Home

Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather

Posted By: Giancarlo

Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/25/13 02:57 PM

Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather

By Murray Weiss
June 25, 2013

NEW YORK CITY — The Gambino crime family is set to name Francesco "Franky Boy" Cali as its new godfather.

Cali — a native New Yorker who traces his roots firmly to Sicily — is to be secretly anointed as the next head of the nation’s largest La Cosa Nostra organization, sources told DNAinfo New York.

The sources say Cali’s ascent from underboss is imminent and will put him in complete control of the 750-member Mafia family that was once ruled by the likes of John “The Dapper Don” Gotti and the group's infamous namesake, Carlo Gambino.

A top New York City law enforcement source said the Gambino capos continue to look up to Cali because of his old-school approach to running a massive crime family, his adherence to traditional Mafia values, personal family ties that stretch across the Atlantic to Italy and his insistence that members maintain a low profile.

The latter continues a break with the flashy, headline-grabbing era marked by Gotti, whose visage once graced the cover of Time magazine. Gotti died of throat cancer in prison in 2002.

Sources say the current boss, Domenico "Greaseball" Cefalu, 76, is a native Sicilian with a long history of heroin smuggling and several stints in prison. He is stepping aside to allow his younger protege to take the reins of the family's lucrative gambling, loansharking and construction rackets.

Cali got his start in the mob by running a fruit store on 18th Avenue in Brooklyn called Arcobaleno, which means "rainbow" in Italian. The feds say it doubled as a front for criminal activities.

His parents immigrated to Brooklyn from Palermo, Italy. He eventually married into mob royalty when he wed the daughter of one of the Inzerillos, who are known as one of the Mafia powerhouses in Italy.

He is also a nephew of John and Joseph Gambino, who are influential hoods connected to the famous “Pizza Connection” drug trafficking case of the 1980s.

Cali made his bones under the Gottis while operating in Manhattan, Brooklyn and New Jersey.

According to the FBI, he officially became the Gambino "ambassador to the Sicilian Mafia" and a rising star when Gotti and Salvatore "Sammy Bull" Gravano roamed the city, ruling rackets and murdering dozens of people.

In 2008, Cali and scores of other hoods were arrested in a massive drug and racketeering investigation dubbed "Operation Old Bridge" that centered on extortion of a Staten Island trucking executive who became an FBI wire-wearing informant.

The case also involved planned NASCAR races on the island. Cali pleaded guilty to racketeering charges and spent a year in jail.

“The Gambinos like Cali because of his low-key profile and old-school values,” a law enforcement source said. “The family wants to keep things that way."

Over the past several decades, and thanks to the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organization Act, the feds have severely reduced the influence of the Gambinos and the other four crime families over the past decade, breaking their grip on the billion-dollar labor union and construction industries.

But the mob has remained strong in traditional money-making operations involving gambling, loansharking and prostitution, law enforcement authorities say.

http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20130625/new-york-city/gambino-crime-family-set-name-new-godfather
Posted By: southend

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/25/13 03:10 PM

Cali — a native New Yorker who traces his roots firmly to Sicily — is to be secretly anointed as the next head of the nation’s largest La Cosa Nostra organization, sources told DNAinfo New York

yea realllll secret
Posted By: southend

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/25/13 03:12 PM

Cali is too young to be what a real traditional Sicilian Godfather is. mid 50's is prime

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/25/13 03:17 PM

If this is really true it's unbelievable how quick he got to the top spot without taking out the boss.

Seems like the other factions of the family like this guy too.

Again if true where does Cefalu end up? Retired? Consig?

But is the site that posted this reliable? It's former NY Post reporter Murray Weiss thats saying this. The Post was never the most reliable source of info.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.
Posted By: thebigfella

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/25/13 03:29 PM

Omerta my ass u have a dry snitch in the upper ranks, so whats gonna be dom's new position?

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/25/13 03:38 PM

Originally Posted By: thebigfella
Omerta my ass u have a dry snitch in the upper ranks, so whats gonna be dom's new position?

You very well could be right about that Big Fella.

I was wondering about Dom too. Possible retired or/and consig?
Posted By: SilentPartnerz

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/25/13 03:45 PM

At 76 years old, and after spending some years in prison, if I were Dom, I would take my money to So FLA and work on my golf swing and my tan. Work sucks.

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/25/13 03:46 PM

At 76 years old, and after spending some years in prison, if I were Dom, I would take my money to So FLA and work on my golf swing and my tan. Work sucks. ooops sorry for the double
Posted By: vinnietoothpicks26

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/25/13 03:58 PM

For one thing, the article got Cefalu's age wrong. He is 66.
http://www.bop.gov/iloc2/InmateFinderSer...amp;x=0&y=0

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/25/13 04:04 PM

First of all, it makes since cali is the gf, if nobody stopped his rapid climb to ub, who in the world gonna stop him from being gf, half of the family don't want to go to war with this guy and the other half is glad he's willing to take the heat, these days u can be a capo with just as much power as the gf, my only input is he should have let dom keep the title and worked behind the scenes

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/25/13 04:22 PM

I agree that the front boss thing would have been a good idea. Maybe Dom has enough juice to say "I ain't gonna be no lightnin' rod for nobody. I'm gonna make bread in my bakery." Or whatever the fuck he 'does' for as living.

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/25/13 04:52 PM

I wonder if dom willingly relingished his tittle or was he forced out, not to manny sitting bosses just quit being the boss especially when they havent held that spot for very long, theres something more to this story, I call bullshit!!!
Posted By: LittleNicky

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/25/13 05:11 PM

I wonder where the figure "750-member Mafia family" came from. They have about 150 made men, several thousand associates depending on how you define associate.

Why didn't Capeci report this first? My guess it is complete bullshit and/or someone in the gambino family is trying to send out mixed signals on the leadership.
Posted By: F_white

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/25/13 06:10 PM

Hope this story is not true,too young to be boss and have he been underboss for a year yet?
Posted By: ovation32

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/25/13 06:26 PM

Too young to be boss? I think that argument is nonsensical. If a guy has a good head on his shoulders and knows what's what, why not? Look at Lucky Luciano. He had enough foresight to end a war between two men who were very much his senior, realize the benefit to eliminating the capo-di-cappi-tutti and establish an administrative body . . . all by the time he was 34.

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/25/13 06:26 PM

Originally Posted By: F_white
Hope this story is not true,too young to be boss and have he been underboss for a year yet?

It also involves passing up innumerable old timers that probably have far better credentials, service time (either in the rackets or being stand up) and probably connections.

I guess it could be a compromise candidate, considering there seems to be deep rifs in the gambino family.

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/25/13 06:31 PM

No disrespect Nicky we go back aways but how the fuck do you know about how many guys the gambinos have being from where we come from?

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/25/13 06:36 PM

They are kinda consensus figures from all the usual suspects- but I think we all know it is not a 750 made men family. It shows how out of touch the author of the article is with the actual subject matter, the mafia. He probably doesnt even know what La Cosa Nostra means. Probably thinks it means "italian hoods".

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/25/13 06:39 PM

Oh I agree. But you said 150. I dont think I have ever heard a number that low. Again, I meant no disrespect; you and I both know you could school anybody on this board on the current status of the city that Ditka built if you wanted.
Posted By: Ted

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/25/13 07:04 PM

I think the 750 number is made men and active connected guys and doesn't include guys the Gambinos just do business with. That's just my guess, though.

That's just one confusing thing about the article. It says the Gambinos are the largest La Cosa Nostra organization, but everyone knows that it's the Genoveses. Maybe just trying to make the story more interesting? As Vinny pointed out, they go Dom's age wrong. And why would Dom be elected boss only to give up the power 2 years later?

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/25/13 07:05 PM

Originally Posted By: thebigfella

Even lower level guys can know about changes in leadership. Or it could just be info picked up on wiretaps.
Posted By: DB

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/25/13 07:06 PM

Hard to take an author serious when his membership info is so off and his certainty that the Gambino are the top family.

From an accuracy perspective this article is terrible .

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/25/13 07:07 PM

Basic Errors in the article:
1) Dom's age
2) amount of members in the gambino clan
3) the fact the genovese family is both bigger and more powerful than the gambino clan despite the article saying otherwise.

I'm sure there are more but I'm too lazy to go through it.

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/25/13 07:10 PM

What are these deep divides you are talking about within the Gambinos? I do not believe that Family is truly divided any longer. The Gotti guys have lost all power. The former Gambino/Castellano supporters are the ones in charge now. I am sure Danny Marino will welcome Cali as boss when he gets out. Giovanni Gambino and Cefalu clearly would support this decision. Who care what Jackie Nose or the remnants of the Gotti supporters want.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/25/13 07:12 PM

its weird the daily news the day before marzulli drops a article the bonanno's pick new godfather and then the next day we gets this from some fn site. this guy cefulo was picked less then 2 yrs got off of supervised release 6 months ago and all ready is gonna step aside yaeh right. he's not gonna enjoy the fruits of his labor, why round the capo and ask to be boss for this. bs.guys only 66 if this had said he's got cancer and was on his death bed but im not buying my sources said. plus I think it be big news. maybe the family are trying to get back to boss under and consign maybe they got a new consig.

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/25/13 08:41 PM

Originally Posted By: ovation32
What are these deep divides you are talking about within the Gambinos? I do not believe that Family is truly divided any longer. The Gotti guys have lost all power. The former Gambino/Castellano supporters are the ones in charge now. I am sure Danny Marino will welcome Cali as boss when he gets out. Giovanni Gambino and Cefalu clearly would support this decision. Who care what Jackie Nose or the remnants of the Gotti supporters want.

Most of the Gambino/Castellano guys have died, reitred or are near retirement. The Sicilians seem to be in charge now. And there are still some Gotti guys out there with power like the Corozzos and Tommy Sneakers.

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/25/13 09:00 PM

The Sicilians are Don Carlo's people. He brought them here and is related to them by blood. Marino has more sway than JoJo Corozzo who was even considered to be a joke by Gotti himself. Marino will also be out far sooner than Little Nicky. I'll give you Sneakers, but come on.

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/25/13 09:14 PM

Joseph corozzo 2ill be out in 2 yrs, it will be very interesting

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/25/13 09:22 PM

Good point about the Sicilains being Carlo's guys. Didn't think about that. Despite Jo Jo's rep, he is still a major player. Cefalu can also be considered a Gotti guy. Megale was made during Castellano's time, but worked closely with Gotti, so I don't know what he'd be considered. And there's Squitieri whose a Gotti guy but might be retired.

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/25/13 09:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Ted

Most of the Gambino/Castellano guys have died, reitred or are near retirement. The Sicilians seem to be in charge now. And there are still some Gotti guys out there with power like the Corozzos and Tommy Sneakers.

That what I was about to say- and I doubt the Sicilian guys are all on the same page as the old gotti/americanized faction that includes quite a few capos.

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/25/13 09:34 PM

Well they voted for Cafalu, if this article is true they voted for Cali, and they brought John Gambino back into the fold despite being in prison for 15 years, so I think they all fell in line behind the Sicilians. It seems the old Gotti guys also wanted a change in the way the family was run. After guys like Junior Gotti and Jackie D'Amico, I can't blame them. Nick Corozzo was there best guy and he's gone until 2020.
Posted By: Skinny

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/25/13 09:41 PM

My personal opinion on this article is he just bought some guy from bensonhurst a few drinks and he said, "Frank Cali will be the next boss".

Ill just make a new comment after i read thru all u guys comments hahah
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/25/13 10:03 PM

Originally Posted By: LittleNicky
I wonder where the figure "750-member Mafia family" came from. They have about 150 made men, several thousand associates depending on how you define associate.

Why didn't Capeci report this first? My guess it is complete bullshit and/or someone in the gambino family is trying to send out mixed signals on the leadership.

First, the article says "750 members and associates."

Second, in both the 2010 Marino indictment and the 2011 Vernace detention memo, the Gambinos were said to have approximately 200 total members.

By their very nature, associate estimates are range more widely, though the average member-to-associate ratio for the NY families seems to be about 1:5.

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/25/13 10:23 PM

Ovation, Jojo corozzo is just as respected as his brother. Maybe you are thinking of Blaise? Nicky is feared, but Jojo is liked. Both are huge money machines and politicians. They were never Gotti guys either. Gotti took Nickys stripes when he got boss and Nicky basically ran his crew anyways. Gotti decided it was impossible to keep a guy as powerful as corozzo down, and gave him back his rank. When gotti went down and he put junior as head of a panel that was basically the end of gottis being in power. The corozzos basically called the shots. A lot of captains still listen to their word. The gotti guys that are left arent gotti guys any more. Damico isnt a captain. Trucchio and Cacciapola both are closer to corozzos, except a few of Tommys guys. Other queens guys (gottis old nhood) are/were corozzo guys. Louis Mastrangelo was JoJos driver and is the only reason hes captain.

Daniel Marino i think of more as being allied with Castellano. Not gotti or gambino. He had the corozzos support to become boss, but he turned it down, so they went to a ruling panel. Only gambino was left so he promoted someone younger to take over for him. When cefalu got picked who was running the family on the street???? you guys still think that cefalu got elected? Its laughable, imagine 20 guys sitting at a big ass table, doing what putting names in a hat? No doubt Cali became under, look who hes so close to.

How is cali lowkey? Look at his fucking house! Low key cause he hasnt been caught? He hasnt done anything. Hes a half a gangster. Hes like TV, a business man who turned gangster. Never cracked a egg, pushed a button, however you wanna say it. Guys like that, especially if they do not have senority cannot succesfully run a family. Look at history for this... Junior Gotti, Jackie DAmico, Mikey Scars Dileonardo. Never were respected. The top guys in the family are John Gambino Nick Corozzo, Danny Marino. Lorenzo Mannino runs the heaviest crew in brooklyn right now, he will be one of the top guys in the family in a few years. He is already close.
Posted By: carmela

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/25/13 10:40 PM

Out of all the comments I've seen on this here, Skinny has the biggest grasp as to what's what. I've talked about Cali before and not going to go into it again (cause it's bad for my health), but you have all always over-estimated the guy.
Posted By: Iceman999

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/25/13 11:09 PM

Are there still Manhattan/Brooklyn factions?

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/25/13 11:10 PM

Well even if this is a total bullshit story he's still underboss of one of the two most powerful mob families. Thats nothing to look down at.

But i have to say i still think Gambino is controlling first Cefalu and now Cali.

Just my opinion though, i can't back it up. Just call it a strong hunch.

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/25/13 11:16 PM

no such thing as factions...
Posted By: Chicago

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/26/13 01:20 AM

Ivy, I was thinking the same thing as Little Nicky. However, I quickly surmised that the 750 figure is really 150 made guys, 600 associates, depending upon how they define associates in New York. That would be 4 to 1 which would make sense. in other words, out of the 750, 20% (150 are made) and 80% (600) are being included as Associates of some sort. That seems accurate based upon all of our discussions.

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/26/13 01:51 AM

I literally think they just guess at it. Being on the record technically is an associate. But when theres a bust, every guy who does business with any form of lcn is an associate. The difference to me is either ur a connected guy or ur not. the handicapper of a big book may be on the record, so may a few half sheets, but the rest arent really "associates" their more like criminal acquaintances.

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/26/13 02:24 AM

Originally Posted By: Chicago
Ivy, I was thinking the same thing as Little Nicky. However, I quickly surmised that the 750 figure is really 150 made guys, 600 associates, depending upon how they define associates in New York. That would be 4 to 1 which would make sense. in other words, out of the 750, 20% (150 are made) and 80% (600) are being included as Associates of some sort. That seems accurate based upon all of our discussions.

Membership estimates will always be more concrete. Unlike the widely ranging definitions of an associate, a guy is made or he is not. Approximately 200 total members has been the average membership figure for the Gambinos for quite some time now. And that figure has stayed relatively stable, probably because the NY families all have a set max number. Back in 2000, when Joe Isgro was busted for loansharking in California, there were 192 known Gambino members. And, as I said earlier, more recently the 200 figure was given by the feds in 2010 and 2011.

Now, that being said, if somebody wants to assume that the remaining 550 of that 750 figure in the article is associates, fine. Once again, I take all associate estimates with a grain of salt.

Originally Posted By: Skinny
I literally think they just guess at it. Being on the record technically is an associate. But when theres a bust, every guy who does business with any form of lcn is an associate. The difference to me is either ur a connected guy or ur not. the handicapper of a big book may be on the record, so may a few half sheets, but the rest arent really "associates" their more like criminal acquaintances.

Some obviously have, which has often led to the typical 10 associates for every member figure. But the FBI does tend to be more careful, and conservative, than other agencies. In other words, they have a stricter standard of who they consider to be a real associate. It's not every Tom, Dick, or Harry who comes within 20 yards of a wiseguy.

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/26/13 02:36 AM

^^^As far as estamates go, i agree. But when it comes to indictments, they tend to beef it up quite a bit...

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/26/13 03:00 AM

Ovation, Jojo corozzo is just as respected as his brother. Maybe you are thinking of Blaise? Nicky is feared, but Jojo is liked. Both are huge money machines and politicians. They were never Gotti guys either. Gotti took Nickys stripes when he got boss and Nicky basically ran his crew anyways. Gotti decided it was impossible to keep a guy as powerful as corozzo down, and gave him back his rank. When gotti went down and he put junior as head of a panel that was basically the end of gottis being in power. The corozzos basically called the shots. A lot of captains still listen to their word. The gotti guys that are left arent gotti guys any more. Damico isnt a captain. Trucchio and Cacciapola both are closer to corozzos, except a few of Tommys guys. Other queens guys (gottis old nhood) are/were corozzo guys. Louis Mastrangelo was JoJos driver and is the only reason hes captain.

Daniel Marino i think of more as being allied with Castellano. Not gotti or gambino. He had the corozzos support to become boss, but he turned it down, so they went to a ruling panel. Only gambino was left so he promoted someone younger to take over for him. When cefalu got picked who was running the family on the street???? you guys still think that cefalu got elected? Its laughable, imagine 20 guys sitting at a big ass table, doing what putting names in a hat? No doubt Cali became under, look who hes so close to.

How is cali lowkey? Look at his fucking house! Low key cause he hasnt been caught? He hasnt done anything. Hes a half a gangster. Hes like TV, a business man who turned gangster. Never cracked a egg, pushed a button, however you wanna say it. Guys like that, especially if they do not have senority cannot succesfully run a family. Look at history for this... Junior Gotti, Jackie DAmico, Mikey Scars Dileonardo. Never were respected. The top guys in the family are John Gambino Nick Corozzo, Danny Marino. Lorenzo Mannino runs the heaviest crew in brooklyn right now, he will be one of the top guys in the family in a few years. He is already close.

This is fuckin great stuff.
Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/26/13 03:35 AM

Are there still any guys who are made and unknown to law enforcement?

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/26/13 04:20 AM

Lorenzo Mannino runs the heaviest crew in brooklyn right now, he will be one of the top guys in the family in a few years. He is already close.

Skinny do you have any idea who's in Mannino's crew? I'm assuming John Gambino still has a pretty potent crew too. Cali was a capo too wasn't he? Did Mannino takes over Cali's crew when Cali got the bump to underboss?

Mannino has been very close to the two Gambino brothers for along time. He was described to me as John Gambino's main guy along with Joe Gambino. He's supposed to be a pretty serious guy and if i had to pick between Cali and Mannino i would choose Lorenzo.

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/26/13 04:35 AM

Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1
Are there still any guys who are made and unknown to law enforcement?

I think the obvious answer is yes. But the ones flying under the radar aren't likely big in numbers nowadays. I'd be surprised if, say, more than 10% of any family is unknown to law enforcement.

Originally Posted By: Giancarlo
Cali was a capo too wasn't he?

At least at one point he was acting captain for Jackie D'Amico's crew.

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/26/13 11:35 AM

Hahaha - you can all think that skinnys stuff is "great" if you would like. Jojo is a fucking joke and Cali is not. I guarantee it. Are you seriously comparing Francesco Cali to Vinny TV!!!!!?????!!!!! Jesus. Go gamble.

I'll speak for myself, because I did mention that i agreed with skinny (only about Cali, though). I'm not in any way saying he's a joke, he's not. I'm just saying people are talking about him like he's some sort of mafia God that has super power from here to Sicily and back. Over the years, he's been somewhat over exaggerated on here.

Next. I guarantee YOU that you can't guarantee anything about Cali.

Lastly, don't call him Francesco. Not even his mother calls him that.
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/26/13 12:12 PM

Skinny I'd love to hear how you know so much inside information about the Gambinos? So Cali is half a gangster? Yet he's highly respected on both sides. How do you know he's never whacked out anyone? You'd have no idea. All this talk about Johnny Gambino as well, the guys practically dead, obviously he still holds weight but you have no idea about how much he is involved right now.

Pure guesswork on your part.

Comparing Cali to Vinny TV? Haha
Posted By: Dellacroce

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/26/13 12:19 PM

Has this story been confirmed or even commented on by any trusted source like capeci? Cause if not it kinda sounds like bs.

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/26/13 12:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Dellacroce
Has this story been confirmed or even commented on by any trusted source like capeci? Cause if not it kinda sounds like bs.

Can't find any credible sources. I think it's BS too. Why is Cefalu gonna step down?
Posted By: short841

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/26/13 12:44 PM

Either way, Cali will be boss sooner or later. Cefalu will probably not be living or out in the streets in ten - 15 years max.

What is D'Amico doing nowadays? Soldier?

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/26/13 12:52 PM

Not even his mother calls him that? Lol

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/26/13 02:23 PM

This is basically the reason i take such long ass breaks from coming here. I got Tommy here who thinks im full of shit. How would i know? Doesnt matter. I say he isnt a tough guy. You call bullshit. Fine. You ask how i knnow x, y, and z. fine, but how the fuck would you know? Your in fucking england. You got no right to be calling bullshit on something you cant find on the internet my man. If you think im a liar fine, but neither of us can site any proof so arguing is pointless. Then i got this dumb ass Ovation, who thinks if he puts nyc into his location that ppl think hes a local guy and his word counts. How many fuckin pms have you sent me asking about ppl saying "please, please, Pleeaaaaaaasssseee!" No shame in asking questions, i do that myself. but First you tell everyone despite what skinny says, Tough Tony is poor as shit, not a heavy guy at all. Bullshit. Now Jojo corozzo is a joke according to you. What heavy gangster are you to call him a joke? Are you carlo gambino's ghost come to haunt us on gangsterbb??? Your a fucking joke. You cant guarentee shit. Just saying Take this to the bank doesnt make it fact.

To tommy and ovation and whoever else. This is a forum. If you dont know me personally how will u know what im saying is real or not? What else do you have to go on? Most this shit cant even be found on the internet. If dont believe me, trust me thats fine. I dont give a fuck. You wanna take ovations word over mine feel free. You dont believe federici or corozzos are heavys or think my posts about the power shifts of the gambinos is all shit, fine.

Truth is i don know mmuch about that whole crew. I hear general things like this. Sorry giancarlo if i knew id tell you bro. Theres few crews i could name the guys off my head but BK crews are not one of them. I think Mannino has Gambinos crew but i couldnt say for sure. Cali has a lot of respect yea, but as boss his decisions will be second guessed by some guys who have seniority or have notches on their stick. Its only natural, all in all tho, he will probly make a good boss. Hes well liked and while he has Gambino and Cefalus support he will be respected on the street. I hear shit, i pass it on. Carmela knows these guys personally and doesnt talk about them much. I get that bc i do the same shit for a few ppl in my neck of the woods. Your more likely to get a answer out of me about brooklyn or queens than you would about jersey. But again, its a forum, its all about (hopefully polite) conversation.
Posted By: baldo

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/26/13 02:30 PM

Skinny, "street guys" like you are always appreciated by most except a few people with hard-ons....one question, any idea if the Sicilian Gambinos are still working with the other side (such as importing H)? Thanks.

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/26/13 02:40 PM

This is basically the reason i take such long ass breaks from coming here. I got Tommy here who thinks im full of shit. How would i know? Doesnt matter. I say he isnt a tough guy. You call bullshit. Fine. You ask how i knnow x, y, and z. fine, but how the fuck would you know? Your in fucking england. You got no right to be calling bullshit on something you cant find on the internet my man. If you think im a liar fine, but neither of us can site any proof so arguing is pointless. Then i got this dumb ass Ovation, who thinks if he puts nyc into his location that ppl think hes a local guy and his word counts. How many fuckin pms have you sent me asking about ppl saying "please, please, Pleeaaaaaaasssseee!" No shame in asking questions, i do that myself. but First you tell everyone despite what skinny says, Tough Tony is poor as shit, not a heavy guy at all. Bullshit. Now Jojo corozzo is a joke according to you. What heavy gangster are you to call him a joke? Are you carlo gambino's ghost come to haunt us on gangsterbb??? Your a fucking joke. You cant guarentee shit. Just saying Take this to the bank doesnt make it fact.

To tommy and ovation and whoever else. This is a forum. If you dont know me personally how will u know what im saying is real or not? What else do you have to go on? Most this shit cant even be found on the internet. If dont believe me, trust me thats fine. I dont give a fuck. You wanna take ovations word over mine feel free. You dont believe federici or corozzos are heavys or think my posts about the power shifts of the gambinos is all shit, fine.

Truth is i don know mmuch about that whole crew. I hear general things like this. Sorry giancarlo if i knew id tell you bro. Theres few crews i could name the guys off my head but BK crews are not one of them. I think Mannino has Gambinos crew but i couldnt say for sure. Cali has a lot of respect yea, but as boss his decisions will be second guessed by some guys who have seniority or have notches on their stick. Its only natural, all in all tho, he will probly make a good boss. Hes well liked and while he has Gambino and Cefalus support he will be respected on the street. I hear shit, i pass it on. Carmela knows these guys personally and doesnt talk about them much. I get that bc i do the same shit for a few ppl in my neck of the woods. Your more likely to get a answer out of me about brooklyn or queens than you would about jersey. But again, its a forum, its all about (hopefully polite) conversation.

I'm not claiming to know any of the inside details about Cali or any of the Gambinos for that matter, as you say I'm from England.

You talk about your opinions as fact just because you heard it from someone, that does not make it a fact. I'd imagine the only people who know what Cali is really like is anyone associated with the family and the Feds.

If the second biggest crime family accepts him as there number 2 I doubt he's going to be half a gangster, I doubt the guys over in Italy would either.

You said in a previous post in this thread that guys like him don't make good bosses, now your claiming he will probably be a good one?

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/26/13 02:43 PM

Originally Posted By: baldo
Skinny, "street guys" like you are always appreciated by most except a few people with hard-ons....one question, any idea if the Sicilian Gambinos are still working with the other side (such as importing H)? Thanks.

If he's a street guy then why is he talking about several mobsters positions in crime families, can't imagine a street guy doing that. And I'd imagine the people he's connected to would look down on it.

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/26/13 03:16 PM

Skinny:

With respect to the article and Cali, I would have to agree that it is very likely BS. My only point was that I have heard from people that he is far from being a "half-gangster" in your parlance. You compared him to Vinny TV and I do not believe that to be accurate at all.

With respect to the pecking order argument, I completely agree with you Skinny. There are a number of guys that would be ahead of him and are more highly regarded due to the time they have put in and their related clout. Furthermore, I agree with you that Nick Corozzo has a massive amount of respect in the Family and is one of those guys. So does Marino. So does Gambino. At the same time, I believe that those guys acknowledge Cali's aptitude. This is pure speculation for the purpose of providing an analogy, but consider the Genovese Family. Punchy Iliano has been around forever. He is a legend. But Barney makes more sense as the leader of the Family. Corozzo is in prison, Marino is in prison and - as you said - turned down the boss button. Gambino clearly pulls Cali's strings, but so what? I do not think that Frank is a "half-gangster."

The Federici argument is completely separate. Not once did I say that Tony is "poor as shit" or "not a heavy guy at all." Tony is wealthy and as serious as serious gets. My argument was made in the context of a thread about the "Top 5 Richest Capos." Tough Tony is not one of them. But life is not black and white Skinny. Again, this is the only "street" argument I will stand by through my own personal knowledge. The Cali point is based on things I have read and heard second hand. My opnion of JoJo has also been echoed by many others, but I am willing to acknowledge that I could be wrong about him. My understanding is that without Nicky, he would not be even close to where he is.

I am sorry I rubbed you the wrong way to such an extent. My PMs related to NJ were based on a complete lack of understanding on what goes on there today and I appreciate your responses.
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/26/13 03:57 PM

I like how people talk about Benny Eggs n John Gambino look at Benny Egg's Mugshot that's from what 1990? Imagine how old he looks now...
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/26/13 03:58 PM

Originally Posted By: carmela
Hahaha - you can all think that skinnys stuff is "great" if you would like. Jojo is a fucking joke and Cali is not. I guarantee it. Are you seriously comparing Francesco Cali to Vinny TV!!!!!?????!!!!! Jesus. Go gamble.

I'll speak for myself, because I did mention that i agreed with skinny (only about Cali, though). I'm not in any way saying he's a joke, he's not. I'm just saying people are talking about him like he's some sort of mafia God that has super power from here to Sicily and back. Over the years, he's been somewhat over exaggerated on here.

Next. I guarantee YOU that you can't guarantee anything about Cali.

Lastly, don't call him Francesco. Not even his mother calls him that.

His mom calls him "Cheech"
Posted By: 123JoeSchmo

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/26/13 04:02 PM

My personal thought. Everyone should just get along, that being said skinny is one of the most knowledgable guys out there and I appreciate his posts.
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/26/13 05:22 PM

Originally Posted By: TommyGambino

If he's a street guy then why is he talking about several mobsters positions in crime families, can't imagine a street guy doing that. And I'd imagine the people he's connected to would look down on it.

You kidding? You're from London and you're giving skinny shit?
Mate trust me when I say this. You have NO idea what you're talking about. ALL you should be doing is tipping your hat, saying thank you and walking on by.

Ovation too. 'Francesco'?! Shows what you know.

Both need to pull your heads in.

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/26/13 06:20 PM

Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Mate trust me when I say this. You have NO idea what you're talking about. ALL you should be doing is tipping your hat, saying thank you and walking on by.

I'm actually from Nottingham, why should I tip my hat? The guy claims Skinny is a street guy, street guys don't go on the Internet and talk about crime.

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/26/13 06:26 PM

Tommy no disrespect intended here but its 2013. To quote my favorite rappers; the game dun changed. I think you would be suprised how many guys posting on here got connections.

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/26/13 06:30 PM

SonnyBlackstein - I am not going to engage in an argument over what I know, what you know, what Skinny knows, etc. I don't think you should either. I have been more than forthright about acknowledging Skinny's breadth of information and have often sought out answers from him. I have only stood my ground on one contemporary "Street" issue involving Tony.

Let's get back to having a conversation on the topic of the Gambino Family and not who has a bigger bicep.

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/26/13 06:33 PM

Originally Posted By: vinnietoothpicks26
Tommy no disrespect intended here but its 2013. To quote my favorite rappers; the game dun changed. I think you would be suprised how many guys posting on here got connections.

Well if connected guys on here are openly talking about mob activity, then that's dry snitching.
Posted By: Faithful1

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/26/13 06:37 PM

I'm actually from Nottingham, why should I tip my hat? The guy claims Skinny is a street guy, street guys don't go on the Internet and talk about crime.

Who made that (enforceable) rule that street guys don't go on the internet? Do you think they don't know how to use a computer or go online? And what's to stop any street guy from going online and into a forum under an assumed name and getting into conversations, debates, and occasionally sharing inside info? There's plenty of street guys who interact on the internet and even join forums.

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/26/13 06:45 PM

What the fuck is a dry snitch? Isnt that a guy who gives info to the feds but never has to testify?
Posted By: Toodoped

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/26/13 06:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Faithful1

And what's to stop any street guy from going online and into a forum under an assumed name and getting into conversations, debates, and occasionally sharing inside info?

Giving inside info on present O.C.,OCCASIONALLY,on the streets its called "snitching".Right or wrong?

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/26/13 07:08 PM

What the fuck is a dry snitch? Isnt that a guy who gives info to the feds but never has to testify?

Dry snitching is where you air other people's dirty laundry I.e talking about there criminal activities to the public.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/26/13 07:34 PM

You guys ALL have to cut the shit. I haven't been online in two weeks, and yet I get pm'd and emailed every day. People asking me where I've been, how come I'm not posting, blah blah blah. Well this is fucking why. This place reminds me of a neighborhood bar that used to be a great place to blow off steam at the end of the day. And then the kids showed up and ruined it. And I'm not talking specifically about age here. It's attitude more than anything else.

You want quality posters here? Then stop with the bullshit arguments, the repetitive posts and the this guy versus that guy threads. I swear to God I half expect the next thread to read Cali vs. Godzilla.

Neighborhood guys: You have to realize that people from other parts of the world just can't conceive of the notion that some people live among wiseguys and that wiseguys are just regular neighborhood guys and not fucking movie stars. So when you pop off about what and who you know, you're going to be taken with a grain of salt by most people in Europe and Middle America (but I'll tell you all right the fuck now that Skinny and Carmela have already forgotten more about the life than most of you will ever know).

European guys and Google research guys: Have a little more faith in the people who have lived in these neighborhoods and dealt with these guys all their lives. If you open your minds, you'll be shocked to find out that some of us (yes, I modestly include myself) know what the fuck we're talking about.

Try to get along. That's my piece smile.

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/26/13 07:43 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
European guys and Google research guys: Have a little more faith in the people who have lived in these neighborhoods and dealt with these guys all their lives. If you open your minds, you'll be shocked to find out that some of us (yes, I modestly include myself) know what the fuck we're talking about.

+1

Let's get back to having a conversation on the topic of the Gambino Family....

+1

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/26/13 08:13 PM

Respect pizzaboy and skinny. Best posters on here.

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/26/13 08:19 PM

Getting back on subject, I don't see jo jo corozzo getting out of jail in 2 yrs and being ok with being a captin, even when his brother was on the streets jo jo had final say, thats power, this story is not over by a long shot

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/26/13 08:26 PM

Middle america guys lol. Cuz only wiseguys on the east coast.
I respect skinny and pizza boy and any person on this forum. I dont like people calling out other people for knowledge or lack thereof.

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/26/13 08:41 PM

I agree more or less with your first 2 paragraphs (don't really know about the finer details you talk about), but have to disagree with the 3rd. Cali clearly has a lot of power. To move up as quickly as he has at his age pretty much shows that. His Sicilian connectiosn are overrated since it's not like the FBI is going to allow any substantial business to happen internationally. However, he has many allies and a strong business sense. That's more than enough in the Mafia today.

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/26/13 08:41 PM

Originally Posted By: short841
What is D'Amico doing nowadays? Soldier?

Semi-retired, I'd expect.

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/26/13 08:44 PM

Middle america guys lol. Cuz only wiseguys on the east coast.

That's not what I meant and you know it. You never see me opine on Chicago or get into that silly NY vs. Chicago argument, do you?

I just meant guys from other areas in general. Just like I'd be an outsider talking about Chicago or Detroit. But I agree that proximity doesn't necessarily make one more knowledgable. But proximity AND actually knowing a few guys personally just might smile.

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/26/13 08:58 PM

I agree more or less with your first 2 paragraphs (don't really know about the finer details you talk about), but have to disagree with the 3rd. Cali clearly has a lot of power. To move up as quickly as he has at his age pretty much shows that. His Sicilian connectiosn are overrated since it's not like the FBI is going to allow any substantial business to happen internationally. However, he has many allies and a strong business sense. That's more than enough in the Mafia today.

Well that's one thing that is not overrated: his sicilian connections. Not to quote a cheesy quote, but "over there he is everything". He's connected and in contact with top top bosses in sicily. He's got a lot of legitimate contacts though, in the US that he can do business with. I don't know how else to put it. To me, the way I see him is a smart businessman, not a killer, but not incapable of killing either.
He's smart, he's quiet, he's patient.

With regard to the article: did it really say anything any of you didn't know? It didn't say he's boss. It says sources are saying his rise to boss is imminent. It says he's set to be the next boss. And? Haven't you all been saying that all along? Anyone of you could have put that in an article and sold it. Read it very closely, there's nothing in it you all didn't already know.

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/26/13 09:12 PM

My apologies Pizza thought it was a shot. Onto the discussion at hand. We will see what capeci has to say tomorrow.
Posted By: SgWaue86

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/26/13 09:16 PM

Well that's one thing that is not overrated: his sicilian connections. Not to quote a cheesy quote, but "over there he is everything".

I always thought that Nicchi was telling Rotolo that Cali was everthing over here (New York), just asking though but maybe I misunderstood. Either way he's clearly a force to be reckoned with.

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/26/13 09:23 PM

With regard to the article: did it really say anything any of you didn't know? It didn't say he's boss. It says sources are saying his rise to boss is imminent. It says he's set to be the next boss. And? Haven't you all been saying that all along? Anyone of you could have put that in an article and sold it. Read it very closely, there's nothing in it you all didn't already know.

Spot-on.

It's nothing new; it's just a rehash of the same speculation that's been going on for over a year now. Frank's a smart guy who could make (and has) made it in the legitimate business world. That doesn't mean he wouldn't be up to the job if it were thrown at him, but no one really knows until their time comes.

And I don't want to jinx the guy, but I just have a feeling that the next Gambino roundup is going to include him. So who the Hell knows?

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/26/13 09:37 PM

Originally Posted By: SgWaue86
Well that's one thing that is not overrated: his sicilian connections. Not to quote a cheesy quote, but "over there he is everything".

I always thought that Nicchi was telling Rotolo that Cali was everthing over here (New York), just asking though but maybe I misunderstood. Either way he's clearly a force to be reckoned with.

No, you didn't misunderstand. I just flipped it and used the quote to make my point that he is everything over there. lol

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/26/13 09:41 PM

Don't u guys know the fbi monitors social media? So y are u guys dry snitching about who got connects and who really know people, its childish, lets stay on topic

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/26/13 09:44 PM

[quote=carmela]With regard to the article: did it really say anything any of you didn't know? It didn't say he's boss. It says sources are saying his rise to boss is imminent. It says he's set to be the next boss. And? Haven't you all been saying that all along? Anyone of you could have put that in an article and sold it. Read it very closely, there's nothing in it you all didn't already know.

Spot-on.

It's nothing new; it's just a rehash of the same speculation that's been going on for over a year now. Frank's a smart guy who could make (and has) made it in the legitimate business world. That doesn't mean he wouldn't be up to the job if it were thrown at him, but no one really knows until their time comes.

And I don't want to jinx the guy, but I just have a feeling that the next Gambino roundup is going to include him. So who the Hell knows? [/quote] i think the next round up is gonna be sooner rather than later, we dont know the full extent of the stefannelli tapes, i know he was a jersey guy but the way the used him as kind of an emmissary makes me think he reported to people high up in new york, we know john gambino is pretty incriminated by them and for all we know he got cali on tape to.

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/26/13 09:50 PM

i think the next round up is gonna be sooner rather than later, we dont know the full extent of the stefannelli tapes, i know he was a jersey guy but the way the used him as kind of an emmissary makes me think he reported to people high up in new york, we know john gambino is pretty incriminated by them and for all we know he got cali on tape to.

Those tapes have Gambino guys worried from New York to New Jersey to Connecticut to Florida. That's why I phrased it the way I did. And if there's a rat in the Corozzo faction, they're all fucked wink.

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/26/13 10:01 PM

Haha ya they should be counting every day their not arrested as a gift bc the feds r just waiting so they can bulk up a nice big rico indictment, could be as devestating as operation old bridge.

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/26/13 10:34 PM

Can the Feds use the tapes as evidence even though Skins is dead? What's it been, like a year now. How come the Feds haven't made any major indictments.

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/26/13 10:44 PM

They used the tapes in the philly trial even though he was dead and best guess about why the indictments having come down yet is because they are going to incorporate the tapes into a major rico case targeting a lot of people and bunch of other crimes which can take a long time.

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/26/13 10:50 PM

They used the tapes in the philly trial even though he was dead and best guess about why the indictments having come down yet is because they are going to incorporate the tapes into a major rico case targeting a lot of people and bunch of other crimes which can take a long time.

Yeah, doing a bit of research and I don't understand how Scoops Licata walked free, apparently he was on tape talking with Skins a bunch of times.

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/26/13 11:04 PM

Who knows why juries do what they do but best guess is all they had on licata was him on tape he was even talking about any particular crime, that was in the very begginng of the trial and they barely mentioned him for the rest of it.

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/26/13 11:21 PM

Well that's one thing that is not overrated: his sicilian connections. Not to quote a cheesy quote, but "over there he is everything". He's connected and in contact with top top bosses in sicily. He's got a lot of legitimate contacts though, in the US that he can do business with. I don't know how else to put it. To me, the way I see him is a smart businessman, not a killer, but not incapable of killing either.
He's smart, he's quiet, he's patient.

What I meant is he can't do a lot with those connections because LE wont allow it like what they did with Operation Old Bridge.
Posted By: OldSmoke

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/26/13 11:35 PM

Skinny, Pizza and Carmela...you're all spot on a couple times over. As usual.

When you live in an area with a lot of OC activity you have a different, first-hand, perspective on what's happening. You also can't disavow someone's first-hand knowledge from their community when your in England. Information dug up online from second hand sources will never be more credible than coming from someone on the scene, whether they know connected guys or just keep an ear to the ground to hear what's going on around town.

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/27/13 04:26 AM

Honestly.

Now we're all talking about the next fed indictment?

That has one thing in common with the rest of this thread:
You ALL have NO idea of Cali's standing/position in the family exactly the same as you ALL have NO idea of Fed investigations. I'm wrong on only two points: you are all either in the gambino administration or a fed supervisor of the gambino squad. If you're not then stop with the definitives and understand this is ALL loose speculation at best.

We know Cali's standing as much as we know up coming fed indictments, that is, fuck all.

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/27/13 10:47 PM

Honestly.

You ALL have NO idea of Cali's standing/position in the family exactly the same as you ALL have NO idea of Fed investigations. I'm wrong on only two points: you are all either in the gambino administration or a fed supervisor of the gambino squad. If you're not then stop with the definitives and understand this is ALL loose speculation at best.

We know Cali's standing as much as we know up coming fed indictments, that is, fuck all.

Considering the news that Cali had been elevated to underboss came from Capeci, who is one of the most trustworthy sources on the mob, I'm inclined to believe that. At least unless more substantial information comes out one way or the other.
Posted By: azguy

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/28/13 07:17 PM

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Honestly.

Considering the news that Cali had been elevated to underboss came from Capeci, who is one of the most trustworthy sources on the mob, I'm inclined to believe that. At least unless more substantial information comes out one way or the other.

OK, I agree IVY but why would Cefalu step down so quickly...doesn't make sense unless he's ill or is afraid some indictment is coming against him...
Posted By: tiger84

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/29/13 11:08 PM

Neighborhood guys: You have to realize that people from other parts of the world just can't conceive of the notion that some people live among wiseguys and that wiseguys are just regular neighborhood guys and not fucking movie stars. So when you pop off about what and who you know, you're going to be taken with a grain of salt by most people in Europe and Middle America (but I'll tell you all right the fuck now that Skinny and Carmela have already forgotten more about the life than most of you will ever know).

Try to get along. That's my piece smile.

This is the best quote ever.Whta people dont realise is that a wiseguy is just a criminal from NY who is italian and decided to join an italian gang in his neighbourhood.There is no difference between him and a black guy from compton who decide to join his local crip gang.Or a japanese man who lives in Tokyo and joins his local YAkuza.If anyone on the planet decides to join a gang u just join your local ethnic gang whatever it may be.Its not like the bildaberg group or the illuminati where u have to be some sort of political underground high level world power to join.

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/30/13 12:15 AM

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Honestly.

Capeci speculates as well Ivy, his is word drawn from Law enforcement sources and relatively low end street sources (highly doubt he's got capo access or higher).

It's educated speculation, but speculation none the less.

I'm simply trying to point out no one knows. It's all conjecture. So if people can start refraining from definitives then that would help us all.

Until someone HIGH up flips, which may be tomorrow or 10yts from now, Cali's standing will be mere gossip.

Hell, we have no certainty he's even UB.

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/30/13 12:24 AM

Incase you werent aware educated speculation is kinda the point of this forum.
Posted By: Jimmythepen

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 06/30/13 01:47 PM

Capeci may well speculate but more often than not, he's on the money.
Posted By: Ciccio67

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 07/02/13 01:55 AM

Most likely what ever capeci reports is solid info
Because law enforcement has some one that is feeding them info.

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather - 07/02/13 04:25 AM

Capeci speculates as well Ivy, his is word drawn from Law enforcement sources and relatively low end street sources (highly doubt he's got capo access or higher).

It's educated speculation, but speculation none the less.

I'm simply trying to point out no one knows. It's all conjecture. So if people can start refraining from definitives then that would help us all.

Until someone HIGH up flips, which may be tomorrow or 10yts from now, Cali's standing will be mere gossip.

Hell, we have no certainty he's even UB.

I agree that we can't know for sure until a law enforcement source is directly quoted or an indictment comes down. But what Capeci reports holds more weight than unsubstantiated rumors by whoever in an article here or there.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET