Home

It would have took guns to get Tommy Bilotti

Posted By: stern49

It would have took guns to get Tommy Bilotti - 03/11/13 10:18 PM

Saw at least three pictures of Tommy, and one is the famous picture with him with his shirt off and relaxing and laying down, but there's two others I've seen that were quite rare and he was very muscular built, even more than Gravano was. Personally I don't think Gravano was that buff even though people say he was, but Bilotti looked like he was as strong as an ox.

No wonder Castellano had him as his right hand man.
Posted By: SiciNy

Re: It would have took guns to get Tommy Bilotti - 03/11/13 10:47 PM

Originally Posted By: stern49
Saw at least three pictures of Tommy, and one is the famous picture with him with his shirt off and relaxing and laying down, but there's two others I've seen that were quite rare and he was very muscular built, even more than Gravano was. Personally I don't think Gravano was that buff even though people say he was, but Bilotti looked like he was as strong as an ox.

he was a very, very stupid person. noone had respect for him n the family was shocked by him being upped to pauls right hand man.
Posted By: Giancarlo

Re: It would have took guns to get Tommy Bilotti - 03/11/13 10:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Ciro
Originally Posted By: stern49

he was a very, very stupid person. noone had respect for him n the family was shocked by him being upped to pauls right hand man.

And he had a terrible tailor. I swear every photo of Billoti wearing a suit looks to me like he's wearing one thats more then a couple sizes too small.

Just an observation on my part. lol

Supposedly Billoti was a real mean prick.

Re: It would have took guns to get Tommy Bilotti - 03/12/13 12:20 AM

I'm pretty sure he was the type that liked to throw his weight around and was a jerk at times. I was basically pointing out how big he was, I'm sure Tommy's build is why Castellano picked him. I mean he wouldn't want some skinny twig as his bodyguard.
Posted By: bronx

Re: It would have took guns to get Tommy Bilotti - 03/12/13 02:58 AM

his brother joe was tougher than him..feared on the island
Posted By: Vigil

Re: It would have took guns to get Tommy Bilotti - 03/12/13 06:39 AM

Yeah, he always looked to me like he was wearing his little brothers suits.
Posted By: Vigil

Re: It would have took guns to get Tommy Bilotti - 03/12/13 06:41 AM

...and Castellano wasn't a street-acquainted guy, so all he saw, I'm guessing, was Bilotti's build, not really his skills.

Re: It would have took guns to get Tommy Bilotti - 03/12/13 12:52 PM

his size had nothing to do with his close relationship with paul, then u.b. he was very loyal, he was a worker and was feared. that is why he died with paul. not many people were meeting with paul out side his house at that time, he knew he had guys pissed with him and a huge case going on..bilotti never should have been u. b. paul did not have much left he could trust. tommy the last few years made enemies in the family .. he gave up shit in the street to paul about a lot of guys. size does not count in the mob..never..it is fear and respect of cosa rostra
Posted By: Skinny

Re: It would have took guns to get Tommy Bilotti - 03/12/13 01:16 PM

Didnt flash come up under Tommy Bilotti?

Re: It would have took guns to get Tommy Bilotti - 03/12/13 01:27 PM

yes and watts
Posted By: cheech

Re: It would have took guns to get Tommy Bilotti - 03/12/13 03:09 PM

who's flash?
Posted By: Viceguy

Re: It would have took guns to get Tommy Bilotti - 03/12/13 03:28 PM

Originally Posted By: bronx
he was... feared...paul did not have much left he could trust.

...just who the hell feared Tommy Bilotti?

A more intriguing question...just who could Big Paul trust at that time...stupid, stupid going to Sparks with any hope of reconciliation of any kind...guy was a drowning man reaching for straws...

Re: It would have took guns to get Tommy Bilotti - 03/12/13 03:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Viceguy
he was... feared...paul did not have much left he could trust.

...just who the hell feared Tommy Bilotti?

A more intriguing question...just who could Big Paul trust at that time...stupid, stupid going to Sparks with any hope of reconciliation of any kind...guy was a drowning man reaching for straws...

Because he had like the 3 toughest guys in SI history in his crew! Fuckin Flash, Watts, and Joe Bilotti ive heard were legends....
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: It would have took guns to get Tommy Bilotti - 03/12/13 03:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Skinny
Because he had like the 3 toughest guys in SI history in his crew! Fuckin Flash, Watts, and Joe Bilotti ive heard were legends....

If it's not on Wikipedia, you're speaking to deaf ears, Skin wink.

Re: It would have took guns to get Tommy Bilotti - 03/12/13 05:20 PM

3 toughest guys in SI history...Fuckin Flash, Watts, and Joe Bilotti....

...and they avenged Tommy's death how...?

Re: It would have took guns to get Tommy Bilotti - 03/12/13 07:46 PM

viceguy, a lot of family members have been killed in the mob though out history , 99 out of a hundred times nothing is done to start a war.. it does not mean the crew or relatives are punks, that is the life, unless you want to die also.. tommy bilotti was a very tough guy who did a lot of work.. bobby flash was tough with his hands, but not a worker, frankie botz was a worker also with the bilottis and watts..

Re: It would have took guns to get Tommy Bilotti - 03/12/13 07:50 PM

also revenge come in time, chin , gas..jimmy brown, ..look who dies frankie d, eddie lino,, bobby b.. if gas does not rat jr goes and many others that were close to john.. so that is revenge.who knows exactly the guys that were involved in the plot..i'm sure joe bilotti was..
Posted By: andrewc

Re: It would have took guns to get Tommy Bilotti - 03/12/13 09:15 PM

I read somewhere that due to his mother drinking during pregnancy he didn't physically develop as quickly as other people his age and that he had a lower IQ because of the same reason.
Posted By: azguy

Re: It would have took guns to get Tommy Bilotti - 03/12/13 09:16 PM

From all my reading most people thought Bilotti was and idiot, rude and extremely crude and really not all that smart...The perfect 2nd in command, no chance he will make a move on you, lol..

Re: It would have took guns to get Tommy Bilotti - 03/12/13 09:40 PM

Joe Watts wanted to have Joe Bilotti hit after his brother and Big Paul were clipped according to Gravano. But Sammy said they decided against it. Watts thought Joe would try to avenge his brothers murder.

Re: It would have took guns to get Tommy Bilotti - 03/12/13 09:51 PM

rumor has that as true
Posted By: SiciNy

Re: It would have took guns to get Tommy Bilotti - 03/12/13 10:17 PM

who is Flash?

Re: It would have took guns to get Tommy Bilotti - 03/12/13 10:23 PM

rumor has that as true

Yeah it was in Sammy's book.

Also Gravano said Tommy Bilotti had 9 kids and his brother Joe also had 9 kids. And that was back in the 1980's so maybe Joe had a few more. lol

Must be alot of grown up Bilotti's running around these days. lol

Re: It would have took guns to get Tommy Bilotti - 03/12/13 10:30 PM

joe bilotti was put with sammy..

Re: It would have took guns to get Tommy Bilotti - 03/12/13 10:32 PM

Isnt he with Marino and Watts now bronx?

Re: It would have took guns to get Tommy Bilotti - 03/12/13 10:38 PM

joe bilotti was put with sammy..

Right and then Sammy told him "Don't worry when i call for you. Your a friend of ours in good standing".

Like Sammy was above bullshitting him to make him feel secure and then popping him. I don't blame Joe Bilotti for maybe not trusting Sammy's word. He knew the game and how these guys work.

Re: It would have took guns to get Tommy Bilotti - 03/12/13 10:49 PM

hello skinny..he was with valerio before lou went to the can, joe got close with danny and gammerano, yes i do believe you are correct. it must have been a scary time for joey after his brother got killed, he came in like a true tough guy not knowing if he would be killed also, everyday joe must have said maybe today they call me in and i;m gone..don't forget militto got killed also, sammy was killing his own guys, joe was real lucky.. good thing sammy was pinched ,who knows how many more guys die..just like that nut gas..then they both flip and kill in the court room

Re: It would have took guns to get Tommy Bilotti - 03/12/13 10:54 PM

Thanks bronx! Jesus, shows balls to report day after day to the crew that helped clip your bro. Sammys lucky Joe didnt flip! A lot of weaker guys would in that position.

Re: It would have took guns to get Tommy Bilotti - 03/12/13 10:57 PM

good thing sammy was pinched ,who knows how many more guys die..just like that nut gas..then they both flip and kill in the court room

Ironic, but a great point.
Posted By: ChiTown

Re: It would have took guns to get Tommy Bilotti - 03/12/13 11:00 PM

Where is Bilotti's brother today? Still involved or has he passed?

I believe Tommy Bilotti used to ride around with a baseball bat under his seat, correct?

Re: It would have took guns to get Tommy Bilotti - 03/12/13 11:06 PM

Originally Posted By: ChiTown

I believe Tommy Bilotti used to ride around with a baseball bat under his seat, correct?

Hell so do i!

Re: It would have took guns to get Tommy Bilotti - 03/12/13 11:18 PM

Originally Posted By: ChiTown

That's hardly mutually exclusive to wiseguys. It's just an Italian American thing. You should see my wife's whistle.

Re: It would have took guns to get Tommy Bilotti - 03/12/13 11:46 PM

My mother calls hers her "black male knocker".... wink

Re: It would have took guns to get Tommy Bilotti - 03/12/13 11:46 PM

Re: It would have took guns to get Tommy Bilotti - 03/13/13 01:03 AM

joey is around , he is active with the church also..good man..and who does not have a bat in the car?
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: It would have took guns to get Tommy Bilotti - 03/13/13 02:42 AM

I thought it was called a "N---er be good stick."

Re: It would have took guns to get Tommy Bilotti - 03/13/13 04:01 AM

look out the mods will get ya for the racial stuff.
Posted By: pmac

Re: It would have took guns to get Tommy Bilotti - 03/13/13 06:01 AM

was tommy a Brooklyn guy originaly? my spelling sucks. did he realyy have 10 kids that's a lot of bad blood in the revenge game, grandkids ect. the no rules anymore.

Re: It would have took guns to get Tommy Bilotti - 03/13/13 09:08 AM

Skin, I'm black... and mine is called black male knocker

...just kiddin... I call it a Glock... tongue

Re: It would have took guns to get Tommy Bilotti - 03/13/13 09:28 AM

viceguy, a lot of family members have been killed in the mob though out history , 99 out of a hundred times nothing is done to start a war.. it does not mean the crew or relatives are punks, that is the life, unless you want to die also.. tommy bilotti was a very tough guy who did a lot of work.. bobby flash was tough with his hands, but not a worker, frankie botz was a worker also with the bilottis and watts..

Good points all. I stand informed.
Posted By: NickyScarfo

Re: It would have took guns to get Tommy Bilotti - 03/13/13 12:02 PM

Apparently Bilotti was like 5 foot 8 and 220 pounds pretty solid
Posted By: TonyBoy117

Re: It would have took guns to get Tommy Bilotti - 03/13/13 01:19 PM

Likewise ,but it is a pain in the ass to always keep a glove and ball in my trunk, just incase the westchester cops give you a hard time
Posted By: ChiTown

Re: It would have took guns to get Tommy Bilotti - 03/13/13 03:13 PM

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

I thought it was called a "N---er be good stick."

Mormons call them "magic wands" right?

Whose crew was Bilotti in before he was under Costellano?
Posted By: LCN1987

Re: It would have took guns to get Tommy Bilotti - 03/13/13 05:52 PM

Some info on Bilotti:

Forgotten Man at Sparks

Quote:
By Allan May
Tommy Bilotti lay spread eagle in the middle of the cold, wet Manhattan street like he was snoozing on a king-size bed. But Tommy Bilotti was not asleep, he was dead, and blood was streaming from the six wounds he suffered to his head and body. Bilotti was not the main focus of the police, the media and the morbidly fascinated who gathered in front of Sparks Steak House on this mid-December evening in 1985. The focus was Paul Castellano who was lying several feet away, just outside the passenger side door of Bilotti’s black Lincoln Continental. “Big Paulie” was the head of the Gambino Crime Family, which at the time was the largest and most powerful organized crime family in the United States. Bilotti was the newly named underboss of the family.
"Who was Tommy Bilotti and how did he rise to the position of second-in- command of this infamous crime family? In “Boss of Bosses,” FBI agents Joseph O’Brien and Andris Kurins describe Bilotti:
“He was basically a pit bull with shoes on. If he had a business ability beyond choreographing a shakedown or calculating the interest owed on shylock loans, it didn’t show. In a milieu not known for its conversational finesse, Bilotti distinguished himself by spluttering inarticulateness.” Once when describing how a family problem was handled improperly, Bilotti stated, “It’s gonna be like throwing the baby out with the bathtub.”
“The bathwater,” said Funzie Mosca. “Not the bathtub.”
“Ah, f--- it,” replied Bilotti.
“He was short – five feet seven. He was stubby – a rock-solid two-twenty. He wore a bad toupee. He had no tact, no charm, no sense of humor. He had a big mouth, and his piggish eyes were too close together. To the concept of self-control he was a stranger.”
Castellano’s choice of Bilotti as a driver, protégé, and later underboss belied a sophisticated image that Big Paulie had worked hard over the years to cultivate. Castellano may have chosen him because of his work ethic, he was “vigilant, hardworking, fearless, and, above all, loyal.”
Listening to the transcripts of the tape-recorded conversations from Castellano’s Todt Hill mansion on Staten Island and from the encounters with FBI agent O’Brien, it is easy to envision Bilotti as a Joe Pesci type mob character. Short, ruthless, excitable and, if possible, more foul-mouthed than Pesci. Transcripts revealed that practically all of Bilotti’s comments were peppered with the “f” word.
Perhaps the viciousness Bilotti harbored came about from the anguish he suffered in his personal life. He watched his first wife, Catherine, die a painfully slow death from cancer while she was in her mid thirties. Even after he remarried he continued to place flowers at her gravesite. Another personal tragedy was his autistic son who had been institutionalized since childhood. Bilotti loved the child and although he made regular visits to see him, he rarely spoke of him.
Bilotti served as Castellano’s driver and bodyguard. Again, O’Brien and Kurins describe his traits:
“As long as he was waiting on Paul Castellano, Tommy Bilotti was deferential, subdued, watchful yet calm, like a dog on a rug. His self-esteem derived from adoration of the master, and he could afford to be well-behaved. Problems occurred, however, when Bilotti was sent on errands of his own. Out of sight of the Boss, he got rambunctious. He tried to play the big shot; he overdid things. He got creative in a sadistic sort of way, and embroidered gratuitous cruelty through what should have been straightforward business transactions.”
One vicious incident took place in a Staten Island bar where Bilotti went one afternoon to collect an interest payment. The bar owner had already been given a brutal beating several weeks earlier and was still recovering and trying to pay medical bills. When Bilotti walked in with a baseball bat, several customers at the bar began to move towards the exits. “No one leaves,” said Bilotti. Looking at the bartender who had now turned white, Bilotti ordered him out from behind the bar and to get down on his knees in front of him.
Bilotti glared at the customers and said, “Why do you a--holes drink at a place run by a scumbag who doesn’t pay his bills? A f---ing deadbeat. How can you do business with a f---ing piece of s--- like this? And he’s a fa***t besides. You guys didn’t know that?”
Bilotti continued to make his point by pulling down his zipper and ordering the bartender to put his mouth on him.
“You see?” Bilotti told the customers. “He likes it.”
He then kicked the bartender in the chest, knocking him backwards, zipped his pants and left.
Not much has been written about Bilotti’s life prior to his association with Castellano. His older brother Joseph was a Gambino gang member. The book “Sinatra His Way,” mentions that another brother, Jimmy, worked for Sinatra during the 1970s and 1980s. Sometime after his death, Tommy’s home in Staten Island was purchased by actor Steven Segal. Bilotti’s record showed several arrests for assault and for weapons possession. According to street sources, he had been involved in at least eleven murders. O’Brien had once been warned by Bruce Mouw, who headed the FBI’s Gambino Family squad, “Don’t ever talk to Tommy Bilotti alone. He doesn’t play by the rules, (and he has a) very short fuse.”
One Sunday morning O’Brien followed Bilotti from Todt Hill to a beauty parlor owned by his second wife, Donna. While O’Brien watched on a nearly deserted street, Bilotti left by a back door and got into another car and pulled up next to him. O’Brien describes Bilotti’s demeanor during their face-to-face encounter:
“Now, most people, when they are building up to a fit of rage, need some give-and-take, some goading, to get them really psyched. Not Tommy Bilotti. When he got mad, it was like a nuclear reactor going into a meltdown. Once a certain threshold was reached, the process just fed on itself, the voltage increasing exponentially until the fuel was all used up and everything within a certain radius had been leveled. His voice got louder and louder, he made less and less sense. Soon he was just spitting out curses wrapped in random phrases, his face purple, his nostrils distended, ropy veins standing out on his pit-bull neck.”
Problems and ill-feelings had been brewing in the Gambino Crime Family since its patriarch, Carlo Gambino, named Castellano, his brother-in-law, to replace him shortly before his death in 1976. Many family members had no respect for Castellano viewing him more as a businessman than a crime boss. Others felt that long time family underboss Aniello Dellacroce should have ascended to the family throne. Dellacroce remained as underboss and worked hard to smooth the feathers of the young turks like John Gotti in the family. Dellacroce was successful for the most part until he died of cancer on December 2, 1985.
No one under Dellacroce would have made a move against Castellano while the highly respected underboss was still alive. Now that he was dead there was no buffer between the young turks and Castellano. At this time, Castellano made two major blunders in underestimating the resentment family members held for him. First he did not attend Dellacroce’s wake, which was taken as an intentional insult to all those who had respected the underboss. Second, he named Bilotti his new underboss without any input from the other family capos.
Castellano had rewarded Bilotti for his loyalty. At the same time, he also signed Bilotti’s death warrant. The disregard Castellano showed to the disgruntled factions within the family would prove to be his undoing. In addition, the famous “commission case” had already begun with indictments unsealed in February 1985 against the heads of the five New York families. Castellano and the other family bosses were looking at 100 years in prison. The possibility that Bilotti would be left to run the Gambino family must have left members of all five families shaking their heads. It also made it easier for John Gotti to get the approval of the commission to eliminate the two.
On December 16, 1985 Bilotti and Castellano drove to Sparks Steak House on East 46th Street between Second and Third Avenue. Bilotti and Castellano got out of the Lincoln as four gunmen closed in on them. The killers shot Castellano first. Bilotti, standing in the street, squatted down and watched as the killers unloaded their guns into the Gambino boss. At the same time, Gotti gunman John Carneglia came up behind Bilotti and pumped six bullets into the recently appointed underboss. Seconds after the shooting, a second Lincoln containing John Gotti and Sammy Gravano drove past the bloody scene. In 1992, Gravano testified at Gotti’s trial, that when they pulled up he looked down at Bilotti’s body, “I told John he was gone.”
Bilotti and Castellano were both laid to rest in the Moravian Cemetery near Todt Hill. Bilotti was in a simple grave just fifty yards from the Castellano crypt. Perhaps even in death Bilotti was still the ever-faithful watchdog to his master.

If this is true, Bilotti was one mean SOB!

Re: It would have took guns to get Tommy Bilotti - 03/13/13 09:49 PM

Originally Posted By: NickyScarfo
Apparently Bilotti was like 5 foot 8 and 220 pounds pretty solid

Very true!

Re: It would have took guns to get Tommy Bilotti - 03/13/13 09:50 PM

LCN1987, awesome bio on Tommy B. He was a mean dude and had some painful things happen to him in his life.
Posted By: Philip_Lombardo

Re: It would have took guns to get Tommy Bilotti - 09/06/13 03:45 PM

They should have tried the original plan of killing Bilotti in his home
Posted By: GaryH

Re: It would have took guns to get Tommy Bilotti - 09/06/13 05:17 PM

Bilotti was a Pitbull thats for sure
Posted By: Thaddeus

Re: It would have took guns to get Tommy Bilotti - 09/06/13 11:16 PM

I can't see or hear the name Tommy Bilotti without doing my impression of Armand Assantes impression of Gotti, "that zombie Bilotti, doberman my ass!" Much to the chagrin of anyone around me.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET