Home

Vito Rizzuto subpoeaned to testify at inquiry

Posted By: antimafia

Vito Rizzuto subpoeaned to testify at inquiry - 11/24/12 04:00 AM

As if the decision that Raynald Desjardins has to appear before the Charbonneau Commission inquiry into corruption in Quebec's construction industry wasn't a shocker, now comes news that Rizzuto has been subpoenaed.

Link to article about this topic, along with part of the article itself, appears below:

http://montreal.ctvnews.ca/vito-rizzuto-subpoenaed-to-appear-before-charbonneau-commission-1.1052005

Vito Rizzuto subpoenaed to appear before Charbonneau Commission
CTV Montreal
Published Friday, Nov. 23, 2012 8:55PM EST
Last Updated Friday, Nov. 23, 2012 9:42PM EST

MONTREAL—According to Radio-Canada, the alleged leader of the Montreal mafia Vito Rizzuto has been called to testify before Quebec’s anti-corruption inquiry.

[snip]

The TVA network reported on Friday afternoon that Rizzuto was questioned by Surete du Quebec investigators earlier this week. Rizzuto was stopped while driving in Montreal and quizzed by officers on the street. Rizzuto was allegedly asked if he was wearing a bulletproof vest....
Posted By: vito_andolini

Re: Vito Rizzuto subpoeaned to testify at inquiry - 11/24/12 04:07 AM

Yup, read that too. Then read an article in La Presse that mentioned a few interesting things:
1- he is not driving around in an armoured vehicle, nor is he in the presence of bodyguards (made me go hmmmm).
2- that when detectives were questioning him, he ended the conversation in a firm manner, after listening patiently.
Posted By: azguy

Re: Vito Rizzuto subpoeaned to testify at inquiry - 11/24/12 03:02 PM

Can you take the 5th in Canada, lol...

If I was him I would say I've been in jail and out of the country for the last 8 years, I have no idea what you are talking about...
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET