Home

Joey Merlino gives interview

Posted By: IvyLeague

Joey Merlino gives interview - 04/12/13 11:51 PM

Thanks to Pogo for posting this...

Merlino Talks About Nicky Skins And Florida Life Without The Mob
By George Anastasia
Friday, April 12, 2013

They met in a Dunkin’ Donuts near the beach in Boca Raton.

Nicholas Stefanelli, a 60-something mobster from North Jersey, was full of propositions and ideas for “business” ventures.

Joey Merlino, recently turned 50 and out of jail for about a year, was all ears.

Merlino was looking for a fresh start in Florida, or so he said. Stefanelli had come recommended from a defense attorney in Newark who had worked on one of Joey’s cases.

They talked for about an hour. At first, Stefanelli focused on ideas for bars and restaurants, businesses he knew Joey was interested in. Money and backers were available, he said. They could make something happen, he promised. Then he steered the conversation to past events in the world in which they both operated.

Stefanelli, known as “Nicky Skins,” was a soldier in the Gambino crime family.

Merlino, who everyone knew as “Skinny Joey,” had been or was (depending on your frame of reference) the boss of the Philadelphia mob. He had just finished a 14-year stint in a federal prison. He had no desire to go back. So when Stefanelli started asking about some of the guys up north and talking about pending criminal cases, Merlino pulled back.

There are certain things you don’t talk about, especially with someone you’ve just met.

“He asked me about Joe (Ligambi, one of several prominent Philadelphia mob figures then awaiting trial on racketeering conspiracy charges),” Merlino recalled. “I said he was a nice guy and I hoped he beat the case.”

Then Stefanelli asked about Nicky Scarfo Jr., who was in federal prison awaiting trial on charges that he and an associate had looted a Texas-based mortgage company, siphoning out more than $12 million through bogus business deals and phony consulting contracts.

“When he asked me about Scarfo, I said it was a shame what happened to that kid,” Merlino said. “I said his father (jailed mob boss Nicodemo “Little Nicky” Scarfo, an unindicted co-conspirator in the fraud case) was going to get him 100 years … And I meant it.”

The meeting at the Dunkin' Donuts was in December 2010. A year later, Merlino learned that Stefanelli was recording everything they said when they sat down over coffee that day.

“The fuckin’ guy was wired,” Merlino said. “I got the tape. In fact, I got two from Joe Ligambi’s lawyer. He thought I had talked to the guy twice. But we had only met once."

"There were two tapes because the guy was wearing two wires, one on his body and one in his watch," Merlino said. "He shoulda fuckin’ been electrocuted. The feds sent him down here to set me up. I told him I’m legitimate. I don’t want nothing to do with any of that other stuff … What else could I say?”

Merlino is sitting in a posh restaurant in the W Hotel on Beach Boulevard in Fort Lauderdale, a short drive from the condo in Boca Raton where he has been living with his good friend and former South Philadelphia neighbor Donnie Petullo.

For the first time since his release to a halfway house in Florida over a year ago, Merlino has agreed to talk publicly about himself, about where he is and what he hopes to do with the rest of his life.

“It’s beautiful down here,” he says. “Great weather. No stress. People come here, they live to be 100.”

At 51 (his birthday was in March) he is a little over halfway there. And it’s clear he hopes to make it the rest of the way. He said repeatedly and emphatically during two days of interviews earlier this week that he has no intention of returning to Philadelphia.

The only things he misses, he said, are his family – and by that he meant blood relatives like his mother Rita, his sister Natalie, and others still living in South Philadelphia – and the Mummers Parade on New Year’s Day.

He hardly mentioned the other Family, but that was like the 500-pound gorilla in the room during two days of interviews. Always circumspect and cautious, Merlino is savvy enough to know what to say and how to say it. He also is aware that a return to the streets of South Philadelphia and the clubs and restaurants where his mere presence caused a stir – “Joey’s in the room. It’s Merlino.” – would attract major law enforcement attention and ultimately lead to potential criminal problems.

Joey's life as a wiseguy during the 1990s was Entourage in the Underworld. The popular HBO series about four young, good looking guys making it in the movie business and making it with every beautiful broad they came in contact with was not that much different from Merlino's days as Philadelphia's one and only celebrity wiseguy.

Over lunch at Steak 954 – ironically a restaurant opened in Fort Lauderdale's W Hotel by Stephen Starr, the iconic Philadelphia restaurateur -- Merlino did some quick math to explain how and why he has decided to turn his life in another direction. By his own count, he has spent close to 19 years behind bars. If you add in the time he’s spent in halfway houses, the number is close to 20. That’s a big chunk of his adult life.

He missed his daughters – both now teenagers – growing but says he wants to be around to see them go off to college. They and his wife live in North Jersey where the girls attend school. He didn’t want to disrupt that, but they’ve visited on holidays and spent about six weeks with him last summer.

He’s working for an advertising agency, but looking to start his own business. He’s talked about restaurants, cafes, a Philly cheese streak shop -- "It's hard to get rolls down here" -- and a cigar bar. Nothing yet, but everything is still in play. There's also talk about a book, a movie and a reality TV show.

“Anybody can be an actor,” Merlino says at one point.

“Look at Kim Kardashian,” adds Petullo. “What did she ever do?”

Everyone at the table agrees that Kardashian has parlayed her physical attributes into a money-making career. Merlino doesn’t see any reason whey he can’t cash in as well. He may not have a big ass, but he's got a lot of other things going for him. The only stipulation, he said, is that whatever he does has to be legitimate.

“This Stefanelli said he had plenty of investors and said we could do things,” Merlino said over a lunch of lobster bisque and a crab cake. Then he rolled his eyes.

“When I mentioned the cheese steak shop, he said we should franchise it. Call it Merlino’s and get investors," Merlino said. "He started talking about selling 10 or 12 franchises. The 'Old’ Joey would have gone for that. But that’s not me now."

“I’m not gonna sell something I don’t have," he said. "If I had opened a cheesesteak place and was in business and somebody wanted to talk about a franchise, then it’s legit. But I’m not gonna sell something that doesn’t exist.”

That’s the 'New’ Joey.

He still looks and sounds like the guy who was the John Gotti of Passyunk Avenue, the reputed mob boss who held Christmas parties for the homeless and gave away turkeys at Thanksgiving in the housing projects.

He still has those same dark eyes that can shoot daggers and the quick, staccato delivery when he’s telling a story or asking a question. But if you take him at his word (and at this point there is no reason not to), he has a different perspective on life.

He’s seen too much.

He’s spent too much time in lockdown.

He’s tired of living a regimented life where others control when you get up, when you eat and when the lights get turned off.

Enough.

He’s also ultra cautious.

“Too many rats,” he said. “I want no part of that.”

Nicky Skins Stefaneilli is a case in point.

Skins had gotten jammed up in a drug case in Newark two years before he met with Merlino. And to get himself and his son out from under, he agreed to cooperate with the FBI. He had already recorded dozens of conversations in North Jersey, New York and Rhode Island when he headed to Florida.

(Two Stefanelli tapes, but not the Merlino meeting, were played at Ligambi's trial earlier this year.)

The idea was to get Joey to incriminate himself, to admit that he was still part of the crime family back in Philadelphia, to talk about the old days, maybe to brag or boast about how – and this is the fed's position not Merlino’s – he had gotten away with murder.

Talk to anyone who has tracked the Philadelphia mob in the past 30 years and they'll tell you that Skinny Joey was involved in more than a dozen gangland shootings. They have tried, but failed, to link him to ten different murders.

Even over a casual lunch, Merlino won’t go there.

The racketeering case in 2001 that earned him a 14-year sentence, included a half dozen shootings. The jury found the charges “not proven.” Two years later he was tried in federal court in Newark for one of the same murders that was part of the racketeering case. While it seems mind boggling and counter-intuitive to a layman, the racketeering statutes permit what on the face appears to be double jeopardy. In any event, Merlino beat the murder rap in North Jersey as well.

“Not guilty” said the jury.

He’s is content to rest on those jury verdicts, offering very little else about the murder and mayhem that authorities allege he unleashed on the South Philadelphia underworld during the bloody 1990s, a period when, prosecutors alleged, the Merlino faction of the Philadelphia mob went to war with a faction headed by John Stanfa.

“I was found not guilty,” Merlino said. “What else can I say?”

Probably a lot more, but there’s very little chance anyone will ever get Merlino to open up. Stefanelli, no doubt coached by his FBI handlers, was tap dancing around a volatile subject when he brought up the Scarfo name at the Dunkin’ Donuts meeting.

There is a history between the Scarfos and the Merlinos.

Joey’s father Salvatore “Chucky” Merlino was once the elder Scarfo’s top underworld associate and his underboss. But the volatile Scarfo had a fallen out with his one-time best friend and threatened to kill the entire Merlino clan.

There is more to the story which when told in full sounds like an underworld soap opera. But that’s for another day. Just know that in law enforcement circles, the conventional wisdom is that Skinny Joey tried to settle accounts on Halloween Night, 1989.

On that night, Nicky Jr. was having dinner in Dante&Luigi’s, a neighborhood restaurant located on the corner of 10th and Christian Streets in South Philadelphia. The joint had served up fine but inexpensive Italian dinners to three generations.

In the fall of 1989, the Philadelphia mob was in disarray. The elder Scarfo, along with Chucky Merlino and a dozen others had been convicted of racketeering-murder charges and were serving lengthy federal prison sentences. “Little Nicky” Scarfo, a psychopathic mob boss, had driven the organization into the ground. During his bloody reign about 20 mob figures had been killed. With a dozen more behind bars, the organization, which never had more than 60 or 70 members, was in shambles.

Scarfo was trying to maintain control from prison through his son, Nicky Jr. (While they called him Jr., in fact his name was Nicodemo Salvatore and his father was Nicodemo Domenic.)

The younger Scarfo was dining on clams and spaghetti that night, one of his favorites. Two associates, his cousin John Parisi and another man, were eating with him. None of them noticed the guy with the trick-or-treat bag who walked into the restaurant and headed straight for their table. He was wearing a mask, but it was Halloween. It was only after he pulled the Mac-9 machine pistol out of the bag and opened fire that he attracted any attention.

By then it was too late.

Scarfo was hit six times. The gunman turned and headed for the door. As he walked out amid screaming customers who were ducking for cover, he dropped the gun. A car pulled up. He got in and drove away.

About a week earlier, a Philadelphia police officer had been killed in the line of duty. Some drug dealer with a gun had started firing. The cop was wearing a bullet proof vest, but one of the bullets came in on an angle and ripped into his rib cage from the side. A fraction of an inch one way or the other and the bullet would have hit the vest. Instead, it tore into his heart. The cop died.

None of the bullets that hit Scarfo that night struck a vital organ. Less than a week after the shooting, he was released from the hospital.

“Can you fuckin’ believe it?” a Philadelphia police officer said at the time. “He’s not wearing a vest. He gets hit six times. And he walks away. How’s that fair?”

No one has ever been charged with the attempted murder of Nicky Scarfo Jr.

But Joey Merlino has long been the prime suspect. Underworld informants have fingered him as the triggerman. One, in fact, told the FBI how Merlino had deliberately dropped the gun that night because he wanted to send a message to “Little Nicky” Scarfo, who was serving a 55-year sentence for racketeering at the time.

The elder Scarfo loved gangster movies. One of his favorites, of course, was The Godfather. And one of his favorite scenes was the restaurant shooting where Michael Corleone settles the score after his father was shot and nearly killed. As Michael leaves the restaurant, he drops the gun.

There was a purpose to the gunman doing the same thing at Dante&Luigi’s, or so the informant said. Joey Merlino was settling a score that night. At least that’s the theory that law enforcement has been working on for the past twenty-five years.

Scarfo Jr. never identified his shooter. But the New Jersey State Police have phone tapes in which he and his father, talking from prison, discuss the hit. On the tape, Little Nicky refers to Merlino as “a snake” and tells his son to “take him to dinner,” code, said investigators, for killing him.

Over lunch down in Florida, Merlino said he was home the night of the Dante & Luigi shooting. He was under a court-ordered curfew imposed in an unrelated case and had to be in his house by 7 p.m. each night.

He couldn’t have been the shooter, he said. Hardly a solid alibi, but his position none-the-less.

Several years later, word started to circulate in South Philadelphia that, from prison, Little Nicky had put a $500,000 contract out on Merlino’s life. When Joey was asked about this by TV reporter Dave Schratwieser, Joey calmly looked into the camera and in classic Merlino-style said, “Give me the half million dollars and I’ll shoot myself.”

Merlino has been charged with, but never convicted, of nearly a dozen other shootings. The brother of a witness who was about to take the stand in a mob racketeering trial, the ambush of a rival mob leader on a busy Philadelphia highway in the midst of the morning rush hour, the slaying of a mob capo who was balking about sending a monthly envelope filled with cash, the drive-by shooting of a video poker machine operator who had refused to pay a street tax.

The list goes on and on. Even after he was arrested in 1999, authorities believe, Merlino continued to sign off on street violence. Three unsolved murders that occurred while he was in federal prison are also part of the murderous menu that the FBI and police homicide detectives believe Merlino served up in the Philadelphia underworld.

Gambling, loansharking, extortion and robbery have landed him in jail for a big chunk of his life. But talk to any of the authorities who have been tracking him for the past twenty-five years and they’ll tell you Joey Merlino has literally gotten away with murder.

Lunch is over and Merlino is sipping a cup of coffee at 954 Steak. It's a sunny afternoon. The restaurant windows face Beach Boulevard and the sparkling Atlantic Ocean.

Merlino is tan and fit and looking forward to his next visit to the gym. From his perspective, it doesn't matter what they say or think back in Philadelphia. Juries have been shown the evidence and heard the witnesses.

Not proven. Not guilty.

"What else can I say?" he asks.

http://www.bigtrial.net/2013/04/merlino-talks-about-nicky-skins-and.html
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 04/13/13 12:41 AM

Didn't Scoops Licata say on the Nicky Skins tapes say that Joey M shot Nicky Jr?
Posted By: TonyBoy117

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 04/13/13 01:08 AM

Crazy like a fox meeting with that guy
Posted By: vinnietoothpicks26

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 04/13/13 01:41 AM

You believe him?

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 04/13/13 02:13 AM

Originally Posted By: vinnietoothpicks26
You believe him?

If you mean, do people believe Joey is telling the truth about being done with the life, I don't. And I don't think Anastasia does either. But what else would one expect Merlino to say? A lot of time would have to go by before I'd even start to believe he was retired from the mob.
Posted By: DiLorenzo

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 04/13/13 04:36 AM

From mob boss to tv reality show ??

Can you see chin gigante in his bathrobe doing a reality show ??

Merlino's not a kid anymore, but still acts like one !!
Posted By: Skinny

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 04/13/13 04:46 AM

The price is right with.... The Chin!

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 04/13/13 01:28 PM

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: vinnietoothpicks26
You believe him?

If you mean, do people believe Joey is telling the truth about being done with the life, I don't. And I don't think Anastasia does either. But what else would one expect Merlino to say? A lot of time would have to go by before I'd even start to believe he was retired from the mob.

Yeah that is what I meant. I am not saying I believe the guy but, he does have a point. He's done so much time in his life and now the organization is decimated. If he can make a go of it he should. Btw, what advertising agency is hiring Joey?
Posted By: reginald_denny

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 04/13/13 02:27 PM

id hire him in a second...hes a good looking guy
Posted By: pmac

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 04/13/13 03:36 PM

this is a boss saying listen I didn't give the ok to the guy to clip someone in broad daylite. at the same time how the hell can you be a boss from 3000 miles away that's a insult to any one in philly. im guessin the 15 or so guys on the street would be like we respect him but he's not are boss he's legit or went legit. could you say he's probably the most powerfull mobster in south florida. it seems guys trust him from other family and he got the younger guys. he took over the trafficante family. the jab he took at scarfo sr. was nice. he's probably steaming mad ploting with vic amuso how there gonna take back the lcn.
Posted By: Five_Felonies

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 04/13/13 03:49 PM

Originally Posted By: pmac
this is a boss saying listen I didn't give the ok to the guy to clip someone in broad daylite. at the same time how the hell can you be a boss from 3000 miles away that's a insult to any one in philly. im guessin the 15 or so guys on the street would be like we respect him but he's not are boss he's legit or went legit. could you say he's probably the most powerfull mobster in south florida. it seems guys trust him from other family and he got the younger guys. he took over the trafficante family. the jab he took at scarfo sr. was nice. he's probably steaming mad ploting with vic amuso how there gonna take back the lcn.

what makes you think he took over the trafficante family? for a while now, the remnants of the trafficante's have worked with the gambino's. as far as being the most powerful mobster in south florida, not by a long shot. does joey even have any rackets going on down there, who knows, but its a fair bet to say that either the point man for the gambino or genovese family would be the most influential in south florida.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 04/13/13 03:54 PM

it was a joke if he wants to start making his young guys in florida under the philly flag whose gonna stop him. I guess the nyc guys wouldn't respect them maybe, but with nick corrozo's guy recording him, he don't give ashit. I final vote on merlino he's quit the boss job, maybe one of scarfo guys is calling shots, or scarfo himself
Posted By: Five_Felonies

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 04/13/13 04:20 PM

my hypothesis is that while joey might still hold the title of official boss, it might be in name only mostly. i'm sure that he still has the ABILITY to have his say if he chooses, and its a safe bet that he still recieves cash, but as far as having any kind of control over the day to day workings, i think those days are long gone, and i bet he's happy about that. mazzone is the one calling the shots now as far as i'm concerned.
Posted By: 22

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 04/13/13 08:09 PM

Who was the capo that didn't want to stuff the envelopes with cash,I'm drawing a blank
Posted By: TonyBoy117

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 04/13/13 08:11 PM

Originally Posted By: 22
Who was the capo that didn't want to stuff the envelopes with cash,I'm drawing a blank
Im not sure put it sounds like Joe Sodano from Newark
Posted By: streetbossliborio

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 04/13/13 08:20 PM

def wanna see more of merlino!! dis guy is kool

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 04/13/13 08:27 PM

why is there not more of this guy? movie, book, mobsters episode. this guy has done it all?
Posted By: DiLorenzo

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 04/13/13 09:42 PM

What history does he really have that would make him appealing to viewers/buyers ??
Posted By: Dwalin2011

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 04/13/13 10:35 PM

Originally Posted By: streetbossliborio
why is there not more of this guy? movie, book, mobsters episode. this guy has done it all?

Maybe it's because he is still alive, free and never convicted for the worst things he has done. If they tell everything as it really was, Merlino's lawyers will sue them, and telling only about the crimes he was convicted for wouldn't be much of a story.

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 04/13/13 10:42 PM

Originally Posted By: DiLorenzo
What history does he really have that would make him appealing to viewers/buyers ??

youngish good looking, john gotti quality. and a mob boss. dad was underboss, uncle was capo then informant, sister was engaged to prince capo sal testa. merlinos been in the game all his life. and has spent 20 years in the can. how much history do ya want lol?! funny merlino fact - he pulled off a huge 350 000 armed heist in philly. instead of paying the others he told em where to go and kept the lot.they flipped on him and he got sent down for 4 years. he goes 350 000 for 4 years thats a good deal! (back in the 80's). dont forget the quote after hearing scarfo sr got 500 000 on his head, 'give me 500 000 ill shoot myself.' if this guy aint tv material for viewers who is!

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 04/13/13 10:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011
Originally Posted By: streetbossliborio

Maybe it's because he is still alive, free and never convicted for the worst things he has done. If they tell everything as it really was, Merlino's lawyers will sue them, and telling only about the crimes he was convicted for wouldn't be much of a story.

i agree thanks for clearing that up for me! i still would of thought there would be a lil more out there about him though. guys a lcn legend
Posted By: Jenkins

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 04/13/13 10:56 PM

What ever happened to the piece of shit Gambino soldier that tried to record Joey. I mean I realize we are in a different era today but that pisses me off. There is truly no honor left in LCN.
Posted By: 123JoeSchmo

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 04/13/13 11:19 PM

He committed suicide. Took the easy way out when the Feds told him he would have to take the stand

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 04/13/13 11:44 PM

Originally Posted By: pmac
at the same time how the hell can you be a boss from 3000 miles away that's a insult to any one in philly. im guessin the 15 or so guys on the street would be like we respect him but he's not are boss he's legit or went legit.

He could be the official boss the same way Carmine Persico has been the official boss even though he's been in prison all these years. As long as he has the clout to retain the position, and the followers on the street to enforce his will, he can be wherever he wants. It's why bosses have acting bosses or other guys run things for them day-to-day when they're not there for whatever reason.

Now, only time will tell if Merlino is not only really retired, but is really serious about staying in Florida for good. As soon as he can meet guys directly, without getting in trouble, he may be visiting Philly a lot more.

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 04/14/13 02:04 AM

I think sometimes he's getting more credit from a lot of people and what they hear than there really is.I find it hard for him to still be the one calling the shots because usually you need some sort of backing for that.The NY guys never really recognized him and it just seems odd to me that he can be in Florida soaking up the sun and getting this so called big envelope every month.I mean say if someone does buck his authority who does he go to,not saying it can't happen but it seems like the feds would be the first to know if Joey ordered any hits or beatings or whatever.If he really is staying away I guess only time will tell but how long can he go on the straight and narrow.He should listen to himself because he does make a lot of sense but even if you have it as good as it can get I'll never forget a line by Sammy the Bull when he first went in to the WP Program.Something like you wake up in the morning get the morning paper but there's nobody to whack.I guess to him that was complete boredom.

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 04/14/13 02:09 AM

I think sometimes he's getting more credit from a lot of people and what they hear than there really is.I find it hard for him to still be the one calling the shots because usually you need some sort of backing for that.The NY guys never really recognized him and it just seems odd to me that he can be in Florida soaking up the sun and getting this so called big envelope every month.I mean say if someone does buck his authority who does he go to,not saying it can't happen but it seems like the feds would be the first to know if Joey ordered any hits or beatings or whatever.If he really is staying away I guess only time will tell but how long can he go on the straight and narrow.He should listen to himself because he does make a lot of sense but even if you have it as good as it can get I'll never forget a line by Sammy the Bull when he first went in to the WP Program.Something like you wake up in the morning get the morning paper but there's nobody to whack.I guess to him that was complete boredom.

Apparently, there was enough on those tapes to convince the feds he is still the boss. One example being Ligambi talking about Joey making certain guys himself after he got home. Now, maybe he really does want to retire. But only time will tell. And, right now, I see no reason to give him the benefit of the doubt. The feds sure as hell won't.

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 04/14/13 02:24 AM

The feds aren't always right, but they always error on the side of caution. I think hes out, but for my own entertianment purposes I hope that he goes back when his parole expires.
Posted By: Vigil

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 04/14/13 04:33 AM

Skinny Joey is the man. No doubt about it!
Posted By: cheech

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 04/14/13 01:54 PM

I say leave the poor bastard alone. Guy did his time. Who gives a fuck what he's doing now. Just another ex gangster in south Florida. No news to me. Plus he answered maybe four questions throughout the whole article. It's basically George writing the same shit over and over. Unless you woke up this morning and didn't know Joey was the article doesn't say much except skins wearing two wires and Joey getting the tapes from Ligambi's lawyer

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 04/14/13 02:00 PM

Originally Posted By: cheech
I say leave the poor bastard alone. Guy did his time.

Not enough. He got away with all the murders. If I had killed somebody, I would have gotten life, because I don't have the right connections and criminal capabilities, so why should he be left alone? Just because he is smart and knows how to behave himself in public? Nearly everybody else is doing life or some decades, so why make an exception for him? The only reason to defend him I can understand is that with Merlino gone, somebody worse than him might take his place.
Posted By: reginald_denny

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 04/14/13 02:00 PM

I say leave the poor bastard alone. Guy did his time. Who gives a fuck what he's doing now. Just another ex gangster in south Florida. No news to me. Plus he answered maybe four questions throughout the whole article. It's basically George writing the same shit over and over. Unless you woke up this morning and didn't know Joey was the article doesn't say much except skins wearing two wires and Joey getting the tapes from Ligambi's lawyer
i agree your very smart cheech.

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 04/14/13 02:43 PM

One thing you have to admit its not like these were back room deals between lawyers and judges or whatever.Like Merlino did say himself he faced the jury on numerous occasions and one time would have been all it would have taken for them to say guilty instead of not-proven and then he would be away for life.When somebody said they would be away for life for committing a murder,that's probably because any witness would most likely have some sort of credibility but the witness's the feds are putting on the stand to testify to these murders are just not believeable according to the jury.Merlino has had guys like Ralph Natale and Tommy Scafidi.You remember the famous line when the judge asked Scafidi what year he graduated high school and he said ''my senior your honor.''That says it all.

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 04/14/13 02:54 PM

One thing you have to admit its not like these were back room deals between lawyers and judges or whatever.Like Merlino did say himself he faced the jury on numerous occasions and one time would have been all it would have taken for them to say guilty instead of not-proven and then he would be away for life.When somebody said they would be away for life for committing a murder,that's probably because any witness would most likely have some sort of credibility but the witness's the feds are putting on the stand to testify to these murders are just not believeable according to the jury.Merlino has had guys like Ralph Natale and Tommy Scafidi.You remember the famous line when the judge asked Scafidi what year he graduated high school and he said ''my senior your honor.''That says it all.

I don't blame the jurors, if they say the witnesses were not credible, it was probably so. But that doesn't he mean we have to blindly believe he didn't do it just because of that, so if the law enforcement doesn't want to leave him alone and maybe wants to find better proof of his old crimes I can't blame them either.

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 04/14/13 03:51 PM

Oh,by no means am I saying he is innocent and I feel like he also got away with it.But like you said its the way its being presented or something,he actually had to beat 1 murder charge[Sodano] twice in front of 2 different juries so something is drastically wrong.I mean Joey could be three things now,dead[for as many hits that were tried on him]prison for life,or like he is now.Its not like he;s led a complete 100% charmed life,I mean he has spent like 67% of his adult life behind bars.He's 51 and I'm going on being an adult at 21 so that's 30 yrs. of which 20 have been spent incarcerated.That doesn't necessisarily make him ''Teflon Joey''

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 04/14/13 04:12 PM

Not enough. He got away with all the murders. If I had killed somebody, I would have gotten life, because I don't have the right connections and criminal capabilities, so why should he be left alone? Just because he is smart and knows how to behave himself in public? Nearly everybody else is doing life or some decades, so why make an exception for him? The only reason to defend him I can understand is that with Merlino gone, somebody worse than him might take his place.

I respect your opinion but disagree. Jury says not guilty it's not guilty. I'm saying leave him alone by stop talking about him. I'm sure he loves the attention. Let him be. All the talk about him makes it worse. I'm saying lets stop glorifying this two bit dime store hustler as some one special.

Respect
Posted By: LittleNicky

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 04/14/13 06:03 PM

I respect your opinion but disagree. Jury says not guilty it's not guilty. I'm saying leave him alone by stop talking about him. I'm sure he loves the attention. Let him be. All the talk about him makes it worse. I'm saying lets stop glorifying this two bit dime store hustler as some one special.

Respect

Not that I disagree about leaving the man alone, but when a jury says "not guilty" they mean the prosecutor didn't provide evidence beyond a reasonable doubt. They don't mean that metaphysically the defendant didn't commit the crime. Beyond a reasonable doubt is a extremely high burden of proof (as compared to civil trials where the evidence is preponderance of evidence, 50% and a feather)- that generally reflects on the prosecution's work in a mob case rather than whether they are really guilty or not. God isn't going to put the writing on the wall.

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 04/14/13 07:05 PM

ok so lets say for arguments sake hes a murderer...now what?

respect little nicky

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 04/15/13 10:54 PM

Leave him alone, I agree.

Respect cheech
Posted By: MJS1234

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 04/15/13 11:04 PM

Respect

Excuse me... You have the balls to call him a two bit dime store hustler when he's made more green than you and a bunch of guys on this forum will make In your entire fuckin lives.

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 04/16/13 12:01 AM

I apologize for offending you. From what I've read about him it ain't so flattering. I don't know him personally but sounds like you do. Tell Joey I'm sorry and good luck.
Posted By: SiciNy

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 04/16/13 12:16 AM

Stanfa shoulda murdered that punk
Posted By: SiciNy

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 04/16/13 12:16 AM

i kno he tried several times but he shoulda saw it thru

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 04/16/13 02:03 AM

Originally Posted By: MJS1234

Respect

Excuse me... You have the balls to call him a two bit dime store hustler when he's made more green than you and a bunch of guys on this forum will make In your entire fuckin lives.

Last thing ill say directly to you. I bet his kids and wife wish he had less balls and wasn't on an iron vacation almost half his adult life. Myself I'd rather have a dollar than miss my kids growing up. I don't begrudge a man trying to make a living but ask some of the people he has hurt be it victims or his own family and I bet they see it differenty. I respect your opinion though and wish you nothing but success and happiness my friend. We just happen to see things differently.

Respect my friend

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 04/16/13 02:06 AM

Last thing ill say directly to you. I bet his kids and wife wish he had less balls and wasn't on an iron vacation almost half his adult life. Myself I'd rather have a dollar than miss my kids growing up. I don't begrudge a man trying to make a living but ask some of the people he has hurt be it victims or his own family and I bet they see it differenty. I respect your opinion though and wish you nothing but success and happiness my friend. We just happen to see things differently.

Respect my friend

Here I agree completely.
Posted By: marine

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 04/16/13 04:42 AM

Hey cheech take your mouth off of all the cock and balls of all the mobsters who ever existed...! we know you have every mob tape on file and alaphabetic order...But plain and simple stop suckin mob boy dick and swallowing...believe me you dont look good but imagine you in real life...You couldnt even make the girls basketball team in hs like most of you mobsters or wannabees ....Your a wannna bee punk mob boy follower.....How does the yum yum taste...?

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 04/16/13 04:46 AM

Oh you drink yum yum also ....freakin wannabee

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 04/16/13 05:48 AM

Your a nice lady and i totaly respect your views..ok..but there are a few yum yum boys here.. can you please tell them to wipe thier mouth off when thier done sukin off merlino or some other mob boy.. or learn to slurp and swallow everything so nobody knows...SHHHHHH.... Respest your views alot reginald..
RESPECT everyone RESPECT
Posted By: dsbaloo

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 04/16/13 06:00 AM

Where did cheech ever come off as being some mob fanboy? Sorry buddy marine but I've never seen it once on here.. You're a little pumped up tonight.. Take it easy. Cheech said nothing directly to you to comment at him like that.. RESPECT!!!!!

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 04/16/13 10:42 AM

where is sc??!!

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 04/16/13 01:12 PM

marine, i really dont even know what youre talking about...sure was ammusing though.

respect

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 04/16/13 02:26 PM

As far as the comment that Joey has made more green in his life than most is very questionable.He's been known to be on the receiving end of a lot of treats.Its a known fact that Roger Vella and Peter Volpe just hung with Merlino to say ''hey I'm with Joey''and Joey knew where the money was coming from but he didn't care.Never paid the bookies,blew through the money his dad left before going to prison so where was this earning power.His buddy paid him for a no-show job as a salesman.Everybody wanted to ''hang'' with Joey and they paid their way.This does not make him a bad guy at all,in fact to me he had balls and never ratted on anybody.But as far as him being this big time earner I have to question that.
Posted By: cookcounty

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 04/16/13 09:12 PM

doesn't sound like a guy that still has juice

i'm sure the mafia in philly like the way things have been without him

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 04/16/13 10:15 PM

I don't know through it all I always liked his attitude,he had shortcomings like everybody else but he seems like a real loyal guy and if he's your friend then he's your friend.Seems like an everyday guy and very approachahable not like most with that its all about me attitude.He is a survivor you got to say that.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 04/17/13 12:00 AM

Originally Posted By: marine
Hey cheech take your mouth off of all the cock and balls of all the mobsters who ever existed...! we know you have every mob tape on file and alaphabetic order...But plain and simple stop suckin mob boy dick and swallowing...believe me you dont look good but imagine you in real life...You couldnt even make the girls basketball team in hs like most of you mobsters or wannabees ....Your a wannna bee punk mob boy follower.....How does the yum yum taste...?

Completely uncalled for. In Cheech's short time on this board he's proven himself to be a total gentleman. And for the record, he's no fanboy at all. I can attest to that.

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 04/17/13 12:18 AM

I agree Pizzaboy that was way over the top,that time of morning that's what you get,like somebody said where was SC,he used to jump on guys for saying a curse word.
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 04/17/13 04:12 AM

Originally Posted By: marine
Hey cheech take your mouth off of all the cock and let me get a full mouthful!

marine is on a week's vacation, and hopefully will learn to be less vulgar.
Posted By: azguy

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 04/17/13 06:38 PM

Originally Posted By: cookcounty
doesn't sound like a guy that still has juice

i'm sure the mafia in philly like the way things have been without him

I disagree, I think he's just laying low especially of he has a "no contact" list.
Posted By: SilentPartnerz

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 04/17/13 07:00 PM

Joe Sodano refused to pay Joey Merlino the proper amount of tribute. Joey Merlino had Joe Sodano killed for it. Joey has young guys loyal to him in Philly. If he can't get the his young guys to shoot someone, Joey will do it himself. He is a stone killer.
Posted By: paprincess

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/12/13 03:26 PM

PMAC,
not saying whether Joe is the boss or not, but there are plenty of ways to work from home and manage shops, restaurants, whatever.. just think, camera's, digital video recorders, iphone applications etc.. as far as the larger "security guard" on this forum from florida, I noticed he posted a picture and called Joey "a rat" whenever I hear the term rat I remember the saying "the rat gets the cheese" cheese costs money and makes you fat... looks like he's been sitting around watching Joey for years, those who can do, those who can't simply sit back and watch everybody else. As far as the comment somewhere in this forum saying Joey is a stone cold killer, anybody when put in a bad situation will react.. think of the children in the story lord of the flies...with that in mind my favorite slogan of the month is "fuck a nigga.. marry a hustler" anyway have a great week people! wink
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/12/13 04:54 PM

Originally Posted By: paprincess
PMAC,
not saying whether Joe is the boss or not, but there are plenty of ways to work from home and manage shops, restaurants, whatever.. just think, camera's, digital video recorders, iphone applications etc.. as far as the larger "security guard" on this forum from florida, I noticed he posted a picture and called Joey "a rat" whenever I hear the term rat I remember the saying "the rat gets the cheese" cheese costs money and makes you fat... looks like he's been sitting around watching Joey for years, those who can do, those who can't simply sit back and watch everybody else. As far as the comment somewhere in this forum saying Joey is a stone cold killer, anybody when put in a bad situation will react.. think of the children in the story lord of the flies...with that in mind my favorite slogan of the month is "fuck a nigga.. marry a hustler" anyway have a great week people! wink

Hey Princess nice post real classy on Mother's Day. If you are I'll send you a belated gift so you can wash your mouth out with soap, talk like a f'n truck driver panic
Posted By: spmob

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/13/13 04:46 PM

So what ever happened to Damions brother or sister that was posting on here to? After that verdict it was a wrap for her.
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/13/13 06:24 PM

Originally Posted By: spmob
So what ever happened to Damions brother or sister that was posting on here to? After that verdict it was a wrap for her.

He draws pictures of mobsters on the boardwalk you can your face superimposed on them. He operates on the Ocean City Boardwalk

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/22/13 12:53 AM

Mother's Day???? Your a week off on the dates hun... I see you didn't like my slogan? Well I found it quite witty..what's your address.. I'll have it put on a muscle t and fed ex'd to ya overnight smile
Posted By: Camarel

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/22/13 12:59 AM

Mother's Day???? Your a week off on the dates hun... I see you didn't like my slogan? Well I found it quite witty..what's your address.. I'll have it put on a muscle t and fed ex'd to ya overnight smile

He posted that on Mothers Day confused
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/23/13 01:03 AM

I was thinking the same thing, once his brother was convicted (which I predicted) he vanished.
Posted By: cornuto_e_contento

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/01/14 08:54 PM

I agree with your post. He got a slap on the wrist but he probably became a snitch and that's why he got away with it.

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/01/14 09:45 PM

Originally Posted By: cornuto_e_contento

I agree with your post. He got a slap on the wrist but he probably became a snitch and that's why he got away with it.

Donny, you're out of your element

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/02/14 05:27 PM

You guys have got to stop throwing snitch around like its nothing. SMH. I don't get it

You know what, it's the guys calling ppl rats that are the rats

Nicky good to see you back, respect.

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/02/14 05:37 PM

You guys have got to stop throwing snitch around like its nothing. SMH. I don't get it

You know what, it's the guys calling ppl rats that are the rats

Nicky good to see you back, respect.

Speak for yourself. I'm not a snitch or rat.

As for Joey boi he got a slap on the wrist so it's clear he probably did make some sort of deal or told them something even if he claims he did not.

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/02/14 05:48 PM

Slap on the wrist? Pleas explain that one

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/02/14 05:53 PM

As for Joey boi he got a slap on the wrist so it's clear he probably did make some sort of deal or told them something even if he claims he did not.

The guy did ten years. He beat the most serious charges back in 2001 and the Feds will have a hard-on for him for the rest of his life because of it. Hardly a slap on the wrist.

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/02/14 05:56 PM

Slap on the wrist? Pleas explain that one

See Dwalin2011's post that I quoted in a reply above.

I guess he must have had an excellent lawyer or paid a lot of money to the judge and prosecution. Or paid off, or intimidated jurors.

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/02/14 06:00 PM

I'm not even going to distinguish that with an answer. You are an obvious troll

Good day

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/02/14 06:06 PM

I'm not even going to distinguish that with an answer. You are an obvious troll

Good day

Nope. I'm not a "troll" I just know how these things work.

Also don't think for a second that Sr. Merlino is LOL "done with the criminal life" or that he didn't order hits or isn't responsible for killing people if you actually believe all of that, I have trillions of miles of swamp land for sale in Arizona and Nevada. Buy now while you have the opportunity! wink

Why does it seem like you and a few other people in this thread worship Merlino and think he was not "really a bad guy" or other BS like claiming he deserves "respect"? For those that think that Merlino is a "stand up guy" or deserves "respect" I have some shocking news: If you were on fire he would not piss on you.

Merlino is small time anyway. Giovanni Stanfa was correct it is "like Kindergarten over here" when compared to what it is like in Sicily and mainland Italy.

Originally Posted By: SilentPartnerz

Joe Sodano refused to pay Joey Merlino the proper amount of tribute. Joey Merlino had Joe Sodano killed for it. Joey has young guys loyal to him in Philly. If he can't get the his young guys to shoot someone, Joey will do it himself. He is a stone killer.

Finally someone who knows the truth about Sr. M and doesn't want to lick his balls.

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/02/14 06:35 PM

Sir. Re-read this thread again and see where I worship him. I called him a two bit dime store hood and said we shouldn't even pay attention to him

If you're not a troll than your reading comprehension skills leaves a lot to be desired.

Enjoy derby day tomorrow
Posted By: USICILIANU

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/03/14 09:32 AM

He wasn't very serious as a boss though... He wasn't paying the bookmakers when he lost, but collected the money when he won... Tells everything about the guy...
Posted By: jipjones

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/03/14 03:09 PM

Dude ur an idiot Joey never snitched ne one out he didn't cut ne deal!! if Joey Flipped it wd of been in all the papers excedera dude he wd hav to testify against ppl admit to murders hes done excedera.. Joey did like 12 years and 3 years supervided release.. He wdnt be in the pic still if he was a rat!!
Posted By: mackinblack007

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/03/14 03:56 PM

God we have some dumb fucks on this forum, do you REALLY believe he snitched because he was found on guilty in a murder trial? that shit gets thrown around way to much, paper work or shut the fuck up.

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/03/14 04:01 PM

Originally Posted By: mackinblack007
God we have some dumb fucks on this forum, do you REALLY believe he snitched because he was found on guilty in a murder trial? that shit gets thrown around way to much, paper work or shut the fuck up.

He's deliberately obtuse when he wants to be rolleyes.

When you secretly make a deal, you don't do twelve years. End of story. And I'm a 50 plus year Bronx guy. I don't even have a dog in this fight (The Philly Family).
Posted By: SonnyL

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/03/14 04:08 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

He's deliberately obtuse when he wants to be rolleyes.

When you secretly make a deal, you don't do twelve years. End of story. And I'm a 50 plus year Bronx guy. I don't even have a dog in this fight (The Philly Family).

Exactly, he beat those murders because no juror was going to believe the testimony of ralph natale. Infact a juror even told Anastasia that there was no way they were believing natale.

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/03/14 05:15 PM

Believe what you want to believe, and I'll believe what everyone else knows to be true about Sr. M.

LOL do you really think there would be "paperwork" or any sort of notarized documents/records, or public record of any sort of deal he did where he paid off a judge, prosecution lawyer, jury members, intimidated jurors, or had other people do this?

As for Anastasia he's an amateur and intentionally plays ignorant to a lot of things.

It would not surprise me if when he was locked up Sr. Merlino became some man or mens' puta, or they ran a train on him. Or he had to pay people a lot of money or drugs so they would not do this to him.
Posted By: Merlinofan1970

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/03/14 07:02 PM

According to Philly.com past stories, Merlino did 14 outa 15 sentenced years. Now will you all stop bickering n fighting?

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/03/14 09:16 PM

Anastasia is not an amateur... he is actually a very good historian.. I believe there are a lot of people that have stabbed or attempted to stab somebody who have gone to prison and eventually been released after time served. This goes to show a lack of resources and good education in that particular area of Philadelphia at that particular time. Why is anyone here looking for a lawyer or more legal advise?
Posted By: Wilson101

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/04/14 12:45 AM

Trolls are really a drag on this forum
Posted By: carmela

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/04/14 09:09 PM

Well people that are in my world would consider doing an interview one step away from being a rat. Talking about the Kardashians and doing a reality show? What next? The book? The movie? Please.

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/04/14 09:12 PM

Originally Posted By: carmela
Well people that are in my world would consider doing an interview one step away from being a rat. Talking about the Kardashians and doing a reality show? What next? The book? The movie? Please.

Joey has a Kardashian ass, so he has that going for him.

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/04/14 11:03 PM

What??? Joey got voted most beautiful ass of the year in 2010 like Kim?? loll! Philly needs some variety I think...

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/04/14 11:06 PM

What??? Joey got voted most beautiful ass of the year in 2010 like Kim?? loll! Philly needs some variety I think...

It wouldn't be surprising if Joey's cula had a lot of action while he was in prison, and he became what's called a power bottom or totalmente pasivo while he was mens' prison puta.
Posted By: carmela

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/04/14 11:09 PM

He looks like a fucking oompa loompa. Front and back. Done.

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/04/14 11:24 PM

Originally Posted By: carmela
He looks like a fucking oompa loompa. Front and back. Done.

!Que burta! I saw a person on this site who claimed to be a woman who said JM was "sexy" or "hot" and I don't see it.
Posted By: LaLouisiane

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/06/14 06:21 PM

Believe what you want to believe, and I'll believe what everyone else knows to be true about Sr. M.

LOL do you really think there would be "paperwork" or any sort of notarized documents/records, or public record of any sort of deal he did where he paid off a judge, prosecution lawyer, jury members, intimidated jurors, or had other people do this?

As for Anastasia he's an amateur and intentionally plays ignorant to a lot of things.

It would not surprise me if when he was locked up Sr. Merlino became some man or mens' puta, or they ran a train on him. Or he had to pay people a lot of money or drugs so they would not do this to him.

This is why I refuse to answer your PM's.

If you have any shred of evidence that Merlino is a turncoat, please do show us. Otherwise if you won't say it to his face, don't say it on here, no one appreciates an internet tough guy.

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/06/14 10:18 PM

Originally Posted By: LaLouisiane

If you have any shred of evidence that Merlino is a turncoat, please do show us. Otherwise if you won't say it to his face, don't say it on here, no one appreciates an internet tough guy.

What's your point?

It's obvious JM is a rat and cut a deal with a judge, jury, paid someone off with a large amount of cash, had witnesses or jurors intimidated, etc. Yes this stuff does happen. Do you really think they keep documents or paperwork for it? lol Declare that huge amount of cash to the IRS?

I do not need to say that to JM's face since everyone knows it's true about him. He got a slap on the wrist. But eventually he'll be convicted of murder, and put back into prison where he belongs. Merlino is small time anyway. Stanfa was correct that someone like Merlino wouldn't survive in Italy and that it's "like Kindergarten" in the United States when it comes to OC or la famiglia.

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/06/14 10:39 PM

What's your point?

It's obvious JM is a rat and cut a deal with a judge, jury, paid someone off with a large amount of cash, had witnesses or jurors intimidated, etc. Yes this stuff does happen. Do you really think they keep documents or paperwork for it? lol Declare that huge amount of cash to the IRS?

I do not need to say that to JM's face since everyone knows it's true about him. He got a slap on the wrist. But eventually he'll be convicted of murder, and put back into prison where he belongs. Merlino is small time anyway. Stanfa was correct that someone like Merlino wouldn't survive in Italy and that it's "like Kindergarten" in the United States when it comes to OC or la famiglia.

As Stanfa would say, your posts are of kindergarten quality.

Seriously you are talking out of your ass. Your understanding of the case and general understanding of how the legal system works is ridiculously bad.
Posted By: Dellacroce

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/06/14 10:41 PM

great another moron rolleyes

how exactly did merlino get a slap on the wrist? he was acquitted of the murder and drug charges and found guilty of racketeering and his 15 year sentence was pretty normal.

and with regards to the stanfa comments…say what you want about merlino cause most if it is true(except for him being a rat), but as far as Merlino not being able to make it in italy, yeah thats probably true, but Stanfa was so arrogant he couldn't even hack it in the "kindergarden mob" he was referring to.

just curious cornuto, i know you posted your mexican or some shit but where are you from that makes you so clueless?

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/06/14 10:57 PM

Originally Posted By: LittleNicky

What's your point?

As Stanfa would say, your posts are of kindergarten quality.

Seriously you are talking out of your ass. Your understanding of the case and general understanding of how the legal system works is ridiculously bad.

And you're some sort of expert? lol

It's difficult to take anyone who uses characters/actors from the TV show the Sopranos seriously.

Either way if you think that what I posted about does not happen in the United States you're not living in reality.

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/06/14 10:59 PM

What the fuck are you talking about

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/06/14 11:06 PM

i think he was talking to me, cause i have a soprano as my avatar, as if that means anything….its just a fucking avatar. its pretty difficult for me to take ignorant mexicans seriously and your posts aren't helping me overcome that.
Posted By: ThatsLife215

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/07/14 11:40 PM

He was never convicted of any violent crime and all his time was done in Max security prisons. What kind of deal did he make? Jerkoff

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/08/14 12:37 AM

Originally Posted By: ThatsLife215
He was never convicted of any violent crime and all his time was done in Max security prisons. What kind of deal did he make? Jerkoff

A lot goes on in Max security prisons. Why are people defending JM as though he's not a bad guy, got a bad deal, was thrown under the bus, etc.? When he's a rat and probably has killed people and did attack people with the intention of killing them. Either way he got a slap on the wrist, and some people got intimidated or paid off with a lot of cash.

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/08/14 12:43 AM

A lot goes on in Max security prisons. Why are people defending JM as though he's not a bad guy, got a bad deal, was thrown under the bus, etc.? When he's a rat and probably has killed people and did attack people with the intention of killing them. Either way he got a slap on the wrist, and some people got intimidated or paid off with a lot of cash.

Well make up your mind is he a rat or someone who got to a jury. Those things are totally different. He was never convicted of murder or a violent act and still did all his time. being a bad guy and being a rat again are two different things.

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/08/14 01:20 AM

A lot goes on in Max security prisons. They do not keep the people inside that safe or secure from other people; but just make it so they can't escape. Why are people defending JM as though he's not a bad guy, got a bad deal, was thrown under the bus, etc.? When he's a rat and probably has killed people and did attack people with the intention of killing them. Either way he got a slap on the wrist, and some people got intimidated or paid off with a lot of cash.

Well make up your mind is he a rat or someone who got to a jury. Those things are totally different. He was never convicted of murder or a violent act and still did all his time. being a bad guy and being a rat again are two different things.

Possibly both; but he's a criminal so it shouldn't be a surprise. I'm leaning more towards the rat at this moment in time with this post...but I can totally see him or other people intimidating jury members or paying people off so he'd get a slap on the wrist like how he did. Either way I don't expect him to be someone who never sees the inside of a prison or jail cell ever again.
Posted By: jipjones

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/08/14 09:00 AM

Once again if Joey was a rat It wd be in all the papers he would have to plead guilty to all his crimes he did in life including murder and he would have to testify against people!! and The jury was probably an anonymous jury anyway u moron and I don't c the Philly Family getting to the jury especially Merlino's crew! Once again Merlino was aquited of the most serious charges against him!! If he was a rat they wouldn't be asking questions if hes still in da game if he was a rat hed be out!! ur an idiot!
Posted By: HandsomeStevie

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/08/14 10:54 AM

Every single thread I go into this guy is talking all kinds of nonsense. Its people like that that make me not even come on this website no more. And I really like this site. .. Ay Cornuto. What is your deal? Did Merlino rough you up as a kid and this is your way of gettin revenge? Im not trying to offend you I am just really wondering why you say Merlino is a rat, when he just did 14 years and parole, and beat all his serious charges?
Posted By: kiladelphia_pistolvania

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/08/14 04:05 PM

Cornuto..If he was a rat why would the fbi be sending Steffanelli down there to entrap him? Stop smoking PCP bro. 12 years is no light sentence. If he ratted he woulda walked after two years. Remember he wasn't found guilty of murder just RICO. and no way he bought a jury. If he did it woulda been a mistrial because the juror he bought woulda voted not guilty. The jury didn't believe Natale plain and simple.

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/08/14 04:58 PM

Possibly both; but he's a criminal so it shouldn't be a surprise. I'm leaning more towards the rat at this moment in time with this post...

so in other words your just talking out of your ass rolleyes

?Que Pasa Pendejo? (yeah i know one of those question marks is supposed to be upside down but my keyboard doesn't speak mexican)

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/08/14 05:03 PM

Originally Posted By: HandsomeStevie
Every single thread I go into this guy is talking all kinds of nonsense. Its people like that that make me not even come on this website no more. And I really like this site. .. Ay Cornuto. What is your deal? Did Merlino rough you up as a kid and this is your way of gettin revenge? Im not trying to offend you I am just really wondering why you say Merlino is a rat, when he just did 14 years and parole, and beat all his serious charges?

Originally Posted By: kiladelphia_pistolvania
Cornuto..If he was a rat why would the fbi be sending Steffanelli down there to entrap him? Stop smoking PCP bro. 12 years is no light sentence. If he ratted he woulda walked after two years. Remember he wasn't found guilty of murder just RICO. and no way he bought a jury. If he did it woulda been a mistrial because the juror he bought woulda voted not guilty. The jury didn't believe Natale plain and simple.

Originally Posted By: Dellacroce

?Que Pasa Pendejo? (yeah i know one of those question marks is supposed to be upside down but my keyboard doesn't speak mexican)

All three of you guys are quality posters, but you're giving this guy the attention that he craves. Don't feed the trolls wink .
Posted By: MikeyO

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/08/14 09:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Dellacroce

Possibly both; but he's a criminal so it shouldn't be a surprise. I'm leaning more towards the rat at this moment in time with this post...

Your keyboard only speaks Italian right

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/08/14 11:15 PM

JM did cut a deal, ratted, and got a slap on the wrist. Why do you think he received a 14 year sentence, instead of 25-30 years, or more? Anyone else would have received had they been charged with what he had.

@HSteve-I'm not even from the East Coast. However it is obvious to everyone that knows anything about OC that Merlino is a rat and did cut a deal, or bought a judge or jury or two or had someone else do this for him.

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/08/14 11:19 PM

JM did cut a deal, ratted, and got a slap on the wrist. Why do you think he received a 14 year sentence, instead of 25-30 years, or more-which anyone else would have received had they been charged with what he had.

You gotta give it a rest, Cornuto. You're alienating everyone here.

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/08/14 11:30 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

JM did cut a deal, ratted, and got a slap on the wrist. Why do you think he received a 14 year sentence, instead of 25-30 years, or more-which anyone else would have received had they been charged with what he had.

You gotta give it a rest, Cornuto. You're alienating everyone here.

OK Let's switch the topic then.
Posted By: LaLouisiane

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/09/14 11:39 AM

JM did cut a deal, ratted, and got a slap on the wrist. Why do you think he received a 14 year sentence, instead of 25-30 years, or more? Anyone else would have received had they been charged with what he had.

@HSteve-I'm not even from the East Coast. However it is obvious to everyone that knows anything about OC that Merlino is a rat and did cut a deal, or bought a judge or jury or two or had someone else do this for him.

I'm calling dibs on this for the "Post Of The Year Thread" whenever it comes up.
Posted By: realjoey1

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/09/14 12:16 PM

this is great stuff guys sounds like you got all the angles covered with what im doin these days keep up the good work.

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/09/14 12:32 PM

Originally Posted By: realjoey1
this is great stuff guys sounds like you got all the angles covered with what im doin these days keep up the good work.

Welcome, Joey. How's Boca? grin

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/09/14 12:37 PM

Hey Joey I delivered some grocery's to Rita's house boy does she still love her pineapples

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/09/14 02:12 PM

bocas nice lots of sunshine and fresh air not like the philly rat race be well
Posted By: spmob

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/09/14 02:16 PM

Yo Joe how much you lose on the Flyers this year?

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/09/14 02:24 PM

Yo Joe how much you lose on the Flyers this year?

Joey your boy Tommy B he git got in the last year or two how you feel about that you shed a tear for your boi! No more turkeys in the hood

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/09/14 02:44 PM

gambling is illegal gotta go

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/09/14 11:09 PM

Joey how you doing cugine?

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/09/14 11:19 PM

Joey how you doing cugine?

Joey can't talk right now stevie...he's out hiting on wealthy white rich guys tonight

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/09/14 11:21 PM

LOL your probably right

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/09/14 11:23 PM

Stevie Mazzones envelopes aren't big enough for the lifestyle joeys got going in Florida.. I wonder if Joey is still placing bets and not paying... or does he have his rich boys paying for that too!
Posted By: JoeyBologna1234

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/10/14 06:26 AM

Some seriously smoked out people on here as usual Joey MaNgo Is NOT an Informant.

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/10/14 08:09 PM

Fucking Joey... IF that was him... acting all calm and collected... LOLLL ok so who said he wasn't convicted of any violent crimes? Don't forget the FBI files DID say he STABBED someone.. that is quite violent in my humble opinion... and such a non clean way to incapacitate somebody... I'd rather shoot them in their thigh and hope they get the HINT and remove themselves from my presence. I've seen pictures of the bad sections of Sicily I wouldn't last 3 days at most!!

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/11/14 04:03 AM

Fucking Joey... IF that was him... acting all calm and collected... LOLLL ok so who said he wasn't convicted of any violent crimes? Don't forget the FBI files DID say he STABBED someone.. that is quite violent in my humble opinion... and such a non clean way to incapacitate somebody... I'd rather shoot them in their thigh and hope they get the HINT and remove themselves from my presence. I've seen pictures of the bad sections of Sicily I wouldn't last 3 days at most!!

I'm not saying he didnt commit any. I said convicted of, its a big difference lol
Posted By: gram6814

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/12/14 12:11 PM

Yo Joe, just like pay phones and everything else computers are tapped be careful what you write.

How you doing my man?

Anybody make a deep fried panzarotti down there?

Stay away from those young broads unless you have a hat full of Viagra!

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/12/14 12:41 PM

Originally Posted By: gram6814
Yo Joe, just like pay phones and everything else computers are tapped be careful what you write.

How you doing my man?

LMAO! You realise that wasn't really him, right?
Posted By: merlino

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/12/14 12:57 PM

How you doing my man?

Seriously? I thought it was a french model

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/12/14 01:23 PM

Originally Posted By: merlino

How you doing my man?

Seriously? I thought it was a french model

Joey Le Pew whistle.

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/13/14 07:35 PM

LOLLL Joey Le Pew... I have to admit the author of that post totally reminds me of Pepe Le Pew... so pathetic it's slightly cute but creepy... that guy seriously needs to get a life of his own...
Posted By: JoeyBologna1234

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/15/14 03:56 AM

Damn a lot of people all over Joey MaNgo's balls has a huge part of society gone queer these days? What's up with that new NFL queer and his partner?! Face palm : / I bet some of you would full blown shit your pants If you chilled with him all types of weird shit going on In your head you'd be sweating through your shirt + pants. Joey would then realize that you have tiny pebble sized balls.

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/15/14 01:45 PM

Originally Posted By: JoeyBologna1234
Damn a lot of people all over Joey MaNgo's balls has a huge part of society gone queer these days? What's up with that new NFL queer and his partner?! Face palm : / I bet some of you would full blown shit your pants If you chilled with him all types of weird shit going on In your head you'd be sweating through your shirt + pants. Joey would then realize that you have tiny pebble sized balls.

lol Is this supposed to be trolling from a closet queen?

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/15/14 04:12 PM

LOLLL! did you see the NFL players lover??? he was soooo thrilled his MAN gets to play with the other big boys and bring him home some fruity pebbles...

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/17/14 11:40 PM

So like I said before joeys wifes house in nj was for sale..turns out joey is not coming back to philly or nj.. His wife and youngest daughter are moving down to florida with him in august.. I found that pretty interesting.. Got to say that prison bid smartned him up.. Seems like he plans on staying far away from philly and I don't blame him.. Eventhough I believe he is the boss.. Bet right now he's just praying nicodemo doesn't flip an ruin his life.. Instead of moving his wife and daughter down to florida he could be moving back to federal prison for life.m

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/17/14 11:49 PM

Originally Posted By: dsbaloo
So like I said before joeys wifes house in nj was for sale..turns out joey is not coming back to philly or nj.. His wife and youngest daughter are moving down to florida with him in august.. I found that pretty interesting.. Got to say that prison bid smartned him up.. Seems like he plans on staying far away from philly and I don't blame him.. Eventhough I believe he is the boss.. Bet right now he's just praying nicodemo doesn't flip an ruin his life.. Instead of moving his wife and daughter down to florida he could be moving back to federal prison for life.m

I would not be surprised if he winds back in prison where people and rats like him belong.

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/18/14 12:28 AM

The guy might be a lot of things. But he's no fucking rat. You need to give it a rest with that bullshit, talking out of your ass like an idiot anytime merlinos name is mentioned. Did he beat you up as a child or something? Fuck your girlfriend?? You have some strange deep rooted resentment towards him its kind of creepy.

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/18/14 12:42 AM

dsbaloo- I said the same thing a couple weeks ago...I would just ignore him. He dont know anything except what he read on wikipedia and news articles that are 20 years old. Honestly I dont even read his posts anymore because its all nonsense.

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/18/14 12:44 AM

dsbaloo- I said the same thing a couple weeks ago...I would just ignore him. He dont know anything except what he read on wikipedia and news articles that are 20 years old. Honestly I dont even read his posts anymore because its all nonsense.

Yeah...as if what you post is actually accurate and factual. lol He got a slap on the wrist and got away with murder but he is a rat and he'll be back in his cage soon enough.

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/18/14 08:08 PM

ANYWAY

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/18/14 11:42 PM

Eh... you guys shouldn't really be talking about the wife and kid's and where they live anyway... what some guy may or may not have gotten away with is one thing but I'd rather see the guy working and supporting the family than "back in a cage" that we as American's pay for. we're spending too much time watching and analyzing one person's move. who gives a f*ck where he lives? at least he ain't sitting around like that overweight cousin of his with the gambling license. That guy prob get's PAID.. no jack in the box 99 cent tacos for him... I still think that Lamborghini was a rental... lolll

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/19/14 12:02 AM

I didn't mean to put his family on blast like that. I fully agree they should be left out of it.. I just mentioned it because there has been a ton of talk about joey coming back to philly once his restrictions were up.. So I figured I would put all that speculation to rest. He's staying in boca..
And yeah the ferrari was probably borrowed from some rich white guy having a mid-life crisis who would probably let joey borrow his wife and his underwear if he asked.. Plus now joey is driving a rolls royce.

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/19/14 08:36 PM

I always get my cars mixed up... loll!!! BTW Joe's car is no longer just the Rolls Royce, if he even drives one still... I think they got a Bentley too... who knows what the heck he is doing on a daily basis maybe he's working at a car dealership... whatever... enterprise rent a car let's you rent a Mercedes for a pretty good weekend rate too these days... cheaper than if you rented a Volkswagen or even Fedele's mom's old Datson... loll I like Anastasia he makes me laugh...

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/19/14 08:39 PM

Gross mid life crisis men hoe's who would rent out underwear and wives... wrinkling my nose...

Re: Joey Merlino gives interview - 05/19/14 08:44 PM

Here we have guys on here comparing Joey Merlino to John Stamous when it reality if there down Boca they should be on the beach looking for uncle jesse!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET