Home

Gaylords Bust

Posted By: BlackFamily

Gaylords Bust - 01/18/13 04:38 PM

Police and federal agents swept through several suburban homes this morning, arresting members of the "Almighty Gaylords" street gang following an 18-month undercover investigation into allegations of drug dealing, gun trafficking and violent intimidation.

Nine members of the gang were charged with federal gun crimes, including selling an AK-47 assault rifle, and six others were charged with state drug and gang crimes, according to the U.S. Attorney's office.

Since 2009, an informant inside the gang has supplied investigators, led by the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, with information about illegal gun deals, peddling drugs, and violence, according to authorities.

Charged in the case is the alleged leader of the Addison faction of the gang, James Grace, 40, as well as Edward Rand, 46, and Daniel Springhorn, who allegedly supplied the gang with guns they purchased in Wisconsin. Springhorn, 56, known as "Stonegreaser," lives in Sharon, Wis., and Rand lives in far north suburban Antioch. Other members arrested today live in Lombard, Villa Park, and Elmhurst.

The federal charges carry a maximum penalty of 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine on each count. All nine defendants were scheduled to appear in court later today.
Posted By: tommykarate

Re: Gaylords Bust - 01/18/13 05:44 PM

The gaylords? Could u imagine using that name to intimidate some1? The gaylords said you better pay up....or else...lol
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: Gaylords Bust - 01/18/13 06:05 PM

Boss Gaylotf since you've risen to rang or queer welcome to the family lol
Posted By: Skinny

Re: Gaylords Bust - 01/18/13 06:13 PM

All the gaylords in NY hang out in the village.
Posted By: ThePolakVet

Re: Gaylords Bust - 01/18/13 08:20 PM

Was I the only one searching in this topic to be stated that it's a gay gang? grin

Re: Gaylords Bust - 01/18/13 08:35 PM

I dont know i dont speak english either.
Posted By: Camarel

Re: Gaylords Bust - 01/18/13 09:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Skinny

That was uncalled for, English is his second language i presume.
Posted By: BlackFamily

Re: Gaylords Bust - 01/18/13 09:35 PM

Thought that this article might be unique to post. Gaylords been around since the 50's. They're are one of the greaser gangs still active.

Re: Gaylords Bust - 01/19/13 02:19 AM

Originally Posted By: Camarel
Originally Posted By: Skinny

That was uncalled for, English is his second language i presume.

Im kidding im kidding lol
Posted By: The_Premier

Re: Gaylords Bust - 01/19/13 01:54 PM

Originally Posted By: BlackFamily
Thought that this article might be unique to post. Gaylords been around since the 50's. They're are one of the greaser gangs still active.

It might be appreciated once the snickering has stopped.

'The original president of the Gaylords selected the name after reading about the Gaylords in the public library (the Gaillards, later anglicized to Gaylord, were people from Normandy who lived near the Château Gaillard, constructed by Richard I).'

- From wiki.

It's actually quite a la di da name really.
Posted By: Camarel

Re: Gaylords Bust - 01/19/13 02:09 PM

Originally Posted By: The_Premier
Originally Posted By: BlackFamily

It might be appreciated once the snickering has stopped.

'The original president of the Gaylords selected the name after reading about the Gaylords in the public library (the Gaillards, later anglicized to Gaylord, were people from Normandy who lived near the Château Gaillard, constructed by Richard I).'

- From wiki.

It's actually quite a la di da name really.

I never would've guessed that explanation lol.
Posted By: B_A_

Re: Gaylords Bust - 01/20/13 09:53 PM

Funny, I visited that castle/ruin twice. It's is famous as special example of medieval military architecture.
Posted By: jonnynonos

Re: Gaylords Bust - 01/21/13 05:01 PM

Funny they're still around. They were one of the stone cold greaser gangs who were essentially pushed out of the Chicago by the Hispanic, mainly Puerto Rican, gangs, which brought a whole different level of violence to the streets. They Gaylords had one very small foot in that world in the 80s but faded out pretty quickly. There are still a few small sets around from what I hear... from what I've seen you are talking about the lowest of the low on the Caucasian socioeconomic ladder. I looked at their pictures a few times online, they are basically the .001 percent of fat, drunk hillbillies left behind in formerly white neighborhoods that everyone else left about 40 years ago. Although the gang is far from exclusively Caucasian.
Posted By: OldSmoke

Re: Gaylords Bust - 01/22/13 12:31 AM

Simon City Royals are another leftover greaser gang filled with rednecks too, I think. Maybe I saw on a post here about them running meth in the trailer parts, i.e. white man's projects, in Mississippi or something. Know they're from Chicago originally.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET