Home

biggest brokesters in the mob

Posted By: dsbaloo

biggest brokesters in the mob - 01/08/13 05:17 AM

You hear the term brokester thrown around a lot.. I remember reading somewhere I think massino saying how big of a brokester nicky "mouth" santora was.. I never understood how on old skipper like him could be broke? Also I think leonetti said that out of 20 made guys back in the day sitting around bullshitting in philly 10 of them wouldn't have a dollar to their name.. Anyone have any insight on some more "brokesters"
Posted By: EastHarlemItal

Re: biggest brokesters in the mob - 01/08/13 05:29 AM

Originally Posted By: dsbaloo
You hear the term brokester thrown around a lot.. I remember reading somewhere I think massino saying how big of a brokester nicky "mouth" santora was.. I never understood how on old skipper like him could be broke? Also I think leonetti said that out of 20 made guys back in the day sitting around bullshitting in philly 10 of them wouldn't have a dollar to their name.. Anyone have any insight on some more "brokesters"

Joseph DeFede, deadbeat rat bum. Made his wife go on welfare!

Re: biggest brokesters in the mob - 01/08/13 06:08 AM

Aha yeah.. He's the one who stated when he flipped that all he made while acting boss was like 250,000 a year? How the fuck is that possible? Don't get me wrong 250k cash a year is good money.. But as acting boss of the luchesses? Sounds like shit money.. How is that possible?
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: biggest brokesters in the mob - 01/08/13 07:16 AM

They spend their money on junk

Re: biggest brokesters in the mob - 01/08/13 07:21 AM

By Junk look at the video around 51:00 its in East Harlem too where all the bosses come from!! lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN_oO4gkIWU

Re: biggest brokesters in the mob - 01/08/13 07:27 AM

sorry at 53:00 minutes the guy is on camera selling powder in East Harlem..

Re: biggest brokesters in the mob - 01/08/13 07:27 AM

Ha so in other words they make a lot of dough but they blow it on stupid shit as soon as they get it, although I'm sure there is some made guys who fucking make pennies.. Defede stated an average soldier was making like 50k a year.. In nyc that's fucking shit money. There is lowest level street dealers who sell coke who pull in more than 50k a year. Shit I know a fucking nerd who sells his script of blues (roxys) and yellows (norcos) and he pulls in around 40k a year just on that alone. Shits a joke
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: biggest brokesters in the mob - 01/08/13 07:38 AM

This guy would probably be on the list...

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manha...tGuG8eLJg9uCLSN

Re: biggest brokesters in the mob - 01/08/13 08:14 AM

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

That jacket is fake btw too lol what a loser!
Posted By: RichieAnimal

Re: biggest brokesters in the mob - 01/08/13 08:40 AM

Gambling I a hard habit to kick like using heroin. I knew this guy who had this nice business in kings plaza in Brooklyn. He was always broke he was even borrowing money from the securit guards,

Re: biggest brokesters in the mob - 01/08/13 08:47 AM

^ They go hand and hand if your going to live life have fun before you get old do it all!! gamble drink snort pussy!

Re: biggest brokesters in the mob - 01/08/13 08:59 AM

My next door neighbor is always talking about dying he is afraid of dying he is old like me. Finally I told him go to Vegas, do some coke and fuck a show girl to you drop dead. Then let the under taker worry about try to take that stupid smile off your face.

My brother is another one who worries about dying, he never says it but I know he does. My brother has a 17 year old son. He made me a legal guardian over him if he should die. I told him don't do that because my older brother is in a lot better shape then I am. I told him my son would do that. My son is 40 years old.
But he insisted it should be me, maybe because I have more money then my son smile

Re: biggest brokesters in the mob - 01/08/13 09:09 AM

I never really wasted my money I think it is stupid. My daughter bought a house a year ago in Belle harbor about 30 yards from the beach snd board walk beautiful. Until Sandy hit now tge beach was in her house. After it happened all she did was cry. Also all the people on her block were very cool.

So everyone came to help the area. I did too. Got all tge sand off her block fing big job. Her house was still structurely sound so it did not have to be demolished. Some houses on her block were not save able. They said she could not move back in to July. I told her to stay with us. But she did not want to do that. I guess too many rules to stay with me. So she rented an apartment.

Well she was still very unhappy. so I decided to spend some money on her snd her house. she just moved back in. The block is still messed up no more board walk. It will take years to fully store tge area as it was. But her and my grand daughter are happy again. So I am happy for them.

Re: biggest brokesters in the mob - 01/08/13 09:27 AM

Don't worry I'm sure her Insurance will pay her out

Re: biggest brokesters in the mob - 01/08/13 09:36 AM

Yes but she did not have flood insurance, and FEMA gave her some money. Heck FEMA gave me some money I live near the water in mill basin

Re: biggest brokesters in the mob - 01/08/13 10:33 AM

Ha so in other words they make a lot of dough but they blow it on stupid shit as soon as they get it, although I'm sure there is some made guys who fucking make pennies.. Defede stated an average soldier was making like 50k a year.. In nyc that's fucking shit money. There is lowest level street dealers who sell coke who pull in more than 50k a year. Shit I know a fucking nerd who sells his script of blues (roxys) and yellows (norcos) and he pulls in around 40k a year just on that alone. Shits a joke

When they took the 80's off the market profits suffered I know degenerate who does his whole script in a few days otherwise he'd clear 36 tax free off his script of 150 blues ...it was someone I had to cut off him and his mother are trash and junkies lol they fuck the system get all kinds of free shit and those scripts on top..he told me hes disappointed from his current law suit which hes sueing his girlfriends mom real classy family lol
Posted By: meffaboston

Re: biggest brokesters in the mob - 01/08/13 01:23 PM

Dicknose I watched that vid on you tube all I can say is wow right on the street like that I can't wait to get outta work to watch that doc....

Re: biggest brokesters in the mob - 01/08/13 01:27 PM

Ppl live off ppl like me who go to work every fucking day...47 million ppl getting food stamps it bottles my mind how many of those ppl are frauds...like u said they sue whenever they can sell there scripts sooooo many ppl do this its gross
Posted By: carmela

Re: biggest brokesters in the mob - 01/08/13 01:31 PM

Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Why would someone be walking around in a fake North Face jacket? They're not that expensive to begin with.

Meanwhile, I got a pocketbook for christmas that is probably more than most people's mortgage payment and random people on the street just assume it IS fake. But at least i know it's real. lol

Re: biggest brokesters in the mob - 01/08/13 05:21 PM

Lol carmela I now exactly what u mean...

Re: biggest brokesters in the mob - 01/08/13 06:35 PM

Originally Posted By: meffaboston
Ppl live off ppl like me who go to work every fucking day...47 million ppl getting food stamps it bottles my mind how many of those ppl are frauds...like u said they sue whenever they can sell there scripts sooooo many ppl do this its gross

I know I know I'm not gonna start huffin' and puffin' over it because its not like I can change anything so I rather just laugh it off

Re: biggest brokesters in the mob - 01/08/13 06:40 PM

Originally Posted By: carmela

Why would someone be walking around in a fake North Face jacket? They're not that expensive to begin with.

Meanwhile, I got a pocketbook for christmas that is probably more than most people's mortgage payment and random people on the street just assume it IS fake. But at least i know it's real. lol

The guys a loser...he went to steal a ring on craigslist and got massed and his ass kicked I hope he isn't a made guy lol ...I would never sell jewelry on CL that's asking to get robbed..that's if I would had some sickass gold and platinum pinkie rings laying around lol
Posted By: Wilson

Re: biggest brokesters in the mob - 01/08/13 06:40 PM

This is the same thing as the athletes who make millions and then end up bankrupt. They buy houses, cars, women, clothes. Then they end up not being able to afford the lifestyle and end up losing everything.
Posted By: gamms

Re: biggest brokesters in the mob - 01/12/13 09:58 PM

i dont see how little joe thought the average button makes fifty thousand a year. maybe thats after your kick and 'business expenses' [food and blow],lol. my pops sheet makes more than that,and half of the guys in his note book are dead.lol.

Re: biggest brokesters in the mob - 01/12/13 10:47 PM

Right? I know petty ass hustlers who pull in more than 50k a year.. If you have a button and access to all those connections I don't see how you can't make more..
Posted By: Giancarlo

Re: biggest brokesters in the mob - 01/12/13 10:56 PM

Originally Posted By: carmela

The prices of some of those designer handbags/pocketbooks are just insane. My wife was telling me what some of the top ones cost and i thought she was completely nuts. I can't remember the names of the companies but the prices were enough to give me chest pains. lol
Posted By: tommykarate

Re: biggest brokesters in the mob - 01/13/13 03:37 AM

Hah I bought my gf a 160$purse/pocketbook or whatever and was all happy thinkn I got her sumthn pretty nice and then she started showing me 1s I could get her that she really wanted.the cheapest was like 800bux.she never got it.I did get her a treadmill when she wanted it tho.was used 2times in6months b4we split up
Posted By: stern49

Re: biggest brokesters in the mob - 01/13/13 09:08 AM

Lefty Ruggiero.... Henry Hill later became pretty broke, but he was an ex-informant by that time.
Posted By: cheech

Re: biggest brokesters in the mob - 01/13/13 03:49 PM

Lefty wasnt as broke as you think, the movie did a bad job of portraying him....read the book
Posted By: Mark

Re: biggest brokesters in the mob - 01/13/13 03:56 PM

I had heard from a "guy" that if you openly flaunted your wealth in front of friends & people, eventually they would always hit you up for a loan or a financial favor. He preferred the appearance of always just barely "scraping by" and was never bugged by family and friends for a cent. All the while he was socking it away for a rainy day. Smart guy.
Posted By: southend

Re: biggest brokesters in the mob - 01/13/13 04:50 PM

Greg DePalma
Felix Tranghese
Posted By: MemphisMafia

Re: biggest brokesters in the mob - 01/18/13 01:26 AM

Jackie D Amico

Re: biggest brokesters in the mob - 01/18/13 01:46 AM

Originally Posted By: MemphisMafia
Jackie D Amico

He probably wiped Gotti's Ass for him...yet alone picked up any tab
Posted By: ronnie_little

Re: biggest brokesters in the mob - 01/18/13 06:03 AM

Originally Posted By: southend
Greg DePalma
Felix Tranghese

Greg DePalma- Look up brokester in the (mafia)dictionary and there is a picture of him. LOL

Re: biggest brokesters in the mob - 01/18/13 08:34 AM

Originally Posted By: ronnie_little
Greg DePalma
Felix Tranghese

Greg DePalma- Look up brokester in the (mafia)dictionary and there is a picture of him. LOL
a

I'm sure Greg was wealthy in his hayday I don't know a whole lot about him except the fact that he brought that fed in the family..I know he did some time and I'm sure the legal fees and time in jail killed him financially
Posted By: Camarel

Re: biggest brokesters in the mob - 01/18/13 10:47 AM

Greg DePalma
Felix Tranghese

a

I'm sure Greg was wealthy in his hayday I don't know a whole lot about him except the fact that he brought that fed in the family..I know he did some time and I'm sure the legal fees and time in jail killed him financially

It was also his fault Nino Gaggi was brought to the attention of the cops for the first time i think Nino wanted to whack him. I'm pretty sure he was the one who introduced Carlo Gambino,Tony Corallo etc to Frank Sinatra.
Posted By: GerryLang

Re: biggest brokesters in the mob - 01/18/13 03:00 PM

Only turds, rappers and "affletes" flaunt their wealth on gaudy over priced crap in my opinion. I know a couple of guys who are millionaires many times over who you wouldn't guess in a million years by their lack of accumulation of useless and over priced crap. You want to buy stuff, go for gold and silver coins or bullion, not some dumb ass bling that only a dunce would wear.
Posted By: Skinny

Re: biggest brokesters in the mob - 01/18/13 03:09 PM

Whats an afflete?
Posted By: carmela

Re: biggest brokesters in the mob - 01/18/13 03:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Skinny
Whats an afflete?

I think it's a play on the word "athlete".
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: biggest brokesters in the mob - 01/18/13 03:31 PM

That's not entirely true. It's true that Greg started out as a made guy in a great deal of debt because of the Westchester Premiere Theatre debacle. But then again, I've heard from people who don't have an agenda that that's probably the reason why Greg was made in the first place. He owed so much money that the Gambinos had to protect their investment by giving him his button. It's also true that he died broke. That Scores extortion case really did him in financially. The last time he came home (2003?) he was so broke that he was living in a crummy little apartment near the Tuckahoe train station.

But the "in between" time? Say, most of the '80s and '90s? The guy lived large, with a Capital G. Big house in Scarsdale. Fancy cars. Expensive country clubs. High end jewelry---not gaudy wiseguy crap, either---the guy was seriously hooked into the diamond district downtown from his years as a jewel thief and a fence. His sons had fancy cars before they graduated high school. He palled around with everyone from Willie Mays to Liza Minelli to Frank Sinatra. And he lived like that for twenty years. So if that's a typical "brokester," you must be living pretty good yourself.

Originally Posted By: Camarel
I'm pretty sure he was the one who introduced Carlo Gambino,Tony Corallo etc to Frank Sinatra.

Greg got the headlines because of that ridiculous photo op with Sinatra and all the Goombahs. But a Genovese guy named Louie---a REAL friend of Sinatra's---actually made the introduction.

Re: biggest brokesters in the mob - 01/18/13 03:53 PM

the same louie that we talked about not to long ago?

Re: biggest brokesters in the mob - 01/18/13 03:55 PM

Originally Posted By: gamms
the same louie that we talked about not to long ago?

wink

Re: biggest brokesters in the mob - 01/18/13 03:59 PM

lol.

Re: biggest brokesters in the mob - 01/18/13 04:02 PM

We haven't seen you here in awhile, Gammsy. How's Brooklyn treating you? smile

Re: biggest brokesters in the mob - 01/18/13 04:17 PM

i am back in arizona already.

Re: biggest brokesters in the mob - 01/18/13 04:20 PM

i am back in arizona already.

Nice. I'm heading south this weekend myself. Red-eye flight. It's the damnedest thing. My wife gets these migraines the last few years and flying during the day really messes her up good, so we try to fly at night. I can't do the drive anymore. I have to pee every third rest stop whistle.

Re: biggest brokesters in the mob - 01/18/13 05:19 PM

lol.the only car we own out here is my father in laws thirty year old lincoln.lol.

Re: biggest brokesters in the mob - 01/18/13 05:24 PM

lol.the only car we own out here is my father in laws thirty year old lincoln.lol.

Then don't forget your Tavares 8 track. It drives those old broads crazy.
Posted By: ronnie_little

Re: biggest brokesters in the mob - 01/28/13 03:34 AM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

That's not entirely true. It's true that Greg started out as a made guy in a great deal of debt because of the Westchester Premiere Theatre debacle. But then again, I've heard from people who don't have an agenda that that's probably the reason why Greg was made in the first place. He owed so much money that the Gambinos had to protect their investment by giving him his button. It's also true that he died broke. That Scores extortion case really did him in financially. The last time he came home (2003?) he was so broke that he was living in a crummy little apartment near the Tuckahoe train station.

But the "in between" time? Say, most of the '80s and '90s? The guy lived large, with a Capital G. Big house in Scarsdale. Fancy cars. Expensive country clubs. High end jewelry---not gaudy wiseguy crap, either---the guy was seriously hooked into the diamond district downtown from his years as a jewel thief and a fence. His sons had fancy cars before they graduated high school. He palled around with everyone from Willie Mays to Liza Minelli to Frank Sinatra. And he lived like that for twenty years. So if that's a typical "brokester," you must be living pretty good yourself.

(((I guess I was really refering to his last few years. Remember your only as good as your last envelope. I read that he bought a Jaguar and John Gotti asked him for it or he gave it to him, may not be true. You are right though he did have some good times. I also heard he had a heck of an art collection. Who knows I have had a very fortunate life. I do have two initials at the end of my name. ))

Originally Posted By: Camarel
I'm pretty sure he was the one who introduced Carlo Gambino,Tony Corallo etc to Frank Sinatra.

Greg got the headlines because of that ridiculous photo op with Sinatra and all the Goombahs. But a Genovese guy named Louie---a REAL friend of Sinatra's---actually made the introduction.

I screwed up the quote
Posted By: tiger84

Re: biggest brokesters in the mob - 01/28/13 10:53 AM

its probably some guy none knows who got made because he was a good debt collector and killer but when it came to making money he just couldnt do it
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET