Home

Massino Released

Posted By: azguy

Massino Released - 07/10/13 11:08 PM

as reported by the NY Post

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/brooklyn/mob_boss_massino_set_to_go_free_O6lVztILOUirmfVobjhXqJ
Posted By: viper

Re: Massino Released - 07/10/13 11:20 PM

everyone repents after being convicted
Posted By: Iceman999

Re: Massino Released - 07/11/13 01:28 AM

Who knows, maybe they'll move him in next to Joe Pistone? smile
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: Massino Released - 07/11/13 01:55 AM

I call February before his book comes out.

March the movie deal.
Once Travolta's wrapped up 'GOTTI' he should be free to shoot 'MASSINO'...
Good looking Sal, l'm going with Pitt.

That should all subsidise his 'few modest rental properties'

Joke.
Attention all Wise guys!
Press release!
From now on, don't flip BEFORE trial! Roll the dice! Then, if it doesn't work out... YOU CAN ALWAYS FLIP AND WALK AFTER!
Who knows, maybe Travolta will play YOU someday!

8 murders, 10yrs. One year per murder.
What. A. Joke.
Posted By: bobbytran

Re: Massino Released - 07/11/13 03:13 AM

This is just rediculous, I have never been a fan of turncoats getting sweet deals (Leonetti, Gravano, Casso almost). But at least the first 2 I mentioned did a lot of work for the government, what did Massino do? Testified against Basciano, who won or lost would of been doing life in supermax regardless, and this genovese guy who got off? As a crimnal Justice Major in College really irritates me. But yet the guys in Philly are looking at 17-21 years on simple gambling charges tied into a rico.
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: Massino Released - 07/11/13 03:26 AM

Originally Posted By: bobbytran
But yet the guys in Philly are looking at 17-21 years on simple gambling charges tied into a rico.

+1 to that!

Gambling 20yrs.
8 murders 10yrs.
Posted By: vinnietoothpicks26

Re: Massino Released - 07/11/13 03:33 AM

Feds wanna make you feel like you got 3 ways out; dead in a cage for life or cooperating. There is a 4th choice; tell them to suck a dick and take a walk.
Posted By: FrankMazola

Re: Massino Released - 07/11/13 04:57 AM

Originally Posted By: vinnietoothpicks26
Feds wanna make you feel like you got 3 ways out; dead in a cage for life or cooperating. There is a 4th choice; tell them to suck a dick and take a walk.

+1

Yet, when you're looking at 20 years… there's plenty of examples of guys that rolled the dice and ended up dying in the can.
Posted By: jace

Re: Massino Released - 07/11/13 05:04 AM

Originally Posted By: bobbytran
This is just rediculous, I have never been a fan of turncoats getting sweet deals (Leonetti, Gravano, Casso almost). But at least the first 2 I mentioned did a lot of work for the government, what did Massino do? Testified against Basciano, who won or lost would of been doing life in supermax regardless, and this genovese guy who got off? As a crimnal Justice Major in College really irritates me. But yet the guys in Philly are looking at 17-21 years on simple gambling charges tied into a rico.

He also waited till after he was convicted. His deal was supposed to be his wife would keep his money if he cooperated, yet he would still have to do life in prison. So much for life in prison. This is disgraceful.
Posted By: Ted

Re: Massino Released - 07/11/13 05:23 AM

Weren't they trying to give Massino the death penalty before he flipped? So the government felt his crimes were so bad that he should be killed, but then thinks those same crimes aren't so bad and he should walk free. panic
Posted By: Lenin_and_McCarthy

Re: Massino Released - 07/11/13 06:17 AM

Originally Posted By: Ted
Weren't they trying to give Massino the death penalty before he flipped? So the government felt his crimes were so bad that he should be killed, but then thinks those same crimes aren't so bad and he should walk free. panic

Maybe the death penalty was only a bargaining chip all along.
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: Massino Released - 07/11/13 09:14 AM

A good, detailed, truthful book with all the names and dates told by Massino would be AWESOME!
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Massino Released - 07/11/13 11:47 AM

http://iajournal.com/ex-mob-boss-joseph-massino-to-be-freed-from-prison/

The biggest rat in mafia history is being let out of his cage reports the New York times.

Joseph Massino, the former mob boss who admitted killing 12 men in his rise to the top of the Bonanno crime family, was given his freedom from two life sentences on Wednesday because of his cooperation with prosecutors.

Massino, who headed the vicious mob family from 1991 to 2003, was facing life in prison for eight gangland slayings.

Instead, he will be released from prison in two months and relocated with a new identity in the witness protection program and remain under FBI supervision for the rest of his life.

His only words Wednesday were an apology of sorts. “I pray every night for all of the people I hurt, especially the victims’ families,” he said.

Massino was convicted at a 2004 trial on charges he had a hand in multiple gangland murders, including the shotgun slayings of three rival gangsters and the execution of another mobster who vouched for FBI undercover agent Joe Pistone in the 1990s. Pistone’s story became a movie starring Johnny Depp and Al Pacino in Donnie Brasco.

After offering to cooperate, Massino secretly recorded his jailhouse conversations with the then-acting boss of the Bonannos, Vincent “Vinny Gorgeous” Basciano. He then testified at a 2011 trial that resulted in Basciano’s conviction.
Posted By: cookcounty

Re: Massino Released - 07/11/13 03:09 PM

Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples
http://iajournal.com/ex-mob-boss-joseph-massino-to-be-freed-from-prison/

The biggest rat in mafia history is being let out of his cage reports the New York times.

Joseph Massino, the former mob boss who admitted killing 12 men in his rise to the top of the Bonanno crime family, was given his freedom from two life sentences on Wednesday because of his cooperation with prosecutors.

Massino, who headed the vicious mob family from 1991 to 2003, was facing life in prison for eight gangland slayings.

Instead, he will be released from prison in two months and relocated with a new identity in the witness protection program and remain under FBI supervision for the rest of his life.

His only words Wednesday were an apology of sorts. “I pray every night for all of the people I hurt, especially the victims’ families,” he said.

Massino was convicted at a 2004 trial on charges he had a hand in multiple gangland murders, including the shotgun slayings of three rival gangsters and the execution of another mobster who vouched for FBI undercover agent Joe Pistone in the 1990s. Pistone’s story became a movie starring Johnny Depp and Al Pacino in Donnie Brasco.

After offering to cooperate, Massino secretly recorded his jailhouse conversations with the then-acting boss of the Bonannos, Vincent “Vinny Gorgeous” Basciano. He then testified at a 2011 trial that resulted in Basciano’s conviction.

massino should've gotten life imprison for that alone

total fucking low-life
Posted By: Lilange

Re: Massino Released - 07/11/13 03:43 PM

It's funny how him and his brother in law are both out. Makes you think and massino still has his home and all the property that his daughter has in Howard beach and you can bet tons of cash
Posted By: Snakes

Re: Massino Released - 07/11/13 03:47 PM

The guy is probably gonna keel over in the next couple of years anyway.
Posted By: mike68

Re: Massino Released - 07/11/13 04:18 PM

What's crazy is it's the 'witness' protection program.

So they're protecting a guy who was a 'witness' to crimes that wouldn't have happened if he didn't order them to happen!! This is brutal.

Re: Massino Released - 07/11/13 04:26 PM

100% he was the boss
Posted By: Shamm11375

Re: Massino Released - 07/11/13 07:18 PM

I find somebody like him in witness protection interesting... I mean... his face has been plastered across news stories across the world... certainly somebody would recognize him wherever he is moved to.. i would think

what a luckbox this guy he is...
Posted By: bronx

Re: Massino Released - 07/11/13 07:39 PM

he won't last, he will opt out..move to n.j.
Posted By: cheech

Re: Massino Released - 07/11/13 07:43 PM

Originally Posted By: bronx

+1
Posted By: cookcounty

Re: Massino Released - 07/11/13 07:58 PM

take over the north jersey family and initiate 13 new members

Re: Massino Released - 07/11/13 09:32 PM

I'm assuming this is a joke. The first AP reports made it clear the FBI is watching him for the rest of his life.
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: Massino Released - 07/12/13 12:06 AM

Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles
A good, detailed, truthful book with all the names and dates told by Massino would be AWESOME!

Agreed.

Re: Massino Released - 07/12/13 01:23 AM

second that..it will come

Re: Massino Released - 07/12/13 01:26 AM

fbi will not waste men watching him or anyone else, he will be in the witsec guys hands..
Posted By: Logomassini

Re: Massino Released - 07/12/13 02:27 AM

Top 3 of the biggest rats in history next to Valachi and Gravano. If I had to put it in a certain order it would go: 1) Valachi 2) Massino 3) Gravano. The only reason I put Valachi first is because he basically opened the front door to LCN, and the only reason Massino gets 2nd is because the stronzo was a Boss. And in my opinion Gravano was sick of Gottis bullshit just like eveyone else he just said f*** it. On a side note,* Gotti in my eyes was one of the worst bosses in the history of LCN.*

Massino put a huge black smudge on the Mafia and pretty much was the beginning of the end of Omertà. He single handily made LCN look like a joke and pretty much stained the whole thing. He should rot in jail like Basciano most definetly will. If I was the Feds I would've made him spend his past years in Florence just like Vinny. But we all know that would never happen, but boy would it be hilarious. Can you imagine the look on Massino's face when he meets his new celly and standing before him is Basciano. Can you say Shart?
Posted By: South_Made

Re: Massino Released - 07/12/13 02:53 AM

I think it just shows the times we live in now, I mean he basically had people offed for cooperating only in the end to do the same thing himself.
Posted By: Logomassini

Re: Massino Released - 07/12/13 03:11 AM

Totally agree. Shows who really has the nuts to take a pinch like a man. He killed plenty he thought would flip or potentially did flip in his own paranoid mind. Not a fan of Joe Massino. Although the story about him giving the electronic recording device back to the Feds is pretty hilarious. That's about the only thing I like about the guy. He's a big fat stronzo.
Posted By: Ted

Re: Massino Released - 07/12/13 03:15 AM

Originally Posted By: Lenin_and_McCarthy
Originally Posted By: Ted

Maybe the death penalty was only a bargaining chip all along.

It most likely was, but it doesn't look good for the pro-death penalty argument.
Posted By: F_white

Re: Massino Released - 07/12/13 05:51 AM

everyone in jail need to become a rat,what or who next save your own ass.
Posted By: bigboy

Re: Massino Released - 07/13/13 01:07 PM

Kinda hard to believe they would release this piece of shit after only 10 years. His main accomplishment was recording Basciano but I think the FBI was close to getting him even without Massino's betrayal. As someone has said perhaps he will keel over if he is still carrying those 300 pounds. Surely someone will recognize him out there

Re: Massino Released - 07/13/13 01:18 PM

Originally Posted By: bigboy
Kinda hard to believe they would release this piece of shit after only 10 years. His main accomplishment was recording Basciano but I think the FBI was close to getting him even without Massino's betrayal. As someone has said perhaps he will keel over if he is still carrying those 300 pounds. Surely someone will recognize him out there

Bigboy the funny thing is that now most rats don't go into the program the stay in the neighborhood. They lock up 15 guys on a case 12 flip usually the 3 guys that are stand up are the ones that are facing minor charges but get hit the hardest. A guy that kills another guy shouldn't be able to flip on the guy that drove the car.
Posted By: frankg2469

Re: Massino Released - 12/01/13 09:25 AM

Joey "The Whale" Massino----as he was called by his DEAR friend---John Gotti.
Posted By: domwoods74

Re: Massino Released - 12/01/13 09:34 AM

Would have gone down as one of the greatest bosses of all time if he hadn't of ratted , what he did with the bonnano family after the whole Donnie Brasco affair was astounding . The bonnano family was on its knees , he closed down all the social clubs and stopped members going to wakes and funerals to limit law enforcement scrutiny . The built the bonnanos up to being arguably one of the strongest families in the country in the mid 90s . Being kicked off the commission stood them in good sted , it allowed them to fly under the radar wen all the other New York families were being prosecuted left right and centre
Posted By: bigboy

Re: Massino Released - 12/02/13 01:44 AM

Yeah, Massino seemed to be more security conscious than say Gotti who's huge ego gave the FBI lots of opportunities for surveillance. Massino seemed to be more low key and less obvious. I just can't imagine him walking around the streets of Brooklyn without some wannabe taking a shot at him to get points with other mob bosses. Does anyone here know where he is living (Area) or has he been observed on the street ????
Posted By: Dellacroce

Re: Massino Released - 12/02/13 02:18 AM

Originally Posted By: bigboy
Yeah, Massino seemed to be more security conscious than say Gotti who's huge ego gave the FBI lots of opportunities for surveillance. Massino seemed to be more low key and less obvious. I just can't imagine him walking around the streets of Brooklyn without some wannabe taking a shot at him to get points with other mob bosses. Does anyone here know where he is living (Area) or has he been observed on the street ????

As soon as he was released he was put into the witness protection program, so i doubt hes anywhere near Brooklyn lol, and if the US Marshall's arent completely terrible at what they do, his current location isnt something that can be posted on some internet OC message board wink.

Re: Massino Released - 12/07/13 07:26 PM

So I was adding the relevant information from this to Joey's Wikipedia article

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-...ticle-1.1521514

And I had a thought...what if he's losing his memory? And if he is, is that the reason he said the Sonny Black hit had nothing to do with Pistone?

And would it even matter much? Basciano already had a life sentence.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET