Home

Which family is the most powerful in North America

Posted By: Revis_Knicks

Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 03:01 AM

I wanted to put which families are the most powerful in North America? Could you rank them? The reason I say North America and not just America is because of Vito rizzuto's regime in Canada. Also, what can you tell me about Gerard "Jerry" chilli? I heard about him from researching gus farace.
Posted By: Skinny

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 03:30 AM

Gerry fucking gets around. Jersey, Brooklyn, Florida, hes been hustling for centuries! Lol
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 03:57 AM

Originally Posted By: Revis_Island
I wanted to put which families are the most powerful in North America? Could you rank them? The reason I say North America and not just America is because of Vito rizzuto's regime in Canada.

The Genovese family. Always has been.

Quote:
Also, what can you tell me about Gerard "Jerry" chilli? I heard about him from researching gus farace.

Jerry Chilli is a captain in the Bonanno family. In 2008, Chilli and 6 others were indicted in New York on charges of racketeering, bookmaking, loansharking, drug trafficking, and tax fraud. In 2009, one of Chilli's soldiers (Thomas Fiore) and 10 others were indicted in Florida on charges of racketeering, check fraud, drug trafficking, transportation of stolen goods, loansharking, running high stakes card games, medicare fraud, forcing business owners to install mob-controlled vending machines, obstruction of justice, and murder.
Posted By: EastHarlemItal

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 04:09 AM

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
[quote=Revis_Island]I wanted to put which families are the most powerful in North America? Could you rank them? The reason I say North America and not just America is because of Vito rizzuto's regime in Canada.

The Genovese family. Always has been.

Always has always will be!
Posted By: azguy

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 04:27 AM

IDK guys, The Gambino's of the 60's and 70's were pretty damn strong...

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 05:27 AM

Originally Posted By: azguy
IDK guys, The Gambino's of the 60's and 70's were pretty damn strong...

Yeah I agree. Carlo was the boss of all bosses during his reign as don.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 05:37 AM

The Gambinos rivaled the Genovese in many ways from the 1960's to the 1990's but never supplanted them as the top family in the country. And even during that time, the Genovese were considered richer, better diversified, and more sophisticated in terms of their influence in labor unions and legitimate industries. It was the Genovese who represented many of the east coast families on the Commission and had the strongest ties with other families around the country.

While Gambino had a lot of influence on the Commission, and could be considered the first among equals at his peak, there hasn't been a "boss of bosses" in the U.S. At least since Maranzano and before anyway.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 05:39 AM

The Gambinos rivaled the Genovese in many ways from the 1960's to the 1990's but never supplanted them as the top family in the country. And even during that time, the Genovese were considered richer, better diversified, and more sophisticated in terms of their influence in labor unions and legitimate industries. It was the Genovese who represented many of the east coast families on the Commission and had the strongest ties with other families around the country.

While Gambino had a lot of influence on the Commission, and could be considered the first among equals at his peak, there hasn't been a "boss of bosses" in the U.S. At least since Maranzano and before anyway.

I agree with all of the above, especially when Tony Salerno was the boss!

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 05:46 AM

Originally Posted By: EastHarlemItal

Was this in reality or your land of make believe? whistle
Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 05:59 AM

Rochester Crime Family
Posted By: Scalish

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 03:50 PM

There is no question that the Genovese family is the most powerful crime family in North America and has been for quite sometime.

The only other family that even comes close is the Gambino family but we all know the damage that big mouth Gotti did to them.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 03:50 PM

Nicky eyes you are kidding when you say Rochester right?

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 04:02 PM

Denver. lol

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 06:10 PM

I disagree. But I'm not here to argue. Who is running things for the bonanno family since all of their top guys are in prison. I suspect Tony Calabrese but I don't know for sure
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 06:11 PM

It's almost certainly Vinny TV.
Posted By: 123JoeSchmo

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 06:16 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Theirs rumors Michael Mancuso has been calling the shots from prison. I don't know how much merit there is to them. But I suspect Tony Rabito, Sammartino and maybe Joe C are running things while Vinny is in the can. He gets out this May.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 06:19 PM

Originally Posted By: 123JoeSchmo

Theirs rumors Michael Mancuso has been calling the shots from prison. I don't know how much merit there is to them. But I suspect Tony Rabito, Sammartino and maybe Joe C are running things while Vinny is in the can. He gets out this May.

That's my point. He made a sweetheart plea deal that puts him on the street right away. He should be boss when he comes home.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 06:24 PM

He probably will be. How soon he'll officially be promoted remains to be seen. But the Bonannos need to choose a "boss" and not an acting one. There is no top boss anymore. Basciano's in jail, Montagna's dead. Idk what's holding them back.
Posted By: LCN1987

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 06:39 PM

ROFL.
Posted By: Strax

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 06:44 PM

Genovese family

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 06:44 PM

He probably will be. How soon he'll officially be promoted remains to be seen. But the Bonannos need to choose a "boss" and not an acting one. There is no top boss anymore. Basciano's in jail, Montagna's dead. Idk what's holding them back.

Vinny TV will be out in may of next year most likely so he is still running things I suppose. He only went away for a short amount of time. Is there anything else you guys can tell me about Jerry chilli or possibly his son who was murdered? May he RIP.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 06:45 PM

I don't really get this. I'm guessing its a joke but I guess I'm not catching on lol

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 06:48 PM

I don't really get this. I'm guessing its a joke but I guess I'm not catching on lol

Inside joke! Ivy is the President of the Chin Gigante fan club and doesn't like to admit FT Tony Salerno was the boss!

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 06:50 PM

Inside joke! Ivy is the President of the Chin Gigante fan club and doesn't like to admit FT Tony Salerno was the boss!

Ohhh hahaha that's too bad I guess
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 07:06 PM

It´s saturday night over here, so I have no time or any will to start another debate over what rank Salerno held within the Mafia. So I will be short. But most probably, (if we are to go by the evidence presented and known to us) Ivy is right. Salerno doesn´t seem to have been the Genovese boss at all. Gigante took control of that Family in the early 1980s, following Lombardo´s retirement.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 07:10 PM

Niether do I have the time, but it was sourced both ways. And to say Tony was NEVER the boss your talking straight out of your ass.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 07:11 PM

You guys are gonna close another thread. Guaranteed.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 07:13 PM

I tried to keep my responses light, however to have that disregarded with the response that was posted!

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 07:14 PM

I personally dont put any stock in Jerry Capecis so called rumors. Firstly if you read who said it, an unamed law enforcement officer... Lol. It could be some asshole patrol cop saying it! He claimed Mancuso was callin the shots, or some thing of the sort. Basically when i read it, what i got out of it was basically in this one officers opinion Mikey Nose had more juice than any one else in the family. I just domt buy it. Mancusos in for what another 15 yrs? TVs in fort dix with half the wiseguys in jersey lol getting out in maybe 18-20 months? The only guy from TVs crew that got pinched was VB and he should be out in less than a yr. I dont doubt the bronx guys at there height coulda easily ran that family, but i cant even think of one guy from Gorgeous's crew thats left! Granted im no a bx guy and dont know everyone but still. TV still has a crew. The most capable guy of running that family is Tony R! If he wanted it, it would be his! TG and Gerry too, but there not refined enough... lol The other guys u mentioned, joe.. Saunders is all but retired. AC is still inside for a few months. Shecky is still locked up. Joe Sammy is actually a lot closer to TV than most NY guys! Right now its either JS or Tony Black with Rabito playin mop up lol

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 07:14 PM

Let's just try to stay focused on the subject and have a healthy discussion

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 07:16 PM

Tony Rabito wants no part of running that family. You can take that to the bank, buddy. It will be TV for a number of reasons. His age, coupled with his availablity later this year, make him the top choice.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 07:18 PM

Tony Rabito wants no part of running that family. You can take that to the bank, buddy. It will be TV for a number of reasons. His age, coupled with his availablity later this year, make him the top choice.

PB, is that the guy they call "Fat"?

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 07:18 PM

Agreed Joe. And let´s try to stay cool without name calling and flaming.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 07:19 PM

Yeah. He's a good old guy. Whatever responsibility he's taken on is only out of a sense of obligation. He knows there's no upside to being boss.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 07:20 PM

Now does rabito still have a crew making money?

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 07:21 PM

Yeah. He's a good old guy. Whatever responsibility he's taken on is only out of a sense of obligation. He knows there's no upside to being boss.

Having that feeling of obligation must be torture! It's a lightning rod!

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 07:23 PM

Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles
Agreed Joe. And let´s try to stay cool without name calling and flaming.

That's fine, however don't take a light joke and twist it for your own gain. There were arguments posted on both sides Saturday. You took a joke and used it for a soapbox!
I have no idea what flaming is? Doesn't sound fun so I will avoid it.
Posted By: SC

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 07:27 PM

There was a time (back around the late '70s/early '80s) when Jimmy Breslin, a very respected newspaperman here in NY, would report that Salerno was the top man in the Family. Those old reports seem to have lessened Tony's rank over the years and I'll leave it to you experts to debate the issue, but I ask, as has already been suggested, that we leave out which bodily part is doing the talking.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 07:29 PM

Jeez u guys are quick. Took me nearly a half our to write that. Yeah PB, i definatley agree with you.

EHI- flaming is when your smoking the last bit of a roach and it burns your lips... As far as i know.. lol

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 07:35 PM

Originally Posted By: SC
There was a time (back around the late '70s/early '80s) when Jimmy Breslin, a very respected newspaperman here in NY, would report that Salerno was the top man in the Family. Those old reports seem to have lessened Tony's rank over the years and I'll leave it to you experts to debate the issue, but I ask, as has already been suggested, that we leave out which bodily part is doing the talking.

Jimmy Breslin is classic! An old fashioned New York reporter! A no BS guy!

All I can say is BAMM!

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 08:10 PM

Now does rabito still have a crew making money?

Yeah, and hes real close with shecks so hes probably looking over his creww too. At least until some of his guys get out which should be this year.
Posted By: SiciNy

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 09:07 PM

what about vinny asaro, i heard he had a lot of the sicilian factions backing; TG would be good but too much heat constantly on him n hes a little ruff around the edges for boss.
why vinny tv, i heard he was sort of a panzy

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 09:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Ciro
what about vinny asaro, i heard he had a lot of the sicilian factions backing; TG would be good but too much heat constantly on him n hes a little ruff around the edges for boss.

Actually, Badalamenti has the backing of the Sicilian faction. Asaro is pushing 80. I doubt he wants the job. But I agree that he'd be a good choice.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 09:16 PM

Hes a bizman.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 09:17 PM

I really don't mind if it goes off topic. But I do know that tony Salerno was grossing I think 50 million a year.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 09:20 PM

Actually, Badalamenti has the backing of the Sicilian faction. Asaro is pushing 80. I doubt he wants the job. But I agree that he'd be a good choice.

I "heard" Asaro was demoted years ago because of a drinking problem. But I don´t know for sure.

Description: --
Attached picture asaro.jpg

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 09:21 PM

^^^^
That was the rumor, Hairy smile.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 09:22 PM

Are the luccehse's, Colombo's and bonannos in good shape? Do you have an estimated amount of income each of the 5 families are grossing annually? I know Ralphie Perna in jersey(he's with the luccehse's)made an estimated $2.2 billion over a span of 15 moths from illegal gamblin operations. BILLION lol. In know that's hard to believe but the prosecutor was the one who said that's how much he grossed.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 09:26 PM

Are the luccehse's, Colombo's and bonannos in good shape? Do you have an estimated amount of income each of the 5 families are grossing annually? I know Ralphie Perna in jersey(he's with the luccehse's)made an estimated $2.2 billion over a span of 15 moths from illegal gamblin operations. BILLION lol. In know that's hard to believe but the prosecutor was the one who said that's how much he grossed.

That's a ridiculous exaggeration by an overzealous prosecutor. The Feds count every single bet as if there are no bets offsetting them. In other words, if the Yankees are playing the Mets, and the Mets get a million in action and the Yankees get a million in action, the Feds call that a TWO million dollar gross. It's for headlines. It's bullshit. The Feds also fail to recognize the fact that not all of that money is collectable. There are plenty of deadbeats out there. And contrary to popular opinion, a lot of them get away with it.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 09:26 PM

I "heard" Asaro was demoted years ago because of a drinking problem. But I don´t know for sure.

He looks like Freddy Krueger!

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 09:30 PM

He looks like Freddy Krueger!

He is scary looking isn´t he?

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 09:36 PM

That's a ridiculous exaggeration by an overzealous prosecutor. The Feds count every single bet as if there are no bets offsetting them. In other words, if the Yankees are playing the Mets, and the Mets get a million in action and the Yankees get a million in action, the Feds call that a TWO million dollar gross. It's for headlines. It's bullshit. The Feds also fail to recognize the fact that not all of that money is collectable. There are plenty of deadbeats out there. And contrary to popular opinion, a lot of them get away with it.

Here is one of the many links in case you want to check it out

http://www.nj.com/inside-jersey/index.ssf/cover_stories/the_jersey_mob_20.html

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 09:37 PM

I also saw that Frankie locascio's son made over $300 million annually off of pornography website scams for the Gambino family.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 09:38 PM

I don't doubt that that's what the Feds claim. I just dispute those claims. That's all. And I'm not a mob apologist. Any of the long time posters here will attest to that. But the claims that the Feds make in gambling cases are absolutely ridiculous.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 09:42 PM

I don't that that's what the Feds claim. I just dispute those claims. That's all. And I'm not a mob apologist. Any of the long time posters here will attest to that. But the claims that the Feds make in gambling cases are absolutely ridiculous.

Yeah I know what you mean. I'm not trying to prove you wrong or anything lol. I just gave you one of the links in case you wanted to research it yourself. How much money do you think they made approximately off of that gambling ring if you had to take a guess?

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 09:47 PM

Who knows? I'm sure they made a bundle.

What's with Revis Island as a moniker? Jets fan? If so, you have my sympathy whistle.
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 10:12 PM

I slept in real real late today...lol welcome back PB were u down florida hows the golf game? EastharmItal. I mean you didn't go to a Ivy-league school like him

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 10:13 PM

I can take one look at the guy and tell he hits the bottle hard and probably his wife
Posted By: carmela

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 10:15 PM

^^^^ Come on. That's not even true. A lot of guys have that dead stare/scary look. I don't agree with that.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 10:15 PM

Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti
I slept in real real late today...lol welcome back PB were u down florida hows the golf game? EastharmItal. I mean you didn't go to a Ivy-league school like him

Nope, I is a college graduate! A Flying Dutchman!

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 10:16 PM

Who knows? I'm sure they made a bundle.

What's with Revis Island as a moniker? Jets fan? If so, you have my sympathy whistle.

Yes I am a jets fan.... Sadly. I can't believe we kept Rex ryan. But I have to know, who is on your profile pic?

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 10:17 PM

Originally Posted By: carmela
^^^^ Come on. That's not even true. A lot of guys have that dead stare/scary look. I don't agree with that.

Sorry Carmela for being a smartass

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 10:18 PM

Originally Posted By: carmela

Sorry Carmela for being a smartass

You weren't being a smartass. Why are you apologizing? I mean if the guy has a drinking problem is one thing, but you can't judge that by his look.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 10:52 PM

I don't that that's what the Feds claim. I just dispute those claims. That's all. And I'm not a mob apologist. Any of the long time posters here will attest to that. But the claims that the Feds make in gambling cases are absolutely ridiculous.

Yeah I know what you mean. I'm not trying to prove you wrong or anything lol. I just gave you one of the links in case you wanted to research it yourself. How much money do you think they made approximately off of that gambling ring if you had to take a guess?

I knew one of the guys arrested in that bust. No way they made anywhere close to 2 bil. I actually kinda doubt they even had that in bets. The feds usually will word their press releases to saying, "suspects recieved wagers in an amount of UP TO $1m a week". Most likely super bowl week. But it usually hits the papers as, "$52 Million dollar betting ring taken down!!!" Truthfully the total amount of wagers would be more like 20 mil. Now whats weird about gamblers is more lose than win. Youd think if u flipped a coin itd be like 50-50 and you make money off the juice... Assuming ur a chump who believes wikipedia lol But usually the ratio of bets won to bets lost is around 45:55. Then u have juice (completely different subject).. Assume your gross profit is 10% of the 20 mil. (Very unlikely, but whatever). Now who handles the bettors? Agents. It varies, and theres no hard and fast rules to it but some agents can recieve 10, 25, 50, up to 75% of NET losses. Say the book doesnt have any packages of bettors at 75% and theyre all at 50, all thats left over is one mil. Now you got to pay your PPH Service (price per head), which is fucking rediculously expensive... So say your paying at a min 20k a month for ur offshore site. You have about 750k left give or take. Then you need at least one or two (armed) runners to carry around hundreds of thousands of dollars on a daily basis. You want to pay these guys good bc a, its dangerous work, and b- u dont want them to rob you. Now unless you want to run a multimillion dollar sportsbook out of your mothers basement, your going to need an office, phones, computers, etc... So you end up keeping like 550-600k out of the "50 Million Dollar Sportsbetting Ring", but thats still good money. Oh and i forgot to mention like Pizzaboy said u cant collect everything, so assume your collecting like 96-97% of losses and paying out 100% percent of winnings.. Haha. Sorry to write such a long post but i know a great bit about it.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 10:53 PM

And theres no way forty people took 2.2 billion in action. Try like 400 lol

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 10:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Skinny

I knew one of the guys arrested in that bust. No way they made anywhere close to 2 bil. I actually kinda doubt they even had that in bets. The feds usually will word their press releases to saying, "suspects recieved wagers in an amount of UP TO $1m a week". Most likely super bowl week. But it usually hits the papers as, "$52 Million dollar betting ring taken down!!!" Truthfully the total amount of wagers would be more like 20 mil. Now whats weird about gamblers is more lose than win. Youd think if u flipped a coin itd be like 50-50 and you make money off the juice... Assuming ur a chump who believes wikipedia lol But usually the ratio of bets won to bets lost is around 45:55. Then u have juice (completely different subject).. Assume your gross profit is 10% of the 20 mil. (Very unlikely, but whatever). Now who handles the bettors? Agents. It varies, and theres no hard and fast rules to it but some agents can recieve 10, 25, 50, up to 75% of NET losses. Say the book doesnt have any packages of bettors at 75% and theyre all at 50, all thats left over is one mil. Now you got to pay your PPH Service (price per head), which is fucking rediculously expensive... So say your paying at a min 20k a month for ur offshore site. You have about 750k left give or take. Then you need at least one or two (armed) runners to carry around hundreds of thousands of dollars on a daily basis. You want to pay these guys good bc a, its dangerous work, and b- u dont want them to rob you. Now unless you want to run a multimillion dollar sportsbook out of your mothers basement, your going to need an office, phones, computers, etc... So you end up keeping like 550-600k out of the "50 Million Dollar Sportsbetting Ring", but thats still good money. Oh and i forgot to mention like Pizzaboy said u cant collect everything, so assume your collecting like 96-97% of losses and paying out 100% percent of winnings.. Haha. Sorry to write such a long post but i know a great bit about it.

That's still a lot of money regardless whether its 20 mil or 2 bil lol. But do you believe that Frankie locascio's kid was really making a little more than $300 million annually off of pornagraphy website scams?

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 11:01 PM

Yes! His case they used the phone companies billing against him! Need to remember they did that for a long time

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 11:06 PM

That's still a lot of money regardless whether its 20 mil or 2 bil lol. But do you believe that Frankie locascio's kid was really making a little more than $300 million annually off of pornagraphy website scams?

I agree he made millions but im skeptical as to 300 mil. Thats just how the feds do shit.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 11:07 PM

I hear you they do, and to clarify I don't know if he personally made it all. There were four guys involved. Three Italians and an Arab!

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/05/13 11:10 PM

Zef right? The drunken albanian mess?

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 12:25 AM

I personally dont put any stock in Jerry Capecis so called rumors.

For the record, Capeci has proven himself to be a very reliable journalist over the years.

It wasn't just Breslin. Everybody thought Fat Tony was the boss before turncoats like Cafaro, Gravano, Casso, etc. set them straight. And, in hindsight, there were several recorded conversations that verified what all these gangsters said in debriefing or in trial testimony. The former prosecutors and the FBI agents involved in the Commission case admitted they had the wrong information. And since the time Cafaro first revealed the truth, there has been nobody, outside a few history revisionists on the internet forums, who have said otherwise.

I also saw that Frankie locascio's son made over $300 million annually off of pornography website scams for the Gambino family.

The total take from the Locascio crew's two scams - the internet porn scam and the phone sex line cramming scam - was reported to be about $750 million. The internet scam made about $230 million and the phone cramming scam made $520 million.

Prosecutors alleged Salvatore Locascio received at least $8 million as captain of the crew, and he was later able to pay a $4.7 million fine. Richard Martino was able to pay a $15 million fine. Zev Mustafa payed a $1.7 million fine. And Daniel Martino, Thomas Pugliese, and Andrew Campos together payed a total of $2.1 million in fines. The internet porn company involved in the scheme payed $30 million in fines. $40 million was said to have gone to the Gambino family as tribute. So, at the very least, the Gambinos made close to $67 million from the two scams, while paying close to $24 million of it back in fines. So they cleared over $40 million. Probably a lot more though.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 12:31 AM

ALL CAPS ARE MY RESPONES (NOT YELLING LOL)

For the record, Capeci has proven himself to be a very reliable journalist over the years.

DIDNT HE SAY JOE WATTS WAS A RAT A FEW YRS AGO?

It wasn't just Breslin. Everybody thought Fat Tony was the boss before turncoats like Cafaro, Gravano, Casso, etc. set them straight. And, in hindsight, there were several recorded conversations that verified what all these gangsters said in debriefing or in trial testimony. The former prosecutors and the FBI agents involved in the Commission case admitted they had the wrong information. And since the time Cafaro first revealed the truth, there has been nobody, outside a few history revisionists on the internet forums, who have said otherwise.

The total take from the Locascio crew's two scams - the internet porn scam and the phone sex line cramming scam - was reported to be about $750 million. The internet scam made about $230 million and the phone cramming scam made $520 million.

Prosecutors alleged Salvatore Locascio received at least $8 million as captain of the crew, and he was later able to pay a $4.7 million fine. Richard Martino was able to pay a $15 million fine. Zev Mustafa payed a $1.7 million fine. And Daniel Martino, Thomas Pugliese, and Andrew Campos together payed a total of $2.1 million in fines. The internet porn company involved in the scheme payed $30 million in fines. $40 million was said to have gone to the Gambino family as tribute. So, at the very least, the Gambinos made close to $67 million from the two scams, while paying close to $24 million of it back in fines. So they cleared over $40 million. Probably a lot more though.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 12:40 AM

DIDNT HE SAY JOE WATTS WAS A RAT A FEW YRS AGO?

I don't recall. There's been maybe 2 or 3 notable times where he's been wrong. But those are very much the exception to the rule, considering how long he's been reporting on organized crime. He's just as trustworthy as, say, George Anastasia. We're not talking Phil Carlo or Ernest Volkman here.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 12:43 AM

I agree with him for the most part but i call bullshit on this.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 12:44 AM

I disagree. But I'm not here to argue. Who is running things for the bonanno family since all of their top guys are in prison. I suspect Tony Calabrese but I don't know for sure

"The Genovese family has probably been the most powerful La Cosa Nostra family of the last hundred years."
- Ask Andy, Gangland News (1996)

"I have always considered the Genovese Family to be the most powerful LCN family in the United States."
- Al D'Arco, Lucchese LCN family Acting Boss (1994)

"You keep hearing all this crap about Gotti being the boss of the bosses, but the Genovese have always been the country's most powerful family."
- Richard Ross, FBI (1990)

"The Genovese family is the most sophisticated, cautious, secretive, and powerful Cosa Nostra family in the United States."
- Phil Leonetti, Philadelphia LCN Underboss (1989)

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 02:22 AM

Fat Tony was the boss, news doesnt get out to Utah to quick! You pick and choose your sources! Stay in the mountains with the Unibomber! Most will take Jimmy Breslin over you and fifty rats any day!

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 02:39 AM

Fat Tony was the boss, news doesnt get out to Utah to quick! You pick and choose your sources! Stay in the mountains with the Unibomber! Most will take Jimmy Breslin over you and fifty rats any day!

You can believe that and repeat it all you want. Heck, you can believe in the Easter Bunny for all I care.

What you can't do is claim there is any evidence or information that contradicts, let alone supersedes, the overwhelming evidence that shows Fat Tony wasn't the boss.

We argued the point extensively and, other than a random article which you misquoted, all you did was say Cafaro, Gravano, Casso, and Barone were all lying; Fat Tony's words were taken out of context; and ignore the other bugged conversations, as well as the fact the feds admitted they were wrong about Fat Tony's position.

In short, you've got nothing beyond the fact you're from East Harlem, which means diddly squat in this case. You apparently want Fat Tony to have been boss. For what reason, I have no idea. But it ain't reality. And nobody who's informed on the matter is going to believe you.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 02:42 AM

Shit im informed on the matter and I believe him.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 02:46 AM

Ivy, if i believed half of yojr bad information I would be in trouble! Your so out of touch its scary. Your a million miles away and have no clue. Everyone has an agenda when they tell a story. Tony had more juice in his pinky than you coukd ever hope to have. Like I said if this took place in the mountains of Utah you would be all for that!

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 02:57 AM

If you believe Fat Tony was the boss you're apparently not informed on the matter. Or, for whatever reason, you've chosen to ignore all of the evidence that comes down on one side in favor of....what again?

Ivy, if i believed half of yojr bad information I would be in trouble! Your so out of touch its scary. Your a million miles away and have no clue. Everyone has an agenda when they tell a story. Tony had more juice in his pinky than you coukd ever hope to have. Like I said if this took place in the mountains of Utah you would be all for that!

First, what bad information have I given?

Second, I'm apparently more informed about the mob, despite living here in Utah, than you are even when you live in NYC.

Third, what's this talk about how much juice Fat Tony had? Nobody said he didn't have influence and wasn't very powerful in his own right. Just that he was never the official boss.

Your posts are becoming more incoherent and juvenile with each passing day.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 02:58 AM

Yeah pretty much.
Posted By: Five_Felonies

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 02:59 AM

this is getting old. what do you disagree with, what info to the contrary do you have to present? if you have inside info, either present it, or stop claiming to know something others don't. geography has nothing to do with mob info, except for the "ear to the street" that so many claim to have, and if you are not willing to share detailed info, just stop. i've said it before, but apparantly it bears repeating: we are all anoynomous here, so trying to discredit someone based soley on where they live is just silly. i live in nj, but guess what, i don't have a clue what the genovese family is up to, yet i could easily claim otherwise, very easy to do online.

EH, i enjoy some of your posts, but it seems lately that you seem more focused on discrediting other posters, rather than adding your own info. when ivy stopped posting here, the OC section of this forum took a nosedive, and thats a fact! rather than trying to dump on other people, i think we should all try and add useful info of our own, avoid rehashing old topics, and above all else, be NICE!

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 02:59 AM

If you believe Fat Tony was the boss you're apparently not informed on the matter. Or, for whatever reason, you've chosen to ignore all of the evidence that comes down on one side in favor of....what again?

Again in Idaho or Utah the real boss didnt affect your daily life, you have no clue! Reality is here where it matters most! Not in some Mafia Fantasy camp where you play!

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 03:36 AM

Again in Idaho or Utah the real boss didnt affect your daily life, you have no clue! Reality is here where it matters most! Not in some Mafia Fantasy camp where you play!

You can keep playing the geography card all you want. It's means nothing. How does being from NYC give you special insight into who was the boss back in the 1980's? Is it the air? The water? Do all NYC residents get quarterly updates on the inner workings of the Mafia?

By the way, I love how you just dodged Five Felonies' post.
Posted By: SgWaue86

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 03:48 AM

last night i was out with some guy and he told me that zizzo is hiding out in chicago heights and has been calling the shots since the mid 90's. Trust me i cant quote sources but im in the know my ear is to the streets.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 03:49 AM

Originally Posted By: SgWaue86
last night i was out with some guy and he told me that zizzo is hiding out in chicago heights and has been calling the shots since the mid 90's. Trust me i cant quote sources but im in the know my ear is to the streets.

lol

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 03:52 AM

I dont think the Genovese have 200+ Made guys. I know that it sourced from all over but i just dont see it maybe im out of touch but i feel they might have trimed down and maybe after that springfeild thing they've idk just a thought.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 03:54 AM

[quote=EastHarlemItal]Again in Idaho or Utah the real boss didnt affect your daily life, you have no clue! Reality is here where it matters most! Not in some Mafia Fantasy camp where you play!

You can keep playing the geography card all you want. It's means nothing. How does being from NYC give you special insight into who was the boss back in the 1980's? Is it the air? The water? Do all NYC residents get quarterly updates on the inner workings of the Mafia?

By the way, I love how you just dodged Five Felonies' post. [/quote

Wasn't dodging Five's post at all! I had a distraction sorry. It was wet and slurpy! It ends in JOB! Ivy I will PM you and tell you about it!

I have a life other than sitting at a computer screen

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 03:56 AM

I dont think the Genovese have 200+ Made guys. I know that it sourced from all over but i just dont see it maybe im out of touch but i feel they might have trimed down and maybe after that springfeild thing they've idk just a thought.

As recently as the 2007 Danny Leo case, the prosecution cited 200+ made guys for the family. Of course, it can fluctuate. Since 2007, the family has had at least 20 known members die. But new guys can be made pretty quickly if the family wants to. Back in mid-1990's, the Genovese family reportedly made 30 new members in only two year's time.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 03:57 AM

Wasn't dodging Five's post at all! I had a distraction sorry. It was wet and slurpy! It ends in JOB! Ivy I will PM you and tell you about it!

Did your sister wipe her mouth off afterwards?

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 03:58 AM

By the way, I love how you just dodged Five Felonies' post.

And hiding behind the fact that you have no clue what your talking about besides the skewed information you provide as fact! If you lived in an area there are certainly issues you understand. You use it against people who are familier with a certain area! It's your crutch! You can't handle it. So all Pizza Boys opinions are bullshit!
Ivy your a "wanna be" that's what we would call you, you wanna be everything you aren't

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 03:59 AM

A

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 04:01 AM

You dont think they put a freeze on it after springfield? It would be easy to put guys on a 5 year probation period, I know that i just thinking but it just seems like alot to have only had 5 flip, im aware that everybody puts at 200+ so i wont make a big deal but the more people the more risk and im just bullshitting i know i probably wrong. Thanks for the info

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 04:01 AM

And hiding behind the fact that you have no clue what your talking about besides the skewed information you provide as fact! If you lived in an area there are certainly issues you understand. You use it against people who are familier with a certain area! It's your crutch! You can't handle it. So all Pizza Boys opinions are bullshit!
Ivy your a "wanna be" that's what we would call you, you wanna be everything you aren't

Numerous turncoat mafiosi, various bugged conversations, and the U.S. government = "skewed." rolleyes

And quit trying to lump in pizzaboy with you. I've never seen him say anything, based on him simply being from the Bronx, that's contradicts major known facts like you have.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 04:05 AM

You dont think they put a freeze on it after springfield? It would be easy to put guys on a 5 year probation period, I know that i just thinking but it just seems like alot to have only had 5 flip, im aware that everybody puts at 200+ so i wont make a big deal but the more people the more risk and im just bullshitting i know i probably wrong. Thanks for the info

All we can really do is go by the latest official estimate. Beyond that we get into guesswork and that can go any number of places and possibilities.

Also, keep in mind that 200 members has been the average, most consistent estimate for the family in recent years. But it's just an informed estimate by the feds and doesn't mean the actual real life number doesn't fluctuate.

You'll recall back in the 1980's when Gotti reminded Chin he had 30 slots to fill. Apparently, 30 members had died and the Genovese family hadn't replaced them yet. So it obviously goes up and down with guys dying and new members being made.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 04:05 AM

Ivy as usual you skew everything! Rats sell stories!

Pizza Biy lives in the Bronx, you mentioned geography! We know names, streets etc.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 04:06 AM

If you talk about gangsters on the internet what the fuck does that make you? Stop bringing others people name into it, your a fucking fanboy and one of the worst ive seen since ive been reading this site.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 04:08 AM

Su Fag, you've got no idea what your taking about! Get off your soap box and get a life!

Others peoples names! Again you've got no clue what your talking about!

You feel good acting big? Get some points?

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 04:10 AM

Yeah true i wont try to argue with the feds. Do you think it one guy up top or a panel?

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 04:13 AM

Ivy as usual you skew everything! Rats sell stories!

Pizza Biy lives in the Bronx, you mentioned geography! We know names, streets etc.

I'm sure you or pizzaboy could tell me where to go for a good meal or where to avoid road construction. But you being from the area doesn't mean you have any unique insight into the inner workings of the mob.

Seriously, how does you being from NYC - even from East Harlem back in the day - let you know Fat Tony was the real boss? The two have nothing to do with each other. It's just a lazy attempt to give yourself more credibility.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 04:13 AM

Yeah true i wont try to argue with the feds. Do you think it one guy up top or a panel?

Ask in English

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 04:14 AM

One guy.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 04:15 AM

Little in the way of official information.

Back in 2009, one news article claimed recently released high-level members - specifically Benny Mangano, Barney Bellomo, Ernie Muscarella, and Larry Dentico - were on a "rotating panel" running the family.

A 2011 article claimed Tino Fiumara had been on a three man ruling panel before he died in 2010. It's possible the other two guys on that panel were some of those names listed in the 2009 article.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 04:26 AM

How much did the Fazio's bring in? I know they with Barbato right?

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 04:44 AM

How much did the Fazio's bring in? I know they with Barbato right?

They were accused of extorting $2.4 million from employers and the union. And, yes, they answered to Barbato.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 04:56 AM

Fuck people we are going to get this thread closed if we all don't get along. Can't we just talk about the Genovese Family without getting into a huge Chin vs Fat Tony debate? Ivy and EH you guys are both excellent posters with good things to say. Is that not enough? Or just agree to disagree?

I want to talk about today's Genovese Family. The chin and Tony are dead. Let them rest in their graves. A blast from the past is always fun to talk about, those were the days when no one could touch these guys. But we need to focus on the topic at hand. Personally I just don't want anyone chucked out of here.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 04:59 AM

I agree. The debate isn't needed. It's been settled for over 25 years now.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 05:04 AM

Personsally I'm interested in Bellomo, Cirillo, Dentico, Muscarella, Benny Eggs, Barbato, etc. These are today's names. Let's talk about them, along with the other wiseguys still on the streets from the other four families.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 05:09 AM

Personsally I'm interested in Bellomo, Cirillo, Dentico, Muscarella, Benny Eggs, Barbato, etc. These are today's names. Let's talk about them, along with the other wiseguys still on the streets from the other four families.

Bellomo stays with a close tight crowd, he's got enough money he doesn't need to chance it, QD is old, he's got a clique he sticks with: kind of a family patriarch by this point, Larry after getting out of the can in '09 has lost his nerve and is all but retired, Eggs is literally 345 years old, smart but he's old, he still plays the underboss role but like everyone else that old its tough, Muscerella I've got noe clue, all I know is he has an Afro.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 05:14 AM

Lol at Muscarella with the afro. So Barney's still active I assume but is cautious with who he interacts with

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 05:19 AM

Lol at Muscarella with the afro. So Barney's still active I assume but is cautious with who he interacts with

Wouldn't you be! He spent ten years in the can! He's got all his kids out of college! Plenty of money! A few good friends etc. He also got left a bad taste in his mouth when they killed his best friend (Ralph Coppola) and tried to fuck with his life! There was a lot of older guys envious of Barney, so when he went away they took there shots. Especially that midget Jimmy Ida! Little creep he was. Remember Barney was an East Harlem guy, everyone knows that's where all the real power was and all the best guys in the family came from!

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 05:38 AM

Wouldn't you be! He spent ten years in the can! He's got all his kids out of college! Plenty of money! A few good friends etc. He also got left a bad taste in his mouth when they killed his best friend (Ralph Coppola) and tried to fuck with his life! There was a lot of older guys envious of Barney, so when he went away they took there shots. Especially that midget Jimmy Ida! Little creep he was. Remember Barney was an East Harlem guy, everyone knows that's where all the real power was and all the best guys in the family came from!

Ida was supposedly pissed about Bellomo taking the plea deal, one article even claiming he wanted Barney dead, but who else wanted to or actually took shots at Barney?

I'm still on the fence regarding whether he signed off on Ralph's murder or not.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 05:45 AM

Ida was supposedly pissed about Bellomo for taking the plea deal, one article even claiming he wanted Barney dead, but who else wanted to or actually took shots at Barney?

I'm still on the fence regarding whether he signed off on Ralph's murder or not.

THERE IS NO WAY! HE WOULD HAVE NEVER TOUCHED Ralphie! Killing Ralphie cut Barney's conduit to the street! Those two were tighter than brother.

Ida was mad because he tried to play a hard ass and go to court, he lost and got life! Barney was shrewd took a deal and got to go home. Ida thought by Barney pleading guilty it made everyone else look guilty! No idea if that's true! I guess it could look bad!

Other names of who was mad! Truthfully I can't recall! It's been a while. If I had to guess I'm going to say it was Barbato! That is a guess though. I remember it was A Jersey old timer

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 05:48 AM

But isn't it a rule in the family to take a plea deal now? And on another note Barney right now could become boss if he wanted to which in some respects he is. But in this day and age who the hell wants it?

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 05:51 AM

But isn't it a rule in the family to take a plea deal now? And on another note Barney right now could become boss if he wanted to which in some respects he is. But in this day and age who the hell wants it?

There are no rules as far as I know, it's the path of least residence though. Think of it from a business stand point. Do 50 years if you fight or 5 if you dont! Barney, no he doesn't need the hassle, he's got enough! He doesn't feel the nostalgia or have an ego enough to want it!

Danny Leo gets out of the can in a few weeks, there's another serious player! Another East Harlem guy making us proud! Pleasent Ave/ 118th to be exact!

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 07:45 AM

"The Genovese family has probably been the most powerful La Cosa Nostra family of the last hundred years."
- Ask Andy, Gangland News (1996)

"I have always considered the Genovese Family to be the most powerful LCN family in the United States."
- Al D'Arco, Lucchese LCN family Acting Boss (1994)

"You keep hearing all this crap about Gotti being the boss of the bosses, but the Genovese have always been the country's most powerful family."
- Richard Ross, FBI (1990)

"The Genovese family is the most sophisticated, cautious, secretive, and powerful Cosa Nostra family in the United States."
- Phil Leonetti, Philadelphia LCN Underboss (1989)

I was pissing my pants reading this lol lol lol lol
Posted By: LCN1987

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 11:29 AM

Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies
this is getting old. what do you disagree with, what info to the contrary do you have to present? if you have inside info, either present it, or stop claiming to know something others don't. geography has nothing to do with mob info, except for the "ear to the street" that so many claim to have, and if you are not willing to share detailed info, just stop. i've said it before, but apparantly it bears repeating: we are all anoynomous here, so trying to discredit someone based soley on where they live is just silly. i live in nj, but guess what, i don't have a clue what the genovese family is up to, yet i could easily claim otherwise, very easy to do online.

EH, i enjoy some of your posts, but it seems lately that you seem more focused on discrediting other posters, rather than adding your own info. when ivy stopped posting here, the OC section of this forum took a nosedive, and thats a fact! rather than trying to dump on other people, i think we should all try and add useful info of our own, avoid rehashing old topics, and above all else, be NICE!

Amen.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 02:40 PM

Originally Posted By: LCN1987
Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies

Amen.

http://www.newsnet1.com/electricnevada.com/pages96/wynn.htm

Five, above is a link to a pretty interesting article! And I see to a point regarding my attitude! However I disagree in regards to geography! Either way give this article a read, regardless of titles it's an interesting read.
Posted By: southend

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 03:21 PM

GENOVESE FAMILY.
Posted By: Antonio

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 05:21 PM

North America? Does that include Canada in this case? Because personally I would like to know people's opinion on whether the Rizzuto's are more powerful than the Genovese's or vice versa?

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 05:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Antonio
North America? Does that include Canada in this case? Because personally I would like to know people's opinion on whether the Rizzuto's are more powerful than the Genovese's or vice versa?

Hate to say, Rizzuto and the Carauna family have a lot of power! There all over the world too! They've got some serious juice!

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 05:43 PM

Antonio,

The Rizzuto's are in no way bigger than the Genovese family they report to the Bonanno family or did and the Bonanno's don't even compare to the Genovese family.

Now add the war and disfunction that has been happening with the Rizzuto's the last few years they don't stand a chance.

I think Vito and the Rizzuto's were powerful at one time but not to be compared with the big 2 in N.Y Genovese and Gambino.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 05:47 PM

Antonio you got to admit those guys make a TON of money! They really report to the Bonnano family? Thats offensive for a guy like Rizzuto!

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 06:20 PM

But I have to know, who is on your profile pic?

That's Mickey Rourke in "The Pope of Greenwich Village." You must be a young'un grin.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 06:44 PM

Eggs is literally 345 years old, smart but he's old, he still plays the underboss role but like everyone else that old its tough

Tough isn't the word. The guy is practically blind now. I honestly believe that for all intents and purposes that he's retired.

THERE IS NO WAY! HE WOULD HAVE NEVER TOUCHED Ralphie!

You've been pretty excitable lately, EH tongue whistle. But I agree with you here. I didn't believe it in '98 when the guy wasn't around to defend himself, and I don't believe it today. Anyone who's even a second hand acquaintance of theirs knows how close they were.
Posted By: Giordano

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 07:01 PM

While Rizzuto was in Jail he was head of a consortium of Sicilian and Ndrangheta families trying to build a bridge from Sicily to Mainland Italy the project was to cost billions of dollars.

Since Rizzuto's have fallen and Quebec has opened a corruption inquiry into Government dealings with the Mafia mayors of several different cities in Quebec have had to resign over being in the Rizzuto's pocket and this just from Municipal portion of the inquiry. The premier of Quebec which is the Canadian equivalent to a Governor was not reelected in the last provincial election mainly due to allegations of corrupt dealings with the Rizzuto's.

Coming up here in a couple of weeks the Quebec Corruption probe steers it's direction towards Provincial and Federal Mafia Corruption which you can bet is going to topple several more politicians and others in high places.

Back when the Rizzuto's were are the height of their power a powerful Federal politician of the ruling liberal party Alfonso Gagliano was alleged to be a made member of the Rizzuto Family and close associate of the Caruna-[BadWord]'s. Gaglianio who was instrumental in the election of of former prime minister Jean Chrétien and was said to a close personal friend of his. For those unaware the position Prime Minister of Canada is Canada's Equivalent to the president. Gagaliano was eventually forced to resign from his position of Public Works Minister over the allegation of ties to the Rizzuto's.

At the height of the Rizzuto's Reign which laster some 30 years the family had influence in every major city in Canada and had cells in USA, Italy, Venezuela, Germany, Aruba and Switzerland.

It's all relative but no New York in the last 50 years has infiltrated and influenced Governments at all levels and the legitimate economy the way the Rizzuto's did in Canada at the height of their power. And no New York family has had the kind of international influence the Rizzuto's had at the height of their power in the last 50 years.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 07:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Giordano
It's all relative but no New York in the last 50 years has infiltrated and influenced Governments of all levels and the legitimate economy the way the Rizzuto's did in Canada at the height of their power.

I agree. But Rome fell up there for those guys. Big picture, the Genovese guys have lasted for the past 80 years. And while the American mob is a shadow of its former self, those guys are still pretty influential in the street AND in legitimate enterprise. For that reason, I have to go with the Genovese family.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 07:14 PM

Reluctantly agree!

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 07:14 PM

PB how are the rocketballz you have time to play golf lately..its fucking cold up north

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 07:20 PM

Pizzaboy I agree with you that at this point the Rizzuto's no longer wield that kind of power and currently the Genovese maybe the most powerful. However up until Vito went to Jail I think it's hard to argue that any other family wielded that kind of influence.

However unless the Canadian judicial system changes someone whether that's Vito or not will eventually consolidate power and they will once again start to infiltrate government. Quebec is the only province in Canada that has held this kind of inquiry it sure would be interesting if other provinces followed their lead. Police in Ontario allege Ndrangheta families have the same sort of influence there.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 07:21 PM

PB how are the rocketballz you have time to play golf lately..its fucking cold up north

I'm still here until the 17th, DN. But I love the RocketBallz. They eat my Clevelands for lunch. And I played Clevelands for almost twenty years.

We'll be in Florida until Easter, hopefully. It depends on my mother in law's health and a few other things. But if you're down in Palm Beach County for any reason, shoot me a pm. I'll take you to PGA National. The place is gorgeous and shockingly reasonable if you don't play the Haig course (that's where they play the Honda Classic).

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 07:22 PM

Pizzaboy I agree with you that at this point the Rizzuto's no longer wield that kind of power and currently the Genovese maybe the most powerful. However up until Vito went to Jail I think it's hard to argue that any other family wielded that kind of influence.

However unless the Canadian judicial system changes someone whether that's Vito or not will eventually consolidate power and they will once again start to infiltrate government. Quebec is the only province in Canada that has held this kind of inquiry it sure would be interesting if other provinces followed their lead. Police in Ontario allege Ndrangheta families have the same sort of influence there.

Does Vito still answer to the Bonnano Family? Everything you read about that guy is impressive! Aren't both his children his personal legal team? And who are they thinking killed his father?

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 07:23 PM

I agree, buddy. Long term it's hard to argue because of the difference in the judicial systems. I was talking about right now smile.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 07:24 PM

Aren't both his children his personal legal team?

Sabrina? wink lol

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 07:26 PM

Aren't both his children his personal legal team?

Sabrina? wink lol

Yeah, ouch! My Bad!

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 07:37 PM

Hey Eastharlem,

There isn't any evidence since Montagna was taken out that the Bonnano's are still influencing events in Montreal. I think Montagna pissed off a lot of people in Montreal as he tried to take the reigns. Its tough to say for sure though.

There are still a couple of groups trying to fight to take over. One of those is headed by Vito and another is headed by a jailed Calabrian gangster Giuseppe De Vito. There are probably others but recent information indicates that those are the two main ones vying for power. Alliances seem to be very fluid and change quickly.

Until someone can consolidate power and there is one ruling family I think it's difficult to gage how much influence any of the New York or Ontarion families have in Montreal.

As for who killed Nick Sr I think the evidence points to Montagna teaming with guys from Montreal and Ontario who opposed the Rizzuto's. For what it's worth most of those said to have been involved in taking out Nick Sr. are now Dead or in Jail.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 07:40 PM

I'm still here until the 17th, DN. But I love the RocketBallz. They eat my Clevelands for lunch. And I played Clevelands for almost twenty years.

We'll be in Florida until Easter, hopefully. It depends on my mother in law's health and a few other things. But if you're down in Palm Beach County for any reason, shoot me a pm. I'll take you to PGA National. The place is gorgeous and shockingly reasonable if you don't play the Haig course (that's where they play the Honda Classic).

No Doubt yeah the only golf I'm playing right now is Tiger Woods lol

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 07:42 PM

If you're taking a rooting interest in this stuff (and you probably shouldn't), it's hard not to pull for Rizzuto. The guy was given NO CHANCE when he came out. Not by the media, not by the mob watchers, not by anyone. And he's still standing and consolidating his power. The longer he survives, the harder he'll be to displace. I wouldn't bet against him.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 07:49 PM

Hey Eastharlem,

There isn't any evidence since Montagna was taken out that the Bonnano's are still influencing events in Montreal. I think Montagna pissed off a lot of people in Montreal as he tried to take the reigns. Its tough to say for sure though.

There are still a couple of groups trying to fight to take over. One of those is headed by Vito and another is headed by a jailed Calabrian gangster Giuseppe De Vito. There are probably others but recent information indicates that those are the two main ones vying for power. Alliances seem to be very fluid and change quickly.

Until someone can consolidate power and there is one ruling family I think it's difficult to gage how much influence any of the New York or Ontarion families have in Montreal.

As for who killed Nick Sr I think the evidence points to Montagna teaming with guys from Montreal and Ontario who opposed the Rizzuto's. For what it's worth most of those said to have been involved in taking out Nick Sr. are now Dead or in Jail.

Excellent info! Appreciate it. It's interesting to me the dynamic up there. Especially the divide between the Sicilians and the Neopolitans.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 07:58 PM

Pizzaboy,

It's bad to say but I agree. He was so successful at running his family and then taken down by turncoats from the Bonanno family which he had reportedly tried to cut ties with years earlier. While he's in jail keeping his mouth shut his son is killed and then a member of the same Bonnano family that put him in Jail is trying to not only takeover his operation but is involved in killing of his father and other close friends and family. All this while he sits in jail powerless.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 07:59 PM

Pizzaboy,

It's bad to say but I agree. He was so successful at running his family and then taken down by turncoats from the Bonanno family which he had reportedly tried to cut ties with years earlier. While he's in jail keeping his mouth shut his son is killed and then a member of the same Bonnano family that put him in Jail is trying to not only takeover his operation but is involved in killing of his father and other close friends and family. All this while he sits in jail powerless.

Exactly.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 08:09 PM

EastHarlemItal,

I think the Sicilian and Calabrian split is somewhat over played by media as Rizzuto has Calabrian allies and Im sure De Vito has some Sicilian ones also but some of the Ndrangheta families or Calabrian families from Ontario were involved in the initial onslaught against the Rizzuto's.

The Ndrangheta/Calabrian families that look to be involved seem to be those who the Rizzuto's had run over while they were consolidating their power in the 80's or those whose toes they stepped on while trying to move into ontario in the late 90's and early 2000's.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 08:12 PM

EastHarlemItal,

I think the Sicilian and Calabrian split is somewhat over played by media as Rizzuto has Calabrian allies and Im sure De Vito has some Sicilian ones also but some of the Ndrangheta families or Calabrian families from Ontario were involved in the initial onslaught against the Rizzuto's.

The Ndrangheta/Calabrian families that look to be involved seem to be those who the Rizzuto's had run over while they were consolidating their power in the 80's or those whose toes they stepped on while trying to move into ontario in the late 90's and early 2000's.

The Media! Thats why I don't take what they write seriously! So much is twisted! Whether it's to taint a jury pool, make a guy look bad etc!

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 08:21 PM

Carma is a bitch look what his Dad had done to the Cotroni's and Violi's.

He shot one of the Violi brother's dead in his kitchen while eating dinner with his family 30 plus years later Nick Sr goes down the same way.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 08:25 PM

I think if you're told to take a plea deal and dont then it becomes a rule. Look what happend with Lawerance Ricci

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 08:36 PM

I think if you're told to take a plea deal and dont then it becomes a rule. Look what happend with Lawerance Ricci

It does? That's a single incident! So your saying it's a rule across the board like the question was posed? Tino put Ricci down for more than just not taking a plea! Ricci was hurting others just as bad as himself.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 10:29 PM

There are no rules as far as I know, it's the path of least residence though. Think of it from a business stand point. Do 50 years if you fight or 5 if you dont! Barney, no he doesn't need the hassle, he's got enough! He doesn't feel the nostalgia or have an ego enough to want it!

Danny Leo gets out of the can in a few weeks, there's another serious player! Another East Harlem guy making us proud! Pleasent Ave/ 118th to be exact!

Danny Leo gets out a week from today. January 25th to be exact.

http://www.bop.gov/iloc2/InmateFinderSer...mp;x=92&y=8

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/06/13 11:02 PM

Danny Leo gets out a week from today. January 25th to be exact.

http://www.bop.gov/iloc2/InmateFinderSer...mp;x=92&y=8

Wow great find Schmo! Seriously being an FBI agent has its perks! Unreal the access to information you guys have!

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/07/13 12:34 AM

Think he'll be boss?

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/07/13 12:42 AM

Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1
Think he'll be boss?

Nicky from what I've learned from these guys on here there is no boss nor will there ever be for awhile. Gamms has said it before, the Feds arrest maybe one guy out of four or five guys running that family and then "claim" he's the acting boss. Danny Leo just happened to be one of those guys back during the time he was indicted. But when he gets released it'll be safe to say the Genovese administration will be whole again.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/07/13 12:44 AM

Bonanno and Colombo will be the only families without a full administration.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/07/13 12:56 AM

What do u mean Nicky? They dont have fill in guys?

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/07/13 01:01 AM

Bonannos don't have an official boss and underboss (they might but we don't know it). And same with the Colombos and also Persico is boss but he has a life sentence.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/07/13 01:11 AM

Oh yeah i see wat you mean. Colombos probably wont have anyone official for the next 200 years. lol

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/07/13 01:15 AM

Bonannos don't have an official boss and underboss (they might but we don't know it). And same with the Colombos and also Persico is boss but he has a life sentence.

And which Persico are you talking about serving life? I think that family get life sentences for Christmas!

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/07/13 01:18 AM

Oh yeah i see wat you mean. Colombos probably wont have anyone official for the next 200 years. lol

lol. They probably won't until Carmine dies!

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/07/13 01:18 AM

And which Persico are you talking about serving life? I think that family get life sentences for Christmas!

I think that whole family is in jail for life!

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/07/13 01:36 AM

Or til allie dies. Or Allies son, or grandson, or... lol

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/07/13 01:43 AM

The Bonannos don't have an official consigliere either (that we know of), as Graziano is now a captain.

Allie Persico will most likely assume the official boss position when his father dies.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/07/13 02:07 AM

lol Did allie have any kids

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/07/13 02:10 AM

That whole family has been rendered useless by the arrogance and brutality of the Persico's

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/07/13 02:14 AM

The Bonannos don't have an official consigliere either (that we know of), as Graziano is now a captain.

Allie Persico will most likely assume the official boss position when his father dies.

Are there still many Persico loyalists on the streets still today? Do they really have that much power from prison? You think some of them would have enough of it and become boss and call the shots.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/07/13 02:45 AM

Are there still many Persico loyalists on the streets still today? Do they really have that much power from prison? You think some of them would have enough of it and become boss and call the shots.

From what I understand, yes. Other guys in the family, like Andy Russo, are related to the Persicos. Kenji said there's a ton of Persico extended family. And you still have Teddy Persico who's said to be one of the leaders of the family. He'll probably be acting boss, or at least on a panel, when he gets out again.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/07/13 02:46 AM

From what I understand, yes. Other guys in the family, like Andy Russo, are related to the Persicos. Kenji said there's a ton of Persico extended family. And you still have Teddy Persico who's said to be one of the leaders of the family. He'll probably be acting boss, or at least on a panel, when he gets out again.

Ivy is that true they all use to shower together?

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/07/13 02:48 AM

Ivy is that true they all use to shower together?

Maybe if they were all in the same prison. wink

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/07/13 02:50 AM

lol Did allie have any kids

Daughter i think.

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/07/13 02:50 AM

^ lol whats the smiley face for rotglmao

Re: Which family is the most powerful in North America - 01/07/13 02:52 AM

^ lol whats the smiley face for rotglmao

What's rotglmao? Are you rolling on the ground now laughing your ass off? I can't keep up with this shit.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET