Home

If you could revive a family

Posted By: Jenkins

If you could revive a family - 03/01/13 08:15 PM

Say you were an up and coming mobster and could somehow take control of a family (active or defunct) and build it back to prominence, which would you choose? Being from the south I would pick New Orleans because it would be nice to have a strong southern LCN family. Outside of that I think the Colombo family in NYC would be a good choice. They are one of the weaker "five" but they have a strong history and it'd be cool to see them rise up after the Persico regime comes to an end.
Posted By: AmericanCrime

Re: If you could revive a family - 03/02/13 12:57 AM

Wow. Good question.
I think I'd have to go with Trafficante or Los Angeles.
Seemed like such a waste. Such good real estate for a family to be in. South Florida and the LA area, respectively. But otherwise for much of the same reasons. They were kinda an oddity in their locales in their heyday. I find small families pretty fascinating.
Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: If you could revive a family - 03/02/13 01:00 AM

Milwaukee
Posted By: TonyBoy117

Re: If you could revive a family - 03/02/13 02:51 AM

San Francisco,
Posted By: Ghost_Town_Jimmy

Re: If you could revive a family - 03/02/13 03:22 AM

Buffalo.
Posted By: AndrewDiDonato

Re: If you could revive a family - 03/02/13 12:43 PM

Not to spoil the fun for everyone. This would never happen. Re-building a defunct crime family, that would take atleast over 5 decades. Law enforcement would come down hard. In this era, we have motorcycle gangs, hispanic and black gangs all trying to divide the streets, and making money in the streets aswell. Too many informants are coming up now, the old tradition has sadly passed away. One informant would blow the whole organization up, all that hardwork would be wasted.
Posted By: Friend_of_Henry

Re: If you could revive a family - 03/02/13 05:38 PM

The John LaRocca days of Pittsburgh!
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: If you could revive a family - 03/02/13 07:05 PM

it seems strange that what remains of the family of New Orleans, has been unable to rebuild after Hurricane Katrina, I choose New Orleans. and for Andrew in my old post

http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=632559

New York residing there members of the family Schirripa, of Locri (RC) and of Gioiosa Jonica (RC), affiliated to the dangerous gang-Aquino Marshalling Gioiosa Jonica, in a broad context associations, took care of the import and transportation of cocaine from South America, via Mexico, up to Calabria. Two of them, Giulio and Vicenzo Schirripa, who ran a pizzeria in New York, arrested in September 2008, were in contact with the group of drug traffickers led by Luis Calderon and Ecuador with the Los Zetas. Teresa Roccisano, from Gioiosa Jonica, wife of Pasquale Schirripa, was considered as an element of connection with the Italian organization.

is difficult, but not impossible for that to happen, if Schrippa were in New Orleans could (in theory) unite with what remains of the family, and rebuild it. but it is my opinion.
Posted By: TonyBoy117

Re: If you could revive a family - 03/02/13 07:09 PM

You could argue Uncle Joe Ligambi did precisly that when he took over Philly
Posted By: azguy

Re: If you could revive a family - 03/02/13 11:18 PM

Florida, Trafficante was such a major player and Florida has the right type of environment to still be a major player. too sad...
Posted By: MeyerLansky

Re: If you could revive a family - 03/03/13 10:14 PM

Los Angeles or Trafficante
Posted By: OldSmoke

Re: If you could revive a family - 03/04/13 01:30 AM

Don't know why, but I say Kansas City. So centrally located for cross-country operations.
Posted By: DuesPaid

Re: If you could revive a family - 03/04/13 01:45 AM

lucchese or The Colombo's but if The Colombo's it would have to be completely without Scarpa.
Posted By: 123JoeSchmo

Re: If you could revive a family - 03/04/13 01:54 AM

Lucchese's are already revived.
Posted By: Camarel

Re: If you could revive a family - 03/04/13 01:54 AM

New Orleans or Cleveland
Posted By: Philip_Lombardo

Re: If you could revive a family - 03/04/13 12:00 PM

The Nicholas Civella days of the Kansa's city crime family
Posted By: red

Re: If you could revive a family - 03/05/13 03:23 AM

Originally Posted By: OldSmoke
Don't know why, but I say Kansas City. So centrally located for cross-country operations.

Kansas meth capital of america.
Posted By: OldSmoke

Re: If you could revive a family - 03/06/13 12:12 AM

Originally Posted By: red
Originally Posted By: OldSmoke

Kansas meth capital of america.

So theoretically you can start up a business shaking down tweekers and cookers out there? You could probably drop a bunch of bodies because nobody cares about dead crackheads or methheads.
Posted By: SnickersMagillicutti

Re: If you could revive a family - 03/06/13 12:17 AM

Tampa

Re: If you could revive a family - 03/06/13 01:02 AM

You could probably drop a bunch of bodies because nobody cares about dead crackheads or methheads. [/quote]

good point!

Re: If you could revive a family - 03/06/13 10:08 PM

Originally Posted By: AmericanCrime
Wow. Good question.
I think I'd have to go with Trafficante or Los Angeles.
Seemed like such a waste. Such good real estate for a family to be in. South Florida and the LA area, respectively. But otherwise for much of the same reasons. They were kinda an oddity in their locales in their heyday. I find small families pretty fascinating.

I like how you think if i didn't know any better i say that you were made guy
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET