Home

Philly on Solid Ground

Posted By: ovation32

Philly on Solid Ground - 07/15/13 08:35 PM

It seems like Philly still has a handful of serious and level-headed people out on the street. Among those that meet this description (in my eyes) are: Mazzone, Lancelotti, Staino, Lucibello and Nicodemo. What are your thoughts on these guys leading the charge into the future?
Posted By: tommykarate

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 07/15/13 08:38 PM

Nicodemo?he's in jail on a 1st degree murder charge so I don't think he makes the list
Posted By: cookcounty

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 07/15/13 08:41 PM

from what I've read it seems like the philly mob is like a biker gang

a bunch of barroom brawlers having brass knuckle fights in the alley

they might alright if they prevent merlino from returning
Posted By: F_white

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 07/15/13 08:56 PM

If steve is running the show and joey stay out of it the family will be fine.But Steve need to make a few men loyal to him if he have not already.
Posted By: ovation32

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 07/15/13 08:57 PM

Sorry - my mistake about Nicodemo.

I don't think Lancellotti would qualify as a "barroom brawler." The guy is either lucky as fuck or extremely adept.
Posted By: Snakes

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 07/15/13 09:33 PM

Not sure if I would say Philly is on solid ground. Due to their respectively small sizes, if any non-New York family gets hit with any major indictments the family could be crippled. All it takes is one more push to send some of those families off the brink and into extinction. Family Secrets almost did it to Chicago and the DeCavalcantes were almost killed off with the rash of arrests they suffered in the early part of the 2000's.
Posted By: Dellacroce

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 07/15/13 09:34 PM

Narducci and changlini are back on the street to right? Those r 2 stand up guys that sill hold some weight.
Posted By: Skinny

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 07/15/13 10:21 PM

Originally Posted By: ovation32
It seems like Philly still has a handful of serious and level-headed people out on the street. Among those that meet this description (in my eyes) are: Mazzone, Lancelotti, Staino, Lucibello and Nicodemo. What are your thoughts on these guys leading the charge into the future?

Far from it. The boss wants to be a movie star, he cant control his acting boss. The last three unsolved hits in philly will become magically solved if one guy flips. Lucibello is in the can. Staino is on his way. Nicodemo is the opposite of level headed. He likes to get high and go off half cocked like our other philly heavy hitter friend dicknose. if he flips he brings down the entire ligambi admin, some merlino guys. The heaviest guys now are the scarfo guys. Narducci, Grande, Chang, and mazzone too. The only hooked in philly guy i know doesnt have many good things to say about lance but i know opinions can be distorted.
Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 07/15/13 10:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Snakes
Not sure if I would say Philly is on solid ground. Due to their respectively small sizes, if any non-New York family gets hit with any major indictments the family could be crippled. All it takes is one more push to send some of those families off the brink and into extinction. Family Secrets almost did it to Chicago and the DeCavalcantes were almost killed off with the rash of arrests they suffered in the early part of the 2000's.

Family Secrets was not even close to put Chicago into extinction. The FBI over hyped it to make it sound more important. The only huge loss was Marcello.
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 07/15/13 10:46 PM

One thing Philadelphia has going for it is the relatively young ages of it's members. Also, it does have surprising resilience when you consider all the internal fighting and murders, indictments, and rats over the past three decades. On solid ground? Don't know about that. But they're still one of the handful of smaller families outside New York that are still around and will be for at least a while longer.
Posted By: vinnietoothpicks26

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 07/15/13 11:04 PM

I think PHilly is doing well. They got alot of guys who are gonna be out within 5. STaino, lucibello, Angelina, Fazzini, Esposito. Furthermore, depending on this next trial, Ligambi and Borgesi could be out soon. With stand up guys like Johnny Ciancaglini and Mazzone on top and old school guys like Licata around the family is far from extinct. I think its easy to forget the fact that Ligambi ran the family from 99 to 2011 without getting indicted, and most likely grew the family a little bit (1 in 2005, 7 in 2007, probably more) and most importantly, stabalized the organization. Its easy to get clouded by the fact him and the org have been UI since 2011, but there was a period of quiet before then.
Posted By: Ted

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 07/16/13 02:47 AM

Originally Posted By: vinnietoothpicks26
I think PHilly is doing well. They got alot of guys who are gonna be out within 5. STaino, lucibello, Angelina, Fazzini, Esposito. Furthermore, depending on this next trial, Ligambi and Borgesi could be out soon. With stand up guys like Johnny Ciancaglini and Mazzone on top and old school guys like Licata around the family is far from extinct. I think its easy to forget the fact that Ligambi ran the family from 99 to 2011 without getting indicted, and most likely grew the family a little bit (1 in 2005, 7 in 2007, probably more) and most importantly, stabalized the organization. Its easy to get clouded by the fact him and the org have been UI since 2011, but there was a period of quiet before then.

Exactly. Plus all the Scarfo guys getting out and the new guys waiting to be made (that Ligambi refused to). They have solid number of tough street guys and are quite resilient.
Posted By: Southphilly4ever

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 07/16/13 09:43 AM

As I said a few days ago in the Mousie thread Philly is just fine. There are a lot of younger up and coming guys and guys under the radar out there. I'm not going to out anybody who's name hasn't been mentioned on here yet however. Philly people on here probably know many of the guys I'm speaking of.
Posted By: 22

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 07/16/13 05:26 PM

Sounds like Canalichio got somewhat of a break 11 yrs. 5 months
Posted By: cheech

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 07/16/13 06:24 PM

11 is a while but it could have been worse, these philly guys got fucked

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 07/16/13 06:25 PM

when does Staino get sentenced?
Posted By: bobbytran

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 07/16/13 06:33 PM

Tomarrow

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 07/16/13 06:50 PM

Right Cheech remember the old ''Racketteering Lite'' like their attorney's said.If you look at canalichio's sentence though he got 137 mths.85% of that is like 116 mths.He's got 26 mths already in,now your down to 90 mths. which means if things go smooth he can be out in 7 and a half yrs. which him being a 3rd time offender isn't bad at all.
Posted By: bobbytran

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 07/16/13 06:54 PM

Now that he knows his sentence any chance that he got taken right to an FBI office?

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 07/16/13 07:22 PM

I doubt it,if my math is right 7 and a half yrs. should not be a big deal,he will barely be 50 when he gets out.
Posted By: Jose

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 07/16/13 10:01 PM

If and when he gets out - if any of these guys flip they are all going to be in more trouble and looking at more time - Nico and Dame especially. The pressure is on now and for a long time. Does Staino think twice ? He hasn't done any time ever although think unlikely he'll turn. Believe Philly is still strong - deep deep bench in south Philly - maybe not all made yet but plenty of candidates - just the nature of how things are down there
Posted By: Serpiente

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/22/13 03:30 PM

Does anyone know when we will know if Nicodemo flipped ?

I herd the court date somewhere on a post but can't remember it,but that would not tell if he flipped would it ?
Posted By: Giancarlo

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/22/13 03:48 PM

Serp he has a final Trial Readiness Conference tuesday on the 24th and if everyone is ready the actual trial is scheduled to start in May, 05/12/2014 to be exact.

He hasn't flipped and i don't think he will.

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/22/13 04:24 PM

Thanks Gcarlo : what ever happened to a speedy and fair trial...

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/22/13 04:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Serpiente
Thanks Gcarlo : what ever happened to a speedy and fair trial...

Actually according to the court docket file it looks like the defense was granted several continuance's for "Further Investigation" of the case. But it really hasn't been that long yet. I think it was last december he was originally arrested.

Also Serp, Scarfo Jr's bank fraud case will start sometime in october. Personally i think he's going down.

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/22/13 05:00 PM

Yea thanks for that ,but i am in the know about that,I called Johnny to see what happened,his home phone is disconnected,and cel is set on two rings and no voicemail,
I am guessing he don't feel like talking,looks like five ,and he has never done time before,he is in him mid50s i guess, not a good time to start.

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/22/13 05:05 PM

Yea thanks for that ,but i am in the know about that,I called Johnny to see what happened,his home phone is disconnected,and cel is set on two rings and no voicemail,
I am guessing he don't feel like talking,looks like five ,and he has never done time before,he is in him mid50s i guess, not a good time to start.

I'm curious what Sal Pelullo will do. Plead out? Go to trial? Rat on Nicky jr? Even though i think if he was going to rat he probably would of done it already.

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/22/13 05:14 PM

I don't know yet,I can't get any one,it will b a week or so ,they will answer then....sure just laying low, But my guess on Pelullo and I don't know himlike I know the rest,but I think he will not hold up,FL

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/22/13 05:24 PM

Looks like Pelullo still has his online blog, but he hasn't updated it since august 4.

http://salvatorepelullo.blogspot.com/
Posted By: Scorsese

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/22/13 05:59 PM

these guys sure do love their blogs.
Posted By: Scorsese

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/22/13 06:14 PM

With philly i think its more to do with opportunism amongst members that keeps them going. When someones weak they get moved on. With bruno i think the family would have fizzled out if he survived and carried on being boss until he died because i dont think he would have made or recruited the people that scarfo did during his reign.
Posted By: TheIsland

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/22/13 07:05 PM

Salvatore Pellullo can't give them anything on Nick Jr. that they don't already have. If he were given any chance to cooperate it probably has already past, since the trial is about to begin. Pellulo honestly thought he was going to make bail and then skate. If I stole a lot of money I would not be hanging around PHL NJ or NY I would be on a plane to Belgium.

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/22/13 07:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Giancarlo
Looks like Pelullo still has his online blog, but he hasn't updated it since august 4.

http://salvatorepelullo.blogspot.com/

What a Sissy he has a picture of himself on stage dressed as one of the village people. Does that make him non-violent because he's associated with a group of known homosexuals while on vacation with his ex-wife! lol

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/22/13 08:48 PM

Yea island you are right on that one,but he does have more,there are things he was privy to,

Dam shame but he has been around a long time,and my boy was sloppy with letting people in on this and other big rackets, there is more and he knows it.

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/22/13 09:00 PM

Yea island you are right on that one,but he does have more,there are things he was privy to,

Dam shame but he has been around a long time,and my boy was sloppy with letting people in on this and other big rackets, there is more and he knows it.

Damn Serp. you just about know everyone in PHL NJ and NY. Who are you Joe Massino?

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/22/13 09:05 PM

no just the old heads ,none of the new crews

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/22/13 09:12 PM

no just the old heads ,none of the new crews

Yeah you ever wash Nick's Caddy for him

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/22/13 09:14 PM

yea plenty of times,and the olds,and the work trucks,

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/22/13 09:16 PM

I remember a gathering in Florida I really wanted to meet Nicky SR. I bought a card and put $100 bill in it. But I saw him and Santo with Phil at the other end of the ship so I just threw the card in the ocean and but that benny back in my pocket.

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/22/13 09:18 PM

Times are a lot diff,nicky was on top and Joe Ligambi was just a hang around,he would come down with yogi,now they call him boss

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/22/13 09:24 PM

Serpiente - doesn't everyone just start as a hang around ? No offense but NS decimated the philly LCN - Uncle Joe is away for now but there has been some stability in the last decade or so ... Isn't that what it's all about ?

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/22/13 10:38 PM

Yea,Jose he was just a little older then most of us,and he was just not in our gang,i don't mean mafia gang,i mean the guys we ran with ,chased girls hit the bars,That came out a little rude on the other post,if you see the ones before thats why is was so quick, he is and was a good dude in my book.

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/22/13 11:04 PM

I hear you Serpiente - you must be around Phil's age then? I know we've gone back and forth on the old AC days - must have been some interesting times back in the 80s. It'll be interesting days ahead in Philly under Stevie .. Feds say latest roundup crippled the crew - I disagree , lots of guys still out there and some of your generation recently out or getting out ...

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/24/13 05:52 PM

Jose : I don't know any of the new guys ,I mean after 91, skinny, George , uncle Joe, but the rest i only know whats in the news.

I have had talks with people in the know after 91 but that was just a few of the old family,

There is still guys that were not made around here, just never see them unless i bump into them at the bar or supermarket(no joke)Man how things change..Just wish i could tell some stuff, besides the color of a house or what kind of car ,or the street,bars we went to.

But people like that don't like when you say more then casual conversation .

And it looks like it could get very interesting in philly ,hole mix of guys there,some old names(not to be taken lightly)

Shame there is money to be made in south jersey to but the C.C.C. has the philly guys faces so they have a hard time down here,
Every now and then you get some smart new faces in and they clean up down here ,but always seam to get pinched, just when the cash is flowing .

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/24/13 09:02 PM

Well it's been quiet for a little while in Philly outside of the dipietro hit. Gotta think that older heads will start to clash - I bet Stevie will run a real tight ship - doesn't seem like someone to mess with at all. Always a friendly guy though when I've seen him around - that whole crew ; Chang Lance and Stevie. A few more years and they will have Marty and Georgie back like the good ol days. My question is if joe beats this case and it looks weak what does Stevie do then ?

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/24/13 09:24 PM

Man i can't call it,First Joey puts him self there,(no secret guys down here do not like him)has nothing to do with his last name,cus i we loved Lawrence and brother.

I would think that Joe would get it back, no one unseats a boss right?
Posted By: pmac

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/25/13 12:42 AM

Is angelo lutz in the picture, he was funny and hung with those guy all the time I figured they give him a pity button maybe when his best friend george comes home. I read a article on him he 100%italian he grand dad shortend the name he did 9 yrs for gambling. Did horsehead come back to philly since his brother got out. You think theyll keep joe grande on the shelf cause his brother ligambi put him thrre. They made that guy waynes kid thats screwed up. But uncle joe got life cause of grande brother. I read mazzone half irish that might not be a good look for a boss nowadays. Hets my guess on the structure. Naducci acting underboss mazzone street boss. Naducchi got all scarfo guy lance got the young south phill guy and scoops controls all of jersey north and south. He probaly made a couple more guys to beef up the jersey crew since he was aquited and with the luchese nj crew all indicted scoops and philly can start making moves he might be acting consig rite now to I still believe joeys the boss. All guess but they are doin better then the 90tys.

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/25/13 12:57 AM

Originally Posted By: pmac
Is angelo lutz in the picture, he was funny and hung with those guy all the time I figured they give him a pity button maybe when his best friend george comes home. I read a article on him he 100%italian he grand dad shortend the name he did 9 yrs for gambling. Did horsehead come back to philly since his brother got out. You think theyll keep joe grande on the shelf cause his brother ligambi put him thrre. They made that guy waynes kid thats screwed up. But uncle joe got life cause of grande brother. I read mazzone half irish that might not be a good look for a boss nowadays. Hets my guess on the structure. Naducci acting underboss mazzone street boss. Naducchi got all scarfo guy lance got the young south phill guy and scoops controls all of jersey north and south. He probaly made a couple more guys to beef up the jersey crew since he was aquited and with the luchese nj crew all indicted scoops and philly can start making moves he might be acting consig rite now to I still believe joeys the boss. All guess but they are doin better then the 90tys.
Joey Merlino's former cook and fellow mob associate seeks crowdfunding for restaurant expansion

Angelo Lutz is gambling again. This time, the ex-mob associate hopes to avoid prison.
The former cook for mob boss Joey Merlino has found culinary stardom in South Jersey's BYOB capital, Collingswood, since his release in 2008 from prison, where he served seven years for racketeering, gambling, and extortion.
Now, Lutz is wagering he has the recipe for even bigger restaurant success.
He is moving his 11-table Kitchen Consigliere Cafe from cramped side-street quarters on Powell Lane to a venue three times the size a couple of blocks away at Collings and Haddon Avenues, in the heart of the business district.
The big guy - "Fat Ange" is now 320 pounds, down from a no-exercise-yard-for-him 470 pounds when he left the joint - has grand plans for the improved Kitchen Consigliere Cafe, scheduled to open by mid-October.
He's not only talking about a steadily packed house, with room for 85 per mangiare comodamente in dining areas that pay tribute to Hollywood underworld characters. Lutz also envisions franchise potential, with Kitchen Consigliere Cafes in every metropolitan area where dons do, or have done, what they do.
"The mob is like a brand," Lutz said. "It sells."
He won't say what that has meant to his restaurant's bottom line since it opened in November 2010, other than that he serves 1,600 dinners a month and turns away 80 to 100 potential patrons weekly because of limited space.
But the cost of renovations at the new place, formerly Knight's Bistro, has exceeded original estimates, causing Lutz to dip into money set aside for the first few weeks' operating costs, said business consultant Marty Schieken of Cherry Hill, whose family used to own 15 Shop 'n Bag stores in South Jersey before selling them in 1991.
Kitchen Consigliere has turned to the public for help, launching an Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign Aug. 13 to raise $25,000.
As his restaurant's name indicates, Lutz is not exactly a vault about the transgressions that led to his prison stay. He's also straight up about them as part of his online appeal at http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/restaurant-expansion: "Unable to borrow funds from banks because of a past felony conviction."
That's followed by venting about banks and policies that prohibit lending to convicted felons.
"Is this a fair practice considering Angelo is now a productive tax paying member of society? We say no, and hope you agree," the site says.
It urges those who "believe in second chances, redemption and modern day success stories" to help Lutz "live his dream and prove that you can teach an old dog new tricks." Perks include a sausage meatball appetizer and dinner with Lutz at "the consigliere's table."
As of Sunday night, Lutz was almost a third of the way to his goal, with $8,230 raised from at least 56 funders and eight days remaining in the campaign.
"This is a reality," he said last week, seated amid work crews, sawdust, and storyboards detailing the new restaurant's interior design, a matter of much secrecy.
The restaurant will open whether the $25,000 is raised or not, though things will be a lot tighter, said Lutz, 49, who lives with his cat, Sonny Franzese, named after a New York mobster, in the South Philadelphia house he inherited from his late parents, Angelo and Helen.
At least a dozen banks have turned down his request for about $100,000 in financing, leaving Lutz to rely on personal loans secured with promissory notes, he and Schieken said.
"There's no money that could be considered from 'the old boys,' " Schieken added.
Asked why anyone should have faith contributing money to a guy who used to lose $15,000 to $20,000 in a day gambling on sports, Lutz said: "This isn't 'Let me get your money, and the place isn't opening up.' . . . I know it's hard to trust people, but the bottom line is this is real. We have to trust, we have to trust a little bit."
The topic brought Schieken to tears. He would not say how much he has invested in the new restaurant, but he said he had found Lutz to be a man of "an amazing amount of honesty and integrity" in the two years he had known him and had helped turn Kitchen Consigliere "around from a substantial loss to a fair profit."
"It's not what he did then, it's what he's doing now," Schieken said.
Collingswood Mayor James Maley said Lutz had "had great success and great fun marketing his past, but it's his past."
Of the new Kitchen Consigliere Cafe, Maley said: "I think it will be a big hit. And I mean that not in a double way!"
Cardiologist Nicholas DePace, who took care of Lutz's parents, has donated $1,500 to their son's new restaurant. His 8-foot Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, and Sammy Davis Jr. statues will be on display in its Rat Pack Lounge.
"He really has made a 180-degree turnaround and has really rehabilitated himself," DePace said.
Except for the weight.
"We're going to work on that," the doctor said.

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/25/13 12:58 AM

I cant remember if it was joe grande or the milano brother who got shelved. But wayne grande kis is a suspect in that last mob hit with nicodemo. How you gonna shelf a guy but make a rat son. That guy fish carfaro son will never get made and is tight with the bosses but since his dad flipd they wont make him. Where is the milano guy nicky whip flided I think. Phill got alot of good aged guys to run the mob there. Not dinosaurs like the westside but guys in the50tys I guessin they got 20 active soldiers in philly and a ton of wannabes. Merlinos like the best recruitor for the mob in the country guy is just super cool. Like staino said if he sneezes 5 kids would pull out hanker chiefs.
Posted By: SonnyL

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/25/13 01:12 AM

Originally Posted By: pmac
I cant remember if it was joe grande or the milano brother who got shelved. But wayne grande kis is a suspect in that last mob hit with nicodemo. How you gonna shelf a guy but make a rat son. That guy fish carfaro son will never get made and is tight with the bosses but since his dad flipd they wont make him. Where is the milano guy nicky whip flided I think. Phill got alot of good aged guys to run the mob there. Not dinosaurs like the westside but guys in the50tys I guessin they got 20 active soldiers in philly and a ton of wannabes. Merlinos like the best recruitor for the mob in the country guy is just super cool. Like staino said if he sneezes 5 kids would pull out hanker chiefs.

Nicky Milano is shelved his brother Gino got uncle joe life not the grande brother
Posted By: JoeP

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/25/13 01:33 PM

I was in south philly yesterday..heavy mix of mexicans & yuppies. One half of 9th st market is nothing but mexican stores, where do the south philly guys operate out of?
Posted By: merlino

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/25/13 02:35 PM

Originally Posted By: JoeP
I was in south philly yesterday..heavy mix of mexicans & yuppies. One half of 9th st market is nothing but mexican stores, where do the south philly guys operate out of?

Good food though! head up to kennsington if you want some live gangsters out on the street everyday

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/25/13 03:41 PM

Go south on passyunk and you'll run into some places and see different guys. There is a private social club on 11th I think down near Oregon street where some guys hang. Spend enough time down in south Philly and you'll see see see then .. It's small world down there and during the nice weather everyone is out and about
Posted By: TonyBoy117

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/25/13 05:35 PM

There a decent sized borgata, not big by any stretch but sufficent for what they have, Mazzone seems to have outgrown Joey Merlino and all of his bullshit and people are saying his brothers a captain now, sounds like he's taking a bigger hand in things, The "Merlino" guys are most likely now his guys ie Angelina, Lance, Chang, etc, on the other hand and mind you I know most of my philly stuff from the Internet, I'm thinking Both Narducci's, Grande, Joe Pung, and Scafidi are gunna be the ones we will hear about in the coming months and years, I bet everyone's in from the Scarfo days except maybe Iannece and Milano
Posted By: spmob

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/25/13 05:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Joselevens
There is a private social club on 11th I think down near Oregon street where some guys hang.

Do you just make shit up?

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/25/13 06:20 PM

Spmob - I was thinking of the broadway theatrical club on 13th - thought that was a hangout
Posted By: JCB1977

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/25/13 06:21 PM

It's tremendously hard for me to believe that Philly is on "solid ground." I give Joe Ligambi the utmost credit for stepping in and bringing respectability back tot he family after 25 years of turmoil, as he was exactly what Philly needed...a low key boss focusing on the traditional rackets of gambling and juice loans (not to mention much lighter sentences). However, he's still locked up and will possibly be in the can for much longer. Merlino is "bad for business" as his brash style and big red target for the Feds is exactly what Philly doesn't need. IF Merlino comes back onto the scene, it's a matter of time before the Feds ring him up and send him away for life. I'm also hearing that the Philly Mob Family has seriously been reduced in the city to strictly the South Philly neighborhood, not much more than that.
Posted By: Salvie84

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/25/13 06:36 PM

What's Mazzone's pedigree? I heard his dad may have been made or an associate? I wonder who would be acting right now had Mike Ciancaglini was still around. I feel Chang was the real leader of that Young Turk faction.

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/25/13 06:45 PM

That "Young Turk" faction is what really destroyed OC in Philly. IMO, a bunch of young "punks" who advertised who they were all over the city. I mean they had their own softball team and everybody knew who they were. What happened to LCN being a secret society? Everybody knows what the mafia is and it's impossible to deny its existence, but at least try to fly under the radar. If it wasn't for Merlino & CO., a lot of the problems they have today could be attributed to those clowns.
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/25/13 06:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Salvie84
What's Mazzone's pedigree? I heard his dad may have been made or an associate? I wonder who would be acting right now had Mike Ciancaglini was still around. I feel Chang was the real leader of that Young Turk faction.

Think he was Merlino's number 2, but from what i've heard he was the smarter of the two.

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/25/13 07:35 PM

Originally Posted By: JCB1977
That "Young Turk" faction is what really destroyed OC in Philly. IMO, a bunch of young "punks" who advertised who they were all over the city. I mean they had their own softball team and everybody knew who they were. What happened to LCN being a secret society? Everybody knows what the mafia is and it's impossible to deny its existence, but at least try to fly under the radar. If it wasn't for Merlino & CO., a lot of the problems they have today could be attributed to those clowns.

You say the same shit on every friggin website. Also, Philly Mob does a lot of work in Delco county and South Jersey

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/25/13 07:57 PM

Same shit? It's my opinion which is consistent on any topic involving Merlino and his crew. Is something wrong with expressing an opinion now? I was under the impression that these forums were designed for the sole purpose of expressing an opinion...maybe I misunderstood what these forums were designed for.

Good to know they are in South Jersey, but the topic reads "solid ground." I didn't think with the administration in turmoil "again" that mob observers would consider it "solid ground."

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/25/13 07:59 PM

I'm pretty sure they already have a new administration

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/25/13 08:00 PM

And what would the new administration be? Who currently holds the top 3 positions and who are all the Capos in Philly?

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/25/13 08:02 PM

I've seen other posters on here say Mazzone is #1 and Ciangalini is #2. Don't know who #3 is. Sonny Mazzone, Lancelotti, and Scoops are all capos.

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/25/13 08:10 PM

Other posters? How are they qualified to determine the administration? I don't think anybody on this forum could truly know the new administration (if there is one). The only people who would really know would be the U.S Attorney's office OC Division and most likely the Feds. How could the general public know the inner workings of a crime family with the amount of indictments that have been handed down recently? We rely on media outlets and journalism for our information...and even George Anastasia is wrong sometimes.

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/25/13 08:13 PM

Good to know they are in South Jersey, but the topic reads "solid ground." I didn't think with the administration in turmoil "again" that mob observers would consider it "solid ground."

Did I start this thread? Did I say they were on solid ground? NO. You throw that same softball line in every Philly post. Get new material.

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/25/13 08:17 PM

You said they were in a tiny part of south philly. I expressed my opinion that you were wrong about that. Thanks! Go research about the good ole times of Pitt!!

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/25/13 08:18 PM

Hard to come up with new material when Gino's Café photos are on every website known to mankind...kind of leaves a burning image. Never said you started the thread...However, it's ironic as they are the only jackasses in the history of the mafia to sponsor a softball team full of wiseguys for all of law enforcement to see...I certainly didn't sponsor the team...they're the culprits of utter stupidity...not I.

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/25/13 08:22 PM

Spoken like a true Philadelphian...always eloquent and insulting...I wouldn't expect anything more than uncivilized. And by the way, their neighborhood has indeed shrunk and their crimes aren't even close to the extent that they were...like all other families. Not even Uncle Joe, who I think has been a great boss, is concentrating on anything but the traditional rackets...the rackets that made them rich in the first place. What's in South Jersey--drugs and prostitutes? They a=sure as hell aren't involved with any of the casinos.

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/25/13 08:45 PM

this trial should be interesting AGAIN

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/25/13 08:59 PM

You know nothing about Philadelphia. Where in south jersey are you going to get prostitutes? Camden. Camden is all black and PR buddy. Try again. Most of South Jersey is a great place and a great place to raise kids. I lived in south jersey and currently live back in South Philly for the easy commute to my job in center city. You don't know shit except for one article about a softball team that included a couple mobsters. The Island AC is on includes AC, Ventor, Margate and Longport. When I say AC, I mean all 4. I never said they did anything much more then the tradional rackets. You just like to bash philly any chance you get on every site. Its soo old and played out. Turn a new Trick Ben Roth.

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/25/13 09:41 PM

JCB : Trenton,Camden, AC, are the only nasty places in south jersey,well maybe a few trailer parks but i think you know what mean.

South Jersey is very nice,from the pine barrens to the shore, and beaches,Property values are are doing fine..

I also have property in NY State and the comparisons of the real estate are not even close.

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/25/13 09:46 PM

Yea Cheech i totally agree, shame to say that i guess our lives are so boring compared to wiseguys ...
But i will take mine.

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/25/13 10:04 PM

Other posters? How are they qualified to determine the administration? I don't think anybody on this forum could truly know the new administration (if there is one). The only people who would really know would be the U.S Attorney's office OC Division and most likely the Feds. How could the general public know the inner workings of a crime family with the amount of indictments that have been handed down recently? We rely on media outlets and journalism for our information...and even George Anastasia is wrong sometimes.

Pretty common knowledge that those are the #1 and #2 guys in Philly today

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/25/13 10:19 PM

Unless I'm overlooking or forgetting something, Joey Merlino being the boss, Joe Ligambi being the underboss, and Steve Mazzone being the consigliere are the only things that have been officially confirmed to date. Everything else about the current administration, or who is running things on the street at the moment, is internet speculation.

As for captains, George Borgesi, Anthony Staino, Marty Angelina, and Scoops Licata have all been identified as such in recent indictments. And Mike Lancelotti has been identified as such in several articles in recent years.
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/25/13 10:48 PM

How about Damion Canalicchio & Vinny Beeps Centorino?

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/25/13 10:57 PM

Dame is soldier not sure about Beeps - have heard he's captain too but not sure recently.

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/25/13 11:11 PM

I think centerino used to be captain or acting captain of the north jersey crew, but now hes just a soldier underneath scoops licata.
Posted By: TheChickenMan

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/25/13 11:21 PM

im not saying you guys are wrong about the current or new admin. but how can we know? is there any evidence at ALL that johnny chang is committing any kind of crimes or even some kind of rumors that hes doing anything? anything at all?

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/26/13 12:44 AM

JCB : Trenton,Camden, AC, are the only nasty places in south jersey,well maybe a few trailer parks but i think you know what mean.

South Jersey is very nice,from the pine barrens to the shore, and beaches,Property values are are doing fine..

I also have property in NY State and the comparisons of the real estate are not even close.

right on with that its really nice area, parts of philly are really nice as well, some people who try to compare philly and detroit have never been to philly, now n philly is in same ballpark as detroit but that is a small section of philly

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/26/13 01:43 AM

Chicken man chang doesnt have to commit crime to be active in lcn. He can settle disputes take a cut of his guys rackets and use his famous last name to find a legit job that benefits him and a companie from not getting shooken down by another mobster. Thats why I still think joeys the boss, he just.has to take cuts settle beefs and openin companies with his rich friends money. I think alot of people think of crime family when more of these guys are legit.

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/26/13 02:59 AM

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Unless I'm overlooking or forgetting something, Joey Merlino being the boss, Joe Ligambi being the underboss, and Steve Mazzone being the consigliere are the only things that have been officially confirmed to date. Everything else about the current administration, or who is running things on the street at the moment, is internet speculation.

As for captains, George Borgesi, Anthony Staino, Marty Angelina, and Scoops Licata have all been identified as such in recent indictments. And Mike Lancelotti has been identified as such in several articles in recent years.

Ivy you should publish your stats it seem's you've researched a lot of stuff but credible sources aren't really credible sources unless you've actually sitten down with someone and had a conversation. I think you take some of this stuff a little too seriously and belittle other posters. Try to encourage them.
Originally Posted By: spmob

You say the same shit on every friggin website. Also, Philly Mob does a lot of work in Delco county and South Jersey

And your the publicist right? lol

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/26/13 05:08 AM

Originally Posted By: TheIsland
Ivy you should publish your stats it seem's you've researched a lot of stuff but credible sources aren't really credible sources unless you've actually sitten down with someone and had a conversation. I think you take some of this stuff a little too seriously and belittle other posters. Try to encourage them.

What do I need to publish that wasn't already seen in the recent indictments or news articles?

What should be taken with a grain of salt is internet speculation and gossip.

As for "encouraging" other posters, speculation is fine as long as it's understood that's what it is. But once official information comes out on a given matter, speculation time is over.
Posted By: Louiebynochi

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/26/13 01:26 PM

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

It's been cOnfirmerd by fox 29(Dave s and Anastasia) through they're fed sources that Stevie Mazzone is acting mob boss

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/26/13 02:25 PM

Contrary to what you say, I may not be as well versed in Philly/South Jersey but I do keep up with mob news. FYI- I also bash New England and Detroit...but it's hard not to bash Philly when they are so disorganized and always advertising who and what they are. If you could actually say that Philly is the "model" mob family, then I'll accept that...but only a moron would believe that. Who gives a shit if I don't like the Merlino faction or "Young Turks." I believe Merlino thinks he's John Gotti and he did nothing more than rob his own people and its not a secret that he was a degenerate gambler and wouldn't even pay his bookies when he lost. He's a disgrace to LCN, the antithesis of what LCN is supposed to be. Somebody mentioned Damon...C'mon man!!!! He's a nobody who had a few pictures taken with the Young Turks, not significant in any way, shape or form. You say I bash Philly...WRONG! I bash Merlino and his punk ass crew...I've never said a bad thing about Uncle Joe or Angelo Bruno, guys who kept a low key and stayed out of the limelight the best they could. Merlino should be locked up forever, it would actually be beneficial to Philly if he had nothing to do with the family as he is a magnet for law enforcement...I mean the media has been following his every move in Florida and I'm sure the Feds are monitoring everything and everybody in Philly just because Merlino is out of the can. Atlantic City is a nice place? I've been there a half a dozen times...drug addicts and prostitutes and lowlifes around that boardwalk. The Jersey Shore? Coney Island on Steroids! I'm sure Gino's Café softball team was a great media relations event and brought no attention at all to law enforcement. Like I said, the first time in the history of the mafia that those knuckleheads put a softball team on the field and posed for pictures with the media.

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/26/13 02:26 PM

I'm sure more rats in Philly provided that information to the Feds.

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/26/13 02:29 PM

Dame is a prisoner for the forseeable future...I'm sure the rest of the family is supporting his wife and kids...LOL...Dame is a degenerate.

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/26/13 02:34 PM

Does anybody have the true story of Merlino's wife and the guy who was naked either under her bed or in the closet when the cops came? I have a friend who is a Philly cop and he claims it was obvious that Merlino's wife was banging that guy...However, he has always made things sound a little bigger than they were. Would love to hear "what the neighborhood" said about that episode.

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/26/13 04:54 PM

How could you argue that these guys aren't complete fucking morons? Disgraceful to say the least, and then that asshole Borgesi actually comments for the article. I'm sure Angelo Bruno, Nicodemo Scarfo and even that putz John Stanfa have to be more than ashamed.

And you got to love the quote from Borgesi "Do it for the guys who are incarcerated!"

http://articles.philly.com/2000-04-21/news/25590151_1_mob-boss-joseph-skinny-joey-merlino-softball
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/26/13 06:08 PM

How could you argue that these guys aren't complete fucking morons? Disgraceful to say the least, and then that asshole Borgesi actually comments for the article. I'm sure Angelo Bruno, Nicodemo Scarfo and even that putz John Stanfa have to be more than ashamed.

And you got to love the quote from Borgesi "Do it for the guys who are incarcerated!"

http://articles.philly.com/2000-04-21/news/25590151_1_mob-boss-joseph-skinny-joey-merlino-softball

LOL! When Anthony tripped he must have broken that giant beak nose of his. That guys nose is so big that even Paul Castellano would have made fun of it! He is such an idiot! Nice find JCB!
Posted By: Scalish

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/27/13 12:29 AM

I agree JCB these guys are morons.

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/27/13 01:44 AM

I think george borgesi will be home soon and probaly off probation cause time served. Im reading he was found not guilty of 13/14 counts all stemming from him surposely running rackets from jail threw that bum bent finger lou the whole comspiracy was him and lou so I dont even now how they can prosecute something that a jury found all not guilty. Theres no predicate acts to be proven and I dont no why they found staino and mousie guilty and no finding for joe he might go home to by xmis and there will back to very good standing. But im 90% sure borgesi comes home maybe the case gets dismissed soon. Uncle joe goes to trial on his own.

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/27/13 01:56 AM

I mean whats rico conspiracy if the jury didnt believe 1 of the 13 cases,rico acts, that bent finger was doing for georgie well he was in prison for the last 13 yrs. In nyc he would have walked out the door that day. Atleast bail how is he a danger or flight risk. If he goes to trial all the talk in the world means nothing the guy was found innocent, somebody no whats going on. He charged with no crimes sitting next to the boss who has to fight all the deadlocked charges from last trial.

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/27/13 01:00 PM

Thank you...Are you from Cleveland?
Posted By: LuanKuci

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/27/13 04:21 PM

- The guy the Fbi states to be the official boss is better suited for MTV than for LCN.

- The alleged current skip is nothing more than a glorified guinea trash bully who was caught on camera going Tony Soprano in plain daylight like an attention-seeking wannabe.

- The alleged acting ub is 1 sentence away to rot in prison and that's enough to cool anyone down. So he walks his dog out instead.

- The local "rising star" was part of the dumbest mob hit ever and he won't be around for a while (if he doesn't flip and relocates to Idaho).

- Lance is the last solid piece left on the checkerboard and he's either the luckiest crook among crooks (the one who never gets caught) or he must be wired up real tight.

- The old era guys are having a hard time to fit back in since there's little to share.
Tension between generations have already being reported.

- Any possible wannabe should think twice before joining. Best off doing their own thing. Who will ever bother them?

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/27/13 05:15 PM

Great insight LuanKuci! Finally, somebody who is willing to objectively criticize a family full of "guinea trash" and I am 100% Italian, they represent the worst of our ancestors from the old country.

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/27/13 05:21 PM

I would hold out on the guinea trash label, all these guys do have familes do have legitimate jobs now for the most part and the govt has in custody the ones that are questionable. There are still a bunch of rackets available in s jersey and philly that can be taken advantage of from football to trash to buildings that are going up, its a union state and union city there will always be rackets to have. Check out the giant rat that is inflated daily in the city and the whining baby recordings

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/27/13 07:11 PM

JCB: I've never seen someone with such a hard on for one city. Did your wife leave you for a Philadelphian? It's almost as if your upset that Pittsburgh doesn't have a mafia family to talk about so you trash the city of Philly in any way possible. Get over it, I see you on here trying to bait people. Your a hypocrite. When someone from Philly has something to say to you, you always comment that you wouldn't expect anythng else from a guy from Philly yet your on here calling people Guinea trash. Your like a broken record.
Posted By: Scalish

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/27/13 07:12 PM

JCB,

I am not from Cleveland my friend.

I am from Hamilton Ontario.

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/27/13 07:23 PM

JCB: I've never seen someone with such a hard on for one city. Did your wife leave you for a Philadelphian? It's almost as if your upset that Pittsburgh doesn't have a mafia family to talk about so you trash the city of Philly in any way possible. Get over it, I see you on here trying to bait people. Your a hypocrite. When someone from Philly has something to say to you, you always comment that you wouldn't expect anythng else from a guy from Philly yet your on here calling people Guinea trash. Your like a broken record.

My mum told me to get a joooooob and not to drink "pop" because it's mad for my bad teeth.

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/27/13 07:25 PM

Great insight LuanKuci! Finally, somebody who is willing to objectively criticize a family full of "guinea trash" and I am 100% Italian, they represent the worst of our ancestors from the old country.

lol lol Who do you consider trashy??? The Merlino's, Ligambi's Mazzone's, Chang'S. Aren't there lanzilotti's in Pittsburgh?

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/27/13 07:41 PM

Oh God! I truly don't care that Pittsburgh is defunct, seriously. For the record, I love the city of Philly and all it has to offer. I just don't care for the new generation of wiseguys in Philly, that's it in a nutshell. Also, I don't care for the new generation of Detroit or New England wiseguys, I think they're a disgrace to the founding fathers of American Cosa Nostra. Unfortunately for Philly, they have guys like Dame C. and Merlino who I find to be unworthy "men of respect." Every family at one time had guinea trash, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit, NJ, NY etc. Not that my opinion matters to any of those wiseguys, it's nothing more than an opinion. I've never contended that Pittsburgh was perfect, far from it actually...not baiting anybody, just exercising an opinion spmob
Posted By: TonyBoy117

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/27/13 09:15 PM

Fuck you Blockhead, Isnt "Guinea trash" fall under the no racial bullshit rule
Posted By: DB

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/28/13 03:36 AM

Honestly how does someone know if Philly is very disorganized unless you know someone

I don know myself but it is interesting it's not clear who is running things. They probably aren't on so called solid ground but out of the non NY/ NJ families I think they will last the longest. They may not earn as much as some of the others but LCN is still part of the culture , more so than the others . I hear beeps is a soldier and that's there only 1 cap in the area and that's Scoops and he had some power and a big shark book along with the gambling .

This was just too hard to resist but did someone compare Coney Island to the jersey shore? Lol, I'm sorry and i don't want to be the Internet tough guy type I despise but that is just a ridiculous statement , clearly someone that has no idea what they are talking about on that particular subject. Coney Island is pretty close to a dump these days ( maybe a very slight similarity with Seaside ) , jersey shore is the home of millionaires today.
Posted By: Skinny

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/28/13 05:29 AM

Oh God! I truly don't care that Pittsburgh is defunct, seriously. For the record, I love the city of Philly and all it has to offer. I just don't care for the new generation of wiseguys in Philly, that's it in a nutshell. Also, I don't care for the new generation of Detroit or New England wiseguys, I think they're a disgrace to the founding fathers of American Cosa Nostra. Unfortunately for Philly, they have guys like Dame C. and Merlino who I find to be unworthy "men of respect." Every family at one time had guinea trash, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit, NJ, NY etc. Not that my opinion matters to any of those wiseguys, it's nothing more than an opinion. I've never contended that Pittsburgh was perfect, far from it actually...not baiting anybody, just exercising an opinion spmob

Arent you the same fuck head that claims to be a researcher? Every post of urs i read is some subjective opinion of yours on how to be a criminal. You dont know shit. All ur research u missed the whole fucking point, these guys are all hoodlums! Robbing and selling drugs is what theyve always done. I love reading some nuthugger from western penn give his opinion on how peter limone should run his family.... You make yourself look like a fool with these stupid fucking posts about how joey mwrlino isnt a man of honor like it insults you. Get a life already
Posted By: LuanKuci

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/28/13 10:31 AM

Down there they have embraced that Camorra-like street machismo that it's not so easy to spot elsewhere in N. America.
Posted By: paprincess

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/30/13 12:43 AM

half cocked???? LOLLL!!! Be nice to my little whore... but someone buy him a manlier cologne.. Gucci makes a nice one... wink

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/30/13 02:51 PM

Nat Geo and there drug series did an episode on north philly and the heroin trade and violence associated with it, north philly is detroit in a smaller section for anyone who has driven through it

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/30/13 03:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Skinny

Arent you the same fuck head that claims to be a researcher? Every post of urs i read is some subjective opinion of yours on how to be a criminal. You dont know shit. All ur research u missed the whole fucking point, these guys are all hoodlums! Robbing and selling drugs is what theyve always done. I love reading some nuthugger from western penn give his opinion on how peter limone should run his family.... You make yourself look like a fool with these stupid fucking posts about how joey mwrlino isnt a man of honor like it insults you. Get a life already

AMEN!

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/30/13 06:23 PM

Good one lol What a smug a**hole this guy is. I saw in an earlier post Skinny is right they rob and sell drugs. JCB1977 probably has the most boring book of the century coming out on Pittsburgh."Chucky Porter went to work everyday with a brown paper bag with an apple and PB&J. He drove a buick unlike the moron's in philadelphia who drove a flashy caddy or benz. He had a no-show job at the steel mill and got kick-backs of $0.50 at Christmas time from the workers.
Posted By: paprincess

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 09/30/13 10:32 PM

Pittsburg Mob guys are fat sex addict perverts at least the ones I came across. Not very intelligent either... the girls were loudmouth uneducated trash... not even good at the numbers...

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 10/01/13 05:41 PM

This article clearly states that Chucky Porter drove a caddy. Scroll down and read under the title "Hey, you got me" section of the article. The steel mill kickbacks was a good one!

http://old.post-gazette.com/regionstate/20001105greenbank1.asp
Posted By: HandsomeStevie

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 10/02/13 01:30 PM

north philly is a jungle and same thing right over the bridge in camden. people come from allll over to get that good cheap dope they got out there. these days they sell dope in the same tight knit south philly community that all these mafia guys operate in but there outnumbered by african americans and hispanics and asians. i bet if the the philly guys had a good enough connect they would go ahead and try pushing it too

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 10/02/13 01:33 PM

Can't say I disagree with you in regards to "a few" of the wives...which men are you referring to?

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 10/02/13 01:35 PM

Got no beef with you Island.

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 10/02/13 01:43 PM

Glad I wasn't the only one who saw this. Good Posts.

Anyway, I liked that new North Philly documentry. Northy Philly and Camden, Nj's open air market is very unique. It really is a jungle out there.

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 10/02/13 02:38 PM

yes it was a good one. i wonder when there gonna do one on camden. I moved to Baltimore a few years ago and some people never even heard of camden and thats insane considering all the crazy stuff that happens there. Baltimore is bad but I still think Camden is way worse as is North philly

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 10/02/13 04:08 PM

Handsome Stevie - that looks like sonny Mazzone not Stevie .. Am I wrong ? Could just be a young pic of Stevie .. Just wondering

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 10/02/13 04:35 PM

its stevie back in the 90's I believe...

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 10/02/13 04:51 PM

No doubt Camden is a real shithole dump of a city but the Badlands section of philly is worse.

Haven't been to Baltimore in years but aren't they on a record setting pace down there with all the murders this year? I remember reading it's been a pretty bad year in Baltimore.

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 10/03/13 02:24 PM

No doubt Camden is a real shithole dump of a city but the Badlands section of philly is worse.

Haven't been to Baltimore in years but aren't they on a record setting pace down there with all the murders this year? I remember reading it's been a pretty bad year in Baltimore.

Check out the nat geo special drugs inc on philly, the badlands and kennsington for the most part needs to bulldozed

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 10/03/13 04:36 PM

Great article on a recent Pittsburgh/Western PA illegal gambling bust, mentions Joe Nistico, Nicky Scarfo Sr.'s nephew, who was a victim in the 1980's shakedown of his bookmaking operation by the LaRocca Family's operatives.

http://triblive.com/news/allegheny/4687442-74/melocchi-former-gambling#axzz2gfS2XvWH

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 10/03/13 05:22 PM

Great article on a recent Pittsburgh/Western PA illegal gambling bust, mentions Joe Nistico, Nicky Scarfo Sr.'s nephew, who was a victim in the 1980's shakedown of his bookmaking operation by the LaRocca Family's operatives.

http://triblive.com/news/allegheny/4687442-74/melocchi-former-gambling#axzz2gfS2XvWH

THANKS MAN!!

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 10/03/13 05:25 PM

JCB did Scarfo have a nephew named Joe Nistico too? I know Nicky Sr's wife Mimi (Domenica Nistico) had a brother named Joe Nistico....is that his son Joseph?

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 10/03/13 05:26 PM

JCB did Scarfo have a nephew named Joe Nistico too? I know his wife Mimi (Domenica Nistico) had a brother named Joe Nistico....is that his son Joseph?

Can you just ask Mimi ???

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 10/03/13 05:28 PM

JCB did Scarfo have a nephew named Joe Nistico too? I know his wife Mimi (Domenica Nistico) had a brother named Joe Nistico....is that his son Joseph?

She might shoot me. lol. I read she's supposedly as crazy as her husband.

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 10/03/13 05:32 PM

She might shoot me. lol

I got shot in the back when I was in Desert Storm

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 10/03/13 05:33 PM

I got shot in the back when I was in Desert Storm

Seriously? Oh shit...sorry to hear that. Hope your ok.

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 10/03/13 05:38 PM

This guy is 73 years old now, and yes, it is his brother in law. My bad, I accidentally said nephew. Check out this article:

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=Zx4hAAAAIBAJ&sjid=b2QEAAAAIBAJ&pg=5385,5352218&dq=joe+nistico+and+chucky+porter&hl=en

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 10/03/13 05:43 PM

This guy is 73 years old now, and yes, it is his brother in law. My bad, I accidentally said nephew. Check out this article:

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=Zx4hAAAAIBAJ&sjid=b2QEAAAAIBAJ&pg=5385,5352218&dq=joe+nistico+and+chucky+porter&hl=en

Good article..thanks.

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 10/03/13 06:03 PM

Originally Posted By: paprincess
Pittsburg Mob guys are fat sex addict perverts at least the ones I came across. Not very intelligent either... the girls were loudmouth uneducated trash... not even good at the numbers...

lol

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 10/03/13 07:26 PM

His name Natale his sisters are scarfos wife , and Johnny Parisi Mom

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 10/03/13 07:34 PM

Natale ,He was never connected to them . He is still around lives 5 miles out side of AC

( Scarfo LCN that is )

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 10/03/13 07:37 PM

Now there is a other brother that was connected ,he was the youngest.

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 10/03/13 07:41 PM

I always found it strange that Scarfo Sr.'s brother in law operated a book in the Pittsburgh area and paid tribute to the LaRocca Family. After Mike Genovese took over, he did demand a higher percentage of kickbacks from everybody operating. According to retired SA Bob Garrity, Mike Genovese refused to meet with Scarfo and Leonetti when they came to town for that meeting, as Mike felt that Nicky Scarfo was too high profile. However, I know for a fact that Victor Calautti, President of National Builders INC., was one of the key money launderers for Angelo Bruno, John Stanfa, Mike Genovese, Russell Bufalino, Billy D'Elia as well as Joey Naples and Lenny Strollo from Youngstown. Article is below:

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=32RcAAAAIBAJ&sjid=3FYNAAAAIBAJ&pg=1195,3669965&dq=victor+calautti+and+money+laundering&hl=en

This same article has a blurb about Billy D'Elia and Frank Sheerhan talking about a waste hauling scheme to Poland Township, OH (upscale suburb of Youngstown). Scroll down under the names of the guys involved with the money laundering.

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 10/03/13 07:41 PM

His name Natale his sisters are scarfos wife , and Johnny Parisi Mom

Natale ,He was never connected to them . He is still around lives 5 miles out side of AC

( Scarfo LCN that is )

Serp, who's Natale?

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 10/03/13 07:46 PM

Nistico Nicky sr bro inlaw

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 10/03/13 07:49 PM

Nistico Nicky sr bro inlaw

Mimi and Joe Nistico's brother?

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 10/03/13 07:50 PM

I'm assuming Ralph Natale, former boss of Philly

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 10/03/13 07:54 PM

No i think Serps saying there is another brother named Natale Nistico. I see that there is someone with that name that lives nearby in Linwood.

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 10/03/13 07:55 PM

If you are asking me ,It is Natale Nistico...is MiMi and johnnys Moms sisters .

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 10/03/13 07:57 PM

If you are asking me ,It is Natale Nistico...is MiMi and johnnys Moms sisters .

Thanks Serp...i wasn't following what you were saying. lol

So Mimi has family nearby in Linwood.

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 10/03/13 07:57 PM

No i think Serps saying there is another brother named Natale Nistico. I see someone with that name that lives nearby in Linwood.
Yes GGG i did not say the town , but yes

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 10/03/13 07:59 PM

Oh ok...Joe Nistico, Scarfo's brother in law has been a resident of Clairton, PA for over 40 years. Clairton was a big steel town, very blue collar and after the collapse of the steel industry in the early 1970's, it has become a pretty poverty stricken area, high crime rates. From my understanding, prior to the steel industry collapse, everybody was employed and everybody gambled which made it a very lucrative area for bookmakers.

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 10/03/13 08:02 PM

Here is the house of Joe Nistico in Clairton, PA:

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/552-3rd-St-Clairton-PA-15025/11633104_zpid/

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 10/03/13 08:06 PM

Now there is a cousin that was is connected that is Pasquale Nistico . He had a little problem one night we were out with Mike Taccetta . And he was not made ,did not go well.

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 10/03/13 08:10 PM

Oh ok...Joe Nistico, Scarfo's brother in law has been a resident of Clairton, PA for over 40 years. Clairton was a big steel town, very blue collar and after the collapse of the steel industry in the early 1970's, it has become a pretty poverty stricken area, high crime rates. From my understanding, prior to the steel industry collapse, everybody was employed and everybody gambled which made it a very lucrative area for bookmakers.

I will get to the bottom of who it is , he could go by a nick name down here ,and if i hear it i will know.
I will find out tomorrow and post .

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 10/03/13 08:11 PM

Joe Nistico was pretty close to Thomas "Sonny" Ciancutti, a Capo in the LaRocca Family. Sonny took over the New Kensington, PA rackets when LaRocca's longtime underboss, Gabriel "Kelly" Mannarino passed away in 1980. Scarfo Sr. and Mannarino were very friendly through Russell Bufalino, who was extremely close to Mannarino and a partner of his in the Sans Souci Hotel & Casino in Havana, Cuba.

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 10/03/13 08:12 PM

But come to think of it Pat was sent to Philly by Nick about 40 years ago ,But i have seen and talked to him and he never said anything about western PA ,

Like 86 - 88

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 10/03/13 08:17 PM

Joe Nistico was pretty close to Thomas "Sonny" Ciancutti, a Capo in the LaRocca Family. Sonny took over the New Kensington, PA rackets when LaRocca's longtime underboss, Gabriel "Kelly" Mannarino passed away in 1980. Scarfo Sr. and Mannarino were very friendly through Russell Bufalino, who was extremely close to Mannarino and a partner of his in the Sans Souci Hotel & Casino in Havana, Cuba.
What is his age?

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 10/03/13 08:18 PM

Scarfo Sr. and Mannarino were very friendly through Russell Bufalino, who was extremely close to Mannarino and a partner of his in the Sans Souci Hotel & Casino in Havana, Cuba.

Sans Souci Hotel & Casino? Huh..coincidentally Scarfo Sr got made at a restaurant called Sans Souci in south jersey. Later became the Diamond Diner. Some greek guy i used to know owned the place when it was the Diamond but Gus sold it years back in 2003. It was right near the old Garden State Racetrack.

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 10/03/13 08:30 PM

Yep G-carlo , I never went there but we herd all about it .
he did like to tell us stuff .(nothing illegal of course)

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 10/03/13 08:36 PM

Wow "things are comming to mind now thinking about all this stuff,things i have not thought about in 40 years or so .
The guys that are big now would be down here when they were just made.
From all different family's

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 10/03/13 09:11 PM

Yep G-carlo , I never went there but we herd all about it .
he did like to tell us stuff .(nothing illegal of course)

I first read that about Scarfo getting made at Sans Souci's in one of the NJ State OC Reports that they made using Phil's Testimony....OCBars2. I was pretty surprised it turned out to be the same place i always knew as the Diamond Diner. Apparently it was called Sans Souci's back in the 50's and 60's. Not sure what year Gus bought the place but it was the Diamond Diner for decades until he sold it in 03.

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 10/04/13 11:38 AM

73 years old

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 10/04/13 12:38 PM

Mike Genovese and Nicky scarfo were related they're cousins

Also al darco and joe sica were also cousins

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 10/04/13 01:51 PM

In all the research I've done on Pittsburgh, never did I come across anything that said Mike and Nicky were related. I am pretty close to Mike Genovese's son, Michael and he had never mentioned that. I could be wrong, but what is your source for that information? That would be a pretty nice find if they were in fact related. It has been reported on certain websites that Mike was related to Vito, but that is NOT true, not even distant cousins. Mike did go to NY about once a month and was very close to Salerno, Gigante and Benny Eggs probably because they represented Pittsburgh on the commission.

One thing I do know for sure is that Nicky Scarfo Sr. used to come in to Youngstown, OH quite a bit to meet with Mike Genovese at a tailormade mens clothing store called Lord Chesterfield Menswear owned by one of my uncles, Nicky Polito. There was a huge back office with a bar and most of the guys would meet there to discuss business and get fitted for suits. Scarfo also used Youngstown businessman Victor Calautti to launder money into Belgium and Swiss bank accounts.

Joe Sica was an interesting character. His son in law was Capo Frank Rosa (died in 1982) and his grandson was infamous RAT Joey Rosa. Joey Rosa was the key witness that testified against Chucky Porter and Louis Raucci back in 1990. If I'm not mistaken, Joe Sica died in July of 1991. Mike Genovese put him on the shelf after his grandson testified in the 1990 racketeering trial of Chucky Porter and Louis Raucci. I was told that when he was put on the shelf, he never got over it as he ate, slept and breathed LCN.

I did see in the D'Arco book that he and Sica were cousins and Sica tried to get D'Arco to come to Pittsburgh.

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 10/04/13 02:01 PM

The Sans Souci hotel & Casino was in Havana, Cuba and was owned by Gabriel "Kelly" Mannarino, Meyer Lansky, Santo Trafficante and Carlos Marcello as well as Bufalino getting equal shares in the casino. This group of guys were also responsible for providing guns and other arsenal the Cuban nationals during the revolution.

http://www.lacndb.com/php/Info.php?name=Gabriel%20Mannarino

http://books.google.com/books?id=xzwPsdg...ino&f=false

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 10/15/13 07:09 PM

JCB , Thats Nicky bro inlaw for sure just talked to someone in the fam.

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 10/15/13 07:18 PM

Yes , Yes Yes you have it all right .

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 10/15/13 07:45 PM

[quote=JCB1977]In all the research I've done on Pittsburgh, never did I come across anything that said Mike and Nicky were related. I am pretty close to Mike Genovese's son, Michael and he had never mentioned that. I could be wrong, but what is your source for that information? That would be a pretty nice find if they were in fact related. It has been reported on certain websites that Mike was related to Vito, but that is NOT true, not even distant cousins. Mike did go to NY about once a month and was very close to Salerno, Gigante and Benny Eggs probably because they represented Pittsburgh on the commission.

One thing I do know for sure is that Nicky Scarfo Sr. used to come in to Youngstown, OH quite a bit to meet with Mike Genovese at a tailormade mens clothing store called Lord Chesterfield Menswear owned by one of my uncles, Nicky Polito. There was a huge back office with a bar and most of the guys would meet there to discuss business and get fitted for suits. Scarfo also used Youngstown businessman Victor Calautti to launder money into Belgium and Swiss bank accounts.

Joe Sica was an interesting character. His son in law was Capo Frank Rosa (died in 1982) and his grandson was infamous RAT Joey Rosa. Joey Rosa was the key witness that testified against Chucky Porter and Louis Raucci back in 1990. If I'm not mistaken, Joe Sica died in July of 1991. Mike Genovese put him on the shelf after his grandson testified in the 1990 racketeering trial of Chucky Porter and Louis Raucci. I was told that when he was put on the shelf, he never got over it as he ate, slept and breathed LCN.

I did see in the D'Arco book that he and Sica were cousins and Sica tried to get D'Arco to come to Pittsburgh. [/quot

My source is Nicky scarfo jr. He went out there in the late 80s,to set up a video poker route
Nicky scarfo sr worked it through his cousin mike genovese

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 10/15/13 09:17 PM

I always found it strange that Scarfo Sr.'s brother in law operated a book in the Pittsburgh area and paid tribute to the LaRocca Family. After Mike Genovese took over, he did demand a higher percentage of kickbacks from everybody operating. According to retired SA Bob Garrity, Mike Genovese refused to meet with Scarfo and Leonetti when they came to town for that meeting, as Mike felt that Nicky Scarfo was too high profile. However, I know for a fact that Victor Calautti, President of National Builders INC., was one of the key money launderers for Angelo Bruno, John Stanfa, Mike Genovese, Russell Bufalino, Billy D'Elia as well as Joey Naples and Lenny Strollo from Youngstown. Article is below:

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=32RcAAAAIBAJ&sjid=3FYNAAAAIBAJ&pg=1195,3669965&dq=victor+calautti+and+money+laundering&hl=en

This same article has a blurb about Billy D'Elia and Frank Sheerhan talking about a waste hauling scheme to Poland Township, OH (upscale suburb of Youngstown). Scroll down under the names of the guys involved with the money laundering.

Sorry this goes here, JCB YES U R right on this, all but the cousin stuff.

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 10/15/13 09:23 PM

Louie , I think u r right on that ,no one down here ever herd about that.
The things about him having a bro inlaw is true and the travel to western PA .

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 10/16/13 03:39 AM

http://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketSheets/CPReport.ashx?docketNumber=CP-51-CR-1110072-1975 this is a docket sheet for an arrest that john ciancaglini was involved in 1976 does anyone know any of the co defendants listed and are they mob guys? they do have italian names but i never hard of them before.. thanks guys

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 10/16/13 03:47 AM

http://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketSheets/CPReport.ashx?docketNumber=MC-51-CR-0004283-2009 this is a case that mike ciancaglini was involved in for selling drugs.. im assuming hes johns son.. but jesus christ his bail was 250k thats serious btw apparently theres two people named mike chang.. one was born in 87 and one was born in 81.. theres also a charge for mike chang (merlinos boy) from 1992

here is one of joe chickie ciancaglini .. not guilty on all charges.. interesting http://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketSheets/CPReport.ashx?docketNumber=MC-51-CR-1112641-1973

here is scarfo and his son's cases.. http://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketSheets/CP.aspx btw these arent federal charges they are state charges

here is the frankie flowers hit ... does anyone know how they were charged with involuntary manslaughter and voluntary manslaughter, first degree murder, and just regular murder? doesnt make much sense to me http://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketSheets/CPReport.ashx?docketNumber=CP-51-CR-0734824-1987

and sorry guys that wasnt the frankie flowers hit.. because joe ligambi was a co defendant... here it is http://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketSheets/CPReport.ashx?docketNumber=MC-51-CR-0635791-1987

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 10/16/13 04:10 AM

http://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketSheets/CPReport.ashx?docketNumber=MC-51-CR-0703721-1973 this is a case uncle joe ligambi was involved in 1973 does anyone know what these charges mean? ive nevr heard of some of them.. and in typical fashion.. all charges were dismissed

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 10/16/13 02:31 PM

Hey Louie,

If that is correct about Mike Genovese and Nicky Scarfo being related, I will check it out with Mike's son Michael for more confirmation. I would have thought he would have mentioned that to me, surprising.

If Scarfo went to Pittsburgh to set up video poker, he would have dealt with one of two guys. First, Pasquale "Patsy" Ferruccio (from Canton, OH) was the "mafia's video poker kingpin" and his vending company was one of the first in the country to invent video poker, Liberty Vending, which is son Rocco owns now. Also, Western PA's video poker kingpin was John "Duffy" Conley, a "High ranking" Pittsburgh mob associate who got into the business through Ferruccio. Check out these links:

1. http://mob-who.blogspot.com/2011/04/ferruccio-pasquale-patsy-1917-2006.html

2. http://old.post-gazette.com/regionstate/19991001duffy6.asp

3. http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/local/uncategorized/gambling-kingpin-sent-back-to-prison-434567/

4. http://www.peepsplace.com/showthread.php?p=284312

***The only reason I would question the relationship between Scarfo and Genovese is because Mike Genovese basically was squeezing Joe Nistico for a bigger piece of his action, and for all intensive purposes, his book wasn't generating millions of dollars, as he was a small time operator. If Mike knew he was Nicky's brother in law, I wouldn't think that Nicky and Phil Leonetti would have had to come to Pittsburgh for a sit down that "Mike refused to be a part of" as he sent Chucky Porter, Louis Volpe and Joe Sica (Al D'Arco's cousin) on his behalf.
Posted By: Barbara1957

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 10/31/13 07:23 PM

Genovese from Pittsburgh and Scarfo were not directly related...there was a family tie through marriage on Genovese's mother's side that connected to Scarfo's wife who was a Nistico. Actually, Genovese thought Scarfo was a bag of guido shit.
Posted By: Barbara1957

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 10/31/13 07:28 PM

who is this broad? Have you ever met Merlino's wife??? Talk about uneducated. Are the Borgesi's sill inbreeding or have they decided to all get their tubes tied? I'm sure you were privy to a lot of information sweetheart...are you a road lizard? truck stop princess:)
Posted By: Wilson101

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 10/31/13 11:18 PM

Scarfo Sr. and Mannarino were very friendly through Russell Bufalino, who was extremely close to Mannarino and a partner of his in the Sans Souci Hotel & Casino in Havana, Cuba.

Sans Souci Hotel & Casino? Huh..coincidentally Scarfo Sr got made at a restaurant called Sans Souci in south jersey. Later became the Diamond Diner. Some greek guy i used to know owned the place when it was the Diamond but Gus sold it years back in 2003. It was right near the old Garden State Racetrack.

Is that the same diamond diner that's in lumberton now or where ponzios is now?

Re: Philly on Solid Ground - 10/31/13 11:34 PM

Originally Posted By: VegasMikey

Is that the same diamond diner that's in lumberton now or where ponzios is now?

Not sure about Lumberton, i thought he opened one in Hainesport on rt38 and he had one in Voorhee's too. But Hainesport is right next to Lumberton so it might be the place your thinking of. If it's called the Diamond Diner it probably is. Gus Diamantis owned them with one of his brothers but i think his brother died. The only one i ever went to was the one on rt70 in Cherry Hill before it closed back in 2002 or 2003. It was right near the old Garden State track.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET