Home

Why were the old timers called "Mustache Petes"?

Posted By: Mr_Willie_Cicci

Why were the old timers called "Mustache Petes"? - 07/03/13 12:39 AM

I've looked at pictures of Marazano, Masseria, etc, all the guys commonly called Mustache Petes, and yet...none of them actually had mustaches! I don't get it, or why some families put a ban on mustaches, when none of these so-called mustache Petes even had mustaches!

Can someone explain?
Posted By: LittleNicky

Re: Why were the old timers called "Mustache Petes"? - 07/03/13 12:45 AM

Cecci-

You have two options.

Either go directly to wiki or google. And type in "Mustache Petes"

OR

Find one of our tried and true googler/wikipedia nerd posters and PM them these damn questions.
Posted By: Dellacroce

Re: Why were the old timers called "Mustache Petes"? - 07/03/13 12:50 AM

It was just a deragatory term used to describe the old world mobsters who were seen as outdated unaware of the many opportunities that were in america. I think the mustache thing is a contrast where scicly=mustaches and america=clean shaven.
Posted By: Lou_Para

Re: Why were the old timers called "Mustache Petes"? - 07/03/13 12:57 AM

Good one! I've seen pictures of some of these guys hundreds of times,and I never realized that they really didn't have mustaches.I had to chuckle.
That aside,the term refers mostly to the old-time first generation Sicilian Mafiosi that came over.It's really a slightly derogatory stereotype, much like calling all old ladies blue-hairs.
Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: Why were the old timers called "Mustache Petes"? - 07/03/13 12:57 AM

Originally Posted By: LittleNicky
Cecci-

You have two options.

Either go directly to wiki or google. And type in "Mustache Petes"

OR

Find one of our tried and true googler/wikipedia nerd posters and PM them these damn questions.

OR
He can post whatever he wants. What gives you the right to say what people can post?
Posted By: LittleNicky

Re: Why were the old timers called "Mustache Petes"? - 07/03/13 01:00 AM

Because this dude now has about 15 threads in the span of a day. Most of which ask moronic or otherwise worthless questions.
Posted By: SC

Re: Why were the old timers called "Mustache Petes"? - 07/03/13 01:11 AM

Because this dude now has about 15 threads in the span of a day. Most of which ask moronic or otherwise worthless questions.

Calm down. If you don't like a particular poster just ignore him or her.
Posted By: F_white

Re: Why were the old timers called "Mustache Petes"? - 07/03/13 01:19 AM

Mustache petes are Sicily mobster i think
Posted By: Feech_La_Manna85

Re: Why were the old timers called "Mustache Petes"? - 07/03/13 05:24 AM

So dont read em douche...that simple
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET