Home

Philly Guys Before They Were Mobsters

Posted By: 22

Philly Guys Before They Were Mobsters - 09/15/12 09:41 PM

Do any of you Philly guys know how these guys came up.What kind of legit jobs did they have,before they got involved?the reason I ask this is because I see that when Gabe Lucibello just took that deal they described him has an ex-ironworker.I remember reading that Ligambi ran a car wash on 2nd and Oregon for like 10 yrs.[Barrones?]I think Chang's father was an ex-ironworker.They always said Anthony Staino was a businessman.[what business did he run?]
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: Philly Guys Before They Were Mobsters - 09/16/12 12:59 AM

Originally Posted By: 22
Do any of you Philly guys know how these guys came up.What kind of legit jobs did they have,before they got involved?the reason I ask this is because I see that when Gabe Lucibello just took that deal they described him has an ex-ironworker.I remember reading that Ligambi ran a car wash on 2nd and Oregon for like 10 yrs.[Barrones?]I think Chang's father was an ex-ironworker.They always said Anthony Staino was a businessman.[what business did he run?]

Gateon Lucibello was an ironworker 30 years ago thats his most recent legit employment lol

Re: Philly Guys Before They Were Mobsters - 09/16/12 05:18 AM

Yeah I couldn't picture him[Lucibello] working a 9-5 job.
Posted By: PhillySteve

Re: Philly Guys Before They Were Mobsters - 09/17/12 11:48 PM

I didn't know Joe L ran the car wash on 2nd and Oregon. That was actually the very first place I tried to get job at. I was in 8th grade in 1991 when I tried to get a job there. When was Uncle Joe running it? Anyway I didn't get the job but that car wash is great. I still go there like every 7 to 8 weeks or so
Posted By: southphilly old head

Re: Philly Guys Before They Were Mobsters - 09/17/12 11:57 PM

Staino was a bartender in the south jersey area. I dont know if he had any other job

Re: Philly Guys Before They Were Mobsters - 09/18/12 06:30 PM

Philly Steve I believe he ran it from 68 to 78.He also tended bar and thats how Chucky Merlino introduced him to Scarfo.It might have been the old Rickshaw Inn in Cherry Hill.He was supposetley a great football handicapper and Scarfo wanted to know if he was so good why is he tending bar.I believe one of Uncle Joe's first arrest was for illegal untaxed cigarettes.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET