Home

Overlooked men of the mafia.

Posted By: SnickersMagillicutti

Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/20/13 11:51 PM

List your guys in this thread.
Posted By: CarloRizzo

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/21/13 02:01 AM

Don't hear much about Carmine Lombardozzi when he was supposedly the biggest earner alive in his prime.
Posted By: Dwalin2011

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/21/13 02:30 AM

Not much information lately about Joseph Tomasello, Salvatore Avellino and Aniello Migliore (especially the first one).
Posted By: southend

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/21/13 11:31 AM

Joe N. Gallo, Gambino consigliere
And I also agree about Carmine Lombardozzi
Posted By: EastHarlemItal

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/21/13 11:31 AM

Jimmy "Blue Eyes" Alo
Posted By: BaltimoreSteel69

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/21/13 12:23 PM

They called him "The King of Wall Street", "The Italian Meyer Lansky?"
Posted By: Camarel

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/21/13 05:24 PM

Definitely Carmine Lombardozzi i'd also say Jerry Catena and Tony Strollo.
Posted By: cookcounty

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/21/13 05:54 PM

al tournabene

he was helping aiuppa make people and nobody even knew who he was

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/21/13 06:55 PM

Originally Posted By: EastHarlemItal
Jimmy "Blue Eyes" Alo

Vincent "Jimmy Blue Eyes" Alo he had operations down in Florida right in the Lansky days?

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/21/13 06:55 PM

Also Toddo Aurello Sammy the Bull's old mentor or Tony "Dope" DelSanter from Cleveland I always wanted to know a lot more about them

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/21/13 07:12 PM

Originally Posted By: southend
Jimmy "Blue Eyes" Alo

Vincent "Jimmy Blue Eyes" Alo he had operations down in Florida right in the Lansky days?

That's him! Miami, Vegas and NYC. Classy guy too and of coarse East Harlem born and raised!
Posted By: Skinny

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/21/13 07:22 PM

Jimmy Higgins Palmieri and Joe Polverino. Both as pure gangster as you can get and no ones ever heard of them.
Posted By: cheech

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/21/13 07:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Skinny
Jimmy Higgins Palmieri and Joe Polverino. Both as pure gangster as you can get and no ones ever heard of them.

"the indian"?

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/21/13 07:39 PM

Yep indian and higby.

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/21/13 07:41 PM

Yep indian and higby.

What about "Mush"? Good guy, long run.

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/21/13 07:45 PM

He left a ton behind for his family! U can bet they will never starve.
Posted By: Giancarlo

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/21/13 07:46 PM

Thats Jimmy Higgins in that photo of Tino Fiumara walking with a guy that's identified as Joe Adonis. People keep saying it's Adonis or his son. But it's Jimmy Higgins.

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/21/13 08:03 PM

Higgins could hold up toe to toe with Tino before he got made. Guy had tons of respect. Guy had huge balls. Got slapped by a made belleville guy, him and his bro went and shot the fucking guy. He didnt die and they all got away with it hahahaha.
Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/21/13 08:28 PM

John Gotti
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/21/13 08:44 PM

Higgins could hold up toe to toe with Tino before he got made. Guy had tons of respect. Guy had huge balls. Got slapped by a made belleville guy, him and his bro went and shot the fucking guy. He didnt die and they all got away with it hahahaha.

Have you been reading Pic´s posts overthere?
Posted By: TonyBoy117

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/21/13 08:47 PM

[quote=southend][quote=EastHarlemItal]
That's him! Miami, Vegas and NYC. Classy guy too and of coarse East Harlem born and raised!
Jimmy blue eyes was deffinitly a smart man, speaking of East Harlem and overlooked guys how about Farby?

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/21/13 08:52 PM

Originally Posted By: TonyBoy117
[quote=southend][quote=EastHarlemItal]
Jimmy blue eyes was deffinitly a smart man, speaking of East Harlem and overlooked guys how about Farby?

Good guy, he was loved by the ILA guys. He didn't becomes a big player till later in life. Had a good short run.

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/21/13 09:02 PM

Get a life Golum! A word of advice, a little rogain will go a long way for you buddy.
Posted By: SgWaue86

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/21/13 09:07 PM

I don't know if you guys have seen this nor do i know how legit it is but he to know a couple of guys your talking about.
http://www.americanmafia.com/feature_articles_162.html

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/21/13 09:09 PM

And then there's this too calling bullshit on what he said.
http://www.oocities.org/stevenlenehan/12162005.html

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/21/13 09:09 PM

Originally Posted By: SgWaue86

Who is that? Hear the name all the time

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/21/13 09:33 PM

Get a life Golum! A word of advice, a little rogain will go a long way for you buddy.

I don´t need Rogain to be successful, buddy.
A word of advice, when someone is asking you a friendly question, don´t get defensive. It doesn´t suit you. In fact, it hurts you and your original argument.

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/21/13 09:36 PM

I don't know if you guys have seen this nor do i know how legit it is but he to know a couple of guys your talking about.
http://www.americanmafia.com/feature_articles_162.html

Thanks for this
Posted By: DB

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/21/13 10:30 PM

Andimo Pappadia who was big time in luchesse family in their prime but you don't hear much about him. Another east Harlem guy

His brother Michael was big as well , unfortunately both were executed gangland style

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/21/13 10:31 PM

Originally Posted By: DB
Andimo Pappadia who was big time in luchesse family in their prime but you don't hear much about him. Another east Harlem guy

His brother Michael was big as well , unfortunately both were executed gangland style

How long ago? Must be old? No?

Wait, was he the HUGE dope dealer?

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/21/13 10:37 PM

Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles

A word of advice, when someone is asking you a friendly question, don´t get defensive. It doesn´t suit you. In fact, it hurts you and your original argument.

Not a friendly question. By pic you mean the poster picasso who is supposed to be a genovese soldier If he knows the story about him, good for him, but im sure thousands of ppl across nj know that story as well. Please, if your not to busy cleaning his pipes, ask him what the guy who got shots name was. The man i heard the story from (who is a honest blue collar worker btw, not some wanna be mob guy) doesnt know. Unlike you, i do not browse tirelessly around multiple sites. I have been told hes the real deal and all that shit, but in the one thing ive read that hes said on here doesnt lead me to believe this guy is all knowing. Until im proved wrong, i think the opposite. Just some guy who likes to toot his own horn. Sound familiar mr success? Gloating about your success on the internet doesnt impress me, or make me envy you. But please continue to act like a know it all successful hard ass. It would make my day!

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/21/13 10:46 PM

And richie the boot boiardo . He was about as big as you get in NJ

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/21/13 10:48 PM

Or Angelo "Gyp" DeCarlo
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/21/13 11:29 PM

speaking of East Harlem and overlooked guys how about Farby?

Good guy, he was loved by the ILA guys. He didn't becomes a big player till later in life. Had a good short run.

Frankie died very young and would have made a great boss except for the snap decision he made about Ralphie. That was a shame. He got talked into it but that was no excuse. A real shame.

It's funny, reading Farby's name just brought something to mind. All you ever hear about is how the higher up Westside guys all live to be a hundred. Well, there's some truth to that, but it ain't set in stone. Farby, Joe Dente and Sammy Black all died very young, in their fifties. And all three of those guys were heavyweights, skipper or higher.

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/21/13 11:36 PM

To think those slick old Ginzo's almost pulled it off! Was it jealousy? I don't buy the skimming BS?

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/21/13 11:37 PM

Who talked him into hitting coppola?

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/21/13 11:47 PM

If I say a guy from Throggs Neck will be upset with me. Maybe Hairy knows?

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/21/13 11:55 PM

If I say a guy from Throggs Nexk will be upset with me.
Hes right though, I've learned during my time here that some things don't belong on the boards

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/22/13 12:00 AM

That's fine i understand.

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/22/13 12:05 AM

To think those slick old Ginzo's almost pulled it off! Was it jealousy? I don't buy the skimming BS?

Ralphie wan't ambitious enough to steal lol.

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/22/13 12:05 AM

Who are some of the Genovese guys from Throgs Neck? LOL
Posted By: SiciNy

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/22/13 12:34 AM

didnt Barney ok capollas hit?

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/22/13 12:36 AM

Originally Posted By: Ciro

NO! Not even close. Listening to that Rat Peluso will confuse anyone though. They were best friends Barney wouldn't have done that.
Posted By: SiciNy

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/22/13 12:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Ciro

NO! Not even close. Listening to that Rat Peluso will confuse anyone though. They were best friends Barney wouldn't have done that.

i kno i heard they were real tight but still heard he ok'd it bc of stealing....but you may b right sounds sketchy...seems like when anyone wants anyone gone without reason they all say "hes stealin"

oh, overlooked guy-Gerry and his brother Jr Chilli. old school as they come
Posted By: Vigil

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/22/13 12:57 AM

I think that guy Dominic Cataldo from the Colombos in the '70s doesn't get enough infamy.

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/22/13 08:58 AM

Not a friendly question. By pic you mean the poster picasso who is supposed to be a genovese soldier If he knows the story about him, good for him, but im sure thousands of ppl across nj know that story as well. Please, if your not to busy cleaning his pipes, ask him what the guy who got shots name was. The man i heard the story from (who is a honest blue collar worker btw, not some wanna be mob guy) doesnt know. Unlike you, i do not browse tirelessly around multiple sites. I have been told hes the real deal and all that shit, but in the one thing ive read that hes said on here doesnt lead me to believe this guy is all knowing. Until im proved wrong, i think the opposite. Just some guy who likes to toot his own horn. Sound familiar mr success? Gloating about your success on the internet doesnt impress me, or make me envy you. But please continue to act like a know it all successful hard ass. It would make my day!

I don´t need to ask Pic who the guy who got shot was. I know that already. Never spoke to Pic and never interacted with him. When I got on these Mafia forums, Pic wasn´t posting anymore. And just for your information, I´m far more successful in real life than on the interenet.

You seem extremely touchy. Why is that? Your buddy East is back so what´s the fuzz? And for the record, your insults doesn´t bother me at all. Especially not when coming from somebody who acts tough behind his computer, typing while sitting on the shitter. Why waste time calling me a tireless browser, bookworm fa***t and a pipe cleaner? Is it supposed to be funny? Did I miss the humor? Anyone on here thinks its funny besides you Skinny?

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/22/13 10:47 AM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
speaking of East Harlem and overlooked guys how about Farby?

Frankie died very young and would have made a great boss except for the snap decision he made about Ralphie. That was a shame. He got talked into it but that was no excuse. A real shame.

It's funny, reading Farby's name just brought something to mind. All you ever hear about is how the higher up Westside guys all live to be a hundred. Well, there's some truth to that, but it ain't set in stone. Farby, Joe Dente and Sammy Black all died very young, in their fifties. And all three of those guys were heavyweights, skipper or higher.

PB, help me clear this up please. Do you know if Farby had a brother named Ralph or was Ralph an uncle of his?
Posted By: LCN1987

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/22/13 02:21 PM

Haha. I knew there was something, Hairy tongue
You can bet these clowns get their info from somewhere, and throw it off like they know shit themselves.

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/22/13 04:57 PM

Yeah andimo was in dope way back and the garment district

He was close with Vito Genovese

Andimo was killed in 1976 and was 62 i think

Michael was killed in late 80's

Both were from east Harlem but yeah a long long time ago

My granpa was cousins with them and grew up with Andimo . He passed last year
At 94
Posted By: PP

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/22/13 06:35 PM

Al Tornabene
Turk Torello

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/22/13 06:50 PM

Was this website made by the infamous poster "Batman"?

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/22/13 06:56 PM

PB, help me clear this up please. Do you know if Farby had a brother named Ralph or was Ralph an uncle of his?

I sent you a pm.

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/22/13 06:58 PM

I don't know, it seems as though there saying this fellow Lehan is that poster on the real-deal Picasso, but i just know what i read. Just thought it was instesting that they did the interview and then that popped up calling bullshit and he does seem to over-state his importence so it's up to you to deciede.

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/22/13 07:10 PM

I don't know, it seems as though there saying this fellow Lehan is that poster on the real-deal Picasso, but i just know what i read. Just thought it was instesting that they did the interview and then that popped up calling bullshit and he does seem to over-state his importence so it's up to you to deciede.

I used to post on Real Deal back in the day, 98-02, and there were two camps of people. Those that were 100% certain Picasso was Lenehan and others that were 100% sure he wasn't. Some people were obsessed about it. Hence, the website. One poster, IIRC, was named Batman and he stalked Picasso on line and was sure Picasso was Lenehan and would go out of his way to tell everyone.

I didn't really care, but there were a ton of people that did.

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/22/13 07:18 PM

Yeah it makes no difference to me who he is or isn't. Just thought the interview was a bit instresting.

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/22/13 10:32 PM

Originally Posted By: LCN1987

You can bet these clowns get their info from somewhere, and throw it off like they know shit themselves.

Exactly LCN! And they all google til their fingers bleed...

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/22/13 10:43 PM

I don't think that's fair to say. I've spoken to Skinny and he knows his stuff. And for what I know I don't think he is on the RD forum.

I like u hairy so I got no beef, just sayin

Respect to all
Posted By: Friend_of_Henry

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/22/13 11:45 PM

Also Toddo Aurello Sammy the Bull's old mentor or Tony "Dope" DelSanter from Cleveland I always wanted to know a lot more about them

Tony lived in Warren, Ohio. Very friendly with Big Dom from Youngstown. He and a really smart guy that owned a pizza joint, downtown Warren, kept a lid on Mahoning Valley for decades.
Posted By: dsbaloo

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/23/13 01:50 AM

Exactly LCN! And they all google til their fingers bleed...

Shouldn't make statments like this, especially when you don't know if they're the truth or not, and when it comes to skinny I can assure you guys that you're both wrong.. But I guess he struck a nerve with you. Lil keyboard warriors over there jerking eachother off.
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/23/13 02:17 AM

Originally Posted By: PP
I used to post on Real Deal back in the day, 98-02, and there were two camps of people. Those that were 100% certain Picasso was Lenehan and others that were 100% sure he wasn't. Some people were obsessed about it. Hence, the website. One poster, IIRC, was named Batman and he stalked Picasso on line and was sure Picasso was Lenehan and would go out of his way to tell everyone.

I don't care either but, for the record, Batman was right.

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/23/13 03:17 AM

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: PP

I don't care either but, for the record, Batman was right.

Was he? That's funny. IIRC, Batman got kicked off those boards back in the day for his actions about Picasso being Lenehan.

Were you a member back then? IIRC, LTH met with Picasso once or more, or at least said they did.

How was it confirmed?
Posted By: LCN1987

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/23/13 08:55 AM

Originally Posted By: dsbaloo

Shouldn't make statments like this, especially when you don't know if they're the truth or not, and when it comes to skinny I can assure you guys that you're both wrong.. But I guess he struck a nerve with you. Lil keyboard warriors over there jerking eachother off.

Why, because he told you in a PM he is a gangster? I'm fed up with people on these boards acting like they're gangsters and somehow know everything about the mafia because THEY SAY SO. Fact of the matter is, you don't post info like that on a board for outsiders to see. Some guys, like Hairy pointed out, get their info from RD and pass it own as their own to seem more credible. It's been done a ton of times and it gets boring...

Then, guys like Ivy and Hairy and whoever with knowledge get shitted on because they write informative posts with sources.
Posted By: dsbaloo

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/23/13 10:14 AM

Shouldn't make statements like this, especially when you don't know if they're the truth or not, and when it comes to skinny I can assure you guys that you're both wrong.. But I guess he struck a nerve with you. Lil keyboard warriors over there jerking each other off.

Why, because he told you in a PM he is a gangster? I'm fed up with people on these boards acting like they're gangsters and somehow know everything about the mafia because THEY SAY SO. Fact of the matter is, you don't post info like that on a board for outsiders to see. Some guys, like Hairy pointed out, get their info from RD and pass it own as their own to seem more credible. It's been done a ton of times and it gets boring...

Then, guys like Ivy and Hairy and whoever with knowledge get shitted on because they write informative posts with sources.

Actually first off I know skinny outside this board, personally. And actually no he's never claimed to be a "gangster" to anyone. Just you holy internet researchers assuming things again. Also skinny is not even a member on the rd forum and I can assure you would never sit there reading endless pages of bullshit written by some other loser so he can pass it off as his own to try and impress nerds like you and hairy, who like to act like their above everyone else and no one elses information is valid. god forbid could it ever be possible that someone on here could possible know things that these internet mob researcher nerds don't and it can still possibly be truth? I know you guys done think so, its like your egos get hurt that its a possibility that someone has more information than you do, and its also information you can't find on the internet (which in your eyes automatically make it false). As for hairy getting shitted on? If I'm not mistaken he's the one above me on this page who decided to shit on skinny for no reason, with you jumping in right behind him to make sure you sucked up all the lil dribbles of cum left on his lil dick after he got done jerking off to his new stack of mob news papers he printed off google.

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/23/13 10:49 AM

Shouldn't make statements like this, especially when you don't know if they're the truth or not, and when it comes to skinny I can assure you guys that you're both wrong.. But I guess he struck a nerve with you. Lil keyboard warriors over there jerking each other off.

Actually first off I know skinny outside this board, personally. And actually no he's never claimed to be a "gangster" to anyone. Just you holy internet researchers assuming things again. Also skinny is not even a member on the rd forum and I can assure you would never sit there reading endless pages of bullshit written by some other loser so he can pass it off as his own to try and impress nerds like you and hairy, who like to act like their above everyone else and no one elses information is valid. god forbid could it ever be possible that someone on here could possible know things that these internet mob researcher nerds don't and it can still possibly be truth? I know you guys done think so, its like your egos get hurt that its a possibility that someone has more information than you do, and its also information you can't find on the internet (which in your eyes automatically make it false). As for hairy getting shitted on? If I'm not mistaken he's the one above me on this page who decided to shit on skinny for no reason, with you jumping in right behind him to make sure you sucked up all the lil dribbles of cum left on his lil dick after he got done jerking off to his new stack of mob news papers he printed off google.

You are a poet, buddy.
Posted By: SC

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/23/13 11:55 AM

STOP THE SHIT!!!!!!!

dsbaloo got a week's vacation for his flaming.

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/24/13 11:54 AM

fuckin classic
Posted By: tommykarate

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/24/13 03:48 PM

Sally callinbrano-gaspipe said he was a genovese capo and his godfather never heard nothn else

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/24/13 04:02 PM

What about the Gambino capo Ettore Zappi?? Talk about overlooked. Any good info on him and his crews exploits?
Posted By: BarrettM

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/25/13 04:03 PM

Charles Panarella
Jimmy Plumeri
Big John Ormento
Pat Conte
Carmine Lombardozzi
Longy Zwillman
Richard Boiardo

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/25/13 04:04 PM

Originally Posted By: BarrettM
Charles Panarella
Jimmy Plumeri
Big John Ormento
Pat Conte
Carmine Lombardozzi
Longy Zwillman
Richard Boiardo
All great ones
Posted By: BarrettM

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/26/13 06:41 PM

Bayonne Joe Zicarelli - A Jersey Bonanno
Gabriel Mannarino - Most powerful Pittsburgh gangster
Frank Carbo - Ran the most successful fight-fixing ring in LCN history
Joe Rugnetta - Old Philly member, Bruno consig
Charles Binaggio - Genius KC member
Silver Dollar Sam Carolla - Fucked with Capone and got away with it

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/26/13 07:00 PM

What about the Gambino capo Ettore Zappi?? Talk about overlooked. Any good info on him and his crews exploits?

he was also known as anthony russo

google is my friend right ivy
Posted By: streetbossliborio

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/27/13 05:00 AM

clutch morello and family. reading a book about them currently, v interesting
Posted By: SilentPartnerz

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 03/27/13 08:31 PM

James "Jimmy Brown" Failla.
Ran the garbage for Gambino's for how many years? Was at Castellano's white house when the bug was active on many occasions, but never uttered an incriminating word. To me, low key is being in a high-level mob meeting at the boss house, and not getting caught on tape.
Posted By: RACKFORD

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 07/29/13 11:44 AM

looking for info on 2 wise guys from youngstown area.

1. mario guari or guaro ?? 60's
2. J D jimmy danskin ? 70's

spelling is wrong, but close.
thanks
Posted By: ninogaggi

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 07/29/13 10:21 PM

thanks for the article sgwau, it was real interesting.

i wish we could read/ see the pics on the RD forum. oh well...
Posted By: HuronSocialAthletic

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 07/29/13 10:55 PM

Black Sam Carlisi
Posted By: mulberry

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 07/30/13 01:18 AM

Ross Prio and Tommy DiBella
Posted By: Chicago

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 07/30/13 01:36 AM

Mulberry, Do you mean Dominic DiBella who was with Ross Prio?
Posted By: F_white

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 07/30/13 01:36 AM

The Smaldone Brothers of Denver
Posted By: CapoLou

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 07/30/13 01:40 AM

Giuseppe Morello
Posted By: Dellacroce

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 07/30/13 01:43 AM

Joseph zerelli, sat on the commision and ran his family for over 30 years unchallenged.
Posted By: bronx

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 07/30/13 01:55 AM

tom debella
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 07/30/13 02:49 AM

Santo trafficante

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 07/30/13 03:31 AM

Strickly guys that are dead, Joe Polverino, Jack Santoli, and James Palmieri. Real in the trenches type soldiers... Leaders... Andy Gerardo made 100 mil running the most diverse crew inthe state. He took his money with him to florida with him and it kept him warm for the last decade or two of his life. Demus covello, taught the world how to make book haha

Alive-, Joseph Zito. One of the biggest shys in nyc hands down

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 07/30/13 03:31 AM

Strickly guys that are dead, Joe Polverino, Jack Santoli, and James Palmieri. Real in the trenches type soldiers... Leaders... Andy Gerardo made 100 mil running the most diverse crew inthe state. He took his money with him to florida with him and it kept him warm for the last decade or two of his life. Demus covello, taught the world how to make book haha

Alive-, Joseph Zito. One of the biggest shys in nyc hands down

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 07/30/13 04:20 AM

joe triana..lived to 100

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 07/30/13 04:23 AM

angelo cheese cake benny squint..

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 07/30/13 04:25 AM

palmieri;s from buffalo..
Posted By: jace

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 07/30/13 07:07 AM

Jimmy "Blue Eyes" Alo

I think so too. He is forgotten more than others, yet in his day seems to have been as powerful as almost anyone.
Posted By: mulberry

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 08/02/13 07:14 AM

Originally Posted By: Chicago
Mulberry, Do you mean Dominic DiBella who was with Ross Prio?
old man dibella of the colombos
Posted By: JCB1977

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 08/07/13 05:17 PM

Mario Guerreri, they called him the butcher. His name appears in some FBI files I have. He was supposedly a rotten human being
Posted By: bobbytran

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 08/07/13 05:20 PM

SENTER!!!!

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 08/07/13 06:15 PM

Mario Gigante
Posted By: Tony_Pro

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 08/08/13 12:54 AM

I'll probably come up with since I love studying the more quiet mobsters who are successful at not getting caught as opposed to the homocidal maniacs (Demeo, Destefano, Tommy Karate) or flashy figures (Gotti, Costello).

How about "Johnny Dio", aka Giovanni Dioguardi, ran the Lucchese rackets in the garment center and was a master at union and white-collar extortion. If it wasn't for the Victor Riesel attack and if he had not been under indictment for bankruptcy fraud at the time, I wonder if he would have been made boss after Tommy Lucchese died. The character of "Johnny Friendly" in On the Waterfront was based off of Dio.
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 08/08/13 01:13 AM

Great pick up Tony Pro, +1
Posted By: jace

Re: Overlooked men of the mafia. - 08/08/13 06:10 AM

Originally Posted By: Tony_Pro
I'll probably come up with since I love studying the more quiet mobsters who are successful at not getting caught as opposed to the homocidal maniacs (Demeo, Destefano, Tommy Karate) or flashy figures (Gotti, Costello).

How about "Johnny Dio", aka Giovanni Dioguardi, ran the Lucchese rackets in the garment center and was a master at union and white-collar extortion. If it wasn't for the Victor Riesel attack and if he had not been under indictment for bankruptcy fraud at the time, I wonder if he would have been made boss after Tommy Lucchese died. The character of "Johnny Friendly" in On the Waterfront was based off of Dio.

I thought Johnny Friendly was supposed to be based on Annastasia, or on his brother.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET