still alive and well. Stop dickriding the guys who extorted your pops.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/17/13 07:55 PM

Largely shrouded in mystery? I've replied to this kind of nonsense more times than I can count. The Outfit has suffered the same fate from attrition, prosecutions, etc. as the other families have, especially the smaller ones outside New York. It's gone from 6 crews down to 2 or 3 crews. It has less than half the membership it did in the late 1990's; losing nearly 20 made members since 2000. It has nowhere near the scope and diversity of activity it once did, nor does it have more than a fraction of it's old political clout.

Says who? You? What puts you in a position to know more than the feds on Sarno specifically or the Outfit in general?

You may not be aware of this but, before you came along, these forums already had one Outfit cheerleader after another come along, pretending to have the real scoop on things, including claiming they know more than the feds.

Who here refuted any of that? Who said they were the same Outfit of the 60s/70s? You're grasping for straws. All I said was that they shifted their operations from the city limits to the surrounding suburbs, which is not untrue.

Regarding sarno, again, no one ever thought he was the boss of anything. Ever. No one ever thought this lol.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/17/13 08:03 PM

Who here refuted any of that? Who said they were the same Outfit of the 60s/70s? You're grasping for straws. All I said was that they shifted their operations from the city limits to the surrounding suburbs, which is not untrue.

Forget the 60's and 70's. The Outfit isn't the same as the 90's either. Anyway, you were trying to come from the position that Chicago is somehow different from the other families, when they're really not. At least not in the big scheme of things. And them operating more in the suburbs today is old news.

Quote:
Regarding sarno, again, no one ever thought he was the boss of anything. Ever. No one ever thought this lol.

You keep saying "no one." First, since when did you speak for everybody? Second, as I've already told you, the FBI considered Sarno to be the acting boss. Third, what puts you or anyone else here, in a position to dispute that? I honestly wouldn't be surprised if you and others here simply read a few articles on him, saw his old mugshot with the long hair, weren't impressed, and just assumed he wasn't boss material so you claim he never was.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/17/13 08:19 PM

The Outfit of today is pretty much the way Ivy described it which is based a lot on the Feds who know a lot more today than they did in 1973. it is also based upon personal observation. The Outfit really changed in the early 1990's. They went From 6 Crews down to 4. Out of those 4 Crews, you really have 2 that are operating like the old Outfit. They are the Southern crews.
As far as Sarno, believe it or not, he was not only a made guy running his franchise but he was also the 'Acting Front Boss'. That's how low the Outfit has sunk from 30 years ago.

Noone said Sarno was a big powerful Boss. All the feds said was that he was the acting Boss of Cicero which made him the 'Acting Front Boss' of the Street racket Outfit.
Noonee claimed he was more powerful than Jimmy Inendino.

As far as the city, There was a bust and investigation about the poker machines a couple of years ago involving 26th St. The bars were in the City, not in the suburbs. Not all of the current mob activity is in the suburbs.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/17/13 08:21 PM

Ivy you can't get everything from the internet.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/17/13 08:24 PM

The Outfit of today is pretty much the way Ivy described it which is based a lot on the Feds who know a lot more today than they did in 1973. it is also based upon personal observation. The Outfit really changed in the early 1990's. They went From 6 Crews down to 4. Out of those 4 Crews, you really have 2 that are operating like the old Outfit. They are the Southern crews.
As far as Sarno, believe it or not, he was not only a made guy running his franchise but he was also the 'Acting Front Boss'. That's how low the Outfit has sunk from 30 years ago.

Noone said Sarno was a big powerful Boss. All the feds said was that he was the acting Boss of Cicero which made him the 'Acting Front Boss' of the Street racket Outfit.

As far as the city, There was a bust and investigation about the poker machines a couple of years ago involving 26th St. The bars were in the City, not in the suburbs. Not all of the current mob activity is in the suburbs.

Yep. The Redwood is still closed.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/FBI-Raids-Mobs-Alleged-Video-Poker-Ring-78740427.html

http://af11.wordpress.com/2009/12/10/hol...n-chicago-hood/

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/17/13 08:24 PM

Forget the 60's and 70's. The Outfit isn't the same as the 90's either. Anyway, you were trying to come from the position that Chicago is somehow different from the other families, when they're really not. At least not in the big scheme of things. And them operating more in the suburbs today is old news.

Quote:

You keep saying "no one." First, since when did you speak for everybody? Second, as I've already told you, the FBI considered Sarno to be the acting boss. Third, what puts you or anyone else here, in a position to dispute that? I honestly wouldn't be surprised if you and others here simply read a few articles on him, saw his old mugshot with the long hair, weren't impressed, and just assumed he wasn't boss material so you claim he never was.

Again, grasping for straws. NO ONE ever thought Michael Sarno was top three in Cicero. This was never the case & no one ever thought this. He was never, ever on the level of Marcello, Inendino, or Solly D. He moved up marginally when his daughter married JI's son Sammy, but quickly buried himself with that bone headed botched bombing.

This isn't rocket science, quit making it so complicated.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/17/13 08:28 PM

NickyEyes, You are correct. It should be a combination of the Feds reports along with some insider information from the streets. But, that being said, I would say that in 2013, the Feds have got it pretty good. They don't know every detail, but they have a pretty good overall picture. They are not stupid. That's why DiFronzo etc. retreated. The guys that have the most to lose retreated. There has to be a good reason for retreatment. I just gave it.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/17/13 08:29 PM

Let's hope he wasn't the boss. He basically went down for stealing jewelry and a pipe bomb.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/17/13 08:33 PM

Ivy League is the FBI not above disinformation to suit its own interests? Would it be the first time they tried to stir a shitstorm on the street with naming one guy as who they feel as the boss to either keep the REAL target off guard or to make themselves look better when they indict and convict who they SAY was the boss? As for the internet and the pics etc I will say this....No I'm not an Outfit guy. No I'm not privy to who is made and who is a boss etc. And no I'm no fucking groupie. I do know Cicero, however. I have met many of these guys just from growing up where I did and through certain misguided family members. No I will not drop names and no I am not some idiot who wants ppl to be impressed because I grew up in an environment where I happened to know many of these guys. Believe me don't believe me wipe yourself with my posts lol it makes no diff to me..:) Sarno was no boss and not only was he never a boss, the FBI is smart enough to know that as well. They know DAMN WELL who the real power is they just wanted the headline of OUTFIT BOSS SARNO CONVICTED OF ETC..The next guy they indict will be the next boss

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/17/13 08:34 PM

Agreed on most points.

I wouldn't have called it a full scale investigation into the poker machines. There was more than just poker machines going on at the Redwood. It was a known speakeasy for Chinatown soldiers & had been being monitored for years. The poker machine racket is still alive & well throughout the Chicagoland area. The Outfit still have interests within city limits, but post-bob Cooley, their operations are largely based out of the surrounding suburbs.

Also, grand avenue is far from "white collar". They aren't as gritty as Chinatown, but they are still very much street level. You still have the younger guys in that crew doing shit like jacking computers off trucks at Fulton & Wolcott LOL. People assume That because grand Ave is directly connected with elmwood that they are white collar as well.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/17/13 08:40 PM

Ivy League is the FBI not above disinformation to suit its own interests? Would it be the first time they tried to stir a shitstorm on the street with naming one guy as who they feel as the boss to either keep the REAL target off guard or to make themselves look better when they indict and convict who they SAY was the boss? As for the internet and the pics etc I will say this....No I'm not an Outfit guy. No I'm not privy to who is made and who is a boss etc. And no I'm no fucking groupie. I do know Cicero, however. I have met many of these guys just from growing up where I did and through certain misguided family members. No I will not drop names and no I am not some idiot who wants ppl to be impressed because I grew up in an environment where I happened to know many of these guys. Believe me don't believe me wipe yourself with my posts lol it makes no diff to me..:) Sarno was no boss and not only was he never a boss, the FBI is smart enough to know that as well. They know DAMN WELL who the real power is they just wanted the headline of OUTFIT BOSS SARNO CONVICTED OF ETC..The next guy they indict will be the next boss

Exactly. All of this. The sarno being boss bullshit Was a rouse to try & put JI & SD back in the can, and to grab headlines. Nothing more.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/17/13 08:43 PM

Let's hope he wasn't the boss. He basically went down for stealing jewelry and a pipe bomb.

Exactly. And he didn't even have the confidence in his own crew to carry it out LOL. He tried to rope Caruso into it & he refused, so he turned to the bikers.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/17/13 08:43 PM

Agreed on most points.

I wouldn't have called it a full scale investigation into the poker machines. There was more than just poker machines going on at the Redwood. It was a known speakeasy for Chinatown soldiers & had been being monitored for years. The poker machine racket is still alive & well throughout the Chicagoland area. The Outfit still have interests within city limits, but post-bob Cooley, their operations are largely based out of the surrounding suburbs.

Also, grand avenue is far from "white collar". They aren't as gritty as Chinatown, but they are still very much street level. You still have the younger guys in that crew doing shit like jacking computers off trucks at Fulton & Wolcott LOL. People assume That because grand Ave is directly connected with elmwood that they are white collar as well.

The article I linked to said 12 taverns were raided. That's pretty much a full-on investigation, unless it's wrong.

One thing about Sarno being caught heading up the B&E ring would indicate that the profits from the gambling are probably not what some people think; only a fool would risk going down on running a stolen jewelry racket when they are already sitting on a gambling fortune.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/17/13 08:52 PM

Agreed on most points.

The article I linked to said 12 taverns were raided. That's pretty much a full-on investigation, unless it's wrong.

One thing about Sarno being caught heading up the B&E ring would indicate that the profits from the gambling are probably not what some people think; only a fool would risk going down on running a stolen jewelry racket when they are already sitting on a gambling fortune.

Twelve taverns throughout the entire city of Chicago? Nah. Maybe a full on investigation in Danville or something lol. They used the machines as an excuse to shut down a few well known crew hangouts.

Also, the sarno family is extremely wealthy, So I dunno what to tell ya about that...

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/17/13 09:00 PM

Believe me, you would have never seen DiFronzo etc. meeting with Sarno to discuss Outfit business. LOL

Nobody said the Grand Ave guys were saints. But do you really think that some younger Grand Ave guys jacking computers off trucks are really part of a big Outfit enterprise like Poker machines, Bookmaking, Loan sharking etc. like the old days? Sounds to me like you have a few young soldier/associates jacking some shit on their own.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/17/13 09:09 PM

Agreed on most points.

Twelve taverns throughout the entire city of Chicago? Nah. Maybe a full on investigation in Danville or something lol. They used the machines as an excuse to shut down a few well known crew hangouts.

Also, the sarno family is extremely wealthy, So I dunno what to tell ya about that...

Well, 12 in Bridgeport.

No offense but I doubt the FBI would go out of their way to shut down known mob hangouts just for the hell of it.

I imagine they have better things to do than inconvenience a few wise guys by forcing them to find a new watering hole.

There are other mobbed up spots in the city they could have tried to close if that was their goal.

I don't really know. Feds put the entire Outfit take at $200 million annually a long time ago, at least 10 years ago, as that figure was cited in John Binder's book.

Joe Fosco for what it's worth thought that was way overblown, although I know he isn't really seen as a credible source for various reasons.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/17/13 09:16 PM

Believe me, you would have never seen DiFronzo etc. meeting with Sarno to discuss Outfit business. LOL

Nobody said the Grand Ave guys were saints. But do you really think that some younger Grand Ave guys jacking computers off trucks are really part of a big Outfit enterprise like Poker machines, Bookmaking, Loan sharking etc. like the old days? Sounds to me like you have a few young soldier/associates jacking some shit on their own.

Absolutely not, that's not What I was insinuating at all. I was just pointing out that grand Ave can be lumped into the same category as the southern groups. Elmwood park is something else altogether.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/17/13 10:13 PM

I agree that the DiFronzos, Andriacchi and D'Amico are out of it. Regardless of whether there is a beef or was ever a beef between Elmwood Park and Cicero, you know darn well each of those EP guys has muscle to call into play that is independent of Cicero to defend their interests if need be. That in and of itself may be a main reason why the Grand Avenue Crew is still there, who knows??? Those are some rough guys...

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/18/13 12:06 AM

What about Cataudella and Matassa in terms of rank? Also is Zitello still active in Chicago or down in Florida?

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/18/13 12:08 AM

2 orders of the Fried Ravioli appetizer from RoSal's will do it to ya!

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/18/13 12:29 AM

Cataudella is 'Acting Front Boss of Cicero' which makes him front boss of the Southern Outfit.
Matassa belongs to Elmwood Park. He was made into the North Side/Rush St years ago with Vince Solano. That Crew pretty much ended in 1992 when Solano died. Matassa then went with Elmwood Park because it's on the North Side. He belongs to Johnny.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/18/13 01:44 AM

Chicago, let us know after you've consulted your JMS confidant.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/18/13 02:15 AM

Also, grand Ave crew is in no way defunct, another ludicrous statement based off of absolutely nothing. And there is no Melrose park crew, as was previously pointed out.
Posted By: red

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/18/13 03:51 AM

I have serious doubts as to how lucrative the whole video poker thing is these days.

As I noted before, people familiar with such rackets on this site have seen the takes on those taken all the way back from Family Secrets and said they were on the very low end.

Not so! ever been to chicago theres lotz of nieborhoods with old peoples like myself. you give em credit at place with slots (you get the picture. Don't ax me for any of them figures but there are places that make a few thousand dollars a day.
Posted By: Skinny

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/18/13 04:19 AM

^^^^ to comment on the machines.... If you look at his expense sheet, hes spending like 180k a year in labor.... At first i thought repairs, but thats a different spot. For you ppl who still are lost HES SKIMMING. So while he claims 110k or whatever on his 1040 hes making about 300k, idk what he kicked up, dont know who that was/position whatever. Not that bad imo, maybe i wandered onto a forum full of billionaires. Machines are always big. Not as much with the young hip crowd... More older guys or blue collar guys. Which is why if they are in a bar its gonna be a dive or a pool hall, bowling alley... In jersey they are bigger in gas stations/corner stores and cafes. Cafes are popular places to like red said line up a rooms wall with them bc they dont have a 300,000 dollar liquor liscense to lose when they get caught. Big in social clubs... They used to have special just machine clubs that looked like those video arcade places they legalized in fla. Im sure you probly had a dozen of so in your area red haha

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/18/13 04:26 AM

Again, grasping for straws. NO ONE ever thought Michael Sarno was top three in Cicero. This was never the case & no one ever thought this. He was never, ever on the level of Marcello, Inendino, or Solly D. He moved up marginally when his daughter married JI's son Sammy, but quickly buried himself with that bone headed botched bombing.

You're just repeating yourself without answering any of my questions. And it's because you can't. If you want to believe Sarno was never acting boss, fine, but don't try and pass it off as anything more than your opinion.

Maybe not but you'll get a lot more from valid online sources than the legion of self-proclaimed insiders who come and go on these forums.

The problem is, I see that same excuse about "misinformation from the feds" used all the time. Other posters said it about this or that family in New York. It seems to be an excuse to dismiss what the feds say when somebody doesn't agree with them. Again, if you don't believe Sarno was acting boss, fine, but the feds apparently believed it and that's good enough for me.

Well, the Outfit (like other families) has always been involved in burglaries.

Also, grand Ave crew is in no way defunct, another ludicrous statement based off of absolutely nothing. And there is no Melrose park crew, as was previously pointed out.

Melrose Park is another name for the Cicero crew. The term was used in the Family Secrets case. As for Grand Avenue, if the Outfit is down to 2 or 3 crews, it seems to be the odd one out.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/18/13 04:38 AM

You're just repeating yourself without answering any of my questions. And it's because you can't. If you want to believe Sarno was never acting boss, fine, but don't try and pass it off as anything more than your opinion.

Maybe not but you'll get a lot more from valid online sources than the legion of self-proclaimed insiders who come and go on these forums.

The problem is, I see that same excuse about "misinformation from the feds" used all the time. Other posters said it about this or that family in New York. It seems to be an excuse to dismiss what the feds say when somebody doesn't agree with them. Again, if you don't believe Sarno was acting boss, fine, but the feds apparently believed it and that's good enough for me.

Well, the Outfit (like other families) has always been involved in burglaries.

Melrose Park is another name for the Cicero crew. The term was used in the Family Secrets case. As for Grand Avenue, if the Outfit is down to 2 or 3 crews, it seems to be the odd one out.

Wow...conversing with you is like attempting to educate a third grader on quantum physics. And it really shouldn't be. Again, this is not rocket science.

It isn't my opinion that mike sarno was never the boss. He wasn't. It is not debatable.

No one ever said the Outfit was down to 2-3 crews. Again, just pulling crap out of thin air. Grand Ave crew still occupies their same routes & social clubs daily, just as they have for years. Again, not debatable.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/18/13 04:47 AM

Wow...conversing with you is like attempting to educate a third grader on quantum physics. And it really shouldn't be. Again, this is not rocket science.

It isn't my opinion that mike sarno was never the boss. He wasn't. It is not debatable.

No one ever said the Outfit was down to 2-3 crews. Again, just pulling crap out of thin air. Grand Ave crew still occupies their same routes & social clubs daily, just as they have for years. Again, not debatable.

This is the difference between you and I. I can back up what I say with evidence. You just talk out of your ass and then repeat. You say it's not debatable because you have no ground to debate anything.

The Chicago mob once had as many as seven street crews, but is down to two or three, Rice said.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2011-...onspiracy-trial

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/18/13 05:01 AM

This is the difference between you and I. I can back up what I say with evidence. You just talk out of your ass and then repeat. You say it's not debatable because you have no ground to debate anything.

The Chicago mob once had as many as seven street crews, but is down to two or three, Rice said.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2011-...onspiracy-trial

.....yaawwwnn...

You haven't backed up anything with any type of solid evidence. Just hearsay & rumours perpetuated by people like yourself: gangster groupies who base their "information" off of absolutely nothing whatsoever.

AGAIN, no one ever thought the grand Ave crew went defunct. This was something that was never, ever up for debate.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/18/13 05:03 AM

I apologize if I'm coming across as curt/short. I'm just not particularly adept at dealing with the mentally handicapped.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/18/13 05:06 AM

.....yaawwwnn...

You haven't backed up anything with any type of solid evidence. Just hearsay & rumours perpetuated by people like yourself: gangster groupies who base their "information" off of absolutely nothing whatsoever.

AGAIN, no one ever thought the grand Ave crew went defunct. This was something that was never, ever up for debate.

I see. You claim "nobody" said the Outfit was down to 2 or 3 crews, but when I provide you with a link that shows an FBI official said that very thing in 2011, you conveniently ignore it. And on top of that, you call me a gangster groupie. As people here will tell you, that's the last thing I am. If anything, it's you who's the gangster groupie here. Just one more Outfit fan boy who comes here, pretends to have the inside scoop, and tries to pass off his opinion and wishful thinking about the Chicago mob as fact. Sorry pal, you're late to the party. Others came, tried what you're doing now, and failed.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/18/13 05:32 AM

.....yaawwwnn...

I see. You claim "nobody" said the Outfit was down to 2 or 3 crews, but when I provide you with a link that shows an FBI official said that very thing in 2011, you conveniently ignore it. And on top of that, you call me a gangster groupie. As people here will tell you, that's the last thing I am. If anything, it's you who's the gangster groupie here. Just one more Outfit fan boy who comes here, pretends to have the inside scoop, and tries to pass off his opinion and wishful thinking about the Chicago mob as fact. Sorry pal, you're late to the party. Others came, tried what you're doing now, and failed.

Do you bring anything to these forums besides babbling incoherently out of your butt?

You're a squirrely, pasty guy from Bumblefuck, Utah that is enthralled & obsessed with gangster culture. You scour over bogus fbi reports & ipsn articles like you're getting paid for it (hopefully you are). I'm sorry, but that is the absolute definition of a groupie.

Not once have I contributed my "opinion" on anything. No one ever thought that the Outfit was down to 2/3 crews. There have been four crews since the mid 90s, and that's that. It isn't something that is up for debate.

Give it up & stop taking this shit so seriously. You get your panties twisted up over absolutely nothing. You're wrong, deal with it.

On a side note, I found it amusing that someone asked your opinion on Jimmy I. Jim has never been a prominent figure in the press, and has always flown under the radar, so how would you know anything about him/his position? LOL

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/18/13 05:43 AM

Do you bring anything to these forums besides babbling incoherently out of your butt?

You're a squirrely, pasty guy from Bumblefuck, Utah that is enthralled & obsessed with gangster culture. You scour over bogus fbi reports & ipsn articles like you're getting paid for it (hopefully you are). I'm sorry, but that is the absolute definition of a groupie.

Not once have I contributed my "opinion" on anything. No one ever thought that the Outfit was down to 2/3 crews. There have been four crews since the mid 90s, and that's that. It isn't something that is up for debate.

Give it up & stop taking this shit so seriously. You get your panties twisted up over absolutely nothing. You're wrong, deal with it.

On a side note, I found it amusing that someone asked your opinion on Jimmy I. Jim has never been a prominent figure in the press, and has always flown under the radar, so how would you know anything about him/his position? LOL

A groupie (or fan boy) is someone who roots for a particular mob family or the mob in general. You're obviously an Outfit fan boy. And I'll take FBI reports, which provide real information, than bullshit from internet phonies like you any day. It's not about "taking shit seriously." It's about you not passing off your opinions as fact or acting like you speak for everybody. And now, in addition to just repeating your BS, you're misrepresenting what I said. Go back and read what I said about Inendino - that I wasn't aware of much about him other than what's been in the press in recent years. Of course, you have yet to explain how you're in a position to know about him, or Sarno, or be a better source than the feds. Also, why are you saying "nobody" ever said the Outfit was down to 2 or 3 crews? I just gave you a link that showed the FBI said that in 2011. You can keep saying "you're wrong" all you want but I have evidence to back up what I say. You've got nothing. Your credibility on this forum is already dead.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/18/13 05:51 AM

Ivy is not a gangster Groupie at all. He doesn't care or root for a home team. He's only presenting the facts given to him by the Feds over the last 10 years.
I think someone could make a better argument against some of the Feds statements from 35 years ago as being off or being exaggerated or really not accurate or misleading. I would be the first guy to say it.
However, within the last 6 to 8 years, the Feds are a lot more accurate than 30 to 35 years ago. They are not stupid.
Ivy doesn't know you, so, if he has to choose between what the Feds have told him within the last 6 years or some unknown blogger, he will always take the Feds word. I do understand him well.
As far as our fat ass friend Sarno, Ivy is correct in saying that Sarno, according to the Feds who are pretty fucking good in 2013, was the 'Acting Boss' of Cicero making him acting Boss of the Street Racket Outfit.
This is all he's saying. It doesn't mean Sarno was the most powerful Outfit guy in Cicero. However, he was probably in the top 3. That's how far down the Outfit has gone from the glory years. They are operating at about 1/4 speed, not even 1/2 speed.
Grand Ave is basically an extension of Elmwood Park. All of the top men in Elmwood Park were born and raised on Grand Ave.
Joey Lombardo and Johnny DiFronzo were very close. Joey Andriacchi is Lombardo's cousin through marriage. There really aren't many active made guys in Grand Ave anymore. I seriously doubt Albie Vena is really doing anything concerning Bookmaking, Poker Machines or Loan Sharking. Show me something.
Are there really very many Poker machines around Grand Ave? Is there really any large scale Bookmaking Franchise being run by Grand ave with a bunch of Street Agents having their players call in the action to an office in the Grand Ave area?
If the Elmwood Park Crew retreated several years ago, don't you think their first cousins on the North Side, the Grand Ave Crew, retreated with them? Don't you think Joey Lombardo, DiFronzo's closest ally before he went to prison, retreated with him? Why would ONLY DiFronzo retreat and not Lombardo?
The Grand Ave Crew, as a once powerful business organization, is relatively small in number with remaining made men and retreated years ago with DiFronzo.
Nobody said the Grand Ave is Crew is defunct, they are just smaller than Elmwood Park and they retreated years ago under Lombardo. When Lombardo got out of prison years ago, the deal was that they would let him out but he could not be seen or associate with any known Outfit members. he could get away with seeing Andriacchi, because he could argue that it was his cousin and they were Family.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/18/13 05:57 AM

Honestly Ivy and I have worked out the approximate 25 made men number ad nauseum. It fits every available piece of reliable evidence. I can repost all the links tomorrow but there is not much to debate about.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/18/13 05:59 AM

Nobody said the Grand ave is Crew is defunct, they are just smaller than Elmwood park and they retreated years ago under Lombardo. When Lombardo got out of prison years ago, the deal was that they would let him out but he could not be seen or associate with any known Outfit members. he could get away with seeing Andriacchi, because he could argue that it was his cousin and they were Family.

And that's another key point. I never said for sure that Grand Avenue is no more. But, if the Outfit is down to 2 or 3 crews, it certainly seems to be the odd one out. Whether that means it's few remaining members are with Elmwood Park or whatever, I don't know.

Bottom line, we know the FBI said in 2007 that the Outfit was being run in "northern and southern sections." And in 2011 it said the Outfit was down to "two or three crews." Other than Elmwood Park being in the northern section, and 26th Street and Cicero being in the southern section, how it all lines up is anyone's guess. I wouldn't be surprised if, eventually, 26th Street and Cicero merge into a single crew.
Posted By: SC

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/18/13 06:14 AM

Huron is on a vacation from the boards. Two days and already flaming someone.... uhwhat

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/18/13 06:17 AM

I wouldn't be surprised either. 26th St. and Cicero are First Cousins just like Grand Ave and Elmwood Park.
To be honest, some of it has happened to a certain degree. Jimmy Inendino, who owns a successful trucking Company, was made into 26th St years ago. However, he seems to be connected with Cicero like Solly D.
The Carusos, Toots, Leo & Bruno are 26th St. by tradition and years, but when push comes to shove, they take orders from Cicero. All the other guys could be 26th St. or Cicero and it really wouldn't matter. Solly D. spends a lot of time up North in Lake County which is a lot farther away from Cicero than 26th St. is from Cicero.
I'm not saying they have merged. They are two different Crews, However, it would be a natural progression from what I've seen. Cicero is the Dominant Crew and 26th St. is their partner and Sub Dominant Crew.
Posted By: Camarel

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/18/13 07:00 AM

I wouldn't be surprised either. 26th St. and Cicero are First Cousins just like Grand Ave and Elmwood Park.
To be honest, some of it has happened to a certain degree. Jimmy Inendino, who owns a successful trucking Company, was made into 26th St years ago. However, he seems to be connected with Cicero like Solly D.
The Carusos, Toots, Leo & Bruno are 26th St. by tradition and years, but when push comes to shove, they take orders from Cicero. All the other guys could be 26th St. or Cicero and it really wouldn't matter. Solly D. spends a lot of time up North in Lake County which is a lot farther away from Cicero than 26th St. is from Cicero.
I'm not saying they have merged. They are two different Crews, However, it would be a natural progression from what I've seen. Cicero is the Dominant Crew and 26th St. is their partner and Sub Dominant Crew.

I apologise for asking this if it's already been answered. Is there any chance you could produce an outfit crew bosses chart, from as far back as you can remember?

I know this is a ridiculous request, but i'm mainly referring to the top 3,as you've said!

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/18/13 08:16 AM

Outfit Hierarchy 1957 to 1966:

Paul Ricca, Taylor St.
Sam Giancana, Taylor St.
Tony Accardo, Elmwood Park

Murray Humphreys, Non-Italians
Sam Battaglia, Taylor St.
Fiore Bucciere, Taylor St.
Ross Prio, North Side
Frank LaPorte, Chicago Heights
Joey Auippa, Cicero
Jack Cerone, Elmwood Park

Outfit Hierarchy 1969-1986:

Joey Auippa, Cicero

Gus Alex, Non-Italians
Joe Ferriola, Cicero
John DiFronzo, Elmwood Park
Joey Lombardo, Grand Ave
Turk Torello, 26th St. (Angelo LaPietra 1979)
Ross Prio, North Side (DiBella 1972, Solano 1976)
Al Pilotto, Chicago Heights (Al Tocco 1983)

Outfit Hierarchy 1986 to 1992:

Sam Carlisi, Cicero (Joey Auippa Prison)
John DiFronzo, Elmwood Park (Jack Cerone Prison)

Gus Alex, Non-Italians
Joe Ferriola, Cicero (Rocky Infelice 1989)
Joe Andriacchi, Elmwood Park
Vince Solano, North Side
Al Tocco, Chicago Heights
Mooch Eboli, Grand Ave (Joey Lombardo Prison)
Jimmy LaPietra, 26th St. (Angelo LaPietra Prison)
Posted By: Camarel

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/18/13 10:06 AM

Outfit Hierarchy 1957 to 1966:

Paul Ricca, Taylor St.
Sam Giancana, Taylor St.

Murray Humphreys, Non-Italians
Sam Battaglia, Taylor St.
Fiore Bucciere, Taylor St.
Ross Prio, North Side
Frank LaPorte, Chicago Heights
Joey Auippa, Cicero

Outfit Hierarchy 1969-1986:

Joey Auippa, Cicero

Gus Alex, Non-Italians
Joe Ferriola, Cicero
John DiFronzo, Elmwood Park
Joey Lombardo, Grand Ave
Turk Torello, 26th St. (Angelo LaPietra 1979)
Ross Prio, North Side (DiBella 1972, Solano 1976)
Al Pilotto, Chicago Heights (Al Tocco 1983)

Outfit Hierarchy 1986 to 1992:

Sam Carlisi, Cicero (Joey Auippa Prison)
John DiFronzo, Elmwood Park (Jack Cerone Prison)

Gus Alex, Non-Italians
Joe Ferriola, Cicero (Rocky Infelice 1989)
Joe Andriacchi, Elmwood Park
Vince Solano, North Side
Al Tocco, Chicago Heights
Mooch Eboli, Grand Ave (Joey Lombardo Prison)
Jimmy LaPietra, 26th St. (Angelo LaPietra Prison)

Thanks alot Chicago smile .

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/18/13 10:54 AM

Wow this thread came alive last night, eh? Lol. The whole pirpose of these boards is for debate and insight. Personal Insults are soooooo uncalled for..Sooner or later just have to hope that certain ppl run out of IP addresses I guess...

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/18/13 03:13 PM

Interesting talking about all the current crews, though, how there are virtually no street busts. No bookmakers, no loan sharks, no Outfit-connected brothels.

If the millions were really pouring in you would expect to see something pop up at least once in a while.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/18/13 05:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Skinny
^^^^ to comment on the machines.... If you look at his expense sheet, hes spending like 180k a year in labor.... At first i thought repairs, but thats a different spot. For you ppl who still are lost HES SKIMMING. So while he claims 110k or whatever on his 1040 hes making about 300k, idk what he kicked up, dont know who that was/position whatever. Not that bad imo, maybe i wandered onto a forum full of billionaires. Machines are always big. Not as much with the young hip crowd... More older guys or blue collar guys. Which is why if they are in a bar its gonna be a dive or a pool hall, bowling alley... In jersey they are bigger in gas stations/corner stores and cafes. Cafes are popular places to like red said line up a rooms wall with them bc they dont have a 300,000 dollar liquor liscense to lose when they get caught. Big in social clubs... They used to have special just machine clubs that looked like those video arcade places they legalized in fla. Im sure you probly had a dozen of so in your area red haha

Skinny the money in machines is in credit imho the legalized machines help out the ilegal one cos the old ppls can't afford to keep droppin quarters, believe it or not many of those spanish bodegas (little stores) have a machine in them.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/18/13 06:20 PM

What I don't get is this need to make a 50 year ol guy wearing italian tags driving cadillac. most the ppl I know are to old like myself who gets up a couple a times at night to use the batroom. It's thier grandkids that run them machines. youse remember them bubble gum machines in the 90's drop a quarter get a piece of gum. This puerto rican that know makes $100-200 a day on just one machine hes got in his bodega not bad for a days woik. an the kids run and fix the machine. why please tell me do I need an ol plug fir? theres is not one outfit guy here in chigago that is lookin to open the books for some middle aged fart livin off a pension.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/18/13 06:38 PM

I don't totally understand your post but I don't think there is any reliable evidence that Chicago has made anybody in years.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/18/13 10:25 PM

All in all a DAMN GOOD THREAD...:) Apart from Huron/Riccobene's/Elmwood Parker insulting people...Chicago was as informative as ever ( Thank you, Sir )...:), Ivy again did a splendid job of asking leave to file his appearance on behalf of the Federal Government ( Thank you, Sir)....:). I think you both are right in saying that Cicero & 26th Street will eventually merge. Someone brought up how in some ways this has already started to happen. I also feel that no matter how "White Collar" Johnny has made Elmwood Park, don't think for a second that he and his guys don't have plenty of guys independent of Cicero to call upon if muscle were to be needed.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/18/13 10:29 PM

@johnnynonos

why would u think that criminals stopped being criminals?

i'm sure they've made some people within the last 10 years

@ivyleague

do you have any clue how many communities are on the southside?

it's too much shit going on in the southburbs alone for that crew to evaporate

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/18/13 11:29 PM

12th St. Correct. Albie Vena, Porky etc.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/18/13 11:32 PM

Spina is a grand ave guy as well. Do you know when Spano gets out Chicago?

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/19/13 12:03 AM

12th St. Correct. Albie Vena, Porky etc.

How old are those guys, though? 60s at least?

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/19/13 01:04 AM

Nicky I think Spano is already out and has been out( not to be confused with Spina)...@Johnny, Porky is like in his 70's but Vena is in his 50's. @Chicago, AGREED !!! That's what those Grand Avenue guys are for nowadays I think...To keep the wolves away..

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/19/13 01:47 AM

@ivyleague

Well, if history is any guide, we've seen the Outfit go from 6 or 7 crews, down to 4, and now apparently 2 or 3 crews. So I don't find it completely out of the realm of possibility that eventually Cicero and 26th Street could become a single crew.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/19/13 04:48 AM

@ivyleague

Well, if history is any guide, we've seen the Outfit go from 6 or 7 crews, down to 4, and now apparently 2 or 3 crews. So I don't find it completely out of the realm of possibility that eventually Cicero and 26th Street could become a single crew.

so you don't think anybody is gonna get made in that area?

even though there are more than plenty Italians in those areas

all it takes is one knucklehead to find three knuckleheads to find 9 knuckleheads

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/19/13 04:52 AM

all it takes is one knucklehead to find three knuckleheads to find 9 knuckleheads

New guys could still be made but not enough to keep up with those who die off. Again, there's a reason the Outfit has 25-30 members today, while it was estimated to have about 70 back in the late 1990's.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/19/13 05:09 AM

New guys could still be made but not enough to keep up with those who die off. Again, there's a reason the Outfit has 25-30 members today, while it was estimated to have about 70 back in the late 1990's.

according to credible posters the outfit has historically been smaller than 70 guys

they could make 10 fucking people next week and we'd never hear about it

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/19/13 05:31 AM

according to credible posters the outfit has historically been smaller than 70 guys

OK, let's go with the list of 47 names of Outfit made members the FBI released to the local media back in the early 2000's (if I remember right). Either way, there's been a definite decline in membership, as well as overall size.

Quote:

Sorry, I don't go by hypotheticals.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/19/13 05:37 AM

OK, let's go with the list of 47 names of Outfit made members the FBI released to the local media back in the early 2000's (if I remember right). Either way, there's been a definite decline in membership, as well as overall size.

Quote:

Sorry, I don't go by hypotheticals.

saying that you don't go by hypotheticals is a major contradiction

thinking nobody gets made is a theory

they don't need 70 guys......all they need is a good 30-40 now-a-days

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/19/13 05:50 AM

So, let's see. Who am I going to believe? Cook County, an Outfit Fanboy or the F.B.I. who had John DiFronzo so scared that he quit years ago? Boy, that's a difficult decision.
I think I'll go with the F.B.I. who estimated 28 made guys and the Outfit being divided into two sections, the North and the South. From inside information, personal observation and the F.B.I., I would agree with that assessment.

Cook County, you don't know anything about Giancana or Taylor St. Absolutely nothing. My Father was Chuckie English. You don't have a fucking clue as to how Giancana or any of his men came up in the Outfit.
You're also a 'Hothead' as proven by your comments during the Zimmerman trial.

You also know nothing about the Outfit in 2013. All you are talking about are theories based on the past. I'll be honest with you, not only are you annoying, but you're insulting on top of it and you do it on purpose for attention.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/19/13 05:57 AM

saying that you don't go by hypotheticals is a major contradiction

thinking nobody gets made is a theory

they don't need 70 guys......all they need is a good 30-40 now-a-days

When did I say nobody gets made? I said they likely won't be able to make enough guys to stave off attrition.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/19/13 06:04 AM

Its possible the outfit can merge into one crew being ran like a single family in the future, I guess less guys the top boss have to see

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/19/13 06:05 AM

So, let's see. Who am I going to believe? Cook County, an Outfit Fanboy or the F.B.I. who had John DiFronzo so scared that he quit years ago? Boy, that's a difficult decision.
I think I'll go with the F.B.I. who estimated 28 made guys and the Outfit being divided into two sections, the North and the South. From inside information, personal observation and the F.B.I., I would agree with that assessment.

Cook County, you don't know anything about Giancana or Taylor St. Absolutely nothing. My Father was Chuckie English. You don't have a fucking clue as to how Giancana or any of his men came up in the Outfit.
You're also a 'Hothead' as proven by your comments during the Zimmerman trial.

You also know nothing about the Outfit in 2013. All you are talking about are theories based on the past. I'll be honest with you, not only are you annoying, but you're insulting on top of it and you do it on purpose for attention.

giancana's reign was kinda short lived

in order to take over the outfit in those days you'd have to be very violent

I don't think guys in Chicago drank themselves silly after taylor street fell off

you even posted that taylor street guys took over other areas

the outfit moved on after paul ricca and they definetly moved along with giancana

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/19/13 06:13 AM

Giancana succeeded Ricca. Ricca semi-retired and Giancana took over as Boss of the West Side Crew which became known as the Taylor St Crew.
He didn't kill anybody and take over like John Gotti. You are really mixed up.
Posted By: BarrettM

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/20/13 03:37 AM

Found this on ANP today.

Quote:
Please note that I refer to both men as ‘alleged’ killers, unlike in previous articles when I flat out called Outfit Boss John DiFronzo a killer, because Amabile and my father are deceased and therefore unable to defend themselves.

God Fosco is a tool.
Posted By: mulberry

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/20/13 04:36 AM

The FBI report says there were 70 made guys in Chicago in the late 1990's. Does anyone have a list of those guys? Then we can work backwards and mark off the guys who have died or are doing life. From there, add any guys who are known to have been made since then. There's your magic number.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/20/13 04:49 AM

It's not that complicated. The FBI said 25-30 several times around Family Secrets. The only credible argument that that wasn't the case was Nick Calabrese reportedly identifying 60 made guys, but we found a Chuck Goudie report when he qualified that by saying "...many of them still out on the streets." Meaning Nick had likely identified, in the ealy 2000s when he flipped, 60 made guys total--living, dead, in prison. The FBI figure of 25-30 was released around 2007, so later anyway.

Facto in everyone dead or in prison from the 28 number since 2007 and you the likely looking at low-mid 20s.
Posted By: PP

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/20/13 05:14 AM

It's not that complicated. The FBI said 25-30 several times around Family Secrets. The only credible argument that that wasn't the case was Nick Calabrese reportedly identifying 60 made guys, but we found a Chuck Goudie report when he qualified that by saying "...many of them still out on the streets." Meaning Nick had likely identified, in the ealy 2000s when he flipped, 60 made guys total--living, dead, in prison. The FBI figure of 25-30 was released around 2007, so later anyway.

Facto in everyone dead or in prison from the 28 number since 2007 and you the likely looking at low-mid 20s.

Would Nick Calabrese or any soldier know every made guy in the Outfit? Didn't he have testimony where he was at events (Murders, etc) with people he didn't know at the time?

Not trying to be a fan boy or trying to say there are 100 made guys. Just asking an honest question.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/20/13 05:44 AM

During the reign of Giancana, there were about 75 guys that were in the upper echelon of the Outfit. This included the Non-Italians which constituted about 8 or 10 guys.

During the Auippa/Cerone years, there were about 60 to 65 upper echelon Outfit guys with the Non-Italians being around 5 or 6.

In the late 1990's, the estimate of 70 made guys included guys in prison.
Nick Calabrese's estimate of 60 was only a guess because HE WAS IN PRISON and was only giving an estimate.

In 2007, the Feds estimated 28. Take the 28 figure, subtract some guys who died, and add on a handful who were made by Cicero AFTER 2007 and you're looking at about 30 MAXIMUM.

However, a few of them are very prominent guys who have retreated from the street rackets.

Traditionally, Made guys in Chicago, including some Non-Italian men, were always in charge of something. They didn't go out and do what ever they wanted and just kicked up money.
They all had specific roles like in a large Corporation.
Each man was in charge of a Gambling, Loan Sharking or Union Activity as their main role. Sometimes they did other things also on the side with the knowledge of their Boss.

Many of the made guys were in charge of Wards in Chicago. Within the different Wards, Juice Bankers were free to ply their trade. Generally the made men made the Payoffs in their specific area. They were many times referred to as "Street Bosses". The men above them were " Area Bosses".
the men below the made guys were referred to as soldiers or crew members because they worked full time under a made guy and belonged to him and his Boss. The guys who did business with the Outfit on the street level were called "street associates". These would have been the 25% street bookies and the tavern owners who partnered with a particular Crew.

I hope this helps. it's not easy explaining something that involves a lot of people and has a lot of different dynamics going on at the same time. This is a general overview.

Posted By: Sonny_Black

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/20/13 05:56 AM

In the late 1990's, the estimate of 70 made guys included guys in prison.

Made guys in prison or not, they're always to be included in the estimate as you do not loose your made guy status when you go to prison.

So now that being said, the question arises: how many made guys (including those in prison) did the Outfit have at its peak?

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/20/13 06:06 AM

You don't lose your made status when you go to prison, but if you are gone for a real long time, you lose a lot of what you had on the street. That's what matters. What good does it do someone like Jimmy Marcello who was in prison for 8 or 10 years, got out temporarily, and then went back to prison for good. He's a made guy in prison. So what?

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/20/13 04:44 PM

You don't lose your made status when you go to prison, but if you are gone for a real long time, you lose a lot of what you had on the street. That's what matters. What good does it do someone like Jimmy Marcello who was in prison for 8 or 10 years, got out temporarily, and then went back to prison for good. He's a made guy in prison. So what?

So how many made guys in total do you think the Outfit had at its peak?

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/20/13 11:24 PM

Read my posting above. After the Capone era, it was probably during the Giancana era. Maybe 75 guys in the upper echelon and maybe 300 or so full time soldiers working under them.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/21/13 03:19 PM

Chicago,

Just to clarify one thing, they said Nick Calabrese had "identified" 60 made guys. He definitely could have been guessing, but I interpreted it to mean he was naming names.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/21/13 04:59 PM

Read my posting above. After the Capone era, it was probably during the Giancana era. Maybe 75 guys in the upper echelon and maybe 300 or so full time soldiers working under them.

And besides the "soldiers" there were also "associates"?

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/21/13 05:40 PM

The Soldiers were Associates. There were different kinds of Associates in Chicago.

Soldier/Associates: Full time working members of crews who worked under made guys.

Street/ Associates: People who did business with the Outfit on the street level. 25% Bookies, tavern owners (poker machines)etc.

High Level/ Associates: People controlled by The Outfit on a higher level: Politicians, Judges, Policemen.
Posted By: Mmalioni

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/21/13 06:04 PM

It's likely that the Outfit has about 35-50 "made" guys with another 35-50 high ranking Associates. Taking out those in prison, it's probably 25 "made" guys on the street and another 40 associates.

Yet, the new Outfit is also part time. A lot of the Cicero/26th Street guys are even involved in legitimate businesses. No longer can you make a career out of doing Outfit business alone due to money and IRS pressures.

I don't think the Outfit will go away anytime soon, but it may become more like Philly, where a lot of the younger guys hold real jobs and do mob work on a part time basis (yes I know sounds funny). Rather than run book or shy 10 hours a day, a lot of the newer guys hold real jobs and run book or shy on the side. Contrast this to NY/NJ where most of the guys are 100% employed by the Mob.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/21/13 06:17 PM

There is no way there is 50 made guys. There is nowhere close to 20 or 25 made Outfit guys in jail, for one.

What made guys are in the joint besides Lombardo and Marcello?

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/21/13 06:28 PM

Lombardo, Marcello, Bellavia, Marino, Spano?, etc.

Assume 35-40 made guys. Then 10 are in the can. 25-30 on the street and most are older.

There is no way there is 50 made guys. There is nowhere close to 20 or 25 made Outfit guys in jail, for one.

What made guys are in the joint besides Lombardo and Marcello?

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/21/13 06:34 PM

Ok that's 5. Name the other 5.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/21/13 06:42 PM

Jerry Scalise, Robert Pullia, Art Rachel are 3 more.

Ok that's 5. Name the other 5.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/21/13 06:44 PM

Rudy Fratto is 9.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/21/13 06:45 PM

Where did you ever read Scalise and Rachel are made?

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/21/13 07:18 PM

Scalise, Rachel and Pullia were associates and skilled burglars but they were not made guys. How do I know this??? My father was also a member of that crew. That crew made headlines in the 80's and 90's along with its leader - a guy named Bobby Siegel. They became known as the Hanhardt Burglary Crew after the crooked ass Chief of Detectives in the Chicago PD that often tipped them off to big scores...

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/21/13 09:31 PM

The Soldiers were Associates. There were different kinds of Associates in Chicago.

Soldier/Associates: Full time working members of crews who worked under made guys.

Street/ Associates: People who did business with the Outfit on the street level. 25% Bookies, tavern owners (poker machines)etc.

High Level/ Associates: People controlled by The Outfit on a higher level: Politicians, Judges, Policemen.

So it is safe to say that the total number of Outfit associates were comparable to those of the New York families?

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/21/13 09:49 PM

Today's Outfit has no more than 30 made guys and maybe 100 to 120 full time soldier/associates. We've already gone through this many times. The Feds in 2007 said 28. Figure a couple guys died since then and Cicero made a few and you're at 30 maximum.

The Outfit during Auippa/Cerone era was double the size.
Posted By: Five_Felonies

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/21/13 10:13 PM

chicago, its great having you here. besides the wealth of info that you have, it equally nice to see certain posters forced to shut up with all of the overblown hypotheticals that they have spewed for so long. they might still try, but at least now they will be forced to explain themselves rather than trying to confuse people by twisting words and facts. i'm not naming any names, but most people are aware of the dopes in question... cool

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/21/13 10:21 PM

Thank You. The problem is that there are a few guys that WANT the Outfit to be bigger than life like it was years ago. But, it's not.
The Outfit years ago was like the Beatles.
The Outfit of today is Ringo Starr singing Yellow Submarine.

Big difference wouldn't you say?

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/21/13 10:25 PM

Originally Posted By: mulberry
The FBI report says there were 70 made guys in Chicago in the late 1990's. Does anyone have a list of those guys? Then we can work backwards and mark off the guys who have died or are doing life. From there, add any guys who are known to have been made since then. There's your magic number.

That 70 member figure in the late 1990's was just a general estimate from the Chicago Crime Commission.

Today's Outfit has no more than 30 made guys and maybe 100 to 120 full time soldier/associates. We've already gone through this many times. The Feds in 2007 said 28. Figure a couple guys died since then and Cicero made a few and you're at 30 maximum.

Yup. And that 25-30 member figure given in recent years, by a few different FBI officials in Chicago, was total. Not just active on the street.

Is it possible that some members are flying under the radar? Perhaps. But certainly not a significant number in this day and age. Certainly not enough to warrant people making up their own figures...40, 50, etc.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/21/13 10:34 PM

Thank You. The problem is that there are a few guys that WANT the Outfit to be bigger than life like it was years ago. But, it's not.
The Outfit years ago was like the Beatles.
The Outfit of today is Ringo Starr singing Yellow Submarine.

Big difference wouldn't you say?
LOL I don't get it....I really don't...I only cheer for the Hawks and the Bears and the Sox like that...I think people who know somebody just wanna feel important because they a guy who knows a guy who is powerful, I guess...I'm a PROUD Italian-American...I make gravy with neckbones and salsiccia every Sunday lol I don't get how cheering for your hometown Mafia Family or any Mafia family makes one more of a paisan...

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/21/13 10:56 PM

Scalise, Rachel and Pullia were associates and skilled burglars but they were not made guys. How do I know this??? My father was also a member of that crew. That crew made headlines in the 80's and 90's along with its leader - a guy named Bobby Siegel. They became known as the Hanhardt Burglary Crew after the crooked ass Chief of Detectives in the Chicago PD that often tipped them off to big scores...

That's some crazy ish!

Bobby The Beak testified in Family Secrets. If I remember correctly they were going to kill him for the breaking into Accardo house thing, but they changed their mind. Someone sat him down and said that they had decided to kill one thief from every ethnicity to make a point to the underworld, and he happened to be the Jew. But they let him live, ultimately.

It's been a while since I read Family Secrets, but it's all in there.

That book is a circus. Other characters who testifed included Red Wilmette, the porn shop owner, and a few other Damon Runyan-esque people who came out of the woodwork from Chicago's underworld of 40 years ago.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/21/13 11:51 PM

I am not an Outfit groupie. I could care less about the size of the Outfit, I don't even live in Chicago anymore. I am just interested in the subject matter because of where I was born and raised. There's no question that the Outfit is very weak compared to NY and is pretty much become a part time mob.

So assume 25 made men. 5 or so are in federal prison. That's 20 on the street. Off the top of my head the 25 are:

1) John Difronzo 2) Peter Difronzo 3) Joe Andriacchi 4) Joseph Lombardo 5) James Marcello 6) Robert Bellavia 7) Louis Marino 8) Michael Sarno 9) Sal Cautadella 10) Solly D 11) Jimmy Inendino 12) Frank Caruso 13) Albert Vena 14) Michael Marcello 15) Bruno Caruso 16) Marco D'Amico 17) Tony Dote 18) Sal Cecola 19) Rudy Fratto. There has to more than them.

Of the high level Associates, assume 20 on the street.

But then where do guys like Urbinatti, the Galiotos, Rocco Lombardo, Carlo Dote, Rick Rizzolo all fit into this picture.

I would venture a guess as to say there are 25 men whom the FBI thinks are active in Chicago with another 25 high level active Associates. But I think there are far more part timers.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/22/13 06:43 AM

Originally Posted By: Mmalioni
I am not an Outfit groupie. I could care less about the size of the Outfit, I don't even live in Chicago anymore. I am just interested in the subject matter because of where I was born and raised. There's no question that the Outfit is very weak compared to NY and is pretty much become a part time mob.

So assume 25 made men. 5 or so are in federal prison. That's 20 on the street. Off the top of my head the 25 are:

1) John Difronzo 2) Peter Difronzo 3) Joe Andriacchi 4) Joseph Lombardo 5) James Marcello 6) Robert Bellavia 7) Louis Marino 8) Michael Sarno 9) Sal Cautadella 10) Solly D 11) Jimmy Inendino 12) Frank Caruso 13) Albert Vena 14) Michael Marcello 15) Bruno Caruso 16) Marco D'Amico 17) Tony Dote 18) Sal Cecola 19) Rudy Fratto. There has to more than them.

Of the high level Associates, assume 20 on the street.

But then where do guys like Urbinatti, the Galiotos, Rocco Lombardo, Carlo Dote, Rick Rizzolo all fit into this picture.

I would venture a guess as to say there are 25 men whom the FBI thinks are active in Chicago with another 25 high level active Associates. But I think there are far more part timers.

I guess my point is, why do we need to get into assumptions when the FBI has recently cited 25-30 made members and a little over 100 associates?

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/22/13 06:57 AM

Mmalioni,
You basically named most of them. What you have to remember is that even if there are let's say 30 made guys, they are not all active for one reason or another. The DiFronzo Brothers retreated along with Andriacchi and D'Amico. A couple other guys are deactivated and are earning legitimately somehow someway with Elmwood Park.
If you really want to count how many active guys are on the street involved in the street rackets, it's no more than 20.
You're talking about Cicero, 26th St. and maybe a handful of guys from Grand Ave and Elmwood Park who may be working with them.
So, If Cicero has 9 guys, 26th St has 7, and there are 4 from the North Side, you're talking about maybe 20 Made active guys who have Soldier/Associates working under them. That would be about right. About 1/3 of the active guys compared to the Auippa/Cerone years with LESS THAN 1/3 of the Political Power.

That puts the Current Outfit operating at about 20% of what they did with Auippa/Cerone who were a little less than Giancana's reign.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/22/13 02:34 PM

Not sure if this was directed at me, but I was talking about the Outfit during its height. Again, is it safe to say that the total number of Outfit associates (soldiers, street associates, high-level associates) was comparable to those of the New York families?

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/22/13 03:32 PM

Mmalioni,
You basically named most of them. What you have to remember is that even if there are let's say 30 made guys, they are not all active for one reason or another. The DiFronzo Brothers retreated along with Andriacchi and D'Amico. A couple other guys are deactivated and are earning legitimately somehow someway with Elmwood Park.
If you really want to count how many active guys are on the street involved in the street rackets, it's no more than 20.
You're talking about Cicero, 26th St. and maybe a handful of guys from Grand Ave and Elmwood Park who may be working with them.
So, If Cicero has 9 guys, 26th St has 7, and there are 4 from the North Side, you're talking about maybe 20 Made active guys who have Soldier/Associates working under them. That would be about right. About 1/3 of the active guys compared to the Auippa/Cerone years with LESS THAN 1/3 of the Political Power.

That puts the Current Outfit operating at about 20% of what they did with Auippa/Cerone who were a little less than Giancana's reign.

With 4 crews, there has to be more than 5 made guys in a crew. To me, it's just difficult to comprehend how they would let it get that small. Assuming Elmwood Park has retreated and all of the active made guys from Northside are in Grand Avenue, why would Cicero/26th Street go along with such a small Outfit?

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/22/13 03:37 PM

Where are the street busts? Show me the Outfit connected bookies, loan sharks, car thieves being busted, the corrupt cops ocassionally being sniffed out by IA, the jewelry heists, the video poker busts... where are they?

When someone like Spilotro was in Vegas he was being constantly indicted and his guys were being thrown in the can all the time.

Even someone like Murray Humphries was constantly having to ward off the feds.

How many times was Harry Aleman arrested? Twenty?

I can accept the fact that the Outfit has gotten a lot smarter and even that the feds don't care about it as much, or perhaps at all, but the complete lack of street level arrests suggests activity is pretty low IMO.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/22/13 04:19 PM

Don't forget Chicago Heights. But you could probably include that with bp

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/22/13 07:53 PM

Mmalioni,
Go back and read all the previous postings in the Chicago threads and you will then have a better idea.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/22/13 09:49 PM

With 4 crews, there has to be more than 5 made guys in a crew. To me, it's just difficult to comprehend how they would let it get that small. Assuming Elmwood Park has retreated and all of the active made guys from Northside are in Grand Avenue, why would Cicero/26th Street go along with such a small Outfit?

People keeping referring to those 4 crews, which were cited in 2007, but more recently (2011) one FBI official said the Outfit was down to "two or three" crews. In addition, there are said to be "a little over 100 associates." So going by those numbers, with the 25-30 made members, you're looking at about a total manpower of 150.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/22/13 10:00 PM

Chicago and Ivy League, is there like a Memorex button or a pasting mechanism so you two don't ALWAYS have to repeat yourselves??????? LOL You guys bring too damn much to the threads to CONSTANTLY have to repeat yourselves to EVERY delusional Outfit groupie out here lol

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/22/13 10:02 PM

Chicago, why don't you answer my question? Some of you say that the Outfit at its height rivaled or even surpassed the New York families. Each of the New York families had a total workforce of over a thousand men, including associates, so I assume the Outfit must have had this as well in order for them to rival these families...

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/22/13 10:03 PM

The outfit is going the way of the Dinosaurs extinct.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/22/13 10:15 PM

Originally Posted By: F_white
I wouldn't go THAT far, man..They'll always be around in some capacity Chicago is too big a city but it amuses me that soooooooooo many just can't and/or won't accept that they are a SHADOW of what they were 30 years ago. WHY IS THAT SO IMPORTANT TO PEOPLE???? Jimmy Inendino in Cicero is a capable leader but he is 70 years old...Apart from Solly DeLaurentis, WHO ELSE IS REALLY LEFT with that kind of street cred that is ACTUALLY on the street?? NOBODY...

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/22/13 10:17 PM

Chicago and Ivy League, is there like a Memorex button or a pasting mechanism so you two don't ALWAYS have to repeat yourselves??????? LOL You guys bring too damn much to the threads to CONSTANTLY have to repeat yourselves to EVERY delusional Outfit groupie out here lol

I keep hoping there won't be any more but they just keep coming. whistle

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/22/13 10:39 PM

12thstreet,

Total agree people can think or wont think that the outfit is so weak.Because of the strong history it once had.
Posted By: Tony_Pro

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/22/13 11:08 PM

Quote:

You should just start cutting and pasting from other threads lol

It's funny how people pump other people who've actually known the players involved for information and when it doesn't match up to their fantasies or what they've read in books that are half filled with JFK conspiracy talk, then suddenly it's BULLSHIT.

Guys, get a grip.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/22/13 11:32 PM

I wouldn't go THAT far, man..They'll always be around in some capacity Chicago is too big a city but it amuses me that soooooooooo many just can't and/or won't accept that they are a SHADOW of what they were 30 years ago. WHY IS THAT SO IMPORTANT TO PEOPLE???? Jimmy Inendino in Cicero is a capable leader but he is 70 years old...Apart from Solly DeLaurentis, WHO ELSE IS REALLY LEFT with that kind of street cred that is ACTUALLY on the street?? NOBODY...

nick feriolla is young and he proved that he can be trusted

elmwoodparker claimed that feriolla is now hooked up with d'amico

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/23/13 01:13 AM

No Cook County, Ferriola is hooked up with the Vice Lords. He sells crack on the street corner.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/23/13 02:02 AM

Sonny Black, Ivy and I never said Chicago at it's Height ever surpassed any of the New York Families. We said they were comparable. Chicago had less made men by design but had a lot of associates and tremendous political clout and represented all the Families west of the Mississippi on the Commission. they were allied with Genovese Family which I've now stated for the 5th time. LOL. Maybe I'm wrong, but it sounds like you want to debate it and I really don't care to debate it.
It's not and never was 'PISSING Contest' between Chicago and any of the New York Families. The only people trying to make it into a 'PISSING Contest' are a few of these bloggers. I hope I answered your question. Anymore questions from anyone throwing out numbers, I respectfully take the 5th. LOL.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/23/13 04:48 AM

Chicago and New York were never really competing. New York controlled the East Coast including Florida, Cuba and Atlantic City. Chicago had Las Vegas and the Los Angeles. Power was relative to each area. Chicago, due to the corruption in the city, likely had more political clout within Chicago than New York Families did in New York.

Think about it this way. Giancana told the NY Families that they should have done the 1957 meeting in Chicago because law enforcement was under their control.

The Outfit controlled police chiefs all over the suburbs and even the Chief of Detectives in Chicago was an Outfit guy. I think it was fairly recent when the Elmwood Park or Melrose Park Police Chief was outed as an Outfit Associate.

Next, turn to the court system. Judge Mahoney. Enough said. He walked Spilotro at a bench trial. Alan Masters, attorney at law. Operations Greylord, Gambat and Silver Spoon.

City politics: Pat Marcy and Fred Roti. Marcy was a Democratic Party leader and Roti was a City Councilman and made man in the Outfit.

New York didn't have the clout at the highest levels of government although due to city size, it didn't matter. New York's 5 families were extremely powerful and still are powerful in certain neighborhoods and in South Florida.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/23/13 05:49 PM

Sonny Black, Ivy and I never said Chicago at it's Height ever surpassed any of the New York Families. We said they were comparable. Chicago had less made men by design but had a lot of associates and tremendous political clout and represented all the Families west of the Mississippi on the Commission. they were allied with Genovese Family which I've now stated for the 5th time. LOL. Maybe I'm wrong, but it sounds like you want to debate it and I really don't care to debate it.
It's not and never was 'PISSING Contest' between Chicago and any of the New York Families. The only people trying to make it into a 'PISSING Contest' are a few of these bloggers. I hope I answered your question. Anymore questions from anyone throwing out numbers, I respectfully take the 5th. LOL.

My question was directed to you only. I also did not say that you said that the Outfit surpassed the Five Families, that was someone else.

I'm also not looking for a debate on who's more powerful because I do believe that the Outfit at its height was comparable to at least the three smaller New York families. I stated that long before you ever joined this board. I was only asking you for a confirmation whether the Outfit's TOTAL workforce was comparable to a New York family as I personally believe it must have been...

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/23/13 07:33 PM

Sonny Black, Ivy and I never said Chicago at it's Height ever surpassed any of the New York Families. We said they were comparable.

For the record, I said a good argument could be made that they were comparable.

Chicago and New York were never really competing. New York controlled the East Coast including Florida, Cuba and Atlantic City. Chicago had Las Vegas and the Los Angeles. Power was relative to each area. Chicago, due to the corruption in the city, likely had more political clout within Chicago than New York Families did in New York.

Think about it this way. Giancana told the NY Families that they should have done the 1957 meeting in Chicago because law enforcement was under their control.

The Outfit controlled police chiefs all over the suburbs and even the Chief of Detectives in Chicago was an Outfit guy. I think it was fairly recent when the Elmwood Park or Melrose Park Police Chief was outed as an Outfit Associate.

Next, turn to the court system. Judge Mahoney. Enough said. He walked Spilotro at a bench trial. Alan Masters, attorney at law. Operations Greylord, Gambat and Silver Spoon.

City politics: Pat Marcy and Fred Roti. Marcy was a Democratic Party leader and Roti was a City Councilman and made man in the Outfit.

New York didn't have the clout at the highest levels of government although due to city size, it didn't matter. New York's 5 families were extremely powerful and still are powerful in certain neighborhoods and in South Florida.

We're all aware of these past political connections of the Outfit. However, whenever people cite them, especially when making comparisons, one can't help but get the feeling those same people aren't aware of mob-related political corruption in New York/New Jersey. They're so busy trying to make a case for Chicago that they've never bothered to do any research outside that city.

Ever heard of Tammany Hall? James Hines? Christy Sullivan? Hugo Rogers? Carmine DeSapio? Frank Rossetti (Manhattan Democratic chairman)? Meade Esposito (Brooklyn Democratic boss)? Joseph Galiber (Democratic state senator)? Stanley Friedman (Bronx Democratic leader)? Paul Victor (Bronx Democratic chairman)? Mob-related corruption in New Jersey has been even worse down through the years - from Newark Mayor Hugh Addonizio to Governor James E. McGreevey - and there are literally too many to name.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/23/13 08:26 PM

Can someone answer why is the Outfit a hot button topic with so many people?

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/23/13 08:54 PM

I have no idea. The funny part is how a couple of guys identify their whole personal identity with how big or powerful the Outfit is TODAY. Even a Black guy was doing it and the Outfit guys generally hated Black people!
I think a couple of guys just won't accept that the once mighty Outfit is not mighty anymore. I AM amazed by it.
Posted By: Faithful1

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/23/13 09:21 PM

There's a lot of nostalgia for guys like Capone, Ricca, Giancana, Accardo, etc, and there's a silly pride attached to whichever crime family is bigger, more powerful, etc, like "my family is better than yours!"

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/23/13 09:31 PM

It all foolishness!

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/23/13 11:19 PM

@ivyleague

why are you bringing up tammany hall from the early 1900s?

chicago is more crooked than new york and it's just that simple

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/23/13 11:52 PM

@ivyleague

why are you bringing up tammany hall from the early 1900s?

chicago is more crooked than new york and it's just that simple

You basically made my point for me. Tammany Hall went up into the 1960's. Costello was pulling the strings in the 1950's and before. And you, as a Chicago guy, hardly have any room about bringing up info from the past. Chicago being more crooked than New York or New Jersey is debatable. In terms of mob-related corruption, certainly not more corrupt than Jersey. And even in New York, I think that there were no single big mob cases, where multiple crooked pols, judges, lawyers, etc. were rounded up (like Greylord and Gambit) gives the false impression there wasn't much of that there.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/24/13 12:19 AM

Sonny Black, Ivy and I never said Chicago at it's Height ever surpassed any of the New York Families. We said they were comparable.

For the record, I said a good argument could be made that they were comparable.

We're all aware of these past political connections of the Outfit. However, whenever people cite them, especially when making comparisons, one can't help but get the feeling those same people aren't aware of mob-related political corruption in New York/New Jersey. They're so busy trying to make a case for Chicago that they've never bothered to do any research outside that city.

Ever heard of Tammany Hall? James Hines? Christy Sullivan? Hugo Rogers? Carmine DeSapio? Frank Rossetti (Manhattan Democratic chairman)? Meade Esposito (Brooklyn Democratic boss)? Joseph Galiber (Democratic state senator)? Stanley Friedman (Bronx Democratic leader)? Paul Victor (Bronx Democratic chairman)? Mob-related corruption in New Jersey has been even worse down through the years - from Newark Mayor Hugh Addonizio to Governor James E. McGreevey - and there are literally too many to name.

Nearly all of your examples, McGreevey excluded, are from the 1960s and prior.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/24/13 01:17 AM

Nearly all of your examples, McGreevey excluded, are from the 1960s and prior.

Meade, Friedman, Galiber, and Victor held their positions into the 1980's. Some other examples include Jersey Congressman Neil Gallagher, who held his position into the 1970's. William Musto was Union City mayor into the 1980's. Peter Rodino was a Congressman into the 1980's. You should read the book The Soprano State.
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/24/13 01:32 AM

Because this is on OC Forum. And people have different views. And some may come from Chicago.

Its really not that hard.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/24/13 01:35 AM

Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Because this is on OC Forum. And people have different views. And some may come from Chicago.

Its really not that hard.

The problem is, some of those from Chicago let that fact warp their objectivity and viewpoint.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/24/13 01:51 AM

Amen, Brother, Amen.
SOME People from Chicago should not let the power or lack of Power of the Current Outfit in 2013 determine their self worth as a person. LOL.
Example only:
If some juice collector years ago beat the fuck out of their father because he was behind on payments, they wouldn't attach their self worth to the Ooutfit so much but instead would step back and look at it logically and realistically rather than romantically.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/24/13 02:25 AM

SonnyBlackstein

A smart mouth will get your jaw broke,this the shit im talking about.

F_White.
Posted By: vinnietoothpicks26

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/24/13 02:27 AM

LOL. F_ White is gonna break your jaw. Uh oh. Run for cover everybody!

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/24/13 02:32 AM

vinnietoothpicks26

DumbASS!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: LittleNicky

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/24/13 02:33 AM

LOL im really scared of internet tough guy dipshit F_white.

Sonny stated the facts. Respect.
Posted By: SC

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/24/13 02:40 AM

Originally Posted By: LittleNicky
LOL im really scared of internet tough guy dipshit F_white.

Not allowed here. Think about it for a week.
Posted By: Snakes

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/29/13 01:16 PM

Found this earlier today. It's a chart the Chicago Crime Commission put out in 1997 purporting to show the Outfit's organization. Can't speak for the accuracy but found it interesting, nonetheless.

http://www.laborers.org/OutfitChart.html

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/29/13 01:55 PM

That's from the Chicago Crime Commission in 1997 which was a few years before they ever talked to Nick Calabrese.
It is not from the F.B.I. and it is not really accurate because it doesn't spell out the 4 street Crews.
The real structure of the Outfit always revolved around Street Crews. in 1997, there were 4 Crews.
Elmwood Park, John DiFronzo
Grand Ave, Joey Lombardo
Cicero, Jimmy Marcello (jail)
26th St, Angelo LaPietra

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/29/13 02:06 PM

The Heights Crew was gone by 97, Chicago? So basically they were under LaPietra and then Johnny Apes you think?

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/29/13 02:13 PM

Yes, a couple of the guys from the old Heights Crew were with 26th St or Cicero in 1997. It was pretty much over down there. Angelo LaPietra was out of jail in 1997. Johnny Apes took over in 1999 at 26th St.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/30/13 02:05 AM

Maybe this have been answer but who the hell is the boss of the Outfit today if John is retired?
Posted By: bobbytran

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/30/13 02:15 AM

todays oufit consisted of a white t-shirt, black shorts, and black shoes.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/30/13 02:30 AM

Cicero: Jimmy Inendino, Sal Cataudella.
26Th St: Frank Caruso.

Re: Today's Outfit - 07/30/13 02:53 AM

Thank you Sir
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET