Home

How many Families are left?

Posted By: Mr_Willie_Cicci

How many Families are left? - 07/12/13 11:59 PM

If we are to define a functioning family as one with more than ten active (not imprisoned or ailing) made men, how many LCN families are still around? And approximate numbers of made guys in each?

Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: How many Families are left? - 07/13/13 12:03 AM

Genovese-250
Gambino- 200
Luchesse- 125
Bonnano- 110
Colombo- 100
Chicago- 35 (made men is different in Chicago and they've always had less)
Philly- 60
NJ- 50
New England- 50
Detroit- 30
Buffalo- 25
Kansas City- 15
L.A. - 10
Cleveland- 10
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: How many Families are left? - 07/13/13 12:07 AM

Halve your numbers for every family outside NY and Chicago.
Posted By: Logomassini

Re: How many Families are left? - 07/13/13 12:08 AM

I wasn't aware that K.C. had much of anything still going on their? Is that still the Grandson of Civella or someone new running the show?

Re: How many Families are left? - 07/13/13 12:10 AM

Not really a family but there's still activity from the remnants of them.
Posted By: Logomassini

Re: How many Families are left? - 07/13/13 12:12 AM

I got that wrong as well. Anthony Civella is the nephew of Nick Civella and his Dad was Corky. But I'm just reading now that the guy in charge now is John Sciortino. But their really isn't much about it
Posted By: Dellacroce

Re: How many Families are left? - 07/13/13 12:14 AM

Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
Halve your numbers for every family outside NY and Chicago.
no his numbers for philly, jersey, and new england are pretty accurate just not all the guys are out on the street.

Re: How many Families are left? - 07/13/13 12:16 AM

Yeah I just read the on the street part of the question so half of those totals would probably be close. But including jail those numbers would be pretty close.
Posted By: vinnietoothpicks26

Re: How many Families are left? - 07/13/13 12:17 AM

If you were to add up all the numbers of made guys in the philly family, including all the guys in the joint; even the ones who are never coming home, I still think 50 may be the max. Thats including guys like Scarfo Sr, Joey Cianc Sr and Jr, stanfa and his kid and Martinez.
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: How many Families are left? - 07/13/13 12:31 AM

Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1

Detroit- 30
Buffalo- 25
Kansas City- 15
L.A. - 10
Cleveland- 10

None of these are functioning families either.

NONE (yes Detroit, I'm talking about u)

Re: How many Families are left? - 07/13/13 12:44 AM

He asked about families with at least 10 members, which all of those do. I think Detroit is still a viable family but Buffalo, Cleveland, L.A. , and Kansas city aren't. But those 4 still have members and activity. But there not an organized family.
Posted By: Scalish

Re: How many Families are left? - 07/13/13 01:30 AM

Not sure Cleveland or L.A have 10 there close but not ten.
Posted By: Detroit

Re: How many Families are left? - 07/13/13 03:41 AM

The fuck you talking about? Detroit has members that are still capable of earning. I'm from the Detroit suburbs, trust me, there's a lot of earning opportunities. They might not be focused in the Detroit neighborhoods, but man, they're still active. They had a petty bust back in 07 if I'm not mistaken.
Posted By: GilScottHeron

Re: How many Families are left? - 07/13/13 06:50 AM

is there anything worth stealing in detroit?

maybe they've cornered the market in boarding up windows
Posted By: short841

Re: How many Families are left? - 07/13/13 08:24 AM

Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1
Genovese-250
Gambino- 200
Luchesse- 125
Bonnano- 110
Colombo- 100
Chicago- 35 (made men is different in Chicago and they've always had less)
Philly- 60
NJ- 50
New England- 50
Detroit- 30
Buffalo- 25
Kansas City- 15
L.A. - 10
Cleveland- 10

How may times? last four aren't active
Posted By: mulberry

Re: How many Families are left? - 07/13/13 01:50 PM

Originally Posted By: GilScottHeron
is there anything worth stealing in detroit?

maybe they've cornered the market in boarding up windows

you guys dont seem to understand that they moved to the suburbs decades ago. they are still in gambling and shakedown along with other white collar schemes. they will disintegrate like kc though.
Posted By: mulberry

Re: How many Families are left? - 07/13/13 01:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Mr_Willie_Cicci
If we are to define a functioning family as one with more than ten active (not imprisoned or ailing) made men, how many LCN families are still around? And approximate numbers of made guys in each?

i would say a family needs more than one crew. otherwise there is no lcn structure of boss,underboss, capos etc
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: How many Families are left? - 07/13/13 03:29 PM

Again, I would keep from coming up with some arbitrary number to define a viable family. The two best criteria are some semblance of a formal structure and ongoing activity. That said, one can see that neither of these things are found when a family's numbers get too low. It's no coincidence that the families with the biggest numbers are the ones still around. The figures below are total members. The number of active members is going to vary from family to family and is in constant fluctuation.

Genovese - Approximately 200 members were cited in the 2007 indictment against acting boss Danny Leo.

Gambino - Approximately 200 members were cited in the 2010 indictment of ruling panel member Danny Marino and the 2011 detention memo of ruling panel member Bobby Vernace.

Lucchese - Approximately 100 members cited in 2009 NY Daily News article. 110+ members had been cited previously in the 2004 NJ OC report.

Colombo - Approximately 100 members cited in 2009 NY Daily News article. 112 members had been cited previously in the 2004 NJ OC report.

Bonanno - Approximately 100 members cited in 2013 NY Daily News article. 115 members had been cited previously in 2003 indictment against captain Frank Coppa.

New Jersey - 40 members cited in 2004 NJ OC report. 40-50 members cited by Jerry Capeci in 2005.

New England - Approximately a dozen members cited for the Providence faction in 2003 article, 25-35 members cited for the Boston faction in 2006 and 2008 articles. There are also a few left in Connecticut. General range is 40-50 members.

Philadelphia - Approximately 50 members cited in the 2004 NJ OC report.

Chicago - 25 to 30 members estimated cited by FBI officials in 2005 and 2007 articles.

Detroit - 30 members cited in 1996 indictment and 2001 article; 25 members cited in 2006 book Motor City Mafia. (Several members have died since then)

Buffalo - A 2012 article referred to a 2006 FBI chart that had 23 members. (A few members have died since then)

* I haven't seen recent official estimates for any of the other families, which alone is indicative of there not being many left. Except for maybe Kansas City, all the others would be at 10 or under at this point. Several of them even down to a few living members or none at all.

Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: How many Families are left? - 07/13/13 03:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Detroit
The fuck you talking about? Detroit has members that are still capable of earning. I'm from the Detroit suburbs, trust me, there's a lot of earning opportunities. They might not be focused in the Detroit neighborhoods, but man, they're still active. They had a petty bust back in 07 if I'm not mistaken.

It was in 2006 that they had the bookmaking bust. Which was pretty much the only semi-significant case involving the Detroit mob since the big 1996 bust and until the present.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET