Home

Joe Di Maulo killed?

Posted By: Dwalin2011

Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/05/12 11:32 AM

http://m.journaldemontreal.com/2012/11/05/un-homme-tue-dans-sa-residence

Sorry, didn't find any articles in English about that.
Posted By: Stu_Katz

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/05/12 11:39 AM

Game on...
Posted By: Giordano

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/05/12 12:42 PM

Wow thats a big one. This would seem to clear up any debate on whether or not Di Maulo was part of the onslaught against the Rizzutos. Interested to see whether the violence starts to spread into Ontario now.
Posted By: vito_andolini

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/05/12 12:53 PM

Yes, it's true. It's def on... I thought Di Maulo was neutral all along. I guess even I was wrong.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/story/2012/11/05/montreal-mafia-murder.html
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/05/12 03:08 PM

Game on, indeed.

Interesting article from the Montreal Gazette written in English:

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/mont...8241/story.html
Posted By: azguy

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/05/12 03:45 PM

Is this Vito striking back? The first of many more to come?
Posted By: pmac

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/05/12 04:16 PM

my new theory is this guy was probaly made by controni in the 70tys so was at one time a bonanno member there all getting killed off. any of the 20ty guys who were bonnano's 70tys/90tys are to be killed maybe as a sighn to nyc you had a rat boss undeross capo's. really when sal vitale said there was 20 of them in montreal 10yrs ago i bet they all got killed except vito, yet. who knows what joe massino is telling the mounties about how montreal worked so whoever it is just taking them all out. do the mounties ride there horses to houses when doing raids?
Posted By: Sonny_Black

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/05/12 05:00 PM

This is as big as the hit on Nick Rizzuto. Joe Di Maulo has been a highly infuential figure in the Montreal Mafia for decades. He has been active since 1960 and was a close confidant of the Cotroni family, particulary Frank Cotroni Sr., who died in 2004.

Who would have predicted this would happen a couple of years ago... uhwhat
Posted By: mike68

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/05/12 05:18 PM

Holy Crap, forget Whitey Bulger and the boston garbage, Hollywood should be setting their sights on Montreal. Starring Nicholas Cage as Vito.
Posted By: BarrettM

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/05/12 06:26 PM

DiMaulo and Desjardins were very close. But now Di Maulo is dead and Raynald is in jail, Montagna dead, the Arcuri patron dead, the Arcuri sons in hiding, etc. Is Vito facing that much competition now? Who's next. Tony Magi?

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/05/12 06:59 PM

Originally Posted By: BarrettM
DiMaulo and Desjardins were very close. But now Di Maulo is dead and Raynald is in jail, Montagna dead, the Arcuri patron dead, the Arcuri sons in hiding, etc. Is Vito facing that much competition now? Who's next. Tony Magi?

To me, this could go a couple of ways, but maybe someone else can another light on it. The question I am examining is whether 1- this is an internal Calabrian hit on one of their own; a guy who may be too informed and know too much, in addition to taking advantage of perfect timing (knowing that ppl right away would say it's Vito -- since he's been released) If so, is it just coincidence that Arcuri and Di Maulo both go down in weeks since Vito's been out? 2- it actually is Vito carrying this out and reasserting himself at the top. One MTL headline this morning read "Di Maulo, No.2 in Montreal Mafia, goes down"

The only other guy left from the "old guard" missing from this equation is Moreno Gallo (deported). There was no word on any beef between Di Maulo and anyone else. Sonny is right though-- this is BIG.
Posted By: m2w

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/05/12 07:41 PM

it s a retaliation of the arcuri faction
di maulo is part of the desjardin faction vs montagna-arcuri-pietrantonio

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/05/12 08:56 PM

Originally Posted By: m2w
it s a retaliation of the arcuri faction
di maulo is part of the desjardin faction vs montagna-arcuri-pietrantonio

Could very well be the case. Maybe they chose to kill him now that Rizzuto is reportedly back in Montreal and hoping that the blame would fall upon him.

But it's to early too make these sort of assumptions. Maybe it was the Arcuri-Pietrantonio-Bonanno group, maybe some renegades like Giuseppe De Vito or Andrea Scoppa, maybe it was the Rizzuto group, maybe street gangs. In other words, it could have been anybody.

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/05/12 09:08 PM

the arcuri-montagna showed they have enough manpower, they planned to kill desjardin at first but failed
desjardins mirarchi racaniello are in jail now i think so its group weakend since then
pietrantonio survived the attempted murder, so i think it's this faction, supported by the bonannos and not vito rizzuto to kill dimaulo

i dont think street gangs are involved, they are mafia-style murder

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/05/12 10:26 PM

http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=638942&Searchpage=1&Main=23638&Words=%22giuseppe+de+vito%22&Search=true#Post638942

I read this thread and it helped a lot. I didn't really understand that Montagna and Desjardins both had factions and not just small crews. The underworld really split in half. So basically we would have.

Montagna dead
Tony Suziki alive
Lorenzo Lopresti dead
Domenico Arcuri dead
4 Arcuris alive

+

Raynald Desjardins jailed
Vittorio Mirarchi jailed
Joe Di Maulo dead
Giuseppe Colapelle dead

Tony Suzuki is sort of the last man standing, and he wasn't one of the bosses. Vito's got this tongue I think it's interesting that Di Maulo wasn't jailed with Desjardins and Mirarchi. Just speculation, but it's possible he had seniority and didn't have to get his hands as dirty. If not, maybe he was a faction unto himself, and had to be removed by Vito. It's anyone's guess.

Posted By: Scalish

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/06/12 12:12 AM

Does anyone know the guys loyal to the Rizzuto faction?

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/06/12 01:25 AM

i just read this victim showed up at nick jr.s wake and funeral. its like 30 degree's out in mass. it must be snowing and freezing up in montreal. theses guys are kgb mobsters. cross-country skiing shooting old guys. who wins when all these old guys are dead this makes the colombo war look like a smart idea. bring back fire bombings like its 1950ty, crazy. an america its arson in the aid of ract. and if the feds pick it up, its gameover double digits like a 15 yr mando if convicted even in state court its a ugly charge, cause there could be innocent people in the buildings. dam its cold out.
Posted By: Tonymtl

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/06/12 01:33 AM

If rizzuto took out dimaulo then Gallo , Mucci or Vanelli could be next. Wouldn't be surprised. I think they all played the wind of change and are paying for it now. They didn't protect Vito's interests while he was gone.

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/06/12 02:18 AM

I'd be shocked if Arcuri was behind this. I don't think anybody can be sure Domenico Jr. is breathing these days. He hash't been spotted in months and apparently didn't show up to his old man's funeral. It seems he's the guy who betrayed the Rizzuto's from the inside and allowed for them to get picked off so surgically.

Say what you want but with all thats happened the papers say Di Maulo 50 years plus into the game was still walking the streets with no body guard despite all thats happened over the last few years. Thats a real mafioso.

The montagna-arcuri faction has taken as many if not more hits than the Desjardins-Dimaulo faction. Montagna, Giseuppe "George Renda and depending on what you believe Lopresti, Pietrantonio survived a shooting, And Arcuri Sr. who passed under strange circumstances to say the least.

I think for both Lopresti and Pietrantonio it is still up in the air on whether they were still with the Rizzutos. Lopresti's funeral was still at the Rizzuto's funeral home and that hasn't been the case with other's who betrayed the them.

The Rizzuto's appear to have be on the offensive ever since Rocco Sollecito was first parolled in the summer although it was quickly revoked they seemed to start striking back It started with George Renda vanishing and the last person seen with him a [BadWord] relative and then although minor the firebombing campaign against the Arcuri's afterward. As the papers stated about the Di Maulo hit it appears to be a message with it happening nearly 2 years to the Day Nick Sr was killed and in a similar fashion.

My guess is sometime soon we hear of Arcuri Jr and Magi meeting gruesome ends. I'm most interested to see if the Violi's or Vincenszo DeMaria's family in Ontario start to get hit.

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/06/12 03:33 AM

So you think Rizzuto killed Joe Renda and not the Di Maulo faction? Interesting. What was Sellecito's position in the organization before jail?

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/06/12 03:59 AM

I think we are talking the same person but just in case I'm talking Giseuppe "Joe is right I was putting Geroge" Renda who was a member of the Bonanno Family from New York and stationed in Montreal. No relation to Paulo Renda, Vito's brother in law. He disappeared in the summertime and according to papers was last seen with a family member of Agostino Cu-ntrera . I think this was likely an act of Vengeance taken upon by the [BadWord] family as opposed to anything Rizzuto ordered.

Up until that time I like others on here wondered if Cun trera's or at least those in Toronto may have approved of the hit on Agostino. This may well have been the case but recent information states Agostino's son Liborio is still a Vito supporter not that that proves anything at all.

The book Bloodlines written about the Caruana-C-untrera's which is out of date now but back when it was written there was mention in it of how the Caruana-C-untrera's stationed in other parts of the world didn't think the family in Montreal gave enough support to those back in Sicily. I don't think this was the cause for any type of real animosity though.

Rocco Sollecito from what I have read was Number 4 behind Nick, Vito and Paulo Renda. He and Vito were friend's as children and was apparently very close to Paulo Renda also. The structure of the Rizzuto's is up for debate but he was part of the inner circle at the top of the family.

Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/06/12 04:21 AM

Originally Posted By: mike68
Holy Crap, forget Whitey Bulger and the boston garbage, Hollywood should be setting their sights on Montreal. Starring Nicholas Cage as Vito.

Your right Mike Hollywood should take a look at Canada. But Nicholas Cage Fuggetaabouitt
Posted By: ForgettableName

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/06/12 05:14 AM

So I realize what i'm posting isn't specifically the point of this thread, but I feel like it's relevant enough and is fairly interesting. I made it up myself and I don't believe I'm missing anyone.

Deaths in the Montreal Mafia War 2008 - Present

• Joe Di Maulo , 70, Shot to Death – November 2012
• Pierre-Paul Fortier, 27, Shot to Death, Possibly Unrelated to Montreal Mafia War – October 2012
• Frederick Murdock, 33, Shot to Death, Possibly Unrelated to Montreal Mafia War – October 2012
• Vincent Pietrantonio, 53, Shot and Wounded, Possibly Unrelated to Montreal Mafia War - October 2012
• Tommy Pietrantonio, 28, Shot and Wounded, Possibly Unrelated to Montreal Mafia War - October 2012
• Domenico Arcuri Sr. , 79, Died Suspiciously – October 2012
• Ben Zaid Moez Ben Ali, 34, Shot to Death, Possibly an Innocent Civilian – August 2012
• Riccardo Ruffolo, 34, Shot to Death – August 2012
• Chenier Dupuy, 37, Shot to Death, Possibly Unrelated to Montreal Mafia War – August 2012
• Lamartine Paul Severe, 42, Shot to Death, Possibly Unrelated to Montreal Mafia War - August 2012
• Walter Ricardo Gutierrez, 60, Shot to Death – July 2012
• Giuseppe "Joe" Renda, 53, “Missing” – May 2012
• Salvatore Silletta, 49, Shot To Death – March 2012
• Giuseppe "Closure" Colapelle, 38, Shot To Death – March 2012
• Steven Laporte, 39, Shot To Death – March 2012
• Antonio (Tony Suzuki) Pietrantonio, 48, Shot and Wounded – December 2011
• Salvatore "Sal the Ironworker" Montagna, 40, Shot to Death – November 2011
• Lorenzo "Larry" Lopresti , 40, Shot To Death – October 2011
• Raynald Desjardins, 60, Shot At – September 2011
• Antonio Di Salvo, 44, Shot To Death – February 2011
• Nicolo Rizzuto, 86, Shot To Death – November 2010
• Ennio Bruni, 36, Shot To Death – September 2010
• Agostino [BadWord], 66, Shot To Death – June 2010
• Liborio Sciascia, 40, Shot To Death – June 2010
• Paolo Renda, 70, “Missing” – May 2010
• Ducarme Joseph, 43, Shot At In Suspected Dispute With Montreal Mafia– March 2010
• Peter Christopoulos, 27, (Bodyguard of Ducarme Joseph), Shot To Death – March 2010
• Nick Rizzuto Jr., 43, Shot To Death – December 2009
• Fredrico Del Peschio , 59, Shot To Death - August 2009
• Sam Fasulo, 37, Shot To Death - January 2009
• Mario (Skinny) Marabella, 40, “Missing” – December 2008
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/06/12 07:57 AM

Originally Posted By: ForgettableName
So I realize what i'm posting isn't specifically the point of this thread, but I feel like it's relevant enough and is fairly interesting. I made it up myself and I don't believe I'm missing anyone.

• Pierre-Paul Fortier, 27, Shot to Death, Possibly Unrelated to Montreal Mafia War – October 2012
• Frederick Murdock....

Excellent rundown! Thanks for this. star

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/06/12 09:09 AM

Originally Posted By: Giordano
Say what you want but with all thats happened the papers say Di Maulo 50 years plus into the game was still walking the streets with no body guard despite all thats happened over the last few years. Thats a real mafioso.

It's foolish if you ask me. Walking without a bodyguard in Montreal these days, especially if your an important member of the Mafia, is asking to be killed. When you make yourself such an easy target it's tempting for anybody to settle a score. Just look at the Nick Rizzuto Jr. hit.

Even if he wasn't involved, his name popped up in the news more often than he would have liked.

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/06/12 09:14 AM

Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles

• Frederick Murdock....

Excellent rundown! Thanks for this. star

Add the murder attempt on Danny De Gregorio and it's complete.
Posted By: Scorsese

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/06/12 10:37 AM

• Frederick Murdock, 33, Shot to Death, Possibly Unrelated to Montreal Mafia War – October 2012
• Vincent Pietrantonio, 53, Shot and Wounded, Possibly Unrelated to Montreal Mafia War - October 2012
• Tommy Pietrantonio, 28, Shot and Wounded, Possibly Unrelated to Montreal Mafia War - October 2012
• Domenico Arcuri Sr. , 79, Died Suspiciously – October 2012
• Ben Zaid Moez Ben Ali, 34, Shot to Death, Possibly an Innocent Civilian – August 2012
• Riccardo Ruffolo, 34, Shot to Death – August 2012
• Chenier Dupuy, 37, Shot to Death, Possibly Unrelated to Montreal Mafia War – August 2012
• Lamartine Paul Severe, 42, Shot to Death, Possibly Unrelated to Montreal Mafia War - August 2012
• Walter Ricardo Gutierrez, 60, Shot to Death – July 2012
• Giuseppe "Joe" Renda, 53, “Missing” – May 2012
• Salvatore Silletta, 49, Shot To Death – March 2012
• Giuseppe "Closure" Colapelle, 38, Shot To Death – March 2012
• Steven Laporte, 39, Shot To Death – March 2012
• Antonio (Tony Suzuki) Pietrantonio, 48, Shot and Wounded – December 2011
• Salvatore "Sal the Ironworker" Montagna, 40, Shot to Death – November 2011
• Lorenzo "Larry" Lopresti , 40, Shot To Death – October 2011
• Raynald Desjardins, 60, Shot At – September 2011
• Antonio Di Salvo, 44, Shot To Death – February 2011
• Nicolo Rizzuto, 86, Shot To Death – November 2010
• Ennio Bruni, 36, Shot To Death – September 2010
• Agostino [BadWord], 66, Shot To Death – June 2010
• Liborio Sciascia, 40, Shot To Death – June 2010
• Paolo Renda, 70, “Missing” – May 2010
• Ducarme Joseph, 43, Shot At In Suspected Dispute With Montreal Mafia– March 2010
• Peter Christopoulos, 27, (Bodyguard of Ducarme Joseph), Shot To Death – March 2010
• Nick Rizzuto Jr., 43, Shot To Death – December 2009
• Fredrico Del Peschio , 59, Shot To Death - August 2009
• Sam Fasulo, 37, Shot To Death - January 2009
• Mario (Skinny) Marabella, 40, “Missing” – December 2008

What do you think the final body count is going to be? I reckon 40-45
Posted By: jackbottoxxx

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/06/12 03:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
Originally Posted By: Giordano

It's foolish if you ask me. Walking without a bodyguard in Montreal these days, especially if your an important member of the Mafia, is asking to be killed. When you make yourself such an easy target it's tempting for anybody to settle a score. Just look at the Nick Rizzuto Jr. hit.

Even if he wasn't involved, his name popped up in the news more often than he would have liked.

i agree. not that a bodyguard would totally save your life ie; cun trera-sciascia. but, you might have a chance of surviving, at least.

then again, a person like montagna went into a meeting alone without a lookout, leading to his ambush. you would think that he would have an entourage, of some sort, after being underboss of a NYC family.

which leads me to believe, a plausible theory, about this mob hit. it may stem from NYC and retribution for the fallout between dimaulo-desjardins-gallo and montagna-arcuris.
i think rizzuto, unless he truly is an invincible figure after being put away and his immediate family being decimated. i think it is too soon for him to make a move that sudden, with all eyes watching him. Don't forget,when his son and two lawyers came to pick him up at the airport. there was a NYC figure present, as well?? what was that all about??
batter up!!!

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/06/12 03:50 PM

Has anyone identified the unknown NYC associate that was there at the airport..??

Maybe Vito is getting some help from NYC to get back his family and rid himself of the opposition as a favor for his years of service...and doing his time in jail like a stand-up guy..

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/06/12 03:56 PM

I don't follow Canada as closely as I should. I usually defer to posters like Sonny_Black (he's a walking encyclopedia on the topic smile ).

But I have to say, IF Rizzuto turns out to be behind this, and IF he ends up the last man standing, that guy is as old school and savvy and old soul Sicilian as God ever made. Because everyone---BUT EVERYONE---wrote the guy off.

Even if you don't approve of the criminal life (and to be honest, you probably shouldn't), you have to respect the balls and the savvy of a guy like that. It's mind boggling.

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/06/12 04:20 PM

Agreed PB.

It should be interesting to see who shows up at Di Maulo´s funeral. Funerals are a lot like weddings in the Mafia world.
Who gets invited and who gets not?

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/06/12 09:01 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
I don't follow Canada as closely as I should. I usually defer to posters like Sonny_Black (he's a walking encyclopedia on the topic smile ).

There are others who deserve this title more than I do, but thanks anyway.

What makes Montreal so interesting for me is that they are still living in the past. Montreal is like New York in the 1980s. The so called Fabulous Fourteen is the equivalent of New York's Concrete Club of the 1980s that was headed by Paul Castellano just as Nick Rizzuto headed the Fabulous Fourteen. Both as we know were killed by renegade factions. Also, why I think it's the 1980s for Montreal is because the writings are on the wall. There are going to be more major arrests and blows to the Montreal Mafia in the years to come. The next ten years might become extremely interesting for us mobwatchers. I'm not sure If I will be following it all the way, but who knows.

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/06/12 09:05 PM

I'm not sure If I will be following it all the way, but who knows.

Why, where are you going? I thought you were like 25? lol

But seriously, I agree that law enforcement in Canada will start to catch up to some degree. If they ever get as gung-ho as the American feds (and we know that they won't), you'll eventually even see some rats up there.

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/06/12 09:19 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
I'm not sure If I will be following it all the way, but who knows.

Why, where are you going? I thought you were like 25? lol

But seriously, I agree that law enforcement in Canada will start to catch up to some degree. If they ever get as gung-ho as the American feds (and we know that they won't), you'll eventually even see some rats up there.

It's a never ending story. Di Maulo's murder only underlines this and will set the stage for more vendetta's in the years to come. It's not easy keeping up to date and after a while it gets a little tiring. Just when I was about to take a break from all this, they pull you back in with yet another murder...
Posted By: carmela

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/07/12 04:03 AM

A lot of answers can be seen by who attends the funeral, but moreso, who does NOT attend this funeral.

edit: I just saw HairyKnuckles said basically the same thing. In that case, I agree with him.
Posted By: Mukremin

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/07/12 10:31 AM

i am getting more and more interested whats going on up there, but the thing is its just to confusing. Cant wait for a decent Canadian mob movie, or a good book covering the events from the starting of the killing. The 2 documentaries about the Rizzutos was a good thing to watch.

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/07/12 12:42 PM

This is Pat Musitano at John Papalia's funeral. Musitano had ordered his murder. Also, Papalia was Musitano's godfather.

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/07/12 12:44 PM

Just who ordered DiMaulo’s death will soon be answered simply by seeing where his funeral will be held. The Rizzuto family owns a funeral home in Montreal, so if Vito had nothing to do with his death, expect DiMaulo’s wake to take place there.
If indeed his murder was Vito’s doing, expect the funeral to take place elsewhere.
Posted By: Johnny_Pops

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/07/12 04:07 PM

[quote=Sonny_Black]This is Pat Musitano at John Papalia's funeral. Musitano had ordered his murder. Also, Papalia was Musitano's godfather.

Since he got out of prison, Pat Musitano has gone on a fitness craze. He is much thinner now & most people wouldn't recognize him. He used to really view himself in the whole "Godfather" bit & didn't hide his mob status. Now, he is very low key - he has either matured into his role or been kept in his place. Also, Johnny Papalia was the godfather of Dominic Violi's younger brother, Giuseppe. Around here, there are lots of interpersonal connections between the Families.
Posted By: Strax

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/07/12 05:59 PM

Is there an end to this chaos.
Posted By: TonyG

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/07/12 06:03 PM

Wow, the violence in Montreal is staggering, and does not seem to have an end in sight. This is bigger than the Columbo wars, and has the feel of the Castellammarese Wars - a fight for control and power.

My question is what rackets are they fighting to control? Drugs, construction, extortion of legitimate business, unions? What are the big money makers in Montreal? My hunch is they are fighting over the biggest money makers. Who had it, and who wants it, are the primary conspirators. Follow the money, in this case the dirty blood money.

In any event, we all know that wars of this scale have decimated OC, and in the US, nearly wiped out LCN in several cities (Cleveland, St. Louis). Can OC / LCN / Calabrians in Montreal survive this and expect to prosper again? I suspect this could be their undoing, and they may not ever return to the power once held.

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/07/12 06:10 PM

+1 to you post TonyG. If they keep killing each other,they are working on their own destruction.
Posted By: Toodoped

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/07/12 06:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Strax
If they keep killing each other,they are working on their own destruction.

Thats the point...sad thing is theres always a replacement,its like a circle

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/07/12 06:56 PM

Well yes,older timers gone,new one comes.

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/07/12 07:04 PM

Thats right and not just new blood,other organizations could take over too,bikers,black street gangs or hispanics or even russian "businessmen"

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/07/12 07:17 PM

so how was this guy killed did he get sniped by the the black guy from homeland a mile away or they go run up on him point blank to the face. how come no one heard shots. how many times he get shot was there the eyeball finishing kill?

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/07/12 07:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Stu_Katz
Just who ordered DiMaulo’s death will soon be answered simply by seeing where his funeral will be held. The Rizzuto family owns a funeral home in Montreal, so if Vito had nothing to do with his death, expect DiMaulo’s wake to take place there.
If indeed his murder was Vito’s doing, expect the funeral to take place elsewhere.

I would think, moreso, if the funeral is not held at Rizzuto's place. It could also indicate that dimaulo comspired with desjardins and montagna, to overtake the rizzutos. I have my doubts that vito was able to send this message, this soon.
As some indicated, funerals have become a goldmine for the authorites and mob affecionados. Time will tell.
Posted By: Scorsese

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/07/12 07:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Toodoped
Thats right and not just new blood,other organizations could take over too,bikers,black street gangs or hispanics or even russian "businessmen"

One of the major recent drug busts involving a B.C Hells Angel and a member of the west end gang shows that their are already groups looking to fill the void as far as the drug trade is concerned. Montreal is gonna be a free for all.

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/07/12 08:01 PM

di maulo was killed to send a message to desjardins
even if he's not involved in this
Posted By: antimafia

Re: Funeral arrangements for Jos Di Maulo? - 11/08/12 12:14 AM

A few years ago, I once included the following image in a post over on the RealDeal forum:

I included the image in a recent RealDealpost, as the thread about Di Maulo turned in the direction of a discussion about where visitation for him will take place, whether Vito Rizzuto will attend the funeral, whether Di Maulo would be shown at the Rizzuto clan's Complexe Loreto funeral home, etc. What follows are snippets from my most recent RealDeal post:

I have a list of all the online obituaries published on the Complexe Loreto website going back to November 1, 2008. I have never seen in my list a decedent with the surname Di Maulo. What I have never done is to check the maiden names in the obituaries of female decedents in the list.

This business card for a Tony Di Maulo who was working at the Complexe Loreto came into my possession in October 2006. I have no idea whether this employee was related to Jos Di Maulo or is still working there. But this is one of those little niggling things that made it very difficult for me to eventually give more weight to the opinion that the recently murdered Di Maulo had turned on the Rizzutos somehow.

Another more recent discovery, which I shared by a PM with Laurentian, IrishJimmy, and eurodave164, is that in the Fall of 2010, Di Maulo's daughter Mylena was on the list of people invited, via Facebook, to the Cattolica Eraclea Annual Party at the Sheraton Laval. The Associazione Cattolica Eraclea group will be found at http://www.facebook.com/AssociazioneCattolicaEraclea, and the Facebook event was created on October 6, 2010 -- see http://www.facebook.com/events/119723874752201.

Unfortunately, Mylena never RSVPed, so I don't know whether she attended the November 20, 2010 event, which took place 10 days after Nick Rizzuto Sr. was murdered.

Re: Funeral arrangements for Jos Di Maulo? - 11/08/12 12:49 AM

Mylena has several DiMaulo's on her friends' list as well as a couple Cotroni's.
What this means, I have no idea. It's been a long week.

Re: Funeral arrangements for Jos Di Maulo? - 11/08/12 01:10 AM

Originally Posted By: carmela
Mylena has several DiMaulo's on her friends' list as well as a couple Cotroni's.

carmela:

The murdered Di Maulo had two daughters.

Mylena married Frank Cotroni Jr., the son of Frank Cotroni Sr. Frank Sr. was the brother of Vincenzo Cotroni, the long-reigning captain of the Bonanno Family's Montreal "crew," officially, up until his death in 1984.

Di Maulo has only recently been correctly identified in newspaper articles as having ancestry from Molise, having actually been born there. Luigi Greco, identified for decades in books and articles as Sicilian-born, being born in Sicily, etc., has shown up in some mobwatchers' research in the last few years as someone who was actually born in Canada to parents descending from Montorio nei Frentani in Campobasso, Molise. The surname Di Maulo is found among residents of Montorio nei Frentani.

A reliable source told me Di Maulo was born in Campobasso, but the source could not tell me whether Di Maulo was born in the comune or the provincia.

Since I've already gone off on several tangents, I just wanted to point out that Frank Cotroni Sr.'s visitation took place at the Rizzuto-owned funeral home in 2004 and that the visitation for Frank's murdered son, Paolo, also took place there in 1998.

The Calabrian faction -- both of these last two words should be in quotation marks -- had always consisted of numerous individuals whose ancestry came from regions of Italy other than Calabria and Sicily. When law enforcement, journalists, and authors use the term "Calabrian faction" today, as in the past, they mean members of the old Cotroni-Violi group, as Cotroni and Violi were Calabrian. However, I want to add that many law-enforcement officers, crime reporters, and organized-crime writers regularly misidentify members of the Montreal Mafia as having Calabrian ancestry without verifying this information.

After many years of research, I've come to the opinion there never was a purely Sicilian faction or a purely Calabrian faction in the Montreal Mafia -- especially if researchers are correct about Luigi Greco's place of birth and ancestry. The mafia war in Montreal in the 1970s was in essence between Nick Rizzuto Sr. and Paolo Violi. The first person Nick Sr. ordered killed in the war was Violi's Sicilian adviser Pietro Sciara, born in Siculiana but raised in the Rizzutos' hometown of Cattolica Eraclea.

Re: Funeral arrangements for Jos Di Maulo? - 11/08/12 02:17 AM

Originally Posted By: antimafia

carmela:

The murdered Di Maulo had two daughters.

Mylena married Frank Cotroni Jr., the son of Frank Cotroni Sr. Frank Sr. was the brother of Vincenzo Cotroni, the long-reigning captain of the Bonanno Family's Montreal "crew," officially, up until his death in 1984.

Di Maulo has only recently been correctly identified in newspaper articles as having ancestry from Molise, having actually been born there. Luigi Greco, identified for decades in books and articles as Sicilian-born, being born in Sicily, etc., has shown up in some mobwatchers' research in the last few years as someone who was actually born in Canada to parents descending from Montorio nei Frentani in Campobasso, Molise. The surname Di Maulo is found among residents of Montorio nei Frentani.

A reliable source told me Di Maulo was born in Campobasso, but the source could not tell me whether Di Maulo was born in the comune or the provincia.

Since I've already gone off on several tangents, I just wanted to point out that Frank Cotroni Sr.'s visitation took place at the Rizzuto-owned funeral home in 2004 and that the visitation for Frank's murdered son, Paolo, also took place there in 1998.

The Calabrian faction -- both of these last two words should be in quotation marks -- had always consisted of numerous individuals whose ancestry came from regions of Italy other than Calabria and Sicily. When law enforcement, journalists, and authors use the term "Calabrian faction" today, as in the past, they mean members of the old Cotroni-Violi group, as Cotroni and Violi were Calabrian. However, I want to add that many law-enforcement officers, crime reporters, and organized-crime writers regularly misidentify members of the Montreal Mafia as having Calabrian ancestry without verifying this information.

After many years of research, I've come to the opinion there never was a purely Sicilian faction or a purely Calabrian faction in the Montreal Mafia -- especially if researchers are correct about Luigi Greco's place of birth and ancestry. The mafia war in Montreal in the 1970s was in essence between Nick Rizzuto Sr. and Paolo Violi. The first person Nick Sr. ordered killed in the war was Violi's Sicilian adviser Pietro Sciara, born in Siculiana but raised in the Rizzutos' hometown of Cattolica Eraclea.

Well explained, thank you. Many want to believe in this bloodline-Calabrian vs Sicilian feud. This theory is the furthest from the truth and has been reinforced over the years by journalists who don’t know what they are writing about. Members of LCN are made, not born.

Re: Funeral arrangements for Jos Di Maulo? - 11/08/12 03:22 AM

Thanks for your reply, antimafia. I remember you posting about that on RD, about the funeral home/card, now that you mention it.

Other than that, I thought it was common knowledge that the Sicilian and Calabrian factions worked together in Montreal. Are people still debating/doubting that?
But, just because they worked together, never meant they fully trusted one another.
That's the relationship Calabrians and Sicilians have always maintained. The Sicilians view the Calabrians as their inferior cousins.

As far as those members of LCN being made not born, that's not always the case. When you talk about the Caruana's and Cun trera's, they were so huge because they were intermarried and not only made into one another's families, but born and married into each others families as well. They were strong b/c they were family, and not just FAMILY.
And in Italy, it is certainly true that mafia members are born as well as made, sometimes moreso. You're born into your family.

Re: Funeral arrangements for Jos Di Maulo? - 11/08/12 03:23 AM

A few years ago, I once included the following image in a post over on the RealDeal forum:

I included the image in a recent RealDealpost, as the thread about Di Maulo turned in the direction of a discussion about where visitation for him will take place, whether Vito Rizzuto will attend the funeral, whether Di Maulo would be shown at the Rizzuto clan's Complexe Loreto funeral home, etc. What follows are snippets from my most recent RealDeal post:

I have a list of all the online obituaries published on the Complexe Loreto website going back to November 1, 2008. I have never seen in my list a decedent with the surname Di Maulo. What I have never done is to check the maiden names in the obituaries of female decedents in the list.

This business card for a Tony Di Maulo who was working at the Complexe Loreto came into my possession in October 2006. I have no idea whether this employee was related to Jos Di Maulo or is still working there. But this is one of those little niggling things that made it very difficult for me to eventually give more weight to the opinion that the recently murdered Di Maulo had turned on the Rizzutos somehow.

Another more recent discovery, which I shared by a PM with Laurentian, IrishJimmy, and eurodave164, is that in the Fall of 2010, Di Maulo's daughter Mylena was on the list of people invited, via Facebook, to the Cattolica Eraclea Annual Party at the Sheraton Laval. The Associazione Cattolica Eraclea group will be found at http://www.facebook.com/AssociazioneCattolicaEraclea, and the Facebook event was created on October 6, 2010 -- see http://www.facebook.com/events/119723874752201.

Unfortunately, Mylena never RSVPed, so I don't know whether she attended the November 20, 2010 event, which took place 10 days after Nick Rizzuto Sr. was murdered.

that was soo, well put.
personally and i can swear, i had him pegged for Ciociaro, but the Molisana decent was thrown about too. very plausible.
also, i agree, that this calabrian v. sicilian feud, within that realm is not an issue to debate about anymore.
business is business.
that feud is soo made up these days. what is desjardin?? Japanese!! what is Joe "Bravo" Fernandes?? Jamaican!! if you can produce, then welcome to the inner circle.
business is business.

Re: Funeral arrangements for Jos Di Maulo? - 11/08/12 05:53 PM

The RealDeal poster Laurentian, who is very knowledgeable about Italian mafie and especially about the Montreal Mafia, did a decedent search for Di Maulo on the website for the Le repos Saint-François d'Assise. I've provided an image of what you or anyone else will find.

I am not sure whether Di Maulo's listing already means he has been interred, as the search on the cemetery's site allows you to locate a grave or crypt. However, I am inclined to believe Di Maulo's funeral service came and went.
Posted By: Imamobguy

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/08/12 08:28 PM

Look's FUN stuff!

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/08/12 08:43 PM

To me, some of this looks borderline creepy and nothing short of stalker-ish. I guess that's what journalists resort to though.

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/09/12 12:11 AM

To me, some of this looks borderline creepy and nothing short of stalker-ish. I guess that's what journalists resort to though.

Laurentian is not a journalist.

Although I'm not a journalist, I'm guilty as charged! :-b

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/09/12 12:12 AM

Yeah, that IS kinda creepy lol.

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/09/12 01:20 AM

Laurentian is not a journalist.

Journalist. Author. Whatever.

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/12/12 02:27 PM

Joe Di Maulo's funeral will be held in the Notre-Dame-du-Carmel Church, the same church that held Agostino Cun trera's funeral. The difference is that Cun tera's visitation took place at Loreto.

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/12/12 03:18 PM

So, does this mean Rizzuto was involved, or they think he was, since it's not being conducted at his place..??

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/13/12 03:28 AM

most likely, the Rizzutos found out, he was one of the defectors. therefore, bad blood, so.. no go on Loreto.

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/13/12 01:50 PM

http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/quebec...trois-jours.php

The remains of mobster Joe Di Maulo murdered outside his home last week, today is exposed from 14h in a funerary complex in eastern Montreal.

In the utmost discretion, relatives Di Maulo come to pay their last respects.

Di Maulo, 70, an influential member of the criminal Italian was hit by at least two bullets in the head outside his home in Blainville, Sunday, November 4.

Many experts believe that it may have paid with his life for his lack of loyalty to the Sicilian Rizzuto family in recent years. Mediator rather than a leader, he was reproached for not having chosen his camp have preferred navigate between factions, as it always has.

Giuseppe Di Maulo comes from the region of Molise, in southern Italy. His wife is the sister of Raynald Desjardins, very influential in the world of Italian organized crime. One of his daughters is married to the son of the late Frank Cotroni, former leader of the Calabrian clan that had dislodged Rizzuto to take control of Montreal.

Funeral of Mafia members are often organized by the Loreto funeral home in St. Léonard owned by the Rizzuto family. But entourage Di Maulo instead opted for the complex of Magnus Poirier 6825, rue Sherbrooke Est.

Fully enclosed underground garage to enter the lounge away from reporters, but also the police, who discreetly monitor the premises.

Special measures have been implemented in this funerary complex can accommodate seven funerals. The latter is held today Monday around noon, after which the whole complex was reserved Di Maulo until the funeral Wednesday at 11 am at Notre-Dame-du-Mont-Carmel, St. Leonardo.

Is at the request of the family, as a security measure or a coincidence?

"It's like this," said an employee of simply complex, smile.

And from 14h succeed luxury cars carrying members of the entourage of Joe Di Maulo. Some seem irritated by the presence of the media. Far we have not seen any figure known criminal backgrounds or artistic - Joe Di Maulo has long been a cabaret owner and maintained friendships with some celebrities of his time.

Many wreaths are delivered. Among others, one marked "Cotroni family" and another, "Anthony Di Maulo" (his nephew).

A man who says he very well known Joe Di Maulo in the past when he was a boxer, described as a friend of the stars, "a cyclist and golfer unparalleled," a "man in the middle of the hand." He refuses to talk about his commitment offense, saying that he was "in competition with others."

He says he heard, at the funeral, Joe Di Vito Rizzuto Maulo had met the day before the murder.

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/13/12 03:35 PM

"He says he heard, at the funeral, Joe Di Vito Rizzuto Maulo had met the day before the murder."

If true, wow!

If Di Maulo and Vito met the day before the murder....?
The services are not being held at the Rizzuto funeral home ....

A picture is emerging.

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/13/12 04:30 PM

This report comes from the Journal de Montreal that mentions "di Maulo was called to a meeting with Vito a couple of days before his murder."

Cotroni's have sent flowers/Rizzuto's have not. Very interesting indeed.

Although it may seem tempting, I wouldn't jump to any conclusions just yet.

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/13/12 04:45 PM

Payback has started...

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/13/12 05:49 PM

I think this murder could be a clear message from Rizzuto that no one will be given a pass, not even Di Maulo.
Posted By: Al_514

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/14/12 08:24 AM

panic

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/14/12 12:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Al_514

According to me this blog is BS .. Second hand news .. Then you guys make up your own stories.. ...  You all make me laugh especially you  Sonny Black & Carmela..   Be careful what you say 

.. It's not Yew York here ..  

According to me, you're second hand news. I don't post anything that is made up, so watch yourself. I know many of the Caruana's and Cun trera's and many are married into my husband's family in Sicily. I was there in July, 2010 (like I am nearly every year) right after Agostino was killed and I attended the small memorial service his family and friends in Agrigento had for him.

I don't go around digging into people's business, checking funeral homes and cemetery plots, I only post about what I know. So keep my name and any half-threats you have regarding me out of your mouth.
Posted By: Dwalin2011

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/14/12 01:11 PM

Rizzuto only did good

He's a Stand- Up man and well respected .. 

What about his drug trafficking? Or do you support the legalization of drugs?

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/14/12 02:19 PM

Interesting article -not sure what to make of it, other than he stands by Raynald Desjardins as his family, and that he was not afraid to walk the streets alone.

http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/dossie...41_article_POS3

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/14/12 02:29 PM

Very interesting article and interview:

Mylène Di Maulo, Joe Di Maulo's daughter who is married to Frank Cotroni Jr., was interviewed. Video and text, in French, is available here:

http://tvanouvelles.ca/lcn/infos/faitsdivers/archives/2012/11/20121106-102700.html

The article claims that Di Maulo, Desjardins, Vittorio Mirarchi, Salvatore Montagna and Domenico Arcuri formed an alliance to wrestle away control of the organization from the Rizzutos and that Di Maulo served as consigliere for this group.

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/14/12 02:36 PM

According to me this blog is BS .. Second hand news .. Then you guys make up your own stories.. ...  You all make me laugh especially you  Sonny Black & Carmela..   Be careful what you say 

.. It's not Yew York here ..  

^^^ No reason 4 this kind of behavior...

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/14/12 04:17 PM

I´m kinda surprised Canadian LE does not round up all of the guys involved with the Montreal Mafia for questioning or even better, hand out subpoenas. Why isn´t this done?
I mean, the war has been raging now for three years and not much has been done by the Canadian police in order to stop the shootings and the violence. Is LE up there totally in the dark of what´s going on?
Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/14/12 04:56 PM

Again, Di Maulo's death is fascinating in the context of Vito's return. I may have mentioned in another thread that if Vito wants to reclaim lost territory, this is going to make an interesting case study about how an old time mafiosi plans to take back what's his.

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/14/12 06:13 PM

[snip]

I don't go around digging into people's business, checking funeral homes and cemetery plots, I only post about what I know.

[snip]

Can you believe some posters actually go around checking funeral homes and cemetery plots? These are people with too much time on their hands. Just sayin'! :^)

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/14/12 06:32 PM

[snip]

I don't go around digging into people's business, checking funeral homes and cemetery plots, I only post about what I know.

[snip]

Can you believe some posters actually go around checking funeral homes and cemetery plots? These are people with too much time on their hands. Just sayin'! :^)

I love you antimafia. I've known you for how many years now, that I know you know where I'm coming from and how I am. wink

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/14/12 07:34 PM

Short story on DiMaulo´s funeral.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/Funeral+reputed+boss+Joseph+Maulo+Leonard/7546944/story.html

According to sources, only a few known mobsters attended. Only Cotroni family members showed up.

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/14/12 07:49 PM

Short story on DiMaulo´s funeral.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/Funeral+reputed+boss+Joseph+Maulo+Leonard/7546944/story.html

According to sources, only a few known mobsters attended. Only Cotroni family members showed up.

Not suprisingly as they had to show up due to the longstanding ties between both families.

You never hear anything about Frank Cotroni's sons, Nicodemo and Frank. I wonder what their role is, if any, in the ongoing power struggle.

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/14/12 11:04 PM

Originally Posted By: TonyG
Very interesting article and interview:

Mylène Di Maulo, Joe Di Maulo's daughter who is married to Frank Cotroni Jr., was interviewed. Video and text, in French, is available here:

http://tvanouvelles.ca/lcn/infos/faitsdivers/archives/2012/11/20121106-102700.html

The article claims that Di Maulo, Desjardins, Vittorio Mirarchi, Salvatore Montagna and Domenico Arcuri formed an alliance to wrestle away control of the organization from the Rizzutos and that Di Maulo served as consigliere for this group.

Also, I think, if i understand things, Gallo played a role too, before being deported to italy.

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/14/12 11:11 PM

I´m kinda surprised Canadian LE does not round up all of the guys involved with the Montreal Mafia for questioning or even better, hand out subpoenas. Why isn´t this done?
I mean, the war has been raging now for three years and not much has been done by the Canadian police in order to stop the shootings and the violence. Is LE up there totally in the dark of what´s going on?

funny you mention the Canadian LE. their mentality is, better they kill themselves off, just like gang murders. unless the public is in arms way, then they will make every effort to satisfy the public outcrys.
In the meantime, the LE is happy that they murder themselves off, no need to spend man hours to try and stop it, and why waste public monies to arrest these individuals and use up public funds to put them in jail.
Remember, unless the public is affected. case example; The California Sandwichs - Russo shooting in Toronto. The public were doing flips or another example; the Montreal Biker wars, which claimed innocent victims throughout that melee.
Posted By: ashta

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/18/12 02:36 PM

Newcomer to this board...but certainly not wet behind the years.

Here's a picture of the home the police cordoned off..
Posted By: Mark

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/18/12 02:40 PM

Welcome, ashta. Good to have you in the BB. Nice house pic.
Posted By: PKaros

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/18/12 04:43 PM

Add Mohamed Awada, 47, to the list

member of the lebanese mafia, killed by bullets in front of his house on saturday the 17th, nov.

He was part of the group that kidnapped Nino de Bartolomeis, a lieutenant of Francesco Arcadi who is a high ranked member of the Rizzuto family.

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/18/12 05:57 PM

Quote:
He was part of the group that kidnapped Nino de Bartolomeis

among the same group were andrew and salvatore scoppa and danny de gregorio
Posted By: Frank

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/18/12 09:08 PM

it would be interesting to know who is committing the murders. External paid killer (like some black) or the same made members?Maybe some italian-canadian wiseguys that nobody knows? Which member of rizzuto s clan was free and able to kill Di Maulo?
Would be useful to draw up a chart of Rizzutos

Re: Joe Di Maulo killed? - 11/18/12 09:56 PM

the most murders are done by made members
i think the lopresti, nick sr., renda, dimaulo are typical mafia murders
blacks don't do this kind of murders usually
the typical murder in front of your house wuth 2 bullets in the head is mafia, not gangs

anyway in montreal it seems the italian mafia has tons of manpower
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET