Home

If all the Philly guys were out, who is on top?

Posted By: rg

If all the Philly guys were out, who is on top? - 11/08/12 10:12 PM

What do you think the structure would look like..

Heres my rank

Merlino
Mazzone
Ligambi
Mousie
Staino
Angelina
Lucibello
Chang
Borgesi
Lance
Nicodemo
Scoops
Dame
Posted By: 123JoeSchmo

Re: If all the Philly guys were out, who is on top? - 11/08/12 10:14 PM

Merlino, Mazzone, Chang and Lance are the only four left on the street and only three are in Philadelphia.
Posted By: rg

Re: If all the Philly guys were out, who is on top? - 11/08/12 10:17 PM

That wasnt the question.. I said if they were all out.. and thats not true bc Nicodemo is out...
Posted By: TonyBoy117

Re: If all the Philly guys were out, who is on top? - 11/08/12 11:06 PM

Here's my interpretation in decending order Merlino,Ligambi,Mazzone,Massimino,Staino,Lance,Gaeton,Chang,Borgesi,Licata,Angelina,Nicodemo,Philly,Dame,Gambino
Posted By: pmac

Re: If all the Philly guys were out, who is on top? - 11/08/12 11:36 PM

there has to be alot more then 6 guys active still on the street in philly, but at the same time i thought s.p. was alot bigger then it is, i looked on wiki they est.160k people i thought closer to 250k. i would guess in no order merlino, ligambi and one of the younger scarfo guys to keep the peace. i never understood why in philly theres only mob guys in south philly. theres no other part of the city has mob guy operating it seemed like that guy long john moved all over the city my guess.maybe why he got killed.
Posted By: SEAN_SOUTH

Re: If all the Philly guys were out, who is on top? - 11/08/12 11:45 PM

Not one mention of John Stanfa lol

He's gonna be mighty mad when he busts out of USP in his mobility scooter and hikes a hitch to South Florida to pop Merlino as he body pops on the beach cool

Wouldn't he have the recognition of the Gambinos without his 5 consec life sentences confused

What am I missing here?
Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: If all the Philly guys were out, who is on top? - 11/09/12 12:34 AM

yeah they have around 50-60 members so there's no way they have 6 guys on the street today
Posted By: cheech

Re: If all the Philly guys were out, who is on top? - 11/09/12 01:00 PM

NickyEyes where do you get info that philly has 50-60 made guys on the street? name ten?
Posted By: Imamobguy

Re: If all the Philly guys were out, who is on top? - 11/09/12 02:29 PM

Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1
yeah they have around 50-60 members so there's no way they have 6 guys on the street today

Really? So how do you know Expert Jerry Capeci? - They'll be more than 50-60 members, What you expect Million's to come from 50 members from Rackets? Haha, Philly/Pennsylvania is a BIG place. Merlino's House in Florida.
Posted By: spmob

Re: If all the Philly guys were out, who is on top? - 11/09/12 03:36 PM

There MAY be 10-12 guys on the street (working) that are made. But still a lot of associates.
Posted By: merlino

Re: If all the Philly guys were out, who is on top? - 11/09/12 05:02 PM

And the smarter guys that are still maybe made or associates are living in jersey or bucks county or the northeast and just don't live down in s philly maybe they lived there but some of them have moved out. I mean the main line bookies although they weren't mobbed up were not in s philly and then that drug dealeing dentist that lived up there too and wasnt mobbed up
Posted By: tommykarate

Re: If all the Philly guys were out, who is on top? - 11/09/12 06:37 PM

Why would any1listen to merlino after what ligambi did for the fam? Natale said him and merlino would have made themselves. But merlino was made by stanfa to try n keep peace.the only smart thing merlino ever did was put natale in as the lightning rod
Posted By: Serpiente

Re: If all the Philly guys were out, who is on top? - 10/06/13 11:33 AM

Originally Posted By: rg
What do you think the structure would look like..

Heres my rank

Merlino
Mazzone
Ligambi
Mousie
Staino
Angelina
Lucibello
Chang
Borgesi
Lance
Nicodemo
Scoops
Dame

How is it looking now ?
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: If all the Philly guys were out, who is on top? - 10/06/13 12:35 PM

Faffy.
Posted By: Jose

Re: If all the Philly guys were out, who is on top? - 10/06/13 05:11 PM

Is Charlie white out? - I think faffy is out but retired in Florida.
Changs coming out in the next year or so
Posted By: SonnyL

Re: If all the Philly guys were out, who is on top? - 10/06/13 06:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Joselevens
Is Charlie white out? - I think faffy is out but retired in Florida.
Changs coming out in the next year or so

Charlie white is out he's also about 79 years old and faffy is still in prison
Posted By: TheIsland

Re: If all the Philly guys were out, who is on top? - 10/06/13 07:53 PM

These guys ain't doing shit. They spent all that time in prison for nothing. The only thing got was hemorrhoids.
Posted By: TheIsland

Re: If all the Philly guys were out, who is on top? - 10/06/13 07:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Imamobguy
Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1

Really? So how do you know Expert Jerry Capeci? - They'll be more than 50-60 members, What you expect Million's to come from 50 members from Rackets? Haha, Philly/Pennsylvania is a BIG place. Merlino's House in Florida.

I'm sure you've been there.
Posted By: azguy

Re: If all the Philly guys were out, who is on top? - 10/07/13 03:48 PM

They should let Scarfo out, he'd straighten this shit out and quickly....
Posted By: LaLouisiane

Re: If all the Philly guys were out, who is on top? - 10/07/13 04:39 PM

Originally Posted By: azguy
They should let Scarfo out, he'd straighten this shit out and quickly....

lol Let the bodies hit the floor, let the bodies hit the floor!
Posted By: FrankMazola

Re: If all the Philly guys were out, who is on top? - 10/07/13 11:58 PM

Not trying to play mafia advocate or anything but… save for Staino Nicodemo and Mousie (and obviously the jury is out on Ligambi and Borgesi), didn't Philly take a win on the last trial???
Posted By: Dellacroce

Re: If all the Philly guys were out, who is on top? - 10/08/13 12:17 AM

i wouldnt really call it a "win", it just wasnt as bad as it could've been, dont forget bout fazzini and canalachio also getting time. ligambi needs a not guilty bc a conviction for him is pretty much going to be a life sentence at his age.
Posted By: FrankMazola

Re: If all the Philly guys were out, who is on top? - 10/08/13 12:23 AM

Haha yeah I forgot about Dame and Lou. And I guess you're not exactly thrilled you're Mousie. By the way… isn't it crazy to think about guys like Mousie and Staino taking a serious sentence like that on the chin??? 2013 and there are guys willing to give up serious chunks of their golden years to keep their "honor code" or whatever-the-fuck they're calling it now a days. I wonder if taking care of the families is like it used to be.
Posted By: paprincess

Re: If all the Philly guys were out, who is on top? - 10/08/13 02:24 AM

I don't think Joe lives there anymore
Posted By: paprincess

Re: If all the Philly guys were out, who is on top? - 10/08/13 02:26 AM

have to disagree Merlino not on top, closer to the bottom, as in retired, hanging out with Chang in Boca, doing his own thing
Posted By: TheChickenMan

Re: If all the Philly guys were out, who is on top? - 10/08/13 02:39 AM

i would think scarfo if he still has it in him
Posted By: F_white

Re: If all the Philly guys were out, who is on top? - 10/08/13 03:20 AM

One must think Lil Nicky .

Re: If all the Philly guys were out, who is on top? - 10/08/13 06:46 PM

Yes , and i would think Joey (skinny) would be first to hit the floor..
Posted By: Jose

Re: If all the Philly guys were out, who is on top? - 10/08/13 09:48 PM

Serpiente - it would be a race and I think Nicky would lose - a few of his guys are on the street that did a lot of time for his lunacy ... What do you think ? Also Joey has the men behind him now .. I can see things lining up in his and Stevie's corner going forward - even if joe comes out ... Who is Georgie more loyal to joey/Stevie or uncle joe ? I think it's about to get real active again on the streets

Re: If all the Philly guys were out, who is on top? - 10/08/13 11:49 PM

Not up on the new order,

NY would be with Nick ,just a guess.
But i do think most would lineup behind the real boss.

Then again it is Philly .
Posted By: JCB1977

Re: If all the Philly guys were out, who is on top? - 10/09/13 04:41 PM

Joey is not in Boca any longer, the neighbors were complaining so much to the owner of the house that Merlino was asked to find another place. Supposedly, he was throwing parties into the early morning hours and the citizens of Boca caught wind that Joey was stating there and wanted him out.
Posted By: JCB1977

Re: If all the Philly guys were out, who is on top? - 10/09/13 04:43 PM

Not Merlino's house in Boca, it was owned by a guy that Joey knew. He would have had some explaining to do if he got out of prison and bought a $750k house while on federal supervision. He is not living there any longer as the owner asked him to leave.

Re: If all the Philly guys were out, who is on top? - 10/12/13 10:48 PM

"Faffy" will not sit for Merlino ,He may be passive for Ligambi.
Just think were Joe and Joey were when Faffy got pinched .

Faffy had just got done sticking to Chuckie .And if not for Phil he(Faffy) would have been UB .
And Ligambi was gofer ,Joey was, well what he is .
Posted By: Salvie84

Re: If all the Philly guys were out, who is on top? - 10/13/13 12:23 PM

I think the current guys would be on top by virtue of being on the streets all the time the Scarfo guys were in jail. I also tend to think the Scarfo guys either would have their own thing going amongst themselves or they would be treated with deference given the fact they stood up and did their bit. They deserve that at least inu opinion. Then again it's the twenty-teens.

In other words, in a perfect underworld the Scarfo guys would have a pretty large degree of autonomy to do their thing as long as they give a taste to the current alleged regime. These guys upheld their code (which seems kinda crazy to me given what was going on at the time). These guys, right or wrong, believed in something and took their time like men- a rarity there's days not only in their world, but the world in general.
Posted By: Salvie84

Re: If all the Philly guys were out, who is on top? - 10/13/13 12:35 PM

When I say believed in something I'm not condoning or agreeing with their lifestyle or life path (although I think it's pretty solid that they went against the tyranny and hypocrisy of the straight and narrow and had the balls to defy and expose it while making pretty good coin), but o think there's something to be said about a guy who sticks to an oath and takes responsibility for his actions. That's the way I was schooled at least. I mean, who wouldn't break the law for pontentially good money if one knew they could just rat and pass the buck to an accomplice just to save their skin? If you get caught doing something you shouldn't be, why be salty and rat on somebody just as guilty or bad as you? I get caught doing some sideways shit all the time in my daily life. Instead of making excuses and offering an insincere apology, I own up to it and try (unsuccessfully usually) to not do it again. Might be apples to oranges but the principle is the same.
Posted By: Revis_Knicks

Re: If all the Philly guys were out, who is on top? - 10/26/13 07:02 PM

That's Merlino's house?! It looks a little ugly in my opinion from the outside but that's a castle. It's huge. And I would say scarfo. If he was out right now he'd be boss. Scarfo was actually pretty careful when it came to staying off the radar. Some of his tactics were actually really good. But he just killed too many people which put them in the press too much.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET