Home

Which Mobster has done the Hardest Time?

Posted By: NickyScarfo

Which Mobster has done the Hardest Time? - 01/11/13 03:17 PM

Which made guy has serves the longest sentence and is still alive and incarcerated today? I know there's probably a few jailed from early 1980s but 1970s? Even further back?
Posted By: SEAN_SOUTH

Re: Which Mobster has done the Hardest Time? - 01/11/13 03:49 PM

Joe Sullivan has to be one of em. In fact he spent his youth in reform school and spent much of his young adult life behind bars before he caught the big one.

He has been in since 1982. He has been serving time so long now and they just so love having him around they decided to re-name the joint after their longest serving mob patron.

Think he's still there anyway, at 'The Sullivan Correctional Facility located in Fallsburg, New York'
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sullivan_Correctional_Facility
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Which Mobster has done the Hardest Time? - 01/11/13 05:24 PM

matthew madonna from 1975 to 1995
eugene gotti convicted to 50 years in the last 80's ,maybe out on parole in 2015.
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Which Mobster has done the Hardest Time? - 01/11/13 05:25 PM

eugene gotti convicted to 50 years in the last 80's ,maybe out on parole in 2015.
Posted By: SC

Re: Which Mobster has done the Hardest Time? - 01/11/13 05:32 PM

Quote:

Al Capone. He served on the Rock. whistle
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: Which Mobster has done the Hardest Time? - 01/11/13 06:18 PM

Originally Posted By: SC
Quote:

Al Capone. He served on the Rock. whistle

I believe Whitey Bulger did also

Re: Which Mobster has done the Hardest Time? - 01/11/13 06:20 PM

Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples

I doubt given his last name they they'll let him out I don't know how they are viewed within NYC Social Circles maybe some older people here that are from NYC could shed light on that matter. News Articles not apply

Note: I'm not being a smartass as to the articles I say this because inner city politics vary city to city despite what the paper says
Posted By: southend

Re: Which Mobster has done the Hardest Time? - 01/11/13 06:35 PM

whitey bulger was in alcatraz but not for his whole 9 years that he served he also spent time in other notoriously tough federal usp's like leavenworth
Posted By: SonnyL

Re: Which Mobster has done the Hardest Time? - 01/11/13 06:36 PM

hes not a made guy but George Martorano is the longest serving non violent federal inmate in the united states hes been in for like 30 years on a life without parole sentence for drug trafficking
Posted By: andrewc

Re: Which Mobster has done the Hardest Time? - 01/11/13 07:26 PM

Senter is doing some real hard time
Posted By: zortium

Re: Which Mobster has done the Hardest Time? - 01/11/13 08:20 PM

Allie boy
Posted By: Wilson101

Re: Which Mobster has done the Hardest Time? - 01/11/13 09:14 PM

yea geroge cowboy martarano got screwed, plead guilty and still got maximum exposure
Posted By: Ted

Re: Which Mobster has done the Hardest Time? - 01/11/13 09:22 PM

Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti
Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples

I doubt given his last name they they'll let him out I don't know how they are viewed within NYC Social Circles maybe some older people here that are from NYC could shed light on that matter. News Articles not apply

Note: I'm not being a smartass as to the articles I say this because inner city politics vary city to city despite what the paper says

Gene is in federal lockup, so they can't keep him any longer.
Posted By: merlino

Re: Which Mobster has done the Hardest Time? - 01/11/13 09:50 PM

Originally Posted By: SonnyL
hes not a made guy but George Martorano is the longest serving non violent federal inmate in the united states hes been in for like 30 years on a life without parole sentence for drug trafficking

Agree on that one, he got screwed, but I would have to say Casso and Basciano that are in Florence ADX in Colorado the federal supermax which is a crazy lockdown facility with the worst of the worst, I think casso is somewhere else now because maybe he is sick?
Posted By: Giancarlo

Re: Which Mobster has done the Hardest Time? - 01/11/13 11:18 PM

No doubt Martorano got screwed on that deal, thanks Bobby. panic

Henry Borelli, doing 150 years for boosting cars. But sentenced for being a killer.
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Which Mobster has done the Hardest Time? - 01/11/13 11:22 PM

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Peter Limone. 33 years for a crime he didn't commit.
Posted By: Giancarlo

Re: Which Mobster has done the Hardest Time? - 01/11/13 11:23 PM

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Peter Limone. 33 years for a crime he didn't commit.

That must of sucked. lol
Posted By: tommykarate

Re: Which Mobster has done the Hardest Time? - 01/12/13 02:13 AM

Yea peter limone and the other 3guys that were locked up with him.im pretty sure 2ofmy em died in jail.but as to the original question id say donald 'tony the greek 'frankos.at the end of his book he says he's been in more jails then any other inmate

Re: Which Mobster has done the Hardest Time? - 01/12/13 12:06 PM

For a made guy who is in now, still alive, has anyone been in longer than Carmine Persico? I don't mean guys who are free today but currently incarcerated. I make it about 27-8 years for Persico now
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: Which Mobster has done the Hardest Time? - 01/12/13 04:51 PM

gene gotti

Re: Which Mobster has done the Hardest Time? - 01/12/13 04:59 PM

Would be hard to beat Gene Gotti
Posted By: Bostongeorge

Re: Which Mobster has done the Hardest Time? - 01/12/13 06:44 PM

John Carneglia.
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: Which Mobster has done the Hardest Time? - 01/12/13 07:13 PM

I guess that would be the bosses convicted in the Commission case back in 1986/1987. Furnari (Lucchese consigliere) and Carmine Persico are still alive.

Another made guy who was sentenced to life in 1988 is Antonino Aiello, the father of Tony "Ace" Aiello.

"Antonino Aiello, a heavyset and muscular man...was a millionaire several times over. Agents had seen him meeting Bonanno capo Salvatore Catalano and other major heroin traffickers at the Cafe Aiello during the massive FBI-DEA Pizza Connection investigation, but for tactical reasons they opted not to nab Antonino in April 1984 when they rounded up Catalano and 30 others.

Seven months later, on November 14, 1984, when a task force of detectives and federal agents raided his Middle Village home, they seized nine rifles and handguns and $91,000, but not Antonino. He wasn't at his father's home either, where agents seized $900,000 and $30,000 in "buy money" that an undercover cop had used to purchase heroin at a Harlem pizzeria that he owned, Tony's Pizza Parlor. They arrested his father, Vito, who would serve eight months in prison for holding the cash and guns for his son.

Two years later, on November 16, 1986, cops and FBI agents nabbed Antonino, who had changed his name, lost weight, grown a beard, and dyed his hair, in Patchogue, L.I. They also arrested his wife, Elizabeth, who was later convicted of harboring a fugitive and sentenced to three years' probation.

Antonino was convicted in 1988 as a heroin kingpin. Today, at age 66, [the article was written in 2005] he is serving life plus 140 years at Marion Federal Penitentiary. Several appeals of his conviction and severe sentence have failed, and in a landmark 1990 ruling, the Second Circuit Court of Appeals upheld a forfeiture of more than $5 million in cash, jewelry, businesses, and properties."

http://www.nysun.com/new-york/fathers-and-sons-and-lessons-of-crime/9355/

Gene Gotti and John Carneglia were convicted in 1989.

Re: Which Mobster has done the Hardest Time? - 01/12/13 07:37 PM

Nicky Scarfo has probably been in nearly as long as Carmine Persico give or take a few years and he was in both Marion and Florence ADX
Posted By: Camarel

Re: Which Mobster has done the Hardest Time? - 01/12/13 09:26 PM

Nicky Scarfo has probably been in nearly as long as Carmine Persico give or take a few years and he was in both Marion and Florence ADX

Scarfo got sentenced 4 or 5 years after Carmine, and i'm pretty sure Carmine had already spent 3 or 4 (give or take) altogether before the commission case

Re: Which Mobster has done the Hardest Time? - 01/12/13 09:29 PM

Sorry for hijaking your thread Nicky, but which current Us prisoner has served the most? I'd guess Charlie Manson at more than 40 years.

Re: Which Mobster has done the Hardest Time? - 01/12/13 09:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Camarel

Scarfo got sentenced 4 or 5 years after Carmine, and i'm pretty sure Carmine had already spent 3 or 4 (give or take) altogether before the commission case

Scarfo was still held without bail so hes been in since the day he was arrested but Carmine probably still has a few years on him
Posted By: TonyBoy117

Re: Which Mobster has done the Hardest Time? - 01/12/13 11:21 PM

Not that it compares to Persico or Scarfo, but Vinny Basciano is doing life at Florence and I believe he's in solitary confinement as well, the Feds wanted to give him the death penalty and he still don't flip, I give it to him he's got allotta cajones

Re: Which Mobster has done the Hardest Time? - 01/12/13 11:48 PM

Another one is former Genovese consigliere Jimmy Ida. Doing life while knowing that, if he had taken a plea deal, he'd probably be out by now.

Same goes for Gene Gotti and other Gambino guys that didn't take plea deals because John Gotti wouldn't let them.
Posted By: SiciNy

Re: Which Mobster has done the Hardest Time? - 01/12/13 11:49 PM

yea Ida got it tough. i read he wanted to kill Bellomo for alequiting (prob mis-spelled).

Re: Which Mobster has done the Hardest Time? - 01/12/13 11:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Ciro
yea Ida got it tough. i read he wanted to kill Bellomo for alequiting (prob mis-spelled).

There was an article about it. I'm sure there were a lot of details to it that weren't reported. What was reported never made much sense to me anyway. But time has shown who made the right choice.
Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: Which Mobster has done the Hardest Time? - 01/13/13 12:43 AM

Sorry for hijaking your thread Nicky, but which current Us prisoner has served the most? I'd guess Charlie Manson at more than 40 years.

Longest someone served with out dying is this guy. From 1899 to 1963!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Honeck

Re: Which Mobster has done the Hardest Time? - 01/13/13 12:47 AM

Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1

Current is the key word Nicky wink I'd already heard of him,thanks anyway though smile
Posted By: SC

Re: Which Mobster has done the Hardest Time? - 01/13/13 01:00 AM

Current is the key word Nicky wink I'd already heard of him,thanks anyway though smile

There's a guy currently serving a life sentence (for murder) in Connecticut since 1950.

Re: Which Mobster has done the Hardest Time? - 01/13/13 01:06 AM

Originally Posted By: SC

There's a guy currently serving a life sentence (for murder) in Connecticut since 1950.

That's madness,but fully deserved i guess. Have you got a link to his story SC?

Re: Which Mobster has done the Hardest Time? - 01/13/13 01:09 AM

That guy has served 63 calendar years, this is the guy who served the most in the UK (55 years) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Straffen

Re: Which Mobster has done the Hardest Time? - 01/13/13 06:15 AM

Another one is former Genovese consigliere Jimmy Ida. Doing life while knowing that, if he had taken a plea deal, he'd probably be out by now.

Same goes for Gene Gotti and other Gambino guys that didn't take plea deals because John Gotti wouldn't let them.

John Gotti had say on a Genovese Guy or just the gambinos?

Re: Which Mobster has done the Hardest Time? - 01/13/13 11:26 AM

Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

John Gotti had say on a Genovese Guy or just the gambinos?

No,he is only talking about the Gambinos. Jimmy Ida refused a plea deal while Bellomo took one which started a beef between the two.

Re: Which Mobster has done the Hardest Time? - 01/13/13 05:37 PM

a Massachusetts inmate named Peter Lodetto (or Ladetto with an A) I remember this guy's in a wheelchair and he's been down over 40 years I think he killed a cop with his brother he's in also a life bid. and my dear friend William "Lefty"Gilday he passed away in 2011 the very next day after my release after having served over 40 years for the murder of a cop. these guys are practically unknown besides lefty who had a pretty infamous history. my point being we can't possibly know whose alive and been in the joint the longest right now
Posted By: GaryH

Re: Which Mobster has done the Hardest Time? - 01/13/13 06:50 PM

John Pappa may one day set a record, he got jailed very young (21 or 22)

Re: Which Mobster has done the Hardest Time? - 01/13/13 06:56 PM

Gary did you put on Roy's Tie in his Honor? His junkie son is he still selling roys shit left and right on ebay

Re: Which Mobster has done the Hardest Time? - 01/14/13 01:11 AM

Camarel whos's your new avatar?
I was used to Vito Genovese lol

Re: Which Mobster has done the Hardest Time? - 01/14/13 08:01 AM

The cowboy from Mulholland Drive lol. Haven't you seen it?

Re: Which Mobster has done the Hardest Time? - 01/14/13 08:08 AM

The cowboy from Mulholland Drive lol. Haven't you seen it?

Great movie
Posted By: TonyG

Re: Which Mobster has done the Hardest Time? - 01/14/13 03:12 PM

Hard time is serving at the SuperMax pen in Colorado. Most of these guys spend almost all their time in their cell, with one shower a week. Casso and Vinny Gorgeous are out there. Are there any others?

Re: Which Mobster has done the Hardest Time? - 01/14/13 07:35 PM

Originally Posted By: TonyG
Hard time is serving at the SuperMax pen in Colorado. Most of these guys spend almost all their time in their cell, with one shower a week. Casso and Vinny Gorgeous are out there. Are there any others?

Vinny Gorgeous is still there for that letter they cought him sending but Casso has been transferred to a different facility
Posted By: spmob

Re: Which Mobster has done the Hardest Time? - 01/14/13 07:46 PM

Cowboy Martorano I feel bad for. dont make fun, but I actually wrote pardon letters for the man. Heres a guy who was a first time offender and a non violent crime at that who plead guilty and got life no parole. Hes in the can teaching, writing and doing anything he can to better himself and other inmates and hes going to end up doing life cause he didn't give up his pop or anyone else and got screwed. He has a couple websites out there. Funny story, he contacted my moms friend recently. It was his first girlfriend and hes trying to write a book about his life and wanted her consent.

Re: Which Mobster has done the Hardest Time? - 01/15/13 01:40 AM

Greg scarpa jr.went to jail for his dad thinkn he'd get a light sentence and got20years.then got 40more years in 98 I think
Posted By: streetbossliborio

Re: Which Mobster has done the Hardest Time? - 01/15/13 02:26 AM

I swear Matty Maddonna and Gene gotti have had a long time!

Re: Which Mobster has done the Hardest Time? - 01/15/13 04:59 AM

John carneglia has done just as long as gene gotti.they were both sentenced in the same case to 50yearsu or sumthn crazy cuz genes dumb ass brother said no plea.if I was gene uda said im sorry john but fuck yourself kindly and see you in 20insteada of50
Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times

Re: Which Mobster has done the Hardest Time? - 01/15/13 02:58 PM

I'm not sure the kind of time he did, but Sonny Franzese has certainly done a lot of time.
Posted By: MemphisMafia

Re: Which Mobster has done the Hardest Time? - 01/15/13 08:30 PM

Henry Borelli.He was already in prison around 1980 on the Empire Boulavard case.Then he got convicted with the others on Rico I believe.Borelli has been in around 32 years.

Re: Which Mobster has done the Hardest Time? - 01/15/13 08:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times
I'm not sure the kind of time he did, but Sonny Franzese has certainly done a lot of time.

He must be up there he's in his mid to late 90s now i think, altogether he must've 25-35 years and counting since he's in now, i think he'll die in prison though.

Re: Which Mobster has done the Hardest Time? - 01/15/13 11:54 PM

He must be up there he's in his mid to late 90s now i think, altogether he must've 25-35 years and counting since he's in now, i think he'll die in prison though.

I bet he'll make it out of prison

Re: Which Mobster has done the Hardest Time? - 01/16/13 01:07 AM

Lol i think i had a bet with mobguy that he'd die in prison
Posted By: dogzz

Re: Which Mobster has done the Hardest Time? - 01/22/13 02:21 AM

Herbert Sperling of the French Connection, been down in the Feds since 1973 and caught a life sentence for Heroin trafficking. He was a major heroin supplier for Harlem gangsters in the 60's. In the early 80's while on a transfer at NY MCC he tried to set up a heroin deal with Nicky Barnes and his son Nicholas Sperling not knowing that Barnes was already cooperating with the Federal Government, it got his son indicted. He's currently incarcerated at Allenwood Med FCI and has done time at time at Marion USP, Terre Haute USP, Lewisburg USP etc. He's rumored to have had Vincent Papa killed at Atlanta USP in 1977.
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: Which Mobster has done the Hardest Time? - 01/22/13 02:33 AM

Originally Posted By: southend
Originally Posted By: TonyG

Vinny Gorgeous is still there for that letter they cought him sending but Casso has been transferred to a different facility

what letter are u referring to?
Posted By: Skinny

Re: Which Mobster has done the Hardest Time? - 01/22/13 02:38 AM

Lol i think i had a bet with mobguy that he'd die in prison

I dont think he will out live his sentence but the bop will probly let him out to die with his family.
Posted By: ronnie_little

Re: Which Mobster has done the Hardest Time? - 01/28/13 03:18 AM

Sonny franchese has to be up there. John Pappa will one day take this title. He was like 24 when sentenced.
Posted By: GerryLang

Re: Which Mobster has done the Hardest Time? - 01/28/13 11:12 PM

Anthony "Bruno" "whack whack" Indelicato has done a shit load of time. Gennaro "Gerry Lang" Langella has done a lot of time too.
Posted By: Nicholas

Re: Which Mobster has done the Hardest Time? - 01/29/13 06:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Ciro

There was an article about it. I'm sure there were a lot of details to it that weren't reported. What was reported never made much sense to me anyway. But time has shown who made the right choice.

Didn't Ida have a thing with forcing the Jackson family to use a bodyguard?
Posted By: Skinny

Re: Which Mobster has done the Hardest Time? - 01/29/13 06:21 PM

That was Cabert!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET