Home

Mobsters that have grown up in orphanges.

Posted By: botz

Mobsters that have grown up in orphanges. - 09/04/12 03:24 PM

What are some names of mobsters you know of that have grown up in orphanages?
Posted By: spmob

Re: Mobsters that have grown up in orphanges. - 09/04/12 04:31 PM

Yea Donnie Brasco
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Mobsters that have grown up in orphanges. - 09/04/12 04:34 PM

Oh, come on!
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: Mobsters that have grown up in orphanges. - 09/04/12 04:43 PM

Originally Posted By: spmob
Yea Donnie Brasco

"Please Sir Take your shoes off..traditional.." I ain't taking ma shoes off for youse I lost my pops down in vietnammm godammmittt
Posted By: botz

Re: Mobsters that have grown up in orphanges. - 09/04/12 04:56 PM

Did Jimmy Burke grow up in a orphange?
Posted By: yigido

Re: Mobsters that have grown up in orphanges. - 09/04/12 04:57 PM

danny greene i think
Posted By: DeMeo

Re: Mobsters that have grown up in orphanges. - 09/04/12 05:00 PM

Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti
Yea Donnie Brasco

"Please Sir Take your shoes off..traditional.." I ain't taking ma shoes off for youse I lost my pops down in vietnammm godammmittt

Really, I thought it was Okinawa as the guy was Japanese.
Posted By: Camarel

Re: Mobsters that have grown up in orphanges. - 09/04/12 08:06 PM

Originally Posted By: botz

I think you're right i think i've heard that before too.
Posted By: EddieCoyle

Re: Mobsters that have grown up in orphanges. - 09/04/12 08:16 PM

Originally Posted By: DeMeo
Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti
Yea Donnie Brasco

Really, I thought it was Okinawa as the guy was Japanese.

Yeah pretty sure the events of Donnie Brasco took place shortly after the Vietnam conflict.

Re: Mobsters that have grown up in orphanges. - 09/04/12 08:27 PM

They did take place after the Vietnam war, but his father died in the 1940s.
Posted By: EddieCoyle

Re: Mobsters that have grown up in orphanges. - 09/04/12 09:17 PM

I was agreeing that it was WW2 not Vietnam.
Posted By: Homers77

Re: Mobsters that have grown up in orphanges. - 09/06/12 02:40 AM

Originally Posted By: botz

Just watched the Mobsters Bio of Jimmy Burke and he grew up in foster care and Burke wasn't his last name it was his foster parents name that were good to him in his teenage years.
Posted By: Ivan

Re: Mobsters that have grown up in orphanges. - 09/06/12 03:31 AM

His birth name was actually Conway, which is the name they used for Burke in the movie.

Re: Mobsters that have grown up in orphanges. - 09/06/12 03:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Ivan
His birth name was actually Conway, which is the name they used for Burke in the movie.

Not true - The real name was Burke. They had to use Conway in the movie because of Burke's daughter trying to extort the studio to use the real name. In the end, they told her to go jump off a bridge and used Conway.
Posted By: Mark

Re: Mobsters that have grown up in orphanges. - 09/06/12 03:48 PM

Not true - The real name was Burke. They had to use Conway in the movie because of Burke's daughter trying to extort the studio to use the real name. In the end, they told her to go jump off a bridge and used Conway.

According to the recent "Mobsters" episode from the other night, Conway was the birth name and Burke was the last name Jimmy chose to go by for the rest of his life. He was bounced around from dysfunctional foster families and the Burke family was the one that treated him the best thus the last name. Again, this is what was reported in the "Mobsters" episode from the other night. Which was very good! It filled in a lot of blanks from the "Goodfellas" movie.
Posted By: Giancarlo

Re: Mobsters that have grown up in orphanges. - 09/06/12 03:49 PM

I believe Ivan is correct. Burke was his adopted name and when the producers couldn't use the name Burke they went to Jimmy's birth name.

Mark i watched the same show.

Re: Mobsters that have grown up in orphanges. - 09/06/12 04:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Giancarlo

I believe Ivan is correct. Burke was his adopted name and when the producers couldn't use the name Burke they went to Jimmy's birth name.

Mark i watched the same show.

What did you think of all the extra Goodfellas info provided?

Re: Mobsters that have grown up in orphanges. - 09/06/12 04:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark

It was a pretty decent show, the way the Billy Batts murder went down and of course the robbery at JFK. They delivered all the money to Jimmy, what a mistake! Once Jimmy and his kid had the cash it was as good as gone.

That part about Jimmy being sexually abused by one of his foster parents was new to me. I wonder if he ever went back and killed the person whoever it was?

Re: Mobsters that have grown up in orphanges. - 09/06/12 04:31 PM

It was a pretty decent show, the way the Billy Batts murder went down and of course the robbery at JFK. They delivered all the money to Jimmy, what a mistake! Once Jimmy and his kid had the cash it was as good as gone.

That part about Jimmy being sexually abused by one of his foster parents was new to me. I wonder if he ever went back and killed the person whoever it was?

All good info, no doubt! How about what he allegedly did to his bride to be's ex? Wow. Lots of good info on Tommy Di Simone as well. I love how they got a copy of the watch master's key to the big JFK heist, Ha!

Re: Mobsters that have grown up in orphanges. - 09/06/12 04:35 PM

All good info, no doubt! How about what he allegedly did to his bride to be's ex? Wow. Lots of good info on Tommy Di Simone as well. I love how they got a copy of the watch master's key to the big JFK heist, Ha!

I saw that part about the key on another show too. I can't believe all it took was a whore to distract the guy. But they didn't know which key so they they had to duplicate all of them. The more i learn about Tommy the more i get interested in his life. The man was truly a menace to society.

Re: Mobsters that have grown up in orphanges. - 09/06/12 04:40 PM

I saw that part about the key on another show too. I can't believe all it took was a whore to distract the guy. But they didn't know which key so they they had to duplicate all of them. The more i learn about Tommy the more i get interested in his life. The man was truly a menace to society.

Oh, yeah. They would do well to devote an entire episode to Di Simone. I want to know if his mother really paints pics of old men in boats with dogs! wink
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET