Home

Emanuel Gambino

Posted By: Toodoped

Emanuel Gambino - 09/09/12 10:25 AM

Yall know about the kidnapping and killing of Carlo's nephew,and after that Johnny boy got the contract,he made a messy job,went to jail and than got up higher in the ranks of the Gambinos...my question is why whould they send Gotti to do the job,i know he was Dellacroce's protege but in thouse times there were a lot of more accurate crews to do the job quietly and clean?!
...heres some details about the story...

"In may 1972 Emanuel Gambino (29) a nephew of Carlo Gambino was kidnapped and after being paid a ransom of 100000 dollars they kill him and let his body disappear. The FBI suspects businessman Henry Robert Sentner and his men William Joseph Coolin, John Edmund Kilcullen and John Peter Harrington. Mannie gambino's partner was New York mobster Murray Kessler who was Guy Banister's partner in the Cuban business. (Source Barry and the boys by Daniel Hopsicker). Henry Robert Sentner and John Edmund Kilcullen admitted extortion in the kidnapping of Emanuel Gambino.
26 Januari 1973 the body of Emanuel Gambino (29) was found. The Gambino family suspects James McBratney an Irish gangleader. He had kidnapped before criminals for a ransom but not mafiosi.
John Gotti and Angelo Ruggiero help murder McBratney
22 May 1973 John Gotti, Angelo Ruggiero (a nephew of underboss Dellacroce) and Ralph Galione go to the Snoope`s Bar and Grill in Staten Island. McBratney was there and was held by Gotti and Ruggiero while Galione shot McBratney 3 times in the head."

Posted By: FrankGaglianoJR

Re: Emanuel Gambino - 09/14/12 06:15 PM

Cool Story.... im pretty sure that is how it went.
Posted By: JCrusher

Re: Emanuel Gambino - 09/14/12 08:24 PM

I doubt Carlo specifically went to John to get revenge. I think Neil was the one who arranged for gotti to do this in order for him to get his button. Remember this was gotti's first hit which is why it was so badly done
Posted By: fergie

Re: Emanuel Gambino - 09/14/12 09:09 PM

dead right crusher...
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: Emanuel Gambino - 09/15/12 12:13 AM

At that time the Bergin crew(besides the future DeMeo crew) was the main enforcement arm of the family, so no surprise Gotti, Ruggiero, along with Ralph Galione got the contract.

Re: Emanuel Gambino - 09/15/12 02:05 AM

Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
At that time the Bergin crew(besides the future DeMeo crew) was the main enforcement arm of the family, so no surprise Gotti, Ruggiero, along with Ralph Galione got the contract.

But neither of them did a hit before. Yes the bergin crew was a tough crew long before gotti took over but my point was that carlo never asked for gotti to do it. he gave it to neil to handle and neil obviously wanted his protege to impress the boss

Re: Emanuel Gambino - 09/15/12 07:01 PM

Originally Posted By: JCrusher

But neither of them did a hit before. Yes the bergin crew was a tough crew long before gotti took over but my point was that carlo never asked for gotti to do it. he gave it to neil to handle and neil obviously wanted his protege to impress the boss

Actually Gotti was reporting directly to Carlo in 1972, because Neil was in prison and Fatico was in failing health. Even though Gotti was only an associate reporting to the Boss, Carlo looked fondly upon Gotti because of the blessing provided by Neil. If Neil can have his protege impress the Boss then thats just icing on the cake and all three would be happy.

http://www.amazon.com/Gotti-Rise-Fall-Jerry-Capeci/dp/0451406818

During this time period, there were many other future LCN members (Massino) who were given their first contracts. In 1957, The Chin ordered by Vito Genovese botched the hit on Frank Costello.
Posted By: Camarel

Re: Emanuel Gambino - 09/15/12 07:20 PM

Actually Gotti was reporting directly to Carlo in 1972, because Neil was in prison and Fatico was in failing health. Even though Gotti was only an associate reporting to the Boss, Carlo looked fondly upon Gotti because of the blessing provided by Neil. If Neil can have his protege impress the Boss then thats just icing on the cake and all three would be happy.

During this time period, there were many other future LCN members (Massino) who were given their first contracts. In 1957, The Chin ordered by Vito Genovese botched the hit on Frank Costello.

I've never read Capecis Gotti book who does he get the information for it from is it Sammy ?

Re: Emanuel Gambino - 09/15/12 07:26 PM

^^^his own sources, court transcripts, fbi agents/field reports, informants, wiretaps, etc.

ive never read it either, like others i am also tired of the whole gotti/sammy story. it has been told a thousand times.

Re: Emanuel Gambino - 09/15/12 10:20 PM

I already knew that. Gotti was made acting capo by Fatico and reported to neil and when neil was in the can he reported to carlo. However we dont know the extent of carlo's "liking" of gotti. He must of like him a little because he got roy cohn to represent him but i dont know if he directly went to gotti for the mcbratney hit

Re: Emanuel Gambino - 09/16/12 12:30 AM

^^whether he did or didnt go to gotti directly himself is not a big deal in the grander scheme of things.

Re: Emanuel Gambino - 09/16/12 12:57 AM

^^whether he did or didnt go to gotti directly himself is not a big deal in the grander scheme of things.

Never said it was a big deal just trying to be accurate
Posted By: Ted

Re: Emanuel Gambino - 09/16/12 05:30 AM

ive never read it either, like others i am also tired of the whole gotti/sammy story. it has been told a thousand times.

Says the man named Dapper Don. whistle

Re: Emanuel Gambino - 09/16/12 05:41 AM

^^^his own sources, court transcripts, fbi agents/field reports, informants, wiretaps, etc.

I agree with you there i'd much rather a book about Carmine Persico.
Posted By: short841

Re: Emanuel Gambino - 09/16/12 07:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Camarel

Thats why I am currently reading Five Families now. To read about Persico, Colombo wars and thw Chin mainly. grin

Re: Emanuel Gambino - 09/16/12 08:04 AM

Originally Posted By: short841

Thats why I am currently reading Five Families now. To read about Persico, Colombo wars and thw Chin mainly. grin

Has it got a decent amount about Carmine and the chin in it? I'm going to buy five families next.
Posted By: short841

Re: Emanuel Gambino - 09/16/12 08:22 AM

I dont know how roughly many pages because I havent got up to that bit. But it is a decent chunk out of the book.

Re: Emanuel Gambino - 09/16/12 10:07 PM

Originally Posted By: short841

Has it got a decent amount about Carmine and the chin in it? I'm going to buy five families next.

GREAT book, tons of stuff about Persico, The Chin, Lucchese NJ crew, etc

Re: Emanuel Gambino - 09/16/12 10:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Ted

Says the man named Dapper Don. whistle

your damm right haha
Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times

Re: Emanuel Gambino - 09/17/12 06:40 PM

any relation between Henry Robert Sentner and our Gemini twins boy?
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: Emanuel Gambino - 09/17/12 08:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times

Yeah, HRS was Anthony´s uncle if memory serves me right.
Posted By: tommykarate

Re: Emanuel Gambino - 11/11/12 02:29 PM

Didn't they go in the bar and tell mcbratney that they was cops and tried to pull him outside but he resisted them and galione shot him.galione was also killed later on after the hit
Posted By: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica

Re: Emanuel Gambino - 11/13/12 01:27 AM

Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles
Originally Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times

Yeah, HRS was Anthony´s uncle if memory serves me right.

Yep, that's right.
Posted By: Vigil

Re: Emanuel Gambino - 02/15/13 06:02 AM

Why did Dellacroce favor Gotti so much?
Posted By: Mastronardo

Re: Emanuel Gambino - 04/06/13 08:02 PM

In a way, Gotti was a younger version of Dellacroce. They were both violent and degenerate gamblers who cursed all the time.
Posted By: Scalish

Re: Emanuel Gambino - 04/06/13 08:39 PM

Only difference is Gotti was an egotistical moron and did not believe in anything and could not follow the rules.

Re: Emanuel Gambino - 04/07/13 04:47 PM

That's how Gotti ended up being like, yes.
Posted By: Vigil

Re: Emanuel Gambino - 04/07/13 08:06 PM

I just saw on Bio that John Gotti had a relationship with Dellacroce's illegitimate daughter. News to me...
Posted By: streetbossliborio

Re: Emanuel Gambino - 04/08/13 07:42 AM

anyone got info on ralph galione? weren't he castellano's guy?
Posted By: streetbossliborio

Re: Emanuel Gambino - 04/08/13 07:42 AM

and why did he get clipped?

Re: Emanuel Gambino - 04/08/13 06:58 PM

Despite being a member of Castellano's crew in the movie Gotti, Ralph Galione actually worked in Gotti's Bergin Hunt & Fish Club crew.

Galione was killed because too much heat was generated on him after the McBratney hit went wrong. Gambino feared he would cooperate with the feds so he gave the order.
Posted By: Toodoped

Re: Emanuel Gambino - 04/08/13 07:31 PM

To get back on topic....one of the guys that was involved in the Manny Gambino kidnapping and murder was Thomas "Tommy" Genovese who was a distant relative to Vito Genovese and he was later murdered by boss Carmine Persico in 1979 and was one of the crew members of M.Franzese.Any1 got any more info on this guy?

Re: Emanuel Gambino - 04/09/13 07:17 PM

Tommy Genovese was a Colombo associate who, like you said, was a distant relative of Don Vito. He was born in Italy but later moved to the U.S. and started living it up on Lower East Side. As a Colombo mobster, he served under Michael Franzese. Genovese was good friends with both Mikey and John. Persico put a contract on Genovese after he was released from serving nearly a decade in prison. He was murdered in 1979 by a couple of recruits from John Matera's crew.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET