Home

was lucky a rat ???

Posted By: meffaboston

was lucky a rat ??? - 05/01/13 02:50 PM

I have read things an have heard from different ppl on this forum that he did flip on someone and it had to do with drugs any opinions or facts...
Posted By: Mastronardo

Re: was lucky a rat ??? - 05/01/13 02:56 PM

He was not a rat.
Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times

Re: was lucky a rat ??? - 05/01/13 03:24 PM

Agree with Mastronardo
Posted By: Scorsese

Re: was lucky a rat ??? - 05/01/13 03:48 PM

ive read here and there that he may have dry snitched on a few people.
http://www.onewal.com/maf-info.html
Charlie "Lucky" Luciano: Even Lucky cooperated. In an effort to avoid prosecution for drug trafficking, young Luciano cooperated in a narcotics investigation. There is also reason to believe that the future underworld czar passed information to federal agents during a beating that left him permanently scarred and that he helped set up his own underboss, Vito Genovese, for a drug bust. Frank Costello and Meyer Lansky are also believed to have cooperated in setting up Genovese.

i also read once he was assaulted by one of his associates in prison whilst doing time for his prostitution ring.
Posted By: Toodoped

Re: was lucky a rat ??? - 05/01/13 03:48 PM

I think he was arrested as a teenager for drugs possession and yes he did ratted out.....at least thats how the story goes
Posted By: Dwalin2011

Re: was lucky a rat ??? - 05/01/13 03:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Scorsese
There is also reason to believe that the future underworld czar passed information to federal agents during a beating that left him permanently scarred

When was that? Was he beaten when he already was a boss?

Re: was lucky a rat ??? - 05/01/13 03:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011
There is also reason to believe that the future underworld czar passed information to federal agents during a beating that left him permanently scarred

I think he was attacked by Maranzanos ppl,not federal agents...and no he wasnt the boss at that time
Posted By: Dwalin2011

Re: was lucky a rat ??? - 05/01/13 03:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Toodoped

I think he was attacked by Maranzanos ppl,not federal agents...and no he wasnt the boss at that time

By the way, were there any Cosa Nostra bosses beaten in custody by law enforcement in American history? It's off-topic here, but I don't know if this question is worthy of a separate topic.

Re: was lucky a rat ??? - 05/01/13 04:03 PM

By the way, were there any Cosa Nostra bosses beaten in custody by law enforcement in American history? It's off-topic here, but I don't know if this question is worthy of a separate topic.

Dont have any proof for this statement but i bet the beatin may have started when the C.I.A. was created....
Posted By: meffaboston

Re: was lucky a rat ??? - 05/01/13 05:18 PM

Great info thanks
Posted By: Scalish

Re: was lucky a rat ??? - 05/01/13 09:06 PM

The only time he ratted was he was pinched for heroin as a teen and ratted out a bunch of Jewish guys he knew.
Posted By: SilentPartnerz

Re: was lucky a rat ??? - 05/01/13 09:39 PM

I got the shit kicked out of me one time for fucking with some Bubba redneck cops in rural Georgia. The Georgia in the United States...not the one near Russia.
Posted By: jace

Re: was lucky a rat ??? - 05/02/13 06:52 AM

Luciano did cooperate with narcotics agents when arrested, he testified in his 1936 trial on it when Dewey bought it up. However he gave up no one, the cooperation was giving them address of an apartment he had drugs hidden in. No one was ver arrested besides him, so he would not be a rat in my opinion. Unless ratting on himself makes him one?
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: was lucky a rat ??? - 05/02/13 11:37 AM

Of course he was. He ratted on a bunch of Jewish guys in his younger years. But his fans like to brush it under the carpet, Luciano was a selfish and greedy man.

People act like he's some LCN god, when in reality he's the complete opposite IMO, he betrayed everything traditional about the organization.

Re: was lucky a rat ??? - 05/02/13 12:21 PM

Originally Posted By: TommyGambino
Luciano was a selfish and greedy man.

lol Really?!?!? lol
Posted By: LCN1987

Re: was lucky a rat ??? - 05/02/13 12:42 PM

lol Really?!?!? lol

This guy obviously doesn't know much about Lucky lol
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: was lucky a rat ??? - 05/02/13 01:01 PM

Originally Posted By: LCN1987

lol Really?!?!? lol

Even if he was, from what history tells us he was the one that wanted to divide profits from all the rackets although I believe he always stiffed the prostitutes

Re: was lucky a rat ??? - 05/02/13 01:40 PM

Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti
Originally Posted By: LCN1987

lol Really?!?!? lol

Even if he was, from what history tells us he was the one that wanted to divide profits from all the rackets although I believe he always stiffed the prostitutes

He was also the driving force behind removing the "boss of all bosses" title. If he was greedy like TommyGambino said, he would've taken that title. He had the backing to do that, yet he didn't and formed the commission.
Posted By: jace

Re: was lucky a rat ??? - 05/02/13 06:25 PM

Of course he was. He ratted on a bunch of Jewish guys in his younger years. But his fans like to brush it under the carpet, Luciano was a selfish and greedy man.

People act like he's some LCN god, when in reality he's the complete opposite IMO, he betrayed everything traditional about the organization.

He ratted on which Jewish guys? In every report, it is said he gave up a stash of heroin, but no other people. His testimony in his trial is where story originates, and in it, you can find out he gave up no one.

Re: was lucky a rat ??? - 05/02/13 06:35 PM

Originally Posted By: jace

He ratted on which Jewish guys? In every report, it is said he gave up a stash of heroin, but no other people. His testimony in his trial is where story originates, and in it, you can find out he gave up no one.

In a youtube docu (take that as reliable as you want, it's said that the he "ratted on some jewish guys" according to narrator. I agree though, he wasn't a rat and never would have risen to the rank he was if that incident was considered "ratting" because everybody would know by then...
Posted By: ht2

Re: was lucky a rat ??? - 05/02/13 07:49 PM

Probably a myth, about Maranzano. I read Luciano was brutally beaten by NYPD for not giving up whereabouts of Jack legs Diamond, who was hiding in an apt owned by Luciano.
Posted By: Faithful1

Re: was lucky a rat ??? - 05/02/13 08:16 PM

You're correct, ht2. In The Last Testament of Lucky Luciano he made the claim that Maranzano had him strung up and beaten. Only problem is that that book is a fraud and contradicts known reliable information. I wrote a lengthy article obliterating that book in Informer magazine last year. As for who he ratted on in 1926, the Bureau of Narcotics reported that it was a friend of his named Steve Armone, who was later a capo in the Gambino Family.

Not about Lucky but the same topic, Carlo Gambino, as a boss, reportedly told the police (maybe through one of his men) about a thief or a burglar. I read this many years ago and I think the source was Don Carlo: Boss of Bosses by Paul Meskil. If I recall correctly it was basically away to get rid of an annoyance and the guy was sent to prison.
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: was lucky a rat ??? - 05/02/13 08:32 PM

I agree that he is extremely overrated. And his leadership style was completely different from the style of the more traditional bosses´. One can argue that Luciano´s style and modus operandi was a "modern way" of running things but in the end, it was also his achille´s heal. I believe if he had chosen to stay more in the background and lead his Family in a more traditional way, he would have lasted longer than the 16 years he did as a boss (and 11 of those he was behind bars, may I remind you).
Posted By: Sonny_Black

Re: was lucky a rat ??? - 05/02/13 09:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Faithful1
You're correct, ht2. In The Last Testament of Lucky Luciano he made the claim that Maranzano had him strung up and beaten. Only problem is that that book is a fraud and contradicts known reliable information. I wrote a lengthy article obliterating that book in Informer magazine last year.

I'd love to read that article.
Posted By: Sonny_Black

Re: was lucky a rat ??? - 05/02/13 09:18 PM

Care to elaborate on this?
Posted By: ht2

Re: was lucky a rat ??? - 05/02/13 09:28 PM

You're correct, ht2. In The Last Testament of Lucky Luciano he made the claim that Maranzano had him strung up and beaten. Only problem is that that book is a fraud and contradicts known reliable information. I wrote a lengthy article obliterating that book in Informer magazine last year. As for who he ratted on in 1926, the Bureau of Narcotics reported that it was a friend of his named Steve Armone, who was later a capo in the Gambino Family.

Yep, this is where I read it, in April 2012 issue.

Re: was lucky a rat ??? - 05/02/13 09:31 PM

In The Last Testament of Lucky Luciano he made the claim that Maranzano had him strung up and beaten. Only problem is that that book is a fraud and contradicts known reliable information.

So youre sayin that in 1929 Lucky survived a gangland ride with NYPD in which he was beaten, stabbed repeatedly with an ice pick,slashed throat and thrown from a car and left for dead?Or this didnt happend at all?
Posted By: Faithful1

Re: was lucky a rat ??? - 05/03/13 12:11 AM

In The Last Testament of Lucky Luciano he made the claim that Maranzano had him strung up and beaten. Only problem is that that book is a fraud and contradicts known reliable information.

So youre sayin that in 1929 Lucky survived a gangland ride with NYPD in which he was beaten, stabbed repeatedly with an ice pick,slashed throat and thrown from a car and left for dead?Or this didnt happend at all?

Yes, it did happen, but Maranzano had nothing to do with it.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET