Home

Gambino Consigliere

Posted By: ovation32

Gambino Consigliere - 01/25/13 05:50 PM

Who is the actual Consigliere? I have read that it is either JoJo Corozzo or Bobby Vernace.

I was always under the impression that JoJo was something of a joke. Gotti used to mock him relentlessly and, seemingly, the only reason he is what he is is because of his brother.
Posted By: Camarel

Re: Gambino Consigliere - 01/25/13 06:09 PM

Originally Posted By: ovation32
Who is the actual Consigliere? I have read that it is either JoJo Corozzo or Bobby Vernace.

I was always under the impression that JoJo was something of a joke. Gotti used to mock him relentlessly and, seemingly, the only reason he is what he is is because of his brother.

As far as i'm aware it's still Corrozo but he won't be released till 2016 http://www.bop.gov/iloc2/InmateFinderSer...mp;x=35&y=7

You never know though Dom may have named his own like he's supposed to have named Cali as his Underboss.
Posted By: gamms

Re: Gambino Consigliere - 01/25/13 06:41 PM

neither. bobby is in m.d.c.

Re: Gambino Consigliere - 01/25/13 06:52 PM

Originally Posted By: gamms
neither. bobby is in m.d.c.

Is there a current consigliere then?

Re: Gambino Consigliere - 01/25/13 06:55 PM

yes. and no to your next question.lol.

Re: Gambino Consigliere - 01/25/13 07:01 PM

yes. and no to your next question.lol.

I wasn't going to ask who it was.

Re: Gambino Consigliere - 01/25/13 07:05 PM

no you where going to ask me if i was free for lunch.lol.

Re: Gambino Consigliere - 01/25/13 07:10 PM

no you where going to ask me if i was free for lunch.lol.

I actually wasn't going to ask you anything i was just wondering if you think there's a new consig. But now you've mentioned it are you free for lunch? tongue

Re: Gambino Consigliere - 01/25/13 07:13 PM

I mean there is no reason an imprisoned person cannot still serve as official consigliere. Why would Vernace or JoJo not still be it?

Re: Gambino Consigliere - 01/25/13 07:16 PM

Also, any thoughts on the Lucchese underboss?

Re: Gambino Consigliere - 01/25/13 07:16 PM

Originally Posted By: ovation32
I mean there is no reason an imprisoned person cannot still serve as official consigliere. Why would Vernace or JoJo not still be it?

Possibly because Dom has taken over a name that springs to mind but tbh it's pure speculation is John Gambino.

Re: Gambino Consigliere - 01/25/13 07:23 PM

john is not consiglieri. bobby is technically still 'offical' but a consiglieri is no use behind bars or even super vised release.
Posted By: TonyBoy117

Re: Gambino Consigliere - 01/25/13 07:27 PM

For some reason I've suspected John Gambino also as of recently although I have no proof whatsoever but perhaps it's just Becouse of the whole "Sicilian Thing"

Re: Gambino Consigliere - 01/25/13 07:41 PM

john is not going to take orders from a guy like dom.
Posted By: 123JoeSchmo

Re: Gambino Consigliere - 01/25/13 07:47 PM

Guy like Dom? They dont get along gamms?

Re: Gambino Consigliere - 01/25/13 07:53 PM

john is a 'boss tweed'.he doesnt need to be mayor to run the city.

Re: Gambino Consigliere - 01/25/13 07:56 PM

So Dom is sort of like boss in name but he really has no authority over John?

Re: Gambino Consigliere - 01/25/13 08:00 PM

no.dom is the boss. he just didnt get there alone.

Re: Gambino Consigliere - 01/25/13 08:04 PM

Ah he needed support. I got you.
Posted By: tommykarate

Re: Gambino Consigliere - 01/25/13 09:44 PM

What about jackie nose? He's bn acting boss at 1time right.could he possibly be consig? Or is he just a captain? I doubt he'd be the consig but you never know I guess

Re: Gambino Consigliere - 01/25/13 09:50 PM

Originally Posted By: tommykarate
What about jackie nose? He's bn acting boss at 1time right.could he possibly be consig? Or is he just a captain? I doubt he'd be the consig but you never know I guess

It'd be weird 2 people from that crew being in the top 3 positions. My guess is Jackie tookover his crew from Cali when he was released but who knows.

Re: Gambino Consigliere - 01/25/13 10:18 PM

jackie will never be boss again. frank has his own crew.jack has a different crew. jack only had frank because of gotti.hes also on super vised release,he had to get permission to go to my father in laws funeral. frank was never acting for jack.by the time he got captain,he has his own guys.
Posted By: cheech

Re: Gambino Consigliere - 01/25/13 10:38 PM

john is a 'boss tweed'.he doesnt need to be mayor to run the city.

i like the analogy

Re: Gambino Consigliere - 01/25/13 10:40 PM

jackie will never be boss again. frank has his own crew.jack has a different crew. jack only had frank because of gotti.hes also on super vised release,he had to get permission to go to my father in laws funeral. frank was never acting for jack.by the time he got captain,he has his own guys.

what do u mean jack had frank cause of gotti? care to expand?

and i appreciate your posts, extremely insightful
Posted By: azguy

Re: Gambino Consigliere - 01/25/13 11:06 PM

I thought it was Bobby Vernace and there wasn't much speculation about it, it was confirmed by someone around the time we found out about Cali...Jojo can't stay out of jail for more than a month at a time it seems like, lol...
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Gambino Consigliere - 01/25/13 11:13 PM

Originally Posted By: azguy
I thought it was Bobby Vernace and there wasn't much speculation about it, it was confirmed by someone around the time we found out about Cali...Jojo can't stay out of jail for more than a month at a time it seems like, lol...

Correct. It was reported a while back that Bobby Vernace is the new official Gambino consigliere, replacing Joseph Corozzo. If somebody is has an "official" rank, they typically keep it even while in prison. Which is the reason there is often somebody "acting" in their stead until they are released.

Re: Gambino Consigliere - 01/26/13 04:37 AM

frank got put under jackie.just likw hal irving and joe ds book. being johns piss boy was the best thing that ever happened to him.
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: Gambino Consigliere - 01/26/13 05:03 AM

jackie Noss is a bitch

Re: Gambino Consigliere - 01/26/13 05:25 PM

Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti
jackie Noss is a bitch

Really, why ??

Is he out of jail now..??

Re: Gambino Consigliere - 01/26/13 06:19 PM

jackie Noss is a bitch

Really, why ??

I mean the guy got a nosejob and he was high ranking gambino and probably made guy you think he would stick up for himself and be like thats my f'n nose m'f'er u got a problem wit it! Instead his way of dealing with it..hes gets a nose job

Re: Gambino Consigliere - 01/26/13 07:38 PM

frank got put under jackie.just likw hal irving and joe ds book. being johns piss boy was the best thing that ever happened to him.

interesting you bring up hal...wonder if anyone has ever written a book on him

Re: Gambino Consigliere - 01/27/13 05:39 AM

jackie Noss is a bitch

Really, why ??

He was released last June and was on supervised release.
Posted By: Skinny

Re: Gambino Consigliere - 01/27/13 05:19 PM

I dont get whats the difference between probation and supervised release?
Posted By: SgWaue86

Re: Gambino Consigliere - 01/27/13 05:26 PM

I was under the impression that probation is for someone who has not been sectenced to prison and parole is for someone who has. I know out my way there different types of probation for unsupervised to ISP(intence supervised probation) and if you go to the joint then theres diffent level's of parole. I can only speak for state cases though i have no idea how the fed's work but i assume it's along the same guidelines.
Posted By: Skinny

Re: Gambino Consigliere - 01/27/13 06:08 PM

Yeah the most ive ever done is appear in court and pay a fine.

Re: Gambino Consigliere - 01/27/13 07:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Skinny

Supervised Release your going to have to report they come to your house they can do that with probation but its not mandatory it depends on what type of probation your on Ex. Reporting Probation or Non-Reporting
Posted By: Giancarlo

Re: Gambino Consigliere - 01/27/13 08:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Skinny

Supervised Release your going to have to report they come to your house they can do that with probation but its not mandatory it depends on what type of probation your on Ex. Reporting Probation or Non-Reporting

I mentioned this in another thread. NJ has whats called the "Intensive Supervision Program". You get released from prison but the PO controls your life. It's very Intensive as the name say's. I think this is the program Drew Micali got out on after he was sentenced to 5 years NJ state time. They pretty much control every aspect of your life for the duration of the sentence, but i guess it's better then being in prison.

It's really not parole, after you enter the prison system to begin serving your sentence you can apply for the program.

Other states might have similar programs, but i'm just familiar with the one in NJ.

Here's the official site for the program.

http://www.judiciary.state.nj.us/probsup/isp_intro.htm
Posted By: ronnie_little

Re: Gambino Consigliere - 01/28/13 02:57 AM

A little off topic but what happened to the soldiers electing the family Consigliere. It seems the boss appoints them now.
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: Gambino Consigliere - 01/28/13 11:13 AM

Originally Posted By: ronnie_little
A little off topic but what happened to the soldiers electing the family Consigliere. It seems the boss appoints them now.

You are right, Ronnie. In the past, a consigliere was elected by all the members which was essential because of the fact that he was meant to be a counselor to all members and a spokesman for them in front of the boss. In this day and age, when a gathering of 200 plus mafia members taking a vote can easily be interrupted by LE, I think the Families have adopted another way of electing the consigliere. However, I do not think that the boss, and only him, is appointing the consigliere. That would be undermining the soldiers and captains trust with the consigliere who is the one who is designated to represent their interests. I think today, especially with the bigger Families, the consigliere is appointed by the administration and a number of captains.

John Gotti was full aware of the traditional way of electing a consigliere. He was once caught talking to Joe N Gallo, threatening him with demotion if Gallo wasn´t going to accept Gotti´s takeover. Gotti said that he could easily replace all the captains in the Family by his men and that these captains would then have a vote of replacing Gallo with a new consigliere more to Gotti´s liking.

Gravano never talks about the traditional way of electing a consigliere. Most likely because he had overlooked this important tool of keeping the power balance within the Family. Or perhaps he never fully understood it himself, amazing considering he served as an acting consigliere for a couple of years.
In his testimonies, Massino doesn´t mention the traditional process of electing consiglieres either. I don´t think that he was ever asked about it which is a shame in my opinion. Every Mafia buff and every Mafia watcher who is interested in this aspect of the traditional way of running a Family, I´m sure, agrees with me.

Re: Gambino Consigliere - 01/28/13 05:51 PM

Tradition had been that the Capo's elect the consiglieres in the past, not individual soldiers. This seems to have been done away with over the past 25 or so years.

The idea and a good one at that was for a separation of power at the top and for the consigliere to be 100% impartial in mediating disputes, even if it was against the boss.
Posted By: ronnie_little

Re: Gambino Consigliere - 01/29/13 04:00 AM

Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles
Originally Posted By: ronnie_little

You are right, Ronnie. In the past, a consigliere was elected by all the members which was essential because of the fact that he was meant to be a counselor to all members and a spokesman for them in front of the boss. In this day and age, when a gathering of 200 plus mafia members taking a vote can easily be interrupted by LE, I think the Families have adopted another way of electing the consigliere. However, I do not think that the boss, and only him, is appointing the consigliere. That would be undermining the soldiers and captains trust with the consigliere who is the one who is designated to represent their interests. I think today, especially with the bigger Families, the consigliere is appointed by the administration and a number of captains.

John Gotti was full aware of the traditional way of electing a consigliere. He was once caught talking to Joe N Gallo, threatening him with demotion if Gallo wasn´t going to accept Gotti´s takeover. Gotti said that he could easily replace all the captains in the Family by his men and that these captains would then have a vote of replacing Gallo with a new consigliere more to Gotti´s liking.

Gravano never talks about the traditional way of electing a consigliere. Most likely because he had overlooked this important tool of keeping the power balance within the Family. Or perhaps he never fully understood it himself, amazing considering he served as an acting consigliere for a couple of years.
In his testimonies, Massino doesn´t mention the traditional process of electing consiglieres either. I don´t think that he was ever asked about it which is a shame in my opinion. Every Mafia buff and every Mafia watcher who is interested in this aspect of the traditional way of running a Family, I´m sure, agrees with me.

Thanks Hairy
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Gambino Consigliere - 01/29/13 04:18 AM

Whatever the traditional role of the consigliere was at one time, if you look at more recent examples, they're much more hands-on, i.e. running their own crew, directly involved in crimes, etc. I think it's mostly up to the boss but he has to take into account inter-family politics. So, if the boss is from one faction/area of the family, he may give the position to another to keep the peace. Of course, this is if a family is even using the traditional administration model and not simply an acting boss or ruling panel.
Posted By: johnnyboysala

Re: Gambino Consigliere - 02/15/13 01:12 AM

Could Patsy Conte be acting consig while Jojo and Bobby are out of the game? as Gamms said, a consig in jail isnt much use. Patsy's been around a long time, would have seen enough to advise on most situations. plus i read somewhere it was him that recommended Dom for induction so relations with the boss could still be good. Plus he was born in Palermo, so the Sicilian thing stands up. Just an idea
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: Gambino Consigliere - 02/15/13 11:43 AM

Originally Posted By: johnnyboysala
Could Patsy Conte be acting consig while Jojo and Bobby are out of the game? as Gamms said, a consig in jail isnt much use. Patsy's been around a long time, would have seen enough to advise on most situations. plus i read somewhere it was him that recommended Dom for induction so relations with the boss could still be good. Plus he was born in Palermo, so the Sicilian thing stands up. Just an idea

We haven´t heard anything from Patsy in a long time. At one time, I thought he had passed away but can´t find anything on that either. He seems to have...well, vanished.

It looks like Dom came up under Conte and later took over his crew. And yes, Patsy was born in Sicily, came over as as a 10 year old, I believe. His father, Nino was a powerful member under Anastasia. Nino may have served as underboss to him twice!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET