Home

William Cutolo Jr.

Posted By: BKLYN2NASSAU

William Cutolo Jr. - 07/02/13 06:37 AM

Hey guys, new to the site, have browsed around for awhile but just got around to making an account. First thread I'm creating. Im originally from Bensonhurst Brooklyn but recently moved to Long Island, so I know what its like to grow up in a mob neighborhood.

Dont know much about Billy Cutolo, read about him in a few books, his passage in Andrew Didonato's book really got to me. After his fathers death he saw first hand how rotten LCN had become, and the easy thing for a street guy to do would be exact revenge in blood. He chose a different path for the sake of his family and children, so that the cycle would be broken.

What I respected about Billy so much was unlike most other rats who have a sudden change of heart AFTER theyre caught and facing jail time, Billy was not in trouble with the law when he cooperated, he only wanted justice for his dad. Not everything in life is black and white, you can't just assume all rats are created equal.

I would love to find out more about Billy Cutolo if anyone has any insight into his story.
Posted By: Feech_La_Manna85

Re: William Cutolo Jr. - 07/02/13 08:56 AM

You prob saw this but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQjhsGmzpMI
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: William Cutolo Jr. - 07/02/13 09:22 AM

If you´re interested in reading articles on Cutolo Jr, Cosa Nostra News blogspot have some good stuff. Click on the link.

http://cosa-nostra-news.blogspot.se/#uds-search-results

Put "Cutolo Jr" in the search field and you will find the articles. They are well researched and well written.

Welcome aboard!
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: William Cutolo Jr. - 07/02/13 12:42 PM

Can't stand that guy, that whole YouTube documentary is cringey to say the least.

He says he was outside Al Persicos house about to kill him, can't remember how it went but he said something like he saw a picture of his kids and that stopped him.

Bullshit, he bottled it. In fact I'm pretty sure he wasn't even there.

His dad was a legend though, the Persicos are so stupid, whacking him out was the biggest mistake they made.

Re: William Cutolo Jr. - 07/02/13 01:23 PM

Originally Posted By: TommyGambino

His dad was a legend though, the Persicos are so stupid, whacking him out was the biggest mistake they made.

The orders to whack Cutolo Sr most probably came from Persico Sr himself. Whacking people or demoting them within the Colombo Family has been/still is (?) a Carmine Persico trade mark. Numerous of top Colombo guys have been killed or demoted due to Persico´s insecurity and will to hold on to the top spot. Andy "Mush" Russo (in the early 1980s), Sonny Franzese, Charlie "Moose" Panarella, Jimmy "Brown" Clemenza, Sal Profaci, Tommy "Shorty" Spero, Jimmy Angellino, Joe "T" Tomasello and Benny Aloi comes to mind. And of course, Cutolo Sr who served as official underboss in the late 1980s but demoted because Persico feared Cutolo Sr had gained too much power.
Posted By: SilentPartnerz

Re: William Cutolo Jr. - 07/02/13 01:54 PM

Yep, and the crazy thing is - is half the family is either blood or marriage related to Carmine Persico. In another thread (posted on one of the three forums) someone made a list of his 'relatives'. It was about 40 or 50 guys. I know Cutolo was not one of them, but Orena was. So is Andy Mush. Carmine kills these guys to keep himself and 'his' family in power. Whether or not you like it or agree with it, you cannot deny that it has worked. He IS still boss and will be until he dies. The thing I am waiting to see, is if his son Little Allie Boy will take over as official boss when Carmine dies. Or, will another mutiny/war take place.
Posted By: azguy

Re: William Cutolo Jr. - 07/02/13 02:36 PM

Power..? what power..? the guys been in jail for a lifetime and now his son has the same honor.

Someone should have paid a guy on the inside to shank Persico Sr. and be done with this nightmare of a family chapter.
Posted By: jace

Re: William Cutolo Jr. - 07/02/13 06:40 PM

Originally Posted By: azguy
Power..? what power..? the guys been in jail for a lifetime and now his son has the same honor.

Someone should have paid a guy on the inside to shank Persico Sr. and be done with this nightmare of a family chapter.

His name is famous, so it gets used in news reports and by investigators all the time. I agree he can't have any power. He has been locked away since 1985, and before that he had done a lot of time. I think the Columbos have long been split into separate factions that let each go own way. The Scarpa war was exception of course.

Re: William Cutolo Jr. - 07/02/13 07:13 PM

Originally Posted By: SilentPartnerz
Yep, and the crazy thing is - is half the family is either blood or marriage related to Carmine Persico. In another thread (posted on one of the three forums) someone made a list of his 'relatives'. It was about 40 or 50 guys. I know Cutolo was not one of them, but Orena was. So is Andy Mush. Carmine kills these guys to keep himself and 'his' family in power. Whether or not you like it or agree with it, you cannot deny that it has worked. He IS still boss and will be until he dies. The thing I am waiting to see, is if his son Little Allie Boy will take over as official boss when Carmine dies. Or, will another mutiny/war take place.

Yeah it worked for him and his blood relatives, but his stupid mistakes cost his son getting life in prison at a young age, look, at the rest of his relatives, theyre mainly all locked up. that's the sole reason the Clombos are a laughing stock right now.

If Orena won the war the family would be in much better shape right now. Persico is probably the worst LCN boss in history.
Posted By: F_white

Re: William Cutolo Jr. - 07/02/13 07:31 PM

Carmine is one Of the worst boss ever
Posted By: Scalish

Re: William Cutolo Jr. - 07/02/13 08:03 PM

The only thing the Persico's can do is re-produce.
Posted By: DiLorenzo

Re: William Cutolo Jr. - 07/02/13 08:35 PM

He says he was outside Al Persicos house about to kill him, can't remember how it went but he said something like he saw a picture of his kids and that stopped him.

Bullshit, he bottled it. In fact I'm pretty sure he wasn't even there.
I laughed out loud when he said that..He dreamed that one up !!!
Posted By: vinnietoothpicks26

Re: William Cutolo Jr. - 07/02/13 08:40 PM

Cutolo is a nobody. He was never anyobody and they didn't even use his testimony. It was all bullshit. His dad didn't think he was cut out for it. NOt tough enough for the street and certainly not smart enough for the real world.
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: William Cutolo Jr. - 07/02/13 10:00 PM

Was Cutola Jnr made?

Re: William Cutolo Jr. - 07/02/13 10:12 PM

No. A wannabe whose position as associate was debatable.
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: William Cutolo Jr. - 07/02/13 11:00 PM

Originally Posted By: vinnietoothpicks26
No. A wannabe whose position as associate was debatable.

Thanks mate.
Posted By: BKLYN2NASSAU

Re: William Cutolo Jr. - 07/02/13 11:03 PM

The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle between Billy's version of events and his sisters. To me the most important aspect was he didn't take the easy way out. He could have gone along bring a wanna be or went to jail for murder but he tried to break the cycle of violence that haunted his family

Re: William Cutolo Jr. - 07/02/13 11:50 PM

Didnt take the easy way out? He became a RAT........
Posted By: LittleNicky

Re: William Cutolo Jr. - 07/03/13 12:02 AM

Billy was a wannabe. He could have never taken revenge because he was a nobody and not a tough nobody at that. He screwed up everything he touched- he couldn't even rat correctly (ie got kicked out of witness protection for being a two bit criminal).
Posted By: DonCarlo76

Re: William Cutolo Jr. - 07/03/13 02:53 AM

Wild Bill would've been a great boss for the Colombos. Street guy that everyone in the neighborhood loved

Re: William Cutolo Jr. - 07/03/13 02:33 PM

Originally Posted By: DonCarlo76
Wild Bill would've been a great boss for the Colombos. Street guy that everyone in the neighborhood loved

Absolutely, without doubt the most intelligent Colombo member during the 90's, also just as tough and feared as anyone on the street.
Posted By: Little_Frankie

Re: William Cutolo Jr. - 07/03/13 02:53 PM

Absolutely, without doubt the most intelligent Colombo member during the 90's, also just as tough and feared as anyone on the street.

I agree that he would have made a great boss, maybe one of the best of all time. However, even if he was never murdered he was looking at some major time so it's unlikely we would have ever known for sure. If I remember correctly, the feds were tailing him the day he vanished because they were closing in on him. His time on the street was coming to an end.

As far as JR goes, I've corresponded with him a few times and I think he's a decent guy. IMO, here is the biggest thing to remember about JR. You can call him a "rat" but to me, a rat is someone who is caught and sells out his friends to save his ass because they don't have the balls to stand up and be accountable for their actions. At the time Billy JR "ratted" he wasn't facing any case. He was a free man. That is proof enough to me that he "ratted" for the right reasons. His only motivation was to avenge his fathers death. Good for him. It sounds like he's a changed man and I wish him well.

Re: William Cutolo Jr. - 07/03/13 02:57 PM

Was there any testimony on how Wild Bill was killed...?

He's seems like he would have been smart and leery about just getting into a car or showing up in a dark basement...

Re: William Cutolo Jr. - 07/03/13 03:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Little_Frankie

I agree that he would have made a great boss, maybe one of the best of all time. However, even if he was never murdered he was looking at some major time so it's unlikely we would have ever known for sure. If I remember correctly, the feds were tailing him the day he vanished because they were closing in on him. His time on the street was coming to an end.

As far as JR goes, I've corresponded with him a few times and I think he's a decent guy. IMO, here is the biggest thing to remember about JR. You can call him a "rat" but to me, a rat is someone who is caught and sells out his friends to save his ass because they don't have the balls to stand up and be accountable for their actions. At the time Billy JR "ratted" he wasn't facing any case. He was a free man. That is proof enough to me that he "ratted" for the right reasons. His only motivation was to avenge his fathers death. Good for him. It sounds like he's a changed man and I wish him well.

Just for the record...if it´s not an imposter, Jr has joined "overthere".
Posted By: Little_Frankie

Re: William Cutolo Jr. - 07/03/13 03:18 PM

Was there any testimony on how Wild Bill was killed...?

He's seems like he would have been smart and leery about just getting into a car or showing up in a dark basement...

According to someone who flipped, he met some guys in a park who were supposed to take him to a meeting with Allie Boy. They drove him to Dino Saracinos house (which was nothing more than a basement apartment in his "mommy's" house......what a loser!) and led him into the basement. On the way down he asked if Allie Boy was coming which means he probably realized what was happening. According to the informant, when Will Bill reached the bottom of the stairs Dino Calabro shot him in the head.

Re: William Cutolo Jr. - 07/03/13 10:50 PM

I guess if the boss calls you got to go..
Posted By: Serpiente

Re: William Cutolo Jr. - 07/28/13 01:08 PM

The only way wild Bill got in a car and down into basement was if Jackie was there or Ally was there...no way he was taking an order from anyone else.
Posted By: Skinny

Re: William Cutolo Jr. - 07/28/13 04:26 PM

I always thought it originally was from allie but jackie was why his guard was down.

Re: William Cutolo Jr. - 07/28/13 04:35 PM

I dont know but there no way he is going for a ride with soldier no way.It had to b someone big ,it had to b lots of money involved or wild would duck out. I have known Carmine Ally MIke Larry the Teddys Sean and more .Spent my life around them .And i still cant figure it out.
Posted By: Caramela77

Re: William Cutolo Jr. - 07/28/13 07:19 PM

Guys have you heard about any possible book being written on Wild Bill Cutolo?
Posted By: billcee8

Re: William Cutolo Jr. - 08/06/13 12:15 AM

yes I do.. Why do you ask... Billy
Posted By: Caramela77

Re: William Cutolo Jr. - 08/06/13 01:11 AM

Just find they guy very interesting and would like to read a book about him. So what's it called?

Re: William Cutolo Jr. - 08/06/13 06:40 PM

Forgive me Carmela77 but I cannot share that information just yet. Thank you for the interest. When we are ready to share, you will be one of the first. smile StAy in touch.....
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: William Cutolo Jr. - 08/06/13 06:55 PM

Originally Posted By: billcee8
Forgive me Carmela77 but I cannot share that information just yet. Thank you for the interest. When we are ready to share, you will be one of the first. smile StAy in touch.....

Billy Cutolo was a hardcore gangster and one who was very charitable. Talk about opposites and extremes. He would have made a great boss. Shame of how the took him out and they then search his home for money.

Re: William Cutolo Jr. - 08/06/13 07:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Beanshooter
Originally Posted By: billcee8

Billy Cutolo was a hardcore gangster and one who was very charitable. Talk about opposites and extremes. He would have made a great boss. Shame of how the took him out and they then search his home for money.
Thats how it works,And dont forget who Ally lerned from..Not suprised one bit..

Re: William Cutolo Jr. - 08/07/13 03:02 PM

THAT he was. I STILL do not get it., but YES,, THAT's the LIFE. He was GREAT at his job, problem was he TRUSTED them KNOWINGLY it could be his demise. His charities are the ones who have SUFFERED the most. Leukemia, Battered Women and Children, Angel Guardian's for the Elderly and thats not including helping the homeless. THAT part of Bill Jackie and Ally HATED. They felt that was MORE money that SHOULD have been going into the Colombo Family pockets...and he REFUSED.. Talk to you later on....
Posted By: domwoods74

Re: William Cutolo Jr. - 12/01/13 12:23 PM

I've spoke to bill jnr on a number of occasions , he has stated to me he is writing a book about his father . Looking forward to reading it if it gets released
Posted By: jasonSP

Re: William Cutolo Jr. - 12/01/13 01:04 PM

Cutolo's jr a real piece of shit!
Posted By: Marbala

Re: William Cutolo Jr. - 01/15/14 06:24 AM

This kid was a clown (Billy Jr). Type of kid who would run home to daddy and get 5 kids heads busted up because he was a pussy who couldn't do shit himself. Biggest wannabe in bklyn. Just like every other mobsters kids, little Gas, Joey Scarpa, Cutulo Jr, Gerald Gravano etc they all took total advantage of there fathers reputation. But this kids a clown, black Dom & Rico had there hands full protecting this kid. Billy sr was a legit tuff guy and normally I would give his son a pass based soley on that. This kid ain't no hero, he ratted cause he couldn't look in the mirror every morning knowing that the only reason he was alive is because the guys who killed his father knew he had no heart to revenge him. A coward never a wise guy.
Posted By: tiger84

Re: William Cutolo Jr. - 01/15/14 10:35 AM

what was little gas like?was he a physco like his dad
Posted By: F_white

Re: William Cutolo Jr. - 01/15/14 06:00 PM

He is a fucking joke a nobody.
Posted By: MobMan

Re: William Cutolo Jr. - 01/15/14 06:47 PM

I don't think Sammy the Bull's son was a bad guy ?

Re: William Cutolo Jr. - 01/18/14 07:00 AM

I'm not trying to outright abuse these kids (Gerald Gravano , lil Casso, they were both kids when their fathers flipped, however they both took total advantage of their father's position. And if not for that they would have been beaten senseless on the reg. Being a son of a wise guy,capo,boss whatever has many advantages to young kids in that life, as long as their fathers don't rat or get killed these kids can run around with immunity. When that happens you have stories like Cutulo Jr. I could be the toughest most feared boxer in the history of the world if all my opponents were handcuffed.

Re: William Cutolo Jr. - 01/18/14 07:01 AM

PS little gas was nothing like his father!
Posted By: LittleNicky

Re: William Cutolo Jr. - 01/15/15 10:19 PM

Is it me or does bill's son sound light in the loafers.
Posted By: DuesPaid

Re: William Cutolo Jr. - 01/15/15 10:46 PM

Agree.

Also, Billy Boy was a good Kid and a Good Son, Honored Bill, his Dad and all his family and friends, all his young life. After that, I dont know, a facade has to be built after you get fucked I guess. God Bless you Billy Boy.

Your Dad Bill was a Good Man.

DP
Posted By: Crash

Re: William Cutolo Jr. - 01/15/15 10:55 PM

I didnt know Casso had a son. Is his son still in brooklyn? I never heard he was a problem?
Posted By: Malandrino

Re: William Cutolo Jr. - 01/16/15 06:35 AM

The guy is schizophrenic and bipolar... he's got a YouTube account and he hunts down commenters on videos where he's in, usually with some long rants full of grammatical errors.
Also from what I hear he was never really liked in the streets and was never really a "wiseguy" so to speak, he was just "Billy's kid" sort of like how Karen was just "Sammy's girl." Hell, I think even Albert DeMeo was involved more in the life than him.

Anyway, I read that his family pretty much disowned him after he ratted and his sisters say he was always a problem in the family and a big source of headaches for Wild Bill.
Me personally I kinda feel bad for him.. oh, and I REALLY doubt he went to Allie Boy's house ready to whack him and that he threatened Jackie DeRoss face to face.. that sounds like some movie drama.

I always wondered what's up with Casso's son... I have no idea how he handled all that. I don't know but I highly doubt he turned out a Boy Scout.
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: William Cutolo Jr. - 01/16/15 08:18 AM

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/co...rticle-1.302851

Wild Bill Cutolo on the NYPD missing persons Web Site
Wild Bill Cutolo on the NYPD missing persons Web Site
William Cutolo Jr. still can't believe the mobsters who put a bullet in his father's head were stupid enough to bury the body - or disrespectful enough to leave him in his loafers.

"My father must be smiling down on us. Now we have the body. Now we have the evidence," Cutolo told the Daily News in an exclusive interview.

His dad, William (Wild Bill) Cutolo, was underboss of the Colombo crime family when he was killed in 1999. His murder was ordered by acting boss Alphonse (Allie Boy) Persico, who feared losing control to Wild Bill, a charismatic rival.

"Why did they bury the body? I thought Allie would have been smarter," Cutolo, 36, said.

GALLERY: 'WILD BILL' DOMESTICATED
Until this month, the prevailing theory was that Cutolo's corpse had been dumped off Persico's boat into the Atlantic Ocean. But on Oct. 6, the mob capo's remains were pulled from a secret Mafia graveyard in Farmingdale, L.I., after a turncoat led FBI agents to the burial ground.

The body was wrapped in a tarp. Loafers protruded from the burial shroud - an old-world Mafia no-no, Cutolo said.

"When a man such as my father, a made man [is killed], the old-timers believed it was a sign of respect to remove their shoes so that when their bodies were ever found, and there were no shoes, it was a sign of respect," Cutolo said.

FBI agents plan to continue searching the site this week with cadaver dogs, looking for the remains of mobster Richard Greaves and Pace University student Carmine Gargano.

Federal prosecutors didn't need Wild Bill's body to convict Persico and former underboss John (Jackie) DeRoss in December 2007 of ordering the hit.

Family photo of Bill Jr. comforting his son after the boy got stitches in his face (click for family photos).
Family photo of Bill Jr. comforting his son after the boy got stitches in his face (click for family photos).
The evidence they used included incriminating tapes secretly made by the younger Cutolo - who wore a wire for the feds to avenge his father's death. The mob scion dubbed his undercover work Operation Payback.

Persico's lawyer subpoenaed Cutolo, but he refused to answer questions, invoking his Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination. It was the first time he was face-to-face with Persico and DeRoss in years.

"Put me in an alley with both of them, and I'll send them out in bags. They're nothing but cowards," Cutolo said.

Treacherous cowards.

Wild Bill was DeRoss' best man at his wedding.

After the mobster disappeared, DeRoss went knocking on the walls of the slain man's Staten Island mansion, looking for hidden cash. He even took over Wild Bill's Friendly Bocce social club on 11th Ave. in Brooklyn.

"He sat in my old man's chair, no less," Cutolo said.

Cutolo had a falling-out with the feds and his family, but is back on speaking terms with his mother, who testified against Persico and DeRoss.

Wild Bill's Staten Island tombstone, with no body beneath.
M. ROBERTS FOR NEWS
Wild Bill's Staten Island tombstone, with no body beneath.
She has promised to give him a portion of his father's cremated remains, he said.

There was no similar pardon for him from his late aunt Barbara DePalo, who bought a blistering death notice in The News calling Cutolo Jr. a "pansy on a crusade" for cooperating with the government.

"I called her and said, 'You get a pair of gloves, a ski mask and a pistol, and do what you gotta do. Don't you ever call me a 'pansy' in the newspaper,'" he said.

Cutolo said he considered killing his father's murderers, but instead opted to help put them in jail - a fate his father believed was worse than death.

"I was very sick over what I did, but I put my b---s on the table," he said.

He is no longer in the witness protection program but doesn't expect to attend DeRoss' and Persico's sentencings.

If he were there, he'd have plenty to say: "You made two mistakes: You killed my father and you didn't kill me."

jmarzulli@nydailynews.com
Posted By: bronx

Re: William Cutolo Jr. - 01/16/15 09:12 AM

the kid lost his father, sounds like a lost soul.his father was a bigger than life person to him,knew his fathers good friends killed him and lost his mind for awhile.. understandable for me.his father never made him and had no intention to do so. he loved him to much to put him in the life, bill knew he would always be in trouble with the persico's, bill jr didn't realize his father could ever be killed, the kid went into shock, and that is how he planned to avenge his father, not by murder by setting them up. he was not in the life ,for me he is not a rat.. just a heart broken child of a vicious criminal.bill made other kids cry and families greave. bill jr will never get over what he thinks is a betrayal by his fathers close friends..in that life your friends are day to day, you can be set up for reasons of greed, power, jealousy, beef over women ,maybe you have leadership skills and a future in the family.. always remember these guys are criminals not maestro's. JR needs to let it go, hard to say to someone who's father was killed. but that was the price bill SR knew he could pay once he went against his boss..a persico..JR if you read this, your father was your idol, keep him that way in your heart, he died like a real mobster,if you keep trying to unring the bell you will suffer the rest of your life..then you and your father are the biggest losers for sure. you were NOT in that life ,only your fathers son. you were not bound to avenge his death with violence..much tougher guys than you , made guys had fathers brothers killed. stayed in the life and stayed with the family that killed a loved one.. who was tougher then joe billotti. albert a. brothers did zero,we can keep making lists.. take the pressure off..be in peace kid..
Posted By: Crash

Re: William Cutolo Jr. - 01/16/15 09:17 AM

No one knows anything a out Casso's son? A few commented on him but no reak elaboration.
You really cant be hard on Cutoulo jr, he was a kid who worshipped his father. The kid was no gangster and everyone knew that. Give the kid a break.
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: William Cutolo Jr. - 01/16/15 11:25 AM

http://nypost.com/2006/11/19/in-a-rats-nest-mob-turncoat-bids-to-evict-capos-son/

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/son-luchese-mobster-face-eviction-article-1.244293

http://law.justia.com/cases/new-york/other-courts/2007/2007-51646.html

Here's some information on Anthony Casso's son.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET