Home

How Badly or good are the Colombo's at this time?

Posted By: Antonio

How Badly or good are the Colombo's at this time? - 09/01/12 02:55 PM

I heard that all of their administration are in Jail? Who the hell is running things and how many capo's does it have out on the street? They seem to be getting in a sticky mess, things for them look chaotic. Also who would you rank as the most powerful to least powerful? I'd say...

1) Genovese
2) Gambino
3) Bonnano
4) Lucchese
5) Colombo

Just the 5 families I'm saying.
Posted By: Camarel

Re: How Badly or good are the Colombo's at this time? - 09/01/12 03:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Antonio
I heard that all of their administration are in Jail? Who the hell is running things and how many capo's does it have out on the street? They seem to be getting in a sticky mess, things for them look chaotic. Also who would you rank as the most powerful to least powerful? I'd say...

1) Genovese
2) Gambino
3) Bonnano
4) Lucchese
5) Colombo

Just the 5 families I'm saying.

The same rankings as you i'd maybe switch Bonanno with Lucchesse family . The Colombo families acting boss is supposed to be Andy Russo alot of people think Badalamenti will take over the Bonannos. Domenico Cefalu is the boss of the Gambinos Stephen Creais boss of the Lucchesses no one knows whos running the Genovese i've no idea how many capos there are.
Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: How Badly or good are the Colombo's at this time? - 09/01/12 03:08 PM

Luchesse is more powerful then Bonnano
Posted By: short841

Re: How Badly or good are the Colombo's at this time? - 09/01/12 03:10 PM

The Colombos have around 14 crews I think....
Posted By: yigido

Re: How Badly or good are the Colombo's at this time? - 09/01/12 03:11 PM

Originally Posted By: short841
are you sure about the 14 crews it seems a lot.

Re: How Badly or good are the Colombo's at this time? - 09/01/12 03:18 PM

Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1

How do you know for sure?

Re: How Badly or good are the Colombo's at this time? - 09/01/12 04:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Camarel

How do you know for sure?

more structured, better leadership, more power. Probably close in membership though

Re: How Badly or good are the Colombo's at this time? - 09/01/12 04:17 PM

Originally Posted By: yigido

according to the chart murkemin made they have 11 crews
Posted By: 123JoeSchmo

Re: How Badly or good are the Colombo's at this time? - 09/01/12 04:57 PM

Steven Crea will whip that Family into shape. He was a fantastic earner and a business man. Plus Caridi's on the street with several more getting out within the next few years. Dap posted it somewhere I'll find it.
Lucchese's are third behind the Genovese and Gambino Families.

Re: How Badly or good are the Colombo's at this time? - 09/01/12 05:00 PM

John Baudanza/41 (IP/8/2/2015)
Anthony “Bowatt” Baratta/69 (IP/9/25/2012)
Dominick Capelli/55 (IP/9/30/2013)
George "George Goggles" Conte/51 (IP/3/10/2014)
Domenico "Danny" Cutaia/75 (IP/11/21/2012)
Salvatore Cutaia/52 (IP/8/22/2016)
Frank “Frankie Pearls” Federico/80 (IP/2/20/2016)
James “Froggy” Galione/47 (IP/12/24/2015)
Frank "Frankie Bones" Papagni/54 (IP/11/24/2015)
Michael Perna/66 (IP/8/02/2015)
Michael “Mad Dog” Taccetta/60 (IP/9/20/2015)
Joseph "Joey Flowers" Tangorra/58 (IP/12/09/2014)
George "Georgie Neck" Zappola/49 (IP/3/03/2014)

All Lucchese guys getting out soon
Posted By: short841

Re: How Badly or good are the Colombo's at this time? - 09/01/12 05:26 PM

Originally Posted By: yigido

according to the chart murkemin made they have 11 crews

Well I said around tongue
Posted By: pmac

Re: How Badly or good are the Colombo's at this time? - 09/01/12 05:29 PM

yaeh lucheses fam alot coming home could be bad, but the colombos own brooklyn we know andy russo legend (hold his own with any boss)is in prison and only was acting boss he's charged with shakeing down the gambino's so even with his 50 man killer family you can 't take them lightly they recruit 20 yr olds too kill capo's thats the way persico's do it, at young age and sonny f had long island fuck they put a boss on winter hill in sommerville. they got a shit load of young guys in benhurst waiting to get made.every buddys son and nephew. one persico comes home in a couple months he was haggin with buddy cianchi in fort denvins. new boss teddy.

Re: How Badly or good are the Colombo's at this time? - 09/01/12 05:31 PM

You kiddin? The Gambino's would demolish them. And the Persico's were the worst thing ever to happen to the Colombo's
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: How Badly or good are the Colombo's at this time? - 09/01/12 05:47 PM

Currently, the Colombos have 7 capos. Gambinos 21. Bonanno 15, Genovese 18, and Lucchese 11. This is from RD where we mapped out the confirmed Capos/crews for each family.

Re: How Badly or good are the Colombo's at this time? - 09/01/12 05:52 PM

Originally Posted By: 123JoeSchmo
You kiddin? The Gambino's would demolish them. And the Persico's were the worst thing ever to happen to the Colombo's

I've got to agree with you about the Persicos and somehow i doubt Teddy will take over after Carmine dies.
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: How Badly or good are the Colombo's at this time? - 09/01/12 05:59 PM

I´m not sure, but these guys seems to be Lucchese captains at the moment. (But don´t quote me on that):

- Neil Migliore
- Joey DiNapoli (in jail)
- Mathew Madonna (in jail)
- Tony "Bowat" Baratta (in prison)
- Joey Giampa
- "Crazy" Dom Truscello
- Tony "Blue Eyes" Santorelli
- Ralph Perna (in jail)
- Johnny "Hooks" Capra
- "Big" John Castellucci
- "Big" Joe Lubrano (in prison)
- Andrew DeSimone (in prison) (I´m not sure DeSimone held an official captain´s rank, but he was atleast an acting captain just before he was indicted.)

Re: How Badly or good are the Colombo's at this time? - 09/01/12 06:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
Currently, the Colombos have 7 capos. Gambinos 21. Bonanno 15, Genovese 18, and Lucchese 11. This is from RD where we mapped out the confirmed Capos/crews for each family.

Im assuming not all of these are on the street. Lenny DiMaria gets released tomorrow so make that 22 for the Gambino Family.
Posted By: Imamobguy

Re: How Badly or good are the Colombo's at this time? - 09/01/12 06:07 PM

How do you know this? You are relying on The Government to know who is who, The Government still have alot of TRUE secret's to discover. Some "Rats" told them wrong things, Lucchese is more succesful than Bonanno. The History says it all..

Re: How Badly or good are the Colombo's at this time? - 09/01/12 06:09 PM

Hahahaha, You do not know what you are talking about. Persico succesfully murded Lawrence Gallo along with Joey Gallo and Alphonse Cirillo. Persico wasnt the worst thing at all.

Re: How Badly or good are the Colombo's at this time? - 09/01/12 06:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Imamobguy

Hahahaha, You do not know what you are talking about. Persico succesfully murded Lawrence Gallo along with Joey Gallo and Alphonse Cirillo. Persico wasnt the worst thing at all.

It's mainly due to him that the Colombo Family today cannot go one year without an indictment. Even today Persico runs the Colombo's and look where it's gotten them

Re: How Badly or good are the Colombo's at this time? - 09/01/12 06:12 PM

How do you know this? You are relying on The Government to know who is who, The Government still have alot of TRUE secret's to discover. Some "Rats" told them wrong things, Lucchese is more succesful than Bonanno. The History says it all..

This is from what has been publicly reported in indictments, articles, wiretaps, informants, etc. OBVIOUSLY, one shouldn't take these as 100% correct. The Genovese have captains who have managed to stay out of the radar and people didnt even know were made until they were busted (e.g. Conrad Ianniello).
Posted By: BarrettM

Re: How Badly or good are the Colombo's at this time? - 09/01/12 06:17 PM

That was before he was even boss, Joe Yacovelli masterminded the Joey Gallo hit, and Larry Gallo wasn't even murdered. Persico tipped his hand for nothing. And even before the Commission trial he was in jail always getting indicted.

On Bonanno/Lucchese. Disregard the Amuso reign and they've always had different leadership style. Luccheses playing it safe, more low profile, reaping the profits over time. Bonannos going at it hard and fast and ultimately suffering. In the end they come out about even, but the Luccheses are much more stable with less damage from informants. That being said the Bonannos have a ton of strong zips.

Re: How Badly or good are the Colombo's at this time? - 09/01/12 06:21 PM

It's mainly due to him that the Colombo Family today cannot go one year without an indictment. Even today Persico runs the Colombo's and look where it's gotten them

If you havent Noticed, All of the Members are getting Idicted. Mafia will change soon! Believe me.

Re: How Badly or good are the Colombo's at this time? - 09/01/12 06:24 PM

Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles
I´m not sure, but these guys seems to be Lucchese captains at the moment. (But don´t quote me on that):

- Neil Migliore
- Joey DiNapoli (in jail)
- Mathew Madonna (in jail)
- Tony "Bowat" Baratta (in prison)
- Joey Giampa
- "Crazy" Dom Truscello
- Tony "Blue Eyes" Santorelli
- Ralph Perna (in jail)
- Johnny "Hooks" Capra
- "Big" John Castellucci
- "Big" Joe Lubrano (in prison)
- Andrew DeSimone (in prison) (I´m not sure DeSimone held an official captain´s rank, but he was atleast an acting captain just before he was indicted.)

This is from RD. UI means under indictment.

Capos:
1. John "Johnny Hooks" Capra/70 - Bronx
2. John "Big John" Castellucci/52 - Brooklyn
3. Joseph “Big Joe” DiNapoli/76 (UI) - Bronx
4. Andrew DiSimone/48 (IP/8/7/2013) - Westchester and the Bronx
5. Joseph "Joey" Giampa/70 – Bronx and New Jersey
6. Joseph "Big Joey" Lubrano/41 (IP/10/31/2014)/Carmello "Carlo" Profeta/69 (IP) - Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island and the Bronx
7. Matthew Madonna/76 (UI) – Bronx
8. Aniello "Neil" Migliore/76 – Manhattan, Long Island and Florida
9. Ralph Perna/64 (UI) – New Jersey
10. Dominic "Crazy Dom" Truscello/76/Vincent "Vinny Casablanca" Mancione/50/Anthony Croce/78 (UI/IP) – Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island and Long Island
11. Anthony "Blue Eyes" Santorelli/65 – Brooklyn and the Bronx

Re: How Badly or good are the Colombo's at this time? - 09/01/12 06:25 PM

Yes but some more than others. The Genovese Family gets busted but they don't get hurt because no one rats. They do their time, someone watches over the rackets, they get out everything goes on. Some Families will be more successful than others

Re: How Badly or good are the Colombo's at this time? - 09/01/12 06:27 PM

They all are the same in the end. Informant's start snitching because they cover their ass from 40 years. I know someone who will change Cosa Nostra.

Re: How Badly or good are the Colombo's at this time? - 09/01/12 06:27 PM

Who or what are you referring to?

Re: How Badly or good are the Colombo's at this time? - 09/01/12 06:28 PM

They all are the same in the end. Informant's start snitching because they cover their ass from 40 years. I know someone who will change Cosa Nostra.

Care to share? rolleyes
Posted By: Antonio

Re: How Badly or good are the Colombo's at this time? - 09/01/12 07:19 PM

Care to share? rolleyes

Yeah, out with it tongue

Also, do all the New York families have "Zips" or a Sicilian crew? What about the Philly mob? Do they have a zip crew?

Re: How Badly or good are the Colombo's at this time? - 09/01/12 07:45 PM

Let time manage this.

Re: How Badly or good are the Colombo's at this time? - 09/01/12 07:46 PM

Pretty sure most of them do. I know the Bonanno's and the Gambino's do. Also Silvio DeVita, capo of a Genovese crew in Jersey was made in Sicily before coming to the US, so he brings members from the old country to the states all the time.
Posted By: Chopper2012

Re: How Badly or good are the Colombo's at this time? - 09/01/12 08:26 PM

Let time manage this.

How old are you buddy? 12? 11? Snap out of this fantasy world.
Posted By: Dwalin2011

Re: How Badly or good are the Colombo's at this time? - 09/01/12 08:28 PM

What happened to Joe Tommasello (he was Persico's acting boss during the war with Orena). He was sentenced to 8 years, and then? Is he still alive?

Re: How Badly or good are the Colombo's at this time? - 09/01/12 08:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011
What happened to Joe Tommasello (he was Persico's acting boss during the war with Orena). He was sentenced to 8 years, and then? Is he still alive?

he is still alive and was released from jail in 2005

Name Register # Age-Race-Sex Release Date Location
JOSEPH TOMASELLO 22723-053 79-White-M 07-15-2005 RELEASED
Posted By: Dwalin2011

Re: How Badly or good are the Colombo's at this time? - 09/01/12 09:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011

he is still alive and was released from jail in 2005

Name Register # Age-Race-Sex Release Date Location
JOSEPH TOMASELLO 22723-053 79-White-M 07-15-2005 RELEASED

So they didn't manage to pin any murders on him, a pity... even though he was responsible for the whole Persico faction outside prison. Is he still considered important in the organization or did he retire? There is nothing about him in the news.

Re: How Badly or good are the Colombo's at this time? - 09/01/12 09:04 PM

Considering how thin the ranks of the Colombos seem to be, I think barring his health it would be safe to say that he is still active.

Re: How Badly or good are the Colombo's at this time? - 09/01/12 09:54 PM

can we agree that andy russo is a bigger mafia figure then cefulo or crea? he and the sanke wit colombo held the word mafia out the movie the godfather or no?

Re: How Badly or good are the Colombo's at this time? - 09/02/12 04:19 AM

^^^i disgaree

Re: How Badly or good are the Colombo's at this time? - 09/02/12 04:59 AM

If Andy Russo was a bigger mob figure than Crea or Cefalu he would be on the street making money and not in jail.
The Colombo's are easily the weakest of the Five, while Crea and Cefalu run their families silently and efficently.
This day and age, you can't be "big" and run a Family, that's not how it works anymore.
And where did you hear that Godfather bull?

Re: How Badly or good are the Colombo's at this time? - 09/02/12 02:48 PM

If Andy Russo was a bigger mob figure than Crea or Cefalu he would be on the street making money and not in jail.
The Colombo's are easily the weakest of the Five, while Crea and Cefalu run their families silently and efficently.
This day and age, you can't be "big" and run a Family, that's not how it works anymore.
And where did you hear that Godfather bull?

I agree with everything you have to say there except about the Godfather . Back when Joe Colombo ran the Italian American civil rights league he protested against the Godfather and was able to keep the word mafia and i think another word out of the movie .

Re: How Badly or good are the Colombo's at this time? - 09/02/12 06:04 PM

^Thank you. And I didn't realize that Joe Colombo had prevented that word from being in the movie. Now that I look back on it the word was never spoken. Interesting fact.

Re: How Badly or good are the Colombo's at this time? - 09/02/12 06:35 PM

^Thank you. And I didn't realize that Joe Colombo had prevented that word from being in the movie. Now that I look back on it the word was never spoken. Interesting fact.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2006/apr/22/mafia

Here's an article about it.

Re: How Badly or good are the Colombo's at this time? - 09/02/12 07:03 PM

its gonna be interesting to see how much time tommys shots gets i guess 10yrs he's been in 5 so he might get out alive and how muuch time do the 6 rats get they pulled the triggers and noone was found guilty i tihnk they'll get big time but under 20. lil dino smashed a guys head in with sludgehammer for no reason you cant just let him skate, the poor family it had nothing to do with the colombo family, yaeh they found wild bills body, and big dino killed the cop his excuse was he didnt know, they cant let him walk on anyless then 15yrs.then the college kid murder that family never got his body over a bar fight.
Posted By: NickyScarfo

Re: How Badly or good are the Colombo's at this time? - 09/03/12 08:33 AM

Originally Posted By: Camarel

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2006/apr/22/mafia

Here's an article about it.

But it was only mentioned once in the original script anyway lol, the movie producers got one over the mob there.
Posted By: DeMeo

Re: How Badly or good are the Colombo's at this time? - 09/04/12 02:21 PM

The rankings:

Genovese - Gambino - Lucchese - Bonanno - Colombo.

The Bonanno's have moved up a place due to the Colombo situation. In the past, ome could look at their hierarchy and try to work out who was where. But with the arrests of Andrew Russo, Benjamin Castellazzo and Richard Fusco, plus Thomas Farace over the last year, I can't figure out much of anything!

The Bonanno's are alot easier, with the three top candidates for boss being Vito Grimaldi, Vincent Badalamenti or Vincent Asaro.
Posted By: spmob

Re: How Badly or good are the Colombo's at this time? - 09/07/12 08:35 PM

I hope there aren't to many kids out there like you. Dreaming of jail and death isn't cool so I hope... and to quote one of the movies you probably watch on repeat, "you will understand when your older"
Posted By: carmela

Re: How Badly or good are the Colombo's at this time? - 09/07/12 08:45 PM

I also have a dream. It's not about jail or death or being a woman joining Cosa Nostra. It's that one day everyone, regardless of gender, will be able to marry. This will make my 2 good friends, who will remain nameless (Dave and Tommy) extremely happy to be able to express their love the way they want.
I only want the best for them. God Bless.

Re: How Badly or good are the Colombo's at this time? - 09/07/12 08:53 PM

Originally Posted By: spmob
I hope there aren't to many kids out there like you. Dreaming of jail and death isn't cool so I hope... and to quote one of the movies you probably watch on repeat, "you will understand when your older"

Who are you talking to? Was the comment deleted ?
Posted By: tommykarate

Re: How Badly or good are the Colombo's at this time? - 11/14/12 02:08 PM

Didn't joe gallos brother die of cancer?persico almost killed him.a cop walkd in
Posted By: azguy

Re: How Badly or good are the Colombo's at this time? - 11/14/12 02:34 PM

John Baudanza/41 (IP/8/2/2015)
Anthony “Bowatt” Baratta/69 (IP/9/25/2012)
Dominick Capelli/55 (IP/9/30/2013)
George "George Goggles" Conte/51 (IP/3/10/2014)
Domenico "Danny" Cutaia/75 (IP/11/21/2012)
Salvatore Cutaia/52 (IP/8/22/2016)
Frank “Frankie Pearls” Federico/80 (IP/2/20/2016)
James “Froggy” Galione/47 (IP/12/24/2015)
Frank "Frankie Bones" Papagni/54 (IP/11/24/2015)
Michael Perna/66 (IP/8/02/2015)
Michael “Mad Dog” Taccetta/60 (IP/9/20/2015)
Joseph "Joey Flowers" Tangorra/58 (IP/12/09/2014)
George "Georgie Neck" Zappola/49 (IP/3/03/2014)

All Lucchese guys getting out soon

Boy, they have a ton of guys getting home in the next few years...
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET