Home

Chicago Outfit Top Echelon Meeting 1972

Posted By: GaryMartin

Chicago Outfit Top Echelon Meeting 1972 - 05/27/13 01:02 AM

Top leaders of the Chicago Outfit meet following the death of Paul Ricca to announce organizational structure.

I found an old FBI file I saved that indicates a Criminal - Top Echelon (CTE) informant has been providing information about Outfit business. Listed below is the link. Take a look and share your opinion about the identity of the RAT.

Just like Skinny said, no right or wrong answers.

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=70996&relPageId=3
Posted By: Camarel

Re: Chicago Outfit Top Echelon Meeting 1972 - 05/27/13 01:16 AM

Originally Posted By: GaryMartin
Top leaders of the Chicago Outfit meet following the death of Paul Ricca to announce organizational structure.

I found an old FBI file I saved that indicates a Criminal - Top Echelon (CTE) informant has been providing information about Outfit business. Listed below is the link. Take a look and share your opinion about the identity of the RAT.

Just like Skinny said, no right or wrong answers.

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=70996&relPageId=3

Thanks for this Maryferrell is a great website but i usually don't have the time to comb through it.
Posted By: PP

Re: Chicago Outfit Top Echelon Meeting 1972 - 05/27/13 03:38 AM

Great stuff.

Thanks for posting.
Posted By: thecooler

Re: Chicago Outfit Top Echelon Meeting 1972 - 05/27/13 03:43 PM

I believe the informant is Ralph Pierce.

Re: Chicago Outfit Top Echelon Meeting 1972 - 05/27/13 04:38 PM

The cooler - I've seen Pierce's name in several articles but I know nothing about him. But I will by tomorrow.

Thanks for the feedback.
Posted By: Faithful1

Re: Chicago Outfit Top Echelon Meeting 1972 - 05/27/13 04:42 PM

Richard Cain would be the other choice.

Re: Chicago Outfit Top Echelon Meeting 1972 - 05/27/13 05:29 PM

Faithful1 - Good call ! Considering Cain played "both sides," he surely would be a top suspect. Been reading about Ralph Pierce and he, too, looks suspicious.

Thanks

Re: Chicago Outfit Top Echelon Meeting 1972 - 05/27/13 06:17 PM

I tend to think the informant is Pierce.

On page "D" of the report, the informant refers to a 1956 meeting when Giancana was made boss of the Outfit. The informant doesn't reveal that he was at the meeting but he supplies such precise details-the location of the meeting, the agenda, the attendees, etc, that it seems to me that he was probably one of the guys at the meeting. (Someone could have learned the information secondhand but it would be hard to keep the details straight fifteen years later).

As for suspects, if we eliminate the dead mobsters and assume the informant isn't Accardo, Giancana or Alex, it leaves Kruse, Vogel or Pierce.

Furthermore, the same informant knows confidential details about Alex's current schedule that only one of his top subordinates-Kruse, Vogel or Pierce, was likely to know.

Combined with clues found in other FBI documents, I tend to go with Pierce as the source.

I wrote more about Pierce here.

http://informer-journal.blogspot.ca/2011/07/roemers-men-in-outfit.html

Re: Chicago Outfit Top Echelon Meeting 1972 - 05/27/13 06:58 PM

I've never seen this site, but it looks GREAT ! And you could be absolutely correct about Pierce.

All members should take a look at thecooler's site.

Thanks so much for sharing.

Re: Chicago Outfit Top Echelon Meeting 1972 - 05/27/13 07:11 PM

Definitely not my site! Credit goes to Tom Hunt. Like many here already know, he edits the Informer.

Re: Chicago Outfit Top Echelon Meeting 1972 - 05/27/13 07:21 PM

Oops! My mistake. Sorry.
Posted By: Faithful1

Re: Chicago Outfit Top Echelon Meeting 1972 - 05/27/13 11:47 PM

I tend to go with Ed the Cooler on this one. When it comes to discovering confidential informants he's the best.
Posted By: cookcounty

Re: Chicago Outfit Top Echelon Meeting 1972 - 05/28/13 02:06 AM

Chicago had area bosses way back in 1972.......big shock
Posted By: ChiTown

Re: Chicago Outfit Top Echelon Meeting 1972 - 05/28/13 02:44 PM

Very cool nice post.
Posted By: azguy

Re: Chicago Outfit Top Echelon Meeting 1972 - 05/28/13 05:58 PM

I love these old documents...
Posted By: JJB

Re: Chicago Outfit Top Echelon Meeting 1972 - 06/30/14 03:29 PM

That document got me to researching Sidney Korshak a bit more, and I found an interesting Vanity Fair piece on him. It's here.
Posted By: jonnynonos

Re: Chicago Outfit Top Echelon Meeting 1972 - 06/30/14 09:08 PM

There's a book on Cain called The Tangled Web. I think it was written by his brother. I own it but only flipped through it.
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Chicago Outfit Top Echelon Meeting 1972 - 07/01/14 12:12 AM

The informant is most likely Ralph Pierce as Richard Cain was on thin ice at the start of the 70's with the Outfit, and most likely would not have been invited to attend that meeting, so he would not have been able to give out precise details, only second hand information. Pierce was in good standing with the Outfits top echelon.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET