Home

Name the biggest rat who turned..

Posted By: Avellino

Name the biggest rat who turned.. - 12/28/12 12:33 PM

My goes to Frank The Weasel
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Name the biggest rat who turned.. - 12/28/12 12:46 PM

I say Angelo Lonardo from Cleveland,Sammy ''the king of rat'' Gravano and Joseph Massino
Posted By: EastHarlemItal

Re: Name the biggest rat who turned.. - 12/28/12 12:58 PM

Vincent "Fish" Cafaro, ratted out Tony Salerno
Also testified against, Gotti, Liborio Bellomo, Sal Larca and several others! Gave the Feds insight on how the Genovese Family has worked for years.
Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times

Re: Name the biggest rat who turned.. - 12/28/12 01:35 PM

Do you mean biggest ran in terms of givign up the most information? or by position/reputation?

I'd say information wise:

Joe Valachi
Sam Gravano
The Weasel
Whitey Bulger

Position Wise:
Joe Massino
Sam Gravano
Whitey Bulger

Re: Name the biggest rat who turned.. - 12/28/12 01:40 PM

Now that's a list that really loves cheese!
Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: Name the biggest rat who turned.. - 12/28/12 05:58 PM

Sam Gravano

Re: Name the biggest rat who turned.. - 12/28/12 06:03 PM

The biggest was that fat Pig Vincent Terasa! In terms of the problems they inflicted upon the Mafia. For me it's a toss up between Gravano and Cafaro
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: Name the biggest rat who turned.. - 12/28/12 06:18 PM

Fat Pete Chiodo.
I think he was close to 400 pounds at one time.

Re: Name the biggest rat who turned.. - 12/28/12 06:26 PM

Yeah, great add that guy was huge!
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: Name the biggest rat who turned.. - 12/28/12 06:50 PM

Phil Leonetti did some damage too!
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: Name the biggest rat who turned.. - 12/28/12 07:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times
Do you mean biggest ran in terms of givign up the most information? or by position/reputation?

Joe Valachi
Sam Gravano
The Weasel
Whitey Bulger

Position Wise:
Joe Massino
Sam Gravano
Whitey Bulger

I bet if they did a poll with the general public half of them wouldn't even know who Joe Massino was or what he did lol
Posted By: tommykarate

Re: Name the biggest rat who turned.. - 12/28/12 07:33 PM

Steve flemmi and whitey bulger.they were havn mob guys arrested for 20plus years.flemmi was best friends with Cadillac frank and gave him rite up.they made millions from havn people locked up n takin rackets.oh yea and basically a license to kill.no way the fbi didn't know nothing they were doin
Posted By: meffaboston

Re: Name the biggest rat who turned.. - 12/28/12 11:05 PM

angelo mercio sorry for his last name spelling but hes the one that recorded the making ceromony
Posted By: Lenin_and_McCarthy

Re: Name the biggest rat who turned.. - 12/28/12 11:08 PM

I thought I heard somewhere that Al D'Arco has testified more times than any other mobster.
Posted By: TonyBoy117

Re: Name the biggest rat who turned.. - 12/28/12 11:21 PM

Whitey Bulgers deffintly up there,
Posted By: gamms

Re: Name the biggest rat who turned.. - 12/28/12 11:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times

Joe Valachi
Sam Gravano
The Weasel
Whitey Bulger

Position Wise:
Joe Massino
Sam Gravano
Whitey Bulger

take off whitey and i agree one hundred percent.
Posted By: Bostongeorge

Re: Name the biggest rat who turned.. - 12/29/12 08:45 AM

I would have to go with big Joey Massino or Sammy bull.

Re: Name the biggest rat who turned.. - 12/29/12 04:25 PM

What did those guys actually "shed light" on? Majority of the crimes they testified about were known. The government just received their coberation. Massino and Gravano just confirmed "knowns". Guys like Valaci and Cafaro actually explained operations which were unknown, structure which were unknown, who the real leaders were etc! Massino dimes on himself and Vinny, everyone knew who and what Gotti was. Cafaro gave up Chin, Lombardo, ratted out Bellomo, Sal Larca on a junk deal when they were just kids, put two old timers away, one named Gaurana can't think of the other name. Then one item many are not families with. It it was HUGE! MASSIVE. Was the Genovese Numbers/ Policy game in the city! Imagine everyone buying their lottory tickets from the Genovese Family instead of the state lottery! Well thats what went on for years! It was all gone after Cafaro explained it, identified the players and it became extinct!

Re: Name the biggest rat who turned.. - 12/29/12 05:40 PM

valachi was the first,[the weasle too] guys like gravano and massino 'opened the gates' so to speak.'why should i protect a boss who may rat me out?'

but i agree with you when it comes to cafaro.ive heard many 'conspiracies' about his testimony,some are very believable..you know which one i mean?

and yeah,fat tonys 'bank' was the biggest in ny bar none.bigger than tom mix,ducks, even joe colombos bank couldnt touch it.lol. revenue wise at least.when i was young,'the old man' we called him was half of nys 'lay off'. not ours,but still..lol.

Re: Name the biggest rat who turned.. - 12/29/12 05:45 PM

You talking the one when Fish said Chin was the real boss to protect Tony? Or you talking the one were Fish said that to piss in Tony's face? Fish did it to save his ass plain and simple!
Posted By: Scalish

Re: Name the biggest rat who turned.. - 12/29/12 05:52 PM

I would say Valachi just because he really opened the doors to it. He ratted in a time that you were almost guaranteed death if doing so.

Now these guys are doing it so often it is expected. I mean look at Nicodemo from Philly all i have been seeing is when will he give in and rat.

Another thing is now they rat and don't really even need to go in to witness protection. I mean look at this Kenji idiot is he not on this website or was at some point?

So yeh Valachi for sure.

Re: Name the biggest rat who turned.. - 12/29/12 05:52 PM

Missed the bottom part, but yes Sal Auletta ran that side for Tony. They took alot of bookie only action! Thats saying something there! Not just going for juice cash, taking on a "house"! That blows my mind!

Re: Name the biggest rat who turned.. - 12/29/12 05:58 PM

yes to both.lol. i remember hearing that he did something to protect the big guy so he would protect his son.

and yeah,thats the truth,!they took millions in lay offs.they took any amount of action on any number.even 'cut' numbers!they took it all.

Re: Name the biggest rat who turned.. - 12/29/12 06:02 PM

At the time, Tom(Fish Cafaro son) took his sentence so he woukdnt get clipped! At least on the surface they "split". Tom Cafaro and Barney are and were tight. Who knows if Fish and the kid have made amends, but on the surface at the time there were seperate and the kid turned his back on the old man. It got so bad for Fish at one time he refused to testify at Larca, Bellomo and Gurino trafficking trial and they threw his as in solitary for over a year at Otis!

Re: Name the biggest rat who turned.. - 12/29/12 06:09 PM

yeah.lol.thats the case where the big guy lost his tail out on the pelham pkwy or something?lol.

Re: Name the biggest rat who turned.. - 12/29/12 06:16 PM

That's the one! He was doing like 100mph going north on the wrong side of the road! He was on 95 in the south bound lane heading north! He's nuts!

Re: Name the biggest rat who turned.. - 12/29/12 07:46 PM

lol.thats shit cracks me up.

Re: Name the biggest rat who turned.. - 12/29/12 07:48 PM

What a potata lol.

Re: Name the biggest rat who turned.. - 12/29/12 07:49 PM

Imagine being in the car!

Re: Name the biggest rat who turned.. - 12/29/12 07:51 PM

was that kid sal larca with him?

Re: Name the biggest rat who turned.. - 12/29/12 07:53 PM

No he got left in a cloud of dust face down in cuffs! Thats why the high speed chase! Big Guy did a cannonball run

Re: Name the biggest rat who turned.. - 12/29/12 07:54 PM

LOL
Posted By: southend

Re: Name the biggest rat who turned.. - 12/29/12 08:18 PM

does Tomasso Buscetta count considering he told in Sicily?? Super Rat

Re: Name the biggest rat who turned.. - 12/29/12 08:24 PM

A Rat is a Rat! He was a Pentito that gave up a Ton of information that was unknown.

Re: Name the biggest rat who turned.. - 12/29/12 08:33 PM

Lol he was Pentito for sure.
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: Name the biggest rat who turned.. - 12/29/12 10:52 PM

Al D'Arco and Sal Vitale were both important guys who testified at tons of trials and got tons of convictions
Posted By: TonyG

Re: Name the biggest rat who turned.. - 12/31/12 06:46 AM

Comparing rats and deciding on who was the "biggest" leaves alot of room for interpretation and debate.

IMO, Joe Valachi was important because he was the first to publicly expose LCN, not just to the cops and the Feds, but the public. Most of his information was spoon fed to him, but he opened the door for the rest of the cooperators.

Tommaso Buscetta was important for exposing the Sicilian Commission, named politicians in Italy who were connected to the mafia and exposed the cooperation between NY / Montreal and Sicily / Italy. He testified in the Maxi Trial and the Pizza Connection Trial. He helped put a lot of guys away on both sides of the ocean.

Al D'Arco was devastating to the Lucchese's, and hurt the other NY families. I believe Lenin is correct that he testified in more mob trials than anyone else.

Outside NY:
Angelo Lonardo pretty much nailed the coffin shut on the Cleveland family and provided testimony about the Commission and families outside NY.

Jesse Stoneking helped lock up almost the entire St Louis family, and the Syrian (Jimmy Michael's) and the East Side Gangs (the Berne / Wortman gang).

In Chicago, Robert Cooley was responsible for exposing political and judicial corruption - Pat Marcy and the first ward, Harry Aleman's fixed murder trial. 24 judges, lawyers and cops went down.
Nick and Frank Calabrese insured the Family Secrets trial resulted in convictions.

Re: Name the biggest rat who turned.. - 01/04/13 04:21 AM

Hold in who was driving like this? Fat tony? That's insane .just plain nuts.y not just pull him over for speeding. Lol
Posted By: Skinny

Re: Name the biggest rat who turned.. - 01/04/13 04:27 AM

Nah not Fat Tony... Haha

Re: Name the biggest rat who turned.. - 01/04/13 04:28 AM

Originally Posted By: Skinny
Nah not Fat Tony... Haha

Station wagons can't break 50mph floored!
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: Name the biggest rat who turned.. - 01/04/13 04:31 AM

Cause of Sal Vitale, 51 people as of late 2010 (more now) went to jail. 38 of them for murder. Check out the list here along with pictures of all the guys

http://www.fivefamiliesnyc.com/2010/10/killing-for-mob-then-decimating-it-in.html
Posted By: merlino

Re: Name the biggest rat who turned.. - 01/04/13 07:03 PM

Vinny Ocean was pretty bad and he is out on the streets now and in the open

Re: Name the biggest rat who turned.. - 01/06/13 03:34 AM

Oh.cus I got quite the laugh picturing him with a big ass cigar in his mouth and fedora floors it in the opposite lane lol
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET