Home

the way mobsters dress?

Posted By: MeyerLansky

the way mobsters dress? - 03/21/13 02:10 PM

why mobsters dosent wear suits anymore ive seen in shows alot of them wear tracksuits i dont sure maybe they wear suits and i am wrong but how modren mobster dress?
Posted By: bronx

Re: the way mobsters dress? - 03/21/13 02:18 PM

Sign of the times, erosion of the life shows in how they dress now..me generation..
Posted By: BlackFamily

Re: the way mobsters dress? - 03/21/13 02:27 PM

It seems they dress according to the general public. There is always the suits image that is conjure up but back in those days that was the casual wear, the general public wore suits then.
Posted By: cheech

Re: the way mobsters dress? - 03/21/13 02:55 PM

ever see old pictures of ball games? the crowd is all dressed to the 9's...different times
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: the way mobsters dress? - 03/21/13 02:59 PM

Originally Posted By: cheech
ever see old pictures of ball games? the crowd is all dressed to the 9's...different times

Good analogy. But I personally think things were better when people got dressed up for things (not just mobsters, of course).

When I was growing up we wore suits to Church on a regular Sunday, week in and week out. Today it could be Easter Sunday and you have people showing up in khakis and golf shirts. And the worst part is, they think they got dressed up.

Just using Church as an example. I could go on and on.
Posted By: SnickersMagillicutti

Re: the way mobsters dress? - 03/21/13 03:26 PM

Depends on the person and many do it just because the majority of people nowadays dress down. Its basically just to blend in with the average person. I mean they are real people just like you and I. If they like jeans and t-shirts during the day, then more power to them. Some still dress in dress clothes all the time. One guy that comes to mind was Vinny Gorgeous but he's in prison now.

If they go out for dinner on Friday night and hit the best lounges in New York, they will dress up. You will see them in their best clothes looking like they stepped out of a GQ magazine.

Posted By: Vigil

Re: the way mobsters dress? - 03/22/13 06:39 AM

Originally Posted By: bronx
Sign of the times, erosion of the life shows in how they dress now..me generation..

Exactly, I agree. It is a symptom of the demise of the entire Cosa Nostra.
Posted By: Vigil

Re: the way mobsters dress? - 03/22/13 06:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Vigil

Exactly, I agree. It is a symptom of the demise of the entire Cosa Nostra.

...and really the entire society in which we live.
Posted By: Viceguy

Re: the way mobsters dress? - 03/22/13 03:39 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Good analogy. But I personally think things were better when people got dressed up for things (not just mobsters, of course).

When I was growing up we wore suits to Church on a regular Sunday, week in and week out. Today it could be Easter Sunday and you have people showing up in khakis and golf shirts. And the worst part is, they think they got dressed up.

Here Here.

Speaking of mobsters and dress, its always been inexplicably remarkable to me that during the heights of the depressions, mobsters wore suits.
And I think it's important we note the distinction between being suitably attired and being a fashion plate. They're not necessarily the same thing.
And whatever time period we're speaking of, I'd go so far as to say there were/are different standards for different parts of the country, wouldn't you say?
Posted By: SnickersMagillicutti

Re: the way mobsters dress? - 03/22/13 04:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Viceguy
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Here Here.

Speaking of mobsters and dress, its always been inexplicably remarkable to me that during the heights of the depressions, mobsters wore suits.
And I think it's important we note the distinction between being suitably attired and being a fashion plate. They're not necessarily the same thing.
And whatever time period we're speaking of, I'd go so far as to say there were/are different standards for different parts of the country, wouldn't you say?

Depends on how high up the mobster is as well.

Clothes pretty much are a status symbol. For example, go drive to downtown New York and hang out in the Four Seasons. You will see people with Suits on. Hang out in blue collar neighborhoods and you will see people in jeans and a regular t-shirt. If the mobster is living out in Long Island, I guarantee you he will be dressed accordingly with nice clothes.
Posted By: bigboy

Re: the way mobsters dress? - 03/24/13 06:47 PM

I could be mistaken, but I think that when Gotti and Gravano were arrested the final time, Sammy was wearing jeans, a T-shirt, and leather jacket while Gotti wore a brown suit. Gotti wanted to stand out, Sammy wanted to blend in. Agree with the above, it depends on the circumstances. Don't think any would wear a tracksuit to a funeral
Posted By: bronx

Re: the way mobsters dress? - 03/25/13 12:32 AM

john was a night life guy , high end clubs regine's and restaurants st. regis
Posted By: EastHarlemItal

Re: the way mobsters dress? - 03/25/13 12:54 AM

john was a night life guy , high end clubs regine's and restaurants st. regis

John? We're you guys boys? I think it's hilarious these clowns using first names and nick names!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET