Home

Question...Who Pays For Things Like Hits?

Posted By: Primo

Question...Who Pays For Things Like Hits? - 04/17/13 05:56 PM

What I mean is say for example there's going to be a hit and the family wants to use an outside source to do it. So they agree to pay them like $20,000 or whatever the #. Who pays for that? Does each Mob family have money set aside for business expenses like this? Or does the boss take it out of his cut? You always saw on shows like the sopranos them giving money to people to do stuff but it was never clear what money or whose it was they were using? I know when it comes to peoples own business's like bookmaking they will use their own funds but when it is something like a mob family hit on someone whose money do they use?
Posted By: Tyler_Durden

Re: Question...Who Pays For Things Like Hits? - 04/17/13 06:07 PM

The person who wants the hits done is the one who pays for them, boss or no boss.

For example Gaspipe Casso 'outsourced' a few hits, both successful and unsuccessful, and paid for them out of his own pocket.

Re: Question...Who Pays For Things Like Hits? - 04/17/13 06:11 PM

Ok thanks for the info. Just was always curious about that.
Posted By: azguy

Re: Question...Who Pays For Things Like Hits? - 04/17/13 06:34 PM

I would think most are done as favors and I've heard of hits being done for as little as $1,000 -5,000 so you're not breaking the bank even if it is a contract hit...

Re: Question...Who Pays For Things Like Hits? - 04/17/13 06:38 PM

Originally Posted By: azguy
I would think most are done as favors and I've heard of hits being done for as little as $1,000 -5,000 so you're not breaking the bank even if it is a contract hit...

Yea I suppose most are just ordered and carried out cause guys have to no money exchanged. But for something like Nicolo Rizzutos murder where he was sniped through his kitchen window that almost seems like someting you'd have to hire someone pretty skilled for.
Posted By: SilentPartnerz

Re: Question...Who Pays For Things Like Hits? - 04/17/13 09:12 PM

Cheerleader mothers in Texas
Posted By: SilentPartnerz

Re: Question...Who Pays For Things Like Hits? - 04/17/13 09:12 PM

Cheerleader mothers in Texas
Posted By: tommykarate

Re: Question...Who Pays For Things Like Hits? - 04/17/13 10:28 PM

What about in italy? How does it work there. Id imagine its not often they get paid for murder over there but id think it does happen.idk tho
Posted By: jace

Re: Question...Who Pays For Things Like Hits? - 04/18/13 06:46 AM

In the United States, doesn't Mafia only use their own men, and not use outsiders?
I don't know why they would pay an outsider when one of their own can be ordered to do it for free.
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Question...Who Pays For Things Like Hits? - 04/18/13 08:25 AM

tommy karate in Italy you're a boss or highranking man,or a soldier in the first case say to the guaglioni to do a cappot e legn ( whack Him) in Sicily the order is of astutare a person.
Then who ordered the hit pay in money or with another thing.
Posted By: Camarel

Re: Question...Who Pays For Things Like Hits? - 04/18/13 05:45 PM

I remember hearing on some ddocumentary that it's a myth that guys get payed for hits i tend to believe this is true with probably 90% of them.

Re: Question...Who Pays For Things Like Hits? - 04/18/13 06:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Camarel
I remember hearing on some ddocumentary that it's a myth that guys get payed for hits i tend to believe this is true with probably 90% of them.

I sort of thought if a soldier for example gets asked by his boss to do a hit he just does it? But I was thinking for example in the Sopranos when Tony wants Chris to hire black guys to kill someone they usually pay those guys cause they aren't in the family?
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Question...Who Pays For Things Like Hits? - 04/18/13 06:07 PM

When your skipper tells you to kill someone, you're dutybound to kill that person. You tell him no, you die yourself. Forget about Haliburton suitcases filled with hundred dollar bills, and "out of town hitters." That shit is only in the movies. Nine out of ten times it's your overweight best friend who kills you when you go into that line of work. And he doesn't get paid for it. Maybe he'll get his button (if he doesn't have it already), but that's about it.
Posted By: Mastronardo

Re: Question...Who Pays For Things Like Hits? - 04/18/13 06:08 PM

Originally Posted By: tommykarate
What about in italy? How does it work there. Id imagine its not often they get paid for murder over there but id think it does happen.idk tho

In Italy, I can imagine young guys wanting to impress the different clans by doing it for free. However, if there is a price involved, the money given to an outsider for a hit usually ranges from €1,000 to €10,000. That money comes from the person who wants the murder committed.
Posted By: LCN1987

Re: Question...Who Pays For Things Like Hits? - 04/18/13 06:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Primo
Originally Posted By: Camarel

I sort of thought if a soldier for example gets asked by his boss to do a hit he just does it? But I was thinking for example in the Sopranos when Tony wants Chris to hire black guys to kill someone they usually pay those guys cause they aren't in the family?

You can't use The Sopranos as a basis for mob facts. That show is great but also unrealistic in so many ways when it comes to the mob and how it runs and operates. I think it was either Leonetti or the Crow who said that it's a myth that they pay guys to do a hit and that in all cases it's an order from the boss and an excellent opportunity for an associate to become made.
Posted By: Camarel

Re: Question...Who Pays For Things Like Hits? - 04/18/13 06:37 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
When your skipper tells you to kill someone, you're dutybound to kill that person. You tell him no, you die yourself. Forget about Haliburton suitcases filled with hundred dollar bills, and "out of town hitters." That shit is only in the movies. Nine out of ten times it's your overweight best friend who kills you when you go into that line of work. And he doesn't get paid for it. Maybe he'll get his button (if he doesn't have it already), but that's about it.

That's what i was thinking.
Posted By: Ted

Re: Question...Who Pays For Things Like Hits? - 04/19/13 02:57 AM

The only thing a made man gets from murdering someone is respect from his peers (and LE on his back).
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Question...Who Pays For Things Like Hits? - 04/19/13 03:50 AM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

+1

In the "Mob Hitmen" documentary, which you can watch on YouTube, Nicky Caramandi talks about how there's no such thing as being paid for a hit. At least generally speaking, anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yk_P2NjIF48
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET