Home

Greek Mob

Posted By: NickyEyes1

Greek Mob - 09/04/12 09:00 PM

I've seen these 2 pages on Wikipedia about the Greek Mob. I know it's not the best place for mob stuff but i know they are real.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philadelphia_Greek_Mob and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Velentzas_crime_family anyone have any info on them and if they are still active???
Posted By: carmela

Re: Greek Mob - 09/04/12 09:03 PM

I'm here to help. I come in peace.

http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthr...true#Post657859

Re: Greek Mob - 09/04/12 09:05 PM

thanks

Re: Greek Mob - 09/05/12 02:10 AM

you think they're active or just associates of the luchesses?
Posted By: AmericanCrime

Re: Greek Mob - 09/05/12 09:10 AM

I know that Chelsais Bouras was definitely a real guy who trafficked methamphetamine. He was connected to Ray Martorano. And Philadelphia has one of the largest Greek population in the country so it's definitely plausible that he had a crew of ethnic Greeks at his disposal.

Same thing with Astoria. It's always had a sizable Greek population. I always heard they were mostly involved in gambling and payed tribute to the Lucchese. However, they must have been small enough for the Rudaj Org. to muscle in on them.
Posted By: bladerkeks

Re: Greek Mob - 09/05/12 09:52 AM

does somebody know if these greek oc groups in the usa have maniot roots?
Posted By: TheKillingJoke

Re: Greek Mob - 09/05/12 10:11 AM

The Greek mob was originally started by Maniots I thought.
If anything, Maniots are pretty freaking tough.

Re: Greek Mob - 09/05/12 02:25 PM

Yeah that's the case for the Greek OC up in Astoria.

Also here's another thread on here
Greek Mafia
Talks about the Vesuvious Organization also in NYC

And I think the Philly Greeks originated in Northern Greece. Had some kinda ties to a Macedonian group up there.

Re: Greek Mob - 09/05/12 08:18 PM

doesn't Astoria also have a strong Italian presence?

Re: Greek Mob - 09/05/12 09:04 PM

Yeah a few Italian gangsters were from Astoria.

*Joe N. Gallo - No relation to Crazy Joe, was Gambino's consig.

*Vincent Pappa - A mob guy hooked up with the Lucchese. Who was involved in a theft of French Connection heroin out of the NYPD evident room

But as far as I know the Greeks ran things mostly. Gambling and other related stuff. VIdeo poker. Book making. The LCN was never really that prominent despite the Italian presence. Maybe it was too diverse. Irish, Italian, Greek, SOuth American etc etc
Posted By: Toodoped

Re: Greek Mob - 09/05/12 09:14 PM

Originally Posted By: AmericanCrime
Had some kinda ties to a Macedonian group up there.

Speakin about the macedonian mob...

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2012/01/koljo_the_american_pleads_guil.html

....and this guy was killed two mounths ago i think
Posted By: Nick_the_Greek

Re: Greek Mob - 09/06/12 01:22 PM

Gambling, gambling, gambling is what the 'Greek mob' is about. Very regional, and generally not connected to each other like the Italian fellas.

Speaking of, what was the name of the two Greek brothers out of Springfield, MA that whacked Bruno? Brain fart!
Posted By: yigido

Re: Greek Mob - 09/06/12 02:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Nick_the_Greek
Gambling, gambling, gambling is what the 'Greek mob' is about. Very regional, and generally not connected to each other like the Italian fellas.

Speaking of, what was the name of the two Greek brothers out of Springfield, MA that whacked Bruno? Brain fart!
i know for sure there are greek criminals involved in gambling here in the netherlands. not sure if there is a structure like a gang or family.
there was an article a couple of years ago about a small amount of drugs founded in a greek cafe wich was a front for a gambling den. so who knows maybe they are in to drugs to. but then again it could be some small time dealers' stash.
Posted By: TheKillingJoke

Re: Greek Mob - 09/06/12 04:52 PM

In Belgium even in the relatively small villages with a Greek population there are quite some Greeks involved in some dirty stuff. Gambling, but also more small time drug traffic.
Posted By: yigido

Re: Greek Mob - 09/07/12 06:16 AM

Originally Posted By: Nick_the_Greek

ty and fotios gease i think something like that
Posted By: JasonAnthony74

Re: Greek Mob - 09/07/12 11:40 PM

There was that Greek gangster that had the nerve to open up a gambling joint in John Gotti's territory back in the late 80s. Guys name was Spiro....Gotti was recorded making his infamous "sever your mother******g head off" quote in response to Spiro's transgressions........
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET