Home

Question concerning the 'Acting Boss'

Posted By: Skygee

Question concerning the 'Acting Boss' - 06/01/13 01:17 AM

So in the case of a Captain getting bumped up to Acting Boss, i.e. Tony Soprano, can he still lead his crew as acting boss, or does he have to bump someone up to Captain of his crew?
Posted By: bronx

Re: Question concerning the 'Acting Boss' - 06/01/13 04:38 AM

right
Posted By: AmericanCrime

Re: Question concerning the 'Acting Boss' - 06/13/13 04:34 AM

I would think the workload of being "acting boss" would be strenuous. So much so that I think it would be a necessity to promote someone to look after your crew if you yourself cannot handle it.

But this is a good question. I can't say for sure.
Posted By: Skinny

Re: Question concerning the 'Acting Boss' - 06/13/13 04:37 AM

Most crews will have an acting captain anyways.
Posted By: Lou_Para

Re: Question concerning the 'Acting Boss' - 06/13/13 05:28 AM

If it is a Captain who is named acting Boss,then I would imagine that he would name a crew member to move up to acting Captain to look after his crew during his tenure. If the Acting Boss becomes Boss,then the Acting Captain would probably be made Captain.

If an Underboss or Consiglieri becomes acting Boss,he could probably handle the added responsibility without having to put someone in charge of his operations.Generally,these positions are filled by men who are close to the Boss,know how he thinks,and have been in on higher level decisions.
Also they are not burdened with day-to-day operations like their underlings.

In either case,an Acting Boss is rarely in danger of making a bad call,because usually,he is filling in for an imprisoned Boss who will no doubt make his wishes known during visits from his "lawyers". If it becomes apparent that the Boss isn't coming back anytime soon,then the Acting Boss will probably take the top seat.

Of course with these goons you never know. I believe that Carmine Persico is still the official Boss of the Colombo Family even though he went in after the "Commission Trial" and will never be on the streets again.

Gotta wonder how in the hell that's working out.
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Question concerning the 'Acting Boss' - 06/13/13 05:32 AM

Yeah, usually there's an acting captain to take over the crew. But sometimes the acting boss will still oversee his crew directly. Danny Leo did that.
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: Question concerning the 'Acting Boss' - 06/13/13 08:35 AM

Going inside aint like the old days.

Doing time as a skipper, even a goodfella used to mean something.
Family is taken care of, whats yours is yours.

Now days you go in, Skipper or not, youre replaced and your family isnt getting. Even the horn (angelo Pris)was caught saying 'They take care of your family? These days that's only if youre a boss'. And he was a captain.

Have a look at a chart. Chins familig still have the little guy as Consig. Find me another example of anything close.

Acting? Official? Joke.

Apart from the old school, who's going to do life when your kids arent eating, being taken care of?

Posted By: Skinny

Re: Question concerning the 'Acting Boss' - 06/13/13 10:17 AM

MOST CAPTAINS HAVE AN ACTING CAPTAIN WITHOUT EVER BEING BUMPED UP OR SHIPPED OFF TO PRISON.

Jesus. How many fuckin times do i gotta say it? Sometimes a crew can have more than one. Some times hes not even made, just close to the captain. If there is no one capable of running the crew it gets given to another captain to supervise. It is a very common practice whether or not ivy can find proof of it in the fbi feild manual.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET