Home

Search for Hoffa imminent based on Zerilli's claim

Posted By: MacombGuy

Search for Hoffa imminent based on Zerilli's claim - 02/20/13 05:02 AM

Here's Zerilli's latest interview:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/Secret-meetings-with-aging-mobster-advance-Hoffa-investigation/-/1719418/18587856/-/8o935xz/-/index.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+clickondetroit%2Flocal+(ClickOnDetroit.com+-+Local+News)

Guess they're waiting for the ground to thaw out before the dig. Now, if they don't find Hoffa based on Zerilli's own words, than it's absolutely safe to say they never will.
Posted By: jonnynonos

Re: Search for Hoffa imminent based on Zerilli's claim - 02/20/13 05:26 AM

Absolutely fascinating. You know how the mob works though...someone could have come and moved the body 20 years ago...or last week.

Re: Search for Hoffa imminent based on Zerilli's claim - 02/20/13 05:55 AM

If Hoffa's body is found there, couldn't Tocco still be held criminally liable for this? Zerilli's met with the feds three times now...I wonder how much he's giving to them. So far, the only name we know he's given is Tony Giacalone, who has been dead for over a decade.

Zerilli's old man and the Giacalone brothers must be rolling over in their graves right now.

The biggest question I have is: why would they (allegedly) bury him on Tocco's own property?

Re: Search for Hoffa imminent based on Zerilli's claim - 02/20/13 05:59 AM

I guess so. Tocco's 85. My guess would be that the "Partenership" is in such a pathetic state that Zerrelli just doesn't give a f##k.

Re: Search for Hoffa imminent based on Zerilli's claim - 02/20/13 06:29 AM

True. But then again, these days, do ANY rats really worry about their safety?

And when it comes to Detroit, Nove Tocco would be the perfect example.
Posted By: Vigil

Re: Search for Hoffa imminent based on Zerilli's claim - 02/20/13 07:40 AM

Ol' Zerilli just needs some money and since he was shelved, he wants to get even. And if he is right, and Hoffa's, or another's, body is found out there, it will make a pretty big splash.

Re: Search for Hoffa imminent based on Zerilli's claim - 02/20/13 02:35 PM

Maybe all of the above... And no, I don't think rats worry about their safety.
Posted By: TonyG

Re: Search for Hoffa imminent based on Zerilli's claim - 02/20/13 04:13 PM

Clearly, Z needs the money - he said so when this story broke. He is so old, he doesn't care about any repercussions. Interestingly, he did not admit membership in the "mafia".

I hope they find Hoffa to put an end to this mystery. Does anyone doubt it was Tony Giacalone and Tocco? These names have been largely the leading candidates for years.

I would be curious to know what Tony Pro's involvement was. I have read and heard that he wanted Hoffa dead.

Re: Search for Hoffa imminent based on Zerilli's claim - 02/20/13 08:04 PM

From what I've heard there isn't much doubt it was Tony Pro and I've also heard Sheerin's book is pretty credible.

Apparently they did not want Hoffa to run for president of the Teamsters again because they had a good thing going with Frank Fritzsimmons running it, but Hoffa was going to run again anyway.
Posted By: Sonny_Black

Re: Search for Hoffa imminent based on Zerilli's claim - 02/20/13 08:09 PM

Originally Posted By: TonyG
Interestingly, he did not admit membership in the "mafia".

Ofcourse he won't.

I hope they have kept an eye on that spot ever since Zerilii's statements became public, as to make sure the remains wouldn't be moved, in case it's there...

Re: Search for Hoffa imminent based on Zerilli's claim - 02/20/13 08:35 PM

I was wondering the same thing. All I can think is everyone involved is probably dead.

Would be nice to see Chuckie O'Brien go down if he really had anything to do with it, as the family suspects he does.
Posted By: DiLorenzo

Re: Search for Hoffa imminent based on Zerilli's claim - 02/20/13 10:16 PM

Maybe they just wanna plant tomatoes !!! lol

An old Italian man lived alone in the country. It was Spring and he wanted to dig his tomato garden, as he had done every year, but it was very hard work for the aging man as the ground was hard. His only son, Vincent, who used to help him, was currently in prison. The old man wrote a letter to his son and described his predicament:

Dear Vincent,
I am feeling pretty bad because it looks like I won't be able to plant my tomato garden this year. I'm just getting too old to be digging up a garden plot. If only you were here my troubles would be over. I know you would dig the plot for me.

Love Dad

A few days later he received a letter from his son:

Dear Dad,
Not for nothing, but don't dig up that garden. That's where I buried the BODIES.
Love Vinnie

At 4 a.m. the next morning, FBI agents and local police arrived at the old man's house and dug up the entire area. However, they didn't find any bodies, so they apologized to the old man and left.

That same day the old man received another letter from his son.

Dear Dad,
Go ahead and plant the tomatoes now. That's the best I could do under the circumstances.
Love Vinnie
Posted By: tommykarate

Re: Search for Hoffa imminent based on Zerilli's claim - 02/21/13 12:34 AM

Hahhahahahaha that is freakn sweet.love it
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Search for Hoffa imminent based on Zerilli's claim - 02/21/13 12:40 AM

I hope they find him for the family's sake. A lot of people don't like Hoffa Jr. because they think he's a blowhard and that he was integral in throwing the wiseguys out of the Teamsters. But I disageee. By the time he came on board as the General President, the horse was already out of the barn. I get the feeling that he would have played ball with the mob if he had to.

Slightly off topic, I met Jr. once when I was a business agent for Local 813. He came by the old office on Park Avenue South. He struck me as a genuinely decent guy who really cared about the rank and file workers.

Re: Search for Hoffa imminent based on Zerilli's claim - 02/21/13 02:07 AM

Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
I hope they have kept an eye on that spot ever since Zerilii's statements became public, as to make sure the remains wouldn't be moved, in case it's there...

I bet the Feds have been watching it. It would be funny for them to bust some 75 year old out there with a shovel and a partially dug hole(s). If I were on surveillance and I saw someone head out there with a shovel, I would let them dig a while before I made a move. I hate digging holes.

I have heard that guys used to plant a tree on top of their corpse hole. That way in 5-10 years there is an established root system obfuscating corpse recovery.

Re: Search for Hoffa imminent based on Zerilli's claim - 02/21/13 04:47 AM

From what I've read this book pretty much solves the whole Hoffa thing.

http://www.amazon.com/Heard-You-Paint-Houses-Teamsters/dp/1586420895
Posted By: DiLorenzo

Re: Search for Hoffa imminent based on Zerilli's claim - 02/21/13 05:33 AM

Originally Posted By: tommykarate
Hahhahahahaha that is freakn sweet.love it
grin
Posted By: Ivan

Re: Search for Hoffa imminent based on Zerilli's claim - 02/21/13 07:39 AM

Originally Posted By: jonnynonos
I was wondering the same thing. All I can think is everyone involved is probably dead.

There's two people who are widely suspected of being involved that are still around: Jack Tocco, who was the acting boss of Detroit when the hit went down, and Tommy Andretta, who helped with clean-up at the scene of the hit.

Quote:
Would be nice to see Chuckie O'Brien go down if he really had anything to do with it, as the family suspects he does.

From what I gather he wasn't really involved with the murder conspiracy.

Re: Search for Hoffa imminent based on Zerilli's claim - 04/16/13 08:44 AM

I don't know why, but Zerilli's new photo page made me laugh:

http://www.hoffafound.com/autographed-photos/

Still no word on the dig. Not sure what the hell they're waiting for, really.
Posted By: streetbossliborio

Re: Search for Hoffa imminent based on Zerilli's claim - 04/16/13 09:50 AM

looool
Posted By: Dwalin2011

Re: Search for Hoffa imminent based on Zerilli's claim - 04/16/13 10:13 AM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
A lot of people don't like Hoffa Jr. because they think he's a blowhard and that he was integral in throwing the wiseguys out of the Teamsters.

Really???? So these people think he would be a decent guy if he cooperated with the mafia and hate him because he didn't? I can only imagine what these people do for a living.
Posted By: Philip_Lombardo

Re: Search for Hoffa imminent based on Zerilli's claim - 04/16/13 11:06 AM

might just go to these fields in northern Oakland county do some digging and claim a lot of fame for finding Hoffa might even become a news reporter like in Bruce almighty lol
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Search for Hoffa imminent based on Zerilli's claim - 06/17/13 10:13 PM

Jimmy Hoffa Body Search Hits Michigan Field

http://abcnews.go.com/US/video/jimmy-hoffa-body-search-hits-michigan-field-19421491
Posted By: azguy

Re: Search for Hoffa imminent based on Zerilli's claim - 06/17/13 10:38 PM

was that today that they were digging? It looked like it.

Barn, concrete slab, sounds about right.

Re: Search for Hoffa imminent based on Zerilli's claim - 06/17/13 10:50 PM

Originally Posted By: azguy
was that today that they were digging? It looked like it.

Yes.
Posted By: Skinny

Re: Search for Hoffa imminent based on Zerilli's claim - 06/17/13 10:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
A lot of people don't like Hoffa Jr. because they think he's a blowhard and that he was integral in throwing the wiseguys out of the Teamsters.

Really???? So these people think he would be a decent guy if he cooperated with the mafia and hate him because he didn't? I can only imagine what these people do for a living.

Union politics are very different than you would think

Re: Search for Hoffa imminent based on Zerilli's claim - 06/17/13 11:05 PM

what a story if true, after all these years..
Posted By: Lou_Para

Re: Search for Hoffa imminent based on Zerilli's claim - 06/18/13 02:30 AM

So let's say Hoffa's body is found. Now what? There will be no evidence tying anyone to the death, no traceable firearms in the hole,no fingerprints on the body,no nothing.What we will find out, after spending God knows how much time and effort,is what everyone with a pulse has known for decades.Hoffa is not only merely dead,he's really most sincerely dead.
Give me $100,000 and I'll give you an exclusive. Ready? HE'S DEAD! THE MOB DID IT! Does it really matter where he's dead?
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: Search for Hoffa imminent based on Zerilli's claim - 06/18/13 02:50 AM

Originally Posted By: Lou_Para
So let's say Hoffa's body is found. Now what? There will be no evidence tying anyone to the death, no traceable firearms in the hole,no fingerprints on the body,no nothing.What we will find out, after spending God knows how much time and effort,is what everyone with a pulse has known for decades.Hoffa is not only merely dead,he's really most sincerely dead.
Give me $100,000 and I'll give you an exclusive. Ready? HE'S DEAD! THE MOB DID IT! Does it really matter where he's dead?

Haha I agree he's fucking dead and they make a big deal about the shit people are sick of hearing about it. It's shit that belongs in those trashy tabloids.
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: Search for Hoffa imminent based on Zerilli's claim - 06/18/13 02:54 AM

What does Detroit really have to offer haha I hope they got some sort of confirmation from that old man it's legit other wise it's just like pulling a prank on the feds lol
Posted By: Jenkins

Re: Search for Hoffa imminent based on Zerilli's claim - 06/18/13 01:51 PM

Originally Posted By: jonnynonos
From what I've heard there isn't much doubt it was Tony Pro and I've also heard Sheerin's book is pretty credible.

Apparently they did not want Hoffa to run for president of the Teamsters again because they had a good thing going with Frank Fritzsimmons running it, but Hoffa was going to run again anyway.

The Hoffa stuff in the book sounds plausible but he also claims to have killed Joe Gallo which makes me question the whole thing.

Re: Search for Hoffa imminent based on Zerilli's claim - 06/18/13 02:42 PM

I heard earlier on the news this morning that a previous Hoffa dig cost tax payers $150,000, we should really stop looking and digging at this point if that number is accurate.

Re: Search for Hoffa imminent based on Zerilli's claim - 06/19/13 01:12 AM

Interview video with Zerilli

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/zerilli-talks-about-jimmy-hoffa-search

Anyone want to buy a personally autographed photo of Zerilli? whistle

http://www.hoffafound.com/

Re: Search for Hoffa imminent based on Zerilli's claim - 06/19/13 03:29 PM

The search and dig are over. No remains found.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/hoffa-mystery-fascinates-decades-19431247#.UcHNcfkcdv0
Posted By: Lou_Para

Re: Search for Hoffa imminent based on Zerilli's claim - 06/19/13 04:16 PM

If this was the most credible lead they've had so far,then maybe their lead criteria needs re-evaluated.They went on the word of a brokester has-been.Zerilli wasn't in on the hit, but he convinced the Feds that the hearsay he was offering was gold.

The original case agent didn't believe him,and said so.Zerilli just released an online manuscript,at the urging of his wife,so what better blitz advertising? Actually Zerilli is pretty slick.
He sells a book without having to print it, and gets publicity for it without buying ad time. Maybe he picks up a few Media appearances.
I think the most telling item is that the paperwork that the FBI filed in support of the search warrant is still "under seal".
Posted By: olivant

Re: Search for Hoffa imminent based on Zerilli's claim - 06/19/13 09:09 PM

By SHIMON PROKUPECZ NBCNewYork.com updated 2 hours 15 minutes ago

Possible human remains have been found by FBI and NYPD organized crime investigators digging at the home of a former mobster who inspired Robert DeNiro's character in the movie "Goodfellas."

Law enforcement officials told NBC 4 New York Wednesday that the potential bones were found buried in the ground, along with other evidence now being sent for testing.
Posted By: Camarel

Re: Search for Hoffa imminent based on Zerilli's claim - 06/19/13 09:36 PM

Originally Posted By: olivant
By SHIMON PROKUPECZ NBCNewYork.com updated 2 hours 15 minutes ago

Possible human remains have been found by FBI and NYPD organized crime investigators digging at the home of a former mobster who inspired Robert DeNiro's character in the movie "Goodfellas."

Law enforcement officials told NBC 4 New York Wednesday that the potential bones were found buried in the ground, along with other evidence now being sent for testing.

This has already been posted here - http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=720833#Post720833
Posted By: F_white

Re: Search for Hoffa imminent based on Zerilli's claim - 06/19/13 10:18 PM

Why is Zerilli talking about Hoffa is he trying to hurt Jack or is he broke as hell now.
Posted By: LittleNicky

Re: Search for Hoffa imminent based on Zerilli's claim - 06/19/13 10:35 PM

Why do people still care about Hoffa? Why does the government spend millions on this garbage?
Posted By: Dellacroce

Re: Search for Hoffa imminent based on Zerilli's claim - 06/20/13 12:16 AM

FBI ends hunt for Jimmy Hoffa's remains

The excavation of a rural field in suburban Detroit has failed to turn up the remains of former Teamsters union leader Jimmy Hoffa, the FBI announced Wednesday, adding another unsuccessful chapter to a nearly 40-year-old mystery.

Authorities stopped the dig after just a few hours on the third day.

"We did not uncover any evidence relevant to the investigation on James Hoffa," said Robert Foley, head of the FBI in Detroit.

"I am very confident of our result here after two-days-plus of diligent effort," he said. "As of this point, we'll be closing down the excavation operation."

Members of the FBI evidence response team look over an area being cleared in Oakland Township, Mich. yesterday.

Authorities have pursued multiple leads as to Hoffa's whereabouts since his disappearance in 1975. He was last seen outside an Oakland County restaurant where he was to meet with a New Jersey Teamsters boss and a Detroit Mafia captain.

The latest tip about Hoffa's remains came from reputed Mafia captain Tony Zerilli, who, through his lawyer, said Hoffa was buried beneath a concrete slab in a barn in Oakland Township, north of Detroit.

The barn is gone, but FBI agents on Monday starting poring over the field where it used to stand.

On Tuesday, authorities used a backhoe to dig and move dirt around in the section of land. Authorities also called in forensic anthropologists from Michigan State University and cadaver dogs from the Michigan State Police.

"Certainly, we're disappointed" in the results, Foley told reporters Wednesday.

He said about 40 agents were involved in an operation that covered about an acre. The FBI has not put a cost on the search, but Foley said it's more important to solve a case.

"With any investigation we consider cost-benefits analysis," he said. "The FBI and its partners are no corporations. We do not have a profit margin as a bottom line."

Hoffa's rise in the Teamsters, his 1964 conviction for jury tampering and his presumed murder are Detroit's link to a time when organized crime, public corruption and mob hits held the nation's attention. Over the years, authorities have received various tips, leading the FBI to possible burial sites near and far.

In 2003, a backyard swimming pool was dug up 90 miles northwest of Detroit. Seven years ago, a tip from an ailing federal inmate led to a two-week search and excavation at a horse farm in the same region. Last year, soil samples were taken from under the concrete floor of a backyard shed north of the city. And detectives even pulled up floorboards at a Detroit house in 2004.

No evidence of Hoffa was found.

Other theories have suggested he was entombed in concrete at Giants Stadium in New Jersey, ground up and thrown in a Florida swamp or obliterated in a mob-owned fat-rendering plant.

Zerilli, now 85, was in prison for organized crime when Hoffa disappeared. But he told New York TV station WNBC in January that he was informed about Hoffa's whereabouts after his release. His attorney, David Chasnick, said Zerilli is "intimately involved" with people who know where the body is buried.

Details are in a manuscript Zerilli is selling online.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/fbi_ends_hunt_for_jimmy_hoffa_no_. Looks like the feds finally gave up, wasted millions of tax payer dollars on the word of an old criminal, what a joke.
Posted By: jace

Re: Search for Hoffa imminent based on Zerilli's claim - 06/20/13 06:02 AM

Can Zerilli get in trouble if they believe he intentionally sent them on wild goose chase to publicize an upcoming book? Every so often another person comes along and gives information on where Hoffa is, I believe they should be prosecuted for giving false information. It costs us a lot of money and manpower to dig up those sites. It is a crime to give false information, but are they using loopholes in that law, or some other means of getting into trouble?
Posted By: Sonny_Black

Re: Search for Hoffa imminent based on Zerilli's claim - 06/20/13 02:46 PM

It seems like Zerilli has definitely fooled the feds big time. But they were obligated to take this lead seriously. They just did their job.
Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times

Re: Search for Hoffa imminent based on Zerilli's claim - 06/20/13 05:06 PM

I guess they "could have" relocated the body after it was buried, but it seems like STRIKE THREE you're out...
Posted By: Dellacroce

Re: Search for Hoffa imminent based on Zerilli's claim - 06/21/13 01:24 AM

Originally Posted By: jace
Can Zerilli get in trouble if they believe he intentionally sent them on wild goose chase to publicize an upcoming book? Every so often another person comes along and gives information on where Hoffa is, I believe they should be prosecuted for giving false information. It costs us a lot of money and manpower to dig up those sites. It is a crime to give false information, but are they using loopholes in that law, or some other means of getting into trouble?
although it is a crime to lie to the fbi during a criminal investigation, i dont think they would go after zirelli for it bc they would have to prove he did it knowingly and all zirelli would have to say is thats where i was told the body was.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET