Home

Nat Geo Channel - Casso

Posted By: merlino

Nat Geo Channel - Casso - 11/13/12 01:02 AM

Manhattan Mob Rampage on Nat Geo tonite about amuso and gaspipe

Also american gangsters on A & E on tonite never saw the story on machine gun johnny eng, crazy story
Posted By: TonyG

Re: Nat Geo Channel - Casso - 11/13/12 01:32 PM

I watched part of Manhattan Mob Rampage last night (again). One of the commentators is Salvatore Clemente. I thought the show listed him as a former associate, but he was listed as a former Lucchese Captain.

Who is this guy? How does one become a "former Lucchese Captain" and live to tell the story on a TV program when so little is known about him?

Re: Nat Geo Channel - Casso - 11/13/12 02:15 PM

I was thinking same thing also he sounded like a dead ringer for Christopher Walken, I kept laughing when he was talking
Posted By: carmela

Re: Nat Geo Channel - Casso - 11/13/12 02:49 PM

Just thought I'd mention, merlino, that there is a thread at the top of the OC forum where you can post about upcoming shows/bios:

http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=454884#Post454884
Posted By: pmac

Re: Nat Geo Channel - Casso - 11/13/12 03:39 PM

yep that guy salvatore clemente must have had a bad stroke or a real bad tick. he does make you laugh. amuso was nuts, and a drug dealer. for all that talk tony ducks said about killing drug dealers he had vic and gas aroung him plus he made al d'arco well he was out on bail for herion trafficing.but the windows racket was a thing of genius. im surprised the genovese cut it up with the othere familys.
Posted By: Sonny_Black

Re: Nat Geo Channel - Casso - 11/13/12 03:52 PM

This is part of the Underworld series and is already a few years old. Good series though.

Re: Nat Geo Channel - Casso - 11/13/12 05:05 PM

Originally Posted By: pmac
yep that guy salvatore clemente must have had a bad stroke or a real bad tick. he does make you laugh. amuso was nuts, and a drug dealer. for all that talk tony ducks said about killing drug dealers he had vic and gas aroung him plus he made al d'arco well he was out on bail for herion trafficing.but the windows racket was a thing of genius. im surprised the genovese cut it up with the othere familys.

That windows thing was an awesome business venture, free money big money in their pockets. Who is responsible for policing whether or not union employees are in on worksites if the union bosses are in on the scam as well
Posted By: Nova24

Re: Nat Geo Channel - Casso - 11/14/12 03:32 AM

It's on YouTube for anyone that hasn't seen it. Great documentary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWzoXOtxXuc
Posted By: Don Zadjali

Re: Nat Geo Channel - Casso - 11/14/12 09:32 AM

Thanks for the link Nova24!
Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times

Re: Nat Geo Channel - Casso - 11/14/12 12:47 PM

I saw this, and thought it was an excellent documentary. Some of the stuff was the same to clips i've seen elsewhere, but as a whole this was fascinating.
Posted By: Toodoped

Re: Nat Geo Channel - Casso - 11/14/12 02:16 PM

Heres another doc for the Luccheses...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsQZYCKQek8

there was this Mobsters episode bout Casso on youtube but i think it has been deleted
Posted By: azguy

Re: Nat Geo Channel - Casso - 11/14/12 02:32 PM

I watched the Casso piece last night, it was pretty good, not bad. Why did Amuso step down as boss after holding the spot from prison for so long..?

Re: Nat Geo Channel - Casso - 11/14/12 04:59 PM

Good question... I know so little about Amuso...anyone know more about him than what's been shown on cable tv?
Posted By: Toodoped

Re: Nat Geo Channel - Casso - 11/14/12 08:18 PM

Originally Posted By: azguy
I watched the Casso piece last night, it was pretty good, not bad. Why did Amuso step down as boss after holding the spot from prison for so long..?

All i know that in past times Crea had support from Amuso but later Crea had beef with some Lucchese captains and they wanted him dead.Dont know if Amuso was involved in that,but i think that Amuso wasnt happy for stepping down,maybe he was pushed aside,Crea is on the streets and hes a powerhouse
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: Nat Geo Channel - Casso - 11/14/12 09:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times
Good question... I know so little about Amuso...anyone know more about him than what's been shown on cable tv?

Most of the info available on Amuso can be found in the Casso book.
If memory serves me right, not mentioned in that book is the 1972 indictment of eight individuals on parole fixers. Among these were Amuso, Casso, a state parole officer and a former city correction officer. The charge was buying and selling parole from the Rikers Island jail.
Amuso and Casso were accused of paying $4,900 in an unsuccessful attempt to spring three policemen serving terms for stealing narcotics from Bronx addicts.
Bronx Dist. Atty. Burton Roberts claimed the pair were former members of "Crazy" Joey Gallo´s gang and "now with the Gambino Family".
The former city correction officer, Richard Curro, was later machinegunned but survived after giving testimony against the seven others in the case.
I´m not sure how the case went, but both Amuso and Casso were made into the Lucchese Family in 1976 (Casso) and 1977 (Amuso). Amuso was probably assaigned to Christy Funari´s Brooklyn crew. It says in the Casso book that Casso was put with Vinny "Beans" Foceri´s East Harlem crew but was later assaigned to Funari.
According to Casso, Funari offered him the position of crewleader in 1980 but Casso declined the offer recommending Amuso instead.

Amuso was also convicted of attempted robbery back in 1968. He pleaded guilty to the charges but wanted a new trial after being sentenced to minimum of two and one-half years and a maximum of ten years, claiming he was tricked into pleading guilty. His request for a new trial was dismissed.

Re: Nat Geo Channel - Casso - 11/15/12 06:21 PM

Hairy, you the man! thanks for the info!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET