Home

Philly and Uncle Joe

Posted By: merlino

Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/10/12 11:12 AM

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20120910_Taped_mobster_meeting_sheds_light_on_insiders.html
Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/10/12 04:00 PM

Love Anastasia..!

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/10/12 04:27 PM

Article seems to lead that Ligambi may be done
Posted By: Ted

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/10/12 04:33 PM

Interesting stuff. Thanks. Nothing revealed on that transcript about actual crimes, though. Gotta hear/read the other tapes.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/10/12 06:26 PM

sounds like there gonna bury him its a wrap for joe. the jury will find him guilty of 3 or 4 rico acts the judge will take in to consideration what all the rats said about him killing frankie flowers.plus these tapes it will be 15 or more yrs. wonder if phill leonetti's on board or the crow. gambino's kind of look bad that there guy taped phillys acting boss and new england boss but dunuzio has 2 counts and will get 5yrs for the strip club stuff. thats messed up joking the guy sells cakes out his car, he making more money then them now.there is some slick talk about merlino in there, thats thinking.
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/10/12 10:40 PM

Uncle Joe is a legitimate businessman...(Tony says to Meadow about Junior)
Posted By: 123JoeSchmo

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/10/12 11:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don

lol Hey Dap, what's your take on how this trial is going to end?

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/10/12 11:46 PM

Philly kind of seems to mimic the sopranos had it played out and not ended

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/10/12 11:46 PM

The guys who dont cop a plea will be found guilty at trial. I think Ligambi will get between 7 to 10 years.

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/10/12 11:49 PM

Doesn't seem like their offering any more guys plea deals, especially not Uncle Joe. What about guys like Massimino who've spent over half their adult lives in jail, but then you got Staino who's never been convicted of a crime?

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/10/12 11:52 PM

Originally Posted By: 123JoeSchmo
Doesn't seem like their offering any more guys plea deals, especially not Uncle Joe. What about guys like Massimino who've spent over half their adult lives in jail, but then you got Staino who's never been convicted of a crime?

Since Staino doesnt have a criminal record BUT was the one caught on tape boasting about "chopping him up" he prob at most will get 5 years. Mousie is looking at a bunch of time, I think he is a two time convicted felon so he could be looking at the rest of his days in jail.

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/10/12 11:54 PM

Merlino is down in Florida living it up while letting Mazzone and Johnny Chang deal with all the bullshit out on the street in Philly. But he knows he's a marked man.

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/10/12 11:55 PM

I agree with you on Massimino, that guys a tool. He can't stay out of the slammer for more than a year after he gets released. Will Staino serve all five years or get released early?

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/10/12 11:57 PM

I agree with you on Massimino, that guys a tool. He can't stay out of the slammer for more than a year after he gets released. Will Staino serve all five years or get released early?

Who knows, this is all just speculation. For all we know, these guys will cop pleas the week before the trial. I hope they dont cause I want to read whats revealed about Ligambi and crew during the trial.

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/11/12 12:01 AM

They don't seem as nasty as Scarfo or even Joey and his crew.

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/11/12 12:11 AM

They don't seem as nasty as Scarfo or even Joey and his crew.

Seemed like they were doing bookmaking and got caught on a wire intended for some other people talking about being in the mob and some various crimes that have been committed over the years....Joey will lay low when this much heat is on

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/11/12 12:16 AM

[/quote]
Seemed like they were doing bookmaking and got caught on a wire intended for some other people talking about being in the mob and some various crimes that have been committed over the years....Joey will lay low when this much heat is on[/quote]
He better if he wants to stay on the street. Hopefully he grew wiser while in jail[quote=merlino][quote=123JoeSchmo]They don't seem as nasty as Scarfo or even Joey and his crew.
Posted By: Chucky

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/11/12 05:05 PM

I agree with you on Massimino, that guys a tool.

A tool? What are you fuckin kidding? Hes one tough son of a bitch, 25+ of his life in the joint, the guy has tons of dough on the street. Joe mouse doesn't give a fuck about jail, if he did he wouldn't be so out in the open he knows the game better than anybody out there,. Come to lou's crab joint and say mouse is a tool, I'm sure you will be well received... rolleyes

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/11/12 06:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Chucky

A tool? What are you fuckin kidding? Hes one tough son of a bitch, 25+ of his life in the joint, the guy has tons of dough on the street. Joe mouse doesn't give a fuck about jail, if he did he wouldn't be so out in the open he knows the game better than anybody out there,. Come to lou's crab joint and say mouse is a tool, I'm sure you will be well received... rolleyes

100% correct and he is getting jammed up on some BS and the RICO charge......he roughed up a couple degenerates...they should have paid
Posted By: Mukremin

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/11/12 08:44 PM

Interesting article, i wonder when we will have more insight on those kind of meetings. It is interesting to see the Philly guys were meeting with the Gambinos.

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/11/12 11:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Chucky

Listen I don't give a fuck how tough this guy is, he has no connection to me or in my daily life. My point was that in today's Mafia world, you can't go strutting around acting like a badass SOB anywhere without the Feds noticing. If you wanna keep out of jail, something this guy can't do to save his life, you lay low out of the spotlight and most importantly don't do anything stupid or rash.
Joseph Massimino, however "tough" he may be, has been arested 34 times for all sorts of various charges. He hurts the Philly Crime Family more than he helps. A moron who can't even shake a little pissant down without getting thrown in jail.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/12/12 03:43 PM

What's the "start date" for this trial?
Posted By: southphilly old head

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/12/12 11:22 PM

october 9th starts jury selection

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/12/12 11:29 PM

By the way chucky lous crab house was closed and sold even before he got out of jail in 2007 from his last incarceration. ita a grocery store now
Posted By: cheech

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/12/12 11:32 PM

wish we could get the transcripts of Nicky Skins wire in that restaraunt

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/12/12 11:34 PM

they must be public record cause it seems anastasia had them
Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/12/12 11:43 PM

http://articles.philly.com/2012-05-04/news/31556726_1_racketeering-case-merlino-transcript/3

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/12/12 11:47 PM

thanks Nick

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/13/12 12:41 AM

much appreciated nickyeyes
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/13/12 05:55 AM

Reading that Skins says "We had another guy too?" in-regards to the making ceremony but didn't push the question..wonder who that was..

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/13/12 11:59 AM

the article Nicky produced only has some of the tpes, is their smewhere we can get the full transcripts? maye on scribd or something? does anyone know?
Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/13/12 01:21 PM

Thanks Nicky... very interesting... Does anyone know if there's a site that stores all transcripts like this? Probably not but that would be a boon for us interested folk.

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/14/12 10:52 PM

The big guy Lucibello got 51 months today

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/14/12 11:09 PM

Mob figure Lucibello gets 51 months for racketeering

Post a comment

LATEST BREAKING NEWS

Mob figure Lucibello gets 51 months for racketeering - 6:52pm

More Breaking News »

An admitted Philadelphia mobster was sentenced Friday to 51 months in federal prison for his part in a racketeering conspiracy, prosecutors said.

U.S. District Judge Eduardo C. Robreno also ordered that Gaeton Lucibello, 59, serve three years of supervised release and pay a $7,500 fine. Lucibello pleaded guilty last month to racketeering involving extortion and illegal gambling.

Lucibello, a former ironworker, was one of 14 reputed Philadelphia mobsters charged with crimes including loan sharking, witness tampering, extortion, illegal gambling, and theft from an employee benefit plan. Two codefendants, Martin Angelina and Louis Barretta, have also pleaded guilty.
Posted By: 22

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/14/12 11:23 PM

I noticed nobody mentioned Borgesi.He's got to get 10 so basically you might as well say his 1st trial he got 20-24 instead of 14.This trial probably won't have the ''hoopla'' the last one did,gone are Joey Merlino,Chang,Mazzone,Angelina,and Lutz.The ''newcomers'' Uncle Joe,Staino,Mousie,Damion, don't have that flair like the others.Round 2,the lunch crowd at Pagano's,whose wearing what,the drama goes on.When its all said and done I doubt its going to be racketeering lite like some of the defense lawyers said.
Posted By: Antonio

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/16/12 04:49 PM

Yo guys, just wondering since these guys tend to be more or less involved in street crime and maybe a few no show jobs on the side, however is Gambling and Loan sharking a serious money maker? I mean do the Philly mob deal in drugs because I heard the under boss Massimino ran a drug ring or something with some bikers. Also yeah, are they making a lot of dough? Is Ligambi a million air would you say like most top bosses?

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/16/12 06:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Antonio
Yo guys, just wondering since these guys tend to be more or less involved in street crime and maybe a few no show jobs on the side, however is Gambling and Loan sharking a serious money maker? I mean do the Philly mob deal in drugs because I heard the under boss Massimino ran a drug ring or something with some bikers. Also yeah, are they making a lot of dough? IsLigambi a million air would you say like most top bosses?

Yes those 2 things have always been some of the biggest money makers for the mob. Philly also does a lot of video poker machines

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/16/12 06:32 PM

And yes he is most likely a millionaire
Posted By: Boardwalkguy

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/16/12 09:43 PM

A million is not much today ! Most people making 60 thousand a year can retire as a millionaire !
Posted By: tjonezee

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/17/12 01:14 AM

I don't think Massimino will flip, but Canalichio is looking at a long sentence. Still a young guy. His prior drug offense is probably going to make him think about flipping. This trial to be is way to quiet right now. Gotta be something more up the feds sleeves.
Posted By: Southphilly13

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/17/12 04:33 PM

You guys make yourselves sound dumber and dumber everyday... Again I REPEAT DAMION IS NOT FLIPPING!!!!! You guys have no idea what's going on. All you do is listen to GA feeding you a bunch of bullshit!! I can't wait to see Ed Jacobs destroy this case.

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/17/12 11:52 PM

Marty Angelina got 57 months today the judge citing his violations while on supervised release

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/18/12 12:09 AM

http://www.fivefamiliesnyc.com/2012/09/troubled-philly-mobster-gets-5-years.html

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/18/12 02:35 AM

so far not to big of sentences
Posted By: DomCheech

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/19/12 12:12 AM

i was locked up with chrissy massimino, joe mouse's brother, in SCI camp hill in december 2009. Chrissy mass is a total junkie and a rat, he ratted on my friend Joe the Barber for shootin him in the head and the kid lived!! Joe the barber got 75 freakin years, he is at SCI Rockview wit my friend Anthony Gonz who is a stand up guy. Joe Mouse is nothin like his brother and is a solid guy and he would NEVER flip! Same goes for the rest of the fellas, its a shame ol georgie boy put faith in that rat Bent Finger...but the point of my post is to let ya know that mousie would NEVER flip!

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/19/12 12:49 AM

Uncle Joe is looking at 10-12 years if found guilty at trial. Enjoy these two new Philly mob videos.

http://www.fivefamiliesnyc.com/2012/09/power-vacuum-in-philadelphia-crime.html

http://www.fivefamiliesnyc.com/2012/09/major-philadelphia-mafia-trial-set-to.html

I added a new poll on my site about Joe Ligambi and whether you think he will be found guilty, vote and check out the results.

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/19/12 03:12 AM

Power vacuum? Isn't it widely accepted that Merlino is top dog?

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/19/12 04:38 AM

Agreed with Ted. Merlino is running the show with Mazzone and Ciangili running the streets. Hes just chillen in florida enjoying a nice fat envelope every week. Once his parole restrictions expire he'll be back in Philly. Does anyone know when they expire btw?

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/19/12 06:58 AM

if tommy shots can beat a cop killing when the shooter is on stand anything goes. i give merino and friends beat a shitloard of murders years ago, looking at life sentences there gangsters/ martry agelina is cookd just beat up chicks or get beat up spit on cops maybe uderboss in philly. this guys the real deal

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/19/12 08:21 AM

Originally Posted By: pmac
if tommy shots can beat a cop killing when the shooter is on stand anything goes. i give merino and friends beat a shitloard of murders years ago, looking at life sentences there gangsters/ martry agelina is cookd just beat up chicks or get beat up spit on cops maybe uderboss in philly. this guys the real deal

Tommy Shots was still found guilty of violating the RICO Act. Murders are just hard to prove when all you did was order it. Just look at guys like Anthony Antico, Emilio Fusco or Michael Coppola. All convicted of racketeering, all acquitted of murder. Though given the circumstances, Tommy Shots acquittal was truly amazing.

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/19/12 11:25 PM

Tommy Shots and Little Dino were acquitted but were still found guilty of RICO, specifically convicted of murder conspiracies related to the killings. Only reason they got off is cause the guys on the stand were much worse than the guys on the defense table

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/20/12 05:09 AM

Originally Posted By: southphilly old head
The big guy Lucibello got 51 months today

I'm going to send him a Christmas Card

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/20/12 05:13 AM

Uncle Joe is looking at 10-12 years if found guilty at trial. Enjoy these two new Philly mob videos.

http://www.fivefamiliesnyc.com/2012/09/major-philadelphia-mafia-trial-set-to.html

I added a new poll on my site about Joe Ligambi and whether you think he will be found guilty, vote and check out the results.

No Offense Dapper I like your the polls on the blog. But he is going to be found guilty...I mean we've all said that on here, there is no way hes just going to walk away from this. Start a pool of how many months he'll get

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/20/12 10:12 AM

guess we will see a new book from G.Anastasia about the last 10 years of the Philly Mob...
Posted By: Dwalin2011

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/20/12 10:35 AM

Tommy Shots and Little Dino were acquitted but were still found guilty of RICO, specifically convicted of murder conspiracies related to the killings.

But what's the difference between being convicted of ordering a murder and being convicted of conspiracy to commit the same murder? Why are there different punishments from the legal point of view?
Posted By: short841

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/20/12 11:07 AM

Originally Posted By: Mukremin
guess we will see a new book from G.Anastasia about the last 10 years of the Philly Mob...

Hopefully, but would be a very small book.

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/20/12 11:50 AM

Originally Posted By: short841
Originally Posted By: Mukremin

Hopefully, but would be a very small book.

if its done after the sentencing etc, we will see a lot of new stuff including transcripts. And maybe many other surveillance pictures.

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/20/12 01:56 PM

Im sure they could add some stuff as you stated from transcripts regarding Scarfo and his son and any communications they may have had regarding Ligambi, etc and Philly and N Jersey

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/20/12 02:03 PM

ahh yeh I suppose. Maybe it would include background info on ligambi. Would be good to hear about modern day philly mob after the mayhem which Merlino Natale created.

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/20/12 02:35 PM

all those things would remain in the dark, if it wasnt for the cooperating witnesses in this case. Cant wait to find out whats gonna happen...

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/20/12 02:50 PM

Yeh cant wait and follow the trial.

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/20/12 03:21 PM

This case is gona be the dullest compared to the previous mob cases in Philly,but the time is gona be strong for the crimes comitted. Lets face it what is gona be the sacrafice at this trial. Like in the Merlino trial it was the violence and they still got 7 to 14 year amounts with i think Marty getting the least. I think they may have a shot with rico but the other charges they will probably get nailed on. You dont have 14000 tapes and theres nothing in them. Some articles and if i can find them i will post them were saying that its like a bunch of small gangs doing small crimes with no immediate connection. The prosecutor has to connect them somehow

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/20/12 03:27 PM

Also the rico charge is a 19 on the guidelines chart and with each gambling charge they add 1 point. A gambling charge without the rico is a 12, and each point after that for each charge. so they are still gona get nailed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Federal_Sentencing_Guidelines

United States Federal Sentencing Guidelines - Wikipedia, the free ...

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/20/12 03:56 PM

If anyone wants to go I know their families are selling off their seats prices are subject to change while attending the event. No Refunds.

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/20/12 11:22 PM

Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

No Offense Dapper I like your the polls on the blog. But he is going to be found guilty...I mean we've all said that on here, there is no way hes just going to walk away from this. Start a pool of how many months he'll get

i agree they will be found guilty, but some people (a few on this site) expressed in the past that they thought they were going to beat the case

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/20/12 11:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011
Tommy Shots and Little Dino were acquitted but were still found guilty of RICO, specifically convicted of murder conspiracies related to the killings.

But what's the difference between being convicted of ordering a murder and being convicted of conspiracy to commit the same murder? Why are there different punishments from the legal point of view?

Conspiracy is largely just the planning/logistics of the murder, the actual murder charge is being convicted of taking part in it. If you are convicted of the latter, the penalty will be much stiffer.

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/20/12 11:24 PM

Also the rico charge is a 19 on the guidelines chart and with each gambling charge they add 1 point. A gambling charge without the rico is a 12, and each point after that for each charge. so they are still gona get nailed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Federal_Sentencing_Guidelines

United States Federal Sentencing Guidelines - Wikipedia, the free ...

Southphilly, are people down in south philly still thinking they are going to beat the charges?

it is not looking too good for them at this point

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/21/12 12:20 AM

They won't beat these charges. But other than Uncle Joe I can't see the sentences being all that heavy. I mean Lucibello and Angelina each got about 4 years. I can't see Staino or the others getting more. I'm not sure about Borgesi, he could get a lot of time with Bent Finger Lou testifying. Also I could see Massimino getting put away for a long time. But this could've been worse for the Philly Family.

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/21/12 03:11 AM

I was in a bar today and Barreta got his sentence date moved up to october 1st And yes dapper they all think they are gona beat most of the charges if not all of them, for gaeton and Marty it became a numbers game (no pun intended) but because by the time trial would have been over in january sometime they would of had 20 months in that they could never get back.So in essence a guy like Marty got 57 take away 20 he has with good time like 2 years left but if convicted he would of got enhanced up to 9 years and had been out in like 6 years left after good time, so why risk the 4 extra years
Posted By: DomCheech

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/21/12 06:33 PM

Gaeton got 51 months and Marty got 57 months, they both been in the can since May 2011 meaning they got 28 months in...in the fed u do 85% of your time which means Gaeton will do 43 months and Marty will do 48 months. Gateon will be home in 15 months and Marty will be home in 20 months...Southphilly Old Head i agree wit ya about 'why risk the extra four years'. In prison terms those sentences are nothin, i know guys that did more time in the freakin HOLE (RHU)than those sentences!! As for the rest of the fellas and if they will beat the charges, it remains to be seen...Also I found an interesting article online, its old(2009) and its long but its worth the read espesically if ur from downtown..its about this average joe who goes around south philly trying to find wiseguys and he ends up interviewing Uncle Joe!!
http://www.phillymag.com/articles/what-ever-happened-to-the-south-philly-mob/

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/21/12 11:21 PM

and truthfully from what i remember of the man at least in the open, thats who he was

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/22/12 12:37 PM

good article, thanks Dom
Posted By: Wilson101

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/22/12 07:58 PM

First of all DomCheech they have been down since late may 2011 which was not 28 months ago, they have actually been down for about 16 months.

SouthPhilly old head what is Barretta's nickname if you know him? He does not go by Barretta or even his first name so just curious if your legit, nothing personal please do not be offended.

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/22/12 08:03 PM

123joeshmoe man you talk pretty ballsy

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/22/12 08:06 PM

I talk only speculation from what I hear and read about this trial. I didn't think anything I said was that "ballsy" so to speak. Merely a guess based on what's happened so far
Posted By: Camarel

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/22/12 08:21 PM

Originally Posted By: VegasMikey

As far as i can read Joes talk is logical assumptions which actually makes alot of sense without proclaiming that anything he said is fact.

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/22/12 08:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Camarel

As far as i can read Joes talk is logical assumptions which actually makes alot of sense without proclaiming that anything he said is fact.

Thank you Camarel. Much appreciated

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/22/12 08:35 PM

Thank you Camarel. Much appreciated

NP all i can say is for his 2nd comment that was pretty ballsy whatever that means

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/22/12 08:37 PM

His talk about mousie was not logical assumptions, you do not know how he acts and what he does and what the circumstances were in all of his cases. you also say he was endangering the mob by being unable to shake down some pissant. All of your very strong opinions you shared just seem to be based on what you may be inferring or imagining and not facts.No offense either way just saying maybe don't be so strongly opinionated on things you lack knowledge of.

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/22/12 08:38 PM

Ballsy means "gutsy" or "talking big" so to speak. But I wasn't sure what he was getting at really.

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/22/12 08:41 PM

Ballsy means "gutsy" or "talking big" so to speak. But I wasn't sure what he was getting at really.

I knew what he was saying i was trying to say i don't know why you're being ballsy.

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/22/12 08:41 PM

Your strong opinions on mousie and your stern conviction on who wont beat the charges would be what I was referring to.

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/22/12 08:42 PM

His talk about mousie was not logical assumptions, you do not know how he acts and what he does and what the circumstances were in all of his cases. you also say he was endangering the mob by being unable to shake down some pissant. All of your very strong opinions you shared just seem to be based on what you may be inferring or imagining and not facts.No offense either way just saying maybe don't be so strongly opinionated on things you lack knowledge of.

Hey man we try to get along on these boards, not criticize. Massimino has spent half of his adult life in jail and with these new charges there is reason to believe he will get a lengthy sentence. I admit I don't know as much as others on this board. But I ask questions and try to put my input in best I can based on what I know.

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/22/12 08:45 PM

Not trying to break balls just saying. Anyway besides that there really is not much of a "Philly Family". You got 2 guys left on the street pretty much by default who are supposedly running things. What do they run? A few bookies and a couple hundred grand on the street at best. Im not gonna name names but the one guy runs a newsstand and aint doing much and the other ones family left him and he drives a 98 pathfinder. Might be time to give up the dream

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/22/12 08:47 PM

Please enlighten us?

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/22/12 08:48 PM

You talking about Mazzone and the other one?

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/22/12 08:48 PM

Hey man we try to get along on these boards, not criticize. Massimino has spent half of his adult life in jail and with these new charges there is reason to believe he will get a lengthy sentence. I admit I don't know as much as others on this board. But I ask questions and try to put my input in best I can based on what I know.

Ok no problem sorry buddy, just kinda caught me off guard with the whole rippin into mousie as soon as i opened up this thread. trust me his is not just some goon and hes really a pretty laid back guy. obviously im sure you know you wouldnt want to say all that stuff to him directly but no worries sorry if i offended you.

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/22/12 08:50 PM

Not trying to break balls just saying. Anyway besides that there really is not much of a "Philly Family". You got 2 guys left on the street pretty much by default who are supposedly running things. What do they run? A few bookies and a couple hundred grand on the street at best. Im not gonna name names but the one guy runs a newsstand and aint doing much and the other ones family left him and he drives a 98 pathfinder. Might be time to give up the dream

I thought so i'm not gonna name names tactic has been used before to your surprise panic

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/22/12 08:50 PM

I don't wanna name names of people who are free and not under indictment, but it's real obvious. All im saying is honestly they are not doing shit. You got random Albanians you could bump into playing 2/5 at caesars in AC with more money out on the streets then these guys just saying.

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/22/12 08:53 PM

I thought so i'm not gonna name names tactic has been used before to your surprise panic

no worries bro i don't need to post I will go back to lurking like I have in the past few years.I just happened upon this thread and hadn't checked the board in awhile and this caught my eye because one of them used to take a lot of my action.Have a nice weekend guys sorry if I ruffled any feathers.

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/22/12 08:55 PM

Why not? We name them all the time here. Steve Mazzone is acting boss along with John Ciangalini. Mikey Lance is still free.

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/22/12 08:56 PM

I don't wanna name names of people who are free and not under indictment, but it's real obvious. All im saying is honestly they are not doing shit. You got random Albanians you could bump into playing 2/5 at caesars in AC with more money out on the streets then these guys just saying.

My apoligies i genuinely thought you were a troll at first i hope you continue to contribute here smile

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/22/12 09:01 PM

the guy who owns the newsstand (which is now closed I believe) is Johnny Chang and Mazzone was driving around in a BMW according to Anastasia...

Veasey went to South Philly and confronted Chang at his newsstand

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/22/12 09:09 PM

Don't believe everything George Anastasia says because he is like half the members on here who don't wanna give up the dream. Stevie's been having some rough times w/ the family and financially from what ive heard (just hearsay). Veasey is a joke and allways has been, most of his stories are lies and gross exaggerations and that is a FACT. I dunno how much stock id put into the newstand story. I will say Mikey Chang is a great guy he does have the newstand and his wife runs it most of the time. I bought a pack of cigarettes there last week I CAN CONFIRM THAT lol.

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/22/12 09:16 PM

I dont think Veasey was lying about the newsstand thing, the guy is a wacko. But anyways.

Anastasia sees/takes videos of these guys in south philly all the time, plus all the underworld sources and fbi contacts he has in the area, like most logical people i dont believe everything that is said but i do give him the benefit of the doubt. He has earned it.

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/22/12 09:25 PM

I dont think Veasey was lying about the newsstand thing, the guy is a wacko. But anyways.

Anastasia sees/takes videos of these guys in south philly all the time, plus all the underworld sources and fbi contacts he has in the area, like msot people i dont believe everything that is said but i do give him the benefit of the doubt. He has earned it.

With all your logic and sources you must be crazy because the internet has disagreed with you. Seriously my underworld int contacts are spot on without having to source them.

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/22/12 09:28 PM

^^^fair enough lol

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/22/12 09:33 PM

^^^fair enough lol

I was referring to VegasMikey btw smile

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/22/12 09:34 PM

^^^fair enough lol

Did you see when they caught Whitey Bulger, he had one of anastashias books, I think it was the last gangster..lol

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/22/12 09:40 PM

^^^fair enough lol

I was referring to VegasMikey btw smile

i know haha

Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti
^^^fair enough lol

Did you see when they caught Whitey Bulger, he had one of anastashias books, I think it was the last gangster..lol

yep, he had a number of crime books in his apt
Posted By: tjonezee

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/23/12 12:32 AM

Hmmm, I've heard from a few people that Johnny Chang closed the newstand by Chickies months ago if not a year ago. And laid back guy or not, Massimino's gonna do at least ten years of a probable 12-14 year sentence. I don't get some of the optimism for these guys. Murders are hard to prove, but thats not what this case is about. They have these guys dead to rights on the boring stuff, but it will still hand out some lenghty sentences. And yeah, it's going to be a boring trial, but the transcripts and wire talk will definately stir some things up and make guys nervous...i.e. licata and ligambi shit talking the brokester up in North Jersey.

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/23/12 01:08 AM

"Ciancaglini, 55, works at a news kiosk in the parking lot outside Chickie’s & Pete’s restaurant on Packer Avenue. He appears to be doing well. He drives an Infiniti SUV and can be found most mornings talking with customers who stop by the stand, including several mob members and associates. His wife, Kathy, who owns the kiosk, is often seen tooling around town in a Mercedes.

They live in a $350,000 townhouse not far from the newsstand.

Mazzone, 48, reportedly Merlino’s choice to run the organization, worked for a time at a fitness center in South Philadelphia, but it is unclear how he currently earns a living.

Like Ciancaglini, he appears to be doing well. He drives a Nissan Pathfinder, is always impeccably dressed, and gives the impression that he doesn’t have a care in the world."

http://articles.philly.com/2011-05-29/ne...ources-mob-boss

I stand corrected it was a nissan pathfinder for mazzone, i think the bmw was for merlino down in florida

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/23/12 01:46 AM

Not trying to break balls just saying. Anyway besides that there really is not much of a "Philly Family". You got 2 guys left on the street pretty much by default who are supposedly running things. What do they run? A few bookies and a couple hundred grand on the street at best. Im not gonna name names but the one guy runs a newsstand and aint doing much and the other ones family left him and he drives a 98 pathf.
nder. Might be time to give up the dream

Way more than 2 guys on the street

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/23/12 02:46 AM

I think most if not all these guys are broke ! I don't know of any of them owning restaurants,bars,night clubs,catering halls,vending companies ,pizza shops etc . Also I don't believe they have any unions or major construction and concrete companies ! If we go back to 1980 when Bruno was in charge didn't most LCN members have legit business ? Didn't they own auto dealerships and salvage yards ? What about rubbish removal and demolition companies ? I don't know of any of the current Phila crew having this . I welcome everyone's comments ? I think it is safe to say that most of the real mobsters put their children through college or set them up in legit business !

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/23/12 02:49 AM

mazzone and chang just got out of jail and off parole not too long ago not every mob guy is going to have an array of diversified investments once they leave the can. Ligambi did have a no show job, joker poker company, etc.

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/23/12 03:13 AM

This is an old Philly listing of members from 2011 a poster on rd made.

Philadelphia Family Legend:
IP - In Prison UI - Under Indictment L - Life Imprisonment

Administration:
1.Boss: Joseph “Uncle Joe” Ligambi/71
2. UnderBoss: Joseph C "Mousie" Massimino/61
3.Consigliere: George Borgesi/47 (IP/7/03/2012)
Acting Consigliere: Gaeton Lucibello/57 - South Philly and Delaware County

Capos:
1. Joseph "Scoops" Licata/68 - North Jersey
2. Michael ""Mikey Lance"" Lancelotti/48 - South Philly and AC
3. Gaeton Lucibello/57 - South Philly and Delaware County
4. Anthony “Tony S/Ants” Staino/55 - South Jersey

Soldiers:
Ralph "Ralphie Head" Abbruzzi/61
Anthony "Tony Cujino" Accardo/49
Martin "Marty" Angelina/48 (UI)
Michael “Mikey” Angelina/41
Anthony Borgesi/41
Gennaro "Joseph Costello" Boccia/57
Joseph “Bongs” Bongiovanni/61
Stephen "Stevie Gongs" Casasanto/37 (UI) (Might not be made yet)
John "Johnny Chang" Ciancaglini/52
Martin "Marty Crutch" Curro/55
Louis "Big Lou" Fazzini/41 - New Jersey
Frank Gambino/77
Vincent "Vince" Iannece/43
Albert “Ally Lance/Cousin Al” Lancelotti/43
Philip “Philly” Ligambi/61
Salvatore "Sonny" Mazzone/38
Steven "Handsome Steve" Mazzone/47 (On Parole)
Frank “Windows” Narducci Jr/55 (On Parole)
Anthony “Tony Nics” Nicodemo/37
Nicholas A “Nicky O” Olivieri/63 - North Jersey
Joseph "Joey Pung" Pungitore/53
Shawn D Vetere/42

Inactive Members:
Vincent "Beepsie" Centorino/79 - North Jersey (Might be active)
Joseph "Joey Chang" Ciancaglini Jr/52 (Shelved/Crippled by attempted hit in 1993)
Guerino "Gino" Marconi/79
Nicholas "Nicky Whip" Milano/48 (Shelved)
Anthony "Martino/Blonde Babe" Pungitore Sr/87
Anthony "Tony Pung" Pungitore Jr/54
Dominic Rugnetta/86
Antonio “Nino” Sciglitano/80
Ralph "Junior" Staino/77
Joseph “Joey” Stanfa/41 (Shelved)
Luigi “Gino” Tripodi/70 (Shelved/ Fled to Italy)

Imprisoned Members:
George "Freckles" Borgesi/47 (IP/7/03/2012)
Damion “Dame” Canalichio/41 (IP/12/18/2011)
Joseph “Chickie” Ciancaglini Sr/76 (5/04/2015)
Vincent F "Big Vince" Filipelli/58 (IP/8/9/2011)
Joseph Grande/50 (IP/3/05/2011)
Francis "Faffy" Iannarella Jr/63 (IP/7/8/2016)
Charles "Charlie White" Iannece/76 (IP/5/03/2011)
Frank Martines/57 (IP/L)
Joseph "Skinny Joey" Merlino/48 (IP/9/7/2011) (Going to half-way house in Boca Raton, Fl)
Salvatore "Chucky" Merlino/71 (IP/8/03/2016)
Phillip Narducci/48 (IP/5/20/2012)
Salvatore "Tory" Scafidi/49 (IP/3/5/2011)
Nicodemo "Little Nicky" Scarfo Sr/81 (IP/1/05/2033)
Salvatore “Shotsie” Sparacio/89 (IP/5/04/2020)
John Stanfa/70 (IP/L)

Members Who Have Died Since 1998:
Joseph “Joe Crutch” Curro (2004)
Dominick "Tommy Adams" DiNorscio (1999)
Raymond Esposito (1999)
Anthony “Tony Meats” Ferrante (2001)
Gerardo “Jerry” Fusella (2007)
Santo “Big Santo” Idone (2005)
Alphonse "Funzie" Marconi (2006)
Raymond "Long John" Martarano (2002) (Killed)
Ralph “Blackie” Napoli (2003)
Anthony “Tony Buck” Piccolo (2004)
Harry “The Hunchback” Riccobene (2000)
Santo Romeo (1999)
Ronald Turchi Sr (1999) (Killed)
Michael "Mikey Pen Knife" Virgilio (2007)

Members Who Have Flipped:
Biagio Adornetto/Soldier
Sergio Battaglia/Soldier
Rosario Bellochi/Soldier
Peter "The Crumb" Caprio/Capo
Nicholas "Nicky the Crow" Caramandi/Soldier
Thomas "Tommy Del" DelGiorno/Capo/Soldier
George Freselone/Capo (Dead)
Salvatore "Wayne" Grande/Soldier
Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti/UnderBoss
Robert "Bobby" Luisi Jr/Capo
Lawrence "Larry/Yogi" Merlino/Former Capo/Soldier (Dead)
Eugene "Gino" Milano/Soldier
Ralph Natale/Boss
Ronald "Big Ron" Previte/Capo
Gaeton "Tommy Horsehead" Scafidi/Soldier
Rocco Scafidi/Soldier (Dead)
John Veasey/Capo

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/23/12 03:21 AM

they got a descent amount of guys getting out in the next 5 years so i bet they'll be smaller for a while but bounce back once these guys get out

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/23/12 03:24 AM

A good many of those, if not indicted have already been released based on those charts
Posted By: PhillySteve

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/23/12 05:39 AM

I think you mean Johnny Chang. Mikey Chang has been dead for close to 20 years now

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/24/12 01:10 PM

What is the difference in some of teh gambling charges here in the Philly case with the poker machines and the bookmaking as opposed to the case at the Borgata 4 years ago when it was just state of New Jersey charges? Basically why are the feds involved in Philly but they weren't I believe in the Borgata case which reached to Philly

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/24/12 04:48 PM

I do know that chang got rid of the newstand probably a year ago so i know you didnt buy a pack of cigs there off him. Yes it ia still open but other people own it. And that junnke Veasey never confronted Chang at the newsstand, he took a picture in front of it late at night and posted it on facebook!!
Posted By: spmob

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/24/12 05:16 PM

Yep that newstand is not Changs anymore and thank god someone clarified that Mikey Chang is dead. I don't know for sure or not about Veasey cause none of us were there. If you have that pic, please share i would like to see. Also, Stevie (family prob or not) and Chang are basically running things. And to say that theres a hundred thousand dollars on the street is incorrect, especially now that its football season. I agree that they are not a "family" anymore but there are guys like Nicodemo and Lance making money

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/24/12 06:27 PM

Was that when Fox 29 was doing the interviews last year of him and he was in different places around town?

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/24/12 06:28 PM

read my post from 9/22 . They are broke ! Real money is Joe Vito and people like that . Just saying

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/24/12 07:29 PM

I doubt these guys want there kids following in there footsteps. Also, Philly was never really big into outside ventures like unions. They have only ever had a couple unions and construction companies back in the 80s. Its a different time. Nicodemo owns his own Mortgage/insurance company and employes his uncle and others. Mazzone has a piece of Malones on 18th and ritner through his wife and father in law. Its just a different time. But to say that the main players on the stret(chang, mazzone, nicodemo, lance) are broke is not the truth. And if you look at my other posts throughout the years I am one to tell you that the philly mob is far from what it use to be. But to say these guys are broke is incorrect. Some are definitely but not all. And a lot of those that are broke are due to there spending habits. Also, a lot of guys have legit jobs now and do something on the side to supplement there income. There are all kinds of different mobsters these days. You cant compare it to the 80s. What companies does Joe Vito own? I am just wondering...I don't know. They have one of the best books of all time and def have money. Not arguing that.

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/24/12 07:42 PM

who is ralphie head abbruzzi? his name been in all george a. books going back to blood and honor guy never gets indicted must keep a low profile. i guess he got that nickname for having a weird head. maybe he's the real boss.

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/24/12 08:11 PM

He just got out of jail not to long ago. Hes a singer to...or thinks he is.

http://mafiatoday.com/philly-mafia/for-ralphie-head-theres-still-time-for-louie/

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/24/12 08:31 PM

I believe Joe Vito had the websites and tryed to run the sports books from the islands legit. Also belive he has check cashing places ,not sure what else !

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/24/12 08:51 PM

Almost all sports book, at least legit ones that have been around, use the internet and off shore sites. Its the new age! Thats how I bet. Most still have agents who answer phones as well for people who aren't interent savy. Joe Vito did the same. He has all kinds of agents taking bets.

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/24/12 09:33 PM

Hey Vegasmike, im not claiming to know Barretta,thanks for correcting the spelling. All im saying is that so far that this bar i go to that the info is accurate, and they have his sentencing on oct 1st and hes facing 33 to 41 what is NOT accurate is the fact that you bought a pack of cigaretes off the wife cause they havnt own that newsstand in a year

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/24/12 09:34 PM

When is Joey Merlino's parole up? Is he coming back to Philly?

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/24/12 10:31 PM

Originally Posted By: spmob
Almost all sports book, at least legit ones that have been around, use the internet and off shore sites. Its the new age! Thats how I bet. Most still have agents who answer phones as well for people who aren't interent savy. Joe Vito did the same. He has all kinds of agents taking bets.

Pretty smart venture on the internet and the # they have and its all in costa rica with local ties... I use one that has ties to people from philly, no dollar figures on site just numbers, west virginia knocked me down a few pegs this weekend
Posted By: tree

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 09/25/12 12:46 AM

eewh! why you on there top so much?you tryin to buy a ticket?

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 10/03/12 03:08 AM

South Philadelphia bookie with mob ties sentenced to 33 months

By George Anastasia

Inquirer Staff Writer

An admitted South Philadelphia bookmaker with ties to organized crime was sentenced to 33 months in prison Monday after pleading guilty to racketeering charges tied to an illegal sports betting and loansharking operation.

Louis "Sheep" Barretta, 48, was described as an associate of acting mob boss Joseph "Uncle Joe" Ligambi, mob leader Anthony Staino Jr., and mob soldier Damion Canalichio in a 52-count indictment handed up last year Barretta, who pleaded guilty to a racketeering conspiracy charge last month , is the third defendant in the case to be sentenced.

Ligambi, Staino, Canalichio and five others are scheduled to be tried on the racketeering charges detailed in the indictment.

Jury selection is to begin Oct. 9.

U.S. District Judge Eduardo Robreno, who will preside over the trial, sentenced Barretta after a brief hearing Monday morning. Prosecutors alleged that Barretta used "extortionate means" to collect loan shark debts tied to a sports bookmaking operation.

Barretta was one of 14 defendants charged in the case. Two others, mobsters Martin Angelina and Gaeton Lucibello, also pleaded guilty. They were sentenced last month to 57 and 51 months. Three others are to be tried at a later date.

Authorities allege that Ligambi, 73, headed a gambling operation that included sports betting and video poker machines. The gambling operations were tied to loansharking and extortion, the indictment charges.

Ligambi is also charged with defrauding a Teamsters Union health and benefit fund of more than $200,000 that the union paid for medical and dental treatment for Ligambi and his family. Ligambi, authorities allege, had a "no show" job with a South Philadelphia trash hauling company through which he received medical benefits and a salary of $500 to $1,000 a week.

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 10/03/12 08:13 AM

Originally Posted By: spmob
He just got out of jail not to long ago. Hes a singer to...or thinks he is.

http://mafiatoday.com/philly-mafia/for-ralphie-head-theres-still-time-for-louie/

Thinks He is? He was paid to sing at Staino's Wedding... He sang Benny and the Jets, as well , my poop had some green in it today, and backed by a full orchestra

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 10/03/12 02:44 PM

Anyone knwo why the gambling charge for Baretta is a federal charge is it because they used the computer and ran it through Costa Rica?

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 10/05/12 03:33 AM

I personally went to go see the head sing and to tell you the truth it was terrible, i left early cause my ears were bleeding

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 10/11/12 06:39 AM

Hey Vegasmike, im not claiming to know Barretta,thanks for correcting the spelling. All im saying is that so far that this bar i go to that the info is accurate, and they have his sentencing on oct 1st and hes facing 33 to 41 what is NOT accurate is the fact that you bought a pack of cigaretes off the wife cause they havnt own that newsstand in a year

Hiss HIss lol

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 10/11/12 03:40 PM

so far so good with that info from that bar

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 01/22/13 02:45 AM

I was in a bar today and Barreta got his sentence date moved up to october 1st And yes dapper they all think they are gona beat most of the charges if not all of them, for gaeton and Marty it became a numbers game (no pun intended) but because by the time trial would have been over in january sometime they would of had 20 months in that they could never get back.So in essence a guy like Marty got 57 take away 20 he has with good time like 2 years left but if convicted he would of got enhanced up to 9 years and had been out in like 6 years left after good time, so why risk the 4 extra years

SouthPhillyOldFed

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 01/22/13 04:05 AM

what ever happened to southphillyoldhead?

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 01/22/13 04:09 AM

^^i wondered the same thing...

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 01/22/13 05:02 AM

so far so good with that info from that bar

Think he was an informant trying to find gossip on here?
Posted By: Jose

Re: Philly and Uncle Joe - 01/22/13 11:30 PM

No verdict today - apparently more tapes on Georgie and Bent Finger ... At this point it has to be pointed towards at least one juror holdout - they walk before weeks end. Probably tomorrow
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET