Home

Most Powerful CO in the world

Posted By: FireHawk

Most Powerful CO in the world - 05/06/13 11:26 PM

who are the top 3 most powerful crime organizations in your opinion? in terms of power, money, influence etc.
Posted By: BlackFamily

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 05/07/13 12:43 AM

Speaking OPINION only: 1. Sinaloa Cartel 2. Ndrangheta 3. Nigerian Syndicates
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 05/07/13 01:12 AM

I'd include Japan's Yakusa in that list. They are absolutely joined at the navel with Japanese Big Business.
Posted By: Gotti

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 05/07/13 02:19 AM

Al Qaeda/Taliban
Sinaloa Cartel
'Ndrangheta.
Yakuza

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 05/07/13 02:20 AM

ndragheta must be pretty damm powerful

i also didn't know the nigerians are up their as well?
Posted By: Strax

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 05/07/13 11:57 AM

Sinaloa Cartel,'Ndrangheta,Solntsevskaya Bratva.

Nigerian Syndicates...? I don't think so.
Posted By: Camarel

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 05/07/13 12:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Strax
Sinaloa Cartel,'Ndrangheta,Solntsevskaya Bratva.

Nigerian Syndicates...? I don't think so.

I'd say this too .

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 05/07/13 05:03 PM

The reasons for nigerian syndicates is for the flexibility in their networks. Within 20 or so years they were able to expand into 80 countries subtle and swiftly. Focusing mostly on financial fraud that cost countries billions of dollars a year without the use of violence. They have good skills in coordination and communication which they use to partner up with every major crime group that is mentioned in this forum.
Posted By: m2w

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 05/07/13 09:58 PM

a top 5 would be better, coz i think these groups have a similar power

mexican cartels
italian mafia
russian mob
yakuza
triads
Posted By: Antonio

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 05/08/13 10:17 AM

I still hold my opinion that only the most powerful groups exist and not just one . On a similar level I would say in terms of wealth , power and organisation it's the Mexican Cartels, Italian Mobs and the Chinese Triads. The Eastern European groups aren't so organized . Also remember that the Calabrian mafia are estimated to make 44 billion , and all the Mexican cartels roughly make 50 billion. That definitely says something about the ndranghetaat the moment
Posted By: Dwalin2011

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 05/08/13 10:41 AM

But anyway, it's not like the 'ndrangheta can be considered one group. There are different clans that have been enemies since forever. The same goes for the Mexican cartels, the Russian mafia etc. For example, we could ask whether the Piromalli 'ndrangheta clan is stronger or weaker than the Solnzevskaya Bratva, because theoretically it's possible they will have a conflict on a neutral territory, but it isn't possible the the whole 'ndrangheta and the whole Russian mafia form 2 coalitions to fight one another.
Posted By: ThePolakVet

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 05/08/13 11:14 AM

Someone please state me how much aproximetely are there Ndragheta clans and how big is the membership. And also please state the number of Mexican cartels and their aprox. membership.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 05/08/13 02:43 PM

Originally Posted By: ThePolakVet
Someone please state me how much aproximetely are there Ndragheta clans and how big is the membership. And also please state the number of Mexican cartels and their aprox. membership.

I would say 50-100 people not more(Ndrangheta)but you have 'Ndrangheta cells in other countries that have about 5-10 people and they report to Calabria,but you also have families that have grown such as case in Canada and Australia and they became independent.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 05/08/13 03:08 PM

I would say 50-100 people not more(Ndrangheta)but you have 'Ndrangheta cells in other countries that have about 5-10 people and they report to Calabria,but you also have families that have grown such as case in Canada and Australia and they became independent.

50-100??? The 'ndrangheta has thousands as a whole, and there are clans like the Piromalli who have about 500 made members (don't remember the source, but I can try to find it) and an unknown number of associates.
Posted By: SilentPartnerz

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 05/08/13 03:35 PM

1. Vors - too many billionaires and Putin protected not to mention them
2. Yakuza - quasi-legal and has their fingers in BIG TIME legit businesses worldwide.
3. The Smaldone LCN Family in Denver

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 05/08/13 03:39 PM

Originally Posted By: SilentPartnerz
1. Vors - too many billionaires and Putin protected not to mention them

I think the position of the thieves-in-law (vory v zakone) is weaker than before, now there are the so-called "businessmen" like Sergei Mikhailov, Vladimir Tiurin, Anatoliy Bykov or Vladimir Kumarin who usually don't care about traditions and "honorific" titles (even though Tiurin is a thief-in-law).
The vors are often arrested for drugs possession, the police very often plant drugs in their pockets, while they are afraid to do so to the "businessmen" like Mikhailov and others.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 05/08/13 04:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011

50-100??? The 'ndrangheta has thousands as a whole, and there are clans like the Piromalli who have about 500 made members (don't remember the source, but I can try to find it) and an unknown number of associates.

I think he meant per clan, which makes more sense. Well according to the FBI , all of the Italian mobs put together have 25 000 core members and 250 000 affiliates however this is obviously very rough as it is hard to get a decent figure . I'd imagine the Mexican cartels and those afilkyated to them would be similar . Also conferescenti estimates the mafia at around 100 billion euros and I've seen figures at about 50 billion dollars for the Mexicans, like I said these figures are all guesses, nobody truly knows.

However I do think that the Russian or former so ite groups are exaggerated a little , sure they're major players, but people tend to over caution them I think. I would imagine Balkan organized crime is more powerful or pervasive than some Russian groups, eg the Albanians.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 05/08/13 04:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Antonio

However I do think that the Russian or former so ite groups are exaggerated a little , sure they're major players, but people tend to over caution them I think. I would imagine Balkan organized crime is more powerful or pervasive than some Russian groups, eg the Albanians.

The cells operating outside of Russia maybe are not that powerful, since they are on territories that belong to others, but the ones the bosses of which stay safely in Moscow, St.Petersburg etc unfortunately have tremendous power in the country. It's not that long since the 90s ended, and the 90s were like the Wild West in America, the only difference was that, while in the Wild West the sheriffs could at least shoot the bandits on the spot, in the 90s in Russia the police couldn't to it to the big bosses and was virtually powerless. The police is also mostly corrupt. When in the city of Togliatti (an Italian name, but it's in Russia) a drug lord's right-hand man was arrested and his boss went on the run, he was questioned about who, according to him, will now be in charge of the city's drug trade. He answered: the Federal Drug Control Service of the Russian Federation.
Posted By: LuanKuci

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 05/08/13 05:21 PM

the city of Togliatti (an Italian name, but it's in Russia)

That city was dedicated to the leader of the Italian Communist Party Palmiro Togliatti (1893-1964).

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 05/08/13 07:56 PM

I said 50-100 members per family(Sorry my bad),whole 'Ndrangheta prolly about 5000-6000 ?
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 05/08/13 08:58 PM

Organized crime in Russia has been weakened, at least somewhat, in recent years. The system under Putin is not like it was back in the 1990's.

According to the FBI, the 'Ndrangheta has about 6,000 members. For the record, the FBI says the Camorra has 7,000 members, the Cosa Nostra 5,000 members, and the Sacra Corona Unita 2,000 members. This totals 20,000, which is less than the 25,000 also cited on the FBI website. Obviously, estimates are going to vary. For example, Italian OC scholar Letizia Paoli cites the 'Ndrangheta as having 5,000 members and the Cosa Nostra 3,500 members. And it's hard to make an apples-to-apples comparison with the manpower in other crime groups, many of whom do not have the distinction of being "made" vs not "made."

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 05/08/13 09:10 PM

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Organized crime in Russia has been weakened, at least somewhat, in recent years. The system under Putin is not like it was back in the 1990's.

I hope it really is like you are saying, but as far as I know, many crime groups are considered not active anymore NOT because the leaders have been imprisoned, but only because they are considered "to have gone legit", and this isn't always the case. Many crime bosses have been killed, but nobody of the ones who have national or international power has been punished through the law. The only one is Vladimir Kumarin (head of the Tambovsakya group), and that's only because some underlings of his tried to extort somebody who was friends with the governor who sent a complaint to Putin. Most of the others who went to jail are just local bosses who don't control more than one region. The only exception apart from Kumarin I can think of is the thief-in-law Tariel Oniani, the main rival of the killed Grandpa Hasan (Aslan Usoyan).

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 05/08/13 09:24 PM

I hope it really is like you are saying, but as far as I know, many crime groups are considered not active anymore NOT because the leaders have been imprisoned, but only because they are considered "to have gone legit", and this isn't always the case. Many crime bosses have been killed, but nobody of the ones who have national or international power has been punished through the law. The only one is Vladimir Kumarin (head of the Tambovsakya group), and that's only because some underlings of his tried to extort somebody who was friends with the governor who sent a complaint to Putin. Most of the others who went to jail are just local bosses who don't control more than one region. The only exception apart from Kumarin I can think of is the thief-in-law Tariel Oniani, the main rival of the killed Grandpa Hasan (Aslan Usoyan).

There was a good article a while back that talked about how the OC groups in Russia had been weakened in recent years. I posted it on the RD forum but can't access it anymore.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 05/09/13 07:29 PM

Many groups went extinct, but it doesn't mean that Russian OC is weakened. It's just that most of these groups went into legal business. And other groups were brought down by authorities or killed by other groups. They still hold enough power.

The Russian OC leaders and guys who started in the 90's now are sitting in the offices. While guys at the age of 20 are doing the dirty job.

It's more or less that it's not anymore so public and criminals have became smarter.
Posted By: red

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 05/11/13 01:44 PM

Originally Posted By: BlackFamily
The reasons for nigerian syndicates is for the flexibility in their networks. Within 20 or so years they were able to expand into 80 countries subtle and swiftly. Focusing mostly on financial fraud that cost countries billions of dollars a year without the use of violence. They have good skills in coordination and communication which they use to partner up with every major crime group that is mentioned in this forum.

your right in Dallas the nigerians are involved in medicare scams maybe the biggest group in dallas. plus other scams such telecom ,stolen cell phones.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 05/11/13 01:48 PM

According to the FBI, the 'Ndrangheta has about 6,000 members. For the record, the FBI says the Camorra has 7,000 members, the Cosa Nostra 5,000 members, and the Sacra Corona Unita 2,000 members. This totals 20,000, which is less than the 25,000 also cited on the FBI website. Obviously, estimates are going to vary. For example, Italian OC scholar Letizia Paoli cites the 'Ndrangheta as having 5,000 members and the Cosa Nostra 3,500 members. And it's hard to make an apples-to-apples comparison with the manpower in other crime groups, many of whom do not have the distinction of being "made" vs not "made."

good citings!

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 05/11/13 01:52 PM

who are the smaldone
Posted By: southend

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 05/11/13 02:12 PM

Originally Posted By: red

who are the smaldone

say no more

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 05/11/13 08:50 PM

so would you guys say the nigerians have reached the wealth and power as the ndragheta

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 05/11/13 08:56 PM

Originally Posted By: FireHawk
so would you guys say the nigerians have reached the wealth and power as the ndragheta

Ofcourse no.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 05/11/13 11:40 PM

Ofcourse no.

Ofcourse no.
Worldwide no but in certain parts they are growing inpart because they stick to white collar scams and they have alot of experience.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 05/12/13 12:03 AM

Southend I've had my ear to the streets for almost 40 years. Albeit never in drugs my question simply was that according to the FBI the Denver family was taken out in 2002, so I have no idea my friend who is running Denver? Without a little Italy or a large Italian community should prove difficult to get recruits unless they are brought in. Plus the Sons of Silence have a menacing presence along with the Hell´s Angels in downtown metro.The bikers control most if not all the bars. Beyond on me my friend where you could find real estate Didn't mean any disrespect.
Posted By: cookcounty

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 05/12/13 09:38 PM

Ofcourse no.

you're blinded by hate

the Nigerians are making a lot of money and have been for awhile

money buys you power

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 05/12/13 10:15 PM

The fact here on this forum is this. That there are too many fanboys, including myself to be also one of them. When some guy has been doing research on Ndragheta, he'll state that they're the strongest group out there. I have done a lot of research on Russian criminal groups and I'll state that they're the strongest. Like here mentioned, this guy says that Ndragheta supplies cocaine to whole Europe. While I personally know that every cocaine that comes in Eastern Europe is from Russia.

On the real side, neither do I know much about Ndragheta, and neither that guy knows so much about Russian OC.

To be honest, where do we get our info? From the media, some guys have maybe access to some law enforcement files, some guys maybe know a few associates to some criminal organization. But the real ity is known only to those groups. They are the ones that know their real income, number of people, resources and power in general.

So, I think we could go here ages arguing which CO is the strongest. But the truth won't be known until they go against each other.

To put my two cents in the Italian and Nigerian scene. Italians have been there for a long time. While Nigerians have done it fast progress. The conclusion you can make yourself.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 05/12/13 10:33 PM

yes, but are they as powerful as the ndragheta

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 05/13/13 03:37 AM

no however Nigeria is on the way to becoming the México of cocaine passage into europe the ndragheta isn't involved in the traffic of cocaine so maybe in drugs the nigerians are bigger.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 05/13/13 05:28 AM

Originally Posted By: red
no however Nigeria is on the way to becoming the México of cocaine passage into europe the ndragheta isn't involved in the traffic of cocaine so maybe in drugs the nigerians are bigger.

Wait, what? The 'Ndrangheta's biggest money maker is the cocaine trade. It's the #1 group involved in cocaine in Europe. And, while Nigeria and other African areas are becoming major shipping points for cocaine, much of that is already controlled by the 'Ndrangheta; to say nothing of the drug routes in Europe itself.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 05/13/13 08:01 AM

@Red: The ports of west Africa are used,because its closest point of entry,and it's almost no one who control ports in west Africa,from Africa it is going to Europe.From there it is getting in Europe through Spain and italy,and most of that shipments are controlled by 'Ndrangheta,Cosa Nostra & Camorra.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 05/13/13 01:50 PM

In terms of power ( by your definition) is no. It's mainly due to their activities and structure. Ndrangheta as a collective is involve in about half a dozen rackets and of course legit business that gives additional income. While the Nigerian groups are involved in mainly drugs trade, fraud, and human trafficking in europe. It's goes back to their structure as well, Nigerians having a flexible network that keeps the money flowing.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 05/13/13 01:54 PM

Also on the cocaine trade in Europe, it's a diverse marketplace. But according to Europol the most prominent poly-drug groups are Albanian speaking crime groups, Lithuanian crime groups, OMGs, and West African crime groups. I found it odd that they mentioned Ndrangheta but don't include the Italian crime groups.
Posted By: Mastronardo

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 05/13/13 03:51 PM

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 05/13/13 04:38 PM

10 Most Powerful Drug Cartels: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcuY3fmI8u4

Mostly mexican,'Ndrangheta is placed on 3. place.I wouldn't call 'Ndrangheta a cartel but most of the drugs in Europe are coming through Calabrian ports.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 05/13/13 04:56 PM

From Russian wikipedia: States that there are total around 12 000 Russian crime groups with membership of 160 000.
Ndragheta has 150 groups and 5000 members.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 05/13/13 05:02 PM

From Russian wikipedia: States that there are total around 12 000 Russian crime groups with membership of 160 000.

Keep in mind that A) that figure for the 'Ndrangheta doesn't include associates, which could be 10 times the number of made members; ) the 'Ndrangheta is only one of 4 major Italian OC groups; C) the figure for the Russian groups likely includes other groups that are not Russian, i.e. Ukrainian and people from other Eastern European countries that often get lumped in under the "Russian Mafia" umbrella; and D) many of these Eurasian groups don't have the distinction of "made" members so the numbers will appear bigger.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 05/13/13 05:03 PM

nigerians are not even close to ndrangheta
although involved strongly in drugs nigerians dont control any market of a rich country like ndrangheta does, so ndrangheta profits are bigger even in drugs that is the major nigerian activity

you can't compare very generic numbers from all russian groups with accurate ones about ndrangheta
and 5000 are only the made members, the associates are much more
Posted By: Camarel

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 05/13/13 05:23 PM

Keep in mind that B) that figure for the 'Ndrangheta doesn't include associates, which could be 10 times the number of made members; B) the figure for the Russian groups likely includes other groups that are not Russian, i.e. Ukrainian and people from other Eastern European countries that often get lumped in under the "Russian Mafia" umbrella; and C) many of these Eurasian groups don't have the distinction of "made" members so the numbers will appear bigger.

To make it a fair comparison you'd also have to include all the Italian Crime Syndicates rather than just the Calabrians.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 05/13/13 06:08 PM

In italy from all groups,there are about 25,000 made members and about 300,000 associates.
Posted By: cookcounty

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 05/13/13 09:56 PM

I guarantee that there are some Nigerian groups that are stronger than some individual ndragheta clans or some mafia families

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 05/13/13 11:48 PM

Originally Posted By: cookcounty
I guarantee that there are some Nigerian groups that are stronger than some individual ndragheta clans or some mafia families

that's true but italian mafia as a whole is by far stronger than nigerian clans as a whole

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 05/14/13 05:08 AM

In italy from all groups,there are about 25,000 made members and about 300,000 associates.

The FBI has cited 25,000 members and 250,000 associates. One could accuse them of taking the lazy man's route of just estimating 10 associates for every member but, with the Italian clans, 10 associates per member is very realistic.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 05/14/13 05:48 PM

The FBI has cited 25,000 members and 250,000 associates. One could accuse them of taking the lazy man's route of just estimating 10 associates for every member but, with the Italian clans, 10 associates per member is very realistic.

Nice stats, the thing is though with Italian organized crime you know that the members and associates are closely interlinked - hence have an organized structure. With Russian mafiya groups , they may have something like 100 000 members but a lit of them aren't all Russian and a lot of them are small groups of fraudsters , traffickers etc. like that fraud ring in Miami where waitresses ripped of clients , how can that be considered mafia?

If a group of Italian fraudsters got busted with no links to the mob the media wouldn't call them Mafiosi , why is it different within soviet ethnic groups ?
Posted By: LuanKuci

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 05/14/13 06:05 PM

If a group of Italian fraudsters got busted with no links to the mob the media wouldn't call them Mafiosi , why is it different within soviet ethnic groups ?

Touché.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 05/14/13 08:53 PM

Nice stats, the thing is though with Italian organized crime you know that the members and associates are closely interlinked - hence have an organized structure. With Russian mafiya groups , they may have something like 100 000 members but a lit of them aren't all Russian and a lot of them are small groups of fraudsters , traffickers etc. like that fraud ring in Miami where waitresses ripped of clients , how can that be considered mafia?

Oleg Simchuk was from Riga, Latvia and was associated with one of the largest groups here in the 90's. Then as many others after reaching power he moved into his own rackets.

The Russian Mob differs from the Italians very drastically. Such as there's no united guide by which you make a Russian mob or consider one to be. More or less nowdays Vory V Zakone have the most influence over every criminal group. Not all of these groups respect them, tough.

There are no ceremonies or anything "family based". Russian speaking organized crime is mainly a group of men(Bratva) who engage into criminal activities together to make profit. The system differs also. There aren't such things as "being made".

Practically in Italian Mob you get made as you're choosen to be made by other higher people. In Russian Mob, made gets only Thieves in Law, and a lot of them are nowdays those who have bought their status. The real criminals, those are criminal authorities. That's how we call them - criminal authority. As my father explained this to me - a person who everyone knows that he is a criminal but the law enforcement can't do shit to him. And no-one inducts you to become a criminal authority. You have your own head, your own hands and you do your thing to become one till people start to recognize you as one.

Practically there's up to 300 000 people who are connected to organized crime groups that are registered by police in Russia. There's also those which aren't registered.
Posted By: joey_dice

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 05/14/13 09:11 PM

Most powerful criminal organizations:

White house
Internal Revenue Service
US department of Justice

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 05/14/13 10:51 PM

ThePolakVet, do you have information about Boris Dekanidze and the Vilnius brigade, how was it structured, if it's still active etc? I am interested in Dekanidze because he is one of the few mafia bosses of any nation to ever get the death penalty. Do you know if there ever were any other major kingpins executed in the Baltic states?

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 05/15/13 10:31 AM

Oleg Simchuk was from Riga, Latvia and was associated with one of the largest groups here in the 90's. Then as many others after reaching power he moved into his own rackets.

The Russian Mob differs from the Italians very drastically. Such as there's no united guide by which you make a Russian mob or consider one to be. More or less nowdays Vory V Zakone have the most influence over every criminal group. Not all of these groups respect them, tough.

There are no ceremonies or anything "family based". Russian speaking organized crime is mainly a group of men(Bratva) who engage into criminal activities together to make profit. The system differs also. There aren't such things as "being made".

Practically in Italian Mob you get made as you're choosen to be made by other higher people. In Russian Mob, made gets only Thieves in Law, and a lot of them are nowdays those who have bought their status. The real criminals, those are criminal authorities. That's how we call them - criminal authority. As my father explained this to me - a person who everyone knows that he is a criminal but the law enforcement can't do shit to him. And no-one inducts you to become a criminal authority. You have your own head, your own hands and you do your thing to become one till people start to recognize you as one.

Practically there's up to 300 000 people who are connected to organized crime groups that are registered by police in Russia. There's also those which aren't registered.

Like you said , this is why it's difficult to compare organized crime between cultures , because mafia often means something slightly different in each one. For example you said yourself , a group of men who conspire to commit organized crime (bratva) in Russia or former soviet states would be considered "mafia" for you guys. However groups of men in Italy (who aren't connected to the LCN, Camorra, Ndrangheta, SCU, Mala del Brenta etc) also exist and come together to carry out rackets like fraud and bid rigging. For us though they aren't considered mafia or Mafiosi , just organized criminals.

So if you compare the stats between Russian and Italian OC , the chances are those organized Italian criminals seperate from the main groups aren't mentioned in Italian organized crime membership. If you see what I mean...

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 05/15/13 07:26 PM

ThePolakVet, do you have information about Boris Dekanidze and the Vilnius brigade, how was it structured, if it's still active etc? I am interested in Dekanidze because he is one of the few mafia bosses of any nation to ever get the death penalty. Do you know if there ever were any other major kingpins executed in the Baltic states?

I remember watching a video where Dekanizde was meeting some crime bosses from Latvia in the 90's shortly before his death penalty.

The brigade is dead, there were other groups that took their place. Some of the old members are still out there, could be connected with other groups or running their own.
I think the structure was more or less Boris and his father Georgiy Dekanidze being the bosses, with the later operating in US. And the rest were just their soldiers.

I remember there was some other small time robber gang leaders that may have been executed in the Baltic states. But Dekanidze was the last and only one in 90's.
Posted By: BordertownResident

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 05/17/13 11:56 PM

How do the Italian clans/members operate? and how are the associate's accounted for and what do they serve towards the group? In Mexico or so more Los Zetas and Gulf Cartel operate similarly but different. What I mean is that the Gulf Cartel members are just as goons as Los Zetas but are more of an administration role.

There are about 2,000-3,000 Los Zetas "fighters" in Mexico operating in about 150-200 municipalities. These "fighters" take more of a enforcers role than hitmen, their general role is to enforce their rackets within the neighborhoods and install fear and respect within the street gangs that work for them/authorities/ and citizens. These fighters or "estacas" as what they call themselves are the most respected members and are the core members of the cell or organization as a whole. There are about 10-25 or so "estacas" per area or sector of the city under or per "commadante" or local captain. There are about 4 or 5 "commadantes" or local captains per town and one "jefe de plaza" per town or the town boss. There is a second in command or "second plaza boss" and of course the accounting or accounters that pay every their weekly checks including the police that work for them. There are about 6-8 local thugs(street gang members) per neighborhood that work for the "central" selling drugs, lookouts, and sometimes hitmen. "Central" means the local headquarters but it's basically the core group that makes up a cell which is a the "commadante" they work for and his "estacas" or enforcers. Above the town boss or "jefe de plaza" are the regional commanders of "jefe regionales" in Spanish. Regional bosses are basically state bosses/region bosses, they command or control the "plaza bosses" or town bosses(They are very powerful). Not all of the cells leaders or "plaza bosses"are under the same command or under the same regional boss. And obviously under the regional bosses are "Sol" which is the head of the central bank for the organization as a whole, Z-42 the under boss for the whole orgination and the leader himself Z-40.

The Gulf Cartel uses the some of the same similar nicknames but they operate differently. Los Zetas are freaking goons compared to the Gulf Cartel.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 05/18/13 12:09 AM

The Gulf Cartel uses similar names or nicknames but operate or are organized differently. They call their members "estacas" too but their "estacas" take more of a administration role rather than enforcer role. Their members only care about controlling the drug houses/drug distribution and not the territory or the street gangs/neighborhoods themselves. Their member aren't as "hardcore" compared to Los Zetas but can be as violent as Los Zetas. Most of or if not all of their bosses are in either Matamoros or Reynosa and from there most of the shots are coming from. They don't have "plaza bosses" or town bosses like the Los Zetas do but they do use the same slang. Their plaza bosses are more of national lieutants rather than some mere cell leaders. They care about controlling the drug routes into the U.S rather than territory.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 05/18/13 12:21 AM

I would say either the Sinaloa Cartel or the Nrdangheta as being the most powerful but I have a feeling and what I know of is that the Sinaloa Cartel is probably considered the most powerful speaking of it's range of influence and range of penetration of the government.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 05/18/13 10:28 AM

^ I would any-day agree that those two are very if not the most powerful groups. However Like I have said before, it's hard to measure organized crime power between different cultures because they are structures differently, operate differently e.t.c. I mean you could say the Italian Mafia revenue annually is bigger than the Mexican cartels revenue but you could also say the Sinaloa Cartel is bigger and more powerful than the top clans of the Calabrian Mafia. It just depends on how you compare them, obviously if you just compare the Sicilian mafia to the whole range of Mexican Cartels, the Mexicans are going to be more powerful. I still hold my opinion there isn't a most powerful organization, just many powerful one's. Does nobody agree with what I'm saying? Or maybe I'm just talking out of my ass...

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 08/27/16 05:54 AM

who are considered the 3 most powerful now.... i made this thread 3 years ago, anything change?
Posted By: SonnyD

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 08/27/16 11:58 AM

The 3 post powerful OC groups in the world today are:

1) US Government
2) Chinese Government
3) Russian Government
Posted By: BillyBrizzi

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 08/27/16 12:09 PM

I would say the 'Ndrangheta is the most powerful, because they are the only ones I read about that are popping up everywhere.

They are all over Europe, last year they defrauded the international flower auction in Aalsmeer over here in Holland for millions of dollars.

Their presence in North America is also only getting bigger and their connections with the South American cartels are strong, in Mexico but Colombia as well..

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 08/27/16 01:20 PM

Also on the cocaine trade in Europe, it's a diverse marketplace. But according to Europol the most prominent poly-drug groups are Albanian speaking crime groups, Lithuanian crime groups, OMGs, and West African crime groups. I found it odd that they mentioned Ndrangheta but don't include the Italian crime groups.

europol is not a believable source they copy every year the previous report lol
anyway if you read better it states that domestic criminal groups are the strongest in all western european countries and italian are obviously the most prominent coz they have political connections

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 08/28/16 03:10 PM

Wow a blast from the past.

If you doubt Europol reports than what source for an agency that deals with Organized Crime are you citing? Furthermore I already stated in my previous topic why Nigerian syndicates in my opinion.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 08/29/16 06:09 PM

nigerians are among the biggest drugs importer among not-european groups, but as i sad domestic groups are the most prominent in drug trafficking and most powerful in general

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 09/01/16 08:26 AM

Whatever you say man.
Posted By: Footreads

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 09/01/16 08:40 AM

Mexico has the best products so they have the capacity to be the biggest. But their distribution sucks.

But the Middle East has everything going for it. There distribution connection to get their drugs all over the world is better then Mexico.

They are also the ones who are selling their cheap prescription drugs to individuals here in the US. That is comming from Pakistan. But what they don't have right now is getting their crap to places like Germany. But that can change any day now.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 09/01/16 02:33 PM

Whatever you say man.

i don't think you know enough of europe to talk about it...nigerians are not the strongest group in europe as you like to believe, they are maybe among the strongest not european groups, but domestic groups are by far the most powerful over there

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 09/01/16 06:39 PM

Originally Posted By: m2w
Whatever you say man.

i don't think you know enough of europe to talk about it...nigerians are not the strongest group in europe as you like to believe, they are maybe among the strongest not european groups, but domestic groups are by far the most powerful over there

I completely agree with you m2w,Russian and Italian mafia are most powerful in Europe if not in the world,because of their close political/freemasonry connections.

@BlackFamily: you are the only one that keeps bringing up Nigerian Organized Crime,they are big drug traffickers,true,but they are nowhere near Italian,Russian,Japanese mafia etc.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 09/01/16 06:48 PM

he probably thinks that europe is like the states where blacks are involved in shit all across the country... black criminals in europe are just a minority and there are not prison gangs
Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 09/01/16 08:33 PM

The 'Ndrangheta is an extraordinary organization. I seriously doubt there's a more powerful organized crime unit than them. Like stated above, they are everywhere and are able to do things most other groups can only dream of. The Russians are also very powerful, but they are split into so many different units and aren't nearly as organized as many would like to think. These units may share similar interests, but overall it's a very loose association. Other powerful organizations are the Sinaloa cartel and the declining American Cosa Nostra.
Posted By: Hollander

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 09/01/16 09:13 PM

nigerians are among the biggest drugs importer among not-european groups, but as i sad domestic groups are the most prominent in drug trafficking and most powerful in general

I agree in the Netherlands, a HUGE drug hub, domestic groups called "Penose" are dominant.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 09/01/16 10:13 PM

1. The OP is speaking in the world, not Europe. It's impossible to gauge every single syndicate in that scale. Therefore it's quite an opinionated topic for entertainment.

2. I said Nigerian syndicates collectively around the globe since they're active in about 70 countries. Not exclusively Europe.

3. I agreed with you on local groups overall , wasn't being sarcastic.

4. I know the big differences in Black OC in the States compared to a group of Countries. If you want to discuss on that then please inform me on those groups oversea. In the States , that's my specialty before any street gangs. Hence my username.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 09/01/16 10:22 PM

Strax

I'm the only stating that because they have done business with everyone of those groups you listed abroad and within these group's territory with little to no consequences.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 09/02/16 01:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Hollander
I agree in the Netherlands, a HUGE drug hub, domestic groups called "Penose" are dominant.

right... have they political connections? i wonder if there is some criminal group in europe aside italian, russian and balkan criminal groups that are strongly political connected... maybe corsican? they sure have some political link

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 09/02/16 01:17 PM

I'm the only stating that because they have done business with everyone of those groups you listed abroad and within these group's territory with little to no consequences.

nigerian oc usually move little drug, in europe most of coke is imported by italian mafia, hashish by moroccans and italian mafia, heroin by albanians and turks/kurds, weed is producted in italy, albania and netherlands, meth is produced in netherlands... nigerian are little players over there, the same in the united states that is dominated by mexican cartels

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 09/02/16 04:40 PM

right... have they political connections? i wonder if there is some criminal group in europe aside italian, russian and balkan criminal groups that are strongly political connected... maybe corsican? they sure have some political link

There are some connections here and there they could bribe anybody, mainly on a local level and if mayors and other politicians don't want to do any favours for them or work with them they are often threatened.
Posted By: carminezazzi

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 09/02/16 04:56 PM

no single crime organization has reach like the Calabrians. They work with everyone.

Theyre powerful from Europe to Australia.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 09/02/16 07:43 PM

mexican cartels are the strongest nowadays they import 90% of drugs into the states and the level of violence in mexico is staggering

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 09/02/16 09:06 PM

mexican cartels are the strongest nowadays they import 90% of drugs into the states and the level of violence in mexico is staggering

They also have their eyes on Europe replacing the Colombians as suppliers, but their merchandise is not always of good quality.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 09/02/16 11:25 PM

" nigerians are among the biggest drugs importer among not-european groups"

Your making a contradiction.
Posted By: getthesenets

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 09/03/16 01:50 AM

BF,

I don't know much about criminal organizations, but I'd think that one advantage that the Nigerian syndicate has is one of the advantages that the Russian mafia has. I think the Russian mafia is led by those from the well educated class of people.Articles I've read about Nigerian syndicates point to the same thing.

Kind of backwards, because you don't think of well educated people being recruited into, or forming criminal syndicates. The assumption is that the other organized crime groups are mainly made up of those from the lower segments of their society.

I've read that the guys who became the newly minted millionaires when the Soviet Union collapsed were the former Russian mafia guys.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 09/03/16 08:41 AM

Gets

You actually know more than you think. Check out Mob Museum blog, an article on OC groups in Europe. African - especially Nigerian syndicates involved in different rackets.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 09/03/16 10:16 AM

i mean tha the drug imported by nigerians is low, they are not even close to the one imported by european criminal groups

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 09/03/16 10:19 AM

Gets

You actually know more than you think. Check out Mob Museum blog, an article on OC groups in Europe. African - especially Nigerian syndicates involved in different rackets.

they are also involved in prostitution and frauds, but their role in european underworld is marginal

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 09/03/16 10:25 AM

Originally Posted By: getthesenets
BF,

I don't know much about criminal organizations, but I'd think that one advantage that the Nigerian syndicate has is one of the advantages that the Russian mafia has. I think the Russian mafia is led by those from the well educated class of people.Articles I've read about Nigerian syndicates point to the same thing.

Kind of backwards, because you don't think of well educated people being recruited into, or forming criminal syndicates. The assumption is that the other organized crime groups are mainly made up of those from the lower segments of their society.

I've read that the guys who became the newly minted millionaires when the Soviet Union collapsed were the former Russian mafia guys.

italian mafia and triads have also several members of high class, politicians, businessmen, doctors... italian mafia is very close to freemasons

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 09/03/16 05:04 PM

i mean tha the drug imported by nigerians is low, they are not even close to the one imported by european criminal groups

That article says differ, They're Wholesale to Mid level distributors. They don't import drugs in bulk like other syndicates instead via large quantities of small packages.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 09/03/16 05:10 PM

How are their roles marginal when they are Major actors in certain activities in different European countries ?

Why do you have such a bias towards Nigerian OC in Europe?

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 09/03/16 05:14 PM

The Nigerians are the strongest in Africa and when you look at all the western Africans here in Europe you can imagine they have also a big influence on those communities.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 09/04/16 05:35 PM

it's marginal because they are involved only in street level stuff most of drugs are imported or produced by european groups, mostly italian, albanian and turks, moroccans are the biggest not-european importers it leaves to nigerians only a tiny part of that market, never heard they run large shipments, they usually move drugs through ovules put in mules stomach... even in drugs that is their main activity their role is are marginal
anyway if you don't believe it just ask other europeans here

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 09/04/16 05:37 PM

That article says differ, They're Wholesale to Mid level distributors. They don't import drugs in bulk like other syndicates instead via large quantities of small packages.

the article just states that part of drugs pass through african ports, it doesn't mean that nigerians are always involved, a big part of drug of that route is run by italian or other european criminal groups

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 09/04/16 06:11 PM

I completely agree with m2w on this topic.

Everyone has their own opinion which makes this whole topic very interesting,but when it comes to facts Nigerians can't compare to European groups,just take a look what happened to the Nigerian community back to 2008 when they tried to make big moves in Naples(Castel Volturno Massacre)

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 09/04/16 07:50 PM

italian mafia and triads have also several members of high class, politicians, businessmen, doctors... italian mafia is very close to freemasons

I'm not disputing that. The groups that formed what is Nigerian OC today, were oil business executives. The average Nigerian in America has at least one degree, so I'm sure the founders of Nigerian OC held MBAs and Doctorates.

This would influence the nature and scope of the crimes that the syndicates would get involved in.

As was also pointed out in this thread, Nigerians have a lot of cultural influence over people from other parts of Africa. Technically they would have a presence in every country where there are large groups of Africans. And their influence would be greater than their numbers.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 09/04/16 09:20 PM

Corsicans are still powerful, but lost influence because of the many murders, arrests and competition from the Arab gangs.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 09/04/16 10:10 PM

@M2w

We had this discussion years back and you overlooked or denied many sources I provided. So unless you want to make a thread with substantial sources that counter those reports, I'm done with this OP topic.

@ Strax

Do more research on Nigerian OC in Europe then come back to me.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 09/04/16 10:18 PM

i did reacerch on nigerans and i live in europe, you provided only a source (europol) and your source just said that part of the drugs pass through african ports and that nigerians are sometimes involved ... there are tons of sources that state 80% of cocaine is imported by italian mafia, hashish by moroccans and italian mafia, heroin by albanians and turks.weed is mostly produced in europe and meth in the netherlands, what's left to nigerians are only a little piece
as i said yo don't know enough of europe to talk about it

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 09/05/16 03:58 AM

Note: Sources
It's plural.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 09/05/16 02:32 PM

sources? you provided only one... you also said nigerian oc are active in 70 countries, where are the sources?
i agree that nigerian oc is growing and it is the strongest in africa, they could be in a top 10 worlwide, but sire not on a top 3 or 5

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 09/05/16 03:00 PM

M2W,

I came into this discussion late, but I agree with what you wrote about Nigerian OC not currently being one of the largest CO and why.

They don't grow or control the manufacturing of the big consumer drugs, and that there are CO groups decades or centuries older than them in the European countries that they operate in. Doesn't add up that they would supplant these groups.

Also, there doesn't exist a large enough demand on the continent of Africa for the consumer drugs that would generate enough money to boost profile or power of Nigerian groups.The demand is in US and Europe.

Nigeria is a hub for the movement of drugs. The country is by all accounts one of the most politically corrupt places on earth. Groups moving drugs/or contraband through the ports there will encounter little resistance or problems with law enforcement. That's an advantage that Nigerian groups have over other groups. 95% or more of the cargo will go through with no problems....not even token efforts by L.E.

This factor and others seem to indicate the pivotal role that Nigerian groups play in the drug trade. Everything I've read points to them becoming bigger players in drugs and other crimes in the future.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 09/06/16 02:26 AM

M2w

All European Countries, Russia, China, Japan, Australia, U.S, Canada, Brazil, plus more. Your 30+ years late on the "growing" notice.

Again, Start a thread for this discussion.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 09/06/16 12:26 PM

all europan countries? lol maybe all the western ones,i doubt there are nigerian oc in eastern europe, russia and balkans...
japan and china? i highly doubt it
you clearly hype them too much...
as ghettesenets said in the future thye could become very strong, but at the moment there are several crime groups stronger than nigerians one

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 09/06/16 02:08 PM

Research more. It helps.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 09/07/16 03:30 PM

i did reaserches and i didn't find sources that state they are active in 70 countries as you claimed...and of course i'm talking something more that a drug dealer with ovules nabbed in airport of dealing drug on a corner street...

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 09/07/16 04:00 PM

*Sipping Tea*
* Sees reply but no new thread*
* Goes back to the Tea with sources on hand*
Posted By: CabriniGreen

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 09/18/16 02:17 PM

@BlackFam; I was reading this and thought of you and this topic....

Johnny is the perfect exponent of the most effective and reliable criminal organization on the African continent: the Nigerian underworld. The Nigerian underworld is an international force that has grown out from its roots to the four corners of the earth. They are small-to medium-size groups with a familial, tribal basis, and the branches of their interests extend to many important open-air drug markets. It’s a mix of tradition and modernity, which has allowed the Nigerians to get a foot in all the African capitals north to south, and to spread beyond the continent,thanks in part to the experience they gained selling heroin in the 1980s—international flights loaded with mules, and when those weren’t enough, Nigerian traffickers recruited the flight crew. Then cocaine arrives, and the Nigerians throw themselves into the new business. Europe’s needs have to be met, and the Africans are ready. So ready that they start obtaining coke directly from the producing countries. Today their presence in Europe is huge, and they’re in great demand by the Colombian and Mexican narcos, as well as by the Italian mafias. One of the progenitors is Peter Christopher Onwumere. Before he was arrested in Brazil in 1997, Onwumere proved he was a real international narco. He negotiated, bought, organized transports, and raked in the cash. The Nigerians are phenomenal subcontractors, and they know...

An excerpt from ZeroZeroZero, Roberto Savianos book on cocaine.... Good read
Posted By: Alfa Romeo

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 09/18/16 05:20 PM

An outfit is only going to be as strong as the government they have ingratiated themselves with, and no stronger than that government is itself.

Because Italy seems to be so anti-organized crime, that would eliminate any and all mainland Italian syndicates from the top of the list because not being in the favor of their home governments puts them on shaky ground.

I have read that Bolivian drug traffickers will not leave the borders of their country to transport drugs....because production of cocaine is (or was) legal...within their country. That makes their organizations pretty strong.

In another example, Canadian Cosa Nostra seems stronger than American Cosa Nostra at this time, due to the differences in the way crimes are prosecuted in the US versus Canada. In Canada things are easier for an outlaw, therefore they are probably stronger. What does it matter how many made men you have, how many guns you have, and how much money you make...if you are under indictment???

It really might come down to who has the blessing of their government and how strong their government is.

I would say the Caruana and Cun-trera mafias are right at the top.

I can't make a fair comparison of OC groups against one another world wide because I've never looked up the list. All I can do is put forward my formula for what makes an outfit truly "tough".

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 09/18/16 06:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Alfa Romeo
An outfit is only going to be as strong as the government they have ingratiated themselves with, and no stronger than that government is itself.

Because Italy seems to be so anti-organized crime, that would eliminate any and all mainland Italian syndicates from the top of the list because not being in the favor of their home governments puts them on shaky ground.

I have read that Bolivian drug traffickers will not leave the borders of their country to transport drugs....because production of cocaine is (or was) legal...within their country. That makes their organizations pretty strong.

In another example, Canadian Cosa Nostra seems stronger than American Cosa Nostra at this time, due to the differences in the way crimes are prosecuted in the US versus Canada. In Canada things are easier for an outlaw, therefore they are probably stronger. What does it matter how many made men you have, how many guns you have, and how much money you make...if you are under indictment???

It really might come down to who has the blessing of their government and how strong their government is.

I can't make a fair comparison of OC groups against one another world wide because I've never looked up the list. All I can do is put forward my formula for what makes an outfit truly "tough".

It's a futile question because there are many factors that make up a threat potential of organized crime groups. Some have even been put into a working formula, like the Slepnir Matrix, by law enforcement. But it's not tennis rankings.

It's debatable how anti-Mafia Italy really is, even if it's come along way, but the fact the Mafia there has thrived for so long, even if Italy has been very anti-Mafia, it should be self evident that your comment about the Italian groups isn't the case. They have been around for years and years and won't be going away anytime soon.

Meanwhile, one could argue there was even more corruption and instability in Colombia in the 1980s and 1990s. According to your theory, that should have enabled the Medellin and Cali cartels to last. But that wasn't the case.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 09/18/16 09:13 PM

@ Cabrini-Green

clap

Someone's done their homework.

@ Ivy

Precisely.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 09/18/16 09:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Alfa Romeo

It's a futile question because there are many factors that make up a threat potential of organized crime groups. Some have even been put into a working formula, like the Slepnir Matrix, by law enforcement. But it's not tennis rankings.

It's debatable how anti-Mafia Italy really is, even if it's come along way, but the fact the Mafia there has thrived for so long, even if Italy has been very anti-Mafia, it should be self evident that your comment about the Italian groups isn't the case. They have been around for years and years and won't be going away anytime soon.

Meanwhile, one could argue there was even more corruption and instability in Colombia in the 1980s and 1990s. According to your theory, that should have enabled the Medellin and Cali cartels to last. But that wasn't the case.

I think if it wasn't for the immense pressure the US put on the Colombian government, they would've been around a lot longer that's for sure.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 09/19/16 01:18 AM

I think no one has mentioned the Hong Kong Triads 14k, Sun Yee On and the Wo group, with tens of thousands members. They have also big influence in Chinatowns all over the world.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 09/27/16 05:07 PM

italy is so anti-mafia that it couldn't wiped out mafia groups lol they are so strong that survived tons of indictments, there are anti-mafia blitzes almost daily in italy... i think only a dictatorship can defeat the mafia in fact mussolini weakened the mafia very much

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 09/27/16 05:08 PM

I think no one has mentioned the Hong Kong Triads 14k, Sun Yee On and the Wo group, with tens of thousands members. They have also big influence in Chinatowns all over the world.

i mentioned the triads they are sure on the top 5

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 09/27/16 05:49 PM

italy is so anti-mafia that it couldn't wiped out mafia groups lol they are so strong that survived tons of indictments, there are anti-mafia blitzes almost daily in italy... i think only a dictatorship can defeat the mafia in fact mussolini weakened the mafia very much

Even Falcone praised Cesare Mori aka The Iron Prefect, for being the first man to successfully combat the Mafia.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 09/28/16 12:43 PM

Like i said before,in Italy you are guilty until its proven otherwise,so a lot of arrested in that blitzes get released.

People are afraid to buy property seized from the mafia,so its bought by the mafia and returned to the original owners as soon as they are released from prison.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 09/29/16 05:05 PM

Originally Posted By: BillyBrizzi
Even Falcone praised Cesare Mori aka The Iron Prefect, for being the first man to successfully combat the Mafia.

under a doctatorship there are not regular trials mafiosi just are caught and imprisoned even without any valid proof... being italy a democratic country mafiosi are put under investigation but they got all the advantages, they have the best lawyers, they are often released before the sentence after 1 year in custody, on parole and all that shit
Posted By: SmearyGoose1768

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 10/02/16 07:29 AM

This is a shit thread because there are so many factors that go in that doesn't reflect other organized crime groups. But I think the Italian groups and Mexican cartels are currently the most powerful in their countries compared to other COs. I currently don't know much about other COs but the influence and reach o the Mexican cartels make them one of the top COs in the world. Especially the Sinaloa Cartel.
Posted By: CabriniGreen

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 10/02/16 07:58 AM

Can't argue with Sinaloa for number one, they actually appear to be in class by themselves right now....

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 10/02/16 08:37 AM

The Solntsevskaya Brotherhood with about 10.000 members is also in the top.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/12/17 10:51 PM

at least $43 million cash was recovered in a raid by the EFCC in Ikoyi section of Lagos,Nigeria

https://www.channelstv.com/2017/04/12/efcc-discovers-huge-sums-of-money-in-ikoyi-apartment/

EFCC Uncovers $43.4m, N23.2m, £27,800 In Ikoyi Apartment

The operation followed a whistle blower's confidential alert received by the Commission's Lagos office this morning regarding some noticed suspicious movement of bags in and out of a particular apartment in the building.
by Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) Apr 12, 2017

The whistleblowing policy of the Federal Government is paying off positively, as the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) today stormed a residential building on the 7th floor of a four-bedroom apartment at Osborne Towers located at 16 Osborne Road, Ikoyi, Lagos, where a humongous find of foreign currencies and naira notes to the tune of $43.4m, £27,800 and N23.2m was uncovered.

The operation followed a whistle blower's confidential alert received by the Commission's Lagos office this morning regarding some noticed suspicious movement of bags in and out of a particular apartment in the building. According to the source, the movers of the bags made believe that they were bringing in bags of clothes.

The EFCC recovered $43.4m USD from the apartment EFCC Another source who is conversant with the apartment of interest indicated that a woman usually appeared on a different occasion with Ghana Must Go bags.

"She comes looking haggard, with dirty clothes but her skin didn't quite match her outward appearance, perhaps a disguise," the source said.

On getting to the building, operatives met the entrance door locked. Inquiries from the guards at the gate explained that nobody resides in the apartment, but some persons come in and out once in a while. In compliance with the magisterial order contained in the warrant, the EFCC used minimum force to gain entrance into the apartment.

Monies were found in two of the four bedroom apartment. A further probe of the wardrobe by operatives in one of the rooms was found to be warehousing three fireproof cabinets disguisedly hidden behind wooden panels of the wardrobe. Upon assessing the content of the cabinets, neatly arranged were US dollars, British pound sterlings, and some naira notes in sealed wrappers.

Preliminary findings indicate that the funds are suspected to be proceeds of unlawful activity. Investigations are ongoing.

The facility is said to be owned by Osborne Towers Resident Association.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/13/17 05:03 AM

cool

* Still sipping the tea with a Nigerian-Cameroonian smile*

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/14/17 03:00 AM

BF,

I read the story about the money and expected to read follow up stories later about the violence over the missing money.

Media tried to link, what else?...an oil executive to the money.
Esther Nnamdi-Ogbue
She denied it, but today was fired over a missing 130 liters(over 800,000 barrels) oil valued at about 56 Million.Two other execs were fired.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201704120071.html

Quote:
Four top officials of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, on Tuesday received their letters directing them to proceed on compulsory retirement over the missing petrol scandal, multiple sources told PREMIUM TIMES.

On Monday, PREMIUM TIMES published an exclusive report that the Managing Director of the NNPC Retail, Esther Nnamdi-Ogbue, and three other top officials were asked to resign their appointment.

The officials, including the General Manager (Operations) of NNPC Retail, Mamza Gwadabe, and Ibrahim Bello, who was said to be responsible for monitoring the truck out of NNPC products at depots in Lagos, got their retirement letters. A fourth official whose identity of could not be ascertained last night also got his,

The four were found culpable in the 100 million litres 'missing' petrol scandal involving Capital Oil & Gas Nigeria Limited owned by controversial businessman, Ifeanyi Ubah.

A committee constituted by the NNPC management to investigate the scandal, which also involved MRS Petroleum, had initially recommended the outright dismissal from service of the four officials for their respective roles.

But, following the intervention of the Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Ibe Kachikwu, the dismissal was converted to compulsory retirement with full benefits, our sources said.

Although Mrs. Nnamdi-Ogbue had earlier said she was not aware of the recommendation for her to retire, authoritative sources close to the NNPC confirmed to this newspaper last night that she and other affected officials were served their retirement letters on Tuesday.

Despite collecting her retirement letter, the former NNPC Retail boss was said to have insisted on her innocence at a meeting with staff of the agency on Tuesday, where she announced her exit.

When contacted, Ndu Ughamadu, the NNPC spokesperson said he was not aware of the retirement letter.

"The only thing I am aware of is that the probe panel had submitted its report. But, I am not aware what their recommendations were," Mr. Ughamadu said.

The missing petrol worth over N14 billion was stored at the private depots under a throughput arrangement as part of NNPC's effort to maintain a strategic national fuel reserve.

Last January, when the Nigerian Products Marketing Company, NPMC, the NNPC subsidiary in charge of petroleum products marketing and distribution, needed some volume of petrol to bridge the supply gap, Mrs. Nnamdi-Ogbue had offered NNPC Retail's stock of the commodity at Capital Oil.

But, NNPC Chief Operating Officer, Downstream, Henry Ikem-Obi, said when trucks were sent to load the petrol at Capital Oil, it was discovered that the entire stock were sold off without the knowledge of NNPC Retail and the parent company.

Following the shocking discovery, Mrs. Nnamdi-Ogbue reported the matter to the NNPC management and anti-graft agencies, asking them to intervene and help recover the missing petrol or the funds from Capital Oil.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/14/17 06:26 AM

Gets,
Beats me. So much corruption throughout the country's government that it hard to tell without indepth information. Hardly anyone focus on that country's underworld.

Unless it's Italians involved rolleyes

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/15/17 09:20 AM

Gets,
Beats me. So much corruption throughout the country's government that it hard to tell without indepth information. Hardly anyone focus on that country's underworld.

Unless it's Italians involved rolleyes

it is not true, nigerians oc are well known worldwide and police of different countries focus on them enough, being importers of heavy drugs

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 06/28/17 01:37 AM

fraud equivalent to $12.8 Million

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4641844/Nigerian-fraudsters-face-jail-10million-scam.html

Quote:
A gang of Nigerian fraudsters are facing jail for for using the identities of MPs, judges and police officers during a £10million scam. uhwhat

The crew stole personal details from the Civil Service Sports Council (CSSC), to make fraudulent claims over a four-year period.

Member lists were ‘stolen to order’ from CSSC and used to place orders for tax credit starter packs used in fraudulent claims over a four year period.

The gang managed to get away with nearly £2,500,000 before staff at Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs spotted the ‘extraordinarily high rate’ of claims being made by civil servants.

If the scam had not been stopped it could have reaped more than £10,260,525.

CSSC events manager Adedamola Oyebode, 30, stole membership lists and passed them on to her brothers-in-law Oluwatobe Emmanuel Odeyemi, 34, and Oluwagbenga Stephen Odeyemi, 39, who ran the fraud with Kayode Sanni, 38.

Sanni, an illegal immigrant, denied being involved in the fraud and told Old Bailey jurors ‘my conscience is clear’ as he stood trial alone.

But he was convicted of one count of conspiracy to become knowingly concerned in a fraudulent act between 10 March 2009 and 11 June 2013.

Judge Michael Topolski QC remanded him in custody and said: ‘I’m quite satisfied at this stage that there is a significant risk that if he were released on bail he would fail to attend.

‘In my judgement the situation has changed drastically.

‘He chose to contest this matter against what I considered to be overwhelming evidence.

‘His incentive to stay in this country has now diminished.’

Emmanuel Odeyemi, Gumbs and Adedamole Oyebode have already pleaded guilty and will be sentenced with Sanni at the Old Bailey on 6 July.

Prosecutors have dropped charges against Emmanuel’s wife Oluwatosin Oyebode.

Prosecutor Allison Hunter QC said: ‘These defendants went to exceptionally complex and sophisticated lengths in their orchestration of this fraud.

‘They themselves operate under a number of fluid pseudonyms and false identities, operate a multiplicity of email address, have access to a number of mobile phone numbers and have spread the conduct of this fraud over computers and electronic storage devices sufficient to stock a small warehouse.’

Ms Hunter said the investigators began by identifying one of the multiple false tax credit claimants as Chantelle Gumbs, who has admitted her part in the scam.

The source of the stolen identity was traced to the CSSC in Chadwick Street, Westminster, where six staff had password protected access to members’ details.
The gang managed to get away with nearly £2,500,000 before staff at HMRC spotted the ‘extraordinarily high rate’ of claims being made, the Old Bailey heard
+2

The gang managed to get away with nearly £2,500,000 before staff at HMRC spotted the ‘extraordinarily high rate’ of claims being made, the Old Bailey heard

Adedamole Oyebode, who worked for the CSSC between August 2008 and August 2010, has since admitted supplying lists of members and their details in return for payment.

She also made calls to the tax credit helpline to obtain application packs.

Further investigation revealed the fraudsters had used the details to create false identities, buy online insurance and open false bank accounts to receive the cash.

The profits of the scam were then transferred out into either their own accounts or through Western Union facilities set up by Sanni and Emmanuel Odeyemi.

Jurors were told that two of the gang, Stephen Odeyemi and his wife Oluwatumininu Banjo, 40, have fled to Nigeria and are wanted abroad.

Ms Hunter said: ‘These individuals conspired together to obtain in excess of £10,260,525.33 in fraudulent tax credits using the identities of 10,300 police officers, MPs, members of the judiciary, and civil servants for example, whose personal data and information was stolen from the Civil Service Sports Council.

‘The CSSC provides leisure events and activities together with sporting and fitness facilities to approximately 120,000 Public Sector employees or pensioners, including civil servants, local government employees, the NHS, teachers, police officers, fire fighters and HM Armed Forces personnel.’

Sanni, from Leeds, denied but conspiracy to become knowingly concerned in a fraudulent act - but was convicted of the crime.

Adedamola Oyebode, from Bellingham, southeast London, Stephen Odeyimi from Dagenham, Essex and Chantelle Gumbs, will be sentenced alongside him for fraud charges on 6 July at the Old Bailey.

Oluwatumininu Banjo, also from Dagenham, and Emmanuel Odeyemi, from Gravesend, Kent, are believed to be on the run in Nigeria.

Simon York, Director of Fraud Investigation Service at HMRC, said: 'We have dismantled an organised criminal attack on the tax credits system. HMRC officers and our counter-fraud checks identified the attack, and our investigators uncovered those behind the fraud, preventing £8 million of false claims being paid to the criminals. A further £2.4 million in tax credits claimed by the fraudsters was paid before we could stop the crime group and prevent further fraud.

'Tax Credits are paid to some of the most vulnerable people in our society. We have to strike a balance between making it easy for people to receive what is due, and having procedures in place to identify and stop fraudulent claims. Our investigation was made more difficult as the criminals had hijacked real identity details to make the fraudulent claims.
Posted By: doggystyle

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 11/08/17 11:39 PM

Id say Ndrangheta.. Based on what we read the Ndrangheta makes far more money than Sinaloa cartel but i guess we never know for sure. IF its true id say Ndrangheta. Yes Yakuza makes as much money as the ndrangheta or maybe even more but its not the same worldwide. They are only powerful in Japan, plus much of their income comes from legal activities from actually legal guys/noncriminals. Russians would be nr1 but if your gonna say Russian mafia then you would have to compare them to all the 4 Italian mafias or like all the mexican cartels, not just one organization.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 11/12/17 02:37 AM

The Yakuza was in the 70s/80s at their peak. They are still wealthy and influential but they don't rule Japan like they did before.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 11/12/17 05:38 AM

Yes even they are not at the top anymore.. I dont know ,the only ones who can compare to Ndrangheta i think is the Russians because of their state. They have their state behind them and its a pretty powerful one.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 11/20/17 01:37 PM

https://books.google.se/books?id=FgM17NM...usa&f=false

According to this book the Yakuza had debts to the Japanese bank from 600 billion dollars to almost 1 trillion that the banks couldnt collect from them, and they made in 1999 about 190 billion dollars from all illegal activities.. The Chinese Triads made annualy 200 billion dollars it says in this book..

What do you guys think about these numbers? Me personally think thats a lot of bullshit.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 11/20/17 06:17 PM

Originally Posted By: doggystyle
https://books.google.se/books?id=FgM17NM...usa&f=false

According to this book the Yakuza had debts to the Japanese bank from 600 billion dollars to almost 1 trillion that the banks couldnt collect from them, and they made in 1999 about 190 billion dollars from all illegal activities.. The Chinese Triads made annualy 200 billion dollars it says in this book..

What do you guys think about these numbers? Me personally think thats a lot of bullshit.

U have million sources everyone claiming other things,the fact is u can't know and its bullshit,not like those guys keep bank accounts and pay taxes so you can track their income.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 11/20/17 07:02 PM

Yes i agree with you. I guess the closest real-info you can come to is what the FBI , DEA and their counterparts worldwide tells us. Not some magazines and books.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 11/21/17 09:50 AM

Originally Posted By: doggystyle

it's just bullshit, these numbers are insane, like the sources about 100 billions made by italian mafia annually
all the richest organized crime groups worldwide (italian mafia, russian oc, yakuza, triads, mexican cartels) earn much less than some source claims, probably not more than 20 billions annually

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 05/10/18 07:10 PM

as of 2018, has there been any changes?

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 06/28/18 10:58 PM

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-29/the-vory-russias-super-mafia-world-cup/9899542

According to this expert he says the Italians are still the most powerful and richest in the world but the Russians are the most international.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 08/01/18 08:20 PM

The 11 richest countries with the biggest organised crime problems
Read more at https://www.businessinsider.com.au/...anised-crime-2015-10#BUwt9ZsmASLClVbF.99
Posted By: kingoflittlenewyork

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 08/02/18 03:15 PM

I would like organizations that have become part of their governments would be the richest in terms of influence, resources and freedom from prosecution. Knowing your not going to die in the can and that your organization is going to continue when you are gone(outside of a coup) would be what constitutes the most powerful. Venezuela and other South American countries as well as African warlord type organizations would be my guess. If you are going to judge simply in terms of money then no one will ever know, especially when you use a blanket term like Italian mobs or Mexican cartels. These organizations are competing with themselves and with each other. So to say one is worth $50 billion a year, $100 billion a year etc is just fantasy in my mind. Just stuff that is made up to sell newspapers and books to gullible people such as us.
Posted By: MeyerLansky

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 08/03/18 02:27 PM

almost impossible to know how much money a crime organization earns every year
we can only compare by the manpower they have and the connections with politicians and more important people

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/23/19 07:15 PM

what would you guys say the answer to this now in 2019, any changes?

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/25/19 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by FireHawk

In general my top three would be:

1) Italian criminal networks
2) Chinese criminal networks
3) Russian criminal networks

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/25/19 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Hollander

In general my top three would be:

1) Italian criminal networks
2) Chinese criminal networks
3) Russian criminal networks

Exactly, couldn't agree more. Would maybe add Mexican cartels on 4th spot.
Posted By: Moscone65

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/25/19 08:40 PM

1. Italian Organized Crime
2. Mexican DTO’s
3. Russian/Eastern european groups
4. Chinese groups

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/07/20 03:04 AM

what are the rankings now?

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/07/20 10:37 AM

one of the best methodology to measure and compare the most powerful criminal groups uses the following indicators

1 structure

despite having been almost wiped out several times have always bounced back, rebuilding and further compartmentalizing their structure and increasing its resilience to all forms of attack

2 core leadership

some of the core leadership have been with the group since its foundation, or joined soon after, meaning that the group has senior leadership with decades of experience

3 identity

criminal structures all seek some identity, code or ideology to facilitate recruitment, geographic component, build reputation and brand, as well as ensuring loyalty; the most successful criminal structures in history have managed to create a mythology that has translated into a strict code of conduct with initiation rites

4 economic strength

this corresponds not only to the earning power of a criminal structure but the diversity of its criminal portfolio and ability to absorb losses such as drug seizures; money laundering capacity and penetration of the legal economy are also measured under this category

5 state penetration

organized crime has two main tools: violence and corruption, the ideal condition for a criminal group is to have the state not just leave operations unmolested, but actually protect them

6 threat or use of violence

violence and organized crimeare indivisible, in a market where there is no legal recourse to the breaking of agreements, the reputation for violence is a key element to doing business but a reputation for indiscriminate and terrorizing levels of violence while brings them immense credibility on the criminal stage, it also ensures they are priority targets for security forces

7 military capacity and numbers

as part of this measurement is not only the operational capacity of the criminal groups, but their armament, military training and the strategic application of violence

8 criminal alliances

In an increasingly fragmented criminal world that extends its global reach on a daily basis, the importance of alliances cannot be understated, now most criminal structures are networks, relying on multiple nodes to complete complex supply chains across the world and handle the millions of dollars that move in the opposite direction and the only way to prosper is to work with other criminal organizations and corrupt state officials.

9 territorial reach and criminal governance

most criminal economies require the control of territory, whichever criminal actors can control these areas are guaranteed control of the illegal rents they contain and equally relevant under this heading is how the criminal groups maintain control of these territories; the most sophisticated groups have produced parallel states, or criminal enclaves, where they exercise functions normally reserved for governments, like raising taxes or dispensing justice, control of such areas not only provide criminal rents, but a steady flow of recruits

10 longevity

the acid test for a criminal group is its longevity, If a powerful criminal syndicate is able to survive for years, or decades, this is a testament to its resilience, earning power and operational capacity

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/07/20 10:40 PM

You also have to look at the states and how they try to control or fight organized crime, in Russia and China for example the puppet masters are in the government.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/08/20 11:59 AM

You also have to look at the states and how they try to control or fight organized crime, in Russia and China for example the puppet masters are in the government.

it's the point number 5 more or less
Posted By: Revis_Knicks

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/08/20 06:55 PM

As a whole, the Mexican cartels might have more money than anyone. I would not be surprised if I am wrong about that. The Ndrangheta reportedly makes a lot of money too. I think it’d be better to compare individual groups within the different crime organizations. For example, the Sinaloa cartel compared to the Nirta family(Not the one involved in the San Luca feud, the other more powerful one) in the Ndrangheta. Or the Russian Bratva run by Semion Mogilevich compared to the Trapani family in Sicily run by Matteo Denaro.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/09/20 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Revis_Knicks
As a whole, the Mexican cartels might have more money than anyone. I would not be surprised if I am wrong about that. The Ndrangheta reportedly makes a lot of money too. I think it’d be better to compare individual groups within the different crime organizations. For example, the Sinaloa cartel compared to the Nirta family(Not the one involved in the San Luca feud, the other more powerful one) in the Ndrangheta. Or the Russian Bratva run by Semion Mogilevich compared to the Trapani family in Sicily run by Matteo Denaro.

sinaloa cartel should be compared to ndrangheta as a whole, mexican oc is divided into big cartels as italian oc in big mafia-style groups, same for russian mob or others

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/09/20 12:49 PM

The Sinaloa cartel is that big? I am not certain how big they are I always just saw them as a group under the umbrella of the label of “Mexican drug cartel” like other Mexican cartels. Which is why I saw them as a subset. It’d be like comparing the value of one MLB team to the value of all of the NFL teams combined. If we compared the Sinaloa cartel and the whole Ndrangheta then I think the Ndrangheta has more money and power. We would be taking all of the powerful individual families into account.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/09/20 01:56 PM

The Sinaloa cartel is that big? I am not certain how big they are I always just saw them as a group under the umbrella of the label of “Mexican drug cartel” like other Mexican cartels. Which is why I saw them as a subset. It’d be like comparing the value of one MLB team to the value of all of the NFL teams combined. If we compared the Sinaloa cartel and the whole Ndrangheta then I think the Ndrangheta has more money and power. We would be taking all of the powerful individual families into account.

It is, 'Ndrangheta has around 5000 members and who knows how much associates(probably around 20,000~30,000). Sinaloa Cartel has over 3000-4000 members for sure.

On 25 February 2009, the U.S. government announced the arrest of 750 members of the Sinaloa Cartel across the U.S. in Operation Xcellerator.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/09/20 02:55 PM

yes, it's big, thousands members as the ndrangheta, just look at how many gangsters are killed in mexico... it seems sinaloa members do not refer to themselves as a cartel, but rather as a federation of families, i suppose they have not made members like in the mafia but loyal people who killed someone for them or who control multiple areas / drugs

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/09/20 07:24 PM

M2w, is Ndragheta ranked in the top 3 in your opinion?

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/09/20 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by m2w

yes, it's big, thousands members as the ndrangheta, just look at how many gangsters are killed in mexico... it seems sinaloa members do not refer to themselves as a cartel, but rather as a federation of families, i suppose they have not made members like in the mafia but loyal people who killed someone for them or who control multiple areas / drugs

I did not know they were that huge. They must be the biggest individual criminal organization in the world right? In comparison to the whole Ndrangheta, I think the Ndrangheta might have their hands in more areas of business and politics. They are big time drug players like the Sinaloa cartel who they are probably buy drugs from. El Chapo was a billionaire though. I’m not sure if there is any one Ndrangheta boss who is a billionaire but it wouldn’t surprise me. They go to great lengths to keep a low profile. Denaro is actually a billionaire and he is in the Sicilian mafia.
Posted By: TheKillingJoke

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/09/20 08:19 PM

Don't think the Mexican cartels are the biggest OC groups in terms of membership. Asian criminal organizations tend to have a ton of members. The Yamaguchi-gumi for instance, even at its all time low, has a whopping 9.500 members.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/09/20 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by TheKillingJoke
Don't think the Mexican cartels are the biggest OC groups in terms of membership. Asian criminal organizations tend to have a ton of members. The Yamaguchi-gumi for instance, even at its all time low, has a whopping 9.500 members.

yes, in terms of membership yamaguchi-gumi is probably the biggest worldwide, i don't know how many associates but the full-time members/made members are currently 10.000 and in the past they reached 50.000

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/09/20 09:31 PM

if i look at the indicators probably yes

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/09/20 11:01 PM

They are for sure,its very hard to 'rank' organized crime groups,because they try to keep everything secretive as possible. But top 3 would be: italian organized crime, mexican cartels and russians.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/10/20 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by Strax

They are for sure,its very hard to 'rank' organized crime groups,because they try to keep everything secretive as possible. But top 3 would be: italian organized crime, mexican cartels and russians.

With the Mexican cartels being so big(as it was noted, the Sinaloa cartel alone is just as big as the whole Ndranghega), can we say that there is any evidence that supports them being as powerful or wealthy as the Mexican cartels?

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/10/20 05:55 AM

how were the Ndragheta able to surpass the Camorra and Sicilian Mob?

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/10/20 08:59 AM

'Ndrangheta and Sicilian mafia are more powerful than Camorra , Camorra is more like a street gang, there are clans who are similar to Sicilian mafia families ( Casalesi , Nuvoletta ),but most of them are like street gang. Both 'Ndrangheta and Sicilian mafia have very strong political links and even more important they are well connected to masonic lodges.(P2 in the past etc).
Posted By: VitoCahill

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/10/20 02:52 PM

finally!
it has never made sense to compare all of the mexican cartels as a group compared to 'ndrangheta,russian mafia(a whole other thread),american against sicilian mafia as large top to bottom groups.
no 1 person controls all of the russian mafia or 'ndrangheta,sicilian mafia etc...as all of u know.
no 1 person not even el chapo controlled all of the sinaloa cartel when he was outside of prison.the logistics of that are ridiculous.
comparing these large groups against each other is pointless.
comparing individual families,factions,'ndrines,bratvas whatever operating under these groups would be a better question.

looking at the post above about the feb 2009 sinaloa arrests is a good example i'd be curious to know how many of those 750 arrested were directly connected to the el chapo led faction inside the sinaloa cartel.how many were loosely connected or just caught up in arrests and now released.how many were part of other organizations?

the 'ndrangheta #1 would probably be whichever 'ndrine controls the majority of cocaine imports into europe.
there is a dispute as to who that is probably only 2-4 groups?
Posted By: Blackmobs

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/10/20 03:24 PM

I thibk nobody can really tell which organized crime is the most powerful or number 1. Because there is to much things we can compare to make a list. Like money, drug distribution, territories, gambling, arm trafficking, involment in politics, the influence in the country etc.

So I think it will be better to make tiers list.

For exemple:

First tier: would be organized crime groups like the mafia, cosa nostra, ndrangheta, jewish mob, mexican cartels, russian bratva and chinese triads.

Second tier: would be japanese yakuza, irish mob, colombian cartels, albanians, italian camorra, hells angels, some nigerians

Third tier: chinese tongs, some nigerians, dominican cartels, biker MC, Yardies

**Some street gangs could be on the list of third tier.
And by the way nigerian crime groups are getting stronger in europe and asia, they can be put in second tier.

*** I domt know if I should put the Yakuza on first tier, since I dont really know their operations and power outside of Japan.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/10/20 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Blackmobs
the influence in the country etc.

In Russia they are literally the state , pretty much in whole of Eastern Europe , organized crime is "working" for the state. In South Italy they are like shadow state down there

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/10/20 03:58 PM

i try to relate it by country and even in the case of canada by province.
in the whole of canada there is no OC group bigger or more influential than the hells angels.
HA spans the country and if u aren't a HA chances r the drugs u sell came from them through the ports or from border crossings.
BUT...not all HA chapters have the same amount of influence and some don't appear to be involved in crime at all.
in quebec resides the 3 most influential chapters in canada in MTL,South and Trois Rivieres.these chapters have alliance with the mafia,independent importers of narcotics at all the major ports and control there own on street distribution through own members or alliance with street gangs.
so as an example the trois rivieres chapter could be the #1 crime group in all of canada even eclipsing mafia groups like the rizzutos and commissos in toronto just by strength in numbers,top to bottom ctrl of narcotics and total profits.in that same thought it could be one of the most influential chapters in the world(remember just an example).
another example in canada would be a HA chapter on the west coast in BC/vancouver as it may have alliance with a mexican cartel for drug import,money laundering through triads/chinese criminals and the same type of top to bottom ctrl of drugs.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/10/20 04:03 PM

the influence in the country etc.

In Russia they are literally the state , pretty much in whole of Eastern Europe , organized crime is "working" for the state. In South Italy they are like shadow state down there

Yes the corruption is on another level.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/10/20 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by VitoCahill
i try to relate it by country and even in the case of canada by province.
in the whole of canada there is no OC group bigger or more influential than the hells angels.
HA spans the country and if u aren't a HA chances r the drugs u sell came from them through the ports or from border crossings.
BUT...not all HA chapters have the same amount of influence and some don't appear to be involved in crime at all.
in quebec resides the 3 most influential chapters in canada in MTL,South and Trois Rivieres.these chapters have alliance with the mafia,independent importers of narcotics at all the major ports and control there own on street distribution through own members or alliance with street gangs.
so as an example the trois rivieres chapter could be the #1 crime group in all of canada even eclipsing mafia groups like the rizzutos and commissos in toronto just by strength in numbers,top to bottom ctrl of narcotics and total profits.in that same thought it could be one of the most influential chapters in the world(remember just an example).
another example in canada would be a HA chapter on the west coast in BC/vancouver as it may have alliance with a mexican cartel for drug import,money laundering through triads/chinese criminals and the same type of top to bottom ctrl of drugs.

Exactly, the Hells angels in BC and Quebec are different. In Quebec, the Hells Angels are on the same level as the mafia now, since the mafia was weakened since the mafia war.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/10/20 05:30 PM

finally!
it has never made sense to compare all of the mexican cartels as a group compared to 'ndrangheta,russian mafia(a whole other thread),american against sicilian mafia as large top to bottom groups.
no 1 person controls all of the russian mafia or 'ndrangheta,sicilian mafia etc...as all of u know.
no 1 person not even el chapo controlled all of the sinaloa cartel when he was outside of prison.the logistics of that are ridiculous.
comparing these large groups against each other is pointless.
comparing individual families,factions,'ndrines,bratvas whatever operating under these groups would be a better question.

looking at the post above about the feb 2009 sinaloa arrests is a good example i'd be curious to know how many of those 750 arrested were directly connected to the el chapo led faction inside the sinaloa cartel.how many were loosely connected or just caught up in arrests and now released.how many were part of other organizations?

the 'ndrangheta #1 would probably be whichever 'ndrine controls the majority of cocaine imports into europe.
there is a dispute as to who that is probably only 2-4 groups?

cosa nostra, ndrangheta and yamaguchi-gumi, for example, altough they have not a boss of bosses (sicilian mafia had in the past anyway) are a single big criminal group, compare a crew to another is pointless just to compare the group as a whole, they would be both 3 in the top inat least 3 indicators (structure, core leadership and longevity)

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/10/20 05:32 PM

I thibk nobody can really tell which organized crime is the most powerful or number 1. Because there is to much things we can compare to make a list. Like money, drug distribution, territories, gambling, arm trafficking, involment in politics, the influence in the country etc.

For exemple:

First tier: would be organized crime groups like the mafia, cosa nostra, ndrangheta, jewish mob, mexican cartels, russian bratva and chinese triads.

Second tier: would be japanese yakuza, irish mob, colombian cartels, albanians, italian camorra, hells angels, some nigerians

And by the way nigerian crime groups are getting stronger in europe and asia, they can be put in second tier.

*** I domt know if I should put the Yakuza on first tier, since I dont really know their operations and power outside of Japan.

Yakuza's first tier. Their influence may not be as huge as before, but they still got reach.

The Israeli groups I'd put somewhere more second tier.

Hells Angels it depends chapter to chapter; several Canadian chapters in Quebec and on the West Coast are definitely second tier. Plenty of European chapters can be somewhere between second and third tier.

"Russians" it depends. A group like Solntsevskaya is definitely first tier. The Armenian, Georgian, Azerbaijani or Chechen groups on the other hand are more likely to be second tier.

Other close to second tier groups (imho) would be Serbian/Montenegrin groups, Turkish and Turkish-Kurdish groups and Bulgarian groups.

I'd say plenty of Europe-based drug trafficking organizations could be considered close second tier as well. More than a few Irish, British, Scottish, Dutch, Dutch-Moroccan and French-Algerian groups have direct contacts with Latin American DTO's and move tons of weight.

Corsicans in France still work in a very sophisticated way. They're not as huge into drugs anymore, but still have a low-key stranglehold over casino and slot machine operations.

On the other hand I'd put Lebanese groups in Germany and Australia somewhere between second and third tier.

Pakistani groups in the UK as well move tons of heroin in the West Midlands.
Greeks have plenty of low-key smuggling and gambling networks in any Greek enclave.
Korean groups have rather far-reaching prostitution and counterfeiting networks.
Assyrian families have been implicated in big trafficking operations (the clan Y. in Antwerp was one of the country's biggest cocaine importers for quite some time).
All third tier.

Plenty of street gangs have sets that earn their place in the third tier. In the USA there are sets of African American, Hispanic (Mexican and Dominican of course, but also Puerto Rican and Central American gangs) and Caribbean gangs that move plenty of weight. Several Vietnamese and Cambodian gangs make lots of money from gambling operations; there's even Hmong gangs that found a way to move up (their presence in the Emerald Triangle is well documented).

I'd say it's not only the case in the USA. Haitian gangs in Quebec have made powerful alliances.
Native gangs in Canada have made plenty of money exploiting smuggling networks.
Indian gangs in the Lower Mainland have been into contact with Latin American drug suppliers.
Antillean and Surinamese groups in the Netherlands have been increasingly implicated in large cocaine shipments.
An OMCG like the Head Hunters in New Zealand (heavily Tongan and Samoan nowadays) made tons of money from the local crank trade.
Somali gangs in London have been moving lots of dope with their county crossing drug lines.

Brazilian gangs like the PCC and the CV have become increasingly international in scope.

It's clear that the drug game has led to the empowerment of plenty of groups throughout the world. Even though it has to be said that the vast majority do not have the longevity of the Italian criminal organizations.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/10/20 07:36 PM

D-Company is also up there with about 5,000 members and strong ties to ISI, the premier intelligence agency of Pakistan. It is said the D-Company has diversified its assets like Mexican drug organisations.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/10/20 08:35 PM

For exemple:

in a hypothetical tiers list i dont see how not to put yakuza in the first... it's among te oldest criminal group, highly structured and extremely rooted in japan (it doesn't matter if it is not much widespread)

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/10/20 08:50 PM

In terms of longevity Italian OC and Yakuza are head and shoulders above the others.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/10/20 09:01 PM

In terms of longevity Italian OC and Yakuza are head and shoulders above the others.

maybe some chinese triad or tong? i read that all the big triads (14k/sun yee on/wo shing wo) were formed in the 1920s/40s, not sure if there is some older group currently active
Posted By: MolochioInduced

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/10/20 09:04 PM

Very cool stuff!!

Not sure how to quantity, but whatever element enables an OC organization to infiltrate the Ecosystem in which they operate, and control/dominate it.

Control/Cooperation of Government, Cop, Business Elites. Also, a means to get the money that is generate into the system to be invested in tangible assets( Banking Financial Wing/Cooperation).

OC creates lots of cash, warehouses full, getting that cash into a bank account to spend, unique challenge on its own, the best OC Organization/s will most likely do this at the highest level.

I hope that makes sense lol

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/10/20 09:17 PM

the yakuza of which i know little is based in japan.
i have never read of a canadian,u.s.,european,russian yakuza arrest???

as far as the chinese the biggest criminals r those allowed to operate by the communist gov't.
even in china triads and tongs r second place. if the state is not happy with what u r doing that is it.
as leader of a triad group how r u top dog if u have to pay off or are being used by the gov't?

and the solntsevskaya bratva is a myth when was the last time any of these guys were arrested anywhere showing a structure or direction/administration.
the same case in russia as in china.if the state doesn't want your organization to operate it will cease to exist.

semion mogilevich is a good example of this. arrested briefly 2008 i think and then suddenly all charges dropped. what has any international criminal agency indicted him for since being released??

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/11/20 02:36 AM

The 'Ndrangheta is like a sect. Calabria wasn't important to the Italian state, so while they have been abandoned, the state focused on Naples and Palermo.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/11/20 02:55 AM

Escobar was by far the richest and most powerful organized crime boss of all time at the height of his power. But the Medellin cartel has lost a lot since then.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/11/20 03:24 AM

Escobar was by far the richest and most powerful organized crime boss of all time at the height of his power. But the Medellin cartel has lost a lot since then.

Because cocaine is a product people never get tired of.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/12/20 03:34 AM

from 1990-1993 the medellin cartel did not exist.
pablo ran cocaine threw the gaeleano(sic) and moncada families.
both families paid a tax to escobar on monthly cocaine shipments.
there was no cartel after 1990 only because original members were dead or arrested.
Posted By: Shellackhead

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/12/20 07:26 AM

from 1990-1993 the medellin cartel did not exist.
pablo ran cocaine threw the gaeleano(sic) and moncada families.
both families paid a tax to escobar on monthly cocaine shipments.
there was no cartel after 1990 only because original members were dead or arrested.

He messed up he was too direct & underestimated his enemies.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/12/20 01:09 PM

i tried to do a list of the oldest criminal groups still active... camorra is not included because i don't think the current camorra has any continuity with the old one that was dismantled in the early 1900s

sicilian cosa nostra - middle 1800s

aizukotetsu-kai (yakuza)- 1868

american cosa nostra - late 1800s

ndrangheta - late 1800s

wo hop to (triad) - early 1900s

yamaguchi-gumi (yakuza)- 1915

sun yee on (triad) - 1919

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/12/20 09:05 PM

The strongest family in the Sicilian mafia is the Denaro faction and the strongest family in the Camorra is either the Contini or Mazzarella family. There are too many to say for the Ndrangheta. I would say the De Stefano, Piromalli, Nirta, Pesce or Barbaro families would be suitable answers. But it would be hard to narrow it down to just one or two.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/12/20 10:15 PM

Is the Trapani faction still the most powerful faction within the Sicilian mafia? I kinda get the idea that several Palermo clans are still plenty strong due to their American operations.
Also some of the Agrigento clans are quite international in scope with links in North as well as South America.

Ndrangheta got tons of clans that are widespread. There's a well known clan that allegedly operates in my area. They're basically ghosts though, extremely low-key.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/13/20 09:06 AM

Is the Trapani faction still the most powerful faction within the Sicilian mafia? I kinda get the idea that several Palermo clans are still plenty strong due to their American operations.
Also some of the Agrigento clans are quite international in scope with links in North as well as South America.

Ndrangheta got tons of clans that are widespread. There's a well known clan that allegedly operates in my area. They're basically ghosts though, extremely low-key.

if we talk of factions, the families of the sicilian mafia are not all made up of relatives as in the ndrangheta, a better comparison would be between a single locale (de stefano for example) and a mafia mandamento (brancaccio for example)
be widespread is just an indicator and not even the most important, the best indicators of power are politics connections, infiltration of economy and rooted in the territory... their main strength comes from being extremely rooted in the territory from which to operate
i think the most powerful factions of the sicilian mafia are san lorenzo, misilmeri, san giuseppe jato, porta nuova and brancaccio mandamenti (palermo), the whole province of trapani, the rinzivillo family from gela, the santapaola family from catania and some agrigento mandamenti

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/13/20 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by m2w

if we talk of factions, the families of the sicilian mafia are not all made up of relatives as in the ndrangheta, a better comparison would be between a single locale (de stefano for example) and a mafia mandamento (brancaccio for example)
be widespread is just an indicator and not even the most important, the best indicators of power are politics connections, infiltration of economy and rooted in the territory... their main strength comes from being extremely rooted in the territory from which to operate
i think the most powerful factions of the sicilian mafia are san lorenzo, misilmeri, san giuseppe jato, porta nuova and brancaccio mandamenti (palermo), the whole province of trapani, the rinzivillo family from gela, the santapaola family from catania and some agrigento mandamenti

Cheers.
From what I read I always got the impression that Catania is a bit of "the runt of the litter" in the Sicilian mafia in that the mafia doesn't seem to have an iron grip over the territory over there - but I could be wrong of course.
What state are the Stidda in these days? In the 90's there was a Stidda clan active in the French-speaking region of my country. They infiltrated the local economy quite well and were allegedly involved in a few disappearances.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/13/20 11:47 AM

The 'Ndrangheta also operates like a drug cartel, the cocaine operations in Italy, but also the entire value chain from the buying of drugs in South America to their distribution in Europe and to the laundering of the illicit revenues.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/13/20 12:27 PM

Cheers.
From what I read I always got the impression that Catania is a bit of "the runt of the litter" in the Sicilian mafia in that the mafia doesn't seem to have an iron grip over the territory over there - but I could be wrong of course.
What state are the Stidda in these days? In the 90's there was a Stidda clan active in the French-speaking region of my country. They infiltrated the local economy quite well and were allegedly involved in a few disappearances.

Santapaola family is very powerful in the east, probably most powerful in the eastern Sicily, they have a strong grip over their territory.

Stidda is still present, but nowadays they are working closely with Sicilian Mafia.

@m2w: Is Giuseppe 'The Doctor' Guttadauro still boss of Roccella family(Brancaccio mandamento) ? Guttadauros for example are very poweful family.Carlo Guttadauro a capodecina of Bagheria family and Filippo Guttadauro member of castelvetrano family.Giuseppe was primary of Palermo hospital , i know he is surgeon.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/14/20 11:38 AM

The 'Ndrangheta also operates like a drug cartel, the cocaine operations in Italy, but also the entire value chain from the buying of drugs in South America to their distribution in Europe and to the laundering of the illicit revenues.

it's doing what sicilian mafia did in the 1970s and 1980s at the time of pizza connection etc. it became both power and enterprise syndicate

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/14/20 11:41 AM

Cheers.

the mafia in catania is weaker than western sicily, but the santapaola family is powerful because of its polictics connections, freemasons links, infiltration of legal economy and it is enough rooted in the catania area

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/14/20 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by m2w

it's doing what sicilian mafia did in the 1970s and 1980s at the time of pizza connection etc. it became both power and enterprise syndicate

Yes another difference is the Sicilians mainly focused on the USA the Calabrians on Europe with some outposts in Canada and Australia.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/15/20 05:05 PM

The Corleonesi appears to be decimated. The Palermo families are broken up into many different factions. Which one is the cream of the crop in Palermo? Porta Nuova? I’ve read that in Sicily the power is among the trapani clan which is a group of clans that formed as one under Denaro and the Palermo clans. The top families in the ndrangheta are just as powerful as the top clans in Sicily. I am not sure if any of them are as powerful as the top crews within the Sinaloa cartel.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/16/20 09:58 AM

@m2w: Is Giuseppe 'The Doctor' Guttadauro still boss of Roccella family(Brancaccio mandamento) ? Guttadauros for example are very poweful family.Carlo Guttadauro a capodecina of Bagheria family and Filippo Guttadauro member of castelvetrano family.Giuseppe was primary of Palermo hospital , i know he is surgeon.

he was the boss of brancaccio mandamento in the early 2000 i don't know nowadays... a difference between cosa nostra and ndrangheta is that in the sicilian mafia members of a blood family can be made in multiple criminal families instead it's nearly impossibile a de stefano would be made by another locale (morabito for example)

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/16/20 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by m2w

he was the boss of brancaccio mandamento in the early 2000 i don't know nowadays... a difference between cosa nostra and ndrangheta is that in the sicilian mafia members of a blood family can be made in multiple criminal families instead it's nearly impossibile a de stefano would be made by another locale (morabito for example)

He is still the boss of Roccella family ,currently he is living in Rome.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/16/20 09:09 PM

https://www.stylo24.it/la-guerra-sfiorata-tra-i-mallardo-e-i-casalesi-per-il-calcestruzzo/

This article talks about a brewing war between two of the most powerful Camorra clans.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/16/20 09:37 PM

The Chechen mafia is also very powerful. I’m not sure if anybody mentioned them yet.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/16/20 10:35 PM

The Chechen mafia is also very powerful. I’m not sure if anybody mentioned them yet.

Turkish/Kurdish also.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/17/20 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by m2w

He is still the boss of Roccella family ,currently he is living in Rome.

Giuseppe is a high-profile surgeon, there have been several doctors who are initiated in cosa nostra. Like Michele Navarra boss of Corleone family. In 1946, after the murder of the director of the local hospital Carmelo Nicolosi, Navarra also occupied that position, first as regent and then, from 1948, as owner.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/17/20 11:03 AM

most of thieves in law are georgians, it seems the strongest faction of ex soviet oc

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/18/20 11:05 PM

Antonio Nirta has always been a mythical figure. How big of a difference is there between the Nirta family that he led and the Nirta family that was involved in the San Luca Feud with the Pelle family?

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/18/20 11:23 PM

chechen mafia is a mysnomer.there is no overall top chechen BOSS directing all activities throughout the world.
the chechens have proved to be a strong aggressive OC group in parts of the world but they do not have an international reach.
where is there an example of a chechen controlling even a small part of any major city in north/south america,asia,africa etc...???
they have strength in chechnya and other parts of russia but have never been a strong cohesive organized group.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/18/20 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by m2w

most of thieves in law are georgians, it seems the strongest faction of ex soviet oc

Definitely. Most "Russian" OC busts in Western Europe these days involve Georgians, Armenians and Kurds/Yezidis. Azeris (and Talysh) and Chechens largely seem to stick to Russia, except for a few extortion rings here and there. Chechen organized crime had its time in the limelight in the 90s. They're still around of course, but not as endemic as before. Every few years a small group of Chechen criminals are busted in Antwerp; last time it was for a scheme where someone bought diamonds from a guy connected to the Chechens after which the Chechens robbed them back. Blue collar rackets for the most part.
The "Russian mafia" in Antwerp in the 90's and early 2000's were mostly Jewish criminals from Georgia and Ukraine; the Ukrainians left and the notorious Georgian-Jewish families have gone legit (for the most part).

Dunno what the state is on the bratvas in Russia. You hear nothing about the 'almighty' Solntsevo. I suppose most of them went largely legit.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/18/20 11:40 PM

chechen mafia is a mysnomer.there is no overall top chechen BOSS directing all activities throughout the world.
the chechens have proved to be a strong aggressive OC group in parts of the world but they do not have an international reach.
where is there an example of a chechen controlling even a small part of any major city in north/south america,asia,africa etc...???
they have strength in chechnya and other parts of russia but have never been a strong cohesive organized group.

Exactly. Chechen organized crime abroad is very much a blue collar thing. Whenever a Chechen gang gets arrested over here it's for organized robbery and extortion. It takes only one bust to wipe them out.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/18/20 11:50 PM

would also like to know those on here what there thoughts r on an organization in asia known as SAM GOR.
looks to be an alliance/syndicate of the 14k triad,wo shing wo,sun yee on,big circle gang and the bamboo union
the Boss is tse chi lop a canadian/chinese citizen.
he has been described as the "el chapo" of asia,whatever that meens.
the main m.o. of this alliance is meth/heroin trafficking across asia.
with a large asian population in both toronto and vancouver and consistent large meth,heroin,fentanyl,precursor chems and other drug busts in these cities i wonder if this organization has began penetrating said markets?

since project o phoenix in toronto there has not been a large scale 'ndrangheta drug bust.
project sindicato involved some drugs but was mostly focused on on-line gambling and money laundering.

there has also not been any high level mexican cartel drug busts in last few years.
2014 project roadmaster(sinaloa cartel)
2017 project hope(unsure of cartel connection)

i guess what i am putting down is that both above mentioned groups r accused of being high level drug trafficking organizations and in the last 5 yrs they have not been busted.
so that would show they r being more insular and not as involved in the direct importation of drugs(possible w/ 'ndrangheta and some mexican cartels)...OR
some other group has decided to take over that position of direct supplier to an area like toronto.

in most recent large scale drug busts in GTA the majority of arrested have asian/southeast asian names,not italian or latin american.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/19/20 12:50 AM

would also like to know those on here what there thoughts r on an organization in asia known as SAM GOR.
looks to be an alliance/syndicate of the 14k triad,wo shing wo,sun yee on,big circle gang and the bamboo union
with a large asian population in both toronto and vancouver and consistent large meth,heroin,fentanyl,precursor chems and other drug busts in these cities i wonder if this organization has began penetrating said markets?

since project o phoenix in toronto there has not been a large scale 'ndrangheta drug bust.
project sindicato involved some drugs but was mostly focused on on-line gambling and money laundering.

there has also not been any high level mexican cartel drug busts in last few years.

i guess what i am putting down is that both above mentioned groups r accused of being high level drug trafficking organizations and in the last 5 yrs they have not been busted.
so that would show they r being more insular and not as involved in the direct importation of drugs(possible w/ 'ndrangheta and some mexican cartels)...OR
some other group has decided to take over that position of direct supplier to an area like toronto.

in most recent large scale drug busts in GTA the majority of arrested have asian/southeast asian names,not italian or latin american.

I just read about SAM GOR, that is heavy. They old as much weight than the mexican cartels and italian groups.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/19/20 04:36 AM

I just read about SAM GOR, that is heavy. They old as much weight than the mexican cartels and italian groups.

If I what I read was accurate then they are above everyone.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/19/20 08:52 AM

If I what I read was accurate then they are above everyone.

sam gor seems an interesting subject but according to this article it seems most are media hype especially when some comapres tse chi lop to el chapo or even pablo escobar

Asia’s drug ‘kingpin’ more Hollywood than reality

In the report, Jeremy Douglas, Southeast Asia and Pacific representative for UNODC, was quoted as saying: “Tse Chi Lop is in the league of El Chapo or maybe Pablo Escobar. The word kingpin often gets thrown around, but there is no doubt it applies here.”

Other seasoned observers, however, take issue with the Hollywood-like portrayal of Asia’s drug trade, which they argue is instead run by loosely and informally organized networks, and not by an over-arching, all-powerful “kingpin.”

Ko-lin Chin and Sheldon X Zhang, two of America’s most accomplished criminologists, have shown in seminal books like “The Chinese Heroin Trade” and “The Golden Triangle: Inside Southeast Asia’s Drug Trade” as well as numerous papers and articles that “Chinese [drug and crime] networks are horizontally structured, fluid, and opportunistic.”

They have also argued that, in private conversations, “even US drug enforcement officials in the field have acknowledged that there are no drug kingpins, or at least they have not seen any in China or Southeast Asia.”

Chin and Zhang state categorically in their books and research papers that they have never uncovered any evidence of significant triad involvement in the drug trade. Some triad members may deal in drugs but their main illicit income derives chiefly from enterprises such as construction, extortion, gambling, prostitution and fraud.

https://asiatimes.com/2019/12/asias-drug-kingpin-more-hollywood-than-reality/
Posted By: MolochioInduced

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/19/20 01:39 PM

“The biggest Street Gang in the World, Cops”

It’s from a T Shirt that they have.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GtoA5MtHep4

Gangs within the gang.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/19/20 05:21 PM

"Sam Gor" is probably a myth or - as is the case with "Brother's Circle" - just a designation to describe a cooperation between a group of criminals.

And seeing a lot of articles seem to describe them that way; Big Circle Gang isn't a Triad. Triad groups are mostly Hong Kong- and Taiwan-based and are largely connected to a certain community.
For instance, 14K has traditionally been the Cantonese group and has a lot of links with Guangdong. Sun Yee On on the other hand is connected to the Teochew community. The Wo Group has different branches; Wo Hop To is traditionally Cantonese, but the biggest out of the Wo branch, Wo Shing Wo, was formed in Sham Shui Po which is a Hakka stronghold. Nowadays their powerbase is more in Tsuen Wan (which is also an area with a strong Hakka contingent, even though most Hakka in Hong Kong are speaking Cantonese these days).
The Bamboo Union in Taiwan on the other hand is connected to the Mandarin-speakers (from Sichuan, Yunnan, Zheijan, Anhui, Jiangsu, Jiangxi) who came to Taiwan.

Big Circle Gang on the other hand was more formed as an organized street gang consisting of Cantonese/Taishanese speakers from the Guangdong province. Largely Guangdong (especially from Guangzhou and the outskirts) based criminals that aren't directly connected/employed by a Triad organization (loosely) band together to conduct criminal operations.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/20/20 04:40 AM

"Sam Gor" is probably a myth or - as is the case with "Brother's Circle" - just a designation to describe a cooperation between a group of criminals.

And seeing a lot of articles seem to describe them that way; Big Circle Gang isn't a Triad. Triad groups are mostly Hong Kong- and Taiwan-based and are largely connected to a certain community.
For instance, 14K has traditionally been the Cantonese group and has a lot of links with Guangdong. Sun Yee On on the other hand is connected to the Teochew community. The Wo Group has different branches; Wo Hop To is traditionally Cantonese, but the biggest out of the Wo branch, Wo Shing Wo, was formed in Sham Shui Po which is a Hakka stronghold. Nowadays their powerbase is more in Tsuen Wan (which is also an area with a strong Hakka contingent, even though most Hakka in Hong Kong are speaking Cantonese these days).
The Bamboo Union in Taiwan on the other hand is connected to the Mandarin-speakers (from Sichuan, Yunnan, Zheijan, Anhui, Jiangsu, Jiangxi) who came to Taiwan.

Big Circle Gang on the other hand was more formed as an organized street gang consisting of Cantonese/Taishanese speakers from the Guangdong province. Largely Guangdong (especially from Guangzhou and the outskirts) based criminals that aren't directly connected/employed by a Triad organization (loosely) band together to conduct criminal operations.

Thank you for the clarification. I see you on here from time to time and I really enjoy your posts. I just wanted to let you know that.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/20/20 04:46 AM

The Italian mafia had about 18 billion euros worth of assets seized from them in a 5 year span at one point I think. I don’t believe the article stated how much of those assets belonged to which of the 3 major organized crime syndicates in Italy exactly.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/20/20 06:25 AM

Thank you for the clarification. I see you on here from time to time and I really enjoy your posts. I just wanted to let you know that.

Thanks!

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/20/20 08:52 AM

The Italian mafia had about 18 billion euros worth of assets seized from them in a 5 year span at one point I think. I don’t believe the article stated how much of those assets belonged to which of the 3 major organized crime syndicates in Italy exactly.

these are assets and companies in total (from 1983 to present), the majority of them are of cosa nostra

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/20/20 11:28 PM

And that's only the local investments/assets, Italian organized crime is moving billions of euros abroad all around the world.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/22/20 03:28 PM

With all of that value seized, it still surprises me that they can still operate. Is there any accurate estimation on what they are worth based on asset seizures? They must be worth five times the assets that are seized in order to keep operating like business as usual.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/22/20 04:02 PM

With all of that value seized, it still surprises me that they can still operate. Is there any accurate estimation on what they are worth based on asset seizures? They must be worth five times the assets that are seized in order to keep operating like business as usual.

I already said it multiple times , good % of that assets seized are returned back after tons of trials and so on. Also when state puts all that assets on public auction , everyone know who it belonged and people are afraid to buy it , its bought again by families/close associates of mafia , so it finds its way back to their hands again

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/22/20 08:33 PM

I already said it multiple times , good % of that assets seized are returned back after tons of trials and so on. Also when state puts all that assets on public auction , everyone know who it belonged and people are afraid to buy it , its bought again by families/close associates of mafia , so it finds its way back to their hands again

Yes, although several mafiosi have complained about all the seizures on wiretaps, that's why they prefer to move money abroad investing in Romania, Germany, Spain, US, Canada etc..

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/23/20 08:59 PM

Are there any South American criminal organizations that compare to the top orgs?

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/23/20 09:51 PM

Are there any South American criminal organizations that compare to the top orgs?

Probably Colombian

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 04/24/20 05:47 AM

Probably Colombian

Clan del Golfo and Oficina de Envigado.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 05/01/20 10:38 PM

Other than Matteo Messina Denaro, what Sicilian mafia member had hundreds of millions of euros worth of assets seized? Stefano Bontade had money but I don’t know how much money we could really trace back to him.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 05/02/20 01:29 AM

Other than Matteo Messina Denaro, what Sicilian mafia member had hundreds of millions of euros worth of assets seized? Stefano Bontade had money but I don’t know how much money we could really trace back to him.

The major bosses don't have millions stashed away they use legitimate people who control the assets. For them it's more about power than money.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 05/04/20 03:21 AM

The major bosses don't have millions stashed away they use legitimate people who control the assets. For them it's more about power than money.

That’s what happened with Denaro. Legitimate businessmen were tied to him. Multiple billionaires were accused of bankrolling him. Is it safe to say that only a portion of the assets seized were really Denaro’s then? Or is he totally responsible for the wealth that they amassed in the first place?

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world - 08/01/21 11:51 PM

2021 updates? any changes
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET