Home

Pinkie Rings & Mafiosos

Posted By: Mr_Willie_Cicci

Pinkie Rings & Mafiosos - 11/27/12 06:42 PM

Couple of questions....
About when/why did wearing a pinkie ring become associated with being in the Mafia?
Traditionally, in the past, say pre-Gotti era, did a guy have to be made to wear a pinkie ring or did associates wear them too?
Did Bosses tend to wear pinkie rings pre-Gotti?
What about today, do younger guys wear 'em?
Posted By: Wilson

Re: Pinkie Rings & Mafiosos - 11/27/12 06:44 PM

Maybe pinky rings represented if they wacked someone or not?
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Pinkie Rings & Mafiosos - 11/27/12 06:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Mr_Willie_Cicci
Traditionally, in the past, say pre-Gotti era, did a guy have to be made to wear a pinkie ring or did associates wear them too?

That's a joke, right? confused

Pinky rings have always been worn by Italian American men. They're not mutually exclusive to the mob.

Re: Pinkie Rings & Mafiosos - 11/27/12 06:45 PM

Hi Pizza man

Re: Pinkie Rings & Mafiosos - 11/27/12 06:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Wilson

Yeah, a ring for each hit. When you whack out your eleventh victim, you put the ring on your dick rolleyes.

Re: Pinkie Rings & Mafiosos - 11/27/12 06:47 PM

Hi Pizza man

Hello, Wilson. Try to behave yourself this time.

Re: Pinkie Rings & Mafiosos - 11/27/12 06:51 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Yeah, a ring for each hit. When you whack out your eleventh victim, you put the ring on your dick rolleyes.

Yeah well you don't really have to wear more than one pinky ring if you have wacked someone. One is all you need.

Re: Pinkie Rings & Mafiosos - 11/27/12 06:54 PM

Yeah well you don't really have to wear more than one pinky ring if you have wacked someone. One is all you need.

There's absolutely no significance to the pinky ring other than as a fashion statement that they happen to like. I've worn one myself since my Confirmation 40 years ago.
Posted By: Friend_of_Henry

Re: Pinkie Rings & Mafiosos - 11/27/12 07:05 PM

Ernie Biondello's pinky ring, diamond encrusted initials EB, was taken by one one the guys that wacked him. It turned-up in a pawn shop in Pittsburgh and led to the killers getting caught. Go figure!

Re: Pinkie Rings & Mafiosos - 11/27/12 07:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Friend_of_Henry
Ernie Biondello's pinky ring, diamond encrusted initials EB, was taken by one one the guys that wacked him. It turned-up in a pawn shop in Pittsburgh and led to the killers getting caught. Go figure!

I remember that. That's hysterical. And it shows you just how smart some of these mutts are today.

I mean, it's in the gangster's handbook: Leave the pinky ring, take the cannoli.
Posted By: Mr_Willie_Cicci

Re: Pinkie Rings & Mafiosos - 11/27/12 07:10 PM

It's just they're so associated with the Mafia....
I've never seen an Italian man who wasn't affiliated with the Mafia, or didn't like to show off and act like they were connected, wear one. Nowadays or even 40, 50 years ago.

I look at my old family photos--all old school Italians---and the only guy I've ever seen wearing one was connected.

Now, I realize they were in the 30s and 40s as an upper class fashion statement (FDR wore one as did Bob Hope and others) but who are they associated with most today?

Re: Pinkie Rings & Mafiosos - 11/27/12 07:12 PM

I've never seen an Italian man who wasn't affiliated with the Mafia, or didn't like to show off and act like they were connected, wear one. Nowadays or even 40, 50 years ago.

Where are you from?

Because you're dead wrong. In the New York area pinky rings are very common among Italian American men. Not just the connected ones.

Re: Pinkie Rings & Mafiosos - 11/27/12 07:19 PM

but who are they associated with most today?

Granted, pinky rings are often asociated with wiseguys. But they're not mutually exclusive to them. That's all I'm saying.
Posted By: tiger84

Re: Pinkie Rings & Mafiosos - 11/27/12 11:38 PM

No the pinky ring is an Italian thing my father,uncles all wore them all the time and they were legit guys.
Posted By: carmela

Re: Pinkie Rings & Mafiosos - 11/27/12 11:49 PM

Originally Posted By: tiger84
No the pinky ring is an Italian thing my father,uncles all wore them all the time and they were legit guys.

Out of curiosity, did they wear their wedding rings as well?
Posted By: Mark

Re: Pinkie Rings & Mafiosos - 11/27/12 11:59 PM

Originally Posted By: carmela

I always remember my uncles, cousins, etc... wearing a wedding ring & gold watch on their left hand and a pinky ring & gold bracelet on the right hand. Of course they had the horn & malocchio thing and crucifix gold necklace as well.

Re: Pinkie Rings & Mafiosos - 11/28/12 12:09 AM

Originally Posted By: Mark

I always remember my uncles, cousins, etc... wearing a wedding ring & gold watch on their left hand and a pinky ring & gold bracelet on the right hand. Of course they had the horn & malocchio thing and crucifix gold necklace as well.

That's the way it's supposed to be worn, on the right hand, so it's not next to the wedding ring. And they usually do wear the bracelet on the right wrist as well.
I just find it amusing that men will wear a pinky ring for fashion, or to show they're connected, yet won't wear a wedding ring to show connection to their wife.

In Italy, though, connected men will generally wear the ring to show they're connected when they dress to go out.
Posted By: Five_Felonies

Re: Pinkie Rings & Mafiosos - 11/28/12 12:15 AM

thanks for clearing this whole pinkie ring stuff up for me guys. here i always thought that the point of wearing a big pinkie ring was that so if your wife or girlfriend mouthed off to you, you could just turn it around and give them a crack lol

Re: Pinkie Rings & Mafiosos - 11/28/12 12:25 AM

Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies
thanks for clearing this whole pinkie ring stuff up for me guys. here i always thought that the point of wearing a big pinkie ring was that so if your wife or girlfriend mouthed off to you, you could just turn it around and give them a crack lol

Well that's a given, I assumed everyone knew.
Posted By: Madonn

Re: Pinkie Rings & Mafiosos - 11/28/12 02:12 PM

I guess .. "Homosexuality
In the 1950s through the 1970s, wearing a pinky ring was sometimes used as a covert sign of male homosexuality. Judy Grahn in her book "Another Mother Tongue" writes that in 1959, the year she came out, that rings worn on the pinky were known as a secret way to communicate homosexuality."
Posted By: Toodoped

Re: Pinkie Rings & Mafiosos - 11/28/12 02:15 PM

^ ^ ^ Respect for this post! lol lol
Posted By: tiger84

Re: Pinkie Rings & Mafiosos - 11/29/12 03:53 AM

He wore it on the opposite hand.Watch wedding ring on left pinkie ring and bracelet if u want on rightWhen he was young all the guys use to wear it.Then after years of wearing it for show it just became natural but now he doesnt wear it anymore.I wouldnt wear one it just seems out of fashion to me
Posted By: AmericanCrime

Re: Pinkie Rings & Mafiosos - 11/29/12 05:51 AM

Most mobster don't wear flashy pinkie rings for the same reason rappers don't wear huge gold chains with larege timepieces affixed to them. (Unless you're a hipster)

That kinda outlandish jewelry accessory was realy only fashionably in the Pre-Gotti era because it was a symptom "disco dandyism"

It's the same reason that mobster don't wear leisure suits anymore.
Simply went out of style.
Posted By: Dixie_DaddysGirl_Snell

Re: Pinkie Rings & Mafiosos - 11/30/12 02:06 AM

I liked that comment, it cracked me up. Hehe haha lol The 11th wack and 11th ring
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: Pinkie Rings & Mafiosos - 12/02/12 12:16 AM

lol lol lol

Re: Pinkie Rings & Mafiosos - 12/02/12 12:19 AM

I remember one of my buddies from high school was selling a lot shit when we in our second year of college and he bought one we all made fun of him for it. He was known to be a pathological liar, just to be an asshole, a few months ago when it was his birthday, I wrote on facebook wall " Hey John is it really your birthday today?"
Posted By: King

Re: Pinkie Rings & Mafiosos - 12/02/12 12:26 AM

Apparently in the past, if you wore pin-stripped suits, traveled in a tringle of people, or talked in a Marlon Brando voice you would be considered "connected". To be honest, If I saw a man wear a pinky ring and had any other clothing or item which was pink then I would assume he would be into men. lol

Re: Pinkie Rings & Mafiosos - 12/02/12 03:08 AM

Originally Posted By: King
To be honest, If I saw a man wear a pinky ring and had any other clothing or item which was pink then I would assume he would be into men. lol

That's just ignorant on your part.
Posted By: King

Re: Pinkie Rings & Mafiosos - 12/02/12 03:17 AM

Ignorant? What's ignorant about it. I only suggested that men that had pink clothing on were into men. I know that many guys do wear pink but I don't think its the first color that goes into our mind.

Re: Pinkie Rings & Mafiosos - 12/02/12 03:26 AM

Originally Posted By: King
Ignorant? What's ignorant about it. I only suggested that men that had pink clothing on were into men. I know that many guys do wear pink but I don't think its the first color that goes into our mind.

It's ignorant to think ("assume" was your word, actually) that b/c a man wears a pinky ring and a pink tie or shirt that he's into men. What does color have to do with homosexuality?
Posted By: dsbaloo

Re: Pinkie Rings & Mafiosos - 12/02/12 06:42 AM

Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti
I remember one of my buddies from high school was selling a lot shit when we in our second year of college and he bought one we all made fun of him for it. He was known to be a pathological liar, just to be an asshole, a few months ago when it was his birthday, I wrote on facebook wall " Hey John is it really your birthday today?"

This made me lol.. About the pathological liar part and the pinkie ring.. He thought he needed the pinkie ring to let everyone know he successfully pushed some product.hey guys I'm official now, I got my pinkie ring.

Re: Pinkie Rings & Mafiosos - 12/02/12 07:16 AM

Originally Posted By: dsbaloo

This made me lol.. About the pathological liar part and the pinkie ring.. He thought he needed the pinkie ring to let everyone know he successfully pushed some product.hey guys I'm official now, I got my pinkie ring.

Yeah his parents are well off too his dads retired now but was a big union guy who was shady he used to say his dad was the boss of the mob and make up all kinds of shit. About 3 years ago I hooked up this jerkoff with my friend ashley who was a whore and a junkie and was hanging out at of my parents house with her. They had gone down the shore for a few hours and I had to get her out before they got home,so I pawned her off on him and well they fell in love lol. His parents had bought him a house or he said he did lol it was funny ashley's family was dysfunctional and poor to put it nicely. So she cooked for him, fucked him, and what not..they actually ended up getting married I didn't know if that was true or not but found out it was when she sent me a private message on Facebook saying she had turned her life around and wanted to get a divorce and his family wasnt being cooperative..long story short whenever they broke up a year and a half later or whatever he went off the fucking deep end. So about 6 months ago I picked him up and went to grab coffee with him and it was funny they both each others names tattooed on their ring finger. lol lol

Re: Pinkie Rings & Mafiosos - 12/02/12 07:20 AM

Hey Carm I hope your joking really that isn't cool men beating on women o

Re: Pinkie Rings & Mafiosos - 12/02/12 07:22 AM

Originally Posted By: AmericanCrime
Most mobster don't wear flashy pinkie rings for the same reason rappers don't wear huge gold chains with larege timepieces affixed to them. (Unless you're a hipster)

That kinda outlandish jewelry accessory was realy only fashionably in the Pre-Gotti era because it was a symptom "disco dandyism"

It's the same reason that mobster don't wear leisure suits anymore.
Simply went out of style.

Hi we here at American Crime Approve this Message!!!
Posted By: dsbaloo

Re: Pinkie Rings & Mafiosos - 12/02/12 07:39 AM

Originally Posted By: dsbaloo

Yeah his parents are well off too his dads retired now but was a big union guy who was shady he used to say his dad was the boss of the mob and make up all kinds of shit. About 3 years ago I hooked up this jerkoff with my friend ashley who was a whore and a junkie and was hanging out at of my parents house with her. They had gone down the shore for a few hours and I had to get her out before they got home,so I pawned her off on him and well they fell in love lol. His parents had bought him a house or he said he did lol it was funny ashley's family was dysfunctional and poor to put it nicely. So she cooked for him, fucked him, and what not..they actually ended up getting married I didn't know if that was true or not but found out it was when she sent me a private message on Facebook saying she had turned her life around and wanted to get a divorce and his family wasnt being cooperative..long story short whenever they broke up a year and a half later or whatever he went off the fucking deep end. So about 6 months ago I picked him up and went to grab coffee with him and it was funny they both each others names tattooed on their ring finger. lol lol

Hahahahaha fucking christ.. Kid sounds like one of a kind.. Atleast it sounds like he was good for entertainment. I know tons of rich kids who act like they buy all their shit by themselves and can't come to terms to tell people they have a joint bank account with mommy and daddy and get a big boy allowance of like 10k a month. You got some funny ass stories, sounds like I need to take a trip to philly to see some of these clowns.

Re: Pinkie Rings & Mafiosos - 12/03/12 01:43 AM

Hey Carm I hope your joking really that isn't cool men beating on women o

Why do you hope I'm joking? I'm not the one that said it.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET