Home

Would Tommy Gambino have made a good Boss?

Posted By: Mr_Willie_Cicci

Would Tommy Gambino have made a good Boss? - 06/25/13 07:37 PM

Apparently, Paul's plan for succession included Tommy Bilotti, John Gotti, and Tommy Gambino serving as an equal trio of Acting Bosses, with Paul (hopefully) being allowed to remain as Boss even if jailed. If Paul wasn't clipped, he definitely would've went down with the Commission trial and spent the rest of his days in a cell. Now, this would've left Tommy Bilotti, John and Tommy Gambino in charge. I can't see John Gotti ever sharing power with Bilotti, but from what I've read, Tommy Gambino had a lot of respect and prestige...But John didn't seem the type to want to share power, so I imagine ultimately John and Tommy would've had to duke it out.

If they duked it out, could Tommy have won in a war against Gotti?

Would Tommy have made a good Boss--did he have the qualities necessary to make a good Boss?
Posted By: MobMan

Re: Would Tommy Gambino have made a good Boss? - 06/25/13 08:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Mr_Willie_Cicci
Apparently, Paul's plan for succession included Tommy Bilotti, John Gotti, and Tommy Gambino serving as an equal trio of Acting Bosses, with Paul (hopefully) being allowed to remain as Boss even if jailed. If Paul wasn't clipped, he definitely would've went down with the Commission trial and spent the rest of his days in a cell. Now, this would've left Tommy Bilotti, John and Tommy Gambino in charge. I can't see John Gotti ever sharing power with Bilotti, but from what I've read, Tommy Gambino had a lot of respect and prestige...But John didn't seem the type to want to share power, so I imagine ultimately John and Tommy would've had to duke it out.

If they duked it out, could Tommy have won in a war against Gotti?

Would Tommy have made a good Boss--did he have the qualities necessary to make a good Boss?

I they said that Tommy Gambino didn't have the ruthlessness to be a boss, but I think he would of did a better job than "Big" Paul.
Posted By: Louiebynochi

Re: Would Tommy Gambino have made a good Boss? - 06/25/13 09:09 PM

Tommy gambino duking it out
Are u living in a fantasy world
Lol tommy gambino
Let's make Martha Stewart the boss
Posted By: Dellacroce

Re: Would Tommy Gambino have made a good Boss? - 06/25/13 09:51 PM

Tommy gambino was strictly a money guy, i think he ran the garment district with the lucheses, i think john also liked tommy, i remember a wire tap picking up gotti discussing adding more muscle to his crew, but i think the most liky scenerio of the 3 man panel would be gottil killing bilotti( seems theres no scenerio where he doesnt die lol) then gotti and gambino would work out a deal where gambino would step aside for gotti, a war between those 2 would never happen.
Posted By: tiger84

Re: Would Tommy Gambino have made a good Boss? - 06/26/13 12:19 AM

Paul HATED john and was gonna demote him back down to soldier.Why would he make him on the ruiling panal ??????????????
Posted By: Mr_Willie_Cicci

Re: Would Tommy Gambino have made a good Boss? - 06/26/13 12:21 AM

It was something I read.
Posted By: Lou_Para

Re: Would Tommy Gambino have made a good Boss? - 06/26/13 02:32 AM

I think that Paul's suggestion of Gotti, Tommy Gambino and Bilotti ruling as a three man panel was Paul's attempt at blowing smoke up Gotti's wazoo. Paul knew that Gotti was ambitious and tough,and he thought that if he indicated that Gotti would get a seat on the ruling panel,Gotti would play nice.

That way Gotti would be happy and when the time was right,Paul would have had Bilotti whack Gotti.Then it would have been Tommy as Boss and Bilotti as underboss. Paulie was looking at the typical Gambino setup that had worked so well.A strong Boss,and a ruthless and feared underboss.

You had Carlo/Neil,then Paulie/Neil.
Castellano was so out of it that he thought Bilotti would be the Dellacroce to Tommy Gambino.He never understood that Bilotti was not as respected or feared as Neil,and never would be.
I don't think there would have been a war between Tommy G.and Gotti,because i don't think Tommy wanted to be boss. He had a nice gig in the garment industry and could care less about the other BS.
I think he would have stepped aside,Gotti would have killed Bilotti,and Gotti would be then Boss.
Posted By: F_white

Re: Would Tommy Gambino have made a good Boss? - 06/26/13 04:30 AM

Tommy would have made a good boss,because the family and mob future was white collar crimes that what he was into with the trucking companys
Posted By: bronx

Re: Would Tommy Gambino have made a good Boss? - 06/26/13 04:54 AM

great boss, but needed to never forget he is a gangster not a biz man first, then the wolves eat you..i.e. paul..
Posted By: OldSmoke

Re: Would Tommy Gambino have made a good Boss? - 06/26/13 11:52 PM

I can totally see Castellano setting something up with Gambino and Billotti, a clone of his own rule. I think that Tommy Gambino could have been a good boss but like you guys said, wasn't a tough guy. But he didn't want it and he continued doing his until he was able to retire. You got to admire the guy for that.
Posted By: Louiebynochi

Re: Would Tommy Gambino have made a good Boss? - 06/27/13 01:21 AM

And tommy bilotti was all muscle
He was into protection and Shylocking
If guys didn't pay up he would actually make them suck his cock

Bilotti might have been more unqualified than gambino
He may have been fearless, but if he came up 50 years from now he would still be a bad choice for boss

He's an animal, skipper was over his head
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: Would Tommy Gambino have made a good Boss? - 06/27/13 09:34 AM

From what I can tell he is/was really well liked, because he's a nice guy, big earner and ultimately because of who his dad was.

Feds would have been all over him if he became boss, would probably be rotting away in prison right now.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET