Home

Joseph Pistone's Location

Posted By: Imamobguy

Joseph Pistone's Location - 09/08/12 03:48 PM

Does anyone actually have a hint where he now lives?
Posted By: AmericanCrime

Re: Joseph Pistone's Location - 09/08/12 03:52 PM

Probably somewhere in the Midwest. That's usually where they put people under government protection
Posted By: LCN1987

Re: Joseph Pistone's Location - 09/08/12 03:54 PM

How would a civilian on these boards even have the slightest hint of where he might be? The mob can't even find him...
Posted By: short841

Re: Joseph Pistone's Location - 09/08/12 03:57 PM

Why do you want to kill him?
Posted By: Toodoped

Re: Joseph Pistone's Location - 09/08/12 05:42 PM

Originally Posted By: short841
Why do you want to kill him?

^ ^ ^ smile clap
Posted By: DeMeo

Re: Joseph Pistone's Location - 09/08/12 05:45 PM

Originally Posted By: LCN1987
How would a civilian on these boards even have the slightest hint of where he might be? The mob can't even find him...

Some on these boards think they in the Mafia. I know who they are, but without naming them, they know who they are too.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Joseph Pistone's Location - 09/08/12 08:00 PM

I never believed that the Commission put a half-million-dollar pricetag on Pistone's head. The Commission doesn't have a standing army on call to punish transgressors. The only thing Dons have in common is greed, and distrust of each other. I can't imagine that any Don would contribute a dime to help the Bonannos deal with a mistake they made through their own stupidity. The Bonannos didn't have a seat on the Commission at that time.

Pistone has appeared in public plenty of times. He's been at signings for his books--very public, well publicized in advance. He probably keeps his actual home secret because he doesn't want to be besieged by autograph-seekers and Mob-followers--not because he's afraid of getting whacked.
Posted By: Lenin_and_McCarthy

Re: Joseph Pistone's Location - 09/08/12 08:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Turnbull
I never believed that the Commission put a half-million-dollar pricetag on Pistone's head. The Commission doesn't have a standing army on call to punish transgressors. The only thing Dons have in common is greed, and distrust of each other. I can't imagine that any Don would contribute a dime to help the Bonannos deal with a mistake they made through their own stupidity. The Bonannos didn't have a seat on the Commission at that time.

What about Rastelli himself? Didn't he kill his own wife?

Re: Joseph Pistone's Location - 09/09/12 12:28 PM

Im pretty sure The Mob could trace him if they liked. The Fed's told them not to bother or they would be facing prison for a long time.
Posted By: NickyScarfo

Re: Joseph Pistone's Location - 09/09/12 12:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Imamobguy

Im pretty sure The Mob could trace him if they liked. The Fed's told them not to bother or they would be facing prison for a long time.

As if they would do shit now? Dumb move. Loads of rats live out in the open now with no threat.

Re: Joseph Pistone's Location - 09/09/12 12:48 PM

All the ones he dealt with or dead or in prison anyways
Posted By: joisy_mike

Re: Joseph Pistone's Location - 09/09/12 01:24 PM

Erm, not for nothing, but we all missed a chance to meet him in person back in February 3rd and 4th, 2012.

http://thepatriottour.com/about/

Re: Joseph Pistone's Location - 09/09/12 01:25 PM

And the civilians?
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: Joseph Pistone's Location - 09/09/12 04:29 PM

Originally Posted By: NickyScarfo

As if they would do shit now? Dumb move. Loads of rats live out in the open now with no threat.

Some even move back to their old neighborhoods like Joseph "Joe Campy" Campanella from the Colombos

http://www.villagevoice.com/2008-09-23/n...itch-joe-campy/
Posted By: GaryH

Re: Joseph Pistone's Location - 09/09/12 05:56 PM

After 30 years, all the guys he was involved with are out the picture!
Posted By: Toodoped

Re: Joseph Pistone's Location - 09/09/12 06:41 PM

Well i saw this documentary some time ago about Pistone,while he was interviewed on the street a car passed and some1 yelled somethin like "You fuckin snitch"..so my point is that i know all the guys that he was involved are dead or in jail 4ever,but i think that Pistone cant be that relaxed cuz...imagine he passes a restorant,and there are some drunk "young turks" and recognize him...i dunno,cant tell what could happen...but i think todays mob dont give a shit about Pistone,but no1 can predict their sicilian mentality
Posted By: 123JoeSchmo

Re: Joseph Pistone's Location - 09/09/12 06:49 PM

He also doesn't go near any place with a large organized crime presence. I don't think he has to worry too much but he's gotta be cautious nonetheless
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: Joseph Pistone's Location - 09/09/12 06:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Toodoped
Well i saw this documentary some time ago about Pistone,while he was interviewed on the street a car passed and some1 yelled somethin like "You fuckin snitch"..so my point is that i know all the guys that he was involved are dead or in jail 4ever,but i think that Pistone cant be that relaxed cuz...imagine he passes a restorant,and there are some drunk "young turks" and recognize him...i dunno,cant tell what could happen...but i think todays mob dont give a shit about Pistone,but no1 can predict their sicilian mentality

i saw that as well

Re: Joseph Pistone's Location - 09/09/12 11:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
Originally Posted By: Toodoped

i saw that as well

Yeah I saw that, too. His trademark black glasses and suit doesn't excatly make him hard to spot. I'd say he'd be harder to spot if he dressed normal and not walk the streets in the exact same clothes he's been using on tv appearances.
Posted By: conopizza

Re: Joseph Pistone's Location - 09/10/12 04:55 PM

and I also saw that but rather than Joe being recognized, I'd bet 'you fuckin' snitch!' was a set-up by the filmmakers... sure it could have happened but since it's so easy to fake and plays into everyone's sense of 'drama'...

i agree with all say that nobody in the mob really cares about Pistone anymore-- and haven't for a long time. there could always be a lone psychopath but the costs far far far outweigh the benefits... (I highly doubt too there was ever a $500,000 "open contract"; seems like snitch MISinformation from the start.)

Re: Joseph Pistone's Location - 09/12/12 05:58 PM

Yes, I saw Pistone can carry a gun for his own protection and when in New York he is under protection but is also asked not to. Half of the Doc's he is asked to do are set in New York which make's it very suspicious of a Set-up.
Posted By: Antimacy

Re: Joseph Pistone's Location - 09/13/12 08:23 PM

Well, Pistone's in Montreal next week testifying. So there's that.
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: Joseph Pistone's Location - 09/14/12 03:15 PM

You ever see criminalminds they could use that annoying fat chick with the glasses shes pretty good with computers and tracing people lol
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Joseph Pistone's Location - 09/14/12 03:26 PM

Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

You ever see criminalminds they could use that annoying fat chick with the glasses shes pretty good with computers and tracing people lol

I love that show, but I can't stand her.
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: Joseph Pistone's Location - 09/14/12 03:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Antimacy
Well, Pistone's in Montreal next week testifying. So there's that.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/unde...6915/story.html
Posted By: pmac

Re: Joseph Pistone's Location - 09/14/12 03:58 PM

i read somewhere during rustelli's trial in 86,87 he spoted pistone in the court hallway and said you would have never spoken to me or been around me. could be true rustelli was lockd upduring the whole brasco affair. he seems a crazy boss he just had black and massino take out all traitors. pistone was in boston last yr he goes and speaks to colleges. and police academys. he probaly live in new jersy right around he grew up.
Posted By: Sonny_Black

Re: Joseph Pistone's Location - 09/14/12 04:22 PM

As of today, nobody that's affiliated with the Mob is going to kill him. He was an FBI agent who was only doing his job and this is thirty years ago. The Mob and the Bonanno family in particular have better things to do than to chase a retired FBI agent. They could better focus on what's going on in Montreal...
Posted By: ImpactPlaya

Re: Joseph Pistone's Location - 09/14/12 06:09 PM

Hitting Pistone would accomplish nothing. the end wouldn't justify the means
Posted By: jace

Re: Joseph Pistone's Location - 09/15/12 07:25 AM

Originally Posted By: pmac
i read somewhere during rustelli's trial in 86,87 he spoted pistone in the court hallway and said you would have never spoken to me or been around me. could be true rustelli was lockd upduring the whole brasco affair. he seems a crazy boss he just had black and massino take out all traitors. pistone was in boston last yr he goes and speaks to colleges. and police academys. he probaly live in new jersy right around he grew up.

I think you are correct about him being in Jersey. He has sent mixed messages to public over the years, saying he is in danger, then saying he is unafraid an in making public appearances.

Re: Joseph Pistone's Location - 09/15/12 09:16 AM

Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
As of today, nobody that's affiliated with the Mob is going to kill him. He was an FBI agent who was only doing his job and this is thirty years ago. The Mob and the Bonanno family in particular have better things to do than to chase a retired FBI agent. They could better focus on what's going on in Montreal...

Well, For getting The Bonanno family kicked of The Commission and getting many members killed, I bet he will have to pay for it someway.

Re: Joseph Pistone's Location - 09/15/12 10:01 AM

Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black

Well, For getting The Bonanno family kicked of The Commission and getting many members killed, I bet he will have to pay for it someway.

Like I said, the people who were affiliated with him are either dead or in prison. Nobody at the end of the day cares what happened thirty years ago.
Posted By: bigboy

Re: Joseph Pistone's Location - 04/04/13 02:03 AM

Like him or not, Pistone is obviously no dummy. He is very security conscious, well armed and still has the support of the FBI. He is a legend in the FBI and I don't think there is an active FBI agent anywhere who wouldn't bend over backwards to help him. While he may wear the same clothing for TV and other appearances, Don't think for a second that he isn't aware of the issues and most likely doesn't wear that same stuff in his daily living.
Posted By: meffaboston

Re: Joseph Pistone's Location - 04/04/13 08:05 PM

Good point bigboy he has major support from the FBI an always will..pistone testified for john connolly in his case sticking up for connolly
Posted By: Frankie_Five_Angels

Re: Joseph Pistone's Location - 04/05/13 06:04 AM

I know Pistone is ex FBI.... but ...

Do any bad guys stay in the witness protection program anymore?

Re: Joseph Pistone's Location - 04/05/13 06:21 AM

Does anyone actually have a hint where he now lives?

He lived openly in New Jersey in the years after he was revealed to be agent. His family is from there, so he may still be in Jersey.

Re: Joseph Pistone's Location - 04/05/13 06:23 AM

Originally Posted By: Turnbull

Pistone has appeared in public plenty of times. He's been at signings for his books--very public, well publicized in advance. He probably keeps his actual home secret because he doesn't want to be besieged by autograph-seekers and Mob-followers--not because he's afraid of getting whacked.

^^^^^^^

True.
Posted By: andrewc

Re: Joseph Pistone's Location - 04/05/13 07:29 PM

The only risk to him is someone making a name for themselves for either publicity in the press (e.g. Mark Chapman) or to get in with or further themselves in the mob. To say he's safe is wide of the mark but he's also not in any grave danger.
Posted By: red

Re: Joseph Pistone's Location - 04/05/13 08:41 PM

Originally Posted By: DeMeo

Some on these boards think they in the Mafia. I know who they are, but without naming them, they know who they are too.

© 2024 GangsterBB.NET