Home

Buffalo Mob

Posted By: stern49

Buffalo Mob - 12/28/12 07:32 AM

2012-2013

Boss
Leonard "The Calzone" Falzone - Took over after Joseph Todaro, Jr. stepped down as boss of the family in 2006.
Underboss
Robert Joseph "Bobby" Panaro - Buffalo based soldier. Connected with the 1997 murder of Herbie Blitzstein in Las Vegas. Has close ties with the Los Angeles crime family. Convicted in 1999 of the Herbie Blitzstein murder along side Los Angeles crime family soldier Steven "The Whale" Cino.
Consigliere
Vacant
Capo of Utica, New York
Russell "Russ" Carcone - Son of Benedetto. Him and 24 others were indicted in 2000 on charges of conspiracy, grand larceny and possession of stolen property involving a $35 million shoplifting ring that included items like televisions, razor blades, batteries, radios, cd players, calculators, video games and cameras from Walmart, K-Mart and Staples.
Capo of Buffalo, New york
Frank "Butchie Bifocals" Bifulco - A 68 year old captain. He was indicted in 2001 in Buffalo on charges of fraud and arson.
Capo of Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Joseph Pugliese - Nephew of John Papalia (murdered in 1997) and John's brother Frank.
Soldiers
Joseph Randazzo - Buffalo based soldier. Still active at 77 years old.
Pasquale "Paddy" Brindisi - Member of the Utica Crew.
Salvatore "Sam" Cardinale - A soldier based in Buffalo.
Paul "Paulie" Cipolla - Member of the Hamilton Crew.
John Pieri - Buffalo based soldier. Moved to Nevada in 2012. Brother of the late Joseph Pieri.
Frank Papalia - Member of the Hamilton Crew. Brother of John and the uncle of Joseph Pugliese.
Frank Marino - A 73 year old soldier. Member of the Utica Crew.
Vincent "Vinny" Lombardo - Member of the Hamilton Crew.
Dominick "Dom" Italiano - Acting Capo of the Hamilton Crew.
Peter Gerace - Buffalo based soldier. Joseph Todaro's son-in-law.
Frank Ferraro - A 70 year old soldier. Member of the Utica Crew.
Philip "Phil" Corelli - A 49 year old soldier. Member of the Utica Crew.
Ignazio "Harold" Bordonaro - Member of the Hamilton Crew.
Victor Sansanese - A 77 year old soldier. Member of the Utica Crew. Brother of the late Daniel G. Sansanese, Jr.
James "Jimmy" Feliciano - A 35 year old soldier. Member of the Utica Crew. Involved in the shoplifting ring with Russell Carcone.
Retired Made Members
Joseph Todaro, Jr. - Boss of Buffalo's crime family from 1995-2006. Owns La Nova Pizza.
Joseph "Lead Pipe" Todaro, Sr. - Boss of Buffalo's crime family from 1984-1995. Owned La Nova Pizza with his son. Died in 2012. Suspected of being involved in the murder of Charles Gerass in September 1965. Gerass was a real estate salesman who was shot and left in a car trunk.
Made Members Who Have Died Recently
Daniel "Danny" Domino - Died in 2002.
Frank "Chicky" Grisanti - Died in 2011.
Albert M. Billiteri - Died in 1998.
Frank Billiteri - Died in 2010.
Benjamin "Sonny" Nicoletti - Died in 2012.
John R. Catanzaro - Died in 2004.
Donald "Turtle" Pinepinto
Daniel G. Sansanese, Jr.
Joseph "Joey" Pieri - Died in 2011.
Benedetto "Benny" Carcone - Died in 2004.
Associates
Louis Tavano
Joseph Lombardo
Carl J. Mazza
Michele A. Szuba - Member of the Utica Crew.
Jack "Turk" Zogby - Member of the Utica Crew. Involved in the shoplifting ring with Russell Carcone.
Larry Panaro - Brother of Robert.
Joseph "Joe Dips" DePaolo - Member of the Hamilton Crew.
Joseph Sacco
Michael Muscarella
Leonard Mordino - Buffalo based associate. Arrested and charged for selling cocaine in 2006.
James H. Perkins
John C. Alberico
Gary J. Conigliaro
John Makuch - Member of the Utica Crew. Sentenced to three years in prison in 2010 for stealing $2,679 worth of DVDs from Walmart even though he was previously banned from the chain for his part in the shoplifting ring with Russell Carcone and others. He was charged with third-degree burglary and fourth-degree grand larceny.
Harry Dorsagno
Joel M. Galinn
Robert LaValla
John J. Meagher
Frank A. Meola
Joseph J. Tebsherany - Member of the Utica Crew.
Paul J. Cambria - A Buffalo area lawyer. Represented the Todaro's.
Paul Boreanaz - A Buffalo area lawyer. Represented many Buffalo mobsters.
Joseph Cardinale - Son of Salvatore.
Carmine Mambrino
Rocco Papalia - Brother of John and Frank Papalia. Uncle of Joseph Pugliese.

BCF
Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times

Re: Buffalo Mob - 12/28/12 01:37 PM

Very nice job! Looks pretty thorough. I like the way the Capo's run different cities in the region. Nice work.
Posted By: azguy

Re: Buffalo Mob - 12/28/12 02:47 PM

There must be an Underboss and Consigliere, no...?
Posted By: Five_Felonies

Re: Buffalo Mob - 12/28/12 02:56 PM

add todaro sr to the list of recently deceased...

http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=%2F20121227%2FCITYANDREGION%2F121229426%2F1002
Posted By: TheKillingJoke

Re: Buffalo Mob - 12/28/12 04:10 PM

The (presumably unreliable) wikipage of the Buffalo mob states that they have around 30-35 made members ( which sounds pretty realistic) but that they also have 250-400 associates. I think that may be a bit much for a small family.

Re: Buffalo Mob - 12/28/12 04:27 PM

I wonder what connection/contact they have with thye NY city based families.....or the rizuto clan, since they are inbetween both....
Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: Buffalo Mob - 12/28/12 05:54 PM

I'm sure they're involved with the Rizutos since one of Buffalo's crew is in Canada.
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Buffalo Mob - 12/28/12 06:35 PM

23 members were cited by the FBI back in 2006. Since then, at least 3 or 4 members have died, including Todaro Sr. So the total family membership is probably under 20 now.
Posted By: Five_Felonies

Re: Buffalo Mob - 12/28/12 06:41 PM

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
23 members were cited by the FBI back in 2006. Since then, at least 3 or 4 members have died, including Todaro Sr. So the total family membership is probably under 20 now.

hey ivy, do you have any info on whether or not they still have anything going on in hamilton?

Re: Buffalo Mob - 12/28/12 06:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies
hey ivy, do you have any info on whether or not they still have anything going on in hamilton?

I think a few members are still alive there but I'm not aware of any mob cases there over the past decade or so.

Re: Buffalo Mob - 12/28/12 07:01 PM

have been doing research on them for quite a while and from the info I have they have 20-22 made guys still kicking...

Re: Buffalo Mob - 12/28/12 07:03 PM

The info on wikipedia is wrong.

Re: Buffalo Mob - 12/28/12 07:05 PM

Looks like Jr. is a rich man running his pizza and wing empire..

Re: Buffalo Mob - 12/28/12 07:14 PM

La Nova will never get a 1 star on yelp, lol.

Re: Buffalo Mob - 12/28/12 10:21 PM

Originally Posted By: stern49
Associates
Richard Todaro

If I'm not mistaken, he died in 2011.

Re: Buffalo Mob - 12/28/12 10:32 PM

Thanks Ivy. Took him off. I added John R. Catanzaro to the list of the dead. If you have anymore associates I can put on the chart let me know and I'll be glad to post their names under the list of associates.
Posted By: Scalish

Re: Buffalo Mob - 12/29/12 02:36 AM

Stern,

Few things I've noticed,

You are missing Sal Cardinale's son's Joseph and Ronald as associates.

Carmine Mambrino is also an associate.

Robert Panaro is 68 years old and possibly the new underboss.

Joseph Pieri has died.

Paul Cipolla is retired and in bad health.

Frank Falzone was left out he is the brother of Leonard and also a lawyer.

Joey Pugliese is actually the nephew of John Papalia not John Pugliese.

Dominic Italiano is in charge of Hamilton now not Joey Paps.

James Feliciano is a made man.

You got Joey DePaolo but not his brother's Bruno and Mike DePaolo.

Re: Buffalo Mob - 12/29/12 03:21 AM

Scalish, thanks for the info but only a few of your associates were actually associates. You are right about John Papalia. I'll put those ones up. I saw another thing you wrote once, about there being an edwardo (which is Spanish) being a made guy in the Cleve. family but that guy nobody even heard of. The info I have on the made guys are from reliable sources. Though, I do appreciate you sharing.

James Feliciano is NOT MADE. The guy is just a 30 year old kid who definitely never was made.

Re: Buffalo Mob - 12/29/12 03:26 AM

Please stop getting your sources from people who list these small families as being HUGE when they are almost gone.

I'm also not sure Joey Depaolo's bro's were ever involved in the mob, that would be guessing if I added them, and I'm trying not to do that.

Re: Buffalo Mob - 12/29/12 03:53 AM

Joseph and John Pieri are still alive. They're the nephews of the late Sam Pieri of the Buffalo Mob. Sam Pieri's brother, Joseph Pieri, had two sons, John and Joey Pieri, who are made.
Posted By: dsbaloo

Re: Buffalo Mob - 12/29/12 04:33 AM

Does anyone have any more info or articles on the boosting crew capo russel carcone ran? Sounds like he had some big stuff coming in and seems like a good hustle outside the traditional rackets.

Re: Buffalo Mob - 12/29/12 04:37 AM

Originally Posted By: Scalish
Robert Panaro is 68 years old and possibly the new underboss.

Unless he moved back at some point, he still lives in Los Angeles. And once again, I don't think he's even made.

Quote:
Joseph Pieri has died.

Do you know what year he died?

Re: Buffalo Mob - 12/29/12 05:05 AM

Quote:
Joseph Pieri has died.

not sure about that...

Quote:
Do you know what year he died?

He's not dead, as far as I know, but his father died. I think he was confused on which Joe it was.

Re: Buffalo Mob - 12/29/12 05:10 PM

Joseph died in 2011. Also John A. Pieri his bro is living in Nevada.

Re: Buffalo Mob - 12/29/12 05:48 PM

They might be small, but it appears they are still there...

Re: Buffalo Mob - 12/29/12 05:53 PM

Nothing to major but they do still have some rackets out there.

Re: Buffalo Mob - 12/29/12 07:12 PM

If you show me any kind of proof that he died in 2011 I'll be glad to put in on the chart.

Yes, John lives in Henderson, Nevada, at the moment.

Re: Buffalo Mob - 12/29/12 07:15 PM

Stern,

I am trying to find it. If you google little joe shots something will come with Buffalo mob info.

It is pretty cool check it out let me know.

Re: Buffalo Mob - 12/29/12 07:18 PM

That guy Joe Shots has them down as having 40-50 made guys... I'm sure Ivy will agree that that is BS. Sorry but It's true.
Posted By: Mukremin

Re: Buffalo Mob - 12/29/12 07:19 PM

this is what i got for the Buffalo family, i dont think they have a classis structure left but still i made it back in 2011.
http://www.freeuploadshare.com/image/Buffalo_Cosa_Nostra_family.jpg

Re: Buffalo Mob - 12/29/12 07:24 PM

There's also no solid proof or alleged proof Dominic Italiano is running Hamilton.

Re: Buffalo Mob - 12/29/12 07:24 PM

Stern,

I was not saying everything was accurate but it has some accurate stuff.

I am in no way saying Buffalo is this large structured family. I agree with you and Ivy that there is not much out there.

That thing with Angelucci in Cleveland again i did not state i knew that i asked if anyone knew about him to confirm it was bullshit.

I don't come on here trying to make believe and pretend there are families when there is not.

So stern my man take it easy bro.

Re: Buffalo Mob - 12/29/12 07:26 PM

Scalish, I am not upset, I'm just trying to get it through to you not to step into the BS, like many people do.

Re: Buffalo Mob - 12/29/12 07:27 PM

Thanks Muk.

I think Donald Panepinto died? Not sure though.

Ivy did you hear that?

Re: Buffalo Mob - 12/29/12 07:35 PM

Mukremin, a lot of those guys on your chart are dead.

Re: Buffalo Mob - 12/29/12 07:37 PM

Stern I am not upset either all good bro.

Re: Buffalo Mob - 12/29/12 08:49 PM

Yeah i am aware of it, i havent got any more information on them. And the charts hasnt been updated since it was made. If guys are willing to help and people who still believe they are a functional family, i will make a new chart.

Re: Buffalo Mob - 12/29/12 11:41 PM

Originally Posted By: azguy
They might be small, but it appears they are still there...

There are, of course, still living members of the Buffalo family. And there have been some cases here and there involving a member here or some associates there over the past decade. But there apparently isn't a viable family in the RICO sense of having a formal hierarchy and ongoing activity. Which is why the FBI no longer lists Buffalo as being viable. The family did last longer into the 1990's than many other families after all the prosecutions in the 1980's but by the 2000's it appears it no longer was considered viable by law enforcement. The last big case involving the family was when LIUNA Local 210 was put under federal oversight in 1996.

That guy Joe Shots has them down as having 40-50 made guys... I'm sure Ivy will agree that that is BS. Sorry but It's true.

I do agree that it's BS but don't take my word for it. The feds had the family at 45 members way back in 1989. So what are the chances the family will have that many decades later? None, apparently, since the feds had them at 23 members in 2006. And, like I said, at least 3 or 4 have died since then.

Originally Posted By: Scalish
I think Donald Panepinto died? Not sure though.

Ivy did you hear that?

Sorry, I don't have any information on that.

Re: Buffalo Mob - 12/30/12 01:57 AM

just added Joe P to being dead list, I'll take your word for it.

Re: Buffalo Mob - 01/08/13 03:55 AM

Thanks for your posts...
Posted By: MikeR

Re: Buffalo Mob - 01/11/13 06:45 PM

Has anyone ever heard of “Dingy” LaPaglia or Tony Balls and know their real names?
Posted By: SharpieOne

Re: Buffalo Mob - 01/11/13 07:37 PM

Benedetto "Benny" Carcone - Very respected old time mobster and member of the Utica Crew. Father of Russell.

He's dead. Has been for awhile. That's why Russ took over. And Feliciano IS MADE. That other guy, the 77 year old Utica guy, was he made in '04?

Re: Buffalo Mob - 01/11/13 08:16 PM

OK.... A friend said he's alive just 3 weeks ago, I'll have to check that out.

Re: Buffalo Mob - 01/11/13 08:25 PM

I had to pay to dig this up, which is ridiculous because you seem like a total liar who doesn't know a damn thing, but anyway, maybe your friends should start their own reality show, talking to the dead, like Long Island Medium...

March 23, 2004....

Benedetto "Benny" Carcone of Utica Mr. Benedetto "Benny" Carcone, age 77, of Utica, passed away on Tuesday, March 23, 2004, at St. Luke's Memorial Hospital Center with his family by his side. Born in Utica on April 18, 1926, Benny was the son of the late Eugene and Stella (DeMarco) Carcone. He was raised and educated in New York City and returned to Utica when he was 18 years old. A veteran of World War II, he served in the U.S. Navy. On April 22, 1950, he married the former Josephine Salvo with whom he has shared a union of 53 years. In a marriage based upon mutual love and devotion, Benny has been a friend and companion to his wife and family. Mr. Carcone served as Vice-President of the Burgess Oil Corp. for many years from the early 1980's until the time of his retirement. He was very active in the Democratic Party, and he belonged to a number of local organizations, including the VFW, the Teamsters Union in Rome, and the Sons of Italy. He was a communicant of St. Mary of Mt. Carmel Church. Generous to a fault, Benny was an excellent provider and a loving father and grandfather. He was an exemplary family man who was happy bringing up his four children and teaching them the principles he believed in, such as integrity, loyalty and family honor. These values, along with his strong work ethic, made him a pillar of strength and an inspiration for his loved ones. He had an excellent sense of humor and a quick wit that endeared him to his family members. Mr. Carcone is survived by his wife, Josephine; three daughters, Stella Ann Benedetto of Clinton, Benita and Keith Eisenhut of Deansboro, and Jodi Carcone and Frank Deitz of Castleton, NY; and a son, Russell Eugene Carcone of Utica. His survivors also include his grandchildren, Michael Benedetto, Jr., Bridget LaVigne, Vanessa Fanelli, Marco Benedetto, John Fanelli, Kara Carcone, Paul Carcone, Andrew Eisenhut, Michael Carcone, Benjamin Deitz, and Nicholas Deitz; and his great-grandchildren, Marina Benedetto, Maia LaVigne, and Michael Benedetto. In addition, he is survived by many nieces and nephews, including his godson, Peter Palmisano who was very special to him; and with special mention of Eugene Carcone, Frank Palmisano, and Frank Carcone; numerous great-nieces, great-nephews, and cousins; and his in-laws, Rosario "Russ" and Yvonne Salvo, Catherine Cannistra, Dan and Lamya Salvo, Fannie "Fay" and John Bianco, Paul and Cheryl Salvo, Marie Giglio, John Savlo, Marie Carcone, and Angeline Carcone. He also leaves many friends with whom he shared a special closeness, especially acknowledging Anthony Cortese. He was predeceased by two brothers, Eugene and Carmine A. Carcone; two sisters and a brother-in-law, Viola and Peter Palmisano, and Josephine DiNardo; and his in-laws, Margaret and Victor Nole, Anthony and Mary Salvo, and Al Giglio. The family offers its sincere thanks to Dr. Jerry Sloan for his professionalism, his compassionate care, and his exceptional dedication. There will be no public calling hours. Relatives and friends are respectfully invited to attend Mr. Carcone's Mass of Christian Burial which will be celebrated on Saturday afternoon at 1:30 at St. Mary of Mt. Carmel Church. The family will receive visitors at the conclusion of the mass. Please omit floral offerings. For those wishing to do so, please consider memorial offerings in Benny's honor to the Utica Rescue Mission; envelopes will be available at the service. Interment will take place in Calvary Cemetery at the convenience of the family. Arrangements have been entrusted to the Eannace Funeral Home, Inc., 932 South St., corner of Hammond Ave.

Re: Buffalo Mob - 01/11/13 08:42 PM

And just for good measure, Feliciano a 30 year old kid who isn't made? I don't think so....just take a look at the bottom of this indictment.

http://www.ag.ny.gov/press-release/state-dismantles-huge-upstate-shoplifting-ring

Re: Buffalo Mob - 01/11/13 08:51 PM

just thought I'd break your balls.... You have it right. Will change it for ya.

Re: Buffalo Mob - 01/11/13 08:59 PM

Next time though, if you feel a list is not complete, please let the person know that his information is pretty good, but that he needs to add somebody and/or delete a person from the list. That way he doesn't at all think you're dissing his work. However, thanks for the information you provided.

Re: Buffalo Mob - 01/11/13 09:05 PM

All good Stern you provided good stuff.

I did tell you Feliciano was made though lol.

Re: Buffalo Mob - 01/11/13 09:07 PM

True. You did, but he is very young and because the group is almost gone, It's hard to believe that they'd make somebody, especially that young. Get my drift?

Re: Buffalo Mob - 01/11/13 09:08 PM

I don't know what he means by my friends talk to the dead. Strange. I put Feliciano on the chart.

Re: Buffalo Mob - 01/11/13 09:11 PM

Lol.

All good sternsie.

Re: Buffalo Mob - 01/11/13 09:30 PM

Here is the Buffalo so far, i want to thank stern for his help getting pictures and info. I must say that i dont believe there is anything left in Buffalo to be called a family. But i have released this as a request for the forum members, take a look and enjoy smile

Re: Buffalo Mob - 01/11/13 09:35 PM

John Pieri is alive. Ask Scalish. he's living in Las Vegas, Muk... That's a recent picture of him. His brother is the one who is dead.

Re: Buffalo Mob - 01/11/13 09:43 PM

i made a mistake on him, nevermind that smile
its real hard to make an accurate chart for these guys.

Re: Buffalo Mob - 01/11/13 09:48 PM

I know, that's because you put associates in there, just stick with made guys, and ones that most likely were made. Use mine.

Great job on it, though.
Posted By: carmela

Re: Buffalo Mob - 01/11/13 09:53 PM

Too bad NJBoy55 isn't here (being that he was banned and all). The guy was a real prick, but he knew about these guys. Oh well.

Re: Buffalo Mob - 01/11/13 09:58 PM

Hey Muk Bobby Panaro is not boss buddy.

Falzone is still holding that spot.

Re: Buffalo Mob - 01/11/13 09:58 PM

i corrected the soldiers, no more associates because it gets confusing.

Re: Buffalo Mob - 01/11/13 10:02 PM

Dan Cancilla, the guy you hacked on facebook and others you hacked that know him? Yeah, I know Dan. You also got on his Elvis page and he had to ban you and report you to FB. I'm not him, but I do believe karma is definitely waiting for you. people who hack people's accounts and try to make their friends think they just came out of the closet as gays is really childish and evil. But looking at your photo of who ever it is and how many others do not like you, that tells me enough. Why don't you tell them that the picture in the pictures area here on this forum of the blonde really is not you??? You're a fraud and have been reported. Now I'm going to ignore you.

Re: Buffalo Mob - 01/11/13 10:07 PM

Great work to Mukremin...

Re: Buffalo Mob - 01/11/13 10:15 PM

Next time though, if you feel a list is not complete, please let the person know that his information is pretty good, but that he needs to add somebody and/or delete a person from the list. That way he doesn't at all think you're dissing his work. However, thanks for the information you provided.

I sort of tried to, not for nothing. Look, I'm new here and I appreciate your work. But all I said was that he was dead, and then you decided to call me out and make up a story about your friends talking to him 3 weeks ago. I see you edited that post. Maybe you should have contacted me before calling me out....Just sayin.

Re: Buffalo Mob - 01/11/13 10:35 PM

I don't know what he means by my friends talk to the dead. Strange. I put Feliciano on the chart.

Because you said your friends talked to Benny 3 weeks ago. That's why.
Posted By: SC

Re: Buffalo Mob - 01/11/13 10:45 PM

Dan Cancilla, the guy you hacked on facebook and others you hacked that know him? Yeah, I know Dan. You also got on his Elvis page and he had to ban you and report you to FB. I'm not him, but I do believe karma is definitely waiting for you. people who hack people's accounts and try to make their friends think they just came out of the closet as gays is really childish and evil. But looking at your photo of who ever it is and how many others do not like you, that tells me enough. Why don't you tell them that the picture in the pictures area here on this forum of the blonde really is not you??? You're a fraud and have been reported. Now I'm going to ignore you.

One warning - keep this crap off these boards.

Re: Buffalo Mob - 01/11/13 11:18 PM

Sharpie, I wasn't saying that in the post, you misunderstood, but that's fine. A friend told me about him still being alive. Just a misunderstanding. On the other situation, It's not about you. I'm not tripping on you, just that It's always good to let the person know that he has some great info, but that he needs to make some small changes. That always sounds better. Have a good one, bro. I never edited the post either.

Re: Buffalo Mob - 01/12/13 02:23 AM

Sharpie, I wasn't saying that in the post, you misunderstood, but that's fine. A friend told me about him still being alive. Just a misunderstanding. On the other situation, It's not about you. I'm not tripping on you, just that It's always good to let the person know that he has some great info, but that he needs to make some small changes. That always sounds better. Have a good one, bro. I never edited the post either.

Understood. sorry.
Posted By: streetbossliborio

Re: Buffalo Mob - 01/15/13 02:15 AM

I wonder how much of this is actually true and to what extent they are active. Finding it hard to believe they are still active with no recent cases and every1 very old. Great work anyways, very interesting!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET