Thanks for this ciro.
Posted By: SiciNy

Re: good article on Tino Fiumara - 01/16/13 01:30 AM

Originally Posted By: Camarel

Thanks for this ciro.

np, just found it and thought it was pretty interesting
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: good article on Tino Fiumara - 01/16/13 01:55 AM

The most interesting part of the article to me, when it came out, was that Fiumara had been part of a three man panel currently running the family. I wished they had identified who the other two were.
Posted By: SiciNy

Re: good article on Tino Fiumara - 01/16/13 02:03 AM

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
The most interesting part of the article to me, when it came out, was that Fiumara had been part of a three man panel currently running the family. I wished they had identified who the other two were.

me too. maybe Barney and Quite Dom were the other two.

Re: good article on Tino Fiumara - 01/16/13 02:13 AM

Originally Posted By: Ciro

me too. maybe Barney and Quite Dom were the other two.

An article that came out in 2009 said the family was being run by a "rotating panel" that included Benny Mangano, Barney Bellomo, Ernie Muscarella, and Larry Dentico. Some of these guys may have been the other two.
Posted By: Skinny

Re: good article on Tino Fiumara - 01/16/13 03:47 AM

It kindof a no brainer.

Re: good article on Tino Fiumara - 01/16/13 03:50 AM

Originally Posted By: Skinny
It kindof a no brainer.

Not necessarily. Not many people had heard of Danny Leo before he was identified as the acting boss back in 2006.
Posted By: EastHarlemItal

Re: good article on Tino Fiumara - 01/16/13 03:52 AM

Originally Posted By: Skinny
It kindof a no brainer.

Not necessarily. Not many people had heard of Danny Leo before he was identified as the acting boss back in 2006.

(no sarcasm) Ivy, where did Danny Leo originate from? Where did he grow up?

Re: good article on Tino Fiumara - 01/16/13 03:55 AM

Originally Posted By: EastHarlemItal

Don't have the slightest clue. I'd venture to guess it was probably around the Harlem/Bronx area, given what Capeci wrote about him and where his crew is still based.

Re: good article on Tino Fiumara - 01/16/13 04:10 AM

Don't have the slightest clue. I'd venture to guess it was probably around the Harlem/Bronx area, given what Capeci wrote about him and where his crew is still based.

Ah interesting! 108th FYI. Was in the Purple Gang on Pleasant Ave.

Re: good article on Tino Fiumara - 01/16/13 05:30 AM

Did he prefer boxers or briefs? Lincolns or Cadillacs? Did he ever wear white after Labor Day? Inquiring minds want to know.

Re: good article on Tino Fiumara - 01/16/13 05:36 AM

Did he prefer boxers or briefs? Lincolns or Cadillacs? Did he ever wear white after Labor Day? Inquiring minds want to know.

Why is the first question you ask about his underwear?

Thats fine Ivy I will not post anymore!

Re: good article on Tino Fiumara - 01/16/13 05:55 AM

The collective IQ of this section of the board will certainly shoot way up if that's the case.

Re: good article on Tino Fiumara - 01/16/13 06:01 AM

The collective IQ of this section of the board will certainly shoot way up if that's the case.

Like I said before, jealousy and envy will get you nowhere. You opinion means nothing to me.I would ask the Mods to take notice of your insult!

Re: good article on Tino Fiumara - 01/16/13 06:04 AM

Like I said before, jealousy and envy will get you nowhere. You opinion means nothing to me.I would ask the Mods to take notice of your insult!

Take it easy. I kid, I kid.
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: good article on Tino Fiumara - 01/16/13 09:23 AM

Why are you asking if you know the answer already? I´m tired of you trying to instigate fights around here. And I´m sure others are too! Cut it out EHI.
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: good article on Tino Fiumara - 01/16/13 10:09 AM

Here´s an interesting article, with a wire tap transcript of guys discussing Fiumara´s rise to power, found in Herald Statesman March 7, 1979.

"A former federal prosecutor says such was the power and fear of Fiumara that the brother of two men he allegedly killed remained loyal to him. This is the story courtesy of FBI tape recordings, of the making of a godfather. The principals are FBI informant William "Sonny" Montella, black dock union
chief Carol "Junior" Gardner and convicted mob and union figure Thomas Buzzanca.
Montella went to a coffeeshop at International Longshoresmen´s Association head quarters in Manhattan in 1978 to give Gardner a christmas payoff. Gardner, afraid Montella might lie testing his loyalty to Fiumara, who is not cut in on the deal, says I love him cause he was helping me when other people was trying to ---— me around.
Two weeks earlier, Montella and Buzzanca talked about Fiumara, referred to only as "T", over cheesecake at Pontes Restaurant in Manhattan.
Montella: "T" got himself a pretty good job at 36 years old.
Buzzanca: Tino is all right, a little hash, but...
Montella: The only problem with him is that from what I hear he brings a lot of heat surveillance.
Buzzanca: If he does he´s hash. But he´ll change. You have to appreciate the fact that if he wasn't what he was to begin with, he wouldn't have been there at all.
Montella: He's a nice boy but he's dangerous. And that's the problem.
Buzzanca: Well, that's how he got where he is and now you gotta temper that a little bit. You need a proper balance. You need, I think, there's three or four ingredients that make something work if you have two or three wrong, it won't work.
Montella: What's his good points?
Buzzanca: Tino's good points is that everybody fears and respects him. That's a good thing. He has blind devotion I mean if he's with you. If he could go inside with ya, he'll die with ya. His bad points are that, exactly what you told me
before. He doesn't know too much about this dock business so he's easily bullied by (unintelligible).
Later, Buzzanca says, I love Tino and I would do anything in the world (unintelligible). But he points out Fiumara still doesn't have the hang of the dock-crime business.
Buzzanca: I absolutely think, that this guy, aaa.. If he tempers himself he'll be great. 10 years from now. he'll be awesome. What this kid could develop to be. Absolutely awesome. Believe me. Believe me.
Montella: What's that mean, Tom? Awesome?
Buzzanca: He´II have the best of two worlds. Good sense, good judgment plus, which we all live under, fear. Ya need to have that balance. But be fair. And listen to both sides, not one. Not two. Don't have any opinion (Unintelligible) because the money don't mean anything. We´ll make money. We´ll steal it if we have to. But listen to this guy. Don't let somebody come up (unintelligible) ...Ten years from now, you and I will be sitting there sayin' that"

Posted By: southend

Re: good article on Tino Fiumara - 01/17/13 10:08 PM

good articles knuckles and ciro
Posted By: SgWaue86

Re: good article on Tino Fiumara - 02/22/14 02:22 AM

Gosh im feeling nostalgic and missing the funny argument's we used to have skinny,ivy,gamms,ehi. One by one how old friends are gone.lol
Posted By: domwoods74

Re: good article on Tino Fiumara - 02/22/14 05:02 AM

I think one of the guys on the rotating panel with fiumara was john barbeto
Posted By: JR18

Re: good article on Tino Fiumara - 02/22/14 07:11 AM

East Harlem, if you've got any more info on Danny L. it'd be greatly appreciated. Ivy, if there are FBI reports on his background it'd be great as well. I'm new around here, but I see that there are a lot of knowledgeable guys with different ways of getting their info.
Posted By: pmac

Re: good article on Tino Fiumara - 02/22/14 08:12 PM

I wonder who the informant was that said in the 70tys he was part of the fist. just read Bruno capo paty specs was tino first cousinnand they had a falling out when specs try to make a powerplay to take over the docks in union nj. im surprised the Genovese let him live maybe the 1 cousin thing got him a pass. think they were gonna charge him with ricci murder just hoping to make a case. pretty sure the triggerman was mike coppola, and he didn't flip. I was reading ganglang this week Gambino capo soony c the bk dock boss wanted to sit down with the westside so jis soldier primo talk with that guy punchy in bk but punchy told them there to much heat. wonder if he was reaching out to tino. funny how strong the bonanno were in the late 90tys and they never tried to get in the docks. there a pic in this book I got citizen Summerville of tino,buffalino,carl tuffy,howie winter in leavinsworth. says the boys of 84 talk about some powerfull guys from all over the place/
Posted By: Giancarlo

Re: good article on Tino Fiumara - 02/22/14 10:26 PM

Originally Posted By: pmac
there a pic in this book I got citizen Summerville of tino,buffalino,carl tuffy,howie winter in leavinsworth. says the boys of 84 talk about some powerfull guys from all over the place/

I remember you mentioned that photo with Tino in it once before in the rare pic thread. Can you post it up? Thanks.
Posted By: Snakes

Re: good article on Tino Fiumara - 02/22/14 10:47 PM

(left to right) Ed Dunn, Howie Winter, Bufalino, Tuffy, Fiumara
Posted By: Giancarlo

Re: good article on Tino Fiumara - 02/22/14 10:51 PM

Nice pic....thanks for posting it Snakes. cool

Re: good article on Tino Fiumara - 02/22/14 11:05 PM

Great pic snakes

Re: good article on Tino Fiumara - 02/22/14 11:52 PM

Originally Posted By: SgWaue86
Gosh im feeling nostalgic and missing the funny argument's we used to have skinny,ivy,gamms,ehi. One by one how old friends are gone.lol

I know right lol?

I meant Danny Leo and Barney for the ppl still interested.

Re: good article on Tino Fiumara - 02/23/14 12:27 AM

Skinny, what's up? Kind of a random question but if Tino was still alive, where would he be in the Genovese family, standing-wise? Fairly high up, I assume?
Posted By: Dellacroce

Re: good article on Tino Fiumara - 02/23/14 12:34 AM

He would probably be in jail, i believe before he died he was one of the main targets in the garbage investigation that took down papa smurf.
Posted By: Gingello101182

Re: good article on Tino Fiumara - 02/23/14 12:39 AM

I have to agree Dellacroce. Although I was thinking he would have been indicted with Steve Depiro in that indictment involving the Jersey waterfront. Also wasn't Tino named a member of the Genovese ruling panel before he died?
Posted By: DB

Re: good article on Tino Fiumara - 02/23/14 01:17 AM

Yes probably in jail but with a favorable plea . That case went to shit quickly tho. I'm curious about the new flip who owned satin dolls as I know who he is , he a wannabe , doubt he does any real damage , and defense lawyers prolly will dig a ton of info on him , which seems to be working these days , I wouldn't be surprised if they dug up some weird stuff , a lot of girls went thru his spots .

Re: good article on Tino Fiumara - 02/23/14 01:21 AM

Just asking because it seems like Tino was being looked at as a guy who could possibly play a big role in the family if he hadn't died.
Posted By: Gingello101182

Re: good article on Tino Fiumara - 02/23/14 01:28 AM

Hi Snakes I think you are right. I think he is one of the only guys that the Genovese would have considered making the official boss. Then again it does not seem as though they have any interest in the old traditional structure. There were/are definitely not many guys who have as much respect and influence as Tino did.

Is it still suspected that he was behind the Lawrence Ricci murder?

Re: good article on Tino Fiumara - 02/23/14 05:20 AM

Originally Posted By: Snakes
Skinny, what's up? Kind of a random question but if Tino was still alive, where would he be in the Genovese family, standing-wise? Fairly high up, I assume?

He'd be one of the ones running the family IMO. Probly from jail tho like Delly said lol
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: good article on Tino Fiumara - 02/23/14 12:40 PM

Tbere is NO way Ricci wouldve got clipped without Tino's say so.

And regards to whether he would be the boss? No. The West Side has effectively used a rotating panel since Chin. And thats not about to change.

Not for Barney. Not for Tino.

Re: good article on Tino Fiumara - 02/23/14 12:45 PM

Yeah I agree , the rotating panel has consisted of serpico, nigro , bellomo , cirillo barbeto , dentico Leo , fiumara and muscarella . There the ones we know about
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET