Home

Families power in certain areas

Posted By: NickyEyes1

Families power in certain areas - 02/20/13 01:30 AM

Name the families in order who have the most power/influence in a certain area.
1. Brooklyn
2. The Bronx
3. Queens
4. Manhattan
5. Staten Island
6. Long Island
7. North Jersey
8. South Jersey/Atlantic City
9. Connecticut
10. Massachusetts
Posted By: Skinny

Re: Families power in certain areas - 02/20/13 01:39 AM

1-10 Westside
Posted By: TonyBoy117

Re: Families power in certain areas - 02/20/13 02:25 AM

The Genovese are the only family active in every single one of those places to some degree and are certainly the most powerful overall, I can't speak for therest but for The Bronx it goes Genovese,Luchese,Gambino,Bonnano, with the latter having largely diminished, I'd also like to add that the peckin order is likely the same in the northern suburbs like Westchester but without the Bonnanos altogether
Posted By: SharpieOne

Re: Families power in certain areas - 02/20/13 02:25 AM

1. Gambino...powerbase of fam. is currently Brooklyn.
2. Bronx - Luchese...toss up here between Luchese and Genovese. Bonnano crew all but gone. I'd listen to any arguments.
3. Queens - Genovese...Romanello and Tough Tony have had a strangle hold on the Corona area for some time. 10 years ago I woulda said Bonnano.
4. Manhattan - Genovese. Still some rackets in the Village and West Side, plus whatever's left on upper east side/harlem (which isn't much).
5.Staten Island - Bonnano...Last acting commission was SI based. Gerry Chili too. Vinny TV, TG...all homes on SI. Lots of sports books and vig with their name on it.
6. Long Island - Colombo...Tough to say for LI, but Tommy Shot's crew was a Long Island crime wave. Joe Waverly had business here too. Farmingdale/North Massapequa area...all Colombo. Although the most recent garbage guy to go down on LI was a Gambino made guy...young, too.
7. North JerseyGenovese...no question here.
8. AC - ??? Have no basis to venture a guess.
9. Conn..Gambino - Zeke.
10. Genovese...Springfield Crew.
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: Families power in certain areas - 02/20/13 02:28 AM

Originally Posted By: TonyBoy117
The Genovese are the only family active in every single one of those places to some degree and are certainly the most powerful overall, I can't speak for therest but for The Bronx it goes Genovese,Luchese,Gambino,Bonnano, with the latter having largely diminished, I'd also like to add that the peckin order is likely the same in the northern suburbs like Westchester but without the Bonnanos altogether

Agree

Re: Families power in certain areas - 02/20/13 02:43 AM

Patriarcas probably have more power in Massachusetts than the Genovese. Philly and the Decalvacantes probably have the most in south Jersey

Re: Families power in certain areas - 02/20/13 02:53 AM

Ok i regress. 1-9 Westside. 10 is a toss up.

Re: Families power in certain areas - 02/20/13 02:59 AM

Originally Posted By: SharpieOne
1. Gambino...powerbase of fam. is currently Brooklyn.
2. Bronx - Luchese...toss up here between Luchese and Genovese. Bonnano crew all but gone. I'd listen to any arguments.
3. Queens - Genovese...Romanello and Tough Tony have had a strangle hold on the Corona area for some time. 10 years ago I woulda said Bonnano.
4. Manhattan - Genovese. Still some rackets in the Village and West Side, plus whatever's left on upper east side/harlem (which isn't much).
5.Staten Island - Bonnano...Last acting commission was SI based. Gerry Chili too. Vinny TV, TG...all homes on SI. Lots of sports books and vig with their name on it.
6. Long Island - Colombo...Tough to say for LI, but Tommy Shot's crew was a Long Island crime wave. Joe Waverly had business here too. Farmingdale/North Massapequa area...all Colombo. Although the most recent garbage guy to go down on LI was a Gambino made guy...young, too.
7. North JerseyGenovese...no question here.
8. AC - ??? Have no basis to venture a guess.
9. Conn..Gambino - Zeke.
10. Genovese...Springfield Crew.

Genovese Queens? Thats one of the ones id argue against westside being dominant. Gambinos got 3 crwws in HB alone! Long Island Colombo? You ever been to long island? Just bc most colombo/bonanno guys live there doesnt mean shit. SI either. Westside and Gambinos share BK, QNs, SI, & LI. Westside runs the rest. Tony megale and Funzi be damned.

Westside guys and philly guys are in AC. Never heard of Decav guys....
Posted By: scarfacetm

Re: Families power in certain areas - 02/20/13 03:30 AM

Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1
Patriarcas probably have more power in Massachusetts than the Genovese.
That's true to an extent. The Patriarca family is the New England family based in both Providence and Boston, but generally its a smaller family so they usually work with one of the New York families. When Patriarca sr was boss, he had strong ties to both the Genovese and Colombo families. The ties with the Genovese family is how they worked out that the Connecticut river would separate the New York families and the Patriarca family. They also decided that the Genoveses would control Hartford, Springfield and Albany while Patriarca controlled Boston, Worcester and all of Maine. The most recent "boss" for the New England family was shaking down strip clubs in Rhode Island with members of the Gambino family back in 2010, so its kind of a mutual thing.

Re: Families power in certain areas - 02/20/13 03:43 AM

So the boss of New England is doing shake downs? Do the Patriarcas control anything today other than Boston and Providence?

Re: Families power in certain areas - 02/20/13 04:04 AM

Now adays? probably not, maybe some stuff in maine, new hampshire, parts of mass and rhode island, but probably not much more than that.
Posted By: 123JoeSchmo

Re: Families power in certain areas - 02/20/13 04:08 AM

I assume they still got north end right scarface? I went there recently, place is still full of Italians

Re: Families power in certain areas - 02/20/13 04:16 AM

I would think so, I know they had a presence there still as of a couple years ago with both of the DiNunzio brothers being based out of the north end.

Re: Families power in certain areas - 02/20/13 04:19 AM

Both their fat asses got locked up. Both are big mouths. As far as leadership goes they have none. I'm still not sure where Peter Limone factors in all of this
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Families power in certain areas - 02/20/13 04:21 AM

Name the families in order who have the most power/influence in a certain area.

Quote:
1. Brooklyn

#1 Gambino
#2-5 Toss up between other families

Quote:
2. The Bronx

#1 Genovese
#2 Lucchese
#3 Gambino
#4 Bonanno
#5 Colombo

Quote:
3. Queens

#1 Gambino
#2 Bonanno
#3-5 Toss up between other NY families

Quote:
4. Manhattan

#1 Genovese
#2 Gambino
#3/4 Toss up between Lucchese and Bonanno
#5 Colombo

Quote:
5. Staten Island

#1 Gambino
#2 Bonanno
#3 Colombo
#4 Lucchese
#5 Genovese

Quote:
6. Long Island

#1/2 Toss up between Luccheses and Colombos
#3/4 Toss up between Gambinos and Bonannos
#5 Genovese

Quote:
7. North Jersey

#1 Genovese
#2 Lucchese
#3-5 Toss up between DeCavalcante, Gambino, Bonanno
#6/7 Toss up between Colombo and Philadelphia

Quote:
8. South Jersey/Atlantic City

#1 Philadelphia
#2 Genovese
#3 Gambino
#4-6 Other NY families

Quote:
9. Connecticut

#1 Gambino
#2 Genovese
#3 Patriarca

Quote:
10. Massachusetts

#1 Patriarca
#2 Genovese

Re: Families power in certain areas - 02/20/13 04:27 AM

Originally Posted By: 123JoeSchmo
Both their fat asses got locked up. Both are big mouths. As far as leadership goes they have none. I'm still not sure where Peter Limone factors in all of this
Last I've heard, he's still boss, though he's getting up there in age. I suspect power will end up shifting back to Providence in the next few years if it hasn't already.

Re: Families power in certain areas - 02/20/13 04:29 AM

Thanks ivy and sharpie. Ivy how does philly rank with other families in north jersey since they have a crew there?

Re: Families power in certain areas - 02/20/13 04:32 AM

Thanks ivy and sharpie. Ivy how does philly rank with other families in north jersey since they have a crew there?

I guess I should have put them. They would be last out of all of them. It's a very small crew with only a handful of made guys.

Re: Families power in certain areas - 02/21/13 12:00 AM

Why do the Colombos have no presence in the Bronx? You'd think they'd take advantage of any area they can get. Is everything already involved with other families?

Re: Families power in certain areas - 02/21/13 12:02 AM

According to ivy's list they have a presence in the Bronx.

Re: Families power in certain areas - 02/21/13 12:09 AM

Id imagine its pretty fuckin crowded....its not as if u can go into a nabe u dont know anyone and say "Hey guess what im putting money on the street!" Or "Im with the Colombos pay me protection!"

Re: Families power in certain areas - 02/21/13 12:11 AM

Originally Posted By: Skinny
Id imagine its pretty fuckin crowded....its not as if u can go into a nabe u dont know anyone and say "Hey guess what im putting money on the street!" Or "Im with the Colombos pay me protection!"
Not to mention they may have agreements with the other families "we won't control much in this area but in return we control this area" and such.
Posted By: Five_Felonies

Re: Families power in certain areas - 02/21/13 12:12 AM

does anyone (cough,ivyleague) have any specific info on any columbo operations in nj? they without a doubt have at least some small operations going on, but i never hear much in regards to any active crews. thanks.
Posted By: TonyBoy117

Re: Families power in certain areas - 02/21/13 12:15 AM

Colombos have no presence in the Bronx whatsoever and historically never did, your guess to why is as good as mine
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Families power in certain areas - 02/21/13 12:19 AM

Originally Posted By: scarfacetm
According to ivy's list they have a presence in the Bronx.

No, they might have a couple guys here but it's not enough to be considered a presence. Even back when the mob was strong here, the Colombos didn't have a single social club in the entire borough. And that's a fact.

But I do agree that a couple of individuals have had partnerships with some guys from the other families here. For instance, Richie Fusco was pretty tight with Greg DePalma. They were partnered at the old Westchester Premier Theatre, and much later they had a joint together over on Boston Road, near the Pelham line.

Re: Families power in certain areas - 02/21/13 12:22 AM

I know pretty much everyone family is in Brooklyn. I think the gambinos have the most people. But the Colombos, bonannos and even the luccheses have people there. The west side I think has a few crews as well

Re: Families power in certain areas - 02/21/13 12:31 AM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

But I do agree that a couple of individuals have had partnerships with some guys from the other families here. For instance, Richie Fusco was pretty tight with Greg DePalma. They were partnered at the old Westchester Premier Theatre, and much later they had a joint together over on Boston Road, near the Pelham line.
I'm sure that's how it is all over NY, you have some businesses or whatever under control of just one family, then you have some that families have arrangements with eachother on. Makes more sense to work together to make more money than it does fighting with each other on businesses. Kind of gives them that "I do this for you, you owe me this down the road" leverage.
Posted By: Frankie_Five_Angels

Re: Families power in certain areas - 02/21/13 09:07 AM

For instance, Richie Fusco was pretty tight with Greg DePalma. They were partnered at the old Westchester Premier Theatre, and much later they had a joint together over on Boston Road, near the Pelham line.

Was that the Crazy Horse?

Re: Families power in certain areas - 02/21/13 04:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Frankie_Five_Angels
For instance, Richie Fusco was pretty tight with Greg DePalma. They were partnered at the old Westchester Premier Theatre, and much later they had a joint together over on Boston Road, near the Pelham line.

Was that the Crazy Horse?

No, but back in the early '90s, Greg's son, Craig, had a club at the same location as the Crazy Horse. At that time it was called Pretty Woman. Prior to that it was an Italian restaurant called The Pine Tree (not to be confused with the Pine Tavern) for years and years. Today the owners aren't even Italian, let alone LCN connected.

Craig was partners in that club with Fat Pete, who eventually ratted. Pete's the guy who introduced Greg to "Jack Garcia." When Garcia wrote about it in his book he changed Pete's name and the name of the club. I'm not sure why because, even if you didn't know him, it's all a matter of public record anyway.

Pete's another cooperating witness who's living out in the open. I won't post where, but everyone pretty much knows (hey, at least he's not blogging like that Kenji, or living the high life on South Beach like that piece of shit Paciello). Greg and Craig are dead. Junior Gotti's out of the life. So truth be told, Pete really doesn't have too much to worry about anyway.

Re: Families power in certain areas - 02/22/13 05:27 AM

....ok thanks I should have known/remembered that....
Posted By: tiger84

Re: Families power in certain areas - 02/23/13 04:30 AM

Pete's another cooperating witness who's living out in the open. I won't post where, but everyone pretty much knows (hey, at least he's not blogging like that Kenji, or living the high life on South Beach like that piece of shit Paciello). Greg and Craig are dead. Junior Gotti's out of the life. So truth be told, Pete really doesn't have too much to worry about anyway. [/quote]

LOL paciello is by far the most hated rat of alltime hands down.I didnt care the guy but when i found out that he actually robbed a friend of his that was saving for his sisters wedding thats when i really saw this guy was a huge piece of shit.Even guys like casso and gravano were good to those who were close to them.And apperantly he never fucked all those girls the papers claim.The persicos usually get revenge on people who fucked them but chris is living out in the open

Re: Families power in certain areas - 02/23/13 05:10 AM

Is Willie Marshall in the open... or still in Program?

Re: Families power in certain areas - 02/23/13 03:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Frankie_Five_Angels
Is Willie Marshall in the open... or still in Program?

Willie left the program YEARS ago. He's a lot more discreet than guys like Kenji and Paciello, but he does go back to Yonkers every so often.

Willie is the perfect example of when these guys create their own rats. He didn't do anything wrong. They forced his hand. The Feds found all that cash in his basement and his partners tried to paint him as a "dope dealer," or a "steroid head," so they could deny having anything to do with that money. Well, the latter may have been true, but he was about as much a dope dealer as Spongebob Squarepants.

Something like 40 guys were indicted in that case. At least half the Westchester and Bronx faction of the Gambino family. And they tried to hang the brunt of it on, and these are Willie's own words here, "a two bit leg breaker for the mob." They fucked him good and they paid the price.

Willie told the Feds to shove the Program up their asses pretty early on. And to be honest, I have more respect for a guy like that than a guy who begs for protection after he rats. Just my two cents. Sorry for the rant but I always liked the guy.

Re: Families power in certain areas - 02/23/13 11:28 PM

Thx PB. Yeah some guys around Yonkers like to talk bad about him for what he did... but they sure wouldn't do it to his face... he was always one of those guys who even the tough guys were scared of.

Re: Families power in certain areas - 06/13/13 09:44 PM

How about Florida?

Re: Families power in certain areas - 06/13/13 09:48 PM

How about Florida?

If we look at the cases in recent years, the Gambinos seems to be the most active down there so they'd probably be #1. The Genovese would be #2, particularly if they still exert influence over the ILA locals in Miami. Bonannos probably #3, Colombos #4, and Luccheses #5.

Re: Families power in certain areas - 06/13/13 09:50 PM

I've heard the Luchesses don't even have any activity down there. Is that true? Could you put Philly on the list since Merlino's down there?

Re: Families power in certain areas - 06/13/13 09:57 PM

I've heard the Luchesses don't even have any activity down there. Is that true? Could you put Philly on the list since Merlino's down there?

There's been little, if any, Lucchese activity in Florida in recent years. But I'd hesitate to say they don't have any presence down there anymore. Some more time would have to go by before I'd believe that.

Yeah, Merlino's down there, and there's been FBI speculation about what he may be up to with some Philly associates, but only time will tell if it amounts to anything.

Re: Families power in certain areas - 06/13/13 10:27 PM

Merlino is probably selling dope or something.

Re: Families power in certain areas - 06/13/13 10:34 PM

Heard that on the streets did you? whistle

Re: Families power in certain areas - 06/13/13 10:38 PM

Nope on this website

Re: Families power in certain areas - 06/13/13 10:44 PM

Where do you think these old farts spend there winters???? South FL is just a winter home for NYers. Just ask our resident old fart pb smile

Re: Families power in certain areas - 06/17/13 01:37 AM

California

Re: Families power in certain areas - 06/18/13 03:43 AM

Since nobody answered I'll guess
1. Whatever's left of the L.A. family
2. Gambinos
Posted By: Camarel

Re: Families power in certain areas - 06/18/13 07:40 AM

2. Gambinos

I wouldn't be surprised if elmwood claimed the LA family is really a close knit family based white collar orginization that the FBI doesn't understand.
Posted By: elmwoodparker

Re: Families power in certain areas - 06/18/13 08:00 AM

Oh I see. So every time I make a comment you want to provoke me into an argument. LOL. Boy, I must really bother you.

Re: Families power in certain areas - 06/18/13 08:05 AM

Originally Posted By: elmwoodparker
Oh I see. So every time I make a comment you want to provoke me into an argument. LOL. Boy, I must really bother you.

You don't bother me in the slightest i just find you hilarious, a genuinely talented comedian. Also i wasn't looking for an argument i actually thought you might've claimed that.
Posted By: elmwoodparker

Re: Families power in certain areas - 06/18/13 09:40 AM

Very funny! The Los Angeles Family doesn't really even exist anymore. Pete Milano is dead. He did not do much of anything anyway. The L.A. Family has been a joke for many, many years. Comparing them to Chicago would be like comparing a Little League Baseball team of 13 year olds kids to a Major League Baseball team.

Re: Families power in certain areas - 06/18/13 03:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Camarel
2. Gambinos

I wouldn't be surprised if elmwood claimed the LA family is really a close knit family based white collar orginization that the FBI doesn't understand.

Unnecessary

Re: Families power in certain areas - 06/18/13 03:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Camarel
2. Gambinos

Unnecessary

Ok then. rolleyes

Re: Families power in certain areas - 06/19/13 12:49 AM

2. Gambinos

I don't know if any of the families really have the presence left in California to make a judgement.

For what it's worth, in the earlier part of the decade, the annual Organized Crime in California reports claimed the biggest threat from traditional organized crime (TOC) to California appeared to be from a few East Coast crime families, who were firmly established in the state and often associated with power brokers in California, engaging in illegal activity between Las Vegas, Los Angeles, and San Diego; including loansharking, sports bookmaking, and infiltration of legitimate businesses such as parts of the entertainment industry (including the entertainment side of the gaming industry), food service industry, bars, restaurants, and nightclubs used for money laundering, profit skimming, consumer-fraud schemes, tax evasion, etc.

But it's interesting that the LCN hasn't even been included in those reports since 2005.

The reports also said the LA family was likely to continue to diminish, if not disappear, due to arrests and aging leadership; and they remained only sparsely active in a few illegal schemes, such as fraud and loansharking.
Posted By: Chicago

Re: Families power in certain areas - 06/24/13 01:06 AM

Ivy, The Kansas City Family was always close with Chicago. I know they have diminished through attrition and Federal (Rico) prosecutions, but they were a pretty good Family years ago. Are they not one of the current 10 Families left in America? Also, I don't believe there were originally 24 Families years ago, only because I heard a couple of those real small ones were really part of one of the Bigger Families. For example, The Springfield, Ma crew was part of the Genovese Family in New York. In your opinion and based upon more than one report, how many families were there say back in 1970 versus right now?

Re: Families power in certain areas - 06/24/13 02:56 AM

Originally Posted By: Chicago
Ivy, The Kansas City Family was always close with Chicago. I know they have diminished through attrition and Federal (Rico) prosecutions, but they were a pretty good Family years ago. Are they not one of the current 10 Families left in America?

No, not according to the feds or organized crime experts. Again, the ones remaining are the 5 NY families, New Jersey, New England, Philadelphia, Chicago, and maybe Detroit.

Quote:
Also, I don't believe there were originally 24 Families years ago, only because I heard a couple of those real small ones were really part of one of the Bigger Families. For example, The Springfield, Ma crew was part of the Genovese Family in New York. In your opinion and based upon more than one report, how many families were there say back in 1970 versus right now?

Springfield, MA was never considered to be it's own family. It's well known that it was always a Genovese crew. There were at least 24 at one point...

1. Genovese
2. Gambino
3. Lucchese
4. Colombo
5. Bonanno
6. Buffalo
7. New England
8. New Jersey
9. Philadelphia
10. Scranton
11. Pittsburgh
12. Cleveland
13. Detroit
14. Chicago
15. Milwaukee
16. St. Louis
17. Kansas City
18. Tampa
19. New Orleans
20. Dallas
21. Denver
22. San Francisco
23. San Jose
24. Los Angeles

The ones in question have been...

1. Rochester (whether it remained part of Buffalo or became it's own family in the late 1960's).

2. Rockford (whether it was it's own family or just an extension of the Chicago Outfit).

3. Madison (whether it ever had it's own family or was just an extension of the Milwaukee or Chicago families).

4. Newark (this family was supposedly absorbed by the New York families in the 1930's).

5. Springfield (probably just an extension of the Chicago Outfit).

6. Tuscon (was just Joe Bonanno, his son, and and a handful of loyalists).

7. San Diego (was absorbed by the Los Angeles family after Prohibition).

Of the 24 listed above, all (as well as Rochester listed below them) were still recognized by the feds in the 1970's except for Dallas.

Re: Families power in certain areas - 06/24/13 03:17 AM

Okay, That list looks very accurate. I didn't know if they were counting Springfield, Mass as a Family. What happened to Kansas City? No longer viable? Probably have a couple guys left doing things on their own which really isn't a family anymore. Who was the Boss of Scranton? That was a separate family? Must have been real small even 40 years ago.

Re: Families power in certain areas - 06/24/13 03:32 AM

Originally Posted By: Chicago
Okay, That list looks very accurate. I didn't know if they were counting Springfield, Mass as a Family. What happened to Kansas City? No longer viable? Probably have a couple guys left doing things on their own which really isn't a family anymore. Who was the Boss of Scranton? That was a separate family? Must have been real small even 40 years ago.

After the Strawman bust in the 1980's, there was some residual activity in the 1990's in Kansas City, and even a little over the past decade; including a bookmaking bust in 2010. But the feds no longer recognize them among the remaining formally structured, viable families. Scranton was the Bufalino family. The last boss was William D'Elia before he was indicted in 2006 . And even then he wasn't really the boss of anything anymore, as the family only had a few remaining members left at most. He also testified against Louis DeNaples in 2009. The Bufalinos were never a big family but, at their peak, had significant union clout and strong ties to other families in the Northeast.

Re: Families power in certain areas - 06/24/13 05:22 AM

I should also mention that Valachi mentioned a family in Utica,NY; Frattiano mentioned families in an unnamed Connecticut city and Steubenville, OH; and Bill Bonanno mentioned a family in Birmingham, AL.

Re: Families power in certain areas - 06/24/13 06:40 AM

As I said on another post, That Strawman Case was the beginning of the end for Chicago. That was the main reason why the Spilotro Brothers were killed in that brutal manner. Auippa, Cerone, Lombardo & LaPietra all went away to prison. Lombardo could not save Spilotro anymore. They blamed him. Thanks for the list of 24 families. Very good research.
Posted By: Vitto

Re: Families power in certain areas - 08/23/14 11:51 PM

Willie marshall a.k.a William Potenza.a.k.a D'vaine Is one of the toughest guys to come out of the Bronx,Westchester area (yonkers). Met this guy nice guy but you never want to mess with him very capable guy all around fighter, shooter.. Did what he had to do there was a plan in place and the others didn't follow through.. Believe me he's no rat was a loyal soldier.. Put himself out there and they backed out and took plea deal( john jr)willie was helping him,supposed to go to trial john would have gotten off because of willie testimony,but john gotti jr got bluffed by gov and folded and took plea deal..then Craig depalma was secretly ratting and all fell apart..from what I know he sat with all the big wigs in all the family's and did a lot of favors, big favors. he never hurt any of them and they still respect him..some things you take to the grave...depalma big mouth hurt a lot but willie disputed those tapes they had and saved a lot of guys greg was a greedy loud mouth..

Re: Families power in certain areas - 08/24/14 12:06 AM

Gambino mobster willie marshall (Potenza)only a couple of higher ups in family new what he was doing but Feds were all over him and communication got cut off and john jr gotti panic.. Rumor has it they are half brothers john gotti went with willie mom and she got pregnant and only greg depalma new and kept it sworn secret with john senior this was back in 60s they met out,one night stand..well don't know how true but willie looks just like john gotti.. And was gonna be proposed.. Jr and willie did have a falling out wonder what about??

Re: Families power in certain areas - 08/24/14 12:21 AM

Originally Posted By: Vitto
Gambino mobster willie marshall (Potenza)only a couple of higher ups in family new what he was doing but Feds were all over him and communication got cut off and john jr gotti panic.. Rumor has it they are half brothers john gotti went with willie mom and she got pregnant and only greg depalma new and kept it sworn secret with john senior this was back in 60s they met out,one night stand..well don't know how true but willie looks just like john gotti.. And was gonna be proposed.. Jr and willie did have a falling out wonder what about??

That's absurd. Not the part about Willie being a tough guy, because he most certainly was, and I've defended his decision here in the past:

http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthr...true#Post698897

I'm talking about that nonsense about him being Gotti's son and Greg knowing about it. Because first of all, Willie didn't start out with Greg, he started out with Vinny Artuso. Second of all, that's not the type of secret that would have stayed a secret. And third, he doesn't even look like Gotti. Thick dark hair and built like a truck, sure. But not his facial features.

Off topic, there was a rumor going around recently that Willie died. And welcome to the board, Vitto smile.

Re: Families power in certain areas - 08/24/14 12:54 AM

Your right Gambino mobster Willie marshall Potenza,did start out with Vinny Artuso back when he was in high school..wow you know your stuff.. Well there was a rumor about his biological father being Italian and that came up from greg depalma..but then again it was greg..willie was a good guy a shame they screwed him over.. Joe Messina talking about hating rats and being a boss became one, john jr gotti also ratted on several guys Danny Marino one of them then changed his mind(queen for a day)he was never made for that life doesn't matter who his father was.. I guess when shit hits the fan all these guys scatter and do what they have to do for themselves, just the way it is.. But that dude willie marshall was one of a kind took my buds back and saved his life among other guys he helped..true tough guy..
Posted By: Lefty_Ruggerio

Re: Families power in certain areas - 08/24/14 12:53 PM

What about Northeast Pennsylvania such as Scranton, Pa or its surrounding areas? I have heard things from people about possible small scale mafia operations, but never anything official since D'Elia went away.
Posted By: oldschool3

Re: Families power in certain areas - 08/24/14 06:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Lefty_Ruggerio
What about Northeast Pennsylvania such as Scranton, Pa or its surrounding areas? I have heard things from people about possible small scale mafia operations, but never anything official since D'Elia went away.

Died when D'Elia was put away....only a couple of old stragglers are left.
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: Families power in certain areas - 08/24/14 07:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Vitto
Your right Gambino mobster Willie marshall Potenza,did start out with Vinny Artuso back when he was in high school..wow you know your stuff.. Well there was a rumor about his biological father being Italian and that came up from greg depalma..but then again it was greg..willie was a good guy a shame they screwed him over.. Joe Messina talking about hating rats and being a boss became one, john jr gotti also ratted on several guys Danny Marino one of them then changed his mind(queen for a day)he was never made for that life doesn't matter who his father was.. I guess when shit hits the fan all these guys scatter and do what they have to do for themselves, just the way it is.. But that dude willie marshall was one of a kind took my buds back and saved his life among other guys he helped..true tough guy..

Where did you hear that?

Re: Families power in certain areas - 08/25/14 12:27 AM

Just know it's the truth plenty of people know...
Posted By: domwoods74

Re: Families power in certain areas - 08/25/14 10:32 AM

Ivy did the colombos not have a powerful crew in Massachusetts under Ralph deleo ?? They must have been pretty powerful he ended up street boss ?

Re: Families power in certain areas - 08/25/14 03:46 PM

Originally Posted By: domwoods74
Ivy did the colombos not have a powerful crew in Massachusetts under Ralph deleo ?? They must have been pretty powerful he ended up street boss ?

Well, if you look at the indictment and the articles about DeLeo, he was basically just running a small crew involved in drugs and guns up in Boston. He performed some job duties of the acting boss, like attending making ceremonies and some high-level meetings, but he really wasn't in a position to run the family in New York day-to-day, which is what an acting (or street) boss does.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET