Home

Mr. Miggs

Posted By: Toodoped

Mr. Miggs - 05/01/13 06:03 AM

Antonio "Mr. Miggs" Pollina was once the boss of the Philly mob.Hes also famous for the plot to kill his underling Angelo Bruno but the assassin instead informed Bruno of Pollina's intentions.Bruno used his connections to the The Commission to take Pollina's power away from him and he did it.The commission authorized Bruno to murder Pollina for reasons that have never been fully explained. The theory is that since Pollina plotted to kill Bruno then he had the right to defend himself against Pollina's plot. In truth Pollina was the boss and if he so chose to eliminate one of his family members the commission had no right to stop him.Can any1 pls explain what happend and why Pollina wasnt allowed to whack Bruno?I know Bruno was a pal with Carlo Gambino,so was that the only reason why he wasnt whacked?
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: Mr. Miggs - 05/01/13 06:13 AM

The guy who informed Burno was compensated with a pinkie ring so him and bruno could commnicate with one another

Re: Mr. Miggs - 05/01/13 06:17 AM

Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti
The guy who informed Burno was compensated with a pinkie ring so him and bruno could commnicate with one another

lol ye i bet they had an secret affair...
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: Mr. Miggs - 05/01/13 06:23 AM

Originally Posted By: Toodoped
Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

lol ye i bet they had an secret affair...

Yeah it was around that same time period too when the poster Madon said that about the gay mafioso commnicating teleapathicly through their pinkie rings lol lol ..I still get a kick out of that post everytime Iread it
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: Mr. Miggs - 05/01/13 10:23 AM

There were a lot of friction between Pollina and Bruno. Possibly because Pollina desired Bruno´s position after being bumped down/passed over. I don´t know much about the Philly Family, especially not the early part but I think the quarrel those two guys had with eachother was brought in front of the Commission, by a third party, which forced the Commission to step in and mediate. I think Bruno was told to get along with Pollina and was prohibited to use any violence against him. Bruno simply went along with the Commission´s decision. Perhaps this is why he later was known as the "gentle don". However, Pollina was shelved.

I´ve tried to find any document suggesting Pollina had ordered Bruno killed. All I can find is documents saying (and this is according to informants) that the animosity between them started during a meeting (Bruno was not present) with "out of towners" where Pollina bad mouthed Bruno who was the boss at the time. It looks like Pollina had previously been named the acting boss by the Commission, after Ida´s sudden departure for Italy, but also removed by the Commission for some reason unknown. If anybody has anything to add to this or want to make a correction, please do so. I find the Bruno/Pollina quarrel interesting.
Posted By: Mastronardo

Re: Mr. Miggs - 05/01/13 03:07 PM

Antonio "Mr. Miggs" Pollina.

Re: Mr. Miggs - 05/01/13 03:46 PM

Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles
There were a lot of friction between Pollina and Bruno. Possibly because Pollina desired Bruno´s position after being bumped down/passed over. I don´t know much about the Philly Family, especially not the early part but I think the quarrel those two guys had with eachother was brought in front of the Commission, by a third party, which forced the Commission to step in and mediate. I think Bruno was told to get along with Pollina and was prohibited to use any violence against him. Bruno simply went along with the Commission´s decision. Perhaps this is why he later was known as the "gentle don". However, Pollina was shelved.

I´ve tried to find any document suggesting Pollina had ordered Bruno killed. All I can find is documents saying (and this is according to informants) that the animosity between them started during a meeting (Bruno was not present) with "out of towners" where Pollina bad mouthed Bruno who was the boss at the time. It looks like Pollina had previously been named the acting boss by the Commission, after Ida´s sudden departure for Italy, but also removed by the Commission for some reason unknown. If anybody has anything to add to this or want to make a correction, please do so. I find the Bruno/Pollina quarrel interesting.

Yeah youre right theres not much info on the whole situation but anyways,thanx HK,my man,cheers
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET